I'm a hero 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 2 ]
I'm a villain 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 3 ]
I'm on my own side 0.35714285714286 35.7% [ 10 ]
I like turtles 0.46428571428571 46.4% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16 >

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                wearing xxxxx mood: uh-oh! xxxxx with: maxxie the golden retreiver, bram, emma xxxxx location: the park

Training therapy dogs was not a difficult task, not in the mind of Bobby Halliwell at least. He loved the experience of teaching a young creature simple tricks and getting the pups to emote calmness and playful youth. Maxxie, of course, was no different. The eager young pup had learned many of the basic commands and, within the confines of the large and encompassing fence of the dog park, had yet to tear too terribly far from his trainer. Bobby was pleased, feeding the blonde pup a bounty of treats throughout their first bout of time together. He mingled with other dogs, Bobby careful to keep Maxxie close by, though the retriever wasn’t on a leash.

It must have been almost an hour before Bobby, rubbing his long nose before stretching his body upwards towards the warm sun, decided it was time for a small break. He plopped himself down in the grass, pulling a bowl and a bottle of water out of his bag and filling the bowl with a bit of the water which Maxxie quickly lapped up. Bobby, relaxed against the hard earth, took a long gulp of the remaining water from the bottle. The young pup had laid himself down in the grass, Bobby scratching him softly behind the ears as he took his time to observe the other occupants of the dog park.

School would be letting out, jobs would be finishing up for the work week. Sure enough, the park had begun to fill and busy itself with families, children, college students, and the sparser singles enjoying their time with their beloved pets and family treasures. Bobby pushed himself up off the ground, brushing his bottom off and tossing the water bottle back into a pile with his stuff.

”Aight, Maxxie.” He said in a light tone as the dog lifted onto all fours, wagging his tail swiftly behind him. Bobby reached into his pocket to pull out a bright green tennis ball and waving in front of the attentive dog. They had trained for long enough. This was about enjoying themselves and winding down before Maxxie was taken back with the rest of the therapy-trainees in Bobby’s group.

Back and forth. Bobby threw the ball and Maxxie brought it back is if never even close to panting with any sort of exhaustion or fatigue. Still, Bobby tossed the lime green orb once again, watching it soar quickly while Maxxie chased after it. Only, this time, be became distracted. This time, the dog spotted a little girl playing with three larger and more fierce looking pups being observed by an older man, presumably the girl’s father. Maxxie turned to look back at Bobby, then to the ball, and then (almost as if comically) to the three dogs before he began to sprint off.

Bobby was quick, sprinting off to attempt to catch the retriever with a loud ”Maxxie, no!”. As fast as Bobby may have been and as long as his legs were, he would never have been able to catch an energetic fifteen month old puppy on the best of days. He reached his hands out to catch Maxxie, hoping that by some miracle the dog would just stop in his tracks.

Almost as if it were a miracle the dog seemed to life into the air almost a foot, his legs still furiously paddling themselves forward to no avail. Bobby seemed not to notice as he caught up to Maxxie, swooping him into his arms and holding him tight to his chest just a yard and a half from the little girl and her three dogs.

”Sorry about that! Didn’t think he’d try and blast away from me like that…” Bobby explained, flashing an apologetic smile to the man on the bench as his breath caught up with him.

User Image
                User Image

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

Finally, she had names for the both of them- Calum was the last to introduce himself, shaking the other guy's hand before passing the repaired radio back to him. It didn't escape Valerie's attention that he'd turned to face her when he'd given them his name, a gesture that she was both impressed by and appreciative of... Especially considering that they'd only just met. Most times, it took several conversations before people started remembering to always face her when they spoke. She wouldn't hold it against him if he slipped up some, though.

It was still hard to follow conversation regardless, however, especially when one of the people talking spoke between bites of food. And especially because she kept glancing away from their lips to write in her notepad, not wanting to be left out. For a brief moment, Valerie contemplated excusing herself and heading back to her apartment to finish her movie. Hell, she was still only dressed in her pajamas!

But if she was anything at all, she was stubborn... So until Calum asked them to leave, she was staying where she was. The redhead was able to at least catch the gist of what they were talking about- cops and villains and something about using that radio to follow the happenings of the city. That absolutely piqued Valerie's interest, her curious gaze settling on Riley. She pressed the pen to the notepad in her hand, ready to start scribbling out the question that had popped in her head... Only to stop, glancing back up. If she wanted to keep up with their conversation, continuously looking away wasn't going to get her anywhere. So with a sigh, she clicked the end of the pen to close it, shoving it and the pad into the pocket of her robe.

"Are you trying to be a vigilante...?" Valerie spoke aloud that time, her words tinged with a hint of a French accent. She ignored the self-consciousness she felt at the voice she knew wasn't as clear or precise at theirs, her expression showing no hint of discomfort when she raised an eyebrow and looked back to Riley. The redhead usually avoided conversations for this very reason- eventually, she always ended up using her voice. But she was already sucked into this one, between Riley's potential vigilante activities and the interesting way that Calum could manipulate electronics.

The latter of those two men was asking her if she was Deaf, the movement of him pointing to his ear capturing her attention. Valerie didn't need to use her voice to answer Calum's question- she simply nodded in response, giving him a little smile. And Riley was pulling out a pen and pad of his own, making her wonder if he was going to write things down on it for her to read- and that little smile grew just a bit wider at the gesture she hoped she wasn't wrong about.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

apparel xxx thoughts - "..." xxx with - calum, riley xxx location - calum's apartment

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Emma Avery

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,

Emma seemed to have endless energy, but she was only just able to keep ahead of the three dogs. She would have been able to give them much more of a chase if she had been allowed to use her wings. However, her father had taught her that using her powers in public could be dangerous. She'd learned that after she had accidentally unleashed her pixie dust on her classmates in kindergarten. Her father had been able to cover it all up and the media bought the story of it being something in the water. Then he had set about teaching her to control her abilities, so that she wouldn't be in danger of people trying to take advantage of her.

As she ran, however, Emma became aware that she and her dogs suddenly had company. Emma turned and spotted a blonde man just as he scooped up a fluffy Golden Retriever puppy. Apparently the little pup had wanted to play too! She completely missed the fact that the dog had been levitating and was instead all sorts of thrilled to be near the puppy. Emma loved her dogs, of course, but puppies were so cute! However, she didn't run to pet the fluffy thing. The man was a stranger, and Emma had always been uneasy around strangers. The reactions of the three dogs jsut served to make her even more uncertain of the man.

Bruno, Opal, and Winston had all been trained as guard dogs. They were meant to protect the little girl from her father's enemies. Bruno and Opal subtly moved themselves between the man and the puppy, while Winstone stayed staunchly at Emma's side. The animals created a barrier between their charge and the stranger, and didn't move until Bram rose from the bench and approached. Emma watched curiously as her father spoke with the man. He didn't seem to think the man was any sort of danger and so Emma felt comfortable enough to move from behind her furry guardians and approach the man with the puppy.

"Can I pet him?" she asked, pointing at the puppy that still seemed to be trying to chase the ball she was holding.

Run on the top of the disheveled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Maxwell Graves

I hear sweet music in the morning rain
In laughing rivers deep and low

Max tried to keep humming, but when Gyles started to yawn he couldn't help but laugh. It was funny, really, how quickly he could affect people when he was really concentrating. Gyles almost looked like he was ready to just pass out right where he was sitting. But then, wasn't that the point? He hadn't wanted his friend to feel uncomfortable or unsafe here, and the memories of his mother's lullaby had always helped Max feel safe and warm and secure. It stood to reason that the old song would do the same for his new found friend. Max picked up the soda can sitting on the coffee table and took a sip from it.

"It's okay," he responded to Gyles' apology, "I was sort of expecting it. I've never actually told anyone about what I can do, and I was pretty sure you were going to think I was nuts." Max shrugged and toyed with the pop tab on the soda can again, until he popped it off. He sighed and stood up, wandering into the kitchen to throw it out. Max's stomach grumbled at him and he decided that food sounded like a good idea. He opened one of the cupboards and asked, "Hey Gyles, c'mere. I'm hungry so I'm gonna make some food, you want anything?"

As Max was rummaging through the cupboards, a key turned in the front door's lock. It opened and a massive man - Max's father - stepped inside. He had just gotten off of work and was still wearing the drab olive coveralls that the city's sanitation department wore. He carried a bright orange safety vest in one hand, which he tossed over one of the hooks by the door. "I'm home!" he shouted as he walked into the living room. He paused, however, when he spotted the stranger sitting on the couch. The thought that his son had a friend over didn't even cross his mind. Max was a good kid but he was shy too, he'd never brought friends over. The former super's mind jumped right to the worst possible conclusion and he frowned at Gyles. 'Who the hell're you?" he asked gruffly.

The sound of music moved my heart to sing
And takes my mind where gentle breezes blow

Wheezing Pumpkin

11,075 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

C A L U M R I C H A R D H A Y N E S
Car Mechanic »» Techno »» Technopathy

Calum raised an eyebrow at Riley as he shrugged off the villain comment. "I guess it's been pretty calm recently. Usually if there was a chaotic villain attack they would let everyone know. Police, firefighters, paramedics included. Think about it, the villain could set a building on fire or hold hostages, or even cause a disease outbreak." Calum tried to explain the best he could, he was pretty sure this guy was hiding something from him but he wasn't gonna blatantly ask, that would get him no where. Calum could discuss superhero and super villains all day long, not that he would really want to, he did enough research after finding out he had powers. The young boy glanced around his apartment, noting how messy his was. He was a teenage boy who was also the definition of the word single so was it really that surprising that it was like a hurricane had blown through his apartment.

His kitchen was pretty tidy, his mother has always been a bit fussy over the kitchen so he kept it clean out of habit. The rest of the apartment unfortunately was like a war zone, his living room area was a couch with a large TV up against the opposite wall and in between was a coffee table littered with wires, broken computers, pieces of technology he didn't quite understand yet. Sometimes Calum would go to the junk yard and grab some interesting looking technology pieces and see what he could build with it, recently he figures out that he could use his powers to not just restore things to their original state but create new things. He was currently trying to make a small robot toy, he hasn't found all the right pieces yet but his getting close. His bedroom was even worse than the living room though, he had a bad habit of just throwing s**t everywhere and he never made his bed. And he wondered why he could never get a girl in it. Calum was glad that the door to his bedroom was closed so he wouldn't have more things for these new people to judge him about.

The boy was taken out of his thoughts when Riley spoke again. "They might send you, though. That's one hell of a party trick." Calum let out a little laugh and shook his head. "Oh no, I'm good." He replied before he caught his reflection in the mirror, he had one by the door to check his appearance before he left. His face was still covered his rounded cheeks in grease and his hair was standing up in all types of crazy directions, he pretty much looked like he just rolled around in a mud pit filled with grease. "I mean just look at me, I'm no hero." He was just a kid, he wasn't a hero and he wasn't going to pretend he was. Calum was glad when Valerie spoke up it meant he wouldn't have to explain his reasoning for not wanting to be a hero. Wait...she spoke! Calum turned his attention to the previously silent girl and took in her question to Riley. That was a good question. "It sure seems like you are." Calum commented, the girl than replied to his question that he had asked her, confirming his suspicions. She was deaf, she probably had a hard time following the quick pace of the conversation, he wished he could help her somehow.

Calum was getting a bit uncomfortable, he was used to getting home and just ridding himself of his clothes because what wasn't better than taking your pants off in the comfort of your own home. The boy decided to at least get his shoes and coveralls off. He bend down and untied his shoes before kicking them off before untying the knot he had around his waist and unzipped the coveralls the rest of the way before kicking them off. He was now just in jeans and his shirt. He threw his coveralls on the counter and picked up his shoes to put by the door...he really needed to fix that door. The teenage boy glanced around again, trying to see if he could find the doorknob and thankfully it had been thrown into the living room. He left his two new 'friends' in the kitchen and walked into the living room, it wasn't like they couldn't still see or talk to him the apartment was an open concept. He picked up the doorknob which was pretty much just the knob part the inner parts were gone, before starting to dig through the pieces on the table. He found what he needed. He took a few other pieces from his pile and quickly set them in a pile on the floor and sat down.

It took a little longer than usual to piece everything together since he had to first make a blueprint in his head and piece it together, his powers made it a lot easier but he still had to do some of the work. He picked up the new door knob with a grin, it was a lot fancier than his previous one. He jogged over the door and fit it into the door. He couldn't do anything about the burn marks but at least now he could close and lock his door. He retrieved his keys from where they had been stuck in the key hole before attaching the new knob to the keyhole. After another quick use of his powers his door was closable. He finally closed it with a content sigh. "...that was easier than I thought it would be." He mumbled to himself before shuffling back to the kitchen. "You guys won't tell the landlord about this will you?"

Location: Apartment building Company: Valerie & Riley Thoughts: frustrated... Wearing: Work coveralls

User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

xxxxxxx Gyles Vern Espensonxxxxxxx

Whereabouts: Max's House - Company: Maxwell - Polyvore: [School Clothes] - Thoughts: "So tired... I just want to... zz... Oh! Crap!"

Gyles hummed any responses to Max. He had officially become one with the couch, and the only thing remotely keeping him away was Max's voice. It drew him in every time he started to slip, and at one point he faintly could notice Max walking off. His lips smacked, the darkness enveloping him more, making him comfortable; safe; warm. 'c'mere.' Gyles sniffed, looking up, his mind so open to suggestion by that voice that the order had him awake and slowly moving.

He only got as far as laying his feet back on the floor when a rough looking dude walking into his line of sight and immediately put the fear of God in him with one single sentence. Gyles sat upright in an instant, his hands shoving down over his knees as his mind raced for an answer. Sleep? No-- dream something-- what even? "Gyles--" he said quickly, choking on his words, and then trying again. "Gyles Espenson, sir."

He stood up, hugging himself as the guy in a green onesie stared him down. "I'm friends with Max." Wait, friends? Was he? His eyes flickered up to try and see past the broad frame to where Max had gone. Common, bust him out of here! This was beyond uncomfortable, now!

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Abraham Avery

Reaver

Justice without force is powerless...

While Emma ran more-or-less wild with the dogs, Bram turned his attention to the people that began to fill the park. School was out, jobs were ending for the day, and it looked like the park's regulars were starting to arrived with their furry charges. Bram shiftes subtly where he sat, watching the crowds carefully. He had come to know most of the regulars on sight, had even managed to learn a bit about most of them through idle chit-chat while the dogs played. They all seemed to be normal people, but you never could be too careful. Even someone that seemed perfectly normal might one day turn out to be your worst enemy. Bram hadn't gotten where he was by not being suspicious of strangers. Emma's mother had been one of the very few people able to win him over.

Bram peered at his watch as he waited for Emma and the dogs to tired themselves out. It would be time for dinner soon enough so he started to get up, to gather up his family. However, he paused when he spotted a blonde young man running, making a beeline for Emma. Bram tensed, his body language making a subtle but clear shift from relaxed to predatory, preparing to strike the man down if he so much as breathed on Emma. Then, Bram realized that the man was chasing a puppy. The small animal must have gotten distracted by the tennis ball that Emma and the dogs were playing with. As Bram watched, the young man held out his hands, trying to catch his errant pet....was the dog levitating?

Good Lord, it was! Bram watched as the dog hovered in mid-air, paws batting around as if it were trying to swim through the air. The immediately put Bram on edge. The young man must have been the one responsible, and if he had abilities like Bram and Emma did, that made him dangerous. Bram stood and swiftly crossed the space to where Emma stood, now surrounded by their own dogs. Keep calm, he reminded himself. It wouldn't do to make a scene in public. If nothing else, Juliet would have his head for it. The news would love hear that the bodyguard of Beacon Corp's CEO had gotten into a fight with someone in public. Ever the skilled actor, Bram molded his face into the image of a casual smile. "It's alright," he responded as the man apologized for the puppy, "These three were pups too once, I know how they can be...aren't you that fellow that does those training classes?"

A casual conversation starter, and one that would allow Bram to extract a bit more information from the stranger. He thought he recognized the young man, but couldn't put a name to the face.

...Force without justice is tyrannical

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Maxwell Graves

The second Max heard the front door open he realized that he had possibly made a giant mistake. He ran out into the living room just as Gyles was attempting to introduce himself and explain who he was. His father was standing with his back to the kitchen, so Max had to squeeze around him to stand next to their unfortunate house guest. He had rather forgotten that his paranoid father wouldn't have reacted well to finding a stranger in their apartment. At least Gyles didn't look like he was very much of a threat...

"He's a friend from school," Max stated, smiling awkwardly at Gyles, "I asked if he wanted to come over. You know...to hang out." God why did that sound so lame? Max grimaced a little, hoping that his father wouldn't go off the deep end. He supposed that he really should have asked before bringing Gyles over, but it had been really a spur-of-the-moment thing! He shifted his weight a bit as his father looked back and forth between the two teenagers. Max had never brought anyone home from school before and, as sad as it was, Mr. Graves' first instinct was to suspect that his son was somehow being manipulated. He hadn't thought that Max had any friends. He'd certainly never heard his son talk about this Gyles kid before.

After a few hellishly uncomfortable moments, however, he seemed to accept the fact that, yes, his son was capable of socializing with others like a normal human being. "Alright," he said as he turned and lumbered off towards the bathroom, "I'm gonna go take a shower, I smell like work. Your friend sticking around for dinner? We can order pizza or something." He didn't feel like cooking, because that meant doing the dishes afterwards. Max watched his father go down the hall, then glanced at Gyles.

"So...do you wanna stay?" he asked. Hopefully his father hadn't managed to scare Gyles into wishing he'd never come over. Max really didn't want to lose a friend before he had actually managed to make one.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Whereabouts: Max's House - Company: Maxwell - Polyvore: [School Clothes] - Thoughts: "Oh, God, Oh, god, He's gonna kill me..."

Those few minutes where Max was at his side and his father was giving him that hard look, he could have sworn he was about to die. His hands gripped each other, getting sweaty as his teeth ground into each other impatiently. The minutes passed longer than he could have wanted, and finally he seemed to pass whatever test that Max's dad had for him. He visibly eased when the tall man left, his eyes dragging over to Max when he asked if he would stay.

He shuddered, just grinned anyways, his eyes smiling just as much as he was trying to. "Sure, why not?" He had to be really careful now, didn't he? Good grief, he was going to lose years of his life here. He reached up, laying a hand on Max's back, only to pull it away a moment later and notice the ice crystals that were latching Max's shirt to his hand. He cleared his throat, awkwardly struggling with it a moment, and then finally peeling it free and rubbing warmth back into it.

"I'm a total scaredy cat, by the way," he admitted, brushing frost off of his pale fingers. He looked back and grabbed his soda, watching the frost trickle across the can. "It least my drink will stay cold, right?" But he didn't feel comfortable at all. He sipped it, looking to Max; "sooo.... we're not going hunting around in the kitchen anymore then, I'm guessing?"

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                wearing xxxxx mood: uh-oh! xxxxx with: maxxie the golden retreiver, bram, emma xxxxx location: the park

For a few moments Maxxie struggled in Bobby’s arms before seemingly becoming calm at the approach of the elder man. Bobby, still panting as he attempted to catch his breath, felt his body tense as the sharp looking man approached looking formidable. He had never meant anyone harm. Maxxie had just become overexcited and had spied a new playmate whom he had yet to greet. Bobby swallowed hard as the man opened his mouth to speak.

He could beat the crap outta me. Bobby thought. He was no great physical wonder, more just a decently fit, decently thin boy. The man however… Please don’t beat the crap out of me. He repeated when the man spoke.

Much to Bobby’s relief, the man did not seem to want to beat him up. On the contrary, he seemed to understand that Maxxie, at such a tender age, was just a pup and simply knew no better. The dog had turned its head to look up at Bobby, setting a quick lick to the young man’s chin as Bobby comprehended the fact that he was more or less in the clear. The man seemed to recognize him from some of his animal work training the younger animals in the area.

Bobby grinned a bright, welcoming, friendly smile as the little girl asked to pet Maxxie. ”Erm… Yeah. Of course.”/color] He set the golden retriever on the ground with a stern ”Maxxie, sit.” which the pup obeyed.

Turning his attention back to the father, Bobby’s smile became once more apologetic and sweet. ”Yes, I’m a run a few training classes in the area. Mostly work with therapy dogs, sight dogs, and then with general training classes too. Maxxie’s a therapy dog in training.” The pup was wagging his tail swiftly, staring at the little girl with his big puppy dog eyes. ”He’s still got a long way to go, though.”

Bobby reached a hand out, offering it in gesture to the father. ”I’m Robert Halliwell, but usually people call me Bobby.” He smiled, a bit apologetically in his sweet-Bobby way. ”And, I only train dogs in my free time. It’s a volunteer thing with the local shelters and pet stores.”

It was true. Bobby, as much as he loved working with dogs, didn’t even own a dog of his own. A scientist at heart, Bobby loved his extracurricular activities but couldn’t bear the thought of forcing a puppy to try and live with him on his schedule. His volunteering, good will, and aptitude were nothing anyone wouldn’t expect out of a Midwestern prom king, football captain, and straight A student.

There was, however, the issue with the floating. Bobby, of course, hadn’t even realized that Maxxie had been lifted off the ground. He’d taken the shattering of random beakers around him to be of faulty glass. He had taken the dreams where he had floated away from his body as lucid dreaming. He had even managed to push away the flashes of image off in his mind as very odd déjà vu.

User Image
                User Image

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Maxwell Graves

Max grinned when Gyles agreed to stay, incredibly grateful that his father hadn't managed to scare off his first friend in...well, pretty much forever. He hardly noticed the icy feeling of Gyles' hand on his back, to busy mentally celebrating. He did managed an awkward laugh when it appeared Gyles' hand had become frozen to his shirt, glad that his father hadn't witnessed that. If he had known that Gyles possessed powers, then he would have found himself thrown out of the apartment so fast his head would have been spinning. Mr. Graves was paranoid enough around 'normals'. He would have flipped his s**t if he knew that there was a stranger with powers in his home.

"You and me both then," Max added as he made his way back to the kitchen. At least Gyles had a good sense of humor about things. He picked up the phone and added, "Yeah, guess not. That's okay with me though, the pizzeria down the street is pretty decent." Not to mention that the Graves' deliveries were usually free. Though he had retired from hero work, Mr. Graves still did what he could whenever he was around. Last summer he had stopped the pizza place from getting robbed at gunpoint, and so the owner had given him free pizza for life in return. Max hopped up and sat on the kitchen counter asking, "So, what kind of pizza then?" His father would eat pretty much anything and Max wasn't a picky eater either, so it was Gyles' choice.

Once he'd made the decision, Max placed the order and then turned back to Gyles. "So...um...if my dad finds out about your powers he might spazz out a little bit," he said as he kicked his feet awkwardly, "So if he does, promise not to get scared? He won't hurt you, promise." His father was a big guy and he could be very intimidating, but Max had his father fairly well wrapped around his finger. It shouldn't be too hard to convince his old man that Gyles was harmless.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Whereabouts: Max's House - Company: Maxwell - Polyvore: [School Clothes] - Thoughts: "His eyes are really pretty. Huh."

Gyles was right behind Max the entire way, a smile pressing his face as the boy asked him what he liked. "Pepperoni, works. The old favorite." He pulled out one of the seats at the table, decidedly sticking his hand into the front connecting pocket of his sweater to hide it and try to cradle warmth back into it. He always had trouble going back from this; that was why Max had been such a marvel. He was the outlier to every situation he ever had. He made things calm and so much easier to handle, and they had only really known each other for a few hours.

"Well, hopefully he won't see anything. I can't promise, though. I've never been able to control him, just hide it. Sooo... I guess if he blow up, I won't run, but I can't guarantee I won't faint." He chuckled, getting his other hand into his sweatshirt and going right back to trying to rub the feeling back into his hand. He leaned against the back of the chair, looking from Max's hanging feet, right back up to his face. His eyes were pretty darn blue; they just stuck out like nobody's business.

"So," he started slowly, dragging his eyes down again. "Just wanted to say, I'm really glad I got off the train early. It was really nice meeting you, and... thank you before saying I'm your friend." It had only been hours and they were this close. That was pretty unnatural, but he loved it all the same. "Can we keep hanging out? After today?"

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Abraham Avery

Reaver

Justice without force is powerless...

Bram couldn't help but note the tenseness that seemed to surround the young man as he approached. When you were able to manipulate the bodies of others as he could, you couldn't help but become attuned to the way people moved, the way their bones and bloodflow shifted and changed. The tenseness faded when he spoke, and so Bram assumed that it was just general nerves. The dogs had reacted protectively towards the young man after all. Dogs tended to mirror the behavior of their masters. The young man set the puppy on the ground so that Emma could pet it, then confirmed that he was one of the people often trained dogs in the park.

As Emma scratched the puppy's stomach and ears, their three dogs sat in a semi-circle behind the Averys. Bruno and Opal seemed to be eyeing Bobby carefully, while Winston plopped himself down next to Emma and watched the puppy cautiously. As if the tiny ball of fluff could be dangerous. The young man said that the puppy was going to be a therapy dog and Bram supposed he could see why. Even at a young age the dog was friendly and very approachable. The young man soon introduced himself as Robert, though he apparently went by Bobby. A volunteer trainer, he said. That was something Bram could respect. He had always had a soft spot for people that tried to make the word a better place. In his younger days as Reaver, he had taken many lives, but never the life of someone that tried to help their fellow man.

Bram shook the young man's hand and introduced himself and his daughter, saying, "Nice to meet you Bobby. I'm Bram Avery and this is my daughter Emma....and Bruno, Opal, and Winston." He shook the young man's hand firmly, the split-second of contact enough for him to feel the rushing of the blood beneath the skin and the general good health the young man eminanted. However, there was something else that made him way of this clean-cut, All American looking young man. The floating puppy had not been forgotten, and there was an air of the unusual about the young man that Bram wasn't sure that he liked.

...Force without justice is tyrannical

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Maxwell Graves

Max sipped at his soda can as Gyles tried to coax the warmth back into his hand. He chuckled softly when he stated that, though he wouldn't run, he would probably pass out if Mr. Graves got angry with him. Then again, he wasn't sure if Gyles was joking or not. He shrugged and started humming again, an attempt to calm down himself and to calm down Gyles too. He had been able to do it before. Why not do it again? It would make dinner with his father more bearable and it would keep Gyles from freaking out and freezing the house. He finished the soda and lobbed the empty can across the kitchen. It landed in the trash can by the fridge and Max smiled. Well, at least something went right today.

He looked back at Gyles when his new friend spoke, saying he was glad that he had gotten off the train early. "I'm glad the you decided to sit with me too," he admitted, "I don't have a lot of friends." Max hopped down off of the kitchen counter and crossed over to the fridge, pausing when Gyles thanked him for having him over and asked if they could hang out again. Max grinned and responded, "Yeah, sure. Definitely!" He never had anything better to do after school than sit in the subway station and play his guitar. It would be nice to actually have someone to spend time with. Maybe his dad would even warm up to Gyles if they hung around enough. A thought occurred and Max said, "I could even teach you to play guitar if you want." He had taught himself. Teaching someone else was sure to be easy.

No sooner had Max made that statement than his father entered the kitchen. He'd changed out of his work uniform and into jeans and an old sweatshirt. He opened the fridge and extracted a brown glass bottle of beer. As he popped the cap off he glanced at Gyles and said, "So, you and Max go to school together? Interesting. He's never talked about you much before." Max sighed and rubbed a hand over his eyes. His dad just wasn't going to let this be easy, was he?

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Whereabouts: Max's House - Company: Maxwell - Polyvore: [School Clothes] - Thoughts: "He's back..."

"You? Don't have a lot of friends?" He looked pretty surprised, actually. "But you're so nice, and you're really talented. I can't see why." Gyles moved to sit backwards in his chair, his arm coming up to rest on the back of it as the chill eased out of his body again. He could listen to Max hum and sing, and play all day long and never get bored of it. He smiled, reaching back to grab his soda can, and watching his friend's back. Max was all for hanging out again, and that had him smiling more, and then outright grinning.

He sat up, completely attentive at Max's offer; "you would really teach me!?" That was great! really! He wanted the help! "Maybe me playing will get my sister to stay playing again, too!" Oh maybe it could even help him control himself and keep calm. He reached up and scratched his head through his hat just as Max's father came in again. Crap. He sniffed and went a bit stiff again.

It wasn't one minute before Max's day was laying in on him again. He naturally moved to seat in his seat normally, not wanting the man to get on his case about anything improper. Max's dad just had that kind of aura about him. "Yes, sir, but we only share one class together," he admitted. He wished it was more, now. He decided not to comment on wither or not Max talked about him; that wasn't his place to come up with an excuse, not like he'd know any.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces