Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

After being acknowledged, Arkravis would throw his glove at a clear plastic canister on the nearby medical counter.

The object teetered off of its position and clattered loudly on the ground, scaring its content along the corner of the room. The Avion would use the distraction move directly into Terrance's personal space, reaching out with his left hand to grab the shoulder of the metalic arm.

With Arkravis now in direct contact with the man, he was able to ascertain the source of the chaotic energy within him. Using his own natural affinity for dominance over energy, the Avion reigned in the chaos in Terrance's being. As a result, the man's false-arm stopped constantly shifting shape. A temporary measure, but enough to keep Terrance's complications from interfering with his work.

Arkravis stared point blank into the youth's face. As he did so, speaking to him.

"Every moment you spend fretting and panicking over your past, is another moment your enemy capitalizes on your weakness. As you are now, you are more than useless - you are a liability. If you are scared, accept it and move on. If you are angry, harness it and move on. Only your objectives are important, and they will not wait for you. Now finish what you are doing and complete your recovery. I will be back later to speak with you about the sewers. Have your resolve strengthened by then."

A soft hand was not what this youth needed to become a man. Here was an individual who wanted to be something of purpose, and was willing to throw himself into the fire blindly to do so. Arkravis knew well the hesitation that came with the discovery that world was not as simple to be bent by will alone, nor were the consequence of attempting so as straightforward. But if the will were properly tempered with experience and caution - then there was potential to glean from it. Soft reassurances and pampering tempered these things poorly.

Arkravis would go to reclaim his glove, placing it back on his hand. His trick likely bought Terrance enough time to work on his strange device without interruption from his own power. His mind, however, would be his own task to sort out.

For now, Arkravis would leave. Whatever information Terrance had would likely be too buried within trauma to be of use. Arkravis would have to send someone more likely to survive a blind run into hostile territory.

And though it made his stomach churn to think of it, he knew exactly which individual he wanted to accompany Lian's contact.

Desirable Genius

arrow Lian's Manor

Lian had nearly been startled herself whens he heard the trash can clatter. She ran to the doorway, seeing what had happened but merely just observed. Sometimes she was no good at handling the issues of men, fears and strengths. Her own needed work as well but for right now, she was relived to see Arkravis giving him attention. From what she had heard, Terrance's mother was all he had. No father anywhere. An older gentleman like Arkravis would be a good model for him. Lian breathed a little sigh of relief, stepping back and pulling Arkravis to the side with a gentle smile. "You have such an oddball way of handling things...but I think what you did will help him greatly. Perhaps even after, you can take him under your wing a little. He was raised by just his mother after all."She said rubbing the shoulder typically where he leaned the most on his cane. On a more serious note, she leaned back against the wall and crossed her arms.

"I've contacted my guy...how about you? How soon do you think you can get a hold of him?"She asked, though she sensed that he had already made up his mind. Her mouth slipped into a more amused smile. "That bad?"

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHe was surprised by the man’s sudden interest in him. He wasn’t exactly sacared of him, actually the man felt quite welcoming. So when the man came over to touch his shoulder he did not flinch. Suddenly he began to feel energy transfer through him. His brown eyes went wide, and his hair spiked through the air as the energy shot through his body.

Suddenly, he moved his mechanical arm, to find that it had stopped shifting, at least for the short while. Terrance would break into a warming smile. This meant he can work on his project without fear or danger of the metal spreading. He was about to thank the man and rush to the table however it seemed the man had something to say to him.

The man was now directly in his face which caused Terrance to jump back. Nobody had ever stood this close to his face without actually wanting to kill him first. So when the man actually began to speak to him, he was surprised. Suddenly the man began to speak, Terrance eyes relaxed, his lips closing instead of trying to say anything.

He was scared, he was scared to harm others, scared that his action swill cause more people to suffer. Yet he couldn’t accept what he did was horrible. He did the right thing, he knew he did and nothing was going to tell him otherwise, not Lovi and not the man who he had spoken with. One statement however, caought Terrances interest. It caused his ears to go from slightly listening to full attention.

If you are angry, harness it and move on. Only your objectives are important, and they will not wait for you.

The man was giving him a chance, a chance to prove himself and to get over his problems. He nodded at the man’s last words and watched him walk out. Terrance staring at the door for a second before he left, He would then lock his eyes with Julia. “He’s right, I have work to do, and I’m not going to get it done just sitting here…”

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Julia felt relieved that Terrance was being helped and whatever Arkravis had done, as well as said, picked up his spirits. She couldn't help but smile a little, seeing him so eager to go back to work. Though, he wouldn't have a lot to work with in the infirmary. "Looks like we're going on a road trip. I'll pull the car around, but you sit tight. Gather what you need that you have here, and I'll come by to take you to the car. I wouldn't push it right now, even with what Mister Arkravis gave you."She said, leaning and giving him kiss, smiling and ruffling his dreads. "I'm glad you're feeling a little better, Terry-bear. I'll go get the car now and we'll head over to Fal'lain Corp immediately."

A chill in the infirmary as the air conditioning in Lian's mansion kicked on made her remember that her blouse had been sliced open. Looking down, she lifted the flap up to cover her stomach. "I think I have extra shirts at the office."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHe noticed that the blouse was cut and pointed his face toward the ground. A blush was on his face however, showing that he wasn’t completely angry at himself for what he did. He lifted his head back up and coughed for a second before placing a few things on his table in his bookbag. He didn’t have much minus a few tools and scraps circuitry, and metal. The latter two he was sure he could get back at the building. He stopped for a second when he realize she had went to get the carp, and he touched his lips.

It seemed so, different now, these kisses felt, natural. What happened to her that resorted in such a change of behavior for her? He wasn’t sure and certainly he couldn’t say why. She was indeed a mystery to him, one that he had to admit piqued his interest, especially af of late. He had shared much restless nights with her after the attack. It both hurt and healed him that Julia was there for him.

He had just finished Packing the rest of his things, and he had decided to put on a jacket. He chose a brown bomber jacket that his mother had once given him for his birthday. In the summer, it wasn’t something he’d usually wear, but he certainly wouldn’t want people seeing his shifting arm (If it was still in danger OF shifting.) If this helped cover it at least a bit he’d be happy for it. All he had to do now was wait for the redhead to return.

Desirable Genius

arrow Lian's manor--Ladies Ward

Julia pulled her vehicle up to the front door quite quickly. She had been sticking around Lian's manor mostly just to make sure Lian could get the things she needed while unable to go out herself but also for Terrance. She parked her car, headed out and went to grab one of the wheelchairs from the corner, popping it open and wheeling it over to the bed. "No walking for now."She tutted, waiting for him to take a seat. "I'll take you out to the car and contact the company on the way there to prepare a room in the lab so you can sleep where you work. There's a cafeteria at the company too, so don't worry about food too much."

Julia grinned. "My bed will be right next to yours if you need anything."She teased.

Trexasle

High-functioning Lunatic

arrow Edward's Apartment

After the journey to the semi-familiar homestead and the formalities, Charisma took in a deep breath before letting it out in a big sigh. A lot had happened in the course of the day, and in the very least, she was glad to be somewhere safe. Biting her lip, she looked over to Edward as he started talking.

"Alright~" Moving in first, the Songstress beat the sleuth to their little kiss. But not to the booty grab. "Good luck." She said as she took up her bags, heading to his bedroom to drop them off. However, she paused to look over her shoulder. "Thanks.. Ed."

With a wink, she disappeared into the room to let him do his research, after all, at this point, all she'd be was a nuisance and a bit of a distraction. Hours had passed, Charisma had spent most of it just looking around the apartment. Not being nosy, but mostly admiring the look of the place. In the end she ended up on the balcony, enjoying the sun until she drifted off in a chair for a strategic snooze.

Until a sweet little tune chimed from her cell. Rubbing her eyes, she picked it up.

"Aria here."

Her eyes widened a bit as Lovi's voice sputtered out of the other end.

"We're on our way. Just. Get somewhere safe. Please."

Hanging up, she burst back into the house, phone still in hand.

"EDWARD?! ED WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THE GUILD." Looking around, she tried her best to keep from panicking. "ED? THERE'S A BOMB"

Lady Gilaen

Just Naota

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageConfidence, for Terrance it comes and goes. The scrambled mess that is my traumatized brain doesn’t make it better either. Seeing that he was going to be transported there in a wheelchair, he sighed and sat down on it. The seat was mildly uncomfortable and it felt like it was nearly broken. He always hated wheelchairs, and this only served to remind him.

He heard what his new living arrangements were going to be, and they sounded okay up until the point she announced where she was going to be. He had to object but this time with a bit of a twist. “Rather share bed, much more efficient…” He stopped when he realized what he implied. “Rather embarrassed, I retract my current statement.”

Well at least he was speaking like his normal self.

Desirable Genius

arrow Lian's Manor--Ladies Ward

Julia raised an eyebrow but she had the biggest smile on her face. She chuckled, leaning down once he was in the wheelchair and giving the top of his head a kiss. "Nuh-uh. Retraction declined."She chuckled, wheeling him out of the infirmary, but she had fun with it. She moved in zigzags with him until they reached the door to her waiting car. She moved him to the passenger's seat, letting him climb in and settle into it himself. "I'll get you there in the nick of time, sunshine. In the meantime, you should think about what you need from the labs on the way there. That way they can have everything in one place for you when you need it."She said, giving him another kiss, folding up the wheelchair and putting it in the backseat of her car.

Julia climbed in, threw on her seat belt and drove slowly down the driveway though once out the street, she zoomed off.
arrow Guildhall Ward, the Boarding House

TIME PARADOX

After a few hours of running tests with the Changeling at his side, Edward decided to give it a rest and that he was satisfied with the results. It had been a good day's work and he deserved a bit of rest and relaxation. Especially after all that the duo had found through the mental photographs Edward had taken and the room's 3D hologram software that brought the murder scene to life. The cyberpunk stepped out of his Armory/Laboratory, closing the door behind him and locked it with a large, ornate key. He was about to walk leisurely into his apartment and spend the rest of the night with Charisma. However, fate had other plans when Charisma began shouting from inside the apartment. Something about the Dark Swan. And a bomb. Instead, Ed rushed the rest of the way to the door and swung it open violently. "What the hell do you mean there's a bomb?!"

Things never get simpler, do they?

The detective didn't need an explanation, though he could technically work while the Songstress did so. He dodged the woman as he ran into his bedroom, nearly pulling out one of his drawers completely from it's socket with his cybernetic arm. Rifling through it's contents (which in his frantic state meant he was tossing his crap all over the place), Edward produced a small object which looked like a circuit board with some other electronic bits attached and a switch. It didn't look like much but the punk couldn't understate it's usefulness in situations like this. The handheld RF-jammer would prevent the bomb from being triggered (if indeed that was it's detonation type) via cellphone or trigger detonator, though due to it's small size Edward was required to be in proximity of the transmitter or the receiver. The cyberpunk didn't know where the bomber was, so he had to take his chances with the more lethal of the two. The bomb.

Pocketing the jammer and leaving the mess as it was, Edward ran out of his apartment and down the stairs. He wasn't too concerned if Charisma followed after him; he only hoped that he could get there in time and that the women didn't get in his way in the process. Currently, the man was three hundred pounds of rampaging cyborg, it wasn't a smart thing to stand in his path if he was in a real hurry.

"What's this racket?!" Mrs. Burke asked with an ill-temper as she entered the living room with her metallic wand still in her hand.

Edward skidded to a stop. "Do you know where the Dark Swan is?"

"Not from ever having gone there," The matronly women sounded insulted, her knuckles going white on her wand hand.

"But you know where it is?"

"Of cour-"

"I need a portal there. NOW!"

They exchanged sour looks and the woman turned, waving her metallic wand around in a graceful manner. She spoke words in a language that Edward couldn't and didn't bother even trying to replicate, knowing full well that he had to be one of her kind to even understand it in truth, and made a slicing motion with her wand. Reality suffered a tear and it soon expanded into the shape of a door. "This'll relay you to one of Sigil's many Doors. You'll be a block south of the brothel but you'll be able to see the building from your location on the other side. Just don't come back through that door thinking it'll lead back home. It won't."

Edward wasted no time and ran through the portal.
((Time paradoxing to before the bomb at the Dark Swan))

"No, I just think it's a little rude." Wigi continued to mutter to a chain of shrunken heads as the nearby door swung open. The changeling ignored this as one of the heads began to wriggle around, the lines of a withered mouth tingling between the stitches as a wet, slick suction wriggled its way through the cracks of its dried lips as though trying to speak. Though no other sound came out, Wigi seemed to look abashed and swiftly tossed the mound of heads aside, an agitated look stretching across his face as though some gesture caused him great unrest. Slamming his fist into the nearby counter the ogre would shake his shaggy dreads out and grumble something to himself under his breath as he began to pluck out a needle and thread to start some work on another one of his various hand-knitted garbs. It was a bit of a nervous tick in a sense, a way to keep his body occupied as he thought over various important matters. As a result he was building up quite the supply of finely crafted clothes, most of which he often exchanged for various services in the community.

A long pause filled the air and Weej took a moment to let the air settle down a bit before he began chattering in a low, grumbling tone. "Gotta make a stop by Guppy's. He's got a pest problem he needs handled." He let that hang in the air for another moment before finally adding, with a little guilt, "He's calling on my tab."

This, in short, was code for the last time he beat a customer for using Guppy's 'food' for bait. It was bad for business, but the thought of someone tossing out such fine food to mere fish such as that felt a little insulting to the ogre who, admittedly addict to unusual facets of interest, took an unhealthy interest in promoting the fisherman's fare. Fortunately Wigi always paid his due and then-some to the 'cook'. It was quite possible the ogre singlehandedly kept the shop afloat. But truth be told Guppy's income always was a little sketchy to begin with. But Wigi never bothered to ask about how the quite owner kept himself in such good shape with the shop, being descreet about personal matters as he was, and Guppy never saw fit to tell.

Things just seemed to work better that way when Wigi was involved.

Desirable Genius

arrow The Dark Swan

Tilly was down to her last minute. She looked down at the briefcase, kneeling down with it and getting on her knees. She held the gun in one hand, balancing the briefcase on its hinges. Slowly, she shut her eyes, a sob slipping through her as she brushed her thumb against the keypad. They were hot from her body heat. She started to punch in the numbers one at a time. "Four...Four...Eight...Ni--Nine..."She sniffed, bringing the gun to her temple. The moment she would press the last number, she would press it and then finish herself off before the contents could cause her too much pain.

She bit her lip. Tilly almost prayed that something would happen, something that would end up deterring her from pressing that last button. She sobbed, her thumb pressed on the 1 button, her thumb moving over to the enter button. "Waahahaha, I-I d-don't I don't...I don't wanna...Mama!"Tilly sobbed uncontrollably.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHe had his little fun with her whist she played with his wheelchair. Granted, he felt a bit dizzy going into the car, but it was fun while it lasted. The female was at least taking his recovery well, which made him feel partially okay. However, mind was swarming elsewhere when he got into the car. It was all because of what the male said to him. It repeated itself multiple times in Terrance’s head. At least his vision wasn’t being haunted by KB.

Well not completely, the visions were still there, just heavily surpressed, maybe because he wasn’t around so many people. Maybe it was because he was positive that KB didn’t have the impressive body that Julia did. Again, Terrance could always recognize curves, especially hers.

“Going to need, carbonated beverages, specifically mountain dew, lots and lots of mountain dew.” It wasn’t for anyone but himself. When he get to the lab, the first thing he was going to do was work, unless Julia had something to say about it.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Julia raised an eyebrow. having to stop at a red light. She sat back, drumming her manicured nails on the steering wheel. She looked over at him, noting how skinny he was. Did he only run only on caffeine and sugar? Tsking, she zoomed off again until she hit another light, swearing. "There's some in the cafeteria. I'll see if a fridge can be brought up and a couple of bottles. Would you like an IV tube of it straight to your bloodstream?"She questioned, though it was a little bit of a tease.

Julia zoomed off again, this time darting carelessly around traffic toward the Guild hall. She was making quick time despite all the lights, but the sort of cursed herself for not having one of those flying cars. She simply didn't know the reason for it and she personally wasn't a fan of heights. The large shining building was in sight, but they were still a few blocks away as she sat behind another red light. "I'll have cafeteria staff come by in intervals to give you something to eat. Straight up sugar is just going to rot your stomach, sunshine."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Lian Feaorne

Did he only run only on caffeine and sugar?

Terrance Vanguard

User ImageOf course he did. It was either that or drink his weight in beer, and there is already a nerd on the internet who does that. "Humorous, very humorous." He said in monotone. His attempts however to hold back his laughter failed. The dreaded male couldn't help but let out at least one giggle. He barely even noticed that the redhead had horrible driving skills. Now by horrible, one does not mean dangerous. She was a good driver, just didn't follow the rules of the road.

He saw that they were almost there at least, so his life could be spared. The skinny male would sigh in relief and close his brown eyes for a quick second just to let himself relax. The face of KB suddenly surrounded the corridors of of his closed mind. His eyes widened again, a slight gasp escaping his mouth. He was obviously not completely cured of his fear of KB, Something hopefully he must conquer over time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff