Welcome to Gaia! ::

I added information to the FAQ about Pulse ages! Make sure to look.

+1 1 100.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]

Wealthy Gekko

Wealthy Gekko

Wealthy Gekko

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User Image

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                SO ¦ ❛ WHAT IF xxxx NO ONE CARES ENOUGH TO MAKE A CHANGE _
                                                xxxx ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
                                                xxx X X I XXX G I V E XXX M Y - -
                                                xxxxxxxxxxx bleeding heart out for one reason faking one reason faking one reason
                                                xxxxxxxxxxx bleeding heart out for one reason faking one reason faking one reason
                                                X : xxx INSIDE . THE * MIRROR
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with countless wriggling hands } ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                faking my innocence r e a c h i n g f a k i n g o u t xxx x xxx r e a c h i n g f a k i n g o u t
                                                x ████ : x I ` L L . T A K E . Y O U . A W A Y . W I T H . A L L . O F . Y O U R . F I N G E R S ! !
                                                xx ` STUCK IN YOUR WONDERLAND
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stuck in your wonderland

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

the RESER & VATION . °

Please fill out this reservation form! Simply title the pm "Reservation". Send them to me, TasteMyFlesh.

[b][u]Name and Title[/u][/b]
                                                              [INSERT]

[b][u]Heart/Pulse?[/u][/b]
                                                              [Human age. If you're a Pulse YOU CANNOT BE OLDER THAN THE 12 YEARS ROULETTE HAS BEEN ACTIVE FOR. Unless you want to argue you're an original model, most of the Pulse will under 10 years of age.]

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]
                                                              [INSERT]

[b][u]Gender / Sexuality[/u][/b]
                                                              [INSERT]

[b][u]6 Traits. 3 good and 3 bad[/u][/b]
                                                              [INSERT]

[b][u]May I see a picture please?[/u][/b]
                                                              [Put 450x110 image. feel free to link to larger image.]

[b][u]Now then, let me see an example. No fancy codin' needed, just your words, please.[/u][/b]
                                                              [Write an example post, as if you were posting normally in the RP. Put your character in a scenario you think best shows them off to me. ]

the PROFILE & CODE . °

Now that I've accepted the reservation, move onto to step two! Fill this out, have fun, and then send it to me with title of the pm simply being title of the character (ex: Auriga, Columba). Anyways, I have a right to ask you to change a few things once you send it to me and you are not allowed to post until I say so. Also, please, as stated in the rules, post your character profile in a test thread, so I can link it to your icon in the main page. You are going to need 4 colors.

Also ignore the thing about needing drop shadows. It's an old profile and I didn't feel like making new icons, so the drop shadow is totally optional.

Profile Codes

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

faking my innocence r e a c h i n g f a k i n g o u t xxx x xxx r e a c h i n g f a k i n g o u t
                                                x ████ : x I ` L L . T A K E . Y O U . A W A Y . W I T H . A L L . O F . Y O U R . F I N G E R S ! !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

how DOES FIGHTING & WORK ? . °

In the arena, fighting is quite precise. Androids are designed to be human in every which way--from appearance, to emotions, to even thought process. They have receptors and sensors in their body for both pain and pleasure. This pain, while dulled, is still there, and can incapacitate a Pulse depending upon their tolerance levels. Unlike humans, however, a body part detached from a Pulse can be reattached by one of the many mechanics that work at Roulette. The humans? Not so lucky. Lose an arm, and it might be gone forever. In this way the Pulses are lucky, yes, but there are still drawbacks…

A Pulse has artificial blood running through their veins. This blood consists mostly of nano techs that powers a Pulse and their abilities, and a Pulse is unable to function completely without this “blood”. Sure, you can survive having your arm ripped off… but the blood loss can still cause a Pulse to short circuit, glitch, or even pass out. The more blood that slips out, the weaker a Pulse grows, and they can even lose control of their powers if enough blood is lost. This can become a danger, and many Pulses have lost a fight due to blood loss, for when your heart is made of circuits it’s quite easy to forget that this false blood still flows through your artificial veins.

Within the arena, long ranged weapons are strictly forbidden (unless their power demands for long range), for the fact that a bullet to the head proves to be somewhat... bland. Mid range weapons such as staffs, scythes, whips and other equipment are, however, allowed. Close range weapon such as knives, blades and other weapons are also permitted.

Now, to those of you sitting there wondering, “How do we plan out battles?” and, “How do we keep people from godmodding their powers?" Like I said before, winners will be decided with either a dice roll, or a volunteer for the loser. Once we've decided the winner, you and the enemy team should definitely map out the entire fight beforehand, instead of just making it up as you go. Trust me, it goes by A LOT faster that way. Once the game is over and we move onto the penalty game, it can also be decided by either dice roll or your own idea! We can dice roll to see what would come out, but if you're uncomfortable with the idea, or have another plan to make your character suffer, feel free to speak up about it.

If you have trouble coming in contact with a member of this RP, or have any questions concerning fighting later on in this RP, please feel free to PM me u3u

are POINTS A FORM OF CURRENCY IN & OUT OF THE ARENA ? . °

Points are NOT the same currency that's used outside. Points only exist inside the Roulette and while a team can use points to buy influence outside the game as well as meals for families, the points have to be converted into the real money of the people. Points are worth more than the average dollar, so it's easier to buy things with points than regular cash.

can PEOPLE IN THE INNER SANCTUM HELP PEOPLE IN THE ARENA & (EX: BUY THEM STUFF TO HELP THEM) ? . °

That's actually an interesting question I hadn't thought of before. Have any of you ever read the Hunger Games? It'll work somewhat like that. Should a rich man or woman find a contender they really like, they are more than welcome to buy the players "gifts". These gifts can range from food, weapons, clothes and even medicines. Gifts can be delivered both within a battle and out of battle. The presents must be reasonable, of course. Obviously a Viewer will not be allowed to send you a death ray that would automatically win you the game.

is THE OUTER SANCTUM & EXTREMELY IMPOVERISHED ? . °

Yes. But like all bad towns, it's got its few golden eggs. While crime and deceases runs rampart throughout most of the Outer Sanctum, there are some places free of that where hard working middle class families may live out their lives. Just because most of the people living there are scum, doesn't mean all of them are.

what BECOMES OF A PULSE & THAT IS INJURED IN BATTLE ? . °

Fixing a Pulse that got completely ripped to shreds is completely free of costs. Viewers want to see you fight again, after all, and would prefer if your next round wasn't dull and boring because all your pulse can do is hop around like a potato. The same goes for a Heart. If you're badly injured, you'll be fixed. How ever, should your Pulse end up in the slots (either because you forced them to take your spot or they offered) and they loose a limb, it's gone forever... unless you managed to buy it back. Humans can buy back limbs as well, but it's not the same as having your real arm.

what IS THE TIMELINE & FOR PULSE AND ROULETTE . °

I'm amazed at myself for missing such an important fact in the plot. So let me shed some light on you all! The first android was created 30 years ago. It didn't have a gift yet, so they didn't refer to these as Pulse. Ten years later, a young scientist, known today for being Roulette's Ring Master, created the first ever Pulse. Roulette itself took 8 years to build. They had to build both stadiums, the mechanisms that changed the terrain, as well as the underground City Labyrinth. So, 12 years ago from the current time in the RP is when Roulette first opened. The majority of Pulse in Roulette should be no older than 10, IMO. If you have a good plot, idea, however, and want to make them older, I'm always willing to listen.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

the RING & MASTER . °

Both the maker and host of Roulette, this mysterious individual is one loon of many faces. Out of the demands of the people and the growing boredom sweating off the fat pigs that liked to call themselves the rulers over his land, he created the most beloved game to of all mankind. Through sweat, blood, and tears, everything that stands now works according to him and his demands only. While some call him a psychotic parasite feeding off the plump veins of the rich, he prefers to call himself an entrepreneur. When the games first started, finding both the right audience and right players was something near impossible. So, he did what any good business man would do in order to save his business: he threw himself into the game.

And out from the ashes of fallen players rose the one title know and feared by all: Gemini. Never before had any human successfully managed to sync his body with not one, but two Pulses. The first and last to jump over such a hurdle, this hell bound, blood thirsty freak of nature quickly bested everyone in his path with his two faithful companions, the Gemini twins. They go by no name, and are not known individually. Call for Gemini, and both will answer. Seemingly harmless children, these users of Telekinesis have never once fallen in defeat.

Finally, the man of fame and glory retired, taking his much deserved throne as the host of the games. Everything runs under his permission. Who fights, what the penalties are, which arena takes place—he coordinates everything. For a man who’s accomplished so much, he’s still fairly youngish; he’s still budding in his mid thirties. The man became a pinnacle of strength, power, money—everyone either feared him or looked up to him.

the TROPHY & RING . °

There have been several outbursts in the past from the residents of Roulette. Fool hardy players with bloated heads full of ideas of freedom have both come and gone. None have ever succeed. The Ring Master isn’t exactly fond of the idea of his toys trying to escape his grasp. Who would be? Still, one after the other, every member has fallen before Gemini. And, one after the other, punishment was dealt.

Placed like a trophy in front of the shame of live television, each rebel player (and their Pulse) was brutally tortured. Blood was spilled, screams echoed, tears swept forward. The torturing continued for hours on end, the crowd never growing tired of the deranged screams that escaped the lips of the forsaken. Then, when the Ring Master felt as though he’d had his fun, it was, “Off with their heads!”

As a reminder to those current and future players, the Trophy Ring was made. In the very center of both the Black Star and Super Nova stand two lone, giant pillars, shadows engulfing those under it. At the top of this pillar is a golden ring, each head of the fallen neatly strapped on, faces forever frozen with shock, fear, and pain. A reminder to both the audience and the players: cross the Ring Master, and this is what becomes of you.

places OF & RESIDENCE . °

Now the Ring Master isn’t that terribly cruel. Each team is given their own area of residence equipped with two beds, a bathroom, T.V., and other daily amenities! Each room (with points, of course) can be modified to better suit the tastes of the resident within the room. The Labyrinth running underground is large and complex, spreading from under all three of the arenas. Don't think it's much space? You'd be wrong.

If one seeks food, one must head over to the cafeteria to feed themselves. In hopes of keeping his players fed and in shape, he’s brought in the best cooks he can find. This luxury cafeteria serves food--for points of course. If one wishes to eat, one must earn Points, first. Food is not free. Everything must be paid, the only free thing being water and health care. Viewers don't like hurt players that can play the game, so a free clinic is always open to cure and mend the sick and wounded after battle.

Other areas are spread throughout the labyrinth. Devoid of any light from the surface, the Ring Master has installed as many artificial lights, mimicking the same heat and colors of the sun, throughout the facility! See, he isn’t that cruel. At least, when he’s not trying to kill you, that is. The Labyrinth has a pool, gym, library, cafes, public showers, spas, game rooms—the works. Of course, you need to pay to use any of it. It’s like a hotel for the privileged! A haunted hotel, maybe?

earning MORE & POINTS . °

In order to get anything you need points. At the start of each month, every player is rewarded with 300 points, which is just enough to get a bare amount of food and supplies for that month. Newbie Pawns start off with 600 points in their first month, since they're unlikely to win many battles and earn more. To earn more points, you either play the game, or take on certain tasks that usually have something to do with keeping maintenance for Roulette. You could be a cook, a janitor, a towel girl, sexual provider, or secretary! Points are always in demand, and someone always has a job that needs to be done.

Should you be selected to join in the games, you'll earn points whether you win or lose. Winning, obviously, doubles the amount you earn, which always ranges according to rank. Losing gets you a meager 50 points, but at least it'll buy you a small meal. The only way to lose points is in The Slots. There's only one slot in the game that has a penalty for taking money, and the chances are low, but it's happened before. Remember, the game is always rigged, and the Ring Master always deals swift punishment as he sees fit.

Every member of Roulette has a bar code tattooed onto their wrist, one that's identical for the two members of a team. This bar code is both their I.D. and their wallet. Once they earn point, it's put into their balance, which they can then use by scanning their code when shopping for items.

Lastly, the points you earn can be used to buy yourself food, clothes, weapons, furniture, bigger rooms and most importantly freedom. The points can also be used outside of Roulette as well. This is the main reason most Outer Ring rats join the game, actually. They fight their way up, and buy better homes and lives for the struggling families back at home.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

The Tier System is no more than a roster for the players. It keeps track of who’s new, who’s old, who’s weak, and who’s the strongest. It ranks you in order of popularity as well, and how well you entertain the public. There are a total of 40 players within the arenas. The system goes a little like this:

the KING & QUEEN . °

These two are the top dogs of the arena. Undefeated masters in the art of killing. The Queen, obviously, is the strongest Female Human, while the King is the strongest Male Human. Earning this title takes several victories and many dead bodies at your feet, and most often, the love of the crowd. While a gruesome and blood filled title to earn, it’s the most prestigious. Not only are you famous throughout both the Outer and Inner Sanctum, but you earn the most points upon winning a game… and, with enough points, you might be able to buy your freedom. Attaining this status gains you pretty much just about anything, including the largest room within the arenas. Upon earning this title, you become worthy of a new Constellation name: either Cepheus (should you be male) or Cassiopeia (should you be female). Your old title will be lost until you are knocked off this position, in which the new winner will take the title while you return to your old.

the KNI & GHT . °

This class only has enough space for Four. In the RP, the only playable Knights at the moment are Draco and Leo, the other two being NPCs. Once you earn the Bishop Title, you can continue to win games and (with any luck) push another member off their title (whether it be Draco, Leo or an NPC is up for discussion), soon gaining the title of Knight all for yourself. These are the second strongest below the King and Queen and are to be feared by all. Only Knights and Bishops are allowed to take on the King or Queen… unless the Ring Master is feeling creative that day.

the BIS & HOP . °

The next on the list. There are about ten current bishops, two of them Playable Characters. In order to become a bishop, one must win their fair share of games before trying to take on someone of such a role. Normally, only Knights can challenge the King and Queen, but with permission (which really isn’t that hard to receive from the Ring Master) a Bishop can skip ahead and take on the beast. While not as famous as the Knights, they are still a force to be feared in most cases.

the RO & OK . °

There is no limit to how many rooks there can be at a time. Considered one of the lower levels, not many bets are ever placed on these players. These, along with the Pawns, are under no condition allowed to face off with either a Knight or a King or Queen, mainly because, well, they’ll get their asses handed to them within minutes. Those of higher ranks may even play with their opponent for a while, just because they offer such entertainment value. Sometimes, though, the Ring Master likes to pit these hatchlings with stronger opponents, though it's rare. Earning this title depends solely on how many games you’ve won and how many bets have been placed on you in the past. It’s all a matter of gaining fame.

the PA & WN . °

The absolute lowest rank. Those who are Pawns are usually brand new players, half of them with Pulse’s that haven’t even accepted them yet. Out of all the players, the Pawns hold the highest Death Rate. There’s a good sum of nearly 40 players in the Arenas, most of them filling up either the Rook or Pawn position. With any luck, you can move up to Rook! You’ll want to move fast, because Pawn rarely earn enough Points to feed themselves and are more than often subject to “bullying” from the higher ups. They have the most trouble keeping their account balances up as well, and are most often forced to find... other ways to earn points.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

Of course, Roulette couldn’t stand to keep things simple, ordinary. Everything they do has to be over the top.

Not one, but two arenas were built: the Super Nova and the Black Hole. Each one plays after the other every two days, meaning there are games in total each week. There is a difference, and that difference could mean life or death to a player. The first match of the week is in Super Nova, followed by Black Hole, and finally the newest addition of the Dwarf Star.

SUPER NOVA

In the Super Nova, things are quite simple: fight until your team is the only one standing. There are two ways to win in this arena, and only two. You may either fight until one of your opponents can’t stand or kill them. It’s up to the discretion of the players, but the crowds do love to see heads roll.

The terrain of this arena changes with each match as to ‘spice things up’ and maintain an air of mystique. This also guarantees that the players haven’t the foggiest ideas about the conditions they’ll be fighting under… and they don’t always lean in your favor. The venture is costly, but entirely worth the reactions it obtains. There is no limit to what they can create, and have even been known to reuse designs to keep players on their toes.

BLACK HOLE

Things play out a bit differently in the Black Hole. Here, you must fight… but not only against your opponent. There is a third variable, something a bit strange thrown into the mix. It can range from creatures, a time limit, puzzles, anything you can imagine, and they can build it. This factor keeps the matches interesting, often causing teams to take drastic measures to conquer the odds. While these pose a bit more of a challenge, it is a crowd pleaser.

As in the Super Nova, the terrain changes to match the challenge, never quite repeating itself. It’s terrifying, to not know what you’ll be up against, and many players loathe the Black Hole. In some events, both players may fail, and no winner is found. Those are the boring games.

DWARF STAR

A new arena has been added to the game quite recently, for the seats in the Super Nova and the Black Hole were selling out too quickly for the Ringmaster's liking... and he does like his money. This new arena, the Dwarf Star, had to have a twist... and what better than a role reversal to mix up the games? The Dwarf Star is the smallest of the three, and in this arena, Hearts are pitted against one another... without their Pulse for back up. A Pulse is chained to the ground of the arena just behind their Heart, and they are in no way allowed to help. Hearts are then forced to fight each other while they defend their Pulse, and this can prove to be quite a challenge, for not all Hearts are physically capable. If a Pulse in anyway assists their Heart, or breaks the chains, they lose by default.

THE SLOTS

Of course you couldn't just lose the game and be on your way. It was never that easy.

They devised a new system--a system of… penalty. The Slots are a highly feared game of chance, and you only have one spin… no redoes. Each section of the wheel is labeled with one of two things: a body part or a task. If you land on a body part, that piece is immediately removed. It doesn’t matter if it’s a finger, toe, arm, eye or leg… they’ll take it off in a heartbeat, minus the anesthetic or pain killers. The only parts exempt from the game are your heart, head, brain, and anything that would cause death upon removal. Everything else, however, is up for grabs. Roulette can sell the parts for thousands of dollars apiece, and they’d never turn down a chance to make a quick buck. The chances of landing on a body part are, thankfully, 10%. They'd lose players too fast if everyone was losing their leg.

The second penalty offers a bit more… leeway. A task is assigned to you, and must be accepted, however unpleasant. These tasks range from escorts, body guards, janitors, assassins, or even acting as an informant. People of the Inner Sanctum love pretty faces and pay millions just to add their names into the slot for chance at scoring one night with a player. These redemption tasks quite often to prove to be just as bit painful as the loss of an arm… in some cases worse. There are just some things you can never forget…

When a team loses, only one player takes the penalty. Who takes it, is up to the team itself. Many Pulses often sacrifice themselves to the task or body part they're cursed to lose in order to save their Heart. A Pulse can always buy a new prosthetic arm, a Heart, however, cannot.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

Now, being gifted with a Pulse doesn’t automatically guarantee you that you’ll be accepted. A Pulse doesn’t have to accept a human as their Heart. This depends entirely upon the Pulse’s opinion of the person, as well as the way the personalities mesh. When a Pulse is first created, they are a bit like a doll, fresh to the world and a bit detached. They have a base personality, yes, but this is but a hint of what they are to become. A Pulse is quite impressionable, and they can be influenced greatly by their Heart in these initial stages. They are a bit cruel regardless, however. They haven’t yet learned the difference in right and wrong, nor have they learned to care for humans. Many a human has died on the field of battle because a new Pulse refused to gift them, or even protect them in the slightest.

Veteran Pulses are a bit better off, however. Their personalities have had time to develop, as well as their moral consciousnesses of right and wrong… to them of course. They aren’t quite as easy to manipulate as a new Pulse would be… but this also holds an advantage. They are human in almost every way, save the fact that they have no need for our essential functions. They feel love the way we do, though don't stick to labels of sexuality. A Pulse likes what a Pulse wants.

The power a Pulse is gifted with is unique. No two have the exact same power, and they all vary in small ways. Like all powers, however, they have a weakness that may be found by others, a blind spot if you will. No matter how all powerful a Pulse is, their power does have a weakness to be exploited.

But like all electronics, they have their limits.

A Pulse can be pushed too far, whether emotionally or physically. A heart draws energy from a Pulse as they use their power, almost like a leech if you will, and this can put a bit of a strain on a Pulse. If a Heart abuses the power gifted to them too much, a Pulse can choose to shut the access down, essentially leaving their Heart defenseless. While this seems crazy, it can be better than the alternative. Should human push the Pulse too far and the Pulse doesn't limit them, the android can undergo a complete system error and shut down in the middle of a fight.

A Pulse and Heart are bonded for life. A Pulse cannot exist without their Heart, just as a Heart cannot survive with their Pulse. It is a relationship that cannot be avoided, and is put into effect by the Blood Contract.

A ritual that is required, the Blood Contract has two uses. By exchanging blood, the nano techs that flow through a Pulse’s veins are given to a human. The nano techs are the beautiful devices used to gift a Pulse, and once transferred to human, it gifts them with the same ability. This all seems fine and dandy… until you consider the consequences.

Once the nano techs are given, the bond carries a danger as well. If a human is killed, the nano techs in their blood transmit a signal to their Pulse’s mechanical heart. A small amount of explosives are nestled there, right beneath the main components, and once the heart shuts down, the Pulse is out like a light, and their body entirely explodes. The same goes for humans, however. If a Heart’s Pulse is destroyed beyond repair, the nano techs in their veins try to seek escape, detaching themselves from the blood and seeking escape. A lot of painful puking follows this. It is impossible to escape, and immensely painful. The survival rate is slim, though possible, and suicide rates high. Very few humans have been known to live through the experience of losing essentially the other half of you soul... and also 50% of your weight in blood.

To the Pulse, the Roulette is all they've ever known. While the veterans may know of the world outside, the newer Pulses don't have the slightest clue. To them, Roulette is the only world that exists. Fighting is their only purpose in life.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
                                                xxx ━━━━

User Image
                                                      █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█ ║││█║ █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█ ││█║▌│║║▌

FAKING XXORION 。▭ ❛ THE HUNTER
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ▀▀▀▀ (♔) X 》 { : HEART ❃ ) ↪
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ R O O K X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx LOYAL ♛. RESOURCEFUL ♛. DETERMINED ♛. SARCASTIC ♛. UNTRUSTING ♛. BLUNT
                                                      f a k e ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                      faking my xxx █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
                                                      ×× ZABE DESTINO ┊↺ ▸▸ 23 ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ HETEROSEXUAL
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ` ♞ ⊰「 XX POWER 。 X ↯ 」
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 「 • • ↷ OPEN ❛ ⇡ RESERVED ❛ ⇡ TAKEN • • 」❞
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Ero Kaze

User Image

FAKING XXORION 。▭ ❛ THE HUNTER
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ▀▀▀▀ (♔) X 》 { : PULSE ❃ ) ↪

xxxxxxxxxxxx INTUITIVE ♛. GRACEFUL ♛. CUNNING ♛. RUTHLESS ♛. SELFISH ♛. VAINE
                                                      ×× ROSALIE ┊↺ ▸▸ 3 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ NO PREFERENCE
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Faceb0nes

User Image

FAKINTAURUS 。▭ ❛ THE BULL

xxxxxxxxxxxx POSITIVE ♛. POSITIVE ♛. POSITIVE ♛. NEGATIVE ♛. NEGATIVE ♛. NEGATIVE
                                                      ×× NAME ┊↺ ▸▸ AGE ┊↺ ▸▸ GENDER ┊↺ ▸▸ ORIENTATION
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * USERNAME HERE

User Image

FAKINTAURUS 。▭ ❛ THE BULL

xxxxxxxxxxxx POSITIVE ♛. POSITIVE ♛. POSITIVE ♛. NEGATIVE ♛. NEGATIVE ♛. NEGATIVE

User Image

FAKINCORVUS 。▭ ❛ THE CROW

xxxxxxxxxxxx SAGACIOUS ♛. ELOQUENT ♛. METICULOUS ♛. MEGALOMANIAC ♛. WANTON ♛. COVETOUS
                                                      ×× RIVA BELLEROSE ┊↺ ▸▸ 24 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ HYPERSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * owlsoulpumkin

User Image

FAKING XXCORVUS 。▭ ❛ THE CROW

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * TasteMyFlesh

User Image

FAKINAURIGA 。▭ ❛ THE CHARIOTEER
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ P A W N X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

User Image

FAKINAURIGA 。▭ ❛ THE CHARIOTEER

User Image

FAKINAQUILA 。▭ ❛ THE EAGLE

User Image

FAKINAQUILA 。▭ ❛ THE EAGLE

User Image

FAKINCOLUMBA 。▭ ❛ THE DOVE

xxxxxxxxxxxx RESILIENT ♛.TENDER-HEARTED ♛. EMPATHETIC ♛. SCATTER-BRAINED ♛. EMOTIONAL ♛. POTTY MOUTH
                                                      ×× MARGO E. MCFREYAR ┊↺ ▸▸ 19 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ HETEROSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Its_Navi_Bish

User Image

FAKINCOLUMBA 。▭ ❛ THE DOVE

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
                                                xxx ━━━━

User Image

FAKING XXCEPHEUS 。▭ ❛ THE KING
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ K I N G X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx PASSIONATE ♛. EMPATHETIC ♛. DRIVEN ♛. TRUSTING ♛. UNFORGIVING ♛. NO NONSENSE
                                                      ×× ALLEN RHYS ┊↺ ▸▸ 27 ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ PANSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * TasteMyFlesh

User Image

FAKING XXCEPHEUS 。▭ ❛ THE KING
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ K I N G X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx LOYAL ♛. PROTECTIVE ♛. SURPRISINGLY CONSIDERATE ♛. BLUNT ♛. TEMPERAMENTAL ♛. HAUGHTY
                                                      ×× RORY MAELEACHLAINN ┊↺ ▸▸ AGE ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ NO PREFERENCE
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Yuuki of the Strata

User Image

FAKINCASSIOPEIA 。▭ ❛ THE QUEEN
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ Q U E E N X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx UNDERSTANDING ♛. SHARP-WITTED ♛. HONORABLE ♛. RUTHLESS ♛. VOLATILE ♛. CONDESCENDING
                                                      ×× ASHANTI VINISTRET ┊↺ ▸▸ 26 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ UNKNOWN
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * The White Gyrfalcon

User Image

FAKINCASSIOPEIA 。▭ ❛ THE QUEEN
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ Q U E E N X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx RESILIENT ♛. METICULOUS ♛. ALLURING ♛. SLY♛. SPOILED ♛. SELF-SERVING
                                                      ×× SEYL ┊↺ ▸▸ 9 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ NO PREFERENCE
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Ie corbeau

User Image

FAKING DRACO 。▭ ❛ THE DRAGON
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ K N I G H T X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx ALLOCENTRIC ♛. EMOTIONAL ♛. LOYAL ♛. INSECURE♛. COWARDLY ♛. RUMINANT
                                                      ×× VALE CICUTA ┊↺ ▸▸ 23 ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ DEMISEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Lunaerya

User Image

FAKINDRACO 。▭ ❛ THE DRAGON
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ KNIGHTX * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx COMPASSIONATE ♛. RESOLUTE ♛. SINCERE ♛. IRASCIBLE ♛. COMPULSIVE ♛. FOOLISH
                                                      ×× CALCIFER SYKES ┊↺ ▸▸ 8 ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ HETEROSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * owlsoulpumkin

User Image

FAKING XXLEO 。▭ ❛ THE LION

xxxxxxxxxxxx MAGNANIMOUS ♛. INSOUCIANT ♛. KIND ♛. OBSESSIVE ♛. DEPRESSED ♛. RECKLESS
                                                      ×× FRAYA MARIE ┊↺ ▸▸ 21 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ BISEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Melody Grey

User Image

FAKING XXLEO 。▭ ❛ THE LION

User Image

FAKINCANES VENETICI 。▭ ❛ THE HUNTING DOGS
                                                      faking my innocence faking my ( _ *& TIER ▬ ▴ B I S H O P X * ♛ ▬▬ ❜ )

xxxxxxxxxxxx AMIABLE ♛. CHARISMATIC ♛. BOLD ♛. JADED ♛. MERCILESS ♛. VACANT
                                                      ×× MARYSE RICHELLE PRICE ┊↺ ▸▸ 23 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ PANSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Faceb0nes

User Image

FAKINCANES VENETICI 。▭ ❛ THE HUNTING DOGS

xxxxxxxxxxxx PASSIONATE ♛. STRONG-WILLED ♛. ADAPTABLE ♛. CRUEL ♛. RESENTFUL ♛. SADISTIC
                                                      ×× RYOU MISAKI ┊↺ ▸▸ 8 ┊↺ ▸▸ MALE ┊↺ ▸▸ HETEROSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Minoshiya

User Image

FAKEAPUS 。▭ ❛ THE BIRD OF PARADISE

xxxxxxxxxxxx AFFECTIONATE ♛. CLEVER ♛. DRAMATIC ♛. CALCULATING ♛. BIZARRE ♛. IMMODEST
                                                      ×× ARIA BELLATRIX ┊↺ ▸▸ 23 ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ PANSEXUAL
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * Melnil

User Image

FAKEAPUS 。▭ ❛ THE BIRD OF PARADISE

xxxxxxxxxxxx CAREFREE ♛. THOUGHTFUL ♛. AMBITIOUS ♛. PRIDEFUL ♛. TWO-FACED ♛. HARSH
                                                      ×× CAELAN FENN ┊↺ ▸▸ AGE ┊↺ ▸▸ FEMALE ┊↺ ▸▸ ORIENTATION
                                                      ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { * DelarStar

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

x X RULE ONE ; BASICS
                                                              xxx▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
                                                              ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i'm gonna make you bleed like me
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i'm gonna make you bleed like me
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First off, thank you so much for your interest in the RP and welcome one and all! As far as basics go, I'll start by saying this RP is more adult themed and has several dark themes. Characters will probably die, but you can always make more! Yay characters! Please follow Gaia TOS and take anything too lewd and saucy to the pms or google docs! Violence will also be a major theme here, and while I'm ok with gore, please try not to go overboard and get your posts deleted! I don't want that to happen sad I'm going to have a skype group for this RP, along with the OOC, so pm your skype name to me if you'd like to be included. Until most of the spots get filled out, I wont be starting the RP. Did I miss anything? Check out the FAQ and everything else! There's quite a bit of information (forgive me please). Rules are subject to change!

x X RULE TWO ; LITERACY
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This RP is going to be lazy lit. for the most part. Sometimes I write really long novel length posts when I'm super inspired, and other times I'm just not feeling it and write short, three paragraph posts. And you know what? That's ok. It happens to everyone. I'm going to be judging applications based on quality, not quantity, so as long as I know you write well, I'm not going to be super picky on length. I'll let you be as literate (maybe not semi tho) as you want. Yay half freedom! I guess just try to provide and must context as your little heart can manage. There will be a two character limit for each person, btw!

x X RULE THREE ; POSTING
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't worry, I'm not some a**l b***h that demands pretty posts (but I still like them. If you need help, ask! Don't be shy.). Honestly, I don't care as long as it doesn't have super bright colors and it has the following: name, role, and picture. If you are going to disappear, let me know in advance. I work jobs and school on top of that and your real life totally comes first, so I'll understand if you need to attend to more important matters. It'd be super chill if everyone visited the OOC, so make sure to post there as well. Post weekly, if you can. As for the IC thread, once a week is like the minimum you can post, any longer than that and I'll be sending out warnings. Please just don't post once and never post again. Cause then I WILL be a little booty tickled.

x X RULE FOUR ; PROFILES
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fun part! Oooo yay! Anyways, this is simple. Just go down to where the profile skelly is at and read. BUT! There is one string attached. I'd like you to fill out the reservation for your character first and pm it to me (title it RESERVATION). Once I've approved of the reservation, you may proceed to fill out the profile. This RP is going to be very interactive. Chances are you'll be forced to immediately start working with a person you've never met before. If you apply, please speak to the Heart and/or Pulse who is partnered with you, that way you can work on your history and debate the powers. If there is a Pulse or a Heart that doesn't have a partner, and they pick a power before anyone else applies... Then two things can happen. That person either can wait for a partner to apply or they can pick a power first and keep it. Who ever joins will just have to be ok with the power the other chose. Last thing is that I do ask for you to post the profile in a separate Test Thread with nothing else but that character info in it, your posting format, and an optional journal. Once it's there, just pm to me with the title of your character (ex: Orion, Draco)! I will be linking your profile to the picture on the characters list.

x X RULE FIVE ; FIGHTING
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The entire story that we'll be telling is going to place in two main locations: the Labyrinth (the small city underneath the structure of Roulette), and the actual arenas. Only four people will every be in an arena at one time, so while they're settling the score, everyone has the freedom to roam the small underground city and interact with each other! The city has literally anything and everything your character would want (within reason of course) so feel free to roam and make friends. As for the characters IN the arena fighting, we're going to be following a formula. First of, who is going to be fighting will be decided in one of two ways: dice roll or volunteer. One fight I'll pit veterans against each other, the next fight will be newbies. Once we have our competitors, one team could either decide to lose, or if neither team care, we'll be rolling a dice to see who wins the fight. This makes it fair for everyone and we don't have to argue over winning! It's a pretty simple system.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

The world has always belonged to the privileged.

The year was 2103, and the earth had undergone a change of hands. Gone were the days of justice and integrity, all the fanciful notions of honorable men. As their prestige and wealth had fallen, those with more cash and more funds slowly began to gain ground. Now, they controlled the earth; from politics, to goods and technology. Refusing mix with those they considered lower than themselves, they endeavored to create their own little universe behind their high walls. The Inner Sanctum was formed, accessible only by those with a pass or pedigree. Circular ringlet cities rose all over the planet, each with a layer of grim covering the pearl inside.

That leaves us to consider the outer realm, that which was not graced with such fortune. This became the Outer Sanctum, home of the underprivileged. Sure, there were your hard working middle class families, your shop owners and farmers… but the rest of the world had fallen into disarray. Crime ran rampant in the Outer Sanctum, a disease that festered there along with the drugs, murder, and prostitution. It was a short life there, one riddled with pain and misfortune.

Of course, the Inner Sanctum had bigger things to worry about, for you see… they were bored. Long ago had they lost interest in their dull sports, and restlessness seemed to spread through the higher ranks. Ideas were put forth and shot down, each more wild than the next. Until the first android was created.

For all intent and purposes, these android were simple toys. Their bodies were a mass of circuits, flesh, and intelligence, each more unique and advanced than the next. After the launch of the prototype, they began to mass produce these ‘dolls’ creating the perfect worker, celebrity, slave, or lover. All seemed perfect, for the rich had a new toy, a new trend to play with.

That is, until a bright young scientist stepped things up.

He increased the possibilities, twisting nature and life almost past its limit to create a new android.

He called it a Pulse.

This new model could feel, think, breath, and do things beyond the imagination … Each one was gifted with a unique power unlike anything humans had seen before. Some could control fire, others water, and some could even twist your mind, creating visions. The real clincher was this: if a Pulse accepted a Human as their Heart, that human would be gifted with the same gift as their Pulse.

These Pulses became highly valued, and people soon began trying to collect the fastest, the strongest, the cleverest. It was only a matter of time before someone thought to make a game of it.

The arenas were built quickly, buildings brought to life with steel and stone. The top was for the tourists, the viewers, all bright colors and fancy facades. It was below that you needed to worry about… for below, existed the Labyrinth. A never ending system of tunnels was carved beneath the arena, full of rooms, storage houses, meeting halls, the works. It was a city of twist and turns. The players were housed below as well, in small rooms suited for two. Without a guide, it was near impossible to navigate down there at first… in time, you grew used to the dark, used to the winding halls. Many of the veteran players could find their way around the halls effortlessly.

A game known as Roulette soon began. At first it was just a way to pass the time, draw interest… but then, it became something more. An obsession, if you will. People paid hundreds of dollars for tickets, coming from all over the Inner Sanctum and even other cities for the event. Only one Roulette existed, other cities green with envy. The arena, however, had a small problem…

They needed players. Badly.

No one wanted to die, and these games were a guaranteed suicide… at least until Roulette began promoting. The players were portrayed as heroes if they won, victors worthy of fame, fortune, and cash. A few elite members of the Inner Sanctum trickled in, but even so that wasn’t enough. Roulette needed more.

Soon, they began to steal players from the Outer Sanctum. People they wouldn’t miss: orphans, misfits, criminals. Others were drawn by promises of fortune and an easy life for their families. For as long as you gained points in the games, you could convert them to goods, such as food and money… and what Outer Sanctum resident didn’t need that?

For whatever reason they had, people joined, and Roulette had its players and managed to thrive for 12 straight years. A continuous stream of live and dead bodies rushed in and out, never slowing…

For the Roulette never stopped.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                xxx ━━━━

Blood.

The scent hung in the air no matter how often they scrubbed down the arena. It was impossible to escape, and it hung there, mixing with the human scents of sweat, anger… fear.

“Ladies and gentlemen…”

The voice boomed across the open area, and slowly, the people fell into silence. You could almost taste the excitement; feel the electricity that seemed to hold them spell bound as they peered into the space, enraptured. This was what they had paid for.

“I’m proud to present today’s contestants...”

Children clapped their hands in delight, the blood thirst of their fathers shining in their bright young eyes. It was a treat to be taken to the games, one every child of the Inner Sanctum begged and pleaded for. It was all just a show, simply entertainment… that is, unless you were playing.

“In this corner we have Capricorn…”

A delicate young woman with hair of sea foam stepped forward, movements the embodiment of grace. Behind her stood a lean young man with a haunted face, blood already beginning to seep through the bandage that wrapped tightly about his calf. Hoots and hollers resounded from the seats, the cacophony of discordant sound almost deafening. Capricorn was a favorite of the crowd, one the oft’ looked forward to seeing play. The lady looked on with tempered self control, her face a beautiful mask of pure detachment. Her partner, however, couldn't hold back his grimace of pain… and… was that disgust that reflected there in his eyes?

“In the other, we have Libra…”

An ape like man let out something akin to a war cry, pounding his fist upon his chest. His nose appeared to have been broken sometime in his life, and the set was crooked. His companion, a thin man with nervous, jerky movements merely gazed back at them all with sad, sad eyes. They received considerably less cheers. This constellation was new to the sky, and had only been appearing for a few weeks now… but it was obvious they were a rising star.

“Now… let the games begin!”

A bell resounded from a place above their heads, as omnipotent as the announcer. The grim set of the willowy young women’s lips failed to change however, as the man ordered her forward. She ran full tilt and without reserve, and one could not help but contrast her small, light frame with that of the ogre that stood before her. It seemed to be an impossible match up… until the slivers of ice began to collect in the air around her. The water from the air solidified into tiny, pointed splinters, the light dancing off the clear surface. They were beautiful, swaying in the slight breeze like that… until she swept her arm forward.

Like a swarm of angry bees they descended upon the brute of a man, intent on their target… but he failed to move. Instead, a thunderous cry rang out as he pounded a fist into the hard packed dirt of the ground. The needles wavered, and then began to dip slowly, finally colliding with the earth to shatter into a million multicolored pieces.

The battle raged like this for what seemed to be ages, the screams of the crowd ringing in the fighters’ ears. Blood stained the earth, and each pair sported a collection of cuts and bruises. It was clear that someone would make a mistake soon, a slip up.

The bulky man’s nose had been broken once more, and blood oozed slowly into the corners of his lips. Rage ignited his eyes, and he rushed the thin girl, hoping to overpower her with his sheer size.

Unfortunately for him, it was not to be.

She dodged him effortlessly, bringing her foot around to smash it into the back of his head. With a groan he sank to his knees, puffs of dirt rising upon impact. He struggled to move for a moment, to lash out at the quick female, but she was already gone.

A thin blade of the sharpest ice rested in her hand as the darted towards the nervous man. He tried his best to ward her off, but she was too quick, too experienced. With a single, swift movement she cleaved the head from his neck… and it was done.

A roar erupted from the crowd, and they were on their feet, stomping and throwing roses. The young woman merely stood there mute, gaze fixed upon the head that rolled at her feet, features contorted forever in a look of horror.

All eyes, save hers, had flown to the bear of a man that still knelt in the center of the arena. He was twitching now, hand pressed to his heart, and she could hear the convoluted gasps that streamed from his lips. This was their spectacle… not hers. She had seen this far too many times already. Enough was enough.

Slowly, his twitches drew to a halt, and he crouched there, still for a moment… until exploding. Like a super nova, a burst of light expanded before their very eyes, white hot heat almost unbearable to look at. Almost. As it dimmed, all that was left of the man were a few scattered mechanical parts: the arms, the legs, the head, a sea of wires. Body parts littered the ground all around her like gruesome snow.

"We have a winner!”

The people screamed and cheered, some collecting on bets, others cursing their loss. This had been what they came to see, this unrestrained battle of man versus machinery.

The haggard man had limped to the center of the field, laying a hand upon the young lady. She lifted her woeful eyes to his, and after a short exchange, they waved to the crowd and slunk away. Through the doorway they went, down into that darkness. They had provided a show, and that was all. The pair had no desire to linger and relish the cheers, the fame, and the glory. Not like others, the ones that relished watching their opponents suffer.

Down they went, down those winding stairs into the darkness. It seemed to swallow them whole, erasing all signs that they had ever lived. There was no escaping those crushing shadows, no escaping this hell hole, never.

For once they entered, no one escaped Roulette.

Wealthy Gekko

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ fake ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ xx ▄▄▄▄▄ fake ❏ ❏ xxxxx ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ X ━━━
                  ██ ████████████████████████ ▬▬▬▬ BEHIND XXX WHERE XXX I XXX LOOKED XXX BACK
                  s l i t xxx t h e xxx t h r o a t xxx o f xxx r e a s o n xxx a n d xxx r e a l i t y xxx s l i t xxx t h e xxx t h r o a t xxx o f xxx r e a s o n xxx a n d xxx r e a l i t y
                  faking my innocence
                  ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                  ░░ : CUT MYSELF AND SCREAM FOR THEIR INSANITY
                  XXX I WILL BE YOUR DEADMAN XXX TAKE THESE FINGERS MY FINGERS XXX WITH NOTHING BUT THIS BLOOD ON MY HANDS
                  XXX I WILL BE YOUR DEADMAN XXX TAKE THESE FINGERS MY FINGERS XXX WITH NOTHING BUT THIS BLOOD ON MY HANDS

cxxxoxxxmxxxe fakingoxxxn faking lxxxuxxxrxxxe faking sxxxoxxxmxxxexxxoxxxnxxxe faking hxxxexxxrxxxe
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxx ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                  xxxx█████████ XXXX █████████ XXXX █████████ XXXX █████████ xxxx█████████ XXXX █████████ XXXX █████████ XXXX █████████ ×
                  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ i can't turn back anymore i can't turn back anymore

x x XXX { __ INTRODUCTIONS
                            faking my innocence faking xxx
                            faking my innocence ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                              Hello! My name is TasteMyFlesh, but please call me Parry.
                                                              This my revamp of old RP of mine. The style is very battle arena like, a lot like Deadman Wonderland if you've seen it.
                                                              Faking_My_Innocence did the coding and graphics a LONG time ago, and credit still goes to her.

x x XXX { __ LEVEL
                                                              The level of this roleplay is honestly lazy lit to adv. lit.
                                                              I remember back when I used to write novels for each paragraph and was disgusted by short posts.
                                                              But then I grew up and realized how lazy I am and how much I prefer lazier lit posts.
                                                              Opps.
                                                              We use proper grammar (sometimes), using "." for words and no *.* for actions.
                                                              We're all human, so a few mistakes here and there are perfectly fine.

x x XXX { __ INSPIRATION
                                                              This was inspired by many old RPs of mine and friends.
                                                              I used to own this RP on my old, old, OLD account that I haven't touched in years, and was hoping to revamp the story.
                                                              A LOT of credit to Deadman Wonderland for the inspiration with the system and the entire feel.

IC OOC PT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces