+1 1 100.0% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Excitable Spirit

User Image
    Inez `·» »-(¯`v´¯)-» Mal
    The Messengers ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

“IT’S MORNING TIMMMMEEE!”

The sun had crawled over the horizon, and Eligius had asked her to ensure everyone was awake. The group had a very long day ahead of them, and he’d said he wanted everyone completely prepared for the journey they were starting after lunch. There was no coming back once they left. Or, she guessed what he really meant was they /could/ come back… they’d just be left behind.
      Smiling to herself, Inez cupped her hands around her mouth to yell into the tavern once more, “UP AND UPPPPP!” She reached down and scooped up a wooden spoon, banging on a stewing pot she’d snatched for the kitchen. “Mal, help me out, will you?” she hollered out the open door behind her.

’Gladly,’ he replied with a strong hint of humor. Standing up on his pack legs, Maldur was not what you would call “large”. The dragon was extremely young – granted, the species matured at a much faster rate than any other. He had yet to fully fill out into his body, but in a way he was proud of this – it added to the speed that was so essential to the task Inez and himself had been handed. Once on his back legs, he opened his jaws and let out a loud roar. The sound was surprisingly strong for such a young male. He landed back down on his front claws, his wings pressed close against him as his tail slashed back and forth in the dust.

'Think that did it?
      Inez laughed, a sweet sound to follow such a harsh one from her dragon’s mouth. She dropped the wooden spoon, running out and wrapping her arms around his long neck. ”Yes, my sweet prince, that was wonderful! You’re getting /so/ loud!” She gave his scales a quick peck as a purring sound erupted from his throat, his tail kicking up more dust as his human loved on him.

”I told you to wake them, Inez. Not scare them into battle positons,” A quiet voice said from the doorway she’d just exited. Turning, Inez giggled, covering her mouth to surpress it more. ”But I bet they’re all definitely awake now, sir!” Behind her, Mal shifted to stare at Xendta as she came up to join them. It was no secret Mal was completely in love with the older dragon. Xen would say it was as a mother figure. Inez would say he was love struck.

”Yes, I suppose you’re correct,” the elf moved out of the doorway to greet his dragon. Immiedately his entire stiff composure softened in her presense, reaching out a hand to stroke the bright blue scales that armored her long neck. Xen reached down and butted his back gently with her snout, ’They were only trying to help,’ she said to him as she lifted her head back up to greet Mal. The young dragon simply shuffled his feet underneath him, much as a human boy would in the presence of his first love.

Eligius sighed, lowering his hand off of Xen to turn back to Inez, ”You did your job well, Inez. How about you and Mal go see if there were any stragglers already up and out this morning?” Before the girl could reply, he was already moving towards the stables to check on the pack horses they’d brought along. It was below a dragon to carry anyone’s belongings other than their bonded, so pack horses would have to serve to carry the youth and their things. Xendta followed behind him, nodding a farewell to the young pair as they moved off.

”Oh, yeah, you /totally/ rocked it there with Xen, Mal. What’s your problem? Did you even say hi to her?” Inez said in a good natured tone, shaking her head with a laugh.

`·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

User Image

Feral Genius

User Image

User ImageUser Image

W i t h the weight of the WORLD on my shoulder

I will not back d o w n

I will not give u p

Elegant marble stairs gleamed brightly at Elizabeth. She herself was dressed in a rather elegant emerald dress. This was the biggest social event of the year and Liz knew he mother expected her to be on her best behavior. Liz hated these social events her mother hosted every year. They made her uncomfortable to no end. With a knowing sigh she started her graceful decent down the stairs. Already she could see the expectant faces of the suitors come to say her to marry them. Her eyes drifted from person to person, trying fervently to remember the names of the important people her mother had invited tonight. For every one person who's name she could remember there were five other people whom she had no clue who they were.

From the top of the balcony the stairs hadn't seemed so long but to Liz it felt like she was on them forever. She was glad when she finally reached the bottom, only one stair left before her feet were on the floor when suddenly the whole room shook. Glass shattered around her and a terrifying noise filled her ears. Liz jerked awake and groped around for her sword. If they were under attack then she wanted to be prepared. A snort then a chuckle in her brain frustrated her.
"Sanire!" Her voice was loud but she would have been surprised if anyone actually heard her. Sanire chuckled in her mind again. 'Do you realize how rediculous you look right now? One measly dragon roars and you tangle yourself in your sheets. Typical.' Liz looked down to see that Sanire was indeed correct. She had twisted herself in the blankets on the bed. Luckily she hadn't tried to stand or she would have fallen flat on her face. A small blush crossed her face as she quickly untangled herself from the sheets.

Blocking Sanire and his laughter from her mind, she got herself up and ready for the day. Knowing Sanire was already in a good mood relaxed her a little. But today they were going off with a group on an adventure. Liz had a feeling Sanire was anxious about this trip. His attitude the past couple of days alluded to that. With a groan she dressed in her traveling outfit, shorts and a blouse. The same outfit she would normally use for riding Sanire. But there would be more walking today than anything and Liz was not looking forward to it. She already knew others of the group were probably judging her by her size and she wasn't going to let some youth sass mouth her today. She just wanted to get this trip started already.

I am N O T just the girl you see

But the sum of ALL the experiences in me

I won't back d o w n

Silvanius's Queen

Naughty Wife

8,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxтнe old war callѕ a ѕoмвer ѕong,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwιтн ѕнιeld and ѕword yoυ мυѕт go on.

xxxxxxravenѕ ѕoar. dragonѕ roar.

User Image

User Image

The previous night had been one for meeting the other members in the group that were gathered all for the same task, travel to the mountains where there was rumor of a blood dragon. Fera had done the task of wandering into the town and entering the tavern to silently observe the group, but when it came time to retire for the night she politely declined the room and bed she was told would be waiting for her and returned to the edge of the village where she had left Raziel. Fera hadn't liked having to part from Raziel for so long, even if their thoughts and communication continued through the meeting, so when she saw the large dragon a small smile graced her lips as she moved over to curl up in the nest of sorts made by Raziel's legs and tail to sleep for the night, the only sounds after the village went to sleep for the night being the crickets and the sound of Raziel's breathing.

When morning came Raziel had been the first to wake and tried to nude Fera awake. However, she knew Fera was a stubborn one to get up in the morning. I really think you should get up, Fera. It's morning and the group leaves after lunch. Raziel butted Fera's head again and almost seemed to give a motherly sigh as the 'child' waved her away with a hand as she curled up more. "A few more minutes, Raz, we aren't leaving till lunch so I don't have to get up right this second." Fera mumbled as she rolled over some so the sun wasn't shining in her eyes any longer. Had it not been for her stark, pale white skin one would have had a hard time realizing she was even sleeping among the large black dragon. To a common person, like the people of the town the group was assembled at, she honestly probably looked a little weird. Then again, based on what she saw last night the group wasn't exactly a group of normal people. Still, Fera was always self conscious about her appearance, though not in the way most ladies she had met were. In fact, it was almost a blessing as much as it was a curse that she never had to worry about how her skin looked. No matter how much time she spent in the sun, Fera's skin never gained any color or burned. It always remained the ghostly white that glowed under the moonlight from how pale it was. That mixed with her long, straight black hair and black eyes had been why she grew up labeled a 'demon child', along with the 'shame' from her mothers alleged actions.

When the sound of a dragon's roar reached her ears Fera was immediately awake, bow with knocked arrow in hand, and ready to fire at anything that posed a threat. However, when the adrenaline died she realized it was probably just their wake-up call and sighed, relaxing the bow string and glaring when she heard the mental chuckle from Raziel. "Fine! I'm up." Fera moved off her companion and slipped her armors over her tunic before fastening her weapons in place and tying up her hair in a ponytail that left it hanging just below her rear. "I'll be back, shortly. Stay out of trouble." Fera said, moving to scratch Raziel's nose in just the spot she knew the dragon liked, smiling when Raziel's eyes closed in contentment. It's you I worry about getting into trouble. I will wait for you at the exit your group will be taking. Fera nodded, sighing softly at having to physically part from her companion and friend once more. However, Raziel was just too big to safely try and walk through the town. She wasn't old like the ancient dragons, but she was an Earth dragon with some age over the other younger dragons in the assembled group. She was therefore much larger then most; even some of the other Earth dragon's Fera had met in her travels with Raziel. Raziel was truly the embodiment of physical prouesse among dragons. Sadly, that meant while they were in the town, though, Fera would have to wander it's streets without her since trying to bring Raziel into the town would only cause trouble and damage to the buildings. With a nod Fera turned and began walking her way back into the town, her stomach growling for some food she knew she could find at the tavern.

Fera. She paused and glanced back at the dragon's wise eyes, the same look in them as the day they met. The look that told Fera that Raziel could read her most inner thoughts even without the fire bond. Try to make some friends. Or at least someone to be hospitable with. Fera chewed on her bottom lip at this request, a bad habit when she was nervous, before turning to continue walking her way into the village. You know I can't make any promises to that Raziel...something always makes them afraid and turns them away from me. With that she continued the rest of the journey in silence until she reached the tavern. When she neared she noticed the male elf she had sen the previous night wandering off towards the stables before her black eyes rested on the pink-haired female and her dragon. As she passed them to enter the tavern and get some breakfast she merely nodded, never one to strike up conversation on her own volition, and entered in silence. The tavern itself hadn't changed much from the previous night, a few less people sitting as they ate breakfast. She quickly found a table void of any other bodies, though not back in a dark corner, and sat down till a bar maid came up to see what she wanted. It didn't take long before breakfast was placed in front of her and she began to dig in.

User Image

locaтιon Small village outside the capital

мood Cautious

тнoυgнтѕ "I'm not here to make friends. Those would just be coincidental."

cloтнιng
Fera's choice

Wheezing Codger

1,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

The day was new and Marcus could feel the excitement in the air. Dragons bounded about, flying clear through the young blue sky. It was as if the whole city sprung to life with dawn. The old mage had awoken even before the sun in order to prepare his spells for the journey ahead. His hovel was modest, sitting off by itself next to his workshop. His assistant was surprised to see Marcus up so early.

"Elder Vinci, you should be resting. You have a long journ--"

Vinci held up a single hand, a stern look on his face. Pod knew better than to say something when he was shot such a look. Clearing his throat, the boy clasped both hands together and bowed his head.

"I know my strength, young Pod. And I know my duty. Please, keep things running while I'm away. I am quite capable of managing on my own, but I have my doubts for you."

He knew how harsh his words were, reaching up with one single bony hand to clasp the young man's shoulder. Smiling, he shook his head. "But perhaps I shouldn't worry. You'll be fine, I'm sure. You listened and learned. Good luck while I'm gone."

Marcus gave one last squeeze of assurance to the boy and turned towards the door. First he hoisted up the bag for his travel, next he clutched at the walking staff. His sword rested at his side and each spell scroll sat comfortably along his belt, tucked into the elaborate robe swatch at his waist. As soon as the door swung open and he fell one foot to the ground, a rather large roar came from somewhere down the village, seemingly the small tavern where everyone was to meet. Shaking his head, the old man couldn't help but smile at the silly large-sized rooster crow.

"Didn't have to wake everyone. Bah!"

The mage slowly made his way down the main road, waving and nodding to those who were awake already. Most viewed him friendly, but there were those in the village who didn't trust him even after all these years. Marcus was the only true mage in the village, and the sudden uptick in dragon disappearances and Orc raids led many to suspect old magic of being dark. It was, of course, not the case, as magic was a natural force, but that didn't stop people from whispering in dark corners.

Marcus had his own schemes, anyway. The petty squabbles of this village hardly registered. Pressing on, he stopped for nothing. Eventually, Elder Vinci approached the tavern. A stable was nearby. Reaching into his pocket, he quietly made his way to the stable first, finding an attendant to get his supplies and ready a horse. A young woman no older than 15 helped him, taking his bags and quickly disappearing to her work. With purpose, he set to the tavern, hoping he was not late.

As he opened the door, he saw several people, most of whom were not quite young enough for the adventure the Elder was a part of. But there were a few. They seemed occupied. This was not a test for an old man who had long ago proven his worth, so he decided to simply sit and eat breakfast, keeping an eye on those inside.

A young woman, Fera, sat down by herself and seemed to be keeping no company. In a way she reminded him of himself. It made him solemn and he felt himself leaving the room, remembering the smell of sulfur from Dnoyulrook. What a dragon he had been, so many years ago. Strong, broad, one of the biggest Marcus had ever seen-- and proud, so proud of who and what he was. Some dragons spent their entire lives with their heads bowed low, but Dnoyulrook always kept his head up. He had a brilliant green crest and horns the size of a cow on each head. Truly, that was beauty.

Realizing he had been staring, he blinked and looked down at the plate that was set before him. Hearty.

"My thanks, miss."

On-hand Spells:
Fire bolt/ball -- 6/6 (3); 5' radius-- SPLASH/FIRE DMG; focus: 3 sec. expand for 10' radii explosion
Heal -- 10/10 (5) can heal small wounds and stop bleeding as well as stabilize medium to severe wounds (1 and 3 second concentration, respectively)
Gravity Wobble -- 5/5; 5'-10' radius stasis-- only magic effective, matter stopped for 10 seconds (increased focus checks increase time-- prevents further action while field is up, minor wounds)
Light Spear -- 6/6 40 yd range; burst of light burns through matter; harder composites will decrease efficacy; may burn more uses for stronger Spear
The Knight -- spell creates the illusion of danger in the corner of the victim's peripheral vision, immediately effecting the user's adrenaline and initiating fight or flight fear response to force action
Goliath -- A golem created from local materials, can only be used once a day; has a single weapon at it's creation, made of magical energy; duration-- one hour

Weapons: Curved black dagger
Armor: leather and clothe

On-hand Spells:
Fire bolt/ball -- Uses: 10 (3) [ten regular uses at regular damage, spend three to concentrate for extra damage] -- a small sphere of fire which can be propelled 40 yards with minor explosive damage in a five foot radius. Splash+fire damage. Can be focused from a bolt to a larger ball with a 3 second span of focus-- fifteen foot radius.
Heal -- Uses: 2 (--) [two uses per day in battle, unlimited outside of battle] -- can heal small wounds and stop bleeding as well as stabilize medium to severe wounds (1 and 3 second concentration, respectively)
Gravity Wobble -- Uses: 6 (3) [6 regular uses, burn 2 for extra 10' radii] -- Can initiate 10 foot radius wherein objects cannot move (this includes projectiles and regular melee weapons, although other magics remain uneffected).
Light Spear -- Uses: 6 (2-3) [can burn more to focus the Spear or even shoot more than one at a time] -- a ranged attack which shoots out a concentrated burst of light at a victim-- effective only through weaker metals and organic compounds, can be deflected
The Knight -- Uses: 2 -- can create a minor illusion in the peripheral vision of an opponent to fake a surprise attack (also called: The Feint and The Menagerie by Faustus and Rodius the Maddite); Marcus' favorite illusion is a Knight, his favorite piece on the chess board.
Goliath -- Once a day can create a golem out of any solid, durable material (concrete, stone, granite, thick semi-solids such as mud or feces, even vines and moss can be used if enough is present). This golem will have a weapon of energy created by The Imp at will, moves slightly slower than average human, extra durable (depending on material used in creation)
Supplies kept on hand: Several scrolls containing the preparation for each spell, to be done either before or after sleep, a longsword, walking stick, bag (bedroll, rations for two weeks, flint and steel, sewing kit, alchemical supplies, journal, charcoal pencil, small knife, and rope), waterskin, extra pouches, hooded robes over tunic and leather armor

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
The sun was rising now. A pale and bleak sunrise it was, but still, it signified the coming day. Drow had been sitting in the garden of the tavern for the entire night. After everyone did there little meet up, getting to know one another and 'mingling', they all eventually retired to bed, where ever that may have been. Drow however, never slept. He blamed it on a trait to his race, though half of him hated admitting he was apart of it. However it was the only reason he could think of. The elven encampment he grew up in hated him as a child, crying throughout the night, never sleeping. But that was all in the past.

As the early mornng came to pass, he sat studying his poisons, sharpening his blades and silently contemplating what was to come. After all what else was there to do? Grim rarely slept himself, and after a few short hours he had risen and immediately took to the sky, circling around on watch like he often did. Hhe had always made sure Drow was safe, even when no danger was presented, and Drow did the same for Grim. Vinci had passed by earlier, on his way to his own solitude to prepare his daily spells, but apart from that, Drow had spotted nobody in the group so far. No matter, he prefered it that way during the night. He was only ever slightly friendly in the day light, once night hit however, he liked to be alone with his thoughts.

As the sun began to rise to the point it was now shining down fully upon the grass he had been sitting on, Grim began to re tie the bands upon his arms, leaving a simple knot to be untied when needed for his blades. The air was peaceful around him, and all was silent, until suddenly, a loud roar echoed through the entire village. In an instant, Grim swooped down from the sky, shielding Drow with a spiked black wing, Roaring in turn with all his ferocious might towards the cavern door, though his sounded different...more sinister...almost malicious in resonance.

"Calm down Grim. They're waking us up, not attacking us" Drow said casually as he continued to finish up on his arm ties. "Take to the skies again until we're ready to leave, We can't well have you taking up all of the garden"

An agitated huff erupted from Grimmere as his head turned so his eyes met Drows. "You and I may share a mental bond, but how will I know if your in danger when your as emotionless as a rock? I don't know whether you're about to fight or just brush your damn hair?!"

"And are you any different? We fight as a team. We always have. You always know when a fight is coming up. You're just too eager for one, now get back to the skies. We'll speak later. Drow replied, finishing his ties up and getting to his feet, giving Grim a small pat on the side.

There's a difference between being eager to fight and protecting a friend" Grim said smugly, and in a shot, he darted back into the sky, his sudden burst of speed tearing apart the grass beneath him.

Gathering his wits, Drow cracked his neck and made his way into the tavern to meet with the rest, and gather something to eat. As he walked in, he looke around with a face of cold stone, crossing his arms as he leant against the doorway. His dark eyes darted around the room as the patrons looked on in fear. Some who had not seen him the previous night took to spitting out their beverages across their table, or the floor. But he was used to it by now. The petrified patrons however were just in the way of what he was looking out for. A table. A lone table preferably, however by this point everything was taken up. Making his way towards the bar, he jestured to one of the barmaids for a mug of ale and some breakfast. Hhe said nothing, simply pointed to what the person next to him had. Turning to look around once more, he tried to spot Eligius, but it seemed he wasn't around yet. There were a few of the group about, but no Eligius. So he did what was in his nature. He needed a seat, and someone that may not judge him as much as the rest. The girl Fera was by herself. She felt like as much of an outsider as he actually was. Walking away from the bar, he took his ale and perched himself opposite her, silently drinking and looking towars the bar awaiting his breakfast. After a minute of silence, he finally sighed, thinking he should break the ice. ".....hi"

Excitable Spirit

User Image
    Inez `·» »-(¯`v´¯)-» Mal
    The Messengers ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

If someone was to tell you that Inez and Mel were brave, you should call them a big fat liar. Tell 'em there's a huge difference between /duty/ and /bravery/. They'd do their duty, but they would never go about it and win a medal for being brave. No, the two youngsters were quick to be frightened.

Frightened they were, as a booming roar came out of a cavern they had been walking in the direction was. 'Do you know him?' Inez asked Mal, who shook his large head in an extremely human-like manner. 'That would be a negative. Look at him!' Look at him they did, as they watched Grim lift off into the sky. 'Mal! Let's get outta here before he spots us!'

The pair turned in their tracks, almost stumbling over one another as they hurried back to the cavern. 'Hey, wait, this ain't fair! You get to go inside, where do I go?! Mal said as Inez reached for the doorknob of the tavern. Chewing her lip, she turned and pointed, 'There! That tree line! Hurry!' Mal turned and spotted it, quickly making a bee-line for cover. Inez turned back to the door, flung it open, and burst into the area everyone was being served breakfast:

"There's a super scary dragon circling this place!!!" she nearly yelled, slamming the door behind her and pressing her back into it.
      'Hey, uh, Inez. Thought. I think that was someone's dragon... that Drow guy's....'
      .... 'Oh. s**t.'
      Bursting out into an obviously fake laugh, Inez pushed off the door and crossed her arms, tossing her pink hair away from her face with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"HA! Just /totally/ kidddinngg, Just wanted to make sure y'all were awake! Er..." She hesitated, looking at how everyone was pretty much segregated and all /awkward/ and ish. Frowning, she tucked a piece of hair back, "Uh, anways, Englius said he really wanted everyone to like... get to know each other. You know? Since uh... we, or, y'all are going on this long trip and whatever. So... uh... he asked me to ask you guys to uhmm... all sit at this table! And ya'know... talk... names... stuff..."

'You're definitely losing control of the situation.'

Frowning at Mal's statement of the obvious, she plopped down at the longest table. "So, I'll start! /Hiiii/ everyone! My name is Inez. My dragon is Mal. We're the messengers assigned to y'alls group! So, like, uhm... if you never need a message delivered... we're your team!" Good Abraham, this was beyond awkward. She only hoped Eligius would stumble in here within the next few minutes...

`·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

User Image

Wheezing Codger

1,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Marcus could only grin at the aloof young woman. He hid it well behind his robes, lowering his head with a quick shake. Poor girl could barely keep herself together and the awkward kids scattered around the room weren't helping things. Someone should probably be the first to move.

While most would probably know him, it was poor manners to simply assume some amount of celebrity. The old man stood up to his full height, then leaned against the walking staff in his hand. Slowly, he made his way across the deathly silent room to the young woman. When he got closer, he looked out the window and attempted to see what dragon she was referring to. Unable to, he gave up on that for the moment and stopped a few feet short of Inez.

"My, my. Was it you who gave that fearsome roar today?" he asked, clearly not talking to the woman but to her dragon, assuming it would hear Marcus through the mental connection. Smiling broadly, he stuck out his hand in greeting. Whether or not she shook it, he would then motion towards the table.

"I am Elder Marcus Zeddicus Vinci. I've been asked to accompany this group and give it my protection as best as possible," the old, frail-looking man said. He made his way to a table big enough to seat the party and sat at the head of it. His eyes glanced around the room and he gave everyone a smile and waved them over.

"Now it's your turn," he said to the room. "It's only proper not to leave an old man waiting on your names, who knows how quickly I might forget them?" he joked with a wink.

On-hand Spells:
Fire bolt/ball -- 6/6 (3); 5' radius-- SPLASH/FIRE DMG; focus: 3 sec. expand for 10' radii explosion
Heal -- 10/10 (5) can heal small wounds and stop bleeding as well as stabilize medium to severe wounds (1 and 3 second concentration, respectively)
Gravity Wobble -- 5/5; 5'-10' radius stasis-- only magic effective, matter stopped for 10 seconds (increased focus checks increase time-- prevents further action while field is up, minor wounds)
Light Spear -- 6/6 40 yd range; burst of light burns through matter; harder composites will decrease efficacy; may burn more uses for stronger Spear
The Knight -- spell creates the illusion of danger in the corner of the victim's peripheral vision, immediately effecting the user's adrenaline and initiating fight or flight fear response to force action
Goliath -- A golem created from local materials, can only be used once a day; has a single weapon at it's creation, made of magical energy; duration-- one hour

Weapons: Curved black dagger
Armor: leather and clothe

On-hand Spells:
Fire bolt/ball -- Uses: 10 (3) [ten regular uses at regular damage, spend three to concentrate for extra damage] -- a small sphere of fire which can be propelled 40 yards with minor explosive damage in a five foot radius. Splash+fire damage. Can be focused from a bolt to a larger ball with a 3 second span of focus-- fifteen foot radius.
Heal -- Uses: 2 (--) [two uses per day in battle, unlimited outside of battle] -- can heal small wounds and stop bleeding as well as stabilize medium to severe wounds (1 and 3 second concentration, respectively)
Gravity Wobble -- Uses: 6 (3) [6 regular uses, burn 2 for extra 10' radii] -- Can initiate 10 foot radius wherein objects cannot move (this includes projectiles and regular melee weapons, although other magics remain uneffected).
Light Spear -- Uses: 6 (2-3) [can burn more to focus the Spear or even shoot more than one at a time] -- a ranged attack which shoots out a concentrated burst of light at a victim-- effective only through weaker metals and organic compounds, can be deflected
The Knight -- Uses: 2 -- can create a minor illusion in the peripheral vision of an opponent to fake a surprise attack (also called: The Feint and The Menagerie by Faustus and Rodius the Maddite); Marcus' favorite illusion is a Knight, his favorite piece on the chess board.
Goliath -- Once a day can create a golem out of any solid, durable material (concrete, stone, granite, thick semi-solids such as mud or feces, even vines and moss can be used if enough is present). This golem will have a weapon of energy created by The Imp at will, moves slightly slower than average human, extra durable (depending on material used in creation)
Supplies kept on hand: Several scrolls containing the preparation for each spell, to be done either before or after sleep, a longsword, walking stick, bag (bedroll, rations for two weeks, flint and steel, sewing kit, alchemical supplies, journal, charcoal pencil, small knife, and rope), waterskin, extra pouches, hooded robes over tunic and leather armor

Feral Genius

User Image

User ImageUser Image

W i t h the weight of the WORLD on my shoulder

I will not back d o w n

I will not give u p

Elizabeth was ready within minutes and made her way downstairs for food. Her stomach was grumbling something fierce by the time she made it to a table but before she could get someone over to her so she could order food, her attention was drawn to the pink haired girl who was announcing that they would sit all at the same table. Looking around at the others in the room, she shrugged and moved over to the table where the girl sat. Liz wasn't the type to keep all to herself. Sanire was the loner of the pair.

Her stomach reminded her again what she was there for but the other female continued to speak about herself. Wasn't there an introduction party last night. Whatever. The old man also did a little introduction. Liz just wanted food. Was that such a crime? Apparently this team thing was a big deal.
"My name is Elizabeth Bell." Her stomach growled louder and she rolled her eyes. "And I just want some food." Waiting no further for anyone else to speak, she called a waitress over and ordered her food. Getting that taken care of was first priority. Afterwards she would listen to what anyone else was saying.

I am N O T just the girl you see

But the sum of ALL the experiences in me

I won't back d o w n

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
As the young elf stumbled into the room, Drow looked up at her bluntly as she made a specticle of herself. his eyes slowly moving from her, to fera, to his ale, and back to her, he sat silent, sipping upon his beer as she mentioned the 'BIG SCARY DRAGON' outside. He knew how Grimmere must have felt amongst other dragons, he'd tolerated that kind of thing his whole life, and both of them were hardened by it. A good thing in his opinion. Once Vinci had introduced himself, Drow decided to speak up, though not for himself.

"Thats Grimmere. While you're all being jolly and making friends, he's manning the look out. You'd all be wise to leave him to it." Nnot bothering to join their table, he took another sip of his ale and looked towards Vinci. "Atreus. or Drow, you choose. Forgive me if I skip the elder thing if I ever have to speak to you. In my experience age doesn't mean anything. " He gave a half sarcastic smirk to let everyone know that he'd done with his introduction, then went back to sipping his ale, right before the waitress came by to drop off his breakfast, giving him a wiery look as she did so. Now tucking in, his eyes darted towards the group, and occasionally back to Fera just so it wasn't awkward that they were both sitting there. It was probably best he pay attention to learn the names of everyone. It could come in handy at some point no doubt. As Elizabeth spoke, he couldn't help but chuckle slightly. Theres someone straight to the point. Knew what she wanted and thats all that mattered. Rightly so too.

Tipsy Regular

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

◜ child ▬ ! of ↻: the⁰wilderness ⇣
                                                                BORN I INTO I EMPTINESSxxxBORN I INTO I EMPTINESS
                                                              LEARNTOBELONELY ;
                                                          「 ❛。 learn ➟* to find ↷ your➚way » in!darkness ⇣」

The sky seemed a perfect shade of blue in the mid morning sky. Violet eyes gazed up at the cloudless blue dome above them and a small smile graced the lips of the purple haired individual to whom the eyes belonged. It had been a long time since any gathering of dragon riders had assembled for any given purpose, and almost just as long since Snow had seen another dragon besides his own. The soft sound of wingbeats filled the air and the twenty-one-year-old looked up to see a dazzling rainbow fly above and then slightly in front of him. Speak of the devil. Smiling Snow walked to the dragon now in front of him and patted him on the snout. "And how was your morning flight?" The male asked the dragon using their mental bond. "Quite nice actually, it would have been better though, had a certain someone gotten up to take it with me. This caused the pair to both let out a small chuckle.

Snow patted the dragon again and began walking as Arcus began his small walk with him. There was Snow loved more then taking a leisurely stroll with Arcus, well, maybe taking a leisurely glide with Arcus. Watching from the corner of his eyes, The violet-haired male smiled as Arcus folded in his wings and shifted from all of the colors of the spectrum, to a strong black. In this he was unique. At least, neither of them had ever seen a dragon's scales do such a thing, and it baffled most scholars. The thought of elders scratching their balding heads and thinning beards caused Snow to chuckle again, and soon was joined by his dragon. The pair walked in silence for a while longer neither speaking, nor needing to. They understood each other so perfectly, and both knew that they preferred each other's company, and conversation was just an added bonus when it arose from time to time. Most riders didn't really understand the concept, thinking maybe the two had a weak firebond, but contrary wise it was quite possibly one of the strongest bonds a rider could possibly have with his dragon.

A sudden roar jarred Snow and Arcus from their thoughts as they looked towards the other side of town where the sound had come from. At the current moment in time, the pair was in the small town's library's garden. Arcus arched his neck to try and see if he could see anything. For a solar dragon, he was unusually large, though his stature was still dwarfed when compared to that of even the smallest earth dragons. "Can you see anything Arc?" Snow asked. "No, but im sure that it came from where the other's are meeti-" Another roar shattered the air around them, this one more menacing, and obviously from a larger and older dragon. ....-ing. Arcus concluded, finishing his statement and turning back to Snow as if nothing had happened.

"I suppose that means we'll have to be going to that then?" The shifter asked almost begrudgingly. People, weren't exactly his favorite thing in the world. "Yes. You were asked personally to come remember?" "We. We were asked." Arcus gave a soft rumble akin to a purr. "...Yes, we. And we chose to except, and Abraham forbid if that means you have to open your mouth!" They both laughed heartily and Snow leaned against Arcus' shoulder sighing. "Alright then, let's get this over with." Arcus nodded and the pair slowly began the trip to the tavern.

Snow had arranged for Arcus to sleep in the library garden in return that the garden look ten fold better then it had, and as the pair walked away, it was quite clear Arcus had done just that, using his breath of life all over the garden. It had never seen better days. Eventually, the two found their way to the tavern and heard shouting, and it sounded like that of a young woman. They listened for about a minute just out of eye shot of the people in the tavern. "Big scary dragon?" Arcus asked bemused. "Shh!" Snow brought a finger to his lips as he emitted the sound playfully, just as equally bemused. As soon as the commotion had died down, Snow turned to Arcus and gave his partner a nod with his right hand over his heart, the customary farewell to a loved one gesture used by his old clan. The dragon smiled and returned the gesture before the two split ways and Snow entered the tavern.

Walking in, the air seemed a bit tense with the all to familiar vibe of awkwardness. Violet eyes quickly skimmed over the scene. It would seem he just caught the end of Atreus' introduction. Snow looked over at the dark elf and gave a small nod, not knowing nor caring all to much if the other had seen his gesture before he went and sat in what seemed to be the only lonely table in the place. Sitting down, Snow's eyes wandered back over to the dark elf. Many had considered, or so he was told, rejecting Eligius' request to bring the dark elf along for fear tensions would rise between himself and the dark elf, though that was as far from the truth as possible. Snow held no ill will towards this drow. It was not he who slaughtered his clan like animals, and from the stories he had been told, Atreus had proven himself a reliable and skilled rider with a strong bond with his dragon. Why should he hate the other just for being different? Snow knew all to well what it felt like to be 'different' But that was a long and forgotten time ago.

Before long a waitress had brought him food and ale, which he looked at with an almost quizzical manner. It looked....overcooked. But then again, he preferred to eat his rabbit raw so Everything was overcooked to him. Giving a slight shrug, Snow began to eat his fill and then sat back and watched as the introductions went on. If it came to him, he wasn't exactly sure if he would speak openly or not. The last time he spoke aloud was probably about two or three months ago, and he couldn't even remember what for. What use were words when one had actions? As an animal, there were no words other then the aggressive bark, the saddened whine. and the lonely howl. Looking back over the party that had thus far been assembled, it wasn't a far stretch to say that the selected team was....well rounded? That was putting it lightly. He heard Arcus chuckle in his mind and smiled in response before going back to his role as the silent watcher.

Silvanius's Queen

Naughty Wife

8,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxтнe old war callѕ a ѕoмвer ѕong,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwιтн ѕнιeld and ѕword yoυ мυѕт go on.

xxxxxxravenѕ ѕoar. dragonѕ roar.

User Image

User Image

She could feel eyes on her and when the feeling didn't go away she looked up to see an older male staring at her. At first she frowned slightly, but then noticed he seemed lost in thought so she didn't say anything at first. However, she was slightly curious what he seemed to be lost in thought about after staring at her and it slightly creeped her out slightly. Maybe she would ask the man later, if she gained enough courage to strike up the conversation on her own. Fera filed the thought away for the moment when he seemed to come out of the daze and glanced back down at her own food, only occasionally glancing around as people moved about, somewhat tense. It was a bad habit, but almost expected from her to be uncomfortable with so many others around, but she honestly wasn't used to interaction with people. There had been the occasional traveler or small village she stopped in, but other then that her only interaction had been with Raziel.

That doesn't mean you can't start fresh now. Maybe this trip will be a good opportunity. Fera sighed as Raziel's thoughts cut in, obviously reading her previous feelings and thoughts. Honestly, sometimes Raziel made her feel like she was being smothered by a mother, but she knew the dragon meant well and could see truths that not even Fera could see for herself yet. Easier said then done. Fera replied slightly before she tensed up as the dark elf she had spotted the other night chose her table to sit on. Are you alright? Fera nodded her mentally, knowing Raziel, although trying to urge her to learn to trust people, would still be worried over her and would have felt her tense as she had. It's fine, just stories told when I was a kid getting the better of me. I'm not one in a position to judge him without getting to know him, anyways. She replied as she forced herself to relax and watched the dark elf as he sat down and waited for his food.

At first it seemed they would both be eating in silence, but the dark elf broke the silence first and Fera looked back up from her food to look at him. "Hi." She replied, not sure what else to say since he hadn't exactly said much himself. However, it almost seemed like fate was going to be nice to her and the next interruption to the tavern entered in the form of the strange pink-haired girl that had way to much energy for her own good. Or so Fera thought, to which received a small chuckle from Raziel in her mind. However, it seemed fate had only been fooling her when the girl gave instructions that their 'leader' wanted them all to sit at one table with each other and get to know each other better. At first she was reluctant to move, but when the elder man that had been staring at her before gave his name and motioned for them to all move to the table she glanced at Atreus, now knowing the name of the dark elf, and waited to see what he was going to do.

When he didn't move she paused herself and sipped at the ale in her mug as another entered the tavern from outside to find a table in the corner while yet another appeared from the depths of the rooms and introduced herself before moving over to the table some of the others were now sitting at. Go sit with them, Fera. Fera sighed softly as Raziel tried to mother her again and decided to just remain where she was for the moment seeing as Atreus hadn't moved, merely glancing at everyone already there for a second. "Fera." She knew she had to at least give her name. Short and straight to the point, there wasn't really a need to say anything else about who she was and they were all here for the same reason so no need to touch on that topic either "My dragon's name is Raziel, though she prefers Raz for short since most seem to mispronounce it." With that she fell silent again as she wondered how long it would take for the others to show up while she continued to merely observe silently.

User Image

locaтιon Tavern

мood Cautious

тнoυgнтѕ "I'm not here to make friends. Those would just be coincidental."

cloтнιng
Fera's choice

Eloquent Lover

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAℓιεяα xCąτєяιηαxx
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Summary:Aliera and Avrae start their day with a meal then head toward the meeting.
Wear:Aliera's Choice
OOC:N/A

The night had been cool, and presented a perfect morning for a lovely hunt. A dark wolf and a blue dragon encircled a deer and took turns eating from its bounty. Once both had reached their fill, the pair went to look for a stream. As they trudged along, the wolf licked at its lips cleaning the blood from them. It didn't take long to locate a stream of drink their fill. Once all their appetites had been tended to the wolf went about cleaning her fur as the dragon lay out and stretched out her wings, absorbing the warm of the sunlight. As the morning wore on, they both didn’t make a move to the city which started to bother the dragon. ‘Aliera, we must make for the town. I know it’s not your favorite place, but today is the day that everyone is gathering to investigate the rumors of the blood dragon.’ The dragon implored of the wolf. Two pale eyes met with the dragon’s gold ones. Before the dragon received an answer, the she wolf lifted her nose to the air and took a deep breath.

Yes, today was the day that several few had been called upon to go investigate the dreadful rumors of the blood dragon. Aliera truly didn’t want to go and involve herself with other beings, but there must have been some reason that she was called upon rather than someone else. ‘Few riders. Me, one.’ She thought brokenly to herself. In her wolf form she wasn’t able to create full sentenced thoughts as she would as a human. Though Aliera had only meant this thought to herself, Avrae heard it. The dragon thrashed her tail and huffed in protest with the negative thoughts. Aliera lowered her ears and nuzzled against Avrae. ‘Forgive.’ Aliera asked Avrae as she nuzzled her nose into the dragon’s chest. The dragon lowered her head and nuzzled it against the wolf’s side. ‘Have a little more faith, Aliera.’ The wolf gave several wags of her tail before transforming back into a human. The female elf stood nude in front of her dragon, alone in the forest. Aliera stretched her arms to the sky as she reacquainted herself with this form. The past several days, she had remained a wolf as she was just more comfortable in that form. Her long blue hair cascaded down her pale body as she approached the dragon’s neck where a pack saddle was secure. She retrieved a white dress from the largest pouch and examined it before looking up at Avrae. “It seems we will have to venture into town. This dress won’t do for any type of trip.” Aliera stated before slipping the dress over her head. Avrae chuckled at the statement and waited for Aliera to climb into the saddle. Once elf had settled herself in her seat, the dragon took off into the sky.

After a few playful twirls through the clouds, Aliera and Avrae headed toward the town. It wasn’t an awful distance away but they didn’t have much time to dally. Though their morning had started early, it still continued on though Aliera wished it would slow. She was not looking forward to meeting these people. Avrae made a gentle landing outside the city closest to the market. Aliera gracefully slid off the dragon’s back giving her companion a pat before timidly making her way into town. Avrae gave her elf friend a gentle nudge of encouragement before following her into town. Aliera went to the nearest clothing shop and began to look for quest worthy cloths. As she looked through the clothing selection the few towns’ people, who had awoken, would occasionally stop and start at Avrae who patiently waited on Aliera. The female elf had already chosen a top, boots and a cap and was now just looking for pants when a roar caught everyone’s attention. For a moment Aliera stiffened and her eyes quickly darted to Avrae. The dragon was looking in the direction of the sound but didn’t seemed alarm which made Aliera relax. As the town’s people regained from the sound and began to speculate on it, the elf finally found her some suitable pants. Conveniently enough, the shop also had a place where she could change into her new wardrobe as well.

Once Aliera emerged from the clothing shop she once again put her dress into a pocket of the saddle. The next thing she began to do was check her supply of arrows and the sharpness of her blades. “That must have been a call for the gathering…”
Avrae speculated, her eyes still locked in the direction of the roar. It didn’t take long for Aliera to assess that she was completely stocked up and didn’t need anything else from the town. “We will be there soon.” Aliera responded quietly before walking off in the direction that Avrae had been staring. As they walked, a shadow quickly passed overhead. Both the dragon and elf’s eyes darted to the sky and caught a glimpse of a dark colored dragon. ‘He must belong to another rider.’

He, huh? Again since Avrae didn’t seem to be alarmed, neither was Aliera and they continued to stroll on. They began to come up to a tavern which sounded to have a lot of activity. Cautiously Aliera approached the door and peeked inside. She saw several different types of people and few of their dragons were inside with them. ‘This must be the place…’ the elf thought to herself. She looked at the doorway and the remaining space inside and noticed there wasn’t much room for Avrae. Before she knew it, the dragon’s cool head was against her back and nudged her inside. Alarmed, Aliera turned to Avrae, protest in the elf’s eyes.

“Now, before you fret, as you just estimated I cannot fit inside. So, as you attend the meeting, I shall be on the roof of the building warming my scales. You know I’ll be right here for you.” Avrae offered before extending her wings and taking to the sky once more. There was a soft groan from the ceiling which allowed Aliera to exhale the breath she had been holding. Inhaling once more, she turned to the room which looked to be focused on a girl who seemed to be nervous. Who wouldn’t be with a room staring at them? Aliera made her way to a corner table and sat by herself as an older man stood and tried to take the attention off of the girl. From there people began to give their names. When all was quiet, Aliera spoke up enough to say, “I’m Aliera. Avrae is on the roof…” From there on, she was quiet. ‘Good job.’ Avrae cooed to Aliera in her thoughts. This brought a smile to the elf’s face. Her pale eyes roamed around the room, curiously examining everyone who was called and trying to remember the faces that belonged with the names.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kimmico13's Wife

Romantic Humorist

8,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Married 100
User Image
            User Image

User Image

Gilbert de Vandes was lying peacefully in his bed, snoring ever so slightly as a dream of pretty girls danced in his mind. Suddenly there was a piercing roar and Gilbert bolted up, falling out of his bed and smacking hard on the floor. "What the hell?" He whispered from the floor. As he regained his senses, however, he realized that this must be their wake up call. Ever so slowly he dragged himself back onto his bed. He pulled his boots from underneath and slipped them on, quickly lacing them up. Gilbert was rubbing sleep out of his eyes when he slipped his backpack on and clipped the bag containing his throwing knives onto his belt. He gave himself a once over in the mirror before heading out the door.

He made his way to the tavern where they were all to meet, dragging his feet. Sure, he was excited for the journey, but his body just was not awake yet. As he entered a pink haired woman was introducing herself as their messenger and others were responding. Gilbert, however, plopped down at a table and ordered himself some breakfast, there would be time for making friends later.

Gilbert folded arms on the table and rested his head upon them. The tavern was really beginning to fill up. The loud mix of people talking and the dragons outside was giving Gilbert quite the headache. He wondered if they would be leaving anytime soon. However, it was still early and they weren't set to leave until around lunchtime. Still, Gilbert was anxious for this journey to begin.

User Image

Where: The Tavern
With Who: No one
Wearing: Something along these lines

#734A12 #00FF7F

Fuzzy Bunny

12,140 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image#3B5323

❦ my journey :: the tavern xxxx ❦ my companions :: eligius xxxx ❦ my melody :: may it be

Isabo stretched, pressing her hands to the small of her back as she arched backwards and pulled aching muscles. The taverns bed hadn’t been very comfortable for the young Elvish maiden but it wasn’t like she’d actually slept much. She’d been too excited, her stomach filled with knots of anticipation and nervous and for much of the night she’d tossed and turned. Rolling about in the straw stuffed mattress like someone fighting a fever. Only she was fighting a fever. Something was pulling her. Urging her to push forward and the longer she waited to adhere to that urging the more anxious she became.

She glanced around her small, simple room before reaching down and stuffing each foot into a pair of leather boots. She couldn’t bare another minute of staring at the ceiling. With her bow and quiver slung over her shoulder, she made her way down the stairs, her foot so light that not a sound could be heard but still she could hear her blood rushing in her ears. What would they think if they saw her so early, even before the sun had come up. That she was running? Most likely. It had seemed that not everyone was all to happy about the Elder’s forcing the Riders to take them, the youths of the academy with them. And she gathered, there weren’t many of said youths happy about such a situation either.

But that wasn’t the case with her. She was practically bubbling to the brim with excitement over what was to come and that voice, urging her on and down this path. It had started nearly a year ago when she’d left behind her true name and title to come to the Academy. Though for some time it had gone dormant and then with a force that had nearly knocked the breath from her it had started up again. Urging. Calling to her.

She shook her head as she pulled from her thoughts nearly stumbling down the last two steps of the stairs before she was on main floor. With her hands lifted at her side to steady herself she lowered them and glanced around the large room. There were a few patrons who had been too far into their cups to stagger up to their rooms. She could only imagine what sort of aches and pains they’d have beside the most certain head ache that would soon torment them. Shaking her head Bo turned for the door and quiet as a mouse slipped outside.

The sun had not yet lifted but the air was already warm as the gentle breeze caressed her cheeks and lifted a few strand from the braid that hung over her shoulder, teasing them along her face. She drew in a deep breath and gave a soft sigh. Adjusting the bow more carefully and secure over her shoulders she made her way through the small town and into the nearby woods instantly feeling at ease. As if she had just came home. The woods seemed to sooth her and remind her of where she came from.

Her hand slid over the smooth bark of a near by tree and a pinch of guilt settled into her stomach. Home. She thought with a frown. She knew this was where she was meant to be, meant to do but she missed her mother. A smirk played with the corners of her mouth. She even missed being scolded for not being the lady her mother deemed her to be. Chuckling to herself she moved deeper into the forest, needing to distract herself she pulled her bow out and notched an arrow.

T I M E xx skip

Bo nearly fell backwards out of the tree, her legs hooking around it to keep herself from tumbling to the ground as a roar tore through the early morning. She glanced toward the dear she’d been eye, her bow had been poised ready to offer the killing shot, now fled deeper into the thicket. Giving her the grace of it’s white tail as it fled. She frowned and settled the bow back around her neck and under her arm as she pulled herself back up into the tree. Straddling the limb she shoved the arrow she had back into the quiver that hung from the branch and settled a curious but annoyed gaze back toward the town.

Couldn’t the mighty beast have waited to trumpet it’s mighty billows but for another couple of minutes? She glanced toward where the dear had been and gave a soft sigh. She had gathered some game. But three rabbits and a pheasant wouldn’t do much to feed the army of dragon riders and the three other youths. That dear had been a sour prize to watch run off. If rationed well it could feel all of them. With a soft unlaldylike curse that would surely make her mother frown her displeasures Isabo made her way down the tree and gathered the game, tied them to the edge of her bow and headed back toward town.

It wasn’t long before she broke free of the tree line, just in time to see a beautiful dragon land upon the roof of the tavern and Bo had to chuckle. Unsure if the Tavern was sturdy enough to hold such a mighty burden she shook her head at the creature before heading toward the stables. Where she would put her own burden in the traveling sack that rested on her mount. She stole one final glance at the dragon as another made a slow, lazy circle over head, clearly checking for danger. How she wished she had her own. She knew she was close, knew she would soon find her own scaled beastie but the wait would surely kill her if it didn’t happen soon.

“Unf!” The breath left her as she bumped into something sturdy, jerked her from her thoughts. Wide green eyes rounded as the quickly jerked fry the sky and was readying to give who ever she'd run into a piece of her mind about watching where they were going. In the most colorful of languages when they landed upon the handsome face of none other than Eligius. “I’m…. I’m..” She stammered, trying to find the right words as her cheeks warmed. Whether it was from wanting to give him hell for running into her earlier and the embarrassement she'd felt for wanting to do so. Or if it was from the fact that she'd just nearly plowed the man over. She couldn't be sure.

“I…” She cleared and licked her lips. "Morning sir. I was just going to go and check on my horse and put away the game I caught there." She made a sweeping gesture toward her hip where the dead animals hung. "Is everyone else up too?" She inquired with a tilt of her head.

Fashionable Explorer

User Image User Image

Kayi Esme Idril
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

In the stable, high up in the rafters Kayi had made her bed. Like normal the shifter was sleeping in her lynx form, laid out flat on a ceiling beam legs dangling over the edge. She was quite enjoying the early morning sun when a roar echoed through the inn next door. The noise was loud enough to shake the beams of the stable, and jolted the cat awake with a terrified yowl. A sudden burst of activity hit the stable as the cat had jumped to her feet too quickly and was now fighting a loosing battle to stay on her perch. A few seconds of scrabbling with her claws couldn't save her and the cat tumbled nearly a dozen feet to the stable floor below. With the luck of cats, she'd twisted her spine around enough to land on her feet, though the experience still wasn't pleasant. Falling from that high never was and now her paws would be sore for days. Unfortunately for Kayi, she'd landed in the stall of a rather spooked stallion and had no time to grumble about her wake up call. The stallion's hooves came flying at her and she skittered for the door, leaping up and over the half-door. Once safe in the isle she stood there panting and growling, her fur standing on end. "Stupid dragons! Do they always have to be so loud?!" With one last huff she strode towards the stable entrance, shifting as she went. A stable girl stood gawking at her as the fur disappeared and was replaced with light copper skin. Kayi didn't even break a stride but simply continued on her way.

The stable girl would have quite the story to tell, for it wasn't often that shifters were seen shifting, but to Kayi she couldn't care less. She shifted a dozen times a day and was equally comfortable in both forms. She'd never been embarrassed by her form and rather liked freaking people out. Taking a pit stop in the empty stall that she'd stored all her goods at she changed into a clean set of clothes, slung her quiver and bow across her back and strapped on her pack and assortment of weapons. With a sigh she headed towards the inn, where she hoped there was food and no dragons. Pulling the door open she stepped inside and groaned instantly. There was a group of people introducing themselves, that was probably her group but Kayi had no inclination of making nice with them, especially since they all seemed to be dragon riders. Taking another sweep of the room she spotted a red-headed boy sitting off by himself. He looked rather unhappy and taking the chance that he was part of the group Kayi plopped herself down beside him.

Ordering food for a quick moment she soon returned her attention to the boy. He didn't look like he would talk anytime soon but Kayi gave it a shot. "So, are you going with this group too?" She glanced at the table that was busy introducing themselves. "I just can't wait to haul the rider's luggage all the way out to who-knows-where and back. I thought we were sent to the academy to get dragons not be pack mules." Her voice was rich with sarcasm as she flicked her green eyes around the tavern again, looking for the elf-dude that was apparently in charge of this whole mess. She sighed and propped her elbows on the table, resting her chin in her hands as she waited for his response, or non-response as that went.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Lynx Shifter Troublemaker Academy Student

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas