Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aᴍʙʀᴏsᴇ Gʀᴏɴɴ Gᴀʟʟᴀɢʜᴇʀ
єж-dяagоп яїdёя

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ambrose watched as the attitudes in the room shifted somewhat upon his arrival. Iced blue gaze once more drifted over each individual, gauging their reactions and how they seemed to carry themselves. For the most part it appeared that his presence caused discomfort or even irritation. Good. He didn't want any of them thinking that he was there to be their friend. Perhaps a good portion of the discomfort was because he was simply who he was. Ambrose was a hard reminder to all dragon riders, present and future, of what it meant to be bonded with their dragons. If they were uncomfortable because of what he had gone through and struggled with every day for the last fifteen years it was likely a sharp jab to the fear that all riders felt lingering in their guts at all times; that one day one of them, dragon or rider, would die and the other would be left alone to the consequences.

His attention was pulled back to the she-elf (now with her legs draped over the table like she owned the damned inn) as she addressed his question and confirmed she was a rider. His only reaction was a slight nod in her direction, nothing more than to show he heard her and recognized her answer. So, that made two riders so far. Again, he was pondering silently why the present dragon was on the other elf's shoulders in such a small form, but it was likely his quandary would be answered soon. The boy and girl were probably fresh out of the academy and excited for nothing more than the idea of a firebond.

As the drow entered and seemed to address everyone, Ambrose gave a shrug and a short grunt. The only reason he could even say his face was familiar was because he was a drow, and coming across a drow without killing him or her was rare for Ambrose. Other than that the drow was just that, a drow. He just wanted to address what they were doing and send everyone to bed; he wasn't here to get to know everyone's names and share stories around a campfire. However, just as he was about to speak, it seemed the dainty elf girl had a word (or paragraph or two) to spout at the dark elf.

As she carried on Ambrose could only feel his spine begin to itch more and more with irritation. Starting with the way she glanced his direction, making his brow lower just slightly in response. Hey, he didn't want to be here either, so that made two of them. But as she carried on he felt the need to walk out the door and leave them behind for good growing.
                      So, not only was a member of royal elven family on this voyage, but she was a damn cripple? What was she going to do if Malazan had to fly off all of a sudden? Dragons and Riders were already so dependent on each other, but these two were sharing their sight. If he'd have been present at the meetings to hear about this alone he would have laughed and quit before he began.

The Princess continued to preach and he resigned himself to leaning against the wall. At some point the Drow seemed to question about a plan in his general direction, but he couldn't get a damn word in with the elves chatting away about -- whatever the hell -- politics and titles and everything else Ambrose didn't give a damn about. The warrior straightened from his place, ready to tell the girl to take a damn breath for half a second, but at that moment she looked ready to faint and the dragon took over for her. Admittedly, he was much more ready to listen to the dragon.

As Malazan spoke of the Necromancer and his beast the leather and fabric binding Ambrose's hands creaked slightly, his fists clenching hard under his crossed arms. Jaw tightening, his gaze dropped slowly, only to snap back up at the mention of Terari. His heart stung and his soul ached, but he remained steadfast, nodding silently in thanks to her condolences. Still, as Eleniel spoke, Ambrose wondered how much they had seen. He wondered if, perhaps, what had killed Terari was the necromancer himself, or maybe even the beast.
                      He'd have to ask about it later -- that is, if ever Princess quieted down long enough for him to get the chance. It seemed she was giving orders and plans, too. His head rolled to the side just slightly, gaze glaring holes out of the nearest window. And here he thought that's what he was here. Was he just sticking around to be a constant cautionary tale to these brats or what?

He elected to ignore whatever words came next, because it was all likely "rest well, hard travel ahead, you're apprentices so you probably never walked more than a mile, blah blah". Rest wasn't really something he needed, right now. However, he did look up as Princess made her leave, raising a brow as she spoke to the other elf woman.
                      "If anyone would like to call me an a**, do so in common tongue. My ears aren't tender to harsh words."
                      He said loudly, both to the exiting Eleniel and the Elf Woman. He had heard his named, recognized a few words, and definitely heard a**, so he was almost sure he just got called an a**. With an agitated sigh he rolled his shoulders slightly, making to leave the room as well.
                      "With her around who needs me?"
                      His feet carried him with swift, heavy steps out of the inn, not sparing a glance or word to any he may have passed.

He only stopped when he was outside, a fair distance from the Inn, and turned to watch the Princess from a distance. He saw the small form of Malazan rise into the air and soon take her full form. Even from some distance the wind from her beating wings brushed over the village, and he closed his old eyes as the cold air washed over him, remembering the same sensation from Terari. Her distant roar resonated for a good while, and he felt a heavy sense of melancholy weighing on his shoulders. Ambrose remained in his spot a short while, until his eyes could no longer locate Malazan's vanishing form in the night skies. Once gone, he turned and began to walk. It would be good to check out any extra supplies, and even though the Drow was supposedly scouting a way ahead, Ambrose would prefer to do that as well.
                      He wasn't trusting the path of his journey ahead to some dark elf.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
location: laughing fox, back room || with: nobody, just the damn way he likes it || ooc: hguhuhhu long posts xD probably can ignore this tbh since it's just Ambrose angsting loudly at the elves ||

Eloquent Lover

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAℓιεяα xCąτєяιηαxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Summary: Aliera moved her attention around several times before the meeting ended. As she was trying to 'get away' she runs into Ambrose
Wear: Aliera's Choice
OOC: Hope this was worth the wait

When Ambrose didn't respond to her after a few moments she averted her attention to the window. The storm seemed to of grown more fierce since she entered the Inn. The she-elf watched the droplets that moved down the window. She could imagine the joy that Avrae was experiencing. Being an aquatic dragon, Aliera knew her companion was made for the water. It was truly unfortunate that they lived so far inland. For a moment, Aliera considered moving out near the coast. It would take some getting used to, that is for sure. There wouldn't be much use to being a wolf down by the ocean. Her train of thought was quickly interrupted by Avrae's scolding, motherly one. 'I am perfectly fine living in the forest. My food source can't outrun me. Beside that, you help find food for us both, just as I do. I would take you from the cabin either. So put all these silly thoughts and worries from your mind.' A soft smile lighted on Aliera's face If there was anyone she could count on, it was Avrae. Most rider could say that about their dragons though couldn't they? It didn't really matter though, what did matter is that she could say it.

'Are you enjoying the down pour at least? Seems like you needed more rain than what the sky was providing.' Aliera teased through their mental link. 'This isn't me, but it certainly isn't natural. There is another dragon near though. I believe he might be the source of the change. I'm not complaining though.' Aliera could feel Avrae's amusement before an image appeared across their mental link. A black dragon was flying through the air seemingly enjoying the storm just as much as Avrae. This must be the drow's dragon bond Aliera thought to herself.

Her attention was pulled back to the little inn room where their mission was supposed to behind. This group of six was the beginning. If she was going to be honest, Aliera was very glad she was one of the bonded. Conversation was very little thought the few that had arrived, but at least the bonded had someone to interact to Ambrose. He will always be considered a rider in her mind. But his mind is quiet died to the lack of his dragon. The drow's voice broke her thought process and redirected her attention to him and the princess. She watched as he teased the girl of her title. It visibly irritated Eleniel but she handled herself with poise, as was expected of a royal. The typical thing of a fellow elf would be to stand up for the princess and defend her honor against the dark elf. Unfortunately, the princess had been called to this meeting just like the rest of them. Therefore, she was here as an equal and not a royal. Before Eleniel was able to respond to the dark elf's teasing, he introduced himself as Atreus, and told what he was good at. 'Go figure he is good with poisons...' Aliera thought before she could stop herself. Though she didn't automatically hate the drow, she didn't immediately like him either. The only knowledge she has of his people were bad. Aliera didn't want to judge before getting to know the man. The thought of her already ill feelings toward Ambrose caused her to return her gaze to the man, who continued to brood over in a corner.

Loxias' sudden outburst broke her gaze once again from the older human. Aliera watched the human boy with a bored expression, listening to him mumble into his cup about how he realized something. The bar maid that had been assigned to care for the group was doing a great job at keeping the glasses full; including her own. Aliera had never conveyed the fact she hadn't wanted anymore. With a shrug, Aliera tilted the cup back against her lip and chugged half the glass quickly. Since Ambrose and Atreus hadn't been in the room when she revealed her name, she guessed it was only fair to do so again. "As said before, I'm Aliera. Specialty is archery. I have the power to shift my form. Tracking is also something that comes naturally at this point."
                                                                          Aliera figured she would leave out what she actually shifts into for the time being. After finishing her introduction, she chugged the last half of the glass. Her frustration with this group was beginning to get to her. The sudden intake of the alcohol caused her to be slightly dizzy. It was a bit lucky for her, since Eleniel began her speech. A little over a half of the princess' words were fuzzy, but she didn't need to understand every word to know that the princess was upset.

A sigh just about escaped her lips, something made Eleniel's next word catch in her throat. This stutter and the look of horror upon the royal elf's face perked Aliera's interest. She rested her feet back to the ground and leaned in, tilting her head in confusion as to what was going on. Her buzzed state caused her to not realize that Ambrose had nodded in her direction. Aliera had made the decision to go find out what was wrong with Eleniel just as the small golden dragon commanded their attention. Settling back into her seat, she listened to the comforting words of Malazan. The dragon explained the mission long enough for Eleniel to regain her composure. The princess finished her speech off in a few more sentences, then began to take her leave. Before actually exitting the room, she requested the eyes of Loxias, then approached Aliera. At first, Aliera didn't know how to respond besides to stare directly at the little elf. Eleniel placed her hand upon Aliera's shoulder before giving her a small personal speech. She counselled Aliera to give Ambrose a chance before passing more judgement. A nod was all Aliera could muster in response as the princess took her leave. Ambrose took his leave shortly after, following quickly behind the royal elf. He spouted off as a child who was upset that he didn't understand what was being said. Aliera rolled her eyes and sent a silent prayer for patience with the stubborn man.

Avrae continued to fly through the clouds that rumbled and poured down it's living water. There was almost anything that compared to the feeling of water against her hide. She flew high into the sky before folding in her wings close to her body and began to dive. The thrill of the current situation made her feel as if she was a hatchling once more. The dragon extended her wings and soared around the village, slightly paying attention to the "meeting" that Aliera was attending. It would seem that everyone was taking their leave at that time though. Avrae circled around the lower half of the village giving the black dragon enough birth. Not that she was afraid of her own kind, but rather just out of respect of each other's flying space. In moment, a small golden spot transformed into a large dragon. It was amazing sight, even for herself. Avrae bowed her head slightly in respect to the older dragon. Her eyes caught sight of the human male known as Ambrose making his way towards the woods. Avrae descended and landed near the man. He was close to the woods seemingly already on a mission. Though, he didn't seemed bothered by the rain, Avrae extended her wing out to shelter him in his last trek to the tree line. Lowering her large head, walking along side the human male, Avrae began to address him in common tongue. "Hello, I am Avrae. I'd first like to offer my condolences for your lose, Ambrose. It isn't easy to lose your bonded let alone survive it oneself. Please forgive Aliera, or if anything cut her some slack. She hasn't grown up in any type of example as to how to correctly treat others, and that expands to all races."

Aliera exited the Inn in time to see the amazing display of Malazan become her full size. She watched the golden dragon in awe for several moments. Though the warmth from the Inn had dried her completely, the heavier rain drenched her again, but she didn't particularly mind since this wouldn't be her form for much longer. Tearing her gaze from the golden dragon, Aliera began to look for her own blue dragon. It took a few moments before assessing that Avrae was no longer in the sky. Aliera wasn't truly worried about this fact. Avrae was still a wild animal and wasn't expected to linger in one spot for too very long. The pale haired elf reached for Avrae with their mental connection and found the dragon quickly. With this link, the female elf was able to locate Avrae near the forest line. As she approached Avrae, she wondered why the dragon had her wing extended out. Aliera figured she would find out momentarily. The female elf began to undo the quick clasp that fastened between her breast. This single clasp it was held the top part of her armor together and on her body. Ducking under Avrae's wing, Aliera was in the process of shedding her top whenever she spotted Ambrose. The normal response from most females would be to hurriedly dress themselves or at least make sure their precious mounds were covered. Not Aliera. Naked was natural to her and she only dressed to go into town. She had found on early on in her years at the academy that in towns, it wasn't appropriate for people to run around with their unmentionables out. This time though, her top piece of armor hadn't been removed enough for anything to of fallen too much out of place. Aliera didn't re-clasp the armor and rather let it hang loosely on her torso. The armor hung openly slightly in the middle were the clasp would normally be together. The shifter didn't realize that her outfit hadn't left a good impression of her to the others. Of course, they didn't know how annoying deciding whether she wanted to shed armor, or continually buy new ones.

Golden eyes bore into the back of the man's head. She took this time to noticed that even in his old age, he still walked as a young man. He was also almost a full foot taller than her. It also crossed her mind that she wanted to know what the two had been talking about before her arrival. He didn't seem to notice her presence. The thought of shifting and then approaching him amused her, but she didn't want to frighten him and start a fight. Hopefully, there would be a time for her to shift soon though. She walked along with Avrae and Ambrose, keeping under the dragon's sheltering wing. One of Avrae's eyes met with her own golden ones. It wasn't subtle that Avrae wanted Aliera to try and mend what, if any, damage she had done. With a sigh, Aliera racked her brain for something to say to the human. Figuring mentioning his lose would be too cliche for him to hear at this point, Aliera went with the next best thing.

"You shouldn't assume that the princess was speaking ill of you." Aliera spoke a little louder than normal as to speak over the weather.That's how people start a conversation, right?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blessed Waffles

I'm scared that you'll compare and I'll look a lifetime past repair
I second guess myself to death, I re-solicit every step
What if my words are meaningless? What if my heart's misleading this?
I try to capture every moment as it comes to me
Bottle up the memories and let them keep me company
User Image

—¤÷(` ȺυʀɑʟɪεȠεsτɑɃεѻυʟѵε ´)÷¤—

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Ahhh.~"
The content Auralie had was heard aloud quietly as she shifted in her seat resting her hand on her stomach. She hadn't realized how hungry she actually had been and practically wolfed down her meal. In, polite manners nonetheless. This morning before dawn even broke was when the girl set off to the Laughing Fox. The young apprentice had chosen that hour so that along the way she could truly get a feel for the world and have the chance to collect any herbs and ingredients. She had collected plenty, but her most recent were the two leaves of a plant that had remedy like qualities.
Auralie rested back against the chair letting her eyes close. It was when Atreus actually introduced himself that her pale-pink lashes parted to reveal the orbs behind. The mixed hues of blue and purple watched as the Dark Elf continued on to ask about the plan the group had. He even added that if anyone needed some poison, he was who to turn to. She supposed that was just part of his personality, but wasn't entirely sure. She never really understood the differences between the Elves and the Dark Elves. Aesthetically, she saw differences. And she guessed she understood some personality traits. But in the end, weren't they the same thing? Magical folk. Albeit she also had learned that the Drow were considered far more evil. But to the human girl, what was worse? A "Dark" elf, or an Orc?
"Shouldn't we wait for the others?" Her question was simple and carried no hint of argument, but the wonder was still there.
Dismissing her thoughts she watched as Ambrose shrugged a response to the question and really seemed like he cared naught for the party. When a sudden exclamation was heard she looked towards Loxias.

"I got it!"

He had shouted, or said it really loud. Either way, it caused the corners of her lips to pull up and a bit of laughter to leave them. It doubled when he murmured into the cup of having remembered something. She covered her mouth to quiet her chuckles. The weather had worn the girl down and the clash of a belly with warm food and drink to the temperature not just outside of the tavern caused her to be a little more.. childish. In spite of her amusement she regained herself so as not to further make a fool of herself.

It was then that the she felt the energy in the room shift. Eleniel had poised herself and was speaking. She spoke of what the council had said, that there wasn't exactly a plan, that this mission was suicidal.
Auralie's eyes grew cold.
"I think we all know that. When the council informed the school, we were also informed of what was to come. We knew what this meant, and we know now still. It's not like we didn't have the choice to come or not. We could of ignored this. You..." She paused when Eleniel mentioned Malazan's thoughts of being kinder with her words. It put the faintest hint of a smile on the young woman's face but she pressed on. "...I thank you, for being so blunt.. Eleniel, right? And I thank you too, Malazan, if I may call you that ma'am. But... I'm sure Loxias even might agree that we chose to come to help the current riders, the dragon kins, and the world become a better... less threatened place. We knew coming into this, we might die. We might not get far. We may never find a firebond."

In spite of the aspect of death, Auralie put a true smile on her face. She remained quiet though, her expression growing worried when Eleniel seemed caught in a memory. It was when Malazan began to speak that her expression returned to neutrality. When Malazan's head shifted in their direction, Auralie meet the dragon's gaze. It wasn't until Malazan directed her attention to Ambrose that the young human girl felt a wave of anxiety rush over her. She was just apologizing and giving her regards to the older rider, but still, the tension over something that close made her gut churn. But, he remained quiet. Gave a nod of thanks but his lips remained shut tight. It made Auralie bite her own.

And then the meeting was practically over! Eleniel was almost out the door with words exhanged to the barmaid, after having directed they either rest up or bide their time for their mission began in the morning. She paused to speak something to Aleira, then exited with Loxias behind. Ambrose had shouted something about being called an a** and exited without so much of a glance to anyone or a notion. Aleira followed afterwards leaving Auralie and Atreus in the room. Blinking, and realizing this, Auralie looked over towards the pale skinned dark elf. After what seemed like a moment, she spoke out.
"So... poisons huh?"

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me
I don't dare let darkness have its way with me
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight
I will not be giving in tonight

User ImageUser ImageUser Image 2GP, 13SP, 63CP
OOC: I hope this isn't too much of a summary e.e;;;; !

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Grimmere
User Image
Atreus nearly spoke up again when the princess claimed they were more or less the same. his eyes landed upon Eleniel as he prepared to make some sadistic comment. He had no choice but to be defined as 'the big bad dark elf'. No one ever really gave him any other chances. This was the first one he had had in a while, which Grim had to sternly remind him. Don't. Grimmeres heavy, low voice even sounded argivated even in Drows mind. Just leave it Drow.

...Fine. Shrugging it off, Atreus went back towards the corner, leaning by the window as the lightning outside occasionally lit him up so people could see him better. As the princess continued to speak, Drow almost cracked a smile as he gave a small chuckle as she mentioned the words 'suicide mission'. At least she was blunt. it was usually him that told everyone the cold hard facts they didn't want to hear, though that was mainly because he didn't care about their feelings. hell half the time he didn't even realise if he was acting cruel. most of the time he didn't care. It was the reason he got kicked out of the academy. well...that and a few other reasons.

Eleniel continued to address them all, and as she spoke, things began to become clear to him. He began to get a feeling as to why he was chosen for this task. It could well be his flying capabilities and his notorious ferosity in battle...or it could be his connection to dark magic, that the beast was apparently made of. It made sense. out of everyone who could possibly know about dark magic, it would be him. He'd been attuned to dark magic naturally since he was a baby, but wasn't permitted to use it. It didn't mean he didn't know how to though. Eleniel handed him an elven cloak as she mentioned how it would shield him from the elements. He never really got bothered by a bit of rain, but he took it as almost an act of good faith, even if he did snatch it from her hands. "I can't sleep. might be a drow thing, could be my healing factor or connection to dark magic. Who knows. Either way, I may as well scout. Otherwise I'll just be mixing toxins all night."

it wasn't long until everyone had left now. Ambrose staggered out after one little mention of someone insulting him. Evidently he couldnt take it as well as him. Drow was far too used to people thinking he was an a**. Loxias and Eleniel had headed out aswell, followed by The other she elf, Aliera. It was just him and the other apprentice now in a silent room. She attempted to communicate with him although her only way of doing that was repeating what he had already said. "Yes...poisons." he pushed himself away from the corner once more, and grabbed an ale from the table that the barmaid had left. "Needing to add some bite to your blade?" He approached the girl as he looked her up and down, judging her figure and how well she may be able to handle a blade. by the looks of things, she used daggers like him."works well with blade dancing. my speciality is also aerial fighting. pays to know your allies strengths."

Silvanius's Queen

Naughty Wife

8,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

Eleniel had glanced back in the direction Ambrose was when he gave the little outburst of being called an a** and rose a small eyebrow before turning to leave, suppressing the small chuckle. So the man was still sensitive in some regards? Here she thought he was void of any emotions outside 'cold'. Not that getting annoyed with picking up on the word 'a**' and his response weren't much further from him just being a gruff 'old' man. As she had walked down the hallway to the front of the door her hearing had picked up on his comment and it made her sigh softly to her own internal thoughts. Old habits died hard, she guessed? She was raised to be able to speak to a room of gathered folk. As the only child to her father and mother before her mother's death it would one day fall upon her shoulders to marry and lead her people. If she lived that long, anyways. That train of thought led her back around in a circle to the Necromancer as she exited the building to wait for Loxias.

It was true she didn't know a lot about what they were getting themselves in terms of surviving the harsh weather said to grace the North. Temperatures that were known to get at least ten times colder then the in the south where Nethlhindornien resided. Winds that could cut through everything it touched and chill you to the bone. No, in terms of being entirely ready for the land that lay before them, Eleniel was not as versed as others, but she could tell them what she had seen, and might potentially see in the future, about the Necromancer. Like it or not, she was now linked to the b*****d thanks to his curse. A thought that had had her free had clench as Malazan took to the air. She could feel the wind from her wings blow across her face and it was almost like in an instant she stopped worrying about the Necromancer and just enjoyed the feeling. She missed being able to see what she could only feel and hear now.

When she was in her own world of darkness her hearing always excelled higher to compensate, but it still wasn't the same hearing the wings beat or the roar as it was to see. Eleniel remembered the first time she had seen Malazan in person and not just through their mental link. It had been absolutely breathtaking. The sun had begun to set and as it played off her scales it almost made it look like she was made of molten gold; far more beautiful then even the finely crafted blades of her people. It really had been a beauty to see. If she closed her eyes she could still remember that first meeting, as if the color was permanently embedded into her mind. It was a bittersweet memory, though. They said you didn't realize just what you had till it is taken away and it was moments of remembering seeing Malazan that were the hardest on her for coping with no longer having sight. It was what caused a couple stray tears to escape from her eyes and mix with the rain on her face as she stood there for a minute.

Even after Malazan was gone she stood there with her face staring up as if she was watching her dragon fly off. Sure, she missed being able to see where she was walking on her own or to watch the sun gleam off her blade as she practiced or even seeing her reflection in the mirror after her hairdresser finished doing her hair up elegantly for a ceremony, even if that did sound vain. Yes, she missed all the little details like that, but Eleniel truly missed seeing her lifetime companion in all her glory. The thought she might very well never get the chance to see Malazan again was a little heart wrenching, but dwelling on such thoughts wouldn't do anyone any good. If anything it would only cause Malazan worry and a worried Malazan mixed with an Eleniel that didn't want to talk about it often resulted in an irritated and twitch ancient dragon. Never really a good combination in all honestly, even if the two were inseparable, in many ways, and best friends despite it all. Sometimes their relationship was much like an older and younger sister or even mother and daughter.

Eleniel sigh as her thoughts faded away like Malazan's retreating form and she turned to where she had heard Loxias stop near her and held out the cloak. "It's of Elven make from my home, it will help repel at least some of nature's elements." She explained, happy to be able to comfortably speak in her native tongue since upon the boy's introduction she had learned he knew the language. "I haven't personally tested it against the cold that comes with snow, but we'll be able to try that out soon enough." Just the thought of the alleged snow and temperatures that could come with it had her shivering slightly and craving the warmth of home, but she kept the thought to herself as she then took Loxias' arm with a smile gracing her face. "So, Loxias, why don't you tell me a little about yourself as we head over to the town's stables? Anything I don't already know from the Council about your work at the academy and your father. Both of which have reputation in their own ways." She asked, giving both the direction she wished to go for him to walk her to as well as laying the conversation down for him to potentially tell her a little about why she had been so shocked to see him. Eleniel hadn't heard about Hana marrying and having kids, but then again the woman had kinda disappeared after resigning from her position as the family guard when her mother was killed. She often wondered if guilt for her mother's death was something both Hana and her shared in common as they carried it on their shoulders. Before she jumped to asking question about Hana, though, Eleniel had to determine if this boy was somehow related to the old family friend. It could just be coincidence that the boy have feature akin to Hana's.

User Image
Current Cloak (there is a large hood attached to the collar not shown here) & Clothing

Melodious Prophet

8,425 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
                                  ::================================>>

User Image

What else could possibly go wrong? It seemed like forever since the young girl had left her family and now, here she was...in the woods. It was raining...it was windy...it was cold! She paused mid-step and threw her hands up in the air "Really?!" She cried out, looking towards the sky. She had left in a hurry and she had not brought a cloak, she didn't bring much food either. She stomped her foot in a childish manner and sighed, dropping her head. She was wet...very wet. She crossed her arms again to suppress a shiver. Surly her destination was getting close...right? She glanced around, the rain had become a bit heavier causing a fine fog to settle under the trees.

She sighed heavily and began to trudge onward once more. The hunters cottage she had come across told her that it was just a few miles northward but it sure did feel like it had been a lot longer than that. Luckily as a dwarf the few supplies that she did carry did not feel like much weight, not even the large hammer strapped to her back. She felt an urgency to hurry to the destination but the fact it was beginning to turn dusk was not helping matter. She began to panic slightly, what if they were gone? What if the meeting was over? what if she missed them all ready? She didn't like those thoughts swimming in her head. She had been informed the meeting would be tonight, and surly they wouldn't leave at dark, that was just asking for trouble!

It was many minutes later before she noticed a glow through the fog. She paused and looked at it, blinking slightly as rain blurred her vision. Was that...the inn? She couldn't say for sure but she sped up her pace to almost a jog. As she closed in on the building she realized it for what it was. "Shelter!" She cried loudly and gleefully. As she reached the door her foot found a puddle and caused her feet to slid out from under her in which she promptly fell on her butt. She sat a moment stunned, the door right within reach. She frowned and looked around, rain still pouring on her head before she slapped her hands in the puddle. "Touche..." She muttered before climbing back to her feet. Her glee had now rapidly subsided and she, with slumped shoulders, stepped inside covered in mud and soaking wet.

Stepping inside, she was greeted by curious gazes and a nice warm fire on the other side of the room. The fire was much more appealing, however her gaze did not seek that either. She bit her bottom lip and tossed her head to get her wet bangs from her eyes. She didn't see anyone who would look like dragon riders or apprentices. She frowned slightly and stepped over to the counter, "Excuse me, i'm looking for a man named..umm..Ambrose?" She asked. The barkeep stared at her, obviously not used to seeing a dwarf. She got a bit irritated as he sized her up and she puffed up her cheeks and glared at him. He didn't notice and simply stated, 0]]"I think he left already". Her eyes widened, "Surely not!" She exclaimed in horror. Did she walk all this way just to miss them? She frowned irritated. ]"You need a room?" He asked. She simply glared at him, "No!" She spat, "I need to find the dragon riders!". She crossed her arms and huffed slightly before he pointed toward a backroom, "I think some are still back there." He stated in a rather bored tone.

Celtica sighed and glanced toward the back room. She could make out the flicker of a fire, but over the noise of the main room she couldn't tell much more than that. She hurriedly bee lined straight towards the back room and walked in the room, not even thinking she could easily be interrupting something. There were two people in the room, a girl and a guy. She didn't bother with the details as she hastily asked, "Are you two part of the academy?". Her eyes widened and sparkled with hope.

x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x

Where:An Inn
                                  With:
                                  atreus
                                  ShadowOkamii

Feeling:Hungry and late
                                  OOC:yay! first post! biggrin

<<=======================================::

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Prince Wilhelm Forger

Fate is coming, that I know.
Time is running, got to go.
Faith is coming, that I know.
Let it go.
Here right now
Under the banner of heaven , we dream out loud
Do or die, and the story goes
On...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wilhelm looked up towards the rain, blue eyes narrowing slightly at the fading sun. It was still lightly drizzling and had been most of the day. The rain mostly ignored him thanks to some minor will power, but thanks to that he was starting to get a pounding headache. About ten minutes later, he just late the rain fall and soon, he was soaked through. Wool didn't do well with water. He'd learned that quite young. Now he was regretting his wool cloak. He should have done a cotton one, or maybe a silk one. 'Shut up, you're being the Prince, not the Rider,' he scolded himself. Wilhelm had kicked most of his childhood habits, but sometimes they still tried to creep back. Most of his fellow apprentices thought he was the son of a wealthy merchant or maybe a knight. He let them think that.

Wilhelm lightly urged his horse as he saw the town ahead. Was this the right one? He'd stopped in the wrong town earlier and spent nearly an hour going around asking for the Laughing Fox. Even though he'd wasted time there, he had managed to get a nice treat before he'd left. Honeynut treats were delicious, especially when they were still warm. His horse had appreciated the break too.

Still, he was glad to finally see another town. This one looked nicer than the previous one, sporting a rather large two story inn. This had to be it. He pushed back his hood slightly, looking for a sign. There! The Laughing Fox. He smirked slightly to himself, thinking of some of his academy friends. They'd joke the place was just right for him and his fiery red hair. Fox, indeed.

After handing off his horse to a stableboy, along with a gold coin (the stableboy had nearly fainted), he headed inside. Pushing his hood back, Wilhelm looked around. Certainly a nice enough inn. The place smelled wonderful and the people seemed jolly enough. Wilhelm looked around for the man in charge. He saw all the various waiters, but not the inn keeper. Wilhelm took a moment to head over to the fire while he waited for the inn keeper to appear. He set down his bag and settled down, ordering a plate of steamed pork and sharp cheese.

It was only after a good five minutes that he noticed a dwarf over at the counter speaking with the innkeeper. His ears perked up at the mention of 'riders and apprentices', and a panic rose over him. s**t! He was really late! He'd wanted to be there that morning so he could meet the others! Wilhelm grabbed his bag and hurried to the back room, rushing in without a second thought and nearly slamming into the dwarf. He managed to dance around her without falling over, "Riders, right? Hello, Wilhelm here, I'm not late am I?" he blinked and looked around the room.

The two other people in the room were a human and... a 'drow' if he remembered correctly. Wilhelm slumped slightly, arching his eyebrow, "Ah...sorry, don't think I've met either of you?" He realized quite suddenly how he must look. He was still soaking wet, his red hair disheveled and sticking to his forehead. His boots were caked with slowly drying mud and his sheathed were just as dirty. "I'm Wilhelm Forger, one of the apprentices? I already said that didn't I? Anyway, I was sent here to assist with things."

Eloquent Lover

User Image
User Image
                                                                  The day had begun to beautifully. A clear and nice day, as only fall can bring. The colors of the leaves changing and even the bare bark of some trees all made for amazing scenery. The sun was still able to produce a significant amount of warmth as well. This fact was very surprising with it begin so late in the year. At the base of a mountain a female dark elf laid on her side next to a naked man. Her eyes roamed over his body, taking his beauty. She wasn't always picky, but last night, she needed someone strong to feed her inner hunger. The dark elf's own bare body was pressed against the human males. Her eyes finally made their journey to below his waist. Even in his current unconscious state, his body still reacted as most males would in the morning time. Though it was becoming afternoon time at this point; the two of them had had a long night. Her mind began to roam of all the excitement she had felt with this man. What's his name? Hell if she could remember, but it wasn't truly needed in meetings as theirs. Her hand began to reach out to start it all over again, but three little eight legged creatures stopped her.

It seemed to be the norm that when spiders were around, they were either smashed, sent people running, or both. The female didn't show any of these reactions though. The hand that she had heading south on the man froze in place for a few moments as she stared at the arachnids that had placed themselves on the man's chest. Their tickling feet didn't seem to wake him from his deep slumber. She replaced her hand in front of the spiders, which proceeded to climb into her palm. The creatures were larger than a normal forest spider. They all wouldn't fit in her hand, so as she sat up, one of the spiders moved itself up her arm a bit. The spiders just stared at her as she stared right back at them. Standing, she moved away from the man who continued to sleep, even rolling over to account for her movement. Her eyes glanced around only to find the fabric she had adorned as "clothing" ripped and tossed to the side. With a shrug, the female grabbed the cloak which had belonged to the human. Sliding the cloak onto her shoulders, she made her way further into the forest. This sight wasn't something she wanted to male to see. Not caring much for his feelings, but rather the fact he had been a terrific lover, and she mind want to partake again in the future.

Once a distance was placed between her and the human male, the dark elf whispered a spell over the spiders. The instant the spell took hold, the spiders began to speak. Their speech was raspy and soft, but the dark elf caught every word.
                                                                  "Gathering!" exclaimed the colorful spider. (Right Top)
                                                                  "There is a gathering." Spoke the green tinted one. (Right Botttom) "Riders and young"
                                                                  The larger, plain brown spider (Left) pulsed up at the green on explaining out of turn. The green spider lowered itself and moved up the dark elf's arm away from the brown one.
                                                                  "Riders and young, yes. Plan to seek out the master." Confirmed the brown spider. "A few humans.."
                                                                  "Few orcs and dwarves"
                                                                  "A few elves. Even a male dark elf."
                                                                  The girl arched one of her eye brows at this news. Could it be?
                                                                  "Aye Mistress..."
                                                                  "It is the offspring."
                                                                  The large brown pulsed up once again for his last bit of news. "Meeting at Laughing Fox in a week's time."

With a nod, the dark elf silenced the arachnids and let them crawl off of her back into the forest. A meeting eh? This, she needed to see. The dark elf whistled into the depth of the forest. For several minutes the only answer was silence. Waiting patiently paid off soon, as a grotesque feline like animal sprang from the forest. The creature growled lowly as is circled once. The creature was at least twice the size of any mountain lion. After a staring contest, the animal backed down, and lowered its head. An evil grin played upon her lips. The female placed herself upon the creatures back, her bare skin against the scale like hide. Her fingers curled into the fur mane, before giving the feline a nudge with her heels. The creature roared before taking off full speed. It had been several years since she saw the little one. He wasn't little anymore though and wouldn't be long before he would meet his dear mother, The Dark Weaver.

~Time Skip~

Morilia had little need for sleep these days. She had arrived to the town the day before. The ride here had been hard, but the only one that was tired was her dear pet. The dark weaver had set up her waiting spot couple hundred feet from the town. When the night had come, her boredom was catching up with her. The town was very tempting, and she wanted some type of entertainment. The dark elf was able to control her urges though. She didn't need any rumors starting up about her before the group showed up. Going on the second day, Morilia began to grow impatient. The wind picked up a bit around the afternoon, causing the tree that she sat in to slightly lean. Not worried by the weather, her dark eyes continued to bore into the town. Several more hours passed bringing a light rain with it. The wind picked up again, blowing her cloak to the side. Her bare body was exposed to the elements but at this point, she was more annoyed than anything about it. She pulled the fabric close again and held it tightly, even placing the hood over her head. Not worrying about the cold, or the water against her skin, she didn't want the billowing cloak to give away her position. Just as the dark weaver had decided to leave and not worry about this silly group, a girl arrived into town.

The girl was covered in her cloak, but the gold dragon that was wrapped around her neck even from this distance, was easily to spot and recognize. Malazan’ so that must make the female Elenial, an elf princess. The grin that was produced by the sight of Malazan only grew more sinister with the discovery of the princess. How very interesting that the elven race would risk their precious princess in such a dangerous journey. The girl had proven amazing with the sword she carried with her, but since the Master’s curse had robbed her of sight, Morilia wondered how well the girl’s fighting skills were. Several others filed into the building a few minutes after each other. The dragon riders were easy to spot, but they were already listed in order of importance. Atreus or Drow, as he has been named was the last rider to arrive to the meeting. The last rider who actually had a dragon anyway. A chuckle escaped her dark lips as Ambrose, the old rider, walked into the Inn. This was the band that the Elders had assembled to face the Master, let alone her or all the plans she had for them? Dark Weaver had just about a full week to plan out troubles and torments for this group and from what she could see, to create turmoil would almost be too easy. As the group met, Morilia’s followed the two dragons that were in the sky. She knew the black dragon as her son’s bonded. Her attention was mainly on him to see the strength that Atreus attracted. Her chest puffed a bit in pride as she wanted to boast how he was a product of her power. Next she studied the blue dragon who flew about seeming to enjoy the current weather.

The dragons held her attention while the group met, and she estimated that both dragons would be a very nice addition… Though the rain had increased, it didn't stop the mixed to group to return to the outdoors. Elenial was the first to emerge and allow Malazan to return to her full size. The next to leave the inn was one of the human boys fresh from the academy. An angry looking Ambrose emerged next and stormed off towards one of the forest lines. He was intercepted by the blue dragon for some reason. The elf whom was bonded with the blue dragon emerged several minutes later and seemed to begin to undress. ’Girl after my own heart.’ Morilia thought amused. Atreus though, did not come from the inn and that was the one person she wanted to watch the most. Tilting her head in confusion, she redirected her attention to the black dragon while she waited to spot the dark elf come from the Inn.

User Image

Blessed Waffles

I'm scared that you'll compare and I'll look a lifetime past repair
I second guess myself to death, I re-solicit every step
What if my words are meaningless? What if my heart's misleading this?
I try to capture every moment as it comes to me
Bottle up the memories and let them keep me company
User Image

—¤÷(` ȺυʀɑʟɪεȠεsτɑɃεѻυʟѵε ´)÷¤—

"No thanks, I'm alright." She denied his offer for a blade wetting venom with a slight chuckle. Then proceeded to give her bits of thought on information of his specialties. She had guessed he was sizing her up when he drew closer, and when he spoke about his lithe dagger expertise, she nodded inwardly to herself. Her head turned so she could watch him directly. She offered him a sweet smile and asked as respectfully and politely as she could. "Poisons and aerial fighting, huh? Makes sense. I mean you are a dragon rider after all. Is it just aerial combat in the sense that it's your dragon whom does most of the fighting and you know how to stick to it so you don't fall? Or do you fight upon his or her back while they fight off other things? I would've guessed all dragon riders could do aerial combat to be honest, but then again, I don't think that's always the case, is it? And... in regards to specialties... Well, I myself am a bit of an alchemist. I can create potions, toxins, remedies, boosters, and many of the like. Aside from that, you pretty much guessed it but yes, I do use daggers. I also use a short bow and some silver arrows. And can suplex a fully grown man!" The last part Auralie let out a full on laugh. The warmth of the inn coupled with the food and her earlier response to the elf princess had begun to wear her defensiveness down. She was becoming more outgoing already, even if it seemed the dark elf didn't care for her company.

Pushing off of her chair, the human girl threw her pale pink locks behind her delicate shoulders, and went to pick her plate and tankard up. She was planning on helping out the barmaids by bunching up all the dishes together but before she could even begin to lift her cup off the table the door swung open once more. Half expecting it to be one of the members she had already met Auralie casually glanced over. Both eyebrows perked and her mixed colored eyes widened further. Standing in the door frame and still passing through was a short girl, or woman?

"Are you two part of the academy?"
The newcomer asked and when her eyes widened and sparkled Auralie gained an amused smile and even let out a small giggle. Auralie already liked the new girl. She seemed spunky and spirited. Leaving her dishes for the time being, Auralie took a slight step back and brought her arms to a cross under her bosom. "I am! I'm from the Academy. My name's Auralie." She answered before hooking a thumb over her shoulder and semi-pointing to Atreus. (Even though she wondered as her thumb made its way through the air if she was going to offend him by pointing.) "He's not, however. He's actually in fact a dragon rider! His name is At-.." She trailed off, blinking and looking towards Atreus. Her innocence was getting the better of her. Should she have continued introducing him or should she do as she was and let him introduce himself? Scratching her cheek she looked towards the girl with a sheepish smile.

It seemed things were still eventful though. Entering the room in a rush and nearly crashing into the off-white haired girl with sparkling eyes, was a male. He quickly addressed himself as Wilhelm and for a moment, Auralie's eyes flickered with familiarity. She knew him from the Academy, even as the quiet mouse she had been. Lots of girls talked about him. Still, Auralie smiled."Hello, Wilhelm. I'm Auralie. I'm from the Academy too actually. The only dragon Rider in here that I know of is behind me. Also, you're... sort of late I guess in terms that most of the others who were in here are actually outside or taking care of other business. But no worries! No one's really late or early. Our mission doesn't begin until tomorrow. Why don't the two of you take a seat and warm up? I can grab the barmaid and order something up for the two of you? If you want, that is."

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me
I don't dare let darkness have its way with me
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight
I will not be giving in tonight

User ImageUser ImageUser Image 2GP, 13SP, 63CP
OOC: !

Silvanius's Queen

Naughty Wife

8,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

The rain never was something that bothered her. Sure, it matted down the fur in her cloak and clothes and soaked through fabrics, but that wasn't anything that wouldn't dry. Raised among the Orcs you faced the weather head on. It was only other civilizations like the humans, Elves, or Dwarves that built their cities and towns. They learned to live off the land, but not of the land. Guess that was part of why she was looked down upon for being half Orc, since she was considered half barbaric in many eyes. True, the natures of an Orc tribe were vastly different from the 'normal', but for them what they did was normal. You gained your place in the world by defeating your opponents in death matches. If someone wanted to pick a fight you didn't back down. It was just the way things were. Strength was admired above all else and sought for when looking at potential mates. The weak died, the strong lived. Maybe it was this way of thinking that helped her survive the turmoil that met her after she walked away from her tribe. If she had walked back defeated so easily she would have never regained her place in the tribe. The weak were never welcomed and she had worked too hard and long to build up reputation among the tribe that she wasn't weak that she couldn't give up.

That didn't make dealing with other races any easier, though. There were still side-glances and whispers. Places she wasn't welcome no matter her reputation in the main capital for the human empire. It was just the nature of things and she learned to live with it. Granted, when she towered over the average human and wielded a sword almost the size of them she could understand their hesitancy, her mixed blood aside. Still, there were times she wanted to sigh and throw her hands up and give up. Once such time was on the main road, traveling towards the town her charge was supposed to be meeting the group the Council threw together. Sheda was patient most of the time, but even she had a limit to that patience and if one more traveler she passed made a comment she might just challenge them to shut them up for good. "Zeeiek doesn't understand why Sheda puts up with the taunts. If it was up to Zeeiek, Zeeiek would plant an arrow in their eye." The mutterings in Goblin of her travel companion reached her ears as she kept her brisk stride along the road and caused her to glance down at him.

Zeeiek only reached the top of her calf without his hat that extended to make him appear to reach her knee and sometimes he was no good for anything other then a punting ball, but she had learned to tolerate him. He was still a little crude and quick to violence, but he was learning to restrain himself a little. Now if she could only get him to stop talking in third person about himself...the thought made Sehda sigh as she looked back into the direction she was currently walking; Zeeiek taking much quicker steps to keep up with her larger strides. "I've told you before Zeeiek, we don't attack without warrant to. Don't make me shove you in my sack again until I get to the town." The warning held a tone he knew to mean she would do as she said and he shivered a little. "Zeeiek doesn't like the sack. Too little space for little Zeeiek. Zeeiek will listen and behave." Giving her nod of approval she continued to the rest of the trip in silence.

As she neared she caught sight of her charge heading down one of the roads to an Inn who's sign read 'The Laughing Fox' and she knew this was it. She would come as 'hired muscle' for the group, but her real goal was the safety of the prince. Sheda would be rather annoyed if a spoiled little brat was her downfall and reason she was no longer welcome back in the capital where she had worked hard to earn her reputation of not just being a monster. In fact it would annoy her quite greatly and she just might as this Necromancer to bring the boy back so she could personally end his life if he-whoops, there she went again. Slipping into the mindset she was raised with despite all her efforts to not appear barbaric. Truth was, she was still half Orc and behaved more like then due to the fact that she was raised among the tribe instead of humans when her mother couldn't handle the offspring she had given birth to. Maybe if she had been raised among the humans she would be more poised and refined, but for Sheda her sword suited her just fine. The only thing she had to change when joining other civilization was covering up a little more. It was generally frowned upon for a female to wander around in just a loincloth and she didn't need to give them any more reasons to cause her problems then what was already readily available.

It was due to this that she wore as much clothing as she had on under the cloak, though her feet were still bare. Due to her thicker skin shoes had never been needed. She would wear them on occasion to appease others, but personally found them restricting and annoying. The rough dirt, current muddy from the rain, didn't phase her as she walked into the town and was met with a change in landscape as she began walking along the cobble pathways. The town itself was medium in size, a good outpost town for trading, and seemed fairly well kept despite the despair the Necromancer was causing. Sheda didn't really honestly care about the town, though. It was merely the current pit stop in the beginning of the journey she knew would be long ahead of the group. A new town for people to stare as she walked past with purpose straight to the inn, sidestepping past a short elf and half-elf as she neared and they were going in the opposite direction. Even as she ducked her head a little to walk under the door as she shook off a little of the rain and let the rest from her soaked cloak and clothing drip onto the floor. Immediately upon her entrance a few of the scattered travelers and guards immediately reached for their weapons to which she let out an audible sigh and held up her hand in their direction. "I did not come here to cause trouble." They were weary and kept their hands in place as she walked up to the inn keeper and placed a gold piece on the bar. "Keep the ale coming till that money runs out." With that she continued her path, already knowing where the group would most likely be since she hadn't seen them upon the initial scan of the inn. One as big as this one most likely had private rooms in the back and that was where she figured she would find them.

Once more she ducked her head as she entered the room, not really caring if she was interrupting anyone's conversations or introductions. A quick glance over the room though landed her staring at Atreus in slight surprise. She hadn't seen him for a few months. "Atreus? I didn't realize you got pulled into this group as well. Long time no see." Sheda then took a look over the other inhabitants and had to pause at the assortment. The group really did seem a little hodgepodge when you considered that the room contained a couple humans, a Drow, a Dwarf and now a half Orc and Goblin 'pet'. Granted, She initially wasn't in the Council's request but added later by request of the human king and queen. Sheda took a second look over to Welhiem before turning her attention back to the old acquaintance and 'friend' of sort. "How's Grimmere these days?" As she spoke she felt the usual bony fingers of Zeeiek as he climbed up her side to hang off her shoulder and glare at Atreus. The little goblin always felt a threat with anyone Sheda considered a 'friend' due to the fear they would take her away from him. "Nasty Drow. Always trying to steal my Sheda." She narrowed her eyes slightly and yanked the goblin off her shoulder before dropping him and kicking him across the room. "Manners, Zeeiek, or I will stick you in the sack." She warned in Common as he grumbled and rolled to catch himself before quickly moving back to her side to attach himself to her leg and glare at Atreus. "Zeeiek will behave with the nasty Drow." Sheda looked down at the goblin and sighed. "You better. She replied in the goblins own tongue once more before turning to look back towards the group. "Just pretend the pest isn't there. You learn to ignore him." It wasn't said out of being uncomfortable herself. She just knew the pair that she and Zeeiek made usually made others uncomfortable, grateful when the barmaid entered with the first tankard of ale, not paying any mind to the puddle forming under her as her clothing continued to drip and get rid of the water it had soaked up.

User Image
Clothes & Cloak

Unsealed Gatekeeper

9,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
User ImageUser Image
Loxias Azeral

Loxias paused for a moment to watch Malazan take her leave. He had thought to himself earlier, that getting a firebond on this trip would be the icing on the metaphorical cake, but he couldn't help be at least a little envious. It was possible that Loxias would turn out not to be a dragon rider at all. His mother wasn't, and half of his siblings weren't, and even though he felt like he was adept enough without a dragon to assist him, part of what he wanted was the bond that the dragons seemed to share with their riders, even at the risk of going insane with their death.

He brought his gaze away from the flying Malazan as Eleniel started talking, taking the cloak and examining it before looking back up to her. ”Thanks.” He figured an elven cloak that supposedly repelled the elements was better than the one he had received from the academy. Even if the hoodie kept out the rain initially, it did tend to get wet after a while, and Loxias didn't want to continuously smell like ozone from evaporating all the water with his electricity. No sooner than he had put it over his shoulders did the elvin princess take Lox's arm and directed him to where she wanted to go.

”Oh, well...” Gah, he hated having to do things like that. Talking about himself wasn't really one of his strong suits. ”I'm half elf.” It was the first thing he could think of. She'd probably already guessed that, not many humans his age had his fluency in elven. ”Mmm...I don't think there's that much to know about me actually that you haven't already heard.” He shrugged, chuckling a bit. ”Though not a lot of people ask me to describe myself, so that might be why.”

He figured now was a good time to try to steer the conversation to the thing that they had, unbeknownst to him, both been trying to work up to since they met. ”I do have a question for you, though. When you first saw me, you said that I looked like a family friend, right? “What was sh- er, what were they like?”

3 gp, 48 sp, 99 cp
                                          His hoodie

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Grimmere
User Image
Drow shook his head slightly, closing his eyes as Auralie started to jibber on about aerial combat. Noone really understood it like he did. No one fought in the air the way he did. "No" he said plainly. "Me and Grimmere fight as one unit that can seperate at will. falling is half of the strategy. I trust my dragon to catch me when I leap from his back towards an enemy, and he trusts me to have his back when we are surrounded. It's a tactic based around dexterity, trust, and risk taking. I teach how to better a persons aerial combat, but I can't teach my style. Grim is a unique dragon. Impossible to sit on, so I use his spiked physique to my advantage. I couldn't describe it, you'd have to see it, and that would mean taking your eye off of combat."
As the girl continued, A curious eyebrow arose as she burst out laughing. She seemed too happy and trusting for him. Drow was used to people either ignoring him or being cautious of him. He only acted openly after someone had earned that right. Was she trying to play some form of game with him? He pondered on this thought, until a girl broke his concentration as she entered the room. No...not a girl. A woman. A dwarf. Holy hell she was small! Drow was never one to judge anyone on their race, but the height of the dwarves he just couldnt help but find hilarious. Especially with those clumpy weapons they carried around. He swallowed a snigger as he slowly walked over to the table, picking at some meat before picking up a left over mug of ale. Then his ears perked up as the dwarf asked her question. n irritable rage began to fill him up as she asked if he was from the academy. "Are you mocking me girl?" He asked as his brow lowered and he stood tall. Leave it Atreus. She doesn't know. save your blade for someone that means to insult Grims words shot through his head as Atreus suddenly realised that she couldn't possibly know he was exiled from the academy. She wasn't even a rider. Once again, he made his way towards the corner of the room, scowling a little to himself. He wasn't going to apologise, nor was he going to get aggreviated as Auralie mentioned the matter further and pointed in his direction. That was something he was used to.

Not much time had elapsed until another fumbling idiot came stumbling into the room. Drow let out an agitated sigh as he looked out of the window, admiring the rain. This group wouldn't last a day. As the boy asked if he was late, Drows reply was blunt and to the point. "Yes." and his reply to the questions of if the boy knew any of them or if they needed assistance was equeally blunt. "your not a rider and your young, so no. you won't have met me, nor heard of me. Not unless the bastards at the academy are still talking about me. And your assistance isn't needed, ask one of the others, I'm sure they have use for you" .

This whole thing was starting to get tiresome. truth be told, when it was just him and auralie in the room he was surprisingly more relaxed. She was surprisingly tolerent of his heritage. As he took another large mouthful of his ale, he heard heavy footsteps approach, and as he turned his head and saw the half she orc, Sheda, enter the room, Drow cracked the first real smile he had done in a long time. "Well my sweet dark elf d**k, if it isn't Sheda." He said chuckling slightly. "Yeah, its been going on a year. seems we've both been roped into this sorry excuse of an expedition." As she mentioned Grimmere, Drow simply replied. "It's raining isn't it?".

Hearing Drow through their mental link, Grimmere replied in his own way as a crack of lightning pierced the sky as the sound of thunder echoed through the town. "He's fine".
His face turned sour as Zeeiek crawled up on her shoulder and glared at him. "Still got this little piss ant with you then?". As the goblin rolled towards Atreus, he seriously contemplated scewering it with one of his throwing knives, but in curtesy to Sheda he stayed his hand. As she mentioned how Zeeiek could grow tolerable, His brow lowered to an ominous, annoyed and nearly aggresive glare as he looked towards the rest of the group. "You don't. You really ******** don't".

Wwithin a moment, one of the bar maids came through with a round of drinks, giving him a cheeky smile and a wink as she did so. He paid it no mind however. He simply brushed it off and momuntarily stared out of the window again. He'd been to this place a few times, and his lustful apettite had been sated here more then once. Taking one of the drinks, without even caring if one was for him or not, he raised his tankard and nodded towards Sheda. With his healing factor and her size, they had made good drinking partners in the past. He was glad in a way that she was with the group. He had always found her attractive in some strange kind of way, but more so she knew how to handle a blade, and their experience with being outcasts made them interesting friends. He now threw his attention back onto the others. "If your all old enough to drink, nows the time. After tonight you'll have no time for fun"

Melodious Prophet

8,425 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
                                  ::================================>>

User Image

First it was the dwarf who came into the room and now it seemed to be overflowing with people, including some boy who almost ran into her. Celtica glanced around, her eyes widening a bit in curiosity, surely she was not early for the meeting…but then…who were all these people? She frowned a bit glancing around and finally meeting gazes with the blonde girl who began talking and introducing herself as going to the academy. Her excited smile returned briefly glad to find who she was looking for but then it turned upside down again as the drow stood up and snapped at her about mocking him.

He stood to his full height as if to be intimidating and she simply lifted her chin defiantly, did he think that just because he was taller that she felt threatened? If anything she felt irritated and a longing to crack him over the head with her large hammer. She didn’t do so of course but had wonderful visions in her mind to do so. He stood down, gruffly annoyed as the blonde girl continued speaking about not being late and other things of the sort. Celtica glanced around as an Orc now came in and seemed to know the drow quite well. She dwarf grimaced as he was more friendly and simply crossed her arms and decided it must be a drow thing. How irritating drow could be, or any of the taller folk, could be. Dwarves seemed looked down upon because they were short, Celtica didn’t see what height had to do with anything. This attitude mostly came from being among the shortest dwarves and had simply tried to develop an immune system of being felt threatened about height.

She listened to the drow and orc make light banter for a moment before she finally put in, ”I’m looking for Ambrose.”, she was looking towards the friendly girl as she said such. If anything she would be more help than the hard head beside her. ”I don’t need a drink, I need to speak to Ambrose.”. The small girl could be impatient and even a drink could hold for that. She bit her lip, she was still cold, wet, and muddy…She thought for a moment before hopping up into a chair and sighing, ”Actually…I’ll take some ale.”. After all, dwarves had good stomachs for the stuff and it would help her get warm while she waited.

x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x
                                  x

Where:The Laughing Fox
                                  With:
                                  atreus
                                  ShadowOkamii
                                  The Nymph Kamalia
                                  Awkward Yeti

Feeling:Hungry, cold, annoyed, and a bit impatient
                                  OOC:Sorry, Sundays are pretty much no posting days for me =/

<<=======================================::

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Prince Wilhelm Forger

They say we are what we are
But we don't have to be
I'm glad to hate you but I do it in the best way
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wilhelm nodded in recognition as Auralie introduced herself. Right, that girl. He had usually been busy studying either in the library or out in the training yards back at the Academy, so he wasn't always the best about interacting with people. He briefly remembered playing out on the grounds of the academy (he'd been trying a new 'trick' and hadn't wanted to injure anyone) and had fallen out of a tree near her, causing some animals she'd somehow made friends with to scattered. Wilhelm gave her a smile, falling into a surprisingly neat bow, "Pleasure to meet you, Auralie." He glanced over towards the corner as the other person in the room besides the dwarf was introduced as a dragon rider. Wilhelm thought quickly. Did he recognize him? Nope. The man was quick to confirm this fact, his tone suggesting that it wasn't a topic that Wilhelm should pursue. Of course he did though. "Oh. Well, I haven't heard anyone talking about you? Normally most folk want to be talked about...unless it's bad, so I'll assume that-" he stopped, his smile faltering slightly, "Ah, right, should stop there. What's your name? I don't think I caught it from anyone."

Wilhelm frowned slightly as he got two different answers about whether to not he was late. He arched an eyebrow, shifting his weight uncertainly from foot to foot, "Ah...so is that a yes or no? I got a little bit turned around in this one town, but they had excellent honeynut treats." Wilhelm nearly moved to pull out a few from his bag to offer them, but something about how the elf was looking at him made him think twice about it. He wondered what had happened to make the man so hostile. He hoped he would lighten up during the journey.

The group was suddenly joined by yet another, and for a moment, Wilhelm wasn't quite sure what he was seeing. Goodness they were going to be a ragtag group, weren't they? He had to crane back to see the tall green-skinned woman who entered the room. He had a moment of wild fascination before he heard the woman, spoke, addressing the elf as 'Atreus'. Huh, so that was his name. Wilhelm noticed her sudden glance towards him, but thought little of it. What he thought more of was the goblin that suddenly made its appearance. Clearly the elf and goblin had some sort of history, although Wilhelm assumed it couldn't have been too terrible of a history or the goblin would have been dead. Speaking of manners, Wilhelm quickly gave a bow to the two, "So Sheda and Zeeiek was it? Pleasure to meet you two."

Wilhelm hopped over to the offered seat and sat down, glancing over at the dwarf and wondering if she would sit too. No point in all of them standing. Wilhelm brushed some of his wet hair from his eyes and took off his cloak, setting it behind him along with his bag, "Oh I ordered something a few minutes ago. I didn't know everyone was back here. I forgot a drink though..." He grinned at Atreus at the mention of drinking and gave a shrug, "Define 'old enough'? Either way we're going on a journey that may or may not end well, so might as well have a drink, right?"

He looked over as the dwarf stated that she was looking for Ambrose, a name that Wilhelm was pleased he did recognize. He had to hold back a laugh as her goal slowly started to shift towards having a good drink. "We have all night for official business, right? Might as well enjoy yourself a bit before you go chasing off again after Ambrose. You're already here after all."

At that moment a server came in with the food he'd ordered earlier. Wilhelm had to keep himself from immediately biting into the dish. He tipped the server a silver and then slipped over a gold piece quietly, asking for the company's drinks and food to be covered. The server looked at him curiously, but a glance was enough to silence him.

Once that was taken care of, Wilhelm started to dig into his dinner. The food was surprisingly delicious, although anything hot after being in the cold rain all day was delicious. "So we're leaving in the morning you said? Guess we'll be leaving right at the crack of dawn if the group's all here." Wilhelm frowned, fingers itching for the map in his bag. He liked to know where he was going. He would have also liked to have had a book covering everything they would face, but even HE knew he was impractical. Leaving all his books back at the academy had been hard, but necessary.
Aᴍʙʀᴏsᴇ Gʀᴏɴɴ Gᴀʟʟᴀɢʜᴇʀ
єж-dяagоп яїdёя

The woods were dense and well watered, which was actually alright for someone of Ambrose's caliber. If there was any area that had an abundance of moss he would be seeking that out; the particular flower that tended to grow in such areas was a key ingredient to the thick and yellowish paste he had mastered making for treating wounds. The idea of sleeping in a village wasn't bad to him, he just preferred his solitude. Villages could be raided, ransacked, burned down in the middle of the night; at least on the outside of the village where he was in tough terrain he had some advantage should such an event come to pass.

The heavy beating of wings wasn't lost on him. Often times he would be woken by the loud pounding of his heart, mistaking the sound of it in his sleep for the familiar arrival of his deceased dragon. Only when wind washed over him in powerful gusts did he give pause and turn, in time to see a dragon, a new dragon, landing not far from him. He assumed she belonged to one of the riders, and as her wing extended he continued to walk towards the woods, looking her direction as she spoke.

"I thank you for your kindness, though you will forgive me if I grow weary of such words."
                      Ever since Terari began to teach him her language, Draconic felt more at home on his tongue than common speak.
                      "I can barely stand being within a room of non-dragon folk, especially riders; it's the pity in their eyes, always with the pity."
                      He explained, stepping over a fallen log, gaze drifting to the dragon again. As the dragon mentioned her rider his eyes fell to the side, recalling those present in the room. She was speaking of the other she-elf, though elven names were never anything he could speak with ease.
                      "With all due respect to your rider, if I have to cut anyone any slack they should not be on this voyage. I have no room nor intent to judge anyone, but I have no time for children or fool hearts on a quest for heroics either."
                      Whether Aliera was any of these things would remain to be seen.

Footfall wasn't far behind, and the only reason Ambrose wasn't on alert was because Avrae appeared calm; and for good reason, as none other than the she-elf appeared at that moment. Ambrose spared her a glance, noticing the less than secure armor, and raised a brow at her -- though that was all the reaction he gave. Perhaps she felt more comfort in the woods than surrounded like people, like he did, and if she wanted to run in the moonlight stripped to nothing but her skin that was her business.
                      Then again, she did mention she was some sort of shifter, so perhaps that's what she was doing out here.

At her words he directed his gaze ahead again, swiping his hand over some trees as he passed them to feel the moisture and changing direction subtly as he walked along some kind of path that apparently only he recognized.
                      "Educated guess."
                      Came his only reply in regards to the princess' words.
                      "She does not want me here, not that I would argue; I don't want to be here."
                      He gave short pause, glancing around. For some reason his skin itched from his knuckles to his shoulders, the kind of itch that made him feel like he needed to kill an orc... Regardless, he turned to face the elf then, leaning against a nearby tree as he did so.
                      "I am no fool. In a group is not how I would like to travel at all, especially in such a case as this, but in regards to the necromancer... resources are needed. Resources that I cannot have on my own."

location: woods || with: Avrae, Aliera || ooc: whelp-- i posted and that's all that counts ||

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff