Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image
User Image
xxxxxCHARLES NOBLExxxxx
Tнe Aυтнor
User Image

Charles was glad to see that his company was much welcome by Aidan. Not that he was suspecting that she will reject him. After all, they were in friendly terms with each other. It seemed she was pleased to see him in such a place. Yes, it was nice to see a friendly face instead of an abandoned castle full of unfamiliar faces. Once again, the Queen's letter was mentioned. Everyone must have being astonished to received a letter of such a important figure, like the Queen. "Yes. It was rather odd." The man said in a solemn tone. At the beginning, he didn't want to think much of it since the main topic of the letter was an arranged marriage. But when he had arrived, the people inside the castle was bringing out the curiosity inside him. Aidan agreed to accompany in exploring the castle, but they were soon stopped by a note that magically appeared in her hair. Charles silently watched as he began to wondered if he had the same note. He searched in the first place he look on his persona. There was a note in his pockets. He took it out and unfold it. It read, "Meet me at the library." Charles raised an eyebrow at the note. 'How peculiar...' He said disbelief on how everything was happening to them. He has written so many fantasy books that it couldn't believe this was happening to them. Charles didn't say much and instead silently guided Aidan to the library, after seeing her note that said the same written words too.

Eventually, they both finally found the library. It took them a while to find the room since they were still unknown to the place. Charles instead followed the loud sound of voices that echoed through the hallways. The room was full of energy and different personalities. It was clear that something upset them. They were all talking about a old fairytale that involved Gods and Goddesses of old, and the holy lands of Je T'aime. Charles didn't know what to think of it. He wasn't one to believe in legends. However, he might have to change his mind after witness these changes. As they were at the library doors; everyone inside was leaving the room. Even so the tension was high in the air. "It seems we just had a taste of the storm that will slowly grow these days inside this castle." Charles commented out loud to Aidan. It was becoming clear that people had emotional problems that were clashing with each other. Just when he was about to walk inside. A young lady had rushed her way out of the library, who was soon followed by others. The girl seemed very upset and it made him frown.

Tipsy Conversationalist

User Image
кwyn
xxxxThe Baker Girl

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

A voice over her shoulder made her jump and she moved aside to allow the man into the kitchens. She recognized him from earlier and mentally slapped herself for not catching up with him and his companion to save herself all that aimless wandering. "Thank you sir, but... sorted? Do you think there is someone... orchestrating all of this?" Kwyn lowered her voice, as if for fear they could be listening in as she spoke.

As if she had a headache, she pinched the bridge of her nose and clenched her eyes shut, as if trying to dismiss the whole situation. "I do not appreciate being run around without being told what is going on here and why. I want answers and I believe we all deserve them---" Kwyn stopped speaking when the young maid entered the room as well. Thank god, another lady! In the current situation, being around males made her particularly weary.

"I-- uh, well," Kwyn hadn't been expecting being asked about. "I worked in my parents' bakery. Used to, anyway..." She trailed off, glancing almost longingly around the room before she snapped out of it again. "Ah, where are my manners?" The young girl stepped forward to hold out her hand for the girl to shake. "Kwyn Hywel. It's a pleasure to meet you." She tried her best to suppress her accent, especially when meeting new people. A trick she'd learned with the more sensitive customers back home, unfortunately.

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

xxxx

Hygienic Sex Symbol

My only escape...

User Image

L I L L I A N H A R R I N G T O N
User Image

Lillian couldn’t help but be impressed by the girl, but like all things she had to find some sort of fault in it. The woman left, but not before reminding her that she was a maid, but not her maid, which was fine, but then added a nice, ’You should both apologize and try to get along.’ which slightly had infuriated her. But, it was sort lived as the woman left, off to fetch her a cup of tea, which she would have to thank her for.
Leaving Lillian alone, her bedroom door wide open, she turned to study her room more carefully.
It did look rather clean, but dust was still apparent everywhere. Still, it was a nice room, very large with a small seating and entertaining area near the front by the fireplace and a small step up, was a large four post bed and a nightstand that held a lamp and a large stack of books.

Infact, now that she was taking a closer look at it all, her books were scattered everywhere in small piles. “So that’s where they went.” she whispered, rather astonished.
Walking over to a finely placed chair, she sat down, reaching forward to take hold of the very first book on top that was laying neatly on a pile on the table before her.
It was one of her favorites by a rather famous author who, she had to remind herself, was here in this castle.
“Perhaps that woman isn’t the only thing that will help to brighten my days.” she silently thought to herself as she opened the cover and turned to the first page.

Lillian remained in her room, silently. The only things that could be heard was the fire crackling and an ever so often turn of a page in her book.

Lillian had read it a dozen times at least. It was a romance novel about a woman of low birth who fell in love with a noble. It reminded her very much of her own life except the roles had been switched around.
She could feel tears swell up in her eyes and she continued, reading a small part where the nobleman had confessed with a broken heart that he could no longer see the poor servant girl again.

Oh, if she could tell Mr. Noble the truth about such an encounter, such an experience, perhaps in his next book, a scene like this would have more of a heartfelt feeling. Still, she could relate to everything. She could nearly recall that moment when she had to do nearly this very same thing to the man she once loved…

No, to the man she still did love. “I will find you one day…” the words left her lips in an nearly inaudible whisper.

Is between the pages of this book....

TheArtGoblin's Sidekick

Computerized Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

------------------------------DISTANT RHYTHM OF THE DRUM----------
----------as we drifted towards the storm------------------------------

"At least, you may find him again, Lilliana." Ikaia spoke softly in return, his face slightly puffy as his heart felt heavy. He'd left the library in his own silence, undisturbed by the building's flicker of life. He knew there was a reason for all of this, and with every little change it was proving to be more and more true. He understood, or at least thought he did, why his grandmother had sent him here.
                                                                "I will only see mine again in death." he spoke a little louder, shifting from the door frame to stand as tall as he could muster. He'd passed by a couple, of which he didn't recognize, but left them to do as they may have needed as they transitioned in silence.
                                                                "We have that in common, at least, and as such... Perhaps we may help each other." Ikaia sighed, stepping more into her room. He'd yet to find his again, but the only door ajar in the hallway had drawn his attention.
                                                                "I understand it is hard to believe, but the truth is we are living in this fairytale. Of which it is no longer. This is the reality. And I struggle to face it as much as you do. We must find love here, or the world may suffer. It's unfair, truly. I'd have much rather rotted away inside the castle walls than to come here, but it was insisted that I go." he muttered, eying the book she'd had half opened. He was jealous. That she could escape that way.
                                                                "The physician, when he came to me to treat my illness that had already taken my brother, told me of my fiancee's death. I was distraught, and fought against any more medications. I didn't want to. There was no reason to go on. I'd seen how bright the world could be, and it went dark when he told me she was with child. My mother's final wish before she herself passed in my father's arms, was for me to live. And so, I am here. Struggling to come to terms with everything, and still manage to fulfill my role as my father's son. As his future heir." he admitted, feeling a little better as he spoke up about his own past.
                                                                "I've changed, you know. I used to be like you. Before I met Lenore. But that's long in the past now. I want to restore this place to its glory. I bet it was beautiful. You can tell under all the dirt and dust, that it was very grandiose in its time." he continued, leaning now against her fireplace.
                                                                "Here, in this place of holiness and purity, we're all stripped of titles. I'm no prince. I'm a chosen soul by Gods. We all are. A blank slate to start over again as we may. They want peace and love to return to this place. Although, I fear speaking of it again, dare something grand happen because of it." he smiled, a small joke to perhaps lighten their moods.

------------------------------baby lion lost his teeth----------
                  -----------------NOW THEY'RE SWIMMING IN THE SEA-----------------------

OOC:: Not gonna lie, had no idea what to do here. haha
                  Lilliana's room
                  Lilliana

Hygienic Sex Symbol

My only escape...

User Image

User Image

Lillian had jumped at the sudden sound of another’s voice, turning her head to see none other then the prince standing in her doorway. For some odd reason, his presence pained her in a way she could not fathom. Perhaps it had to do with something in his eyes.. She recognized it, yet refused to find it familiar with the look she herself had.

She watched as he pushed himself upright from her doorframe and then begin to walk across her room, finally settling up against her fireplace. He continued on and sitting there with a book in hand, she remained quiet, listening to his story.
If she could, Lillian would have cried his tears for him, for she knew the feeling of heartbreak. His love was dead and hers, well, hers was only missing. Surely, she could not compare such a love, but it was her love and hers alone and that was enough to hold it above all others.

She waited, closing the book gently as though it would fall apart before she spoke. “I am deeply sorry for your loss, your highness.. But you are not alone in it. This castle, yes… it is beautiful, even in the shape it is in now… I can appreciate it’s muster to have lasted for so long, but again, I must apologize for love… my love, cannot be given so freely to someone here. The life I lead before this was as you’d probably expect, being of such noble birth… but that didn’t mean I was brought up to be so spoiled, it rotted my brain. I fell in love with a man named Jullian… he was a young butler who worked for my father… It started off so innocent and perhaps I was so stuck with puppy love, I did indeed, grow stupid with my actions because of it… but I never got a chance to explore it for what it truly was. I did not get to say goodbye as I was forced away.. As I was looked upon as though I had done something shameful by loving another human being… It took me four years to come back to England… to come back to a father who still refused to look at me as he once did… I came back to loneliness… to questions, to heartache that I had believed once that I had overcome… During those four long years, I lied to myself everyday, just to be able to live on. Had I know I might have…” but she didn’t want to say the next words. To her, life without him was meaningless and on several occasions, she had nearly jumped from a bridge, took pills to take away her pain and drank until she could no longer feel anything.

“I did not come back home just to be forced into another man’s arms… that is why I said before, if love is suppose to save this world.. If my love, is suppose to do this, then I’m afraid, your highness… it will not work. I cannot say goodbye.. I cannot, I refuse to do so.”
Her expressions grew dark as she closed her eyes, fighting back the urge to cry infront of this man. She gritted her teeth and turned away from him. Again, silence fell between the two.

It was only moments later that she had found the nerve to speak.

“I was told once, by an old gypsy woman in Paris… that my heart had become black. That any man whom I would fall in love with in the future, would grow to feel nothing but pain and loss… that I was no longer capable of being able to love again… Even if it were him… I would only cause misery and heartbreak… and perhaps it is foolish to believe in an old woman’s words, especially a gypsy woman… but somehow, the way she looked at me, I just… I could do nothing but believe in it.”

With a sigh, Lillian leaned forward, placing her book back upon the table before she stood up and made her way to the fireplace to stand next to Prince Ikaia. Perhaps this was inappropriate for a lady of her birth, but she knew no other way to get her point across to him. Silently, she reached out, allowing her hand to slide onto his shoulder and then around his neck. He was taller then her, but not so much so that she had any difficulty in her next task.
Without warning, without question or words, she leaned up and kissed his lips. There was no passion in it, no love.. No reason and afterwards, as she leaned back, her hand falling from his neck, she spoke once more with a sort of nothingness in her gaze. “You see… I can kiss anyone.. I can tell them that I love them, I can even bed them if I wish… but I feel nothing… no shame, no love.. no passion. I know no other way to show you this, to prove my point that love… for me, I have given up on ever finding it again. Perhaps I am incapable of doing so… Perhaps you think it just all a ruse on my end… but there is nothing that any man can do… not even my dear Jullian, to sway me from this belief. I’m afraid that whatever God chose me, they were wrong in doing so.”

TheArtGoblin's Sidekick

Computerized Sex Symbol

Ikaia grunted in distaste, before drawing a long deep breath and releasing it. She felt no love. Nothing. Her heart was black; she could not process even the care he'd shown her, his love he'd learned from Lenore of the people. Disgusted, he turned his head to face away from her. She was part of the world's darkness. Part of its war, and death. Part of what took Lenore from him.
                                                                "You are chosen for something, Lilliana." he spoke, his tone dark and cruel, "and eventually, when you are no longer selfish or naive, you will see that. I just wish for you to believe in all of this, because until you do, you're part of the poison that affected the hearts of man. The poison that spread into war, and sickness, and seeped into the earth."
                                                                Ikaia felt his heart pound as he silently turned from Lilliana and left her behind, standing alone in her room. He moved down the hall, where he was relieved when his own door opened now with ease, and pleasantly surprised as he found it in better condition than he'd left it. It seemed he'd remained in the same room, nothing was out of place, but now, the gold shone through even more. His corner table gleamed free of dirt, finally able to see the deep mahogany laced with its own golden designs. It warmed him inside, to see the slender vase, with a single daisy within it, sitting slightly off center. Flowers. They grew in the warmth and rich soil. Somewhere, this had come from, but Ikaia thought he might have the answer. He knew it wasn't the right one, but it was the one that filled him with the most reassurance. Lenore would do this. Collect a flower on their adventure, and leave it in some obscure location in their room. He found his hand reaching and grasping at the wispy white curtains, his own fireplace crackling with warmth. He turned back, pleased to find a small chess set laid out upon his low rise chest of drawers.
                                                                Reminded he was still parading about in his dressiest uniform, he quickly dressed down, finding a light coat to wear over his cotton shirt. He thought back to Lilliana's room, filled with books and books, and looked at his own bare shelves, suddenly nostalgic. This was nearly exactly like home for him. Finding a seat on the corner of his bed, he contemplated everything he'd experienced here so far, and found himself sprawled across his bedspread lightly snoozing after what seemed to be the longest day of his life.

OOC:: Haha this reminds me of the last time something like this happened in rp. NO SUICIDE ATTEMPTS, LILLIANA.
                  Lilliana's room --- > Ikaia's room
                  Lilliana -- > Alone

Hygienic Sex Symbol

My only escape...

User Image

User Image

She had upset him. It was so blatant to see as his gaze grew dark, yet she did not care. She was not upsetting a prince, but a man for had he not just spoken of starting over? Of being a blank slate? Of not being a prince here at all?

Now it was him being cruel, calling her selfish and naive and perhaps she was… perhaps she was more broken then she had realized, but his words did nothing. She didn’t even feel angry towards him. Yes… she truly was poison now… just as the old gypsy woman had told her.
“Poison, huh?” were the only words to leave her lips just as Ikaia left.

She could hear his footsteps down the hall and when there was nothing left but silence, her legs buckled beneath her and she fell to the floor in a pool of her own skirts. Tears fell freely from her eyes as she stared at the fire. “Did you hear that, Jullian… I’m poison.” her words came out so broken, so heart wrenched that she had to lift her hand to her face to cover her mouth just so that she did not scream in anguish.

Lillian knew she couldn’t do this again, she couldn’t allow herself to fall into despair just as she had done when she was forced out of her home by her father. It had taken so much, just to continue living on, to be able to speak to anyone… to be able to even muster up a smile again. She took a deep breath before she reached up and began to wipe away her tears, but it did nothing as more came to replace them. Lillian stayed like that awhile, just silently letting her tears fall until her eyes had dried, her breathing had become normal and her heart wrench and twisted in pain in the blackness she felt deep in her soul. Climbing up from the floor, she silently went back to the chair, reached out and took hold of her book once more. Placing it to her chest, she hugged it as though she were reuniting with a long lost friend. “I’m sorry…” she whispered the words, closing her eyes for but a moment. She did not want to stay in this room a minute longer.

Knowing that Lillia would be returning soon with a cup of tea, she couldn’t help but walk out anyway. She would apologize to the girl later.

Finding herself beginning to lose herself as she traveled down the hallways, Lillian stopped as she came to stand infront of a familiar door. Taking hold of it’s handle, she gave it a twist and was back in the library.
It was empty now and she was so relieved it was.
Closing the door behind her, she walked around. There was a certain air to the room, old… musty… it was like this with any library she found. You could replace the shelves with new books and still, they’d reak with the scent of history, of sword fights and adventures.
Yes this… this would be where she would lose herself to forget about her worries, to forget about herself and the others here.

Walking over to a small table, she grabbed hold of the slightly dusty white sheet and pulled it off, fighting back a sneeze as she mistakenly inhaled the dust that flew into the air like a cloud of smoke. She sat her own book down before she began to walk between the shelves first of this room, her eyes scanning over the titles she did not recognize or recall ever laying eyes on before.
My oh my… she had much reading to catch up on, how didn’t she?

___

(( Lillian will make no promises! XD Besides, I don't think the house would let her!
The Castle: .... I might..
Me: Whaaaa? ))

Surefire Faun

...The night is long and the path is dark
User Image
whereKitchen
withIllia & Kwyn
whyI need something to keep me busy

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℳ A X W E L L Θ S T R A T H
тнє B U T L E R XXXXXXX

Maxwell paused. His brow furrowed. Egg? In curry? He doubted the bakers knowledge on cooking rather than baking. Still, why the hell not. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If worse comes to worse he believed he was skilled enough not to give everyone food poisoning. Not without the intention anyway. So without a word he went over, snooped about, and found a few large eggs. Cracking them each over a bowl, letting the whites run past and catching the yolks in a spoon.

" We are guests here." He said lowly, not really feeling like talking. " Not servants. I am sure there are rooms for everyone. The rats will have to be content with not having your charming company for the night." Looking at her from the corner of his eye, he dropped the eggs into the green cream. Small wrinkles under his eyes betrayed that he was laughing inside.

Apparently she had never worked for a noble. Aside from the hard work, living conditions were more often than not better than what a typical lower class family would have. Whatever room or space she got, he was sure she would not be disappointed.

He said no more. Not to the baker or to the man with glasses.

Eventually, a new visitor to the kitchen arrived. The maid and unfortunately she started speaking to him. At least now there were some proper introductions. The noblewoman annoyed him enough to make him forget about introducing himself.

" Maxwell Ostrath." He said setting down the ladle he had been holding. Turning to the women he placed a hand on his chest and gave them a small bow. " No harm done. It is hard for me to believe all of this but I will stand by what I had said. As my words were not meant for you." Even if the circumstances changed. He believed the Queen had their best interests at heart sending them to this strange place. If not them, then the good of people. He understood well that the end justifies the means. If his faith was so easily shaken, then he did not deserve to be here.

" Was it that obvious?" He said, pulling out three very small saucer like bowls. " Typically, back-talking and butler do not go together. At least not a well trained one." He took the ladle and scooped out the cream, pouring the liquid into one cup he sampled the green curry. Sweet, thick and spicy. Not what he would normally make but it would definitely put a bit of skip in everyone step.
      " I think I will let it stew for a bit longer, but it should be fine for consumption within the hour." Ladling some of the curry into the two other dishes he turned and offered them a sample. Curry was generally an acquired taste and he did not know why he wanted to make it suddenly, especially for the first meal. Not knowing what everyone elses taste preference was. Though, behind it all, right now just he didn't care what the others thought.

Steel your heart, the dawn will come...

Tipsy Conversationalist

User Image
кwyn
xxxxThe Baker Girl

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

His comment made her raise an eyebrow at him, staring him down when she knew he was looking at her. This guy was a total b***h, but he somehow managed to do it while being respectable. It was annoying.

"I cannot imagine why anyone would think otherwise," Kwyn muttered under her breath as he told the Maid how he's usually so in line. God, was there anyone normal in this house? She was starting to feel very, very closed-in, despite the size of the house.

It caught her by surprise when he offered them samples of the food he was cooking. She took the bowl with a very quiet thank-you, holding it delicately with one hand so she could taste it. It was, admittedly, quite good. It wasn't too spicy, and it didn't have that annoying heaviness of western influence that tended to ruin a good foreign kind of dish. "An impressive concoction, i must say," Kwyn admitted after a long pause to taste it properly. "Though it's not often you meet a person who knows how to make anything spicy -- not in this country. Though i don't suppose you're an Englishman?"

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

xxxx

Silver-Mask's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

8,375 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
User Image

Thoughts►How could I be so careless..
Where► Ikaia's room
With ►Just left Max, and Kwyn. With Ikaia.
Outfit Maid outfit
Music ♫ I Could See You.
Doing ► Looking for Lillian.
Out of the Cold

User Image

yum_cupcake
“ Kwyn, and Maxwell... It is very nice to meet you both. “ She said as she filled a silver tray with a fine tea set. She couldn't help giggle at his next words.  " No harm done. It is hard for me to believe all of this but I will stand by what I had said. As my words were not meant for you." He was such a peculiar man. “They may have not been for me, but you did put them out there.So I believe that makes them fair game.” She said with a small smirk. “ You are free to believe what you like, Mr. Ostrath” She trailed off, as she moved around him, placing a tea kettle on the stove.

" Was it that obvious? Typically, back-talking and butler do not go together. At least not a well trained one.
She didn't speak again until after he had handed her the small dish with the curry in it. She wasn't sure what the stuff was, and had not really seen it before. Still she put it up to her small lips, and tasted it. To her delight it was really good. “And Typically noblemen do not cook their own meals, but I would say you have the arrogant part down.” She teased him now. “ It was almost hard for me to decipher, but in the end. The fact that you made so much gave you away. That was really good..What do you call it?” She asked now, placing the dish in the sink to be washed later with the rest.

Before she could get her answer, the kettle on the stove had started to whistle. "An impressive concoction, i must say, though it's not often you meet a person who knows how to make anything spicy -- not in this country. Though i don't suppose you're an Englishman?" At this point Illia only listened to what was being said, as she snatched the kettle up, and started to make the tea. Soon she was done, and ready to go. “ I will let the others know about dinner..” She started to walk out, but stopped at the door, and turned back to look at them “ Oh..and Mr.Ostrath.. about what you said before..about standing by why you said. Just remember.. An open- minded person sees life without boundaries, where as a close-minded person can only see what's beyond their eyes. I believe you have made it clear which one you are..” She gave them both one last smile, before opening the door with her hip, and slipping out.

She couldn't help herself, then man made it to easy for her. Still she could see that something inside of him was keeping him from seeing the bigger picture. She could only assume that it had something to do with his upbringing. Illia pondered on it as she made her way back to Lillian's room..only to find that the young woman was missing. “ Now..where could she have gone.” Illia said with a small sigh. Illia simple turned out of the room, and wondered down the hall, until she noticed one of the doors was cracked. “There maybe?” She thought pushing it open, and wondering in. To her surprise the prince lay there in the bed, causing her eyes to go wide. Quickly she started to back out of the room, hoping he had not seen her. Unfortunately her back hit the door frame, making the cups on the tray rattle. “ Ah, forgive the intrusion, your grace!” She said, immediately. “ I was looking for Lady Lillian.” Her face turned a light shade of pink, and she bowed her head to him.

User Image

xXTengokuXx

SUDO SANDWICH

The Godzilla Threshold

Surefire Faun

...The night is long and the path is dark
User Image
whereKitchen
withKwyn
whyI need something to keep me busy

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℳ A X W E L L Θ S T R A T H
тнє B U T L E R XXXXXXX

Maxwell's brow perked at Kwyn's comment. Looking back at the food he sighed. It was a really uncommon dish. He had just made what he felt like eating. It might be too much for most of them, who lived off bland foods like chowders and stews. It was only out of curiosity of his past and a friendly Chinese slave that he learned how to make food somewhat like his heritage. If you could call it heritage.

" Technically, I was raised in Turkey. My father was Italian and my mother was Japanese but I was acquired by a certain Spanish noble. Who then sold me to Scotland before finally finding honest work in England. I like to think of myself as an Englishman but I am more of a gypsy." He had been many other places in between those mentioned, seen many things and tasted many types of food. However he came to love spicy food. He would take a spicy sweet and sour soup over a stew any day.
      " Perhaps I should make a porridge tomorrow." He mused, something bland and simple. His master always said that turnips were good at soothing hot tempers.

" Thank you," He said suddenly, returning from his distraction. " for the compliment. That is." Food was often a good peace maker. Or at least a good starting point towards peace. After all, when someone was hungry it was irritation that followed close behind.

As Illia left their company she also left him with a few choice words.
      " She sure likes speaking in riddles doesn't she." It was not a question. An open-minded person sees life without boundaries, where as a close-minded person can only see what is beyond their eyes. There was a reason for the way he was and it had kept him alive. He had no reason to question it.
      " Hmm..." He watched the door for quite a while after she left. His eyes held some thoughtfulness rather than their usual cold contemplation. Catching himself staring he blinked hard, brow furrowing.

Silently, he turned back to the counter, pulling plates and setting them out side by side. There he spooned equal portions of rice to each plate, followed by adding the curry. Lastly, he added a bit of garnish to each plate. Taking each plate one by one to a warming rack he slid the glass shut. In there the food would remain warm for an hour or so. Long enough for those who were hungry to come and get it. As for himself he had left a plate out and took it with him to sit at the island in the center of the room. He remained there in silence, eating quietly and seemingly drifting off into a day dream.

Steel your heart, the dawn will come...

Tipsy Conversationalist

User Image
кwyn
xxxxThe Baker Girl

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

Kwyn listened quietly to his story, surprised a little at its complexity. He was by no stretch a particularly old man, yet he'd been so far. "Gypsy is often used unkindly, you'll find. I don't believe such a scorned term should to anyone such as yourself. And you're most welcome."

She couldn't help but chuckle at the other girl's parting comment. Indeed, she had a cryptic mystery about her that almost lifted Kwyn's spirits. Wise beyond her years, if you will. Honestly, she'd come here because she was hungry, so she wasn't letting anyone stop her from immediately going for a plate of food. She leaned against the bench and ate hers in a place that meant she wasn't directly facing her now silent companion. Like a hungry dog, she practically scoffed down the meal, the burning in her throat be damned. Once she was done, she placed her bowl carefully with the empty pots, looking at them with contemplation. Since he had cooked, she supposed she should clean up. It would only be fair. To her surprise, and without her having known it was there, a large tub of warm water was in the corner of the room, near the door. How long had it been there? She had a suspicion it hadn't, but she didn't say so.

"I think," Kwyn said after the long silence, "that porridge is a simple dish, and given the circumstances, anyone who wants it should be able to make it for themselves, don't you? Besides, i think your skills would be wasted on wet oats." As she spoke, she picked up the empty cooking utensils and carried them to the tub of water. They all fit in neatly without overflowing it, and it was light enough for her to pick up without spilling any. Once she was done carrying them, she wiped her brow and pushed a few pale hairs neatly under the cloth that remained tied over her head, concealing the hair bunched on her head. The covering made her look older and more worn, but it was practical, so she had decided to dash the long, pretty locks in favor of practicality. There was a back door to the kitchen, presumably to the outside. She heaved the tub off the floor, her strong arms holding it easily, despite her small size. "Thank you for the meal, Sir," She said with a polite dip of her head, before heading for the back door and swinging it open with her free hand.

She let it shut behind her, and settled on a mossy rock with the tub between her knees, scrubbing the food off the pots and bowls with a rough fabric cloth that she found in the tub, humming as she worked. Hopefully the kitchen would be empty by the time she was finished, and she could sneak up to bed in peace. Despite her taxing day, and the longing that she felt, she hummed a happy tune as she cleaned, sometimes the words to her favorite parts slipping out under her breath, other times the tune faded completely to only the sound of her tapping foot and the chirping of the nighttime critters as they emerged for the evening.

¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤—¤

xxxx

TheArtGoblin's Sidekick

Computerized Sex Symbol

Ikaia shifted, eyes flicking open as he heard a soft sounding voice, ringing like a bell in his ears. He lifted his head just enough to see who it was, and gave a confused look. It was Illia, the young lady who'd introduced herself to him earlier before shyly fleeing from him. She was sweet.
                                                                "Mm. Illia, yes? The formalities are unnecessary here. It makes me feel secluded and elitist. I suppose I've done that to myself though..." he sighed, dropping his head back onto the bed before finally sitting up.
                                                                "May I have a cup?" he indicated the tea, and the table in the corner of his room, inviting her in as he stood.
                                                                "I have a hunch Lillian is likely to be in the library if she is not in her room. I was... Not so kind with her earlier." Ikaia muttered, surprised at himself for admitting such a thing as the maid handed him a petite porcelain cup full of the brewed tea. Ikaia waited for her to pour her own before he spoke again.
                                                                "I should apologize, but yet, I feel the loss of my fiancee so strongly still. As I have right to, its not been more than a month since her passing. But to be told that if the world could be saved by love, that we were doomed. My heart hurts because of love, but it has not made me bitter." he muttered again, staring into the swirling liquid before taking a sip. He wasn't sure if Illia was silent out of respect, or if she had nothing to say, or if he was simply speaking so much that she couldn't. He wasn't used to socialization.
                                                                "I am bitter, however... That there are so many people here that only have the capacities to love themselves. I've seen it so far. Its what breeds wars. Lillian, she... Well, I don't truly think she is that way. She is just..." Ikaia paused, looking to Illia as he realized the sound of his own voice was the only one filling the room. Sighing, he finished the rest of his cup of tea, having cooled just enough.
                                                                "I'm sorry, Illia. I fell asleep with all of this on my mind, and now I'm subjecting you to all of it. Let us take Lillian her tea before it cools too much more. I shall apologize, for it is the..." he trailed off again, looking to the inside of his tea cup.
                                                                Heal. It read in the bottom, made from the tealeaves, giving Ikaia another chill. The Gods were among them. There could be no other explanation...

OOC:: Bah, I'll reel him back into character when he's done swimming and all good and tuckered out.
                  Ikaia's room
                  Alone -- > Illia

Anxious Senshi

User Image
xxxxxAidan·Vitanixxxx
The·Broken·Ballerina

Let us read, and let us dance...

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸➹➷¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Aidan noticed his lack of enthusiasm on the subject of the letter. She wasn't about to question it, she had to admit that the longer she could go without addressing the fact that she was sent there to marry, the better. After all she had little desire to be a married woman. Once married what chances did she have at pursuing her own dreams and goals? The likelihood of being allowed to continue her ways were very slim. Their walk together was rather quiet. It wasn't uncomfortable silence really, she had found with Charles they didn't always need to speak to feel content. Though last they spoke the conversations were very interesting, he had many experiences to share and Aidan found it nice to speak to a fellow traveller.
They eventually found their way to the Library, though it seemed they had been late on getting there. There were many voices speaking from behind the door and much talk of fairy tales. The specific one they spoke of was unsurprisingly familiar to Aidan. Shortly before her accident the young woman had performed in a ballet based off of the twelve Gods and Goddesses. In fact it was the last ballet she had ever performed in. Now it seemed implied them being in the castle had something to with the fairy tale. Of course shortly after they arrived everybody appeared to be exiting the library. She took note of one woman in particular who left in a rush shortly before the others, glancing at Charles she saw his frown. "It is to be expected, do any of us truly want to be here right now? Perhaps there will be a calm after the storm, however I doubt getting there will be easy."
Aidan stood quietly a moment before deciding she didn't feel like dwelling. Instead she entered the library, boldly taking hold of Charles' arm to lead him in behind her. She paused eyes falling upon the rows upon rows of books. It was breathtaking, she had never seen so many books in one place, even with all the estates she had occasionally worked on, this collection was by far the most grand. "Does this place suit your needs Mr. Noble? I'm sure theres more reading here than even you can do in a lifetime." A thought entered Aidan's mind and a slight smile came to her lips. It seemed she made up her mind and still guiding Charles along with her she wandered about exploring the rows of books, gently running her free hand along a few as she read their titles. "Who knows maybe they even have a novel by the great Charles Noble. I must admit even after being interviewed I simply haven't found time to read any of your works. Now is as good a time as any to begin." Aidan spoke in a slightly teasing manner. However it held true, she hadn't even gotten time to read the very novel she had been interviewed for. Before she hadn't even known the name Charles Noble and still she hadn't read his work, even after becoming acquainted with the writer. Eventually she released his arm, and continued to look for a few moments before once again moving from the row. If Charles wished to be alone to look around, Aidan wanted to give him his space, if not he was more than welcome to join her again for the time being. The young woman eventually found herself back near where thy had entered. Something was... different though. It seemed that on one of the tables a book was now sitting where it hadn't been before. How curious. Aidan moved to get a closer look and saw that it was in fact a book written by Charles. She had mostly been joking about finding one of his books, it almost seemed strange that such a modern book would be in such a neglected place. Was it another of the castle's mysteries or perhaps it was something far more reasonable...

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸➹➷¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

...these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.

Company:Charles, Lillian (<-unknown to Aidan)】

【𝑶.𝒐.𝑪:

Shy Muse

User Image

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image

That wasn't supposed to happen.

"No. That certainly was not supposed to happen," Mira told herself out loud as the house continued to fix itself.

She was merely searching through her suitcase for the book her mother left her when she felt the room move as the magic began. She even failed to realize that her clothes vanished from her suitcase and appeared to be neatly folded and hanged on the dresser. But what she didn't fail to notice is the innocent book lying on the edge of the bed.Mira grabbed it and saw a folded letter pressed between the pages of the book.

A smile found its way to Mira's lips when she realized that it was a letter from her parents. As she unfolded the letter, she saw that there was a smaller piece of paper tucked in between it and when she was about to read it, the writing vanished and left nothing of its trace on the now empty piece of paper, "Odd," she said to herself.As if the previous event wasn't odd enough.

Remembering that she has to tell the others about what just happened, she ran out of her room and went down to the main hall where she meet the others hoping to see them still there, but sadly, they weren't. She was alone. Again.

A cold tingling feeling slowly crept up Mira's spine that only vanished when she smelled something heavenly. She followed the source of the smell and found herself inside the kitchen where she saw two stranger eating together.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas