Friendly Shapeshifter

7,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
User Image

Warm

Warm, warm, and cold

There was a strange sensation of being pulled and pushed; of floating and sinking. The warmth had slowly leaked away, until there was nothing but cold. And then, the cold went away.

Eyes slowly opened to a world of blue, shades of cerulean and sapphire, swirling cool and cold, glinting with brightness above. Blue ate away red and green until there was nothing but a whisper of them in the mind.

Ah. So beautiful.

There was a feeling of stiffness, which seemed to come from the limbs before them. Hands, they thought.

They?

"They" wasn't right. They was...they were...

Me. I. Me. Me.

...Who is "me"?

As they tried to figure this out, the person slowly became more aware of everything, thoughts unfurling.

Water. Floating. Swimming? They thought on that for a bit. Not moving. Not swimming.

Drowning?

There was a tightness in their chest, a burning, a buzzing feeling. The pretty blue scene was looking a little blurry now. Bubbles streamed out before them, sparkling in the sunlight like jewels. It became a little obvious now what was happening; they were drowning.

Air. But their limbs were so stiff, wouldn't move. Why couldn't they move?

Ah. Death, then. The image of a body uselessly failing in the blue until it stopped moving formed, bringing feelings that made it harder to move. They were a little heavy now, a little sleepy. Sleep would be ok. They fought to keep eyes open even as their chest burned, trying to imprint the blue in their mind.

Ah....but I was supposed to...live...

Their eyes closed as a shadow as passed, blue turning to black.

There was more pushing now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  The next time they opened their eyes, the world was blue again. Lots of blue. There was still a pain in their chest, but that was probably because there was a blue thing pounding on them, making them cough.

They weakly turned over and coughed, until coughing became retching. Everything was horrible and smelly, with a taste like rotten oranges and salt, salty, everything was salty. They wanted to stop and just sleep, but their body wouldn't let them rest, following some deep instinct. Get rid of all the water in you. They thought. Or you'll die.

Dying couldn't be allowed, so they kept coughing and coughing until their stomach hurt, until their head swam with the effort. They spat weakly, watching the liquid pool in the sand, and then fell over on their side, too tired to move.

Water in your nose, warned their body. Get it out.

It was all very tiring. When those thoughts finally stopped pushing, they looked up at the thing hovering before them--savior--and smiled.

"Thank you." Ceres croaked, tasting sand and salt.

User Image

Feral Loiterer

User Image
User Image
                                                          Ohohoho, Jam grinned in anticipation as the waves rocked the unsuspecting loafer ever closer, a childlike excitement welling up in her translucent innards. She could already imagine the dumb face they would make when she pulled them under as she spread her body thin to blend in better with the ocean water she inhabited. Closer…closer…now! As they were floating over top of her, she wrapped newly manifested limbs around their torso and descended into the depths, circling around them to see the face they had made with a cheery grin- her smile faltered though when they weren’t making any face, their eyes were even closed as though they were still sleeping…they looked peaceful almost, but wasn’t that weird? And where were the bubbles? Weren’t there supposed to be bubbles from fleshy creatures like this when they were submerged? It was a baffling sight to be sure- until it finally occurred to her that no bubbles meant they weren’t breathing, and if they weren’t breathing then--!!

Gasping frantically, Jam seized the limp fleshy and dragged him quickly back to the top before they could fall any farther. Air! Air! She had to get them air! She broke the surface, hoisting the man up out of the water so he could breathe- but it still sounded like he wasn’t breathing! “Hey! Heeeeeey! Wake up!!” she commanded as she slapped their face around, hoping to coax them into taking in enough air to yell at her to stop. Maybe they couldn’t be submerged at all?? Was that the rule? Aaaaagh, she couldn’t remember! She pushed them up farther into the air, extending her arms until their weak little body dangled above the surface of the cool blue. “Are you breathing up there?? Are ya??” she demanded, shaking them a little when there wasn’t an immediate response. Oh no, nononono, shore, she had to get to shore and talk to Snow and get them to do that magic thing! Hurrying there, she tossed the soggy body down on the sand and called out for Snow, shouting his name as loud as her voice would allow- which was pretty loud from what Snow had told her -but he didn’t come running as he usually did and she didn’t have time to fetch him.

She’d just have to do the ritual herself! Aaah, how did it go again? She knew there was violence, he always pounded on their chest right? Dropping to her knees, she balled up her fists and hardened them up before slamming them down on the fleshy person’s chest. !! They coughed! That was a step to breathing if she remembered right, again then! She slammed down on their chest once, twice, and final third time until they opened their eyes and turned over to retch up some salt water and other stuff. It worked! It worked! She’d brought them back to life! “Oooh, I wonder if I have magic too then.” she mused to herself with an awed expression, only glancing back to the fleshy creature when they flopped over and started fussing with their nose. “Do you need me to pick it out?” she asked, offering her fingers to the man in case he needed help digging out the water up in his schnozz. They seemed to do just fine on their own though, ah! They could talk even! She smiled back cheerfully as she scooched a little closer to the squishy, excited to finally talk to the potential new playmate.

“No problem! It’s probably my fault a little bit anyways, I’m Jam by the way! Do you wanna play now that you’re better? You look kind of gross and tired though I guess, maybe you should rest first.” she mused after a moment of thought, they still had some mucus stuff on their face from spraying stuff out of their nose, and from what she had seen, the coughing up crap didn’t look to fun either. “I can take you to Snow’s if you want to rest, he has a tub thing for fleshy people like you too if you wanna take a…a wash thing. Bash? No bath, I think it was bath, do you want to bath?” she asked, leaving it up to the squishy to decide if they would play or give Snow a visit instead.

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
User Image

It was nice to wake up to such a friendly face, Ceres thought, looking at the other person's cheerful smile. Their mind supplied them with images of other things that could have woken them up--a predator chewing off limbs, for instance. "Jam", as the cheerful creature had called itself, was a pretty welcome sight compared to that.

"Gross...?" Ceres blankly stared at Jam, trying to register the word. There was still sticky stuff clinging to their face, which they slowly reached up to wipe away. The sparkle on their skin startled them--they turned their hands this way and that, watching the water and beach silt fall off in rivulets. There was also a sticky feeling coming from their chest, an uncomfortable feeling where the cloth of their shirt was clinging to them. Ceres reached up to pull it away, and was surprised when it was both difficult and painful. Bad sticky. They thought, looking down at the dark stain on their shirt. It only kind of hurt, but their body was still prickling, worried about it.

"Hmm." They looked over at the mess they'd made in the sand, then back to the grime caked unevenly on their skin. Playing sounded like a lot of fun...but there was this annoyed feeling buzzing around in their head. Anyways, the "sticking" parts had to be checked, or Ceres had a feeling the buzzing would never go away. "Snow's washing...that sounds..." Ceres wasn't sure what the word was, but they began to try to stand up, wobbling like a newborn deer.

The sand shifted under their feet, and Ceres looked down. They weren't wearing anything on their feet, and the cool sand felt strange between their toes. The quickly drying mud felt itchy, and the sea wind that stirred Ceres hair made their sea-soaked clothes feel extremely chilly. They turned to look at the sea again, eyes lingering on the horizon as if waiting for something. Then, like the foam that the ocean pulled and thinned, the idea seemed to fade, and Ceres looked back at Jam. "Who's Snow?" They asked, as they began to try to follow the excitable jellyfish.

User Image

{Sorry it's so short--I'm pretty tired out. U.U}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas