Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Maverick

As the petite child approached the sleeping beauty, all of a sudden, he awoke with a cold and dreary expression. She jumped backwards from shock and stared in awe. She snapped her head to the side where she heard the gentle click of a crossbow. The feminine-looking male then questioned her about her surprise entrance while the man with a crossbow, who settled himself on the other mattress, chimed in with a gentler, though still inquisitive, tone. Trembling lightly, she bit her bottom lip. After a brief moment of silence, the little girl burst into tears. Her hands flew to her face and quickly began to wipe away. She sobbed loudly as she fell to her knees and strands of her black hair draped the sides of her face. In between sobs, the little girl said, "I-I just w-wanted to find her. I-I heard the other guy s-say Idonea inn, a-and," she rubbed the base of her palm against her damp, reddened cheeks, "the people wouldn't l-let me i-in!" She continued to sob loudly as she looked down. Tears dripped one after the other, disappearing in an instant into the floor.

Maverick scanned the kitchen before entering. It was very dark in the room as only two candles sat on the wooden dining table. The only individual there was a stout man sitting by the stove, who appeared to be heating a meal. Slowly stepping into the room, Maverick bashfully called out, "E-Excuse me! Do you know where I could get something to eat, or mayhaps, a drink?" However, the man did not reply so Maverick approached him, as a curious infant would reach into the mouth of a wild animal. "Excu-," in the midst of the darkness, there was a sharp intake of breath. Maverick's expression flickered to umitigated terror as he stared at the man who's ravaged jaw barely hung on the skin and muscle of his battered face. An array of muscle and tissue were exposed, which was especially visible near his left ear. The lobe of his left ear was lightly stained with dried blood as though someone had ripped off an earring or carefully pricked a sharp needle-like object into it. The blood was already beginning to dry, though the broad opening in his neck revealed a slim, palpitating stream of blood.

Pure-hearted Wildcat

User Image
Șilvia Ðawn - ζilly
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Silvia glared at the man before her as he spoke at last saying that he would inquire no further. Now she knew why her sister disliked this man so much. Just when she was about to put her hidden blade back in it's place however, the man spoke again and just like that, she decided she might prove him wrong. His horse may be in danger after all just for provoking her like that. However, she gave him a smirk and just followed him in silence. Getting her own key to a room, she didn't complain when Irvette took her to hers and Wolfs room and had to hold back a laugh as she slammed the door in his face.

The two girls sat down on Irvette's bed and once again Silvia had to hold back laughter as Wolf walked in with a sour look on his face. His words only fueled the fire and she ended up laughing out loud anyway as he left. But alas her amusement was not to last. She could hear Leola calling for her outside. The growls indicated that she smelled blood and that was not usually a good thing if Leola had to tell her that. Getting up quickly, she looked to Irvette. "Somethings wrong. Leola smells blood. Lots of it." she told her just as quickly as she went to the door. Going downstairs, Silvia soon caught a whif of the smell too and went to the kitchen to investigate. Their charge was there and a long dead man was by the stove as though frozen in place. Not good. Someone knew that they were there or more specifically that Maverick was there.

Approaching the boy, she put a hand on his shoulder. "Come. You don't need to see any more of this." she soothed gently as she turned his head away from the sight. Leading him back out the door, she gave her sister a look. They needed to leave and soon. Their position was compromised. The information sharing would have to be done on the road. They couldn't afford to have eavesdroppers listening in.

(sorry it took so long. My computer is being crappy)

User Image

Angelic Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Alexander
Lionheart

Alex embraced Kali gently, although he knew she was acting, his heart quicken, Its been a very long time since I felt this, he thought to himself. "Don't worry, Love, I wont let anything happen to you,"[/color] and he meant it, no acting, no script, just truth. The heartwarming embrace was interrupted by the stranger's chair scrapping across the floor, the sound of him standing, as long with the others in his group. Since it was still loud, Alex was able to whisper into Kali's ear, "I am going to take him outside and handle this. Keep his friends here." He kissed her on her forehead, not trusting himself to kiss her on her lips again, he might not be able to break the kiss. He let go of her and turned around sloppy, "Hey missssterr, thissss my ggggirl, you leaveeesss her alllllone!" he yelled while stabbing his finger drunkenly into the strangers chest.

Alex was ready for his response. Alex watch as the man balled his fist, pulled his arm back, and punched him. Alex turned his face as he was hit with the punch, just leaving enough force to make himself bleed, nothing major. Alex fell to the floor, knocking down a table and dishes around the area. The people in the room went silent and stared at them. The Stranger and his friends laughed at him. "That drunk is asking for an early grave!" he heard one of them say. Alex pulled himself off the ground and laughed with the group, "I bet yyyyou not ssssso tuffffff outsssssside with without frieeendddddsssss!" Alex laughed at him, "Yyyou rrrreal fighter, follow follow mmme! mme anddd yyyouuuu!" All the other people laughed at Alex, "Unlesssss you ch..ch..chicken!" Alex taunted. He turned and walked out leaving Kali and the shocked people in the tavern behind. As he stumbled outside he was hit with a cool breeze. Smiling he notice the streets were almost empty. He turned back towards the door in time to see the man in black following him out, alone, Good this will work then, he thought to himself, "Fffoolllow" he mumble to the man. He lead him to an alley way, the whole time the man was yelling at him, "You're going to die tonight you baster, all over your whore girlfriend!" Alex anger rose, "She should not have been running her mouth about the kidnap princess!" Alex stopped in the alley way, "You mean like you are running your mouth?" Before the man was able to react, Alex had turned around, closed the small gap between them, punched the man in the gut. As the man fell Alex grabbed the others head and pulled it down onto his rising knee. The man fell to the ground in a bloody mess, he was not moving, "Come on, I didn't hit you that hard."[/color] Alex mumble and pulled the man out of the middle of the alley. he laid him onto his back.

After a few minutes the man began to move, "Ah, Good." Alex said to him. Alex stood up and placed his foot onto the mans neck. The bloody man grabbed the foot and tried to push it off, that is when Alex applied pressure and the man was unable to move the foot and began to choke. "Listen here, You are going to tell me what you know about the kidnap princess." Alex lessens the pressure so the man could talk, "I don't know nothing!" the man spat back, "Now you know I do not believe you, otherwise you would not have brought up the princess." Alex reached into the belt he received and pulled out two small bottles, one had a clear liquid, the other had a brown one. "I am telling you, I don't know nothing!" the man insisted, "Alright, We can do this the fun way!" Alex smiled and quickly moved so he was sitting on the mans chest and his knees were pinning down the others arm. He grabbed the mans mouth and forced it open, "This is poison, if you tell me what you know I will give you the antidote." Alex uncapped the clear bottle and poured it down the mans mouth. Then he forced the mans mouth shut and held it shut while squeezing his nose shut. The man was forced to cough and swallow the liquid, Alex release his grip and stood up, letting the man go. "You will have about 5 minutes before the poison will kill you," Alex said coldly. Diving at Alex. the man tried to get the other liquid, Alex simply moved out of the way and watch as the man stumbled into the brick wall behind them. "Fine, Fine, I will tell you everything, now give me the antidote!" the man demanded, "Not till you squeal." Was Alex answer. The man fell to the floor and began to cough, which made Alex's eyebrow raised, but he said nothing. In between breaths, "I..I...Used to work for....them," he coughed, "For Who? What does this have to do with the princess?" "I never meet Him, but... it was a big group.... could... have been any...one..." "Who?" Alex yelled. "They would....they would have killed me!" the man began to cry. "They Kidnapped her.... The Princess...." More coughing, Alex smiled "So she was kidnapped." "Yes...Y..Yes... a group... It was ins...insane... Didn't... think they... could do it. I ran..." Alex laughed at he man, "So you are a coward? Running away like a dog with its tail between its legs." "They would have killed me!!" Alex turned and walked away. "What about the antidote! I told you everything!" the man cried to his back. Alex said nothing as he turned the corner of alley. the sounds of the man choking in the alley way left a smile on Alex's face, I can have any loose ends. He walked back into the Inn/tavern.

He spotted Kali, not looking at anyone else, he walked to her, bent down and whispered into her ear. "I got something, Lets go." All the friends of the man was yelling at him asking about their hero, Alex said nothing and lead Kali back upstairs. Leaving the shocked group behind.

Hillbilly Hikari

((OOC:Thanks Sushi for the help))

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

The noise downstairs was increasing with every minute. Daegon's expression tightened when the smell of blood began to waft through the hallways. "Who were you wanting to find, miss?", he asks, lowering his cross bow to reach out and lift the girl to her feet. With a firm hand, he pulls her a distance away from both window and bed. Then, a syringe filled with one of his many concoctions hidden in his sleeve, Daegon begins again. "Who told you to look here?" Time was running short. He should have known their cover wouldn't be enough.

Alex's familiar footsteps, compiled with those of Kali, Maverick, and an older woman, sounded in the hallways. The inner countdown in Daegon's mind started. 30...29...28... Thankfully, he'd seen the stable boys run off after only parking the wagon. The sleeper agents would take care of it if the group had to leave quickly. 27...26....25... Dammit, he hated getting information out of kids. "Quickly, girl. We've only got a few minutes to help you..." Gesturing curtly for Vixen to get up and ready, he tilts his head to listen for anomalies and potential threats.
User Image

Maverick

Maverick had to pull himself together, but the same image returned to haunt him time and time again. His teeth clenched and unclenched as his anxiety shot through him. As they left the room, his eyes remained wide and unwavering. His voice was trapped beyond the depths of his throat.

Just then, the terrorized scream of one of the maids pierced through the halls. A female corpse was sprawled onto the floor after it had fallen out of the supply closet. Her long, jet black hair was sticking in all directions, in which some strands were pasted onto the dried blood in the walls of the gaping crevice in her throat. The maid cupped her mouth and darted down the hall in search of help.

The little girl forced herself to swallow her sobs. "N-No one told me. I-I heard the bad men t-talk about this place." Then, with brightly reddened eyes, she glanced up at the man with the crossbow and answered his second question after a brief pause, "My mom."

OOC: Did u guys get the hint here? c:
User Image

User Image

Aiden could hear some noise coming from the tavern across the street. Curiosity won out and he stealthily walked out into the night, hood pulled low, toward the inn. Not halfway to the taproom, the assassin saw Alex walk out. He was followed closely by a large brute of man. Not for a second fearing for Alex's safety, despite seeing some blood and an obvious bruise on his face, Aiden followed the men to an abandoned alley. He was more interested in knowing what was going on than anything else. Realizing that just walking up to them would distract Alex, Aiden stopped a little ways back and leaned against the wall, completely covered by shadows. Knowing that he would be invisible to all if he didn't move, Aiden did just that.

While watching the event in front of him Aiden couldn't help but comment on Alex's movements, much like one would comment while instructing a sword match. Disable him with a punch to the gut, watch your blind spot, nice! This was actually the first time in a long time that Aiden observed Alex and was in truth quite impressed with how he was handling things. When he looked to have gotten all of the information out of the man the hidden assassin was not one bit surprised when he didn't give the poor soul the antidote. No loose ends. That was the way things were and quite honestly the world was a better place without this repulsive human being living in it.

With his job finished Alex rushed back inside and Aiden decided to wait and see if the dying man would try and do something in his final moments. Talk about a lucky break, not moments after Alex left that another man showed up. Clearly pleased that the man was dying in front of him, the newcomer knelt down in front of him with a huge smile on his face. "Ah Henry. Henry Henry Henry. Look where we are now. We warned you about joining for life. You should have never left." Smirking even wider at the dying man's pitiable attempt to reply, he continued, "and now look what's happened to you. Taken down by that string-bean of a man. I should go thank that man for doing my job for me." He looked toward the bar briefly and then back down at the dying man. "You know it was quite pathetic of you to be beaten by such a pitiful man, but... well, if we're being completely honest, you and I both know that you're just a sorry excuse for a man. It's no surprise that you were taken down so easily. Though it is a disgrace to the Uprising. Hey, are you still with me Henry? Hey!" the stranger gave the dead man a violent shake. When no response came he exhaled in frustration, "I never get to finish..." sighing again he reached down and pulled off the dead man's ring. Fingering it a moment longer, he stuffed it in his pouch.

Deciding that now was the best time to catch this guy before he ran off, Aiden stepped out from the shadows. Seeing a movement to his right the stranger visibly jumped upright. "s**t man! How long you been standing there?" he was practically shouting, clearly surprised and upset by Aiden's appearance. "Long enough to know that you are a part of some uprising and that you were sent to kill this man. And if you don't want to follow in this man's footsteps I suggest that you come with me right this instant." Wanting to question the man, Aiden tried to think of the best way to capture him alive. Clearly the man knew that's what he was thinking because he replied, "sorry stiff, I ain't got time to be interrogated by some wannabe hero." With that he turned toward the entrance of the alley and booked it.

The chase was on. Not wasting a moment, Aiden followed in pursuit. He's a fast one, the assassin thought. Pushing himself harder and harder Aiden began to catch up to the stranger. Presumably the man heard Aiden gain on him for just when the assassin was about to close in he put on an extra burst of speed. Breathing heavily but not slowing down, Aiden kept up with the stranger. That was until he turned a corner and bumped into a busty female. Completely surprised he tried to untangle himself but it seemed as though the female was working against him. Trying to see where the fleeing man was and realizing with dismay that he had escaped, Aiden finally looked at the female. She looked about his age and was currently a deep shade of crimson. Seeing the assassin look at her she began to speak at a rapid pace, "I am s-s-so sorry! I should have been looking where I was going but then I was distracted and there was a job I was sent out to do but then I saw how beautiful the sky was and then I saw a man run by and then you ran into me and I feel as though you were chasing him and now I know that I messed this up for you and I really am sorry and I hope you forgive me and do you live around these parts." Saying this last part she blushed an even deeper shade of red, "I only meant that so that I could help you home if I hurt you in any sort of way and I am talking a lot aren't I, of course I am so I am going to shut up now... but before I do just let me say sorry one more time."

Realizing that his mouth was hanging open, Aiden quickly snapped it shut. He had never heard so many words said as quickly as she just displayed. Glancing behind her one more time, Aiden could feel a slight frown tug at his lips. So much for catching that man and questioning him. Sighing audibly, Aiden looked back at the expectant girl's eyes. "No, I was just simply getting some exercise. And there is no reason for you to apologize, you did nothing wrong." Aiden was worried that the girl was hurt because the more he spoke the more she blushed. "Hey, are you ok? You don't look so good." She quickly jumped up and dusted herself off. "No no I am fine. Great. Perfect! No need to worry, see," with that she did a little spin. "I am about to get off work and then head home myself..." She left the statement open ending, clearly expected some sort of response. Not sure what she wanted, the assassin picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off also. He looked at her up and down, causing a new wave of heat to come to the female's face. Smiling in the hopes of putting the girl at ease, he replied "I hope you have a safe trip home." Seeing a slight frown appear on the females lips, she simply nodded and looked at the ground. She scuffed her foot once, twice, and looked back up. "Thank you, have a good night, stranger." With that she headed back inside of what appeared to be a clothing store. Staring at the female a moment longer through the window he saw an excited female run up to the woman he had just run into. Not sure what they were talking about, Aiden's mind went back to the current situation. Deciding that catching the man was no longer an option, Aiden turned back in the direction he had come and started jogging back, keeping up the exercising facade.

OOC: Sorry it's so long guys!! XD

Feral Kitten

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM⋰y⋰ ⋰N⋰a⋰m⋰e⋰ ⋰I⋰s⋰.⋰.⋰.⋰
    xxxx
    User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⋰A⋰n⋰d⋰ ⋰I⋰ ⋰H⋰o⋰l⋰d⋰.⋰.⋰.⋰
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⋰D⋰e⋰a⋰r⋰e⋰s⋰t⋰ ⋰M⋰e⋰m⋰o⋰r⋰i⋰e⋰s⋰
    xxxx

xxxUser Imagexxx

"We watched the red sky covered in clouds, caught up in the summer wind. The time we spent together shone briliantly."

xxxx

Allen bit back his retort, knowing that it would not help in the situation. He had every right to be crude; his wonderful sleep was rudely interrupted by this little child. Not to mention that she tried to sneak up on a trained assassin, which was never a smart thing to do. What if had reacted without thinking and out she went, dead as a doornail? Honestly now, not like it would have happened, but still, the child should know better than that. He wasn’t going to falter now; the child needed to know better than to sneak up on someone. Allen may be an assassin, but the brunet is certainly not averse to giving a child a lesson in life. If they didn’t learn, then how did they ever hope to survive in this harsh world? Normal people wouldn’t think second before lashing out and at the very least striking the girl. However, as soon as the little girl started crying, well, it’s no surprise that he kind of broke right there. Hey give him a break. Children are his weak spot, and there’s been too many damn children on this mission.

His resolved crumbled and washed away with the girl’s tears. Gods, he felt like an a**. Here he was, snapping at an innocent child who was just looking for someone dear to her.. The need to wipe those tears as her heart-wrenching sobs echoed across the room became all too real. Walking over to the young girl, he brushed passed Daegon and crouched to her height, reaching out a hand to wipe away her tears, “Hush now child, it’s okay, it’s okay.” The poor dear. She was smart, that’s for sure, and brave. It took guts to venture out on her own, and all to search for someone dear to her. He small touch of pride for the child blossomed in his chest, seeing a little bit of himself reflected in the young girl. He smiled gently at the child, trying to calm her in a similar way he had with Maverick, growing all too well aware of the commotion downstairs- the coppery scent he was all too well accustomed to reaching his nose.. Tensing up, he made no move to stop Daegon as he moved the child away from the window, knowing that it would be best for her sake.

The girl’s answer, however, sent off alarms in Allen’s head. He knew who this girl was. Her answers all made sense. What she heard from the “bad guys” and why she was out searching desperately for her missing mother:

This girl was the daughter of the kidnapped princess.
              ….Oh hell. Things just got more complicated.

Immediately reacting, Allen put an arm between Daegon and the little girl; stopping him from drugging her into amnesia, “Mistletoe, don’t. She’s not just some little girl.” Wrapping a protective arm around the girl, he tried to console her and shush her tears, “It’s okay now sweetie. Calm down, you find yo-” A shrill scream sounded throughout the inn, cutting off Allen before he could finish his sentence. Wrapping an arm around the girl, he lifted the surprisingly light child protectively into his arms, readying his dagger for attack if need be. Nodding his head over to the other male in the room, the brunet gestured for the male to gather his bags, “I’ll take care of the child. Get your bags together- We need to get to the others and get out of here. Now.”

"Like a light, in those darkened days of the past. I know that no matter how badly I wish to see you again, that can never be."

I am in the room With Daegon and the little girlWhile tense, ready to leave with the girl in his arms and thinking, 'Hell, we need to leave...' And that makes me feel Tense, On edge, ready to leaveOut ¤ Of ¤ Chamomile tea: Omg Allen..another child...so many things happening at once wow. And long is good! No need to apologize for a long post. Also I made my text a size bigger so it was easier to read ^-^'

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

It took Daegon a mere few seconds to collect his bag and strap it to his back. "Move to the door. Time for a distraction.", he growls. Metal flashed in his hands where the needle was capped and tucked carefully back into his sleeve, to be replaced with a flint. "I hope you're not adverse to fire. I don't have time to deal with the evidence of your nap." A bottle of alcohol was liberated from the side table and placed to his lips as he grimly swigged down half the substance, before a piece of cloth was shoved into the opening. 15...14...13...12...11.. "Before I set this and hopefully this whole blasted inn on fire... I'd like to ask you not to mention this to the King. I told him I'd sworn off mozitoph cocktails." His grim smile wobbled on the edge of sanity. But, hey.. Alan had worked with him long enough for him not care. "Shield her face, Vixen."

Keeping his larger frame in-between the soon to be fire and the other occupants of the room, Daegon struck the flint against itself until the tiniest of flames was passed onto the cloth. This time, he was counting out loud as he readied his arm and tossed the fiery bottle at the corner closet to the opened window where it'd have a good supply of oxygen. "10...9...8.. Let's go." Orange and yellow silhouetted his frame as the curtains and bedding went up in a flash. "We've got work to do."

Where: The Inn
With: Alan and the girl
Theme right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJtaAQfFpos
OOC: You have no idea how long I've been waiting for s**t to go done.

Lyokni

Pure-hearted Wildcat

User Image
Șilvia Ðawn - ζilly
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Not even giving a glance towards the scream, Silvia led Maverick away from the area quickly. She didn't need to get anything as she still had her pack on her shoulder. She lead him outside and led the way to the stables where the horses were. On the way though, she spotted Wolf chasing down a man only to get held up by a woman who was obviously acting. Smirking that the assassin was getting flustered with her heavy blushing, Silvia made a special call to her partner that was never far behind and from there she continued to lead the boy to the horses and got her sisters horses ready. She didn't get the boys horses ready cause she didn't know if their horses would even let her near, so she didn't risk it. Her own horse was a beautiful palomino mare and she had given her the name Sunshine.

It wasn't long that a distant scream went out that sounded terrified and in pain. With a grin, Silvia lifted the boy onto her horse and she got on behind him. "Sorry boy, I'll have to take you with me. Can't leave you alone for now ok?" she told him soothingly. Then she rode up to the road Aiden was on and gave a whistle to gain his attention. "Hey Wolf, I think you should join me. There's something you need to see and I have a feeling you'll like it." she called out to him with a smirk.

Silvia waited for Aiden to get his horse ready, leaving a note in Irvette's saddle on where she went and that she would be with Aiden and Maverick so that they didn't worry. She also said in the letter that they could go on ahead and that she would be able to find them easily when they were done. Looking back to Wolf, almost a little impatient now that she was done with her letter. "Hurry up, we don't have much time." she hinted as she got back on her horse.

(Hope this is ok....I could do more but I don't wanna move Aiden on my own too much >< )

User Image
User Image

User Image

Coming back in the view of the inn, Aiden was more than a little confused as to why there was mas confusion everywhere. I leave for 20 minutes and all hell breaks loose. There was smoke coming out of the building, Maverick looked terrified, and there were screaming people everywhere. Taking all this in in just a second Aiden held his spot as he noticed Lilly heading in his direction. What could I possibly want to see so bad that I would leave this area before my comrades got out safely? But of course his curiosity won out, reasoning that his companions were all trained assassins, more than capable of escaping from a burning building. Coming to this conclusion, Aiden ran to the stables to saddle up his percheron. Thanking his lucky stars that he had left his packs on the wagon, he didn't have to worry about running inside the burning building. He could rely on Daegon to secure the wagon and all of its belongings.

Finally finished saddling Leggs, Aiden swung his leg up and over, pulling himself up all in one fluid motion. Replying to her impatience, he replied "I'm finished, let's go!" Glancing down at the frightened boy, Aiden gave an encouraging smile. "Do not worry Maverick, all will be ok. Hold on tight." With that both he and Lilly spurred their horses, Aiden riding next to her but slightly behind. He still had no idea where they were going. Once they were finished with whatever they were doing they would have to meet up with everyone in the forest outside of town. Always in the direction of their next destination, that's how it was.

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
where: Tavern/Inn with: Alex mood: Curious/Worried outfit:Tavern ooc: I am so confused. I posted and then everyone came back, and now I'm lost. Why is Daegon counting? Did Alex and Kali just get left behind in a Fire? Who the hell is the little girl!? crying

☢ ❤☠☢❤ ☠☢❤ ☠☢❤ ☠☢❤ ☠☢❤ ☠☢ ❤☠☢❤ ☠☢

Kali allowed herself to be lead back upstairs. She barely remembered that Allen was napping, but in time to stop Alex and steer him towards the room she was to share with Silvia when they showed up. She shuffled a bit nervously when she closed the door behind them. It was only to give them privacy to discuss their situation but all the sudden she was far too aware that she was alone with a man in a room with a bed. Licking her lips, she splayed her hands wide, "What did you learn? Was I right? Did he know something?"

Like a creeping predator slinking the shadows, smoke started to fill the room they were in. Kali blinked her eyes against the warm dry air in the room before she noticed how hot it had gotten. Wiping her brow with the back of a hand and coughed in the fire warmed air. In a moment of confusion, she forgot to use his code-name and turned to him in true confusion, "Alex?.....Alex!" Suddenly she pushed him out of the way as a burst of flame from outside made their window shatter inward. Coughing from inhaling the smoke drench air, she looked down at the man beneath her, "I think maybe we should leave now and then talk later."

Reaching out she grabbed her two saddlebags and slung them over her shoulders. A cough was ripped out of her as more and more smoke filled the upper levels and screams from downstairs were heard. Sliding her hand into one of Alex's, she tried to get out of the building inferno.

♫ ♪ I'm gonna make it up
Right here in the sink
It smelled like turpentine

And looked like India ink
I held my breath and closed my eyes
I took a drink♫ ♪

DragonXabwa
User Image

User Image

After reading the note, she gripped it tightly and glanced back up at the burning building. Where in the world were they going, and who was the reckless numbskull that did this?! she thought to herself in absolute frustration. This trip - no, these people - were becoming so unbearable. Irvette wanted to skewer each and every one of them! On that note, she darted into the building and began evacuating the people still inside. "Leave now before the fire spreads!" She sternly called out as several individuals in panic lined up to exit. She had to grab a few who were overtaken by fear and panic. "Go!" she repeated and glanced around the room for any one else remaining. Afterwards, she leaped up the stairs and called out once more. The floor was beginning to flood with smoke; her vision was not the clearest, which was unfortunate especially if people could not find their way out. However, at the corner of her eye, she spotted a woman's body laying flat on the floor five doors down from the burning room. She coughed a bit before scrambling to the floor beside the woman. Without a second thought, Irvette tossed the individual over her shoulder and tried to recall the direction of the stairs. Though, in missing a step, the two tumbled down the stairs and landed with a loud thud. Crack! Irvette became fearful that she had broken a limb, but as soon as she opened her eyes to check on the woman, she gasped loudly as she cringed from the realization of the dead body right across from her. Some of her crimson blood began to seep through the gaping hole in her neck. Her jet black hair was tainted with dried blood as several strands were caught in her mouth and neck... hole. In the most unfortunate of circumstances, Irvette had indeed dislocated her shoulder, and the soreness became apparent when she shifted it to get a few feet away from the corpse. She hadn't died from the fire; that was for sure.

Hillbilly Hikari
OOC: Lol. RECAP: So far, Daegon is counting down as they leave the place with the little girl who had snuck in through the window. She's looking for her mom. Aiden and Silvia are on their horses getting ready to leave with Maverick after a killing spree had taken place. So far, there are two dead bodies with (hint hint: similar looking) large, crevices in their necks. Alex and Kali are at the tavern. The inn is actually burning, because Daegon set Allen's bed on fire to remove any traces of evidence. So yah... @ v @;;

Angelic Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Alexander
Lionheart

Alex was surprise by Kali pushing them into a room of their own. He notice how she reacted upon realizing they were alone, Cute, he smiled at her, he took a step closer to her, half an arms reach away, "Well, you see, He did." Alex was distracted by the way she looked, the way she licked her lips. As he noticed the confusion in her, he looked around, "Smoke?" he coughed, then Pow! He was laying on his back, with Kali straddling him, flames dancing behind her, his eyes burning from the smoke and heat. "Yes, later." he said as they stood up. Alex took one of the saddlebags from her, as all his stuff was already in the wagon. "I will help," he gladly took her hand. Coughing as they ran out. "Come on Ka...Virgo, I will get you out of here." Alex almost slip, but they were not in the room anymore, and who knows who could be hiding int he smoke. When they made it outside, Alex led them to where the horses were.

((OOC:So the tavern is not part of the Inn? Sorry I didnt write much this time, its been a long day!))

Hillbilly Hikari
DragonXabwa
OOC: Yup! The tavern is not part of the inn as addressed in my first post that talks about it: "a diminutive tavern a few roofs down from the inn they were staying at" (p. 13). :3 And don't worry about it! Post with what u can manage!

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
where: outside with: Alex mood: Confused outfit:Tavern ooc: Yeah totally missed that about the Tavern/Inn. Cuz we just burned it down >.<

A quick pat and soothing words helped calm her clydesdale down as he pattered around nervously from the fire. She noticed with great annoyance that the wagon and all the other horses were gone...except....Irvette's horse was still here and just as nervous as her horse. Coughing, Kali got her horse's tack on with sure practice and quickly moved to Irvette's to do the same. It hit her that Alex hadn't ridden a horse, he'd been in the wagon the whole time. Covered in soot and her eyes burning from the heated air, Kali pulled on the reins leading both horses out of the stable before turning to Alex.

"I think Piper is still inside...everyone else is gone except her horse," she wheezed and tugged on the reins of the reluctant horses again. She needed something to wrap around their eyes before they freaked out anymore. Thankfully she had the saddlebag with her clothes, reaching in she pulled out a skirt and held it out to Alex, "Can you tear this in half? Gotta blindfold the horses. And we gotta find Piper."

♫ ♪ I'm gonna make it up
Right here in the sink
It smelled like turpentine

And looked like India ink
I held my breath and closed my eyes
I took a drink♫ ♪

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff