Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Right." Ollie nodded. "Water." He fetched Nelly enough to mix the dried milk, then headed out into the dining room, nodded to the customers there and knelt to turn on the jukebox. It lit up like Christmas, lights running cheerily up and down the sides. He set it to playing a sequence of songs, old crackly recordings playing over the speaker. It was old-fashioned even for him, but it wasn't like he had any choice about it. It was something.

He'd always liked Loretta Lynn, anyway.

Returning to the kitchen, he joined Nelly and looked mildly surprised when he was asked about his singer's arms. He'd figured that was the sort of information people might awkwardly brush aside, not ask about some more.

But it was a valid question. "Both, easily. The band was just an evening thing, in the days he delivered beer. Carrying around kegs like that, well, tends to fill your arms out some. And your chest. And... well, I ain't seen a man like that in a long while." It wasn't anyone's fault. There wasn't enough food to be healthy, and there wasn't any beer to deliver. He thought about this sad fact for a moment, until Nelly distracted him by cutting his finger on the edge of the knife.

"Careful there. I, uh..." Right. First aid. Not his strong suit. He grabbed a towel and passed it to Nelly, then glanced at Amanda hopelessly. Maybe she knew how to do something - she was good at... things. Actually, she seemed good at just about everything.

Time-traveling Astronomer

User Image
Nelly

Nelly imagined the arms but then pressed the towel to his finger. It was a small cut, but as the nerves in your fingertips were the most sensitive, it hurt like s**t.

"I'm fine, just... find me something to wrap securely around it, so it doesn't come off while I'm making the pie." Nelly realized Ollie was hopeless when it came to first aid. He removed the towel. The bleeding had stopped, but one wrong move and it would reopen.

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User ImageAmanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects
pyrokinetic,telekinetic and seems to look younger then what she really is.

Amanda had been about a fourth of the way though with her cleaning of the above grease trap when she felt someone staring at her. Which made her duck her head down to see it was Ollie looking over at her in a hopeless manner. Which then her eyes looked over at the new guy as he was pressing a towel to his finger. Which she got off the stove in a causal sort of manner. Which she cleaned it up before walking over. She was taking her bag off again and was looking about in one of pouches.

"So if you don't myself asking what's your name?"She asked as she looked up at the male who had cut himself. Her eyes went over to the knife and picked it. Which she took a pot and place the knife in it. Her eyes darted back down to the pouch and she found herself a Hello Kitty band aid that would work for around the finger.

User Image
Nelly

"Nelly. I know, it's a girl's name, but I hate my realy name." He looked embarrassed. "And my last and middle names aren't important. What IS important is that I make this pie." He looked at his ingredients. He'd make it work.

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
radiation effects

"I really don't think the gender of a name holds much meaning now in days."She spoke as she looked up and saw him being embarrassed. "I once knew a guy who was named Sue though that's a story for a different time."She added as she carefully placed the band aid on his finger with a certain ease. "I could use the liquid band aid but something tells me your not wanting to wait for that to dry."She spoke as she noticed he was looking at the ingredients.

With that she walked over to where the pot was and got some water. Which she placed in the pot and then put the pot on the stove and turned on the burner. "Anyway the name is Amanda in case you care to know."

Beloved Cutie-Pie

13,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
[[I am so frozen. so I think I will tuck in for the night see ya'll tomorrow]]

User Image
Nelly

Nelly smiled. "It's nice to meet you Amanda." He turned back to his ingredients and the bowl he'd use to mix them all and got to work.

In no time flat, Nelly had found a round, oven safe pan to use and carefully, almost magically, lined the pan with the batter. He added the apples and cinnamon, then put the rest of the batter on top. It helped it was thick. It wouldn't be the prettiest pie, but by God it would taste good. He put it in the oven and cut the oven on. It would take longer that way, but whatever.

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
User ImageHolding Tristan up by the back of his shirt he cocked his head to the side and shrugged. Death was a natural part of life he thought as he marched out of the Diner toward the building across the street. But, he said to himself, I better do something for this guy, I'd hate to have to eat him later, he looks scrawny. Frowning he leaned in and listened, there was no air getting in, nodding he clasped him with both hands, one on his back and the other on his chest and pressed like a vice, his iron band like arms gently pressing his chest in and out like a bellows, all while he walked toward the opposite end of the street.

Looking back at Aiden while he was doing this he nervously grinned and said, "Er, he's not breathing, probably panic or shot, gotta depress his chest and force air in his lungs . . . oh wait that's right!" Making a face of consternation he pinched Tristan's nose and well . . . he too a deep breath and blew into the poor boy's lungs firmly. He did this once or twice and watched for signs of change, also he stopped walking as they in front of the Motel across the street.

(Sorry for the delay, I play with muh boy for a while before I start rp'ing, and yes like a wild hog he will probably make the attempt to eat you good naturedly ~_^.)

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
radiation effects

"Well it's nice to meet you as well Nelly."She spoke with a certain ease in her voice as she was cleaning up a few of the counters. While Nelly was busy with making things she was setting things up to clean the dishes. After all the woman could never stand anything to be dirty for too long. Though it certainly seemed like Nelly knew his way around the kitchen.

"So are you going to be sticking around for awhile or are you just stopping by?"She figured she would ask in a curious voice.

User Image
Nelly

Nelly looked at Amanda. "I'm sticking around." He looked back at the stove. "All I have to do is keep an eye on it. Should at least take an hour."

Nelly leaned against the counter.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Tristan AswellUser Image
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Tristan never thought he could experience any greater physical torture. His body jolted every time the man's hands compressed his chest, only lodging the broken ribs further against and into his lungs. everything went dark, a low rasp escaping with every push of air out, but it was only getting softer, and softer, and softer... his lungs just could not pull anything back in. they were filling not with air, but with his own blood.

As the air traveled down his throat, he only had one last thought. Could everyone of this world seriously be this stupid? Or was this on purpose? Were these people just as cruel as those that caused the initial damage? That couldn't just leave him crippled, but smothered him in blows until he could be left for the wolves? These two couldn't have just brought their supplies to him, up get a flat board to lay him on, or just let him walk on his own damned two feet. No, they decided holding the man with the broken ribs over the shoulder like a sack of potatoes was actually a SWELL IDEA.

Before the man's mouth oven left Tristan's, his convulsed, blood spurting out like a sputtering water fountain. His eyes faded only more, his last thoughts going to Winnifred. Where was she? She could have stopped this. If she were here, she would have doted over him. He couldn't survive alone. Tears built up in his old eyes, the immortal knowing full well that this wouldn't be the end. Now, just a very painful blackout that would lead to an excruciatingly annoying recovering.

His body made its last twitch, blood spilling loosely from his mouth, and finally he was nothing more than a rag doll.

Stupidity killed the man.

User Image

«Interacting With... Aiden, Idiot... »

«Appearance and Attire... [This is Me][My Current Attire] »

«Currently Residing In... Just outside diner »

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
(hehehe, I'm an idiot.)

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
( you're laughing? D: )

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Cooking Sherry
( you're laughing? D: )

(Eh, I'm playing a half feral nut ball, er . . . but I'm not really laughing, so . . . um, my apologies, what should I do here? I'm not usually in these situations.)

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden quickly opened the doors to one of the rooms. She gathered all of her strength and took Tristan's limp form the man and laid him on the bed. She then handed the man a jar of green beans since it was the only thing she had on her other then her art at the moment then gave him a quick thank you before shutting and locking the door. She knelled next to the bed and thought hard for a moment. She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. She had caused this boys death by asking the man to help move him. She wanted to only help him but in the end she only got someone else killed, again. She had her head down on the bed, sobbing lightly. She lifted it to look at him. She bite her lip and then lightly grasped the males hand in her own and shut her eyes."Please...Don't be dead..please.." She didn't notice at all when a small blue light began to glow from her own hands. She felt the warmth but she thought it was only coming from Tristan's body heat.

The blue light slowly grew brighter and brighter. Soon it covered Tristan's body totally and Aiden opened her eyes, a gasp passing her lips. She tried to pull her own hand away but something in the back of her mind told her not to. She kept still, watching. Slowly she could see the wounds on his face and other visible parts of his body healing. She shook her head even as she watched. How the hell could a simple girl like her could be seeing, let alone, doing this. She head bones snap back into place and she placed her other hand over his chest. She could feel each of the broken ribs healing. She didn't know how long she sat there watching it but it must of been a while. When the blue light faded back to nothing,she noticed a medium sized medical cross appearing on her lower left forearm. She sat there looking at it, then back at Tristan, hoping that whatever the light had been, had come before it was to late.

She felt light headed and sick to her stomach, and something didn't feel right but she pushed it all aside and hoped he would wake up.

[[Maybe she shouldn't of lived in the middle of where the bombs fell for so long >.>. And i hope this is alright with you Ollie, and yes, it will have limits to it as well as after effects so she just can't go around healing every dead thing out there.]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff