Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

For a moment he just stood there, his shotgun held up with a familiar ease. The attack had come quickly, but what might have normally been a rather long-winded shootout was finished off with surprising speed. Perhaps not so surprising given that they had three guns instead of one, but nonetheless it wasn't something Oliver was entirely used to. He spend a good moment entirely convinced that the raiders were going to stand back up and storm the diner at any minute - and steal all his coffee!

But they didn't. In fact, due to his two allies' efforts, they were soon even more dead than they had been a few moments before.

He turned away from the gory mess at the doorstep with the full knowledge that he was going to have to... take care of that soon enough. Probably within the next little while, before they started sinking and... yeah, yeah, no sense putting that off. He sure as hell wasn't going to get any customers if he had dead bodies lying around all over the place, was he? Well, probably a few. But possibly not the kind he cared all that much about attracting in the first place. So a burial was in order, and it wasn't really anyone's job besides his. He set aside his shotgun, untied his red apron and headed out into the back garden to pick a shovel out of the shed. Slinging this over his shoulder, he walked far enough away to clear the concrete and picked a spot that was relatively out of the way of everything else, and... hopefully not a spot where he had buried anyone before. What with the constant winds scraping the earth to the same barren brown everywhere, it sometimes got a little hard to keep track.

Steadily, he began to dig. It was sort of meditative, and he didn't much mind doing it alone - although he did start to wonder where it was that Dante had gone. And Jamie, who'd followed him - he should be staying inside, shouldn't he? He was still wounded, and just a little while ago he hasn't been able to walk without Oliver's help. But... aw, hell. Jamie was a soldier and Dante was just plain frightening, so doubtless they'd be fine. At the very least they could be fine long enough for Ollie to clean up some of this damn mess.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image
↗↘∙Adℯℓinℯ Krαy∙↙↖

Gunshots defeaned the girl as she lay on road, her breathing shallow. Adelines eyes shot open as she was dragged to her feet and accross the uneven ground. Stumbling and tripping over bodies, clutching tightly at her injured arm. Adeline felt herself slam backwards into a wall, warm fingers pinned down her throat and for a moment genuine fear flashed through her otherwise cold expression.

Adeline shivered in silence focusing on the anger in the mans voice, she felt eight years old all over again. Vulnerable. Small. Pathetic. Anger flitted across the girls eyes and she swallowed her emotions hard. Scrambling against the strangers vice like grip Adeline opened her mouth to speak and a sad whimper escaped in place of her usual clipped London accent. Panic quickened the girls already shallow breathing and she glanced around trying to calm her own thoughts It's not like that now. Stop it.. Looking up into the strangers hard expression Adeline smirked and whispered her voice cold ''Do you know what's better than life sweetie?'' Adi's slim fingers traced a spiral on the mans forearm and she cocked her head to the side softly reading his expression.

Movement caught the girls eye and another stranger entered the confined allyway. Adeline's delicate hands wrapped around the mans wrist and she scrambled against the wall. ''Please. Stop. I was just so frightened.'' The girl spluttered, fresh tears springing to her eyes. Adeline struggled against the stranger and looked to the newcomer for help her breathing now quick and shallow ''I just wanted a way out'' Adi leant against the wall catching her breath and whispering through her tears I was so scared.'' The girl focused on the ground and thought about why she had faltered in the first place, one guy in a suit was hardly a threat. Something frightening, angry in his voice. Adeline snapped from her thoughts and looked up bloodstained and tearful at the two strangers.

∙ ↖↙ ↘↗ ∙

[[ooc ∙ Not awake yet, sorry for the bad post. ]]

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

αḋḋïṡøṉ

┏ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~━╃

Maddison looked up at him and chuckled "I am not going back to that diner right now" She pulled the sock off and began to unwrap her bandage "Do you not hear the fire fight that has been going on, I'd prefer the beasties of the woods then more men with guns and to much bravado for their own good" Maddison had hoped that the man who had yelled at her was at the very least injured. Her lips curled into a smile thinking about it then her eyes caught something moving behind Kain's head "There is something behind you" She pointed with her free hand to whatever it was that happened to be behind him.

Maddison tried to push her emotions down when Kain decided he was going to stay with her instead of going to get Candy. She knew she should have stayed behind but her heart over powered her mind for the first time in years. She looked down at her foot as the blood dripped steadily from the wounds. "I just want to sit here for a minute" She said as the tiredness set in, she was getting weak from losing blood, the alcohol didn't help since it had thinned her blood. Maddison closed her eyes so it wouldn't attract any more critters with their glow.

╄━ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~┛

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Dante De Stephano
Where: Diner - Wearing: [ Attire ] - With: Alone

Those thin, soft fingers danced across his skin, causing it to burn as if fire ants had taken storm. His eyes leveled on hers, watching as her mask dropped. Well, Dante was pretty intimidating. The nice scar, the blood splatter that speckled his dirty blond hair and rigid face, and those cold uncaring eyes of a man far too used to this s**t. There was a difference between being in the war and just shooting at anyone because they would do the same to you, and being specifically destined to kill one man. You had to study them, their patterns. Sometimes you made the mistake of getting to know them before you drill a bullet through their skull. Sometimes your employer requested slower routes to their demise. It was far more personal, and tore a person apart from the inside out.

There she went, voice cold as ice. His teeth grit hard, his finger rubbing the trigger on her prized Glock. He was itchy to find some way to shut this b***h up. Oh, did he have one. His spine shivered at her act, dredging up old memories. He could still see it, clear as day. His mother standing taller than him, bottle of gin in one hand, holding herself up with the other. Always speaking down at him. Always making him feel like s**t. Alway beating him. The only bad thing that came from the b***h killing herself was that she took his father with her.

The woman's gaze drifted, and Dante's followed. His eyes noted Jamie, and then the woman's mask returned. Sobbing, screaming, and all that s**t. She wanted to make him out to be the ******** bad guy here? He hissed and shoved her back harder by her throat, choking off her words just before pulling back and cursing to the side, taking quick steps to get the Hell out of this alley. He still had his pistol out; he wasn't an idiot. There could still be other bastards with guns about that would want to play their chances.

But, that didn't mean the adopted son and right hand man of the De Stephano mafia lord couldn't laying a cigarette just between his fine lips and light it up with his zippo. He needed something after a nice slaughter.

User Image

Aged Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Kain "One shot" Lazarus
User Image

Kain looked down at Maddison before he looked behind him and saw just a small mutant it was kinda cute but he didn't take a chance shooting at it as it walked away.and the guns shots began to fade away.He looked back at Maddison just as he eyes closed "Hey" he said putting an arm behind her head and lifting her up so that she layed on his chest "I can bandage you back up but you gotta stay awake you lost to much blood" he said taking his gun from her and layed it next to him "I'm going to go for a few seconds to grab my satchel and be right back but you got to stay awake" he said kissing her cheek hoping that would get her to stay awake.He stood up leaned her against a tree and handed her his shotgun before creeping out towards his bike.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

αḋḋïṡøṉ

Maddison opened one eye when he kissed her cheek "I'm not going anywhere fast" She joked, her chuckle was interrupted by a cough. She pulled the gun onto her lap and held in tightly, she fought to keep her eye open until he left.

Once Kain had left she put her head back to rest on the tree and closed her eye again, she knew in the back of her head that she wouldn't be able to shoot anything if it attacked her, and she counted her slow heartbeats as the pounded in her head. Every beat pushed more blood from the gashes in her foot and she continued to mentally beat herself up about it. Slowly her breathes began to match her heartbeat, both becoming slower and slower. The minutes seemed to drag on, it seemed like hours before she herd something approaching her again.

Aged Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Kain "One shot" Lazarus
User Image

Kain was back fairly quickly and crouched next to her and opened his bag and pulling out his medical supplies "Not going to lie haven't had to patch any one up in a long time" he said looking at her foot then back at the supplies before he put her foot on his thigh and began to clean it out and bandage it.He looked at her "You wanna do my a favor and talk I don't like the silence" he said wrapping an ace bandage around her foot "There finished" he said looking at her and pulling her over to him so she could lay on him as he looked around for any other mutants but so far none had come around for a while.

Eloquent Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
                          _ Jamie
                          _ Mood: Nonplussed.
                          _ Currently: Cleanup.
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          Jamie honestly wasn't sure what to make of the scene before him. His weapon remained raised, steady as could be despite the nagging ache in his shoulder and thigh; though neither wound had damaged anything vital, he could feel (now that the initial shock had worn off) the tightness of burned flesh near his neck and the deep itch in the meat of his leg as the muscle tried to knit itself back together. This day was turning out to be a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, and now he stood, frustrated that it wasn't just over. He assessed, with some inward confusion, the cool, barely-hidden rage on Dante's face, and the fear on the woman's as she pleaded, brow knit with emotion, the man's long-fingered hand tightly around her throat. It didn't make sense to him that where he at first appeared to be rescuing this chick, now seemed to be threatening her, gun out, an expression of pure hatred in his eyes that barely translated to the rest of his angular features, and though he had his weapon raised he made a point to not specifically aim it at either of them as he spoke.

"I don't know... what the ******** is going on here, but we all need to get inside before more of those ******** come wondering where their bossman went."

A small jerk of his head indicated he was referring to the relative safety of the diner. Inwardly, he wondered whether or not he wanted either of these people to come back with him; Dante had aided him in a time of great need, despite Jaime's having burst in like a half-crazed a*****e waving a gun around, but this woman was unarmed and seemed defenseless, especially compared to the scarred, gun-toting man holding her roughly in place. Before he could do anything more, however, Dante had released her (much to his relief; he didn't feel like getting into s**t with the guy who'd saved him, much less when his own gun had no more bullets in it), and stepped away to light up a cigarette. He wasn't going to waste the moment of calm, moving forward and addressing the woman directly.

"You look like you're alright... mostly..."

His green eyes flicked for a brief instant to the nasty graze on her arm.

"And I don't know what you did to piss him off so much, but you can either come inside or stay out here and die. Your call."

It did strike him as odd that Dante had gone from attempting to drag her out of harms way to pinning her against a wall as if she were the one who'd been shooting at them (even though he knew she wasn't), and additionally he wasn't sure what she was doing out in the open during a firefight, but he wasn't about to just let her fend for herself. He did, however add somewhat callously,

"Know, though, that I like this place. Be cool, and we'll get along fine. Start s**t, and I'm going to have to shoot you."

The words were not spoken angrily, and were obviously not a threat, but more of a statement of fact. The diner was the first place that had felt like home in years, and he wasn't about to let anyone ******** this up for him. Without a second glance, he turned on his heel and exited the alley, moving back out into the open lot to search the fallen raiders for ammunition.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

αḋḋïṡøṉ

Maddison would have kicked him in the face when he grabbed her foot, but all that happened was a little twitch, one that almost mimicked the facial twitch from the pain that radiated from her foot when he was cleaning it "Be gentle" She bit out through her gritted teeth. Relief flooded her body when he let her foot go and pulled her into him again "What do you want to talk about Kain?" She kept her eyes closed as she spoke, her weakness was mirrored in the faintness of her voice.

Her body trembled as she tried to sit herself back up, slowly her eyes fluttered open "ask me anything" She gave a small smile before she started coughing again, each cough felt like a punch to her chest. 'What is happening to me' She asked herself, she hadn't felt this way in years and the last time she did she was trapped in the basement of her house while the world exploded into chaos. Maddison closed her eyes again while her mind flashed back to those horrible weeks, screaming for help and eating anything she could find, the days she couldn't pick herself up, until and after shock loosened the rubble above her so she could climb out. A tear crept down Maddison's cheek as she blinked her eyes open coming back to reality.

Aged Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Kain "One shot" Lazarus
User Image

Kain shrugged slightly "I don't know tell me about your life before all of this tell me the things you loved to do the things you did every day" he said in her ear before a screech of a mutant pierced the air before echoing away.He picked up his shotgun and looking around the area slowly as he spotted a big cat like mutant "Don't scream" he whispered as he loaded a shell into the shotgun and aimed it at the mutant.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

αḋḋïṡøṉ

Maddison smiled fondly at those memories "I love photography, I would run around all day with my Rolliflex type 2" She weakly made the motion like she was taking a picture of Kain "I'd spend hours on end in my dark room in the basement developing pictures, it was a passion of mine" Maddison flopped herself back over in his lap and closed her eyes again "I also did modeling, mostly pin up stuff" She continued "spent a lot of time with my dog, I miss him terribly" She realized she had started to ramble her voice becoming raspier as she went on "What about you Kain?" She raised a finger weakly and poked him in the chest "Where were you before all this?" She questioned.

Aged Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Kain "One shot" Lazarus
User Image

Kain watched the cat mutant closely before it trotted off with a small growl.He put the gun down and looked down at her.He sighed "I was a navy SEAL for about ten or fifteen years then during one of my missions we got setup by the united states government and my entire team was killed and I was stuck with the blood,they blamed me and put me in a maximum security federal prison about a year or two before all this s**t went down and I broke out just to come out looking at all of this" he said taking a deep breath.He smiled "I had a brother who I picked up on my way out of the town I was in back about a year then we met Ollie and he let us stay around as long as we were of use and all we did was make food runs,after about a year of that my brother was shot dead and now I just drink kill and look for food and more drink" he said with a chuckle.

Eloquent Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

'I will do whatever it takes, anything I have to, to survive.'

|| Maxwell ||
                          || Currently || -- Watching.
                          || Feeling || -- Hungry.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

From across the large parking lot, tucked away in an abandoned, dilapidated apartment building, a skinny, dark-haired man crouched by a window, fingers laced into the cracked boards that covered the dust-covered windows, peering out with pitch-colored eyes at the violent, grisly scene that had unfolded before him. For weeks he'd been holed-up on the top floor of the tenement, slipping out occasionally in the middle of the night to scavenge for whatever food he could find, usually settling for berries and small rodents, since the supplies that his base camp had sent him out with had long since run out. Stingy ********. They'd barely given him enough to last a week of eating enough to sustain a normal human, let alone long enough to really get a feel for what the rugged owner of this run-down diner had going on down here. He'd watched, taking careful written notes of each person that came and went, keeping track of their movements, and up until this point he knew that nobody had even the slightest clue he was there. The gentle scratching of his pencil seemed deafening to him in the stark silence of his hideaway, especially after the cacophony of gunfire that had just finally subsided, and he jumped slightly at a raspy, ragged-sounding mewling noise from behind him. He smiled, faintly, as he turned to see his only friend, an enormous black and gray alleycat, staring at him incredulously from its one huge tawny-colored eye, and holding a large rat in its oversized jaws. Max made a small noise through his teeth and the animal stalked over, dropping the rodent at his feet and puffing his chest proudly as Max picked it up by the tail and whispered approvingly.

"You're getting better."

The tone of his soft voice was teasing, and the cat gave him a "******** you" look before turning his back, tail in the air, and creeping to his corner where a makeshift bed and small dish of water sat waiting for him. He knew that nothing down below was going to change as far as the diner was concerned, so Maxwell took a moment to skin and dress the rat, leaving the bones intact, then setting it aside and turning on his small propane stove to cook himself and his partner supper. It wasn't much, but his companion's daily kills were enough to keep them going, and with a tiny amount of salt and pepper it would taste decent enough to not come back up. Small blessings. This place, though, had outlived its usefulness, and he knew that it was nearing time to either report back to camp or actually approach the diner, which he was extremely hesitant to do. Social skills had never been his strong suit, and lately it seemed more and more difficult to keep his thoughts in order. He knew that there was no way he could manipulate anyone in his current frame of mind, but his concern that he might not even make it back to camp was also an extremely pressing one. The residents of the diner were bound to find out he was there eventually, and he was pretty sure they wouldn't be thrilled to discover just how long he'd been watching them.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Tristan AswellUser Image
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Everything was said and done. Silence had fallen. Was everyone dead? No. Was everyone calm? Unnaturally so. Was he calm? ******** no! The DMT was not a kind substance in the least! In his mind, all of this was his fault. In his mind, he was destroying himself one malicious thing after another.

'It was your fault! You left Lottie! You destroyed her for the rest of her life, just like your Uncle!' "No..." He curled up closer on himself, eyes shutting tight and brow furrowing.

'It was your fault! You're not good enough for them! Winnifred left you! Your child wants to make you suffer! Can't you do anything right!?' He dropping his head, the nausea picking right back up again. His hands ran through his very long and tangled hair, fists curling into in. "No...!"

'Now you're just repeating the same cycles! Falling into a new world, getting the s**t beaten out of you, dying; it's never going to end. This is all because YOU couldn't be strong enough twenty one years ago! YOU let that man make you into what you are today. A freak of nature!' He grit his teeth hard, tearing at his hair as his head pounded! He fell into such inner turmoil, his body shoving up against the wall. He couldn't deny it. Immortality was so odd to people. If you brought it up on Earth, well... he had been strung up and killed again... and again... and again. Why? So that they could show off that he'd always come back. That nothing could kill him.

What hurt more than the uncontrollable forces of nature or accidents being the cause of the damage, was his own kind; his own people; showing off their cruelty. It was so easy to push the memories away; to forget them simply to continue on with his daily routine. It was, on the other hand, excruciatingly difficult to do so while this very tripping drug was still taking siege.

His had fell back, his body shuddering as his hands fell limp to his sides. Like a man that had thrown down his sword and given in, waiting for the final moment where he would be struck for the very last time. He just wanted to resign. Right now, nothing would be easier than just that. Giving up.

And there tears fell, searing his face as they plowed their own paths, each finding the same end; meeting at his neck, and falling as one long strand down his bloodied shirt. It itched. It annoyed the skin and nerves. He wanted to scratch and tear and slap the skin wherever his tears led. He just did not have the energy to right now.

User Image

«Interacting With... Inner Thoughts ... »

«Appearance and Attire... [This is Me][My Current Attire] »

«Currently Residing In... Diner »

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

αḋḋïṡøṉ

Maddison listened to him tell her his story, she could feel her heart shaking because she just wanted to cry. She patted his arm right until the part where he said he liked to kill people, her mind went blank for a moment as she shifted and moved away. Maddison's body reacted to the statement before her mind did, she moved herself backwards and against a tree with her hand over her dagger before her brain told her to relax. "You would have killed me already if you were going to right?" She asked quickly because her stomach was revolting against all the movement. She turned and threw everything she had eaten up, shaking she dropped to the floor clenching her stomach, she groaned a bit and wiped her mouth weakly with her hand. "Sorry" She apologized without moving her body besides a random shudder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces