Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Soldier

3,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

For a moment the world seemed a little different, the moment he was pulled out of the Void. He walked from a dusty like blackness, a hole that formed in the center of the street as the hooded figure clad in black long coat, and clothing, gloves and boots. This slightly muscular figure face dawned in a shadow cast by the hood. Locks of dim gray hair, along with a scruffy face wore the man of battle. His hands drawn into the pockets of the long coat with the parted coat tails that seemed long. He wore a sword at his side and what looked like a parrying knife to his lower back. He is a faceless hero, a man without a name a simple 'Alley of Justice' who walked a blood soaked path. Nameless seemed to find the new place odd, as it wasn't his home land, and in fact he felt a spacial and temporal difference as if he crossed from one dimension to another, and without a reason, or understanding he simply started down the road. Nameless' heterochromia eyes, the left eye being steel blue, and the right being a indigo color looked about he found himself in a massive city. Nameless traveled down about this section called the Hive. His boot steps seemed slightly heavy, as if he was getting use to the new atmosphere.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
Melanie Rose

When once our heav'nly-guided soul shall clime,

Then all this Earthy grosnes quit,

User Image

Melanie followed the strange creature, not really perturbed by its sights. She’d seen far worse in her lifetime and if she kept on the road with Talon she was garunteed to see worse. What with the bosses desire for multi-dimensional business transactions. It seemed hard to believe that they were in some other dimension and yet people still looked the same and acted the same. Gaudy decorations for the affluent, hard and cold professionalism by the military, and the poor living in the slums dreaming of rebellion. It was pretty much her childhood all over. Only instead of the military control, it was economic control.

Her gaze turned to the guards ahead of them, standing near the base of an elaborate staircases. What was it with rich people and staircases? One would assume if you were that rich you’d simply buy an elevator. Perhaps it was for the effect staircases had. Melanie looked to the men she didn’t know. One type she picked up immediately was the nervous one. He struck her as a businessman, perhaps a lawyer. Melanie narrowed her eyes at him. She disliked lawyers. As the lady was presented, the human female bowed her frame, to the Lady, having been trained by Ms. Astrum in the ways of etiquette. She could not help but feel painfully underdressed, but she had been unable to get more formal clothes before being dispatched.

“Milady, it is an honor to make your acquaintance,” She said, rising up from her bowed stature, “I am Melanie Rose of Talon Defense Industries. To what do we have the pleasure of this meeting?”

Attir'd with Stars, we shall for ever sit,

Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee O Time.

Versatile Soldier

3,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Nameless made his way deeper into the great city, eyes looking about at the faces. Most of them he'd never seen before, let alone none of them knew of him even if he asked some of the citizens of where he was....

Sigil?

That word, the name of the vast city confused him. Nameless know came to the conclusion he was indeed not in his own dimension anymore, and with no clear way to return home, the wandering faceless hero took a stroll around. If something came about from his travels it was this single thing. Nameless' calm stature, and movement betrayed the veteran warrior of many a wars, it is engraved into his very core, the way he looked around and moved to keep from sniper fire, and magic blasts.

Nameless found nothing wrong, not even a impending sense of doom that normally came with him as he wandered the lands.

Desirable Genius

Pengu von Scheiffe

arrow Ladies Ward--Lian's Manor

Lian listened attentively to Trinity's explanation. It was remarkable to hear about different cultures across the planes, when their appearances were one in the same except for skin tone differences. Lian sat patiently, watching as the foreigner elf tentatively tried new foods. "There's plenty of protein in there don't worry...Its elk roast, potatoes and beans."She explained, pointing things out on the plate. Lian moved so she was reclined on her side, smiling. "Its fascinating though...My country has nothing like that. Well...we have meditation but such attention to detail in movement in prayer and weapon is special. In other nations, I haven't seen it."Lian mused. She shifted so she was lying on her back. In Sigil, one couldn't really see the stars...The haze of the city air blocked them and the lights made it near impossible.

"In Fal'lain, we have the Oracle's Dance. The movement of our bodies mimics the breeze in the trees, the solidity of the ground and the songs of birds. I have not done it in a long time...I've been practicing alternative arts that focus on the mind more than movement. Arts of absolute stillness."She said as she stared upwards, trying to look for some sort of sign in the sky. Her ear perked a bit with the noise down the road. For some reason or another, the Chateau de Honore was more lively than usual...and it was something to be concerned about. The Madame that lived inside was not the most pleasant person in the world. Lian lulled her head over. "When your finished eating, allow me to apply a salve. It'll numb the pain...but I'm sure you'll heal on your own accord in due time."She smiled.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Trinity Syn
Wayward Warrior
~ ~ Age: 241 ~ ~
Activated Skills: NONE

Health: 294/294 Mana: 120/120
~~ Atk +4 ~~ Dfnc+2 ~~ Mgc+7 ~~ Adpt +5~~

“The Oracle Dance… it seems similar to the practices of the Order of Blue. They are powerful runemasters, utilizing the most ancient of magics to bend the very elements to their will. Their motions are to mimic the very nature they control. It is said that the first Master of the Order of Blue carved the temple out of the mountain side with his own hands. It is a beautiful place to see. Secluded, peaceful and removed from the troubles of the world,” She lifted what the woman referred to as elk meet and with a small blade from her side, she carved a piece from it, taking it to her mouth. Trinity savored the rich taste, similar to the meat often found at most family tables. She chewed the piece, slowly before swallowing.

“My people put a great emphasis on honor, tradition, and respect. From the highest lord to the lowest peasant, each performs the Blade Meditation. Each deserves respect. Ours is a society built by one another and held together by faith. This place… it has turmoil at its very core,” She said, following Lian’s gaze to the sky, “My father though I should be an artist. It was more of an insult. Said I was better with brush than I was with blade. He desired a son, but he only got me before my mother was taken from us. I have not painted since he enrolled me in blade training.”

Turning her back to the woman, Trinity released the constricting linens, there to keep her body erect when in meditation. Her chest remained covered by a simple band of fabric, though with her back bare, the rivulets of blood from wounds trickled down her back and the bruises were once more visible. She would allow the other to apply her healing ointment.

Desirable Genius

Pengu von Scheiffe

arrow Ladies Ward--Lian's Manor (Front Lawn)

Lian nodded. "Of course...Coming here must be a culture shock to you. All of such is so...distorted. I've told you of the rebellion, yes?"She said as she sat up and moving so she was sitting upright. As she spoke, she would grab the jar of salve, unscrewing the lid. She sniffed it, making sure it was the correct one before she turned to Trinity's back. She cringed at the sight of the little rivlets of blood, pulling out a cloth from her pocket and cleaning it up a bit before she applied. The salve would give a bit of a warm feeling as she applied it, heating clean the wound before cooling to numb it like a minty tingle. "The lower classes of Sigil are rising...Lead by Tres. The man with the crystal arm if you remember the vampire battle..."She explained as she dabbed the salve on the wounds carefully.

"Sigil's elite have no respect for those who live in the poorest sections. Tresondros is trying to change that...but from what I hear, his method could cost lives. Something like this can lose control and turn into war."She said, brow furrowed as she touched up a few locations on Trinity's back before closing up the jar and cleaning her hand on the same cloth she used to clean up some of the blood on her back. Lian may have been paying closer attention to the tough but delicate nature of Trinity's skin...For the shade, it was lovely but the scars marred it horribly. "I'm trying to prevent that...I have a plan that will rearrange Sigil to make it so the wealth spreads and their can be a focus on improving the people's living conditions and well being...It'll create jobs and make it so leaders have to take responsibility for the people they work with, not over. I just hope I can reach the people this way before its too late."Lian furrowed her brow more intensely, patting Trinity's shoulder and leaning slightly so she was looking at her, pleading.

"You speak of a tradition of your people or respect for the classes during your meditation...I can't do this alone...Help me teach a way of giving people the respect they deserve by the people who refuse to give it to them. Help me form the middle ground where people can stand together and work in harmony with each other..."She asked, moving so she was sitting in front of Trinity, knelt on her kneels. "Help me create peace...You won't even have to pick up a brush unless it must be to help a family paint their new home and I'll be there to help too."

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Trinity Syn
Wayward Warrior
~ ~ Age: 241 ~ ~
Activated Skills: NONE

Health: 294/294 Mana: 120/120
~~ Atk +4 ~~ Dfnc+2 ~~ Mgc+7 ~~ Adpt +5~~

Trinity twitched slightly as the salve was applied. Reflex mostly. While she truly trusted the elven woman she was with, the events of the past year had scarred her heart and the betrayal by her own apprentice had made her question even the closest of bonds she held. Biting her lip, she let the ointment work, feeling the warm burn spread through her chest before fading to a cool numbing. It truly helped with the pain. The physical at least. Her mind still held the last days of the siege fresh in her memory. The battering ram at the gates to the Hall of Travel. The cries of pain and agony. War was something Trinity knew all about. But this rebellion, what Lian was trying to do simply didn’t seem possible.

“Lian, you must open your eyes. The people who hold the power in this city. They do not want to help others. They wish only for profit and that selfishness is a root of evil that must be pulled. War has taken two sisters, my husband, and my son from me. It has taken countless friends and it has taken its toll on me,” She paused, looking down at her hand. Her palm carried a circular scar with runes carved into the flesh, “I know the horrors of war, but I do not question whether they were worth waging, because in my heart I know that it was worth it. The people here… they will never get prosperity unless they take it. As you say, single person cannot do it all, but I am not that person who can help you. Not in this manner. I am trained of blade and of bow and of destruction. I know not how to give life and life I did create is gone.”

She rose, leaving the bindings to hang from her lower torso. Taking her staff in her hand, she stood, looking down at the women before her. Her teal eyes were sharp, aged by war, but sharp. At some point she would have to return home and face Sereda but until that moment, she could only hone her skills of war. And if need be, help this rebellion in her own way.

“In my homeland, I was called the Arbiter of the Empress. This title comes with another. Protector of the People. I know only war, Lian and I cannot help you forge peace in the way you desire,
” Turning she faced the house, “When the time comes, you will have my voice. And you will have my blade. But only in war can I sing. We each have our paths to walk. Mine is not yours. I thank you for the meal. And the room. I suggest I meet with this Tres at the soonest convenience.”

With this said, she stepped across the greenery toward the house. Her wounds still glistening in the setting sun. Trinity walked calmly to the house and entered her room. There she pulled out the blue stone from her chest, and spoke to it in soft hushed words, watching the texts scroll over its worn surface.

Desirable Genius

arrow Ladies Ward--Lian's Manor

Lian felt a little crushed when Trinity disagreed..but with the knowledge of war, was also the knowledge in ways to prevent it. She sat calmly, despondent but understanding. "Right...I understand. Thank you...At least for listening anyway."She nodded. Well, that crashed and burned quickly. When Trinity went back inside, Lian took her time in cleaning up her dinner and folding up the blanket. What was she to do? There had to be more who thought the same way she did...That peace and prosperity could be obtained through non-violent means. Lian looked down at her feet all the way to the floor as she headed back inside. She threw the cloth she used to clean Trinity's back and the blanket in the wash, absently washing the dishes and heading upstairs to check on her daughter that lay sleeping in her toddler-sized bed in the nursery. There was a night light that twinkled stars on the ceiling as she slept and it was the only stars she'd see this evening.

Lian...As much as she loved Tres as a friend, couldn't feel like she could face him. Not after the Tavern. Not after Lovi still refused to speak with her unless they were arguing...There were now less people she could turn to more than ever. Hopefully when she made an announcement of her plan to help Sigil, there would be more who felt the same way. Lian kissed Terra's head, the child rolling over and clutching a bear in a suit of armor. She left the nursery and went into her den area just up the way, sitting down behind her large desk and pulling out the small compact she used to type up her notes earlier. Lian plugged it into her larger computer, tapping away again.

She had plans to make this public, not just on television, but in the streets on eye level with everyone. Even if she wasn't listened to, or if the people disagreed, she would stand by her knowledge and hope.

Anxious Lunatic

Streets of the Guildhall Ward

Things had gone well thus far.

The man called Fasumbra Langardo had spent the majority of his day wandering the Market Ward, throwing his money at whatever caught his eye. A golden bracelet here, a silver necklace there, and a hand-woven scarf that was a stellar example of craftsmanship just to name a few.

Now, he was walking quietly down the streets of the Guildhall Ward. A cup of coffee from a certain famous guild was cupped in his gloved right hand, his left nonchalantly hauling a sizable bag of his 'expensive junk', to quote Tegan. Eyes smoldering like emerald coals took short glances about, here and there, taking in whatever details peaked the interest of their owner.

Fasumbra was... comfortable, he thought, taking a sip of the blessed caffine. Today had been overall relaxing and enjoyable, and he had visions of battle and violence in the back of his mind. Heaven or Hell was fast approaching, and the thought of testing himself in battle against men and women of a common creed was... tantalizing, to say the least. He had to be patient, however. Saving up his aggression would make it all the easier to burn when he reached that point. For now, he would do his best to remain peaceful.

For now, he would drink his coffee, and wander the streets a bit more.

Prophet

The process of eating was never a pleasant one if you really sat down and watched it, or even thought about all the details involved. It was messy on some level no matter how careful you were, and generally speaking whatever you eat was one a living thing at one point. There was a time in Sokoya's life where she had some qualms about eating other living things. She tried to avoid it, but in the end the hunger always won. She'd learned to accept it. Enjoy it. Look forward to it.

She was still a messy eater though.

The schlurping sounds as she suckled meat right off the bone. The splatter of juices that literally dripped from the meat still. Her hungry gulps as she greedily stuffed her face. Finishing off a leg, she'd even chomp down into the bone with a loud crack before happily sucking on the marrow. No part of her glorious feast would go wasted. The girl really had no manners at all, though. After all...she was a guest in someone's house and was eating before they could. Then again, she doubted that the man would really mind.

She hadn't caught his name, which was sad on a certain level. Once upon a time the girl was struggling for her morality. Trying to keep everything about herself as close to the human condition as possible. And here she was, just years later, finishing up eating a person in his own home and she couldn't be bothered to remember what he originally looked like. With a sigh, the fighter would wipe her mouth on her sleeve, leaving a smear of blood across her lips and chin as well as on the fabric of her jacket. She hardly cared anymore. Gaia was a place where a werewolf could walk down the street and most people would barely bat an eye.

Sigil was even worse.

The place was known as the city of doors. Home to endless portals to new worlds and new realms. All manner of creature roamed free here making it quite the ideal location for a center of commerce. And for a underbelly of crime. Whatever it was, the place had a certain charm that called to the platinum haired girl. And since there was a newly vacated house, she figured she could squat in the city for a while until she figured her future out a bit better. Glancing down to the bloody mess on the carpet, she'd frown at the leftovers. Slim pickings of organs she hadn't really bothered to eat and small bits of bone. She'd be satisfied for a little bit at least.

"Time to hit the streets," She'd state to the empty house, giving a firm nod of the head. Leaving the mess in the living room, Sokoya would head for the front door only to pause at a mirror in the hallway. Eyeing her reflection, the girl would toy around with her silvery pixie cut hair for a moment before planting a bloody kiss onto the mirror. "Good to go!" And just like that, the girl would step out onto the street, making sure to shut the door behind her.

A glance of her ruby eyes to the right....and then to the left. Just where exactly was she going again? Who knows. Frowning at the few people who gave her odd looks, the girl would head off down the sidewalk. She was smack dab in the middle of what was known as the Guildhall District. Home to the Sigil's version of Chinatown and the middle class. Sort of reminded her of her brief time back with the folks. Kind of heart warming, really. Smiling to herself, the girl would stroll on with her hands stuffed into her front jean pockets. Her Chuck Taylors slapping against the concrete with each stride.

What to do....what to do...

Aged Gaian

Judge KB

"Clearly someone around here wants the city to suffer a bit longer, probably to justify the construction and deployment of an army. That's just a theory though~" With a nod to himself as he inspected one of the soldiers face to face the vampire considered the endgame. A cluck of the tongue followed as his attention drifted to his shoulder and the continued absence of an arm. He sighed. Time for a change of subject?

"I can only assume since you've called on me that this is the blood I requested. Not going to be much use locked up in here chewing on rocks all day, am I?" A series of rhetorical questions he didn't really expect answered. Not that he gave much time for reply. It was more like he was talking to himself than to them, just to hear himself talk. Such narcissism did not benefit much from being fed Tres' egotistical brainwaves.

The Hive - Emerald City

"An army was long warranted. Someone has got to make a place where there apartment doesn't get blown up every week.", Tres said in a way that was almost friendly. Jay wouldn't have imagined by the ease at which the psion spoke that Tres was still nursing the injury he received in his battle with KB where KB threw him into an exposed piece of rebar. He was reminded with each breath which carried with it the pang of a still healing injury. KB was more powerful than Tres by far yet the Psion carried himself casually in his presence. While Tres could not control the vampire, he was ensured by their connection that he would not attack him and that Tres had a sort of persuasive ability over him.

Tres reached into a leather pouch on his utility belt and pulled out a blood pack. Oddly enough, rather than the red liquid one would expect inside was a strange quicksilver like silver liquid that shimmered in the light with the sparkles of billions of stars. Tres tossed the blood pack towards KB and said; "Only the best for my men." The psion paid himself a compliment and with that KB would likely realize that the blood was Tres's own. Tres's blood would have a special kick and an exotic flavor that would be as delightful as it was invigorating. The blood was packed with microscopic bits of astral construct material which caused the silvery color and this material was loaded with psionic energy that would bring KB a renewed clarity of mind and surge of inspiration.

"You will not be feasting on this one. She will be dealing us the tools with which we will sculpt a new age from the unworked crystal that is Sigil." Tres walked over to a potrusion of emerald in front of the still legion of astral constructs. Tres would place his left hand upon the potrusion and the hard crystal surface would mold like clay worked by millions of hands into the ring shape that was Sigil. He then turned and looked at Jay.

"...A NEW DAWN and for you both it will prove very profitable both spiritually, intellectually and economically. The Ladies ward hordes their treasures from all over the cosmos like feral dragons. We will finally end the cycle of plutocratic abuse and make a world where a man can work for what he earns. "

Anxious Lunatic

Once, Fasumbra Langardo was a spectator at a certain tournament, sitting in the stands with the common populace of Gaia, watching men and women duel each other to the death. Always the chivalrous gentleman, he had seen a young lady who seemed slightly bored with the proceedings and decided he would help entertain her with a small show of magic, which resulted in the two of them having a much nicer view.

Unfortunately, the half-elf had not seen her for quite a bit of time after that, but shrugged it off as a lost caust. That is, until he watched the Dark Tournament, and saw the same woman fighting at the height of brutality, all the way to the very top of the bracket. A champion, a heroine of the arena. The knowledge that he had met a spectacular fighter and never seen her again had disturbed him slightly, seeing as his business was all about relationships with potentially deadly persons.

So imagine his surprise when from a building in front of him exited a certain silver-haired woman.

It was unlikely she would recognize him. Doubtful, especially considering he had changed quite a bit from their parting.

A bit older now, Fasumbra's face had hints of laugh lines here and there, a mildly pointed nose highlighted by relatively deep lines traced to the corners of his mouth. His hair was fairly the same, molten gold in a river down his back, with the bangs tamed to the side out of his eyes. Perhaps those eyes would remind her, their distinctive glow barely visible in the ambient light.

Sharply dressed in a white button-up shirt with thin black pinstripes, Fasumbra looked rather dashing. His shoes were black suede, and looked brand new despite his day spent walking about town, a testament to their craftsmanship. His black trousers were rather simplistic by comparison, though loose and comfortable.

Stylish but not too garish today, Fasumbra occasionally turned heads but didn't draw attention. His abnormal height of six feet seven inches wasn't as strange here on Gaia, nothing too out of the ordinary.

It didn't matter if she did remember him. Now was his chance. So, with a gleaming smile he called to her, his sonorous voice quite clear over the minor bustle of the streets around him.

"Miss Sokoya! I don't suppose you remember me, do you?"

Aged Gaian

The Female of the Species

What to do....what to do...

The Guildhall Ward

About 30 minutes after Sokoya had left the empty house. A hooded half elf woman dressed in studded leather armor that clung tightly to her curvaceous body walked into the empty house. The hood obscured her face, but like most half-elves she was beautiful beyond imagination. Yet despite her inherent attractiveness she had a look of roughness about her.

A rogue who had learned that even the most beautiful must become takers in order to survive in the city of doors, had taken to the trade of drug dealing since the business of prostitution had become too dangerous after those string of killings by the CEO of grapple Corp. Galia had taken to the drug trade very quickly, with the hell born drug 'pain' being her commodity of choice.

She knew a hell-touched Aasimar who dealt in unclaimed freight from hell and who could get her large quantities of pain on occasion. She had been contacted and Uruk told her that he had a large shipment that had been unacquired that he could sell to her for a premium. On Short notice Galia headed to their meeting place on an unbusy section of the guildhall ward.

The half-elf entered the building and shrieked before covering her mouth, with her eyes bulging at the horrible sight. There were...pieces of the man...everywhere...and the blood...

There was so much of it. Everywhere.

Galia, quickly drew her rapier and looked around to see if the monster that had done this to Uruk was still around. She looked at the delapidated wood of the area and noticed that bloody footprints lead towards the door. Whatever had done this had already left. Once the horror and shock passed, anger filled her very being. She would miss out on a large sum of money and the Father of Uruk would think that she had been the cause.

She quickly pulled out her cell phone from her leather pouch and dialed in a number with her thumb.
arrow Chateau de Honore

"I know who you are, my dear." The Lady smiled, speaking in a matter-of-fact tone. It was one of her more valuable skills, the ability to sound and seem all-knowing even when she knew only a bit more than another and especially when she knew a lot less. Lady Honore wanted it understood that she had anticipated Melanie and only her today, as opposed to the truth of matter where this was simply the first time she had ever heard the name.

"I have a business proposition for Madam Astrum," Octavia began, turning on her heel and making her way towards the back of the manor. As if tugged by invisible leashes, the others immediately fell in line with their leader and followed. "But before we go over the specifics, I will introduce those who will be joining us."

"On my left is Advisor Aleksandr Ostrovsky-Honore," The powerful woman gestured to the left. The handsome Spymaster, albeit not his official title, gave Melanie a stern over-the-shoulder gaze and nodded once before looking away.

"To my right is Merle Vossverheit, he is the house wizard and principle scribe of House Honore." She chortled, the wizard on her right seemed as if plucked from the story books of old. His robes were worn and stains of ink and alchemical reagents; his hair and long braided, beard whiter than a winter's snow.

"My Seneschal, Mr. Peabody, stands directly behind you." The small man holding the briefcase looked away as he was mentioned. Partially because he didn't want to match gazes with the representative from Talon or Lady Honore. Mostly because he refused to be caught staring at Melanie's posterior. "Of course, you've already met Advisor Tennebrink."

If Melanie managed to turn on the Warlock then, she would find that the dreadful creature was staring at her intently, as if she was the only thing in the room. Had she looked back sooner, however, she would have noted Tennebrink licking his lips.

Within moments, Octavia and her entourage would arrive in the backyard, making their way to the elevated patio where more guards, a table with refreshments and chairs, and another freakishly large creature awaited.

"Oh! Forgive my forgetfulness, up ahead...is Romulus, the heir to the Carovic Minotaur Tribe." True enough, up ahead, was the brutish figure of a bull-man, his heaving brown fur trustled beneath a full crown of horns. He towered just about everyone on the patio, and was brutishly leaning against the banister over-looking the Honore gardens, with a spiked ball and chain lying at his hoof.

"Honored." The bull-man grunted, a look of sarcasm discernible even on its beastly face.

"Will you be joining us, honorable Minotaur?" The Lady asked politely, fanning herself as she was seated at the end of the table.

Romulus nodded in reverence and remained.

"Let the meeting commence then."

They all took their seats at the table, with the exception of the house guards who weren't allowed and Romulus who was too large, leaving the chair at the opposite end of the table open for Melanie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff