Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wrangler

(( i'm still on all evening, so if anyone shows up just jump in and i'll join you. ;3 ))

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden listen to his every word and nodded. She knew there was hardly any money left out there, she herself only had a little saved up. She also knew how much stuff could be traded for food or shelter."I..I don't need money..what good would it do..And i'd take any kind of pay.. I a..also have a few things I could give you f..for trade use?" She said the last part more so as a question. She didn't know how much good the few jars of thing she had would do the diner but it was better then nothing. She looked around the place again.

She turned on the spot and looked at the girl as she came in.It had been a while since she saw another female, and this one reminded her of her sister, but this girl was older. She looked at her only for a second then gave a small smile to show she meant no harm, then turned back and looked down at the bar. She stood there waiting for the kind man to return. She hoped more then anything she could at least stay and help for a little while, it felt nice to be around people who weren't trying to kill her or steal her goods.
User Image

Location; A...resturant?X Doing; Exploring X Thinking; Hm... X Wearing;

Soni thanked the man for the ride and watched as he drove away. There was more that twenty people in that car and the man had been gracious enough to let her join the ride. She rubbed her eyes and blinked a bit. Her eyes had been aching for a while, but she didn't know why. They were probably red and poofy. She took out her old sunglasses and put them on. They were one of the things she hadn't traded yet, for money or food. She decided to keep them after her eyes began give up on her. She felt as if she was one of the people, who's body got too intoxicated and would die early. Though she was glad she was still able to get herself together. It all depended on survival of the fittest. Others were just waiting to die unlike her. She sighed and continued her walk down the dirt road.

From far a way she could see a small building. It was covered in weeds, and it's parking lot was getting devoured by the grass. It showed a sign of life as the 'Diner' light flickered. As she got closer, she felt her lungs give out on her. She bent over a bit as her hands clenched on her stomach. She coughed hastely then wiped her mouth as her breathing got better. She didn't want to go inside while she was coughing. They would probably asume she was a weakling and take advantage.

She casually opened the door to the resturant and noticed two other people inside. A boy, or so she thought, and another girl with binoculars. Then there was a man with an apron, who was probably the owner. She took a seat nearby and inhaled the sweet smell of food. Shoot. She didn't have any money, but maybe she could find something to trade for. She took of her sunglasses and rubbed her eyes. They felt better now that they weren't so much exposed to the outside. She sniffed and waited for some service. Guessed she wasn't the only one looking for a job. She turned and noticed the short haired person wasn't a guy but a girl by the sound of her voice. She turned around and kept to herself. It was always better to keep to yourself these days.

ooc: Sorry for any mistakes..doing a quick post c:

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Well, you're right about that." He returned to the spot at the counter in front of the girl, shrugging on the subject of money. "It ain't good for much. Guess I still take it outta nostalgia, or somethin' like that." Oliver jerked his chin in the direction of the old cash register, sitting proudly (and mostly empty) at the other end of the counter. "Maybe faith?" he mused, but shook the thought off with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Well, you don't gotta pay me to hire you. But if you wanna trade for some grub, I can rustle you something up, let you fill your stomach while you think up of what you wanna do to help 'round here. I got lotsa potatoes, like I said. Some beans maybe... yeah, I think I got some beans. Watcha got for tradin', anyhow? I'll take just 'bout anything if it's edible, although I won't say no to a good sharp knife. Some a*****e ran off with my best one last week, you imagine that? Prolly gonna do nothing good with it, either." He wrinkled his nose in distaste and drummed his fingers against the countertop.

Just then - what do you know - the door chime sounded another time, bringing in another newcomer who sat quietly by the counter. Ollie lifted his fingers to his forehead in a mock-salute, a sort of personal joke with himself.

"Mornin', honey. You want yourself some coffee, or somethin' to chow down on?"

Lucky Wrangler

((hi touche! o u o i edited my post.))

Dangerous Elder

User Image

She looked back up at him as he came back over. She then looked back down the counter at the register. She smiled a little, it was shaped like the toy one her sister played with. She shook the old thoughts from her head and looked back at him.She wasn't really hungry, but she did have a few things to offer up. She opened her bag then turned to look as yet another female came in to the diner. she gave her another small smile and then turned back to her bag. She started to dig through the stuff inside before slowly pulling items out.

She pulled out a small thing of money and set it down. Then she pulled out a few jars with the outsides covered in black duct tape. She looked at each one for a second then nodded and pulled out a small knife and a sharping stone. She set them down as well and then pulled out a note book and some pens. " i can...also trade for a drawing or two." she opened the book to a page with a drawing of a tall male leaning against a tree while watching the sun set.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

As much as Oliver liked to think he wasn't a greedy man, he couldn't keep the glimmer of interest out of his eyes as he watched the girl pull things out of her bag.

Some jars, first - taped over. Maybe so they wouldn't break? Either way, they had him feeling both hopeful and wary. Could be something tasty - could be something completely terrifying. He had encountered both sorts of things in jars before. Like that time - oh, he'd rather not think about it. What would his new customer think if she saw him dry-heaving into the sink? No, no. Best to stick to decent thoughts.

The knife captured his attention soon after - a little small for cooking, but he wasn't complaining. He ran the edge of the blade against the sharpening stone and smiled in satisfaction.

"Well this is mighty nice, Miss. And watcha got in the jars there?" He reached over to drag the blade down along the edge of the black tape so he could peel it away, but got distracted by the flurry of white sketchbook paper. He really liked to think of himself as a practical man, who had little use for things like art and - wait, hold on a sec. She was good. He let out a low whistle gesturing with the hilt of his knife at the man by the tree.

"Who's that fellow?"

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden looked at him as he picked up the knife and drug it over the stone. She had taken care of all her knifes over time, the small one was the only one she felt she could part with at the moment. She watched as he started to but the tape but once he saw the note book he stopped. She looked to he drawing then back up at him. "H...he was an old friend from before the wars.. I saw him once since and drew this while waiting around.."She looked a little happy at past thoughts then saddened again. She looked away as she felt her face drop a little.

She packed the pens back in her bag, they had been hard to come by in recent times and she wasn't willing to leave them out for someone to walk in and take. She ran her figure tips over the drawing, feeling each and every little bump and groove left by the tools she used to draw it. " The jars..One is pickles, one is black beans with a little water..and the other..well i'm pretty sure its beats.."She smiles a little at the last part. With each person that came in, her voice seemed to get softer and softer so only he could hear what she was saying. The other girls looked nice but she was still a little wary of everyone these days.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Oh. Well, he still around?" He tried - but, something about the quickly-disappearing smile on the girl's face told him maybe he shouldn't get his hopes up. Saddened him, strangely, how the world was once full of people he'd now never get to meet - although his rational half told him that didn't make any damn sense, feeling sad about not meeting people you didn't even know. Could be they were all assholes, no?

"You say pickles?" He perked up, turning his gaze back to the jars with interest. "********. And beans, too?" He licked his lips - then turned a somewhat paler shade when she mentioned the third jar. That... didn't sound so much edible.

He lowered his hand to touch each lid in turn, trying to pick out the one that was, apparently, beating. He wasn't particularly sure he wanted that on his hands, not after the last thing. "I mean sure, there's some people out there who'd eat just about anything but... I tend to like sticking to the classics, you know. Fries, beans, eggs and steak. Jeez, when's the last time you had steak?" He sighed wistfully, then glanced over at the man by the tree again.

"You draw real good, Miss. What's your name, anyhow? 'm Oliver, but I figure you know that much seein' I signed off on the 'help wanted' sign."

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User Image

• username:
Janie Knight
• character name:
Amanda Ellis Endgames
• age, gender & orientation:
30,Female, and straight
• backstory:
Amanda grew up with two very loving sort of parents. Her actions and manners were always on the odd side and she always had a different sort of life. She was a very good cook a few years before the wars happened and she was drafted as a medical aid considering her mothers background. Now though she just wonders from place to place mostly looking for anything interesting.Also a collector of interesting items.After all she has been in the radiation has affected in a few different ways.
• any radiation effects?
pyrokinetic,telekinetic and seems to look younger then what she really is.
• role:
Looking for a job

Lucky Wrangler

((hiyo, welcome. gonna add your profile. also i looove that bunny in your sig unf so fluffy))

Dangerous Elder

User Image

She watched as he light up as she spoke of the pickles. She pushed the second,black tape jar towards him. She had put a small number on the top of the jars and so she knew what was inside each. She twisted the lid off and it gave a small popping sound as the seal was broken. She then turned to the last jar, and blushed a little when she realized what she had made him think. "n..No..BEEts..."She said more clear this time. She opened it as well and showed him inside. There where no little animal hearts or anything waiting inside, just the little, eatable veggies.

She shook her head when he asked about her old friend. "No..Killed in a battle to protect family's.." This time, no emotion showed on her face as she spoke of that day. She forced herself not to think about it as she held out her hand to him."I am..Aiden Star"She said and smiled once more. She used her free hand to point to the drawing. "I can trade you..one drawing like this..for a cup of coffee the three females in here now."She pointed to herself and the others."I'll also give you the pickles."

[[that was a spelling fail on my part..so sorry T^T]]

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User Image

Amanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects
pyrokinetic,telekinetic and seems to look younger then what she really is.

Amanda was doing what she normally did. Which was to wonder about the area to see if she could find anything interesting but so far she had found nothing interesting as of yet. Though she figured that perhaps a quick stop might work to cure her boredom. Not to mention who knows of the types of people she would run into. She had been exposed to radiation before and she figured it would either kill her or give her some sort of edge. It was all a mix bag but she knew she had a few things going for her already. Those perks came in handy when she found trouble. Which not was not all that often in grand scheme of things.

Her eyes soon caught sight of a red dinner sign. "Now that's interesting."she spoke in a soft voice as she ran her fingers though her long blonde hair. She adjusted her black backpack with a certain ease before she pushed the door open. Her eyes took a quick glance around of the people in the dinner before she took a seat on a stool. "It's been so long since I found one of these that work."She spoke with amusement in her voice as she was spinning in the seat.

(Well thank you I figure the bunny was epic.)

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Oh, beets!" Oliver laughed, wiping his hands off on his apron. "That's a relief! Whatcha have to go and say it was beating for?" The misunderstanding cheered him up for a moment, until she mentioned her friend's death. Well, that was a damn shame. Ollie had seen plenty men and women die that way - it was never a cheerful thought.

Shaking off the unpleasant thought, he looked up at the girl that had just entered. There was something sort of... odd about her, he noted. Not downright odd like the had a second set of arms of anything of that sort (he'd seen that before) - but just unusual. She looked young, he might even have said as young as Aiden, except... no. Aw, hell. What was he going on about, judging folks. People could look like whatever they wanted to look like, as far as he was concerned.

"'ello there. My friend Aiden here's just done and bought the whole diner coffees, so I s'ppose I'll start you off with that? We got potatoes, if you want some grub. An' beans, an' pickles." He poured her a coffee and wiped down the counter (as if someone had gotten it dirty since the last time he had wiped it).

"What kinda drawing you wanna give me?" He asked Aiden, propping his elbow up against the counter.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden jumped a little as the girl sat down and started to spin on the chair. She looked at her and put her head lightly to the side, trying to put her finger on what was a little off about this girl. She shrugged and looked at her notebook again. She pulled small pen out of her back and started to write a few ideas down. She couldn't help but smile at the fact that she had misspoken and made him think of something beating in the jars. She knew people out there would do something like that, but the thought along made her stomach turn.

She shook her head lightly, her short black hair tossing around a little. She looked at Ollie again and smiled once more. "I can do almost anything you like." She said proudly. She had had a lot of free time since all the wars had taken away most things in life. She turned page after page to show him a few of the others she had worked on. There were a few of what some of the city's used to look like, all done from memory. And there where others of people and even one of a small trading post she had passed once a long time ago.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff