xxxReserved

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
he tory
User Image

wo bands have slowly begun to rise in popularity in the past year. Many of the band members know each other, but other than that, they have little in common. One, Red Robin, is a folk band focused largely on "natural" sound that follows after many of the the traditions of bands such as the Wailin' Jennys and Great Big Sea. The other, Fury, is a rock band heavily inspired by bands such as AC/DC and Guns n' Roses.

o what brought Red Robin and Fury together? Their managers both had the same idea - having a television show would be the perfect way to promote their band. The two managers went back some time, friends since college, and while talking together one day, decided it might be fun to pitch a reality show to television networks: the two bands go on tour and perform shows together, taking turns opening for each other. And a network took to the idea. So now, here they are - two very different bands on the road together. Some are excited, some reluctant, but an adventure awaits.

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
ules
User Image

1. Gaia ToS - Follow them. Obviously.

2. Romance - Encouraged, but if it starts to get graphic or excessive, time skip. Think of this as a pg-15 rp.

3. Cursing - Same as with romance. People curse, so naturally characters will do it. Just keep it tasteful. And make sure the cursing is in character, which leads us to...

4. Respect your fellow rp-ers - No need to curse them out or act catty in OOC, even if your characters don't get along with each other. If there's an issue with a fellow role-player, please do come to me.

5. Interact - If you notice that there's somebody who has nobody to talk to, and you can reasonably move your character into a good position - interact! Nobody likes roleplaying with themselves. Everybody loves having another character approach them, especially if they're struggling to find ways to get involved in the story.

6. Godmoding & Mary Sue-ing - It should be obvious, but avoid it like the plague. Don't control other characters without the relevant role-player's permission and try to avoid unrealistic actions and character traits (e.g an easy mistake to make: having your character anticipate somebody else's thoughts or actions because you, as the writer, know more about what's going on than your character realistically would). Give your character flaws! Make them do something stupid once in a while! Flaws are fun and interesting. Being a Mary Sue or Marty Stu is boring.

7. Profiles - Please pm them to me with the band and the role of the character you want in the title. I'll likely ask you to post it to the profile thread yourself once it's approved, but I want to make sure it's up to snuff and somebody else hasn't already claimed the position (and don't worry, I can work with you if something needs to be changed). And y'know what? Why don't you add this somewhere in your pm, just because I'm obsessed with this emoji: cat_4laugh

8. Reserves - I'm not going to make you do up some fancy reserve profile. I find those things excessive and annoying. However, if you wish to reserve a character, feel free to pm me with the band and position of the character you want. For a reserve, let's put this emoji in the message: cat_pirate

9. Post Decoration - Do it if you want, but there is absolutely no need to make your post excessively beautified. Dear lord, I have seen some serious over-the-top fancy stuff, and please don't kill yourselves just to make pretty posts unless you really want to. The one thing I do ask that you have your character's name at the top. Having a pic is nice, too, but definitely not mandatory, as long as you have a pic in your profile. Please try to avoid font that is below size 11 and colors that are light, bright, and hard to read (e.g. yellow, cyan, even peach).

10. Literacy - No, this rule is not about length (shocker - that's not what literacy means). However, I do ask you to do your best to use good grammar and syntax and use complete sentences. Write like you're writing a short story or a book - txt tlk and *Sam does an action* are distracting and not acceptable. As long as you're doing your best, we all know that typos happen on occasion and that not everybody speaks English as their first language. Just as long as you're clearly putting in a good effort and your posts are easy on the eyes, you're gold.

11. Length - I will ask that you give enough in each post for other people to work off of, but that can change from post to post, and everybody deals with writer's block. So use common sense and good judgement for what qualifies as "long enough" (e.g. obviously more than just two sentences). However, I do ask that you try to avoid writing a novel. Nobody wants to come home at the end of the day to discover they have 10 five-paragraph-long posts to read before they're caught up on the rp. Intro posts may be a bit long out of necessity, but generally speaking, let's say a healthy post is one to three paragraphs long.

12. Absences - If you think you'll need to be gone for more than a couple of days, please pm me. If I don't hear from you for about a week, I'll assume you've gone AWOL and I need to find a replacement for you.

13. Respect All Types - Remember the earlier rule about respect? Well, that goes for everybody, no matter race, gender, sexuality, etc. That goes for both rp-ers and their characters. Most notably for this rp: I expect hope there will be some romance in this rp, and if you have a problem with there being queer romance, this is not the place for you.

14. I am God - Mwahaha. I make the rules, you listen. Easy as that. I will also change the rules as need be, although I will make sure to post something in the OOC thread if changes are made. On that note, though, if you're having any problems, whether it's with another role-player or with the layout of the rp or an issue with being able to post regularly, etc. please do pm me. I can and will help to the best of my ability.

15. Most importantly - have fun!

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
rofiles
User Image

haracters

odes
open - reserved - taken

ed obin

Manager - Mistress Overdone - Siobhan Alva Donnovan
Lead Singer/Guitar Player
Accordion Player/Guitarist/Lead Singer - Mistress Overdone - Crispin Alexis Kedzierski
Violinist - dream angels fire - Giselle Alexandria Damons
Upright Bassist - Meta Magius - Gideon Ezra Seabold
Drummer

Bodyguard - Shats of Basson - Sam K. McDonugh

Groupie/Bus Driver - Sparkli3- Abigale "Abi" Bishop

ury

Manager - Meta Magius - Camden Darius Sicily
Lead Singer - Shats of Basson - Eleanor 'Ellie' Blackwood
Lead Guitar/Backup Singer - leka_liko - Adélaïde Aris Beaulieux
Bass Guitar/Backup Singer - Phoenix347 - Akira Carpere Spade
Drummer
Pianist - xXJadeTheifXx - Alyson Laine Paige

Groupie/Mentor/That-Guy-That-The-Producer-Brought-In - Shats of Basson - Frank E. Horrigan

Bus Driver - Thunderstorm_Dagger - Fay Aris

We may add groupies, if (by some miracle) we get enough role-players to have decent sized bands first. Also, please plot with each other and come up with relationships between members of both bands!

Skeleton:
[imgleft]Picture of character - anime only, please[/imgleft][size=24][color=color2]☽[/color][color=color1]Character[/color][color=color2]✯[/color][color=color1]Name[/color][color=color2]✯[/color][color=color1]Here[/color][color=color2]☾[/color][/size]

[list][b][color=color2]Ⓑ[/color][color=color3]and:[/color][/b] [color=color1](Red Robin or Fury)[/color]
[b][color=color2]Ⓡ[/color][color=color3]ole:[/color][/b] [color=color1](e.g. Manager, Pianist, Violinist, etc.)[/color]

[b][color=color2]Ⓖ[/color][color=color3]ender:[/color][/b] [color=color1](male, female, non-binary...)[/color]
[b][color=color2]Ⓐ[/color][color=color3]ge:[/color][/b][color=color1] (18 - 35)[/color]
[b][color=color2]Ⓢ[/color][color=color3]exuality:[/color][/b] [color=color1](gay/lesbian, straight, bi, ace, etc.)[/color]
[b][color=color2]Ⓢ[/color][color=color3]tory:[/color][/b] [color=color1](Short bio)[/color]

[b][color=color2]Ⓣ[/color][color=color3]alents:[/color][/b] [color=color1](2 - 4. This can include the musical instruments they play for the band.)[/color]
[list][list][color=color2]❧[/color][color=color1][/color]
[color=color2]❧[/color][color=color1][/color]
[color=color2]❧[/color][color=color1][/color][/list][/list]

[b][color=color2]Ⓦ[/color][color=color3]eaknesses:[/color][/b] (At least three things your character is bad at.)

[b][color=color2]Ⓛ[/color][color=color3]ikes:[/color][/b]

[b][color=color2]Ⓓ[/color][color=color3]islikes:[/color][/b]

[b][color=color2]Ⓟ[/color][color=color3]uppeteer:[/color][/b][ color=color1](Your username)[/color][/list]

Sample:
Mistress Overdone
User ImageCrispinAlexisKedzierski

and: Red Robin
    ole: Accordion Player/Backup Singer

ender: male
    ge: 24
    exuality: bi
    tory: Crispin, or "Alex," as his friends call him, first fell in love with music on his grandfather's knee. His grandfather, a Polish immigrant named Aleksy, lived with Alex's parents and would often sing Alex and his sister, Kayla, to sleep when they were children. In many ways, their grandfather raised them, as their father was constantly on business trips and their mother was an army officer who spent long years out of the country.

Alex was never the healthiest child. He had poor vision and dealt with back problems for most of his life, so music wasn't just something he grew up with. It was therapeutic for him. On days when Alex had hospital visits, or when his back was giving him trouble, his grandfather would teach him songs and sing with him, always accompanied by an old accordion that Aleksy had brought with him from Poland.

By age six, Alex was singing in elementary school plays and by age 10 he was taking formal accordion lessons. Even then, he knew that he wanted music to be a big part of his life. He ended up double-majoring in Music Performance and Music Composition in college, where he joined an Irish folk band called the Aos Sì. A talent scout heard the band perform and shortly after graduation, Alex was recruited to play accordion and sing for Red Robin.

When his grandfather died two years ago, Alex inherited his accordion, and to this day, that's the accordion he plays onstage.

alents:
        Playing Guitar
        Singing
        Writing/composing songs
        Drawing & Painting

eaknesses:
        Organization - Alex can be very messy, and often loses things
        Meeting new people - It makes him nervous
        Cooking - Alex is a terrible cook, though not for lack of trying.
        Stubborn & Emotional - Alex has... strong opinions. And lots of them. And he hates losing, even a simple disagreement over what songs to play in a set.

ikes:
        Sweets
        Performing
        Folk Music
        Beating competition

islikes:
        Losing
        Extended conversations with people he doesn't know well
        Silence - even when he's alone, Alex likes to have music playing in the background

uppeteer: Mistress Overdone

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
alendar
User Image

onth
    January Ξ February Ξ March Ξ April Ξ May Ξ June Ξ July Ξ August Ξ September Ξ October Ξ November Ξ December

ay

Ξ 1 Ξ 2 Ξ 3 Ξ 4 Ξ 5 Ξ 6 Ξ 7 Ξ 8 Ξ 9 Ξ 10 Ξ
    Ξ11 Ξ 12 Ξ 13 Ξ 14 Ξ 15 Ξ 16 Ξ 17 Ξ 18 Ξ
    Ξ19 Ξ 20 Ξ 21 Ξ 22 Ξ 23 Ξ 24 Ξ 25 Ξ 26 Ξ
    Ξ27 Ξ 28 Ξ 29 Ξ 30 Ξ 31 Ξ

eather
Phew! It is hot! And perhaps a bit muggy... for Southern California, at least. Perfect day for a swim, though.

pecial otes
First day on the road for the reality show - the bands are meeting up settling in at their first hotel

Fury is rehearsing in their first performance space

Celebrating the aftermath of a great first concert at a beach/spa resort!

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
nnouncements & inks
User Image

inks

OOC Thread Ξ Red Robin Profiles Ξ Fury Profiles

nnouncements

ec. 1 - RP created, accepting profiles
xxxxxxxxx- Profiles fixed to include age

ec. 8 - RP is open for business!

ec. 9 - Blueprint of tour bus added

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
lueprints
User Image

Bus Layout:

User Image

Current Hotel Suites Layout:
(Thank you, Meta Magius)

User Image

Upcoming Spa/Beach Resort Layouts:
(Thanks again to Meta!)

Main Entrance

User Image

Spa Area

User Image

Beach Area

User Image

Rooms

User Image

Questionable Kitten

14,075 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
rt
User Image

❧Unless stated otherwise, all art is courtesy of the amazing leka_liko.

ogos

None yet

erchandise

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

anart & iscellaneous

User Image
Sexy Times with Cam & Siobhan

User Image
Group Picture (finished)

User Image
Group Picture (rough)

User Image
Adélaïde (Addy) and Crispin Alexis (Alex)

User Image
Alyson and Sei by Anglespirit

User ImageAlyson and Sei... in the bath (wink wink, nudge nudge) by ThroneOfImmortals (title modified slightly by Mistress Overdone because, well, c'mon, you can't tell me it's in the bath and then expect me to be mature about it...)

User Image

User Image
Adélaïde (rough sketch) by Mistress Overdone

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out