Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image Wind whistled around him like a stream flowing around a tree spiked in the middle of it's bed making the long tails of his wrecked duster billow in the breeze. Grunting he pulled the edges back and set them straight, which only caused the lowers bits of his coat to press against him. The masked man shook his head and lifted up his goggles to rub his eyes with old thin black workman's gloves, it was a blah, bleary day with nuttin' going for it save for he endless track ahead of him, which was awesome.

Lowering the tinted eye wear he plodded on, now most wanderers wore heavy boots but D'Wayne wore light, thin slippers and during warm days he went barefoot even through sharp gravel, the bottoms of his feet nearly as tough as leather from years of roaming. From him exuded the smell all humans get when they didn't bath regularly, mix that with linseed oil, rotten leather, the smell of gunpowder and fresh earth he was a smorgasbord of smells and colors, most of them a dingy brown or black.

In the distance he spotted the Diner and made his way there to rest his feet indoors. When he made his way inside he heavily pushed the door aside with his shoulder and let his dirty bare feet sap on the cool floor and smiled behind his facemask. Slapping his feet with each step relished the feeling of cool, smooth floor for the first time in nearly five years he almost seemed to sit down automatically and began to dangle his legs almost like a child sitting in a high seat.

(Guten tag everyone)

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

The fair-skinned woman peered up at him through her soft lashes, staying silent for a long moment until her brightly-colored lips began to move. Her voice was strangely flat, but Oliver forgave her for it. Few people went around being cheerful, anyhow. Likely she'd had people die around her, Like Aiden's friend in the war and... some millions of other soldiers and civilians. Anyhow, it wasn't any of his business.

"Sure thing. Be a few minutes while to brew up a new pot - busy here today, wouldn't you know. Some days it ain't no one but me here all day an' - " He trailed off sheepishly, not sure she was at all interested in his rambling. She did, however, ask another question... so maybe she wasn't downright offended by it.

"I been here couple'a months. Took me a while to get things fixed up enough to be functional, t'was pretty bad when I got here." He grinned, almost shyly, as she complimented the place - at the very least, it sounded like a compliment to him. He ran his fingers through his chocolate-brown hair sheepishly, kicking an unsightly shard of glass into the shadows underneath one of the booth benches. Then, abruptly, he remembered the potatoes in the fryer, smelling just about done now.

"I'll be back with your coffee!" He told her, scrambling back behind the counter and pulling the basket out of the dryer, spreading the chips across a wire mesh to let them drip dry before serving them to Amanda. That done, he put the new coffee on and watched the dark liquid drip through the filter.

((i gotta head to bed now - i would normally be able to stay up later, but i gotta wake up before 6am tomorrow. anywhoo, i hope to see you guys again in the evening, if you'll be around. i will!

and feel free to have ollie serve you coffee and fries and stuff. x3 ))

Tipsy Shapeshifter

.::Candice Jones::.

Fe | Bi | 19

User Image

The free coffee tasted fabulous to the weary girl. Candice nursed her mug for a good hour, just listening and absorbing the conversations around her. When she had finally drained the caffeinated beverage completely, she felt more invigorated than ever. A buzz ran through her mind, bringing a smile to her lips and a darting look in her eyes.

She looked appreciatively at the picture that had bought her this wondrous drink, noting the inclusion of the current patrons in it. Already the diner had more life to it than when she had first walked in.

Still energy-filled, the girl drummed her fingers on the counter anxiously. Candice felt a drive to do something. Anything. What it was, she wasn't sure yet.

.::Her der der this is me acknowledging that I'm still interested in the RP. Off to sleep for now, but Miss Jones will certainly be joining in the hubub tomorrow~! ::.
User Image

Location; A...resturant?X Doing; Exploring X Thinking; Hm... X Wearing;

Soni's head turned at the sound of the males voice. He sounded so kind, as if nothing was wrong with the outside world. She didn't want to owe the man anything so she thought for a while of what to get. As she stood there thinking more people came in. Mostly girls, and barely any men. They all seemed to be looking for jobs..which meant none left for her. Oh well, she'll think of something up like always.

She rubbed her gauges and looked over to the hurried man getting food for his clients. She turned over towards a man who had just walked in. He looked more worn out than anybody else in the resturant. She avoided contact and remembered not to make much communication. She was too over protective over herself now. She had already learned her lesson before on to be careful who you trust. "May I have some water please?" She asked the man and coughed lowly. Hopefully she wouldn't cough her a** up right now, infront of these people. "Once your done, of course.. She managed to squeak as she looked at the place. It looked worn out from the outside but nice and well kept in the inside, despite some debris.

ooc: Haiii guuysss! sorry for an antisocial character :c no one likes those.

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image Even in these ruined lands I still life throbbing in the Earth . . .

Taking off his coat he laid it on the counter with his goggles and sighed contentedly. How long had it been since he had been indoors . . . that wasn't a tumble down wreck he was sleeping in? "Oh, 'bout two years I fig," he said answering his own train of thought aloud, a habit picked up from being alone in the wastes for a long time. You find more often than not that the only person to talk to out there is yourself, problem with D'wayne was that he was terminally sane, talking himself all the time and the only one that ever answered was still just him, he became slightly disappointed out there, but hey whatever right?

Regardless he pulled off his mask and rubbed his smooth face, freshly shaved that morning, there was still some razor burn on his neck, despite his enthusiasm for learning new things he still hadn't got used to his great grandfather's old cutthroat razor. His face wasn't all that exciting, he had the look of a farm boy, plain, square jaw, big nose, faded blue eyes, crooked and slightly yellow teeth. Shrugging he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box and pushed it over to Ollie when he had a second, it was a full if small box of .22 hollowpoint shells, just the Velocitor model, good for basic hunting and low level self defense, but since only ex-military and other people generally carried armor it worked out in the waste. It sure did help that it was most plentiful type of ammo out there.

"Hey bra," he said with his c**k eyed boyish grin which is odd for a man pushing thirty, not that he looked it, plenty of exercise kept him fit and young looking and the mask kept the elements off his face, "Whaddya charge fer tea man? Er . . . how many shells would buy maybe breakfast, I haven't seen a place like this in over two hundred miles or more even!" D'wayne had a lackadaisical way of speaking, peppered with slang from a by gone era, an easy, laid back personality that somehow survived years in the waste.

Turning around he noticed a lot of women in the room, odd that, must be a coincidence or something, eh well. Smiling pleasantly he waved to everyone in the room with a cheerful, "Good day everyone, I trust the morning finds you all well." That was another thing about D'wayne, raised in the country he was incredibly friendly and hospitable to strangers . . . which has got him in trouble a lot in the wastes with thugs, gangs and marauders, yet somehow he was still standing rough and ready.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

She had gotten lost in watching the storm roll in over the city. She shook her head clear and headed back inside. She stopped just inside the door way and looked at all the people that had shown up since she had first walked in. She gave a small shrug and walked back to the counter where she had been before. She spun around on the stool again and sat looking at the girl that now cleaned up some of the mess. She smiled and leaned back to her back rested on the counter. She was hungry but her stomach still hurt from going to long without anything to eat. She had more jars of food hidden where she had been sleeping but she saved them for trade.

She looked back out the windows at the waste land. She tried to remember what the world looked like before but all's she could see was fighting and death. She sighed softly and turned back around resting her elbows on the counter. She sat there waiting for Ollie to do his work with the others and hoped to talk to him more about getting a job here. She could at least be the bus boy or something, even if she was a girl.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• username:
Porcelain_Nitemare
• character name:
Reyna
• age, gender & orientation:
24, female, straight
• backstory:
A generally quiet girl, Reyna always keeps herself covered from head to toe, only her eyes visible. This is due to her 'condition' from the radiation she was exposed to. Reyna doesn't remember much of her own past. What she does remember from the times before all hell broke loose were broken fragments of memory. Some sort of facility, arguments, some explosions, and her name. The rest is a simple blank. During her travels she came across a male, Walter, whom she now travels with.
• any radiation effects?
Because of her exposure to the radiation, she developed a strong sensitivity to UV light. As a result she must remain covered when she goes outside in the sun. If sunlight touches her skin it burns quite easily (similar to vampire myths). She seems to have good reflexes and is stronger than she seems, but she claims she had always been like that.
• role:
newcomer

~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• username:
Porcelain_Nitemare
• character name:
Walter
• age, gender & orientation:
36, male, straight
• backstory:
A survivor, that's what Walter is. His life prior to the events that happened before the end of it all is useless to him. Now it's just about survival. All he needs is the next day and his trusty companion Rudy (who he's raised since a pup). Along his travels he came across a strange female, Reyna, and they had a little 'misunderstanding'. Eventually it lead to them traveling together and they've been on the road trying to make ends meat one way or another for the last few years.
• any radiation effects?
He gained the uncanny ability to control electrical currents with his hands (hence the gloves).
• role:
newcomer.
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

Eying down the dark coloured liquid that nested within the discoloured cup she would press her lips together in reaction to her own gaze that stared back at her. The reflection that she was faced with was something that she wasn't accustomed to seeing; her gaze was hard, and less vibrant compared to years that had come to pass. The contrast of the now and what had once been caused Elizabeth to sigh before she brought the cup to her lips and sipped gingerly on the caffeinated liquid.
Finishing off her cup quickly Liz would run her hands through her hair before glancing around- her gaze catching Oliver's as her disposition relaxed. "Thank you." her face brightened slightly. "I forgot how much of a luxury this stuff is.." Now standing at the bar, Liz would lean against the table, inhaling deeply; the smell of coffee filling the small room. "What do I owe you...?" She trailed off glancing toward him upon realizing that she hadn't received his name. After being silent for a moment she continued, "I really do appreciate your efforts to keep this place maintained.." Elizabeth would shift herself so that she was looking at him fully. "It feels as if the effects of the conflict haven't reached this far." A genuine smile slowly slipped across her face before she averted her gaze to others who had established themselves in the room. She would take note of the variety of individuals that had filled the seats. How diverse.. she thought to herself, her gaze eventually falling on D'wayne and lingering there for a matter of moments- observing him and his every detail, the ones that were visible anyways. Eventually she would reply to his greeting with a small nod, his appearance causing her to tilt her head in the slightest.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Reyna, Walter, and Rudy

The wasteland that we now called home was nearly uninhabitable, but life was still barely sustainable. Gathered on top of a dusty hill were three forms; one of a young female covered from head to toe in clothing, similar to how a Muslim woman out in public might dress, a nearly middle aged male with a rugged look, black gloves, and heavy duty clothing (a ragged scarf fluttered around his neck), and beside them sat a good sized German Shepard, its tongue hanging out of its mouth as it panted to keep cool.

The dog looked forward and then up at his owner with a soft whimper. A gloved hand came down and patted Rudy on the head, "There, boy. It's alright, I think we're heading in the right direction."

"Where are we headed exactly?" came the soft voice of the female companion. Her eyes scanned the horizon as well, squinting through the dust and wind. The male with the gloved hands only smiled some and pointed forward, "There. If I heard right there's a place we can stop and rest before we head out again. Maybe they'll have some information for us to" he said with a nod before heading forward again. Whistling, Rudy came after Walter, the male, and after a heavy sigh Reyna followed in the rear.

15 minutes later the trio arrived at the rusty doors of the diner. Without a word to one another, Walter entered the door first, holding it for Reyna and Rudy. Glancing around the small place he followed Reyna who headed toward an empty booth. Rudy hopped into the booth seat and sat happily enough, his tongue hanging out again. Walter smiled and patted him on the head as he waited for soemone to let them know what they could have. Reyna glanced quietly around her hands folded neatly in her lap.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

Wiping his hands off on the apron, Oliver approached the man who had just taken off his mask - mildly relieved that that mask hadn't been hiding some sort of monstrous deformity. Not that he would turn away anyone with any sort of deformity without any other provocation, but, eh... well, that sort of thing could be startling. Anyhow, this fellow didn't look all that bad. Cleanly shaven, even - that was rare.

He picked up one of the shells in the box, studying it and nodding in satisfaction.

"I'll give you as good a breakfast as I can muster for ten of 'em, an' tea... well, that depends. I got prewar teabags, good if you're feelin' nostalgic an' on a radiation diet but as far as I'm concerned they startin' to taste like boiled beets after all these years. Then I got some new growth leaves from South Carolina, irradiated as hell but lovely to drink. You like potatoes, mister? I even got ketchup." He met the man's grin easily, sliding ten of the shells towards him and out of sight behind the counter.

The pale woman with the cool, almost steely eyes approached the counter - looking somewhat warmed by the coffee, unless he was just being optimistic. He gave her another shy smile and a shrug, jerking his thumb up to the menu board over his shoulder. Nobody ever looked at that, because no one had much money anymore, but Oliver was a stubborn man.

"Dollar fifty if you got real money. An' if you don't, well, whatever you think is fair. You sure you don't want some potato hash or nothin'? Home-grown spuds, just dug the suckers up last night." Another shy soft of smile, then a 'hold on a second' gesture as he watched three other people enter through the door. Well, two people and a dog. Oliver, who wasn't exactly spoiled for human contact, tended to give dogs 'people' status just so it would seem like there were more people about.

"Mornin', folks." He approached them with his notepad sticking out his pocket. "Hope you been havin' a decent day, all things considered. We got tea and coffee, an' I'm about to rustle up a batch of potato hash if you wanna get in on that. How's that sound?"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Reyna, Walter, and Rudy

Rudy gave a bark when the man approached adn spoke. It wasn't a threatening one, but almost one of welcome. Walter glanced at Oliver and nodded, "well first off lets get us some drink. Rudy here will have a nice bowl of water" Rudy gave another bark as his tail wagged and Walter patted him again with a soft chuckle, "My companion here--"

Reyna's eyes slowly moved toward Oliver, "do you serve any alcohol here?" it was a surprising request. She had her reasons as her eyes remained fixed on Oliver. Her posture never changed and her appearance was, strange, all covered up. Did she have a horridly disfigured form or something? Walter new that she didn't. The reason she kept covered was simply her sensitivity to the sunlight. Even inside or under the shade she was susceptible, so she was always careful to keep herself covered.

Walter chuckled some at Reyna and glanced at Oliver, "I'll have just water myself. And a round of hash would be nice for us all. Nice little place you got here...glad there's still somepalce for folks to come and rest a bit"

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User ImageAmanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects
pyrokinetic,telekinetic and seems to look younger then what she really is.

Amanda was in the kitchen and she was sweeping it. She was glad she had found as to where the dust was coming in from this room and that she was able to fix it. At least she could use her 'powers' for good to a certain extent. She was humming softly as her mind seemed to be in deep thought. So many things to do and so little time. She wanted to get this place back to where it would of been before the war. Before things had gone down hill. She was also working on finding some things to be used for cleaning. Or at least a few sponges and what not. She wanted to surprise Ollie with a fairly better looking kitchen. She knew what to look for after all working in a dinner all those years ago it seemed.

"There we go."she spoke with a soft bounce to her voice as she found a sponge. Which right now she would be working on cleaning the stove top.
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

A small chuckle would escape her lips as she internally rolled her eyes toward her stupidity. What value does money hold nowadays? she thought to herself, her gaze focused on the menu board for a moment before her eyes slid downward toward the counter. She would ponder the thought for a moment before stepping behind the counter, hoping that Oliver wouldn't mind- she needed to busy herself to prevent her mind from wandering astray.
As she entered the somewhat dated kitchen she would pause, looking around the room in hopes of retrieving a task. She was somewhat taken back by the presence of another- a woman at that. "Good day." Liz threw the young looking woman a half smile. Her gaze would falter for a moment as she considered her next move. Realizing that a portion of the kitchen had been cleaned she spoke up. "Do you need any help or anything..?" entering the room further Liz would look around. "The names Elizabeth." she added quickly before forcing her gaze upon Amanda.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff