Here is the place where I love you. 0.05 5.0% [ 2 ]
Quotes. No, don't you bring The Hunger Games into this. :c 0.5 50.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
User Image tab tab User Image tab tab User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"The reason why the frames are empty, Madam, is because no one wanted to be remembered here...."
tab tab tab tab tab tab - Anonymous

User Image
                                                      S H A B B Y tab M E A D O W S tab O R P H A N A G E has been around for about 65 years. In this time it has been abandoned twice and was reopened once again by a generous, but mysterious, old woman.

Louise Hoffner, also known as Madam Hoffner by the orphans, is a 87 year old woman who is living past her expiration date. She may not be able to do much, but she tries to do what she can for the orphans of Shabby Meadows Orphanage. The last set of kids to live at Shabby Meadows Orphanage were actually all adopted by a very rich man, Adolf Gaian the III. Their time here was not an enjoyable time though, many of them were sick, malnourished, and depressed. There were many problems in the building besides the broken windows, bugs, and leaky roofs. There was a strange entity as the children called it named Mr. Raccoon. The previous owner (nor Madam Hoffner) has witnessed this animal or monster as the kids complain, so nothing can be done about the problem.

That soon became the least of their worries after the children left and so the house was left empty for 20 years before Madam Hoffner moved in and became the housekeeper. The orphanage is still dirty and creaky, webs over the old books on the small library shelves, and the kitchen barely functioning -- but it was all that Madam Hoffner had.

The rooms upstairs have two old brass beds per room that have dingy mattresses and tattered blankets. The bathrooms aren't the cleanest either, but Madam Hoffner did what she could with the mold and most of the 3 bathrooms work well enough. Almost all the windows have cracks in them if not completely broken, looking down in the empty yard around the house that cuts off into thick forest. Out in the front is a dirt circle that cars drive on, but is mainly bare. The back yard is patchy and the dead remains of a garden sits near the back edge. There is a old swing set with one broken and a sandbox, but not much else.

There isn't much money in the funds for new playing equipment. Madam Hoffner stays down stairs in a back room blocked off by a dirty white door in a poorly lit hallway. No one is allowed in her room unless it's a baby who needs constant care, and having the babies in her room was much less work for her old bones instead of trying to run around the big house. Her room doubles as her office, and it is rumored to be the nicest room of the house, but not by much. The children usually don't get adopted, or pass away before adulthood, so there is rarely anyone from the outside entering her room.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"Shhhh...don't question it or He might get you..."

User Image

Follow Gaia Online's Rules and TOS

This is a SEMI-LIT roleplay. No one liners. 2-4 paragraphs would be nice. c: Anime pictures for characters would also be appreciated.

I don't really mind if your role play posts are bland with just a sidelong image and a center name - just make sure that you have a little bit of something something to your post when you're writing for your character so people can differentiate. c:

No God-Moding. There can be deaths in this roleplay, but unless you talk to the other roleplayer and make an agreement. Do not kill their character!

Ah, the good ol' Mary Sue / Gary Stu's. I'd think that those kind of characters aren't going to fit the bill for this rp, or in any kind of writing style ever.
                                                      Do not post until you have gotten the green light from me Quotes and References. Also fill out the skeleton without changing anything -- it's a lot easier and waay less confusing that way. If you've read this, then put "Dear Madam Hoffner..." in the subject line of the message you're going to send on your finished profile; finally, hustle it over to me, Quotes and References. c:

This is a PG-16 role play -- and that means you time-skip when those clothes come off.

Please post in a timely manner, at least 2-4 times a week. It's pretty understandable that people are going to be in that lazy-mode since it is summer, after all - but this is kind of a remake, and it would be highly, highly appreciated if people remained loyal to an RP instead of leaving people hanging. And we all know as role players how much it sucks to be that one guy waiting around for a post.

You are allowed to have TWO characters. I will decide later if I will allow people to have more then two. Make sure you keep up with all of them.

FASTER WAY TO GET A REPLY: Quote the people and put it in a spoiler thing. To do that you quote them and move the quote to the spoiler.
                                                      Quote:
                                                      ->Insert Quote Coding<-

Have fun and play nice, everyone likes drama in a roleplay but don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"Not even our rooms are safe. I wonder how we got here..."

User Image
                            This would happen to be the profile code, under that there spoiler button. One thing that I ask of you to do, before you send in your profile, is to send in a full-sized image of your character - or at least as close in approximation as you can to a full-sized image of your character - so then I may place it underneath the Rooming tabs to show that space has been taken. c: Sounds simple? Any questions, don't be afraid to send 'em in!

[IMGleft]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/blankwhite_zps4cb259f0.jpg[/IMGleft]
                            [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11.4][align=center][size=24]◤[/size]:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab: :tab::tab::tab::tab: [size=24]◥[/size]
                            ❝ YOUR CHARACTER'S QUOTE / SAYING HERE. ❞
                            [size=24]◣[/size]:tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab: [size=24]◢[/size][/align]

[color=ENTERACOLOR][b]PERSONALITY TRAIT :tab: PERSONALITY TRAIT :tab: PERSONALITY TRAIT :tab: PERSONALITY TRAIT :tab:[/b][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Name[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Age[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Gender[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Orientation[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Interests[/color][/b] ||[color=YOURCOLOR](hobbies and such) [/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Weaknesses[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Fears[/color][/b] ||[color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Room number[/color][/b] ||[color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Hopes & Dreams[/color] [/b] ||[color=YOURCOLOR](where your character might see themselves in the future, or outside of Shabby Meadows, if they are at the bridging age of seventeen almost eighteen and legal to leave the orphanage)[/color].

[b][color=YOURCOLOR]Biography[/color][/b] || [color=YOURCOLOR][/color]

[align=center][b][size=18][color=YOURCOLOR]AUTHOR OF THIS CHARACTER[/color][/size][/b][/align]

FLOOR ONE: MADAM HOFFNER (npc)
                            User Image

SECOND FLOOR: This would be a hallway with doors on opposite ends, all of them facing each other. (example: room 1 is across from room 2, room 4 is across from 5). Older children are sometimes paired with younger ones, or perhaps get bedrooms to themselves.

ROOM ONE tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ROOM TWO
                            User Image tab User Image tab tab User Image tab User Image

ROOM THREE tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ROOM FOUR
                            User Image tab User Image tab tab User Image tab User Image

ROOM FIVE tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ROOM SIX
                            User Image tab User Image tab tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab User Image

ROOM SEVEN
                            User Image tab User Image

ATTIC: This would happen to be a small room accessed by a door at the end of the hall. You climb a set of steep, creaking wooden stairs with the only source of light being a bare lightbulb that dangles from a white cord from the ceiling. It gives off a dim glow, and occasionally flickers. The beds in this space are pressed against one wall and are less than two steps away from each other. At the end of the attic, there is a tiny, octagonal window that looks as if it holds stained glass of a picture that had once resembled a bluebird in flight. It faces the wide expanse of forest.
                            BED ONE tab tab tab BED TWO tab tab tab BED THREE tab tab tab BED FOUR
                            User Image tab User Image tab User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. tab User Image tab

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"Time. It's a fickle and troublesome thing. No matter how much time we're given,
it never feels as if it's enough. And we're always left wanting more. "

tab tab tab tab tab tab - Madam Hoffner

User Image

SHABBY MEADOWS ORPHANAGE
                                                      tab tab tab _________

morning tab afternoon tab evening tab night

JUNE ● HOT, SUNNY, SLIGHT BREEZE
                                                      O1 tab O2 tab O3 tab O4 tab O5 tab O6 tab O7
                                                      1O tab 11 tab 12 tab 13 tab 14 tab 15 tab 16
                                                      17 tab 18 tab 19 tab 2O tab 21 tab 22 tab 23
                                                      24 tab 25 tab 26 tab 27 tab 28 tab 29 tab 30
                                                      31 tab O1 tab O2 tab O3

School's been let out a long time ago, and for most children that means an endless amount of time in front of the television, computer, or sprinting through the city streets with ice cream clutched in their hands. For the orphans of Shabby Meadows, it means a severe lack of air conditioning, open windows, and a lot of mosquito bites. The sun is bright and high in the sky, unobscured by clouds, relentless and sure. Most of the time, the lake beckons eagerly for children to run across the worn dock and dive into its waters, or the forest calls for kids to stretch out on their backs underneath the shade of a tree. Today doesn't feel like a day to stay indoors, and to the orphans, that is a huge relief. Yet at the same time...despite all this heat, does anyone happen to get a rush of goosebumps across their skin? Or that feeling of being watched?

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"After all that we've been through - after everything we've done, everything we've survived....
Our lives can't be for nothing. I won't believe it. There has to be something out there for us.
We have to have some kind of future. "

tab tab tab tab tab tab - Previous orphan of Shabby Meadows

User Image
                                                      T H I S tab W O U L D tab B E where I set up the entire statuses of orphans. Whether they are alive or deceased, basically speaking. Also, maybe I could throw in whether or not people have crushes, maintained friends or bitter rivals, or are brother and sister. I can also place who has deceased recently.

User Image tab User Image tab User Image

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"Always remember: keep your eyes open and question the world around you and everything it has and provides.
It's the only way you can survive. "

tab tab tab tab tab tab - Previous orphan of Shabby Meadows

User Image

• CAN I FILL IN THE ROLE OF MR. RACCOON?
                                                      tab tab Yep. Just PM me saying that you want to be Mr. Raccoon, and, yeah; you'll be Mr. Raccoon. emotion_awesome Simple, eh? DAJ WITH HIGHLIGHTS has agreed to take on the role as Mister Raccoon!

• HOW OLD CAN MY CHARACTER BE?
                                                      tab tab Seventeen and under. c:

• CAN I HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER?
                                                      tab tab Of course you can! You can have two characters, or you could make another character the moment the first one dies and another space opens up!

• HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE?!
                                                      tab tab That, dear Reader, is up to you to figure out. ;'D

• AREA'S OUTSIDE THE ORPHANAGE?
                                                      tab tab Those do exist. One thing I've always liked about RP-ing is if there's some extra leg room to work from instead of just being stuck in a single place. Your character can leave the orphanage at any time suitable - except past 10:30 pm. There is a curfew, after all. If you have any ideas for extra places, PM me and I'll add them to the front.

• MY RP PARTNER IS TAKING A WHILE...
                                                      tab tab If someone is taking a long time to post, I'll shoot them a PM to see what's wrong and how they're doing. If they express that they are no longer interested, we can talk it out OOC and see what we can do - maybe have your charrie separate from them and Mr. Raccoon gets a free snack.

• ARE WE ALLOWED TO HAVE CHARACTERS OVER 17 ACTING AS CAREGIVERS?
                                                      tab tab Hmm. That would be new. Usually once orphans hit eighteen, they're out the door faster than someone can say the first letter of their own name. Having a caregiver around to assist Miss Hoffner would be a pleasant surprise and an ease to her old bones. However, I'll have to make caregivers limited...

• THIS IS A QUESTION!
                                                      tab tab Oh, my! Why don't you look at this - it's an answer~!!

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
"There is always the outside world to go to when the inside becomes too much. "

tab tab tab tab tab tab - Unknown

User Image

User Image
                                                      tab tab Just south of Shabby Meadows and down a narrow, worn dirt path that curves into the earth, there's a wide body of water that sits in a woodland. That's Lake Eden, or Eden Lake; however you want to call it. The proper name for it is 'Bellville Lake', but to the orphans, it's known as Eden, as this has to be the most beautiful section their eyes have ever seen of the land beside the dumpy old building they call home. Hillsides and soil lush with grass; flowers blossoming; trees filled with fruit and perfect for climbing; the water cool and inviting. If you want to relax, go to Lake Eden. Or, as some of the younger kids pretend to gag, for couples to get some "alone time".

User Image
                                                      tab tab "Why would you even want to go there?" whispers a girl. Her eyes widen, staring at you with a mixture of disbelief and horror. "No one goes to Reaper Valley." The instant the name is said, there's a variation of reactions. A good amount will flinch as if you've tried to slap them. Some kids will stare at you as if you've lost your mind. Others will shake their heads and look away, solidly committed to believing that you're screwing with them. And then there are the few that will literally snap at you, gripping your arm, demanding if you've got something wrong with your noggin, and that saying you're going to Reaper Valley isn't funny.

tab tab Ten years ago, Reaper Valley had once been a thriving section of Bellville where the rich and upper class strode down clean streets and window-shopped from prime stores - until an incident at a control center of disease which caused a pandemic of illnesses swept through that portion of land, tearing through the population like wildfire. Taking out the survivors and immune was the least the law enforcement officers could do before that section was quarantined forever; even separated by a vast wall of concrete which looked like it stretched from one point of the horizon to the next. For a while, military personnel had patrolled the area, making sure citizens stayed away, yet once a cure had been found and saved the lives of tens of thousands and it became clear the public was not bent on returning to the once upscale city, security began to trickle. Now patrols only happen during the evening hours, police vehicles driving up and down the length of the Wall with lights flashing.

tab tab Commonly, stories about this place pop up all over town, not just in the orphanage. Some say that they can hear moans beyond the wall - and of course the wildly imaginative would think 'zombies' and 'flesh-eaters'. Which is why some kids get too curious and wander over there, sometimes because of a dare, sometimes because of their own insatiable curiosity. And that's why kids disappear. Vanish. And then reappear, dead, just a few miles away from the Wall. Shabby Meadow Orphans stay away from that place as if it is a plague, yet it is so close to their home that if they stood on their roof and looked to their left, they could see the Wall plainly. And every once in a while, someone is crazy enough to go there...rarely coming back with stories of sick people and the ruined world beyond the Wall.

User Image

tab tab Yule Forest wraps around the entirety of the Orphanage and acts as a thick separator between areas. You can't go anywhere without wandering through Yule Forest at least once, even if its just through a shallow wooded area. Wild animals and fruits galore are packed within this beautiful green place during the spring and summer, and it's quite the breathtaking sight during Autumn, but if a child could help it, they don't enter the Forest during the winter. The possibility of getting lost in the cold snow and wind is too high.

User Image
                                                      tab tab Once the rich had left the upscale city that had once belonged to them, and the survivors and immune of that devastating pandemic came to the main core of Bellville, an issue of crowding sprang up. Now Belleville is packed, the poorest of the city having metal shacks and lean-to's shoulder to shoulder and barefoot children sprinting up and down the roads. The middle-class are too busy going from one job to the next, the streets clogged with cars, and everything is loud and seemingly chaotic. But if you're hungry? Run the to grocery store and maybe steal a couple of fruit before walking out. If you're craving a book to read? The library isn't that far away. It's a crammed place, but it's surprisingly convenient.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

User Image
            User Image
                                                      This would happen to be the links out post of the RP. And the part when I admit that this idea to create the thread isn't wholly my own -- COVETED DESIRES had been the first person to create the RP "Shabby Meadows Orphanage", which has been based on an event from Gaiaonline apparently, and she has given me permission to remake it. I added some things here and there, but, yeah -- first time I saw this RP, she was the owner of it, so.... c:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Squama's Compadre