User Image

• username:
Noir
• character name:
Nick DeLaney
• age, gender & orientation:
32, male straight
• backstory:
He remembers the world before the war, he remembers what it was like to have enough, to have food in your belly and to have a roof over your head all the time. He remembers who he is and that there isn't demons running around the planet stopped by angels and heaven knows what else, what he does know is that there is a different type of demon. The one that runs around his head. A demon of a personal kind. A past that haunts him and drives him to stay alive in the post apocalyptic wastes long after better men have fallen. He knows grit, determination and prays one day for salvation not to any specific god but to any that will listen. He has no military experience but he knows how to stay alive, shoot a gun and keep out of sight and smell when trapping prey.

He knows that on the other side of the ocean someone is waiting for him.
• any radiation effects?
Not that he knows of though he seems to have a keen intuitive sense.
• role:
Newcomer

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden finished searching and then took her bag off, setting it on the table. She dashed to the back and got a rag wet with warm water and filled a bowl with some water as well, then dashed back to the booth, She wiggled around until she could get to his face and began to clean the blood off. She was careful as she could be, trying to avoid hitting anything to hard. As soon as sh got all the blood cleaned off his face, she looked it over. She could tail a few things were broken and she knew what to do. For now however there wasn't much she could do but put band aids on the smaller wounds and wait till he woke up again to stitch the bigger ones. She could rest set his nose at a later him,but she wouldn't give someone this beat up a wake up call like that. Maybe later on in the day she would be able to get someone to help her take him back to the small home she had boarded up and there she would have more medical supplies to help him better.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

Having finished frying up enough hash for everyone, he set off to locate the tea for the man who had ordered it. Where had he put that stuff? He hadn't wanted to see it stolen, so he must have tucked it away somewhere in the back... but high up, so it wouldn't get moldy from the damp that crept in sometimes. Not on the highest shelf, though, because then it was rainwater he had to worry about, what with the leaking patches in the roof. So, it would be... somewhere...

"Here!" Oliver muttered triumphantly, pulling out the old-fashioned tea brick from it's hiding place between a sack of barley and a small heap of squash. He slipped this in the front pocket of his apron, picked up a few more things he might need and headed back out into the kitchen. Amanda was still cleaning and Elizabeth was flitting back and forth with plates of hash and cups of water and such. He should get her an apron... she'd look pretty in an apron. Hiding a sheepish sort of grin behind his shoulder, he set a kettle boiling and stepped back into the dining room to bring his customer a plate of hash and tell him his tea would be ready in a few minutes.

Just as he set down the plate infront of him, though, he noticed the... ahem, sort of bloodied young man lying in one of the booths, being tended to by Aiden.

"Geez, I... where'd you find that fella?" He hurried forward, leaning over to peer at the boy.

"His nose don't look right."

Lucky Wrangler

Cooking Sherry

.N.o.i.r.

King Hastur

((added your profiles! o u o))

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Tristan AswellUser Image
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

His head was swimming. Between voices and flashes of images he couldn't quite make out, he had no clue what was left, right, up, down, or level. All he knew was that as his numb arm reached up, it met a soft, squishy surface. He bumped Aiden's breast by accident, his mind not taking it in at all. No, he just kept reaching up, finally getting a grip on her shirt and holding it in a tight, shaking fist. "H-Help..."

He breathed in sharply, whimpering and letting her go in favor of wrapping his arms around his chest. Ow, ow, ow...! He wanted to cry! But NO! That wasn't manly! He couldn't! ... But he really wanted to. He whimpered again, moving to change his position, only to settle back down, mouth open wide as if to cry in agony. Not a sound came out, the shock of pain settling back down, and with it, his expression.

Slowly his eyes opened properly, swimming in the bright room. He saw two figures over him, not really catching on at all. Did he know them?

User Image

«Interacting With... Aiden, Oliver... »

«Appearance and Attire... [This is Me][My Current Attire] »

«Currently Residing In... Diner Booth »

Tipsy Shapeshifter

.::Candice Jones::.

Fe | Bi | 19

User Image

Some sort of commotion was ongoing. An injured man had staggered in to the diner, causing several of the diner staff to flurry about. Not one for blood and injuries but unable to look away, Candice remained on her seat, her eyes fixated on the scene. Were there soldiers out and about? How had this happened?

Her mind was in a blaze of feelings. Fear caused her hair to stand up on her arms and the back of her neck. "Oh no," she whispered involuntarily to herself. Her hand jerked up to clasp over her mouth and the fear of her comment being noticed finally shook her gaze. She shuddered, grabbed her flask of water, and darted from her seat to-- where could she go? The front door had people clustered about the injured man.

Candice took a breath and calmed her mind. There had to be another way out. She eyed the kitchen and jumped up, over the counter, and onto the linoleum behind it. She was darting through the kitchen before a minute had passed.

.::Erhmerhgerhd I'm back from disappearing (aka birthday recuperation) and now Candice is being very odd... ::.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

She nodded and kept working on the smaller wounds."His nose is broken, he has a few broken rips as well. Oliver, i hate to ask this but can you help me get him to that inn, i have more pickles to trade as well as anything else...and...i need someone to come with me to get all the medical supplies i have in my hide out...as well as a few other things i think some of us could use. "That was the most Aiden had said all day, more like since the wars happened. She spoke loud and sure this time, not a hint of the shy girl as there was before. She didn't even jerk away when the poor man reached up and grabbed her breast before he grabbed her shirt. "Don't worry, i'm going to get you all fixed up." Before the wars she had been taking nursing classes while also doing the normal high school work load. She even took classes in the summer time to help get herself ahead of the others. She was pretty smart and even during the war she had kept gaining knowledge from doctors and things she met along the way so she was pretty skilled for someone her age. She moved as quick as she could but tired to keep from causing him anymore pain. She hoped someone would go with her. She could make it there on her own but she wouldn't be able to protect herself and the cargo if she was attacked on the return trip.

by now her hand where covered in his blood, both new and old, but she didn't seem to mind. She had seen a lot worse and for someone her age it was odd to see her so focused in what she was doing. She saw the one girl go over the counter and she called out, "Becareful, the ones who did this to him maybe close!" She then went back to work. After a while she was done all she could do at the moment and leaned back some. She let out a slow breath and sat there waiting on Oliver's reply.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Tristan AswellUser Image

Tristan flinched, like a child, away from ever uncomfortable touch. God, he didn't need this. Now, need and want were different; he wanted to feel better. That would just happen in its own time. Slowly he reached a shaking hand up, then other following shortly after to his nose. He just couldn't BREATH! It drove him just a bit mad. With a few heavy breaths from his mouth his hands set skillfully around the completely dark and bruised nose. He figured out which way to shift it, and with one sharp movement he squirmed, a 'crack!' sounding out!!

His head rolled as the world spun, blood drizzling from his nostrils. He whimpered weakly and shut his eyes tight. "I.. .ah...!" She touched someplace very sensitive! He laid his arms over his head, turning his head away and sighing. What were they saying? It was all in one ear and out the other. He just had to guess what they were saying. Probably asking? Asking if he was alright? "No...!" He hissed shutting his eyes tight. "Not at all..."

Or maybe he was wrong? Then maybe they asked what happened? "Punk kids..." He turned his head the other side, shuddering. "Don't know foe friend... friend... or..." What was he talking about again? Foe... faux...? "Fox was her favorite..." He huffed. "Always faux... she felt so guilty... God, I miss her..." He breathed in sharply, shutting his eyes and whimpering. How long was she going to be poking and prodding things? OH! OW! OW! OW! He went agape at something she was doing. Treatment, he'd have guessed, but OW! Was she messing with his ribs? OW! His arms dropped from above his head, his eyes pleading, yet conflicted, desperately trying to keep between conscious and... well... fading. "I-I-I'm fine... had worse...! Fine! Swear it...!"

User Image

«Interacting With... Aiden, Oliver... »

«Currently Residing In... Diner Booth »
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

Elizabeth was exploring the cupboards of the kitchen when Candice breezed through the room. She would open her mouth to comment on the girls disposition but she seemed focused else where. "Whats going on out there..? she mused to herself, her gaze flickering from Candice's retreating frame and the door of the kitchen. As the old saying goes, curiosity killed the cat, and Elizabeth had no shortage of that. Within a matter of moments she would peer around from the corner of the room, her eyes growing wide when she met with the circumstances."Oh dear Lord.." She would force her expression to remain neutral, but her tone was filled with concern. Things don't seem to be settling down anytime soon.. Slowly she would make her way from behind the back counter, her gaze focused on the gruesome scene that sat before her. The last thing that she wanted to do was crowd the group that was assisting the young man who was injured.
Upon assessing the situation her gaze flickered to the window, What could have caused this? with her arms crossed over her chest she would examine the outer workings of the building; looking for any type of movement in the immediate area; her eyes retreating to the medical crew every now and again as the patient began to speak.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden watched the male as she sat there. She could gather what he was saying and she more then knew he was in pain. She sighed again, nothing more she could do for him until she got him into some type of bed and got the rest of the stuff she needed. She only flinched a little as he reset his own nose. She lightly put the damp cloth to his nose to stop the bleeding again. She couldn't help but be angry at the people who had done it. The world was a hell hole and numbers where growing less and less but people couldn't help but beat up others. It was all stupid, the world would never get back to peace if it didn't start to change. Once she got the bleeding stopped she sat back again and rested her hands in her lap. She hadn't said another word since asking Oliver for help. She looked at him and let out a small laugh. "If you're fine, i'm dead." She said leaning over him. She pulled out a small pen type thing from her bag she had built herself. It was charged by the sun and gave off a little light. She checked each of his eyes and sighed again." try and stay awake for me, just a little longer. If you can manage that, i have some pain killers i can give you." She reached a hand up and pressed it to her head, she didn't feel to good but she shook it off and went back to watching him. She needed to keep him up a little long, to make sure something on the inside was super damaged. His ribs would heal but if they had ripped something open on the inside when they broke she would need to help him sooner then later and that was easier to do with him awake to tell her if anything else started to hurt more then before. Once some of his pain was under control and she would get him talking more normal and a little more focused, she would start checking other spots for internal bleeding.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Tristan AswellUser Image

Tristan blinked and winced at the sudden bright light, taking a short breath and staring right back into it. He knew why. She was looking for something. Something... He groaned, his eye rolling, hi body slumping back. "Just a bit of sleep..." He sighed and rolled his head back away, shifting and gritting his teeth to try and get a bit more comfortable.

Laying a hand over hers, he shifted it to his cheek, nuzzling gently against it. His mind was elsewhere. He was so exhausted, but he knew a woman's voice and small hand anywhere. He breathed a deep as he dared, his lungs shuddering in panic from the abuse to his body. "I've had worse... I've had worse... Don't worry... I'll be fine." He smiled and slipped off a bit. "You're beautiful..." Yes, that was how he ended it.

User Image

«Interacting With... Hopefully Someone Soon... »

«Currently Residing In... Outside Diner »

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image
"Oh boy . . ." somebody was dragged into the dinner, looked roughed up too . . . . hmmm, "Oh boy, breakfast!" Sure it might have seemed cruel but what could he have done? Wish him well, get in the way? Panic, hardly, best to eat breakfast and relax, there will be time to reflect upon this later. There was an almost imperceptible change to his posture, it became more hunched and coiled, who knew what was going to happen next, there was an obvious reason for this young man to have been severely injured, but what he couldn't guess. Eat now, have eyes in the back of your head, don't forget your who you are.

Swinging his legs playfully yet carefully he began to glom his food down like a half starved wolf, he splorted ketchup on the hash and devoured the whole plate like a wild animal. Afterwards D'wayne licked the plate as well as his lips to and patted his belly belching. In his sensitive nose he smelled a cocktail of scents from the room, body odor, mildew, boiling water, blood, gun powder, bad hooch, metal, grease, potatoes and the myriad of other smells. He took them all in and sighed, the mutations were coming on slowly over the years, his increased strength and tolerance (Almost a need to eat irradiated food), there was a desire to lose himself as an animal too, but he fought that down easily.

Cocking a head over at Tristan his nostril noticeably flared, not annoyed or even threateningly, he was merely curious. Shrugging it off he cracked his neck and whistled nonchalantly while waiting for his hot cup of tea, "Oh boy tea, it's been five years since I've had a hot cup of something . . . .that wasn't a bottle of water I found in that burned out old car in the summer . . .bleauch."
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

A ghost of a whisper would reach her conscious being, the statement causing her to turn on one heel and towards its launch point. "Tea?" she repeated, her eyes glazed over as her position shifted to face D'wayne. Her posture would relax somewhat, arms resting leisurely at her sides before her gaze was once again directed toward the commotion that had somehow found it's way into the building. It really was only a matter of time.. She thought to herself, seconds would tick by before she glanced back toward the customer she had now inherited. Seeing that he too, was somewhat preoccupied by the current happenings gave her the chance to prepare his beverage.
Without much audible sound she departed to the kitchen again, glancing about in search of where Oliver kept the tea. It was only a matter of moments until she spotted it already laying about the counter. A small smile would pull at the edges of her painted lips.
The kettle would hiss, and protest as the water within heated to a vapor. She would pour the hot water into a miniature teapot, and placed it on a tray along with a few packs of prepackaged honey, sugar and cream.
With a small nod of reassurance Elizabeth would return to the open area of the cafe. "Your tea." she stated, placing the small tray onto the table where D'wayne found himself seated. It was difficult to keep her attention focused on something other than the new visitor; and whatever other questions were rolling around her mind. "Hopefully, this will suit your needs." a smile had placed itself in her eyes before she glanced down at the gentleman. "Anything else you'll be needing?" she questioned as her eyebrow quirked.

Tipsy Shapeshifter

.::Candice Jones::.

Fe | Bi | 19

User Image

The youth blew past Elizabeth, looking around the steel and linoleum room. Through the pots and pans and other cookware, she searched for a back door that should have been there. The door she needed to be there.

No go. Either it was the adrenaline making her head spin or just a convergence of fate, Candice mistook the closest door to her to be an exit. She pulled the handle and yanked it open, staggering through and slamming the door behind her. A heavy snap confirmed the door's closure, cutting off the light from the kitchen. Although she had prepared for the night's arrival, Candice didn't think that the darkness should have felt so sudden.

She counted the hours in her mind once more. Nighttime? She didn't think so. Blinking more forcefully and taking a better accounting of her surroundings, the truth dawned on her.

"Dammit!" she hissed and spun on her heels. The girl pounded at the door, slapping her hand where a handle would be. That is, if one put handles on the inside of a freezer's door.

.:: ::.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

She just sat there, unable to go any where at the moment. She still had the mans blood on her skin but she didn't seem to care that much. She looked ill and tired all of a sudden and she rested her head on the booth, still keeping an eyes on the male. Her cheeks had gone red when he stated she was beautiful and she tired to get her hand back but he had it in his grip and she was to tired to pull any harder. Her eyes grew heavy and she found it hard to stay awake. Something wasn't right and she knew it but she forced herself to it up and act fine. Maybe she should think about moving her 'home' further away from the bomb zone, it was starting to mess with her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff