Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Major Orchid

User Image

Seth's eyes narrowed. How dare this mutant trash speak to him in such a manner? But either way, he didn't voice his distaste. "Alright. Well then...I'll follow you." he said to the man. The young Air force Officer sighed. "Those space bastards won't take down the human race..." he said. Of course...that was just militaristic bravado. Pure humans could hardly even breathe outside...much less actually fight a whole war with aliens they hardly even knew much about.

Seth sighed again as they walked. Seth wanted to get to Old Bones. He could sleep there...the nearest scout recon camp was a bit far...so it would be best to just go to old bones. Still, he would have to head to a recon camp by the end of the week. After all, he only had enough food and ammo to last him until then. "Tommorrow, I can take you to a doctor who could give you a new finger." he said. He knew he probably shouldn't...but what the hell.

John RipFist

Vicious Hunter

Done his bartering he was now eating. It wasn't much, the town was poor and a god portion of the meat the town got was from him. He was lucky there was a little in the way of vegetables and the booze was at least drinkable even though it was warm. He didn't plan on being around long, wanting to finish his meal and his drink before making his way back out to the ruins and the wastes. Back where he belonged.

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mood:.Cautious|| Wearing:.Runner Attire. ||Current song:.Warrior by Kimbra+Mark Foster+A Track ||Love Interest:. ||About:. Character Bio

Saima entered, sauntering over to the bar, pretending Roland wasn't there. "Food, please. Anything. I'm starving." She dropped two gold coins from her satchel onto the bar. "And the best brew you have? Thirsty as well." The bartender took the money and got to it. Saima had a seat at a table far from the man she travelled with before. She eyed him quickly then turned back to looking down at her table, hoping he didn't see her.

Vicious Hunter

He shook his head when she entered and tried to make it look like she didn't know he was there. That was somewhat hard considering they were the only two patrons in the building. Finishing his meal he pushed his plate away and stood, lifting his things onto his back. He moved to the owners daughter who blushed when he was close.

"So where is this room I rented?"

He followed the girl to the room and dropped of his things in the chest at the foot of the small bed. He returned to the main room of the bar without his bow or the revolver, having stashed them as well as the rest of his gear and returned to his seat. He had nothing to do for the day, the outskirts of town being too busy to be safe.

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mood:.Cautious|| Wearing:.Runner Attire. ||Current song:.Warrior by Kimbra+Mark Foster+A Track ||Love Interest:. ||About:. Character Bio

Saima had finished her food and drink and let the bartender know. She stood, leaving a few more golden coins on the table. She turned and walked toward the door passing up Roland. She eyed him this time, the whole way. When she passed by she thought she'd return the favor of a name since he'd done her the favor of leading her to this town. "The name is Saima. See you later, Roland." She stepped outside and looked up at the foggy night sky. She smiled and continued on her way...just taking a turn about the town.

Devoted Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Thomas Day

...Or Andrew Hopkins...

Thomas chuckled at the Major's Alien Bastards statement. " Well, they already did once. We just came back. By the way, don't expect courtesy like mine once we get to Old Bones. I'm a rarity." They continued to walk for a short while until finally reaching the gate. Thomas came through the fortress-like gates with a chuckle. As far as he knew, he wasn't being traced, and this new pal of his could make a good helper. For now. " Welcome to Old Bones, Major. Expect some comments on your outfit, by the way. Gas-masks and high powered rifles aren't normal. Oh, and lose the Pure-Speak. Try and get an accent around here, don't start anything, and most importantly, don't take candy from strange men." Thomas chuckled, tossing his sly grin back and forth as they walked down the street to the closest thing the city had to luxury hotels. "Hey, Gustavo!" Thomas yelled to the doorman, a strong looking man with a shotgun. " 'Ello, Micheal! Same room!" Gustavo's italian accent was thick, and difficult to understand, but none the less, the Major didn't know a Micheal, only an Andrew. "Micheal is my middle name, by the way." Thomas said as he stepped up the stairs, and into his apartment. "Swank, right?" By 21'st Century standards, this was a slightly above average hotel room, with a mini-fridge two soft beds, dirty blankets, and a still partially working shower, cold water only. It was Swank indeed.

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Major Orchid

User Image

Seth listened as Andrew explained the rules of old bones to him. Of course, this was all stranged to the young Major. He hadn't been outside long...so all of this was new to him. He had never been to a place like this...it was probably the wasteland's jewel...but to him...it was still a destitute place that seemed to be just barely clinging to the life rhat the old world provided. As for losing his 'pure speak', Seth didn't really know how. He spoke so...properly, compared to these people.

The young male looked at Andrew, sighing at the sight of the hotel room. "This place looks...like a dump." he said, insulting the state of the room. Of course, underground life was much more...clean...and hospitible. But then again, this was better than being stuck out in the wastes. He looked once again at Andrew. "The air out here isn't good for Pure Humans..." he said, explaining why he needed the gas mask. Then he sat down on the bed, pulling out his pen and note-pad before once again starting to take notes on his surroundings.

John RipFist

Invisible Regular

5,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

Siddy hadn't recalled much since she last saw the male in the tunnels. She had found a decent hovel to crawl under and fall asleep once the male had abandoned her in the tunnels. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it was dry and safe from the beings ground level.

Siddy stretched her arms and legs, bending backwards until her back cracked. She didn't know if it was day or night outside; how long she had been asleep for. Yawning, she ran her fingers through her raven hair. Checking her K-bar on her left hip and her bersa on her right; her quiver still secured on her back yielding her arrows and bow. Siddy set off to find the tunnel that led to the surface.

After a few turn arounds, she found her way to the surface. She had popped up somewhere within a pretty busy town. Smoothing her tank top and straightening her shorts, her feet still bare, Siddy began to walk around on the streets. She couldn't remember if she had been to this city or not. After coming and going so often, they all tended to blur together. Siddy yawned again, this time without realizing it. Was she still tired. Deciding it was lack of food she reached into her satchel, pulled out a piece of pig weed and began to chew as she searched her pockets for any money.

Finding a few stray gold pieces hidden behind her k-bar, she smirked. It would be enough that she wouldn't have to steal today. She spit the pig weed onto the ground, quickly walked into the inn that served food as well and sat silently at a table before motioning that she was ready to be served. She ordered a soup and rested her head on the table, waiting for the hot broth and meat to come back.

Devoted Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Thomas Day
...Or Andrew Hopkins

Thomas gave an annoyed glare to the Major. " Alright, Pure. If you're staying here, you get that bed." Thomas pointed to the slightly filthier bed. " It's my apartment, I get the clean one." Thomas dropped his briefcase over to the corner. " Don't touch. Number one rule. Do not touch the briefcase, under any circumstances. " The briefcase was full of cash from all around the continent. From gold coins of East Coast to Verashi bones of northern Mexico. It also had his disguises, his fake names, his contact lenses, and his blade. Thomas looked to the Pure, jotting notes on...clean, unused writing paper. Rarity. This pure may be worth a bit more than expected. Thomas knelt down and opened the mini-fridge, grabbing some dirty water, and bringing it to a counter with a filter on it. " Hey, how do you drink with that mask on? You have to get nutrition somehow. " Thomas said as he took off his vest, and proceeded to hang it in the closet.

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Major Orchid

User Image

Seth raised an eyebrow once again as the man started telling him about how he shouldn't touch the brief case. when he asked how Seth ate and drank, Seth laughed a bit. "Thats right...this tech was made underground, so outsiders wouldn't know much about it. Breathing the outside air is...sort of like smoking a pack of cigarettes every few minutes. The portable air filter also has a secondary purpose. It releases a biochemical derived on hydrogen and nitrogen in the air that repairs damage done to the lungs and traceal tissue. So I can take the mask off to eat and put it back on to fix the damage this putrid air has done." he said...of course...that was what the scientists had told him. He had never actually tested all of this out. Nor did he REALLY know if the air was as toxic as they told him.

Son, Seth heard some noise outside, causing him to rush for the window. He pointed his rifle out of the window and looked down the scope, and saw that there was a fight going on in front of the general store. It seemed the store owner was being beaten up by a thief. "Hmm...interesting...I assume there isn't a very organized system of law and order out here?" he asked Andrew.

John RipFist

Devoted Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Thomas Day

...Or Andrew Hopkins

Thomas poured the filtered water into a cleaned out cup, eyeing the Major. " Well, if that isn't Swank, I don't know what is." Thomas said as he took a sip of his water. " You know how...You all think we're mutated monsters? Well, I've put some thought into it, and I've realized that...We're more advanced in a way. I mean...Think about it. We adapted to this hostile landscape, while your people hid away in big metal holes. No offense, that stuff is sweet...But we're an evolved race. Otherwise, I would have a bad case of lung cancer, and the human race would be practically extinct. " Thomas stated his opinion as he took another sip and looked out the window. The sun rose over the city's skyline. "Ah, morning. I've had a rough night, so...If you need me, wake me up." Thomas laid down on his bed and began to drift off to sleep. Unfortunately before he could manage to doze off, the Major had a question. " Law? Here? Please. This happens all the time. Law of the land. Don't be a hero." Thomas laid back in bed, trying to doze off again.

[EDIT]

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mood:.Cautious|| Wearing:.Runner Attire. ||Current song:. Fear Not This Night ||Love Interest:. ||About:. Character Bio

((Can I just say you guys are fabulous role players. Way to go. wink ))

Saima had slept on a roof, eyeing the stars before she drifted to sleep. She awoke to a fight down below. She jumped from the roof, landing on her feet and hands, and stood approaching the thief and store owner and pulling them apart. She looked at the thief and yelled at him. "Beat it!" She kicked him in the shin. He limped away while Saima gave the store owner a few gold pieces. "I'm sorry sir. Good day." She felt like she was being watched and her glowing green eyes trailed up to the window in which a gun was pointed down. She smiled and waved before turning and strutting off, ready to take on the day. She went to the merchant from the day before and got an apple from him...or what would be an apple in such a time. It was a rarity. He told no one where he grows, because this apple had a price that most people in town could not afford. Saima got it for free for her recent services to him. She leaned against his stand, biting into it and savoring the taste of a fresh fruit...so rare and so delicious. Probably high in toxcity, but tasted so good.

Devoted Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
(( OOC : Thanks! You're not so bad yourself! biggrin
By the way, I love malufenix! ))

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Major Orchid

User Image

Evolved huh? So thats what they called it? Seth called it mutation. Evolution doesn't happen that quickly...it takes hundreds...maybe thousands of years. But this was obviously accelerated by radiation and other...unnatural factors. And the made it a Mutation. When the Major saw the girl handle the issue, it almost made him laugh, since she had waved at him. He shook his head a bit before walking out of the room. "I'll be back" he said, closing the door behind him.

Seth walked out of the hotel, going toward the area where he had seen the girl handle the thief. And soon enough, he saw her. She seemed to be eating...and apple? Seth's eyes widened as he walked towards her. He was a bit amazed at the fact that agriculture was even possible out in this harsh wasteland. "That thing can't be safe..." he said. After all, it was probably grown in the irradiated dirt...watered with dirty, irradiated water. But still, there it was...an apple.

John RipFist

Odiah

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
John RipFist
(( OOC : Thanks! You're not so bad yourself! biggrin
By the way, I love malufenix! ))

((OMG ME TOO SO HARD. <33333333))

Quick Reply