Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Werewolf

Guildhall Ward: The Dark Swan <<<

What passed for a chilled wind in this place cut through the city like a dull, shaking knife. It rattled windows and bent trees, their bowing hedges shaking loose small torrents of leaves almost unnoticeable among the trash that kicked up from the streets. It was a cool, grey evening, but bearable apart from the wind. Dusk broke apart the cityscape with dim beams of twilight seeping through the clouds. The city was calm..relatively speaking.
It was when Sigil seemed most at peace that the Swan found itself an epicenter of life and varied commotion. The halls of the guild were vibrant with the sounds of what some called love and others profit. And when the windows rattled that liveliness only grew in collective volume. It seemed the only solitude to be found was either at the altar of Novalha or the guild mother’s office. Suffice to say, if anyone was going to take advantage of either of these quiet corners, it was the guild mother herself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lovi had stolen away to her personal office after having seen to some clientele of her own. Shrouded in a red robe with her hair soaked through from a post-transaction shower, she wasn’t of a mood to absorb the sights and sounds of the Swan that evening.
The office itself was lined wall to wall with shelves of books, most of which had been there long before the Dark Swan came into being. One of the few rooms that remained untouched by any destructive ‘guests’, the office had never been remodeled. The electrical cords to that end of the building were still quite old and the fixtures dim.

She shut the door quietly behind her, the latch itself never quite clicking into place. The carpet itched the soles of her feet as she crossed from the door to the far end of the room where a fire place stood boldly apart from the rest of the setting. Maybe starting a small blaze would improve the lighting a bit. To think, of all places to have installed better fixtures, this one had somehow slipped her attention. Go figure.

After having seen to the fireplace, Lovi wandered the office in search of something to set her mind off of life’s little complications and the dreams that had been plaguing her of late. The collection was vast, and most of them seemed so old they might simply crumble if ever moved from their dusty catacomb of shelves. But there were still some that seemed sturdy, if a little dry in content. She trailed her fingertips from spine to spine until she felt lettering embossed upon one of them. She plucked it from its tightly packed perch and read the title aloud.

“A Comprehensive Guide to the Universe and Beyond..” she seemed almost remiss in her decision even as she was speaking. Well this wouldn’t do. She hardly maintained a steady comprehension of this damned city. How was she supposed to venture from that to knowledge of the very universe?
She closed the rather large tome with that dampened clap and sent the book straight back to the shelf. It sounded like it might have been philosophical guide self-fulfillment or some s**t anyway. She tried again, this time picking a book that seemed extraordinarily new in contrast to the others.

“Miss Valentine’s Knight?” she questioned the title as she examined the pastel painted cover art. Well, it seemed Hannah had taken it upon herself to stock some of her personal reading material in the Madame’s private office. She would have to have a talk with both of the Hannahs later. Despite her irritation with the matter, she was more confused than annoyed by the discovery. Why would a courtesan have need for harlequin novels?

This time she just tossed the book over her shoulder and moved on to the very next one in line. The next one actually held her interest.

“Tales of Inana..” She cracked the cover and started right into the first chapter. Well, it wasn’t a chapter, really. The book seemed to be a collection of stories, though they adhered to some kind of chronological order and all told of a supernatural being called, of course, Inana.

This would do, she thought. Having found an agreeable companion for the moment, she took to her chair and propped her bare feet onto her desk. It wasn’t like she used the overbearing piece of furniture for anything especially useful otherwise. With a contented sigh, she leaned back, reopened the book and read..

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageIf it wasn't for the robot taking complete control of the frozen male, he would've burned inside with his mother. The Hulking piece of armor however was able to run beside the dragon, attempting to ignore the screams that were coming from the thoughts of his host. The boy was still a naive child, he had no place to try and become a hero like he oh so wanted. That was not until he decided to grow a new pair of balls. He escaped the building and quickly transformed outside, he had enough for the day and knew that the boy did as well.

Terrance stood his eyes wide, staring at the charred remains of his mother, he wanted to reach out, and touch it, hug his mother one more time, however he knew the only thing he'd get is lifeless form of a body, and only charred remains. He barely noticed the tears that streamed down his face, his cries were not vocal, he couldn't it was too much for him even to speak. Even movement was becoming harsh for the boy. He simply say on two knees and stared, at what was once his mother.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Alki could still hear the ringing in his ears from the explosion, glancing a saddened eye over to Terrance once he had come out of that metal form and into the boy. He was just a boy. Though he could not sympathize in losing a mother...it was still just as painful to lose someone that was like a father figure. He didn't know what to say. It was his fault that Terrance's mother died...and should could have lived if it wasn't for his poor decision to go running into doors. There was a crowd that gathered, women covering their child's eyes so they wouldn't have to see such a corpse. Alki raised his head, looking around at them all.

"Please...someone...Get a jar...or a box....Please...."He pleaded, his maw moving in the motions of speak. It was poor, but someone understood him roughly enough to go fetch something. They couldn't let the body just sit there in the street. Alki had a plan to cremate the body right then and there...so Terrance could take her ashes at least. To Terrance, he lowered his head, unable to look him directly in the eye. "I will...burn her...and we can put her in whatever they bring...She can't be left here."he said lowly.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageTerrance could not say anything, or do anything. There he was staring at his mother's burned corpse, and hearing about having to burn it just more for cremation, it wasn't registering to him, One could doubt it will for a while. He merely nodded and began to move away. He needed to go, get away from here He couldn't stand to see his mother like that anymore, he couldn't stand to see his failure. His failure, the first failure that he had ever achieved.

At least the first one that took a life.

He ran off, and through the guildhall Ward again, attempting to go into the Ladies ward and back to his temporary residence. No reason to go back home, it'll only make things worse, He just needed to be left alone right now.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Alki watched him run off, a woman having returned with a rather nice pot. Alki got her to put it down beside him as he turned his head, inhaling deeply and blowing out a blue flame from his mouth. The corpse of the woman turned to ashes under the heat. Shifting back to his human form, his face a little beaten up from the explosion but that was about it, his hands gathered up the ashes. When there was no more that he could gather, he quickly left the crowd with his hands cradling the pot of ashes. He headed home, seeing Terrance up ahead and slowed down nearly to a crawl. 'Auntie is not going to like this....'He thought, looking down at the ashes. He could still taste the burning flesh in his mouth along with the coppery taste of his own blood. 'She'll thrash him, then thrash me...What was she thinking making me take this on...'He thought, his brow furrowing.

Once at Lian's broken gate, he passed through and headed straight to the manor.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHe stepped past the gate and sighed, a gate that he promised to fix, never really got around to it, and maybe it was just about that time. However, he barely had the strength to do anything, it was all just gone, his will, the chase for knowledge it was all sapped away. He decided to stay with his polite nature, he attempted to knock on the door, however his hands were shaking, obviously he was still in shock over everything, he he had just went through.

Hearing nothing from the door, he leaned toward the door, and thats where everything came crashing down. "I faled her....:

Desirable Genius

Alki paused behind him, holding the jar of ashes. He looked down to his boots, scuffed and ash covered, then looked to Terrance at the door. Poor kid...He wondered if that woman was his only surviving family. Well...had been. He stepped up, putting his hand on Terrance's shoulder while he pushed open the door. In a non-aggressive manner, he pushed him inside and started to guide him to maybe the only person who could give him some sympathy and wise advice. He tracked her to the kitchen, stopping at the doorway.

Lian stopped shucking corn when she saw Alki's face a bit battered and then Terrance's despondent expression. The pot in Alki's hands gave her a clue. "Oh my...Terrance, Alki, what happened to you?"She said as she came up, bringing a hand to each of their faces. Terrance was tear-streak stained and Alki looked like he got a good wallop with an iron bar. "What on earth...come sit down, Yuri, go get some meat from the refrigerator and some clean wash cloths."She said, instructing her mage-butler to help out in taking care of them. He stopped peeling potatoes, putting the peeler down and going to the refrigerator as instructed.

Trexasle

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageTerrance managed to stay silent, even while the shapeshifting dragon managed to push him into the mansion. Only the tears that streamed down his face, he barely found the time he did not mind the Alki’s attempt at comfort. However, the attempt at comfort was only good when they were actually able to help him. Which it absolutely was not in fact it only managed to make him feel even more horrible, about the explosion. Especially, since he was able to see the soot on the male’s face. He rushed in and caused Kenshiro to activate his trap, he was the one told to come alone, and he decided to invite another.

He stared at Mistress Lian who seemed busy getting dinner ready; however he could only stand to see his mother through his eyes, preparing dinner for him and herself. His father had died so many years ago of cancer, and now he had managed to lose his mother as well. This time however, it was from his own doing, even if it was not directly, he was the one who caused the explosion and caused everything to happen. He wanted to say something to Lian explain what happened his mouth was opened. However, he failed in his attempt at conjuring up and coherent words, only sobs and a stammered mess off a sentence. “She’s gone Miss Lian…” Those words were the only audible comment that came out of his mouth.

Rhiven Knight

Vintrict

Raphael finally showed up, his uniform looking more neatly pressed and with every badge in order. A couple of enchantments took him the extra time he used, the bullets each infused with quintessence to deliver more of an explosive punch and the uniform given a barrier against projectiles moving faster than ninety miles per hour. The standard issue firearm was replaced with his sidearm, a pistol enchanted to fire rounds of kinetic energy instead of metal rounds. They did less damage, but so long as he kept it charged and unloaded he'd seventy-five rounds with the three portions of quintessence he kept in it.

"Sorry about that," he said, a slight tug on the front of his shirt to make the final alignment. "Had some last minute preparations to make."

((Sorry for not posting lately. Just got promoted two steps up the ladder where I work. Assistant Manager now. Hours are crazy, but the pay is good. Again, I apologize.))

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Lian paused, having received a warm wash cloth to clean up Terrance's face from Yuri who had given Alki a slab of meat to put on his partially swollen face. Alki sat down at the table, politely setting the ashes down. Lian looked over to the pot, her brow furrowed as she turned her attention back to Terrance. Now wasn't the time to fret and seek revenge. Not for a young man that just lost his mother. "Oh Terrance..."She shook her head, bringing the cloth to the face and cleaning around his cheeks, dabbing at the corners of his eyes. "I'm so sorry...What exactly happened?"

Alki looked over, interjecting. It was too painful of a topic to talk about for the boy. "It was a trap...They rigged the room to explode...I...went charging blindly and triggered it. Its my fault..."Alki said, shaking his head and wiping his face of suit with the warm cloth, temporarily moving the meat away from his face to do the same to the other side. "Her ashes are here...Is there anything you can do?"

Lian looked at the ashes, then to Terrance. It would be his decision what to do with them, but there was something that she could do for him so he could always keep her with him. "I'll think of something...for now, Terrance...I think its best if you take it easy for a while. I know this is hard...and I understand. You need to recover and think."She said as she pet Terrance's hair a bit before rising to her feet, bringing the cloth to wrap around Terrance's neck to let it rest there. "After a little while....We can discuss things when you are of sound mind. I can see about making arrangements for your mother's ashes."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User Image“No it wasn’t Alki, you only did what I told you, if anything It was….” He said nothing and stopped. He gripped on his legs, in an attempt to hold back his tears. Because of this, his knuckles began to lose color in the process. His breathing began to speed up, he was obviously going through a slight case of hyperventilation in an attempt to hold back his tears. He failed obviously finding no more need to do so and letting the tears completely leak down his face. His eyes went wide however, when he found that Lian had begun to pet him.

It was so much like his mother, but then again not, such a caring touch that he had not felt from any other person but her. Suddenly his tears died out for a second. Only to see her walk away with his mother’s ashes

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Alki shook his head. It was the truth, no doubt about it. Though...if Alki had the chance to meet the person who set the trap, there wouldn't be the gentle 'nudging' he gave the lackeys...He'd straight up kill him. Maw and flames a glowing. Lian didn't move the ashes, rather, would leave it to Yuri to put the ashes in something than a make-shift urn. At least for the sake of giving the old woman some peace. Lian though would gently help Terrance to get up, moving away from the table. It was best that he have some privacy and Lian could care for him. The rest of dinner could be taken care of.

Lian lead him to the room that he had been staying in, guiding him inside. She helped him to sit on the bed, kneeling down on the floor by his feet. "Terrance...I need you to listen to me very carefully. I know this is hard for you...but you cannot blame yourself for what happened. I don't know what transpired between you and the person who caused this...but I know that if you keep blaming yourself for this, it will cause you a great deal more pain than what you are experiencing right now."She said, doing the motherly thing and removing his shoes, setting them aside. She didn't break any eye contact with him. Once free of his shoes, Lian got up to her feet to move over to the curtains in the room to draw them closed.

"I can tell you this from experience: A mother does not blame her child for what has happened to her. I have had many children, and many accidents....but I do not blame any one of them for them."She informed wisely, finishing drawing the curtains closed and moving to the bedside to turn on the lamp. Lian sat on the bed with him, bringing an arm about and bringing her head to rest against the side of her neck. "For now, you need to be calm and level headed...I know too many people who have done foolish things out of anger and sadness. Myself included. So...I need you to sleep...and eat...and do your daily routines around here. You can't stop moving and put the world on pause. When you're calm, we can give your mother a proper burial."She said, rubbing his back.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHe was listening, but he wasn;t in his right mind to, of course one would say not to blame himself. However, he was better enough to face facts, he rushed in, he caused the explosion by meeting wirth Ken. Why was Ken the one to do this, wasn’t he just an angry bard before? An, aged traveller who was just grumpy but had was morally inept, what do this, and why to him? His mind was too busy on guilt in itself to listen to the female.

As far as he was concerned, she spoke with emotion and she just didn’t have the logic to realize that it all bridged around him. He lust watch her walk off and continue to talk, he didn’t know what to do with his mother, to hold a funeral or otherwise. How was he supposed to explain this to his family, or her friends?

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

"Give it time..."Lian concluded, giving his shoulder a pat. It would be difficult...she knew the process of having to deal with a loved one passing away weather by natural causes or by an accident. Oddly enough, she put a kiss on top of his head, getting up and pulling back the sheets on the bed, gesturing for him to lie down. "Lie down and rest. I'll bring some dinner in here later."She said, patting the mattress.

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
arrow Guildhall Ward, The Dark Swan -- Hurry! Before There's Still Time!

Impatience and a need for payment stripped away any restraint Athrien previously had, his top priority changing from "stay away from society and hope I recover" to "get paid and find out if anyone could help". That is, assuming what he had to offer the guild leader was worth anything. Perhaps it was? Or, of course, perhaps Terrance beat him to the reveal. It felt like no God would pay attention to the rogue's now-profane body, so no one knew how long he was out at this point. At least the demon-priest was out of the equation, by the looks of it -- as was that particular corner of the torture room..

Unfortunately, Lovi's guild was in yet another ward he was unaware of, but there were only so many places like that at this point.
In fact, there was just one. How convenient!
A pained wheeze of relief preceded the otherwise-painless process of shadow-stepping to the new ward of Sigil. There was no doubt that a few people may have noticed the small streak of darkness as it leaped between unconnected shadows, though it was of no concern for the rogue at this point.
In around a dozen minutes, Athrien found himself walking calmly out of the shadow of another person and coming face-to-door with "The Dark Swan". After giving the Athrien-carrying individual a friendly wave and aloof shrug, he unholstered his shotgun, hefted it straight upwards, and fired out a medical mask. After catching the mask, putting it on, and holstering his firearm, Athrien let himself in and tried to look for anything resembling a secretary in the classy bordello.

Whether or not he found someone to take care of any potential customers, the near-zombified man's request went out to anyone that looked like they worked there;
"I've come with a message for Madame Lovi. If possible, may you please tell me where she is at the moment?"
Lady Gilaen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces