Chatty Genius

8,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
S A L
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
" t h e e n g i n e e r "

IF I ONLY COULD MAKE A DEAL WITH !! GOD !!
GET HIM TO SWAP OUR PLACES

The islander listened patiently as Everett went into detail about the creature they were after. She stared down at the thing in her lap the entire time, preferring to merely listen with her ears and do work at the same time. When Everett had finished, Sal gently set her new gadget on the table, looking like it was held together only by Sal's scowl and a few screws. For a tiny noise maker, she hadn't done too bad by her own account.

"So something smart and spooky is chomping on Belraz's people. Bad for tourism, I guess," Sal muttered. She was just the tech girl. She didn't need too much detail. However, this thing had piqued her interest. Black Light found on the bodies, people attacked by something like an animal... Her people had all types of stories about the things that lurked at the edges of the island, just beyond the reach of the Tree of Life's protection. They were all meant to scare kids from getting too close to the cliffs and the sea by themselves, of course, but she had always wondered if there was a grain of truth to them.

The monsters she had considered mere fable did materialize, after all, once the Tree died and left them to the Black Light's mercy.

"Well, if we're going to go, we should head out soon before people head off for a nap," Sal suggested, looking outside where the sun seemed to blare its presence to the white-stoned lustrous city. "I know I wouldn't want to be walking out in this heat. Wouldn't want Eva to get sunstroke either. She's got a bun in the oven, don't wanna cook it too much, else it'll be dark as me."

She gave a quick, sardonic smile to her friend as she slowly got up out of her chair, arms quivering with strain.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I'D BE RUNNIN' UP THAT ROAD
BE RUNNIN' UP THAT HILL
BE RUNNIN' UP THAT BUILDING

location: Southern Alberon, Belraz; a hotel's cafe // health: 68% // company:Eva and Everett

R U N A W A Y violinist

sean113

Unleashed Lunatic

User Image
                                        YOU STARTED SOMETHINGTHAT YOU COULDN'T STOP ♦ ♦
                                        tab tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH

________ THEIR ONE LAST WISH IS THAT YOU PAY FOR IT
                                        THINGS THINGS THINGS THINGS THINGS THINGS
                                        Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ tab Rendez-vous point in Albium tab Mᴏᴏᴅ tab Unamused as always tab
                                        Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ tab Antonia, Weiss Weiss, and the princess tab Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ tab 100% tab

Today, or rather, every other day, was not Nathaniel's day.

For one thing, coming out on the bend from Ana's gilded prison into a sterile sea of darkness amidst brief mercy at the red alarm lights was disconcerting enough. The second was the genuine kssssch from Nathaniel's receiver in his ear after Naomi had contacted him. From the sounds of it before it had cut out to the static, she had been ambushed. "Come on, get it going! They're coming straight -- for ..."

Clink ... clink, clink.

Pulled up his collar, twisted his eyes shut -- his eyelids burned with searing, deafening whiteness. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion of assassin, but in the least Ana responded to it faster than Nathaniel could. Field work wasn't his specialty, and it was starting to show. The Sphere peered out and away from his pockets, clicking insistently. He didn't need it to reaffirm that they were very much in dire danger at the moment. It started to quake from its levitating perch, gradually extruding a sheer coat of Black Light that it coaxed around Nathaniel, Antonia, and Ana.

"This barrier will keep us alive while we're going up the floors. The fifth floor has a staff exit to the right and at the first left," Nathaniel prattled off. "Assuming that the exit hasn't been blockaded off, we should be able to make it quickly enough where reinforcements won't be able to descend unto us until we're out of this dreadnought zone." Adrenaline was already coursing through his veins from the bang of the flash grenade, and he was in no mood to slow down. It was bad enough that Weiss made it his point to delay the delayer, and Nathaniel doubted that he would be all the Order had to vicariously attempt to thwart them with.

Unleashed Lunatic

User Image
                                        tab tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH tab THEIR LAST WISH

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ tab Royal Penitentiary tab Mᴏᴏᴅ tab Focused tab
                                        Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ tab Dissidents tab Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ tab 100% tab

The targets -- the prey -- were getting away, and the White Death did little more than merely watch.

He had a larger fish in front of him.

Weiss's disguise faltered under the sensors that lit and were overlayed in the White Death's helmet of many things. It didn't take long for when his sensors picked up on Weiss's signature, the immediate reorder was capture, and not elimination. As if in a silent 'so be it,' his sabers crumbled to the ground beneath him. His visor met directly with Weiss's face as the White Death loomed forward from the shadows. Recite. "By the Order of ARCAEUS," he began in his sterling monotone, the temperature in the immediate area between him and Weiss steadily dropping, "you have been hereby sentenced to immediate arrest, Eibon, Weiss." Walls of ice started to shoot up behind Weiss as the White Death lunged forward, aiming to pin him up against the walls of his own creation. Even without his sabers, the White Death's sheer strength was not meant to be trifled with easily, and he was certainly making the most out of it.
X

User Image

EibonXXWeiss

LOCATION: AlbiumXXCOMPANY: The White Death
                                          XXMOOD: Hmph.

Weiss had been looking in the direction of the White Death since after the detonation of the flashbang, his eyes taking sometime to adjust without the aid of equipment. At the appearance of the hulking man, he merely quirked a brow. Then, at the assailant's words, Weiss's mouth just barely curled up in a smirk. 'Either he's always had those orders, or, as is an increasingly real possibility, they had known of our whole operation...' He remained keen to the sounds of his comrades making their escape, calculating just how much he would have to stall this particular deterrent.

As the temperature dropped, he rather carelessly spun the pistol in his hand, letting out a whistle that was just barely visible in the chilly air. He glanced off slightly to the side, noticing the formation of the walls behind him, before he quirked a brow at the White Death. "I apologize, but I have no intention of dancing to your tune." He swung his hand forward, the gun slipping off his finger and towards the White Death. A dim purple light just barely glowed from within the pistol magazine's case. Inches away from the White Death, the weapon detonated in a dark purple explosion.

Simultaneously, Weiss pulled his other hand back, pressing his fingertips against the ice. Veins of purple energy surged through the ice before bursting and shattering the ice behind him. He leaped backwards and towards the wall, tracing his fingers over the refined metal. The same veins as before ran throughout the wall to his right before the metal exploded outward along them. In his other hand, an orb of purple energy swirled into formation.

x

+

Unleashed Lunatic

User Image

Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ tab Dissidents tab Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ tab 91% tab

Explosions, explosions, explosions.

It seemed to be the status quo for today.

The White Death's instinct lied in covering himself in shells after shells of thick ice. The cold bitterness of the air served only to empower him, and it was in these constant freezes that Weiss's explosions amounted for some ear-cracking and ice shattering, but the White Death remained. Well, as so the saying goes, you had to fight fire with fire. Weiss was quick, agile; the White Death had to even the playing field, just a bit. It was difficult to give a 6'7" giant the run around with a broken leg. Or severed calf. Or something of another in the hundreds of other times he had dealt with dissidents similar to him. He observed Weiss's movements, studied them before making his next case. As the room grew colder and colder, frost started to form across the metal that was ... well, everywhere, actually; frost that where one would slip or otherwise be impeded by, only served to allow the White Death to live and breathe his element.

And in his element, he could flourish. Pulses of ice started to grow out and emanate from him, slowing down those caught in it as he made his break towards Weiss, slightly more at a distance than instantly coming to blows, sizing up his power against his. Finally, shards of ice spiked from the ground beneath him before accelerating at a startling pace directly towards Weiss at an arc, with the White Death using his own giant form to box him in between a rock and a hard place. Either he could face the shards, or face him. Either way, the White Death seemed very much inclined towards abusing his newly christened 'home territory'.
X

User Image

EibonXXWeiss

LOCATION: AlbiumXXCOMPANY: The White Death
                                          XXMOOD: Hmph.

He could not admit to ever being fond of the cold, and this encounter of his hardly helped the matter. Weiss tossed the orb, about the size of his head now, into the air and left it to hover there for the time being, a dangerous purple beacon. His gaze darted around, though even in the light of the orb, it was difficult to completely see the forming frost. The only real hint to the matter was the increasingly frigid atmosphere. He looked ahead towards the White Death, quirking yet another brow. For a man who seemed so apt for direct combat, the clash had begun to shift to a battle of attrition. Unfortunately for Weiss, the White Death's command over this element gave him the upper hand in such a fight and neither did he have to the time to play the matter out.

As the White Death launched toward him, Weiss again retreated, the soles of his shoes landing on a thin constructed layer of his own ARC energy rather than the slippery ice. The layers faded as he moved away, useless to leave behind in the ever refreshing frost caused by the White Death's power. Weiss simply watched him, his gaze narrowing before darting to the arc of ice. He raised a hand, his ARC energy emanating from his palm and forming a plain barrier between him and shards. The same energy covered his other arm, hardening like armor, before Weiss turned towards the White Death, opting to finish the matter quickly. From behind his blue contact lenses, his eyes gave off a dim purple glow.

x

+

User Image

User Image
                                            location - Albium feels - Filled with Adrenalin with - White Death, Weiss

Naomi bit back the searing pain as she ungracefully exited the faulty control room. The White Death as they called him really was something! Naomi couldn't help but stumble into the wall and lean against it for support as she clutched her utterly destroyed right shoulder. Although the pain was immense and it blurred her vision in its intensity she could feel nothing coming from the actual arm itself. Nor could she move it she found. The ice lance must have completely shattered her shoulder blade and any joints and bones in the immediate area. Needless to say her arm was now useless. Gritting her teeth Naomi took a deep breath and forced her arm and upper shoulder to dissolve into a smoking wisp that flowing along behind her. With no nerves she couldn't feel pain, however now she was on the clock. Maintaining constant smoke form drained her ARC energy. It wasn't rapid but it was enough for her to be careful with her exertions.

At least not all was lost. Despite her terrible injury she was still alive, the white death hadn't hit the mark and left the scene without bothering to finish her off. No doubt he no longer even thought of her as a threat! She would make him regret that. Based on what she was able to study from the control rooms monitors, thank god at least those worked, Weiss was staying behind to delay the enemy and aid in Nathaniel's and companies escape. He most likely expected her to go and aid them to and hog all the self sacrificing hero reputation to himself. However Naomi was a person who strongly believed in balance. The white death had removed a part of her body. To reestablish her balance, she would remove the same part from him...and then some. With that she started sprinting down the halls and flying through the vents on the fasted route possible to intercept the two.

"Besides..." she thought to herself as she made great haste to the area. "I'm not important to Umbra anyways. Nathaniel only speaks to me when I can be of use to him. Its not so with Weiss. he is much more important than I, and that is why I must face the White Devil, and he must escape with the others." Of course she didn't know if she could survive a direct encounter with that demon again, especially in her condition. So to be sure she manifested again long enough to speak to her communicator. "Nathaniel. Its Naomi. I'm badly injured, Weiss is in combat with WD. You know what that means. I wont allow the person you care for most in this organization to be defeated by the likes of that monster. If I truly must make a trade, know that I do it without regrets." and with that she destroyed the com device without awaiting a response. This was it, no turning back now.

It didn't take her much longer after that to reach the area. She didn't even pay attention to the walls and floor lined with ice as her feet softly padded across the cool ground. She began to feed off of the ice and stock pile ammo. As she ran swiftly down the hall all the ice around her was vaporized and turned into searing hot steam. It would make for a wonderful opener.

And there he was, charging Weiss down, landing a strike that Weiss only narrowly avoided. It looks like he hadn't noticed her yet. May she have luck in the trials ahead. "HAAAAAAAA!" She shouted with extreme adrenaline and focus as following her rocketed a massive cloud of flesh searing steam. "Meet your death DEMON!" She cried as with a swift motion with her good arm the burst of steam circled around her and with a massive hiss enveloped WD in a searing cloud that would burn the flesh off of any regular man. With fast reflexes she quickly positioned herself between Weiss and the cloud that now contained her enemy.

"Retreat Weiss. You must not risk falling here, not when the others still have need of you. I am expendable and so I shall fend off this demon in human skin." her point was clear and her stance only served to emphasize this. She would not run until and Weiss and the others had escaped safely and nothing would deter her from this. "Please..." She spoke softly as she felt something stir within her cloud of steam. The white demon would emerge shortly.

Springtime Capitalist

User Image
User Image
                  xxxxxxxMY HEART FEELS EMPTY AND SO SO COLD⇙⇙
                  IM LOSING MYSELF...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWHAT WILL BECOME OF ME
                  ⇘⇘SOMEDAYS I JUST WANT TO DISAPPEAR ☆ ☆ ☆

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Yes he is, but now the mission has turned. The alarms went off. Assume intruder's may be going after our target in question or not. Be on guard when arrive."

Lotus whirled the car into Albium's Detention Facility garage, passing through the security checkpoint without any issues. She geared it into the closest parking spot, grabbed her backpack, throwing Archie's small Seeker book into it, and put on a black baseball cap (a habit she'd picked up ever since Ethan) before heading towards the stairwell. The emergency alarm lights were still flashing, though the alarm was blaring at a much lower tone than she expected.

Kyra's more recent text warned her to be careful and described the situation inside. Scatter technique, huh? Are they here to bail out the prisoner? How did they get to the power supply? She started navigating up the stairs slowly, listening for sounds along the floors. If Archie and Kyra were higher up and she was starting from the garage basement, they'd be able to cover more ground. When she reached the first floor staircase, Lotus left a jump marker on the side of the stairs in case an escape was necessary.

Using a flashlight would be too conspicuous so she moved through the dark, almost silently. Lotus' ability allowed her to move quickly, three stairs at a time, without giving away her position.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⇘⇘CAN YOU SEE PAST MY FACADE
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN YOUR HEAR MY VOICE...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN YOUR HEAR MY VOICE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN YOUR HEAR MY VOICE...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN YOUR HEAR MY VOICE
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCAN YOU SEE ME CAN YOU SEE ME⇙⇙

⇘αт Albium Detention Facility
      ⇘шıтн alone
      ﹠ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 100%
      ﹠ נυмρ мαякєяѕ
      (1) First Floor Stairwell - just placed
      ⇘ᴘᴏsᴛ sᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ Lotus makes her way through the facility using the stairs.
      ⇘σσc short post / but finally posteedd.

Unleashed Lunatic

User Image
                                          EVA FOREV
                                            ORDER ENGINEER ... AND STARCHILD

COMPANY: Everett and Sal LOCATION: Southern Alberon MOOD: Cheery HEALTH: 100%, just packing a little more

Smiling like the sun in the sky didn't do much to help Eva as she felt the ripple of incoming discomfort in her lower abdomen.

"Huuu ... give me a moment," she replied to them both while they continued to prattle on about the Devourer and its victims. Her vision swam without hesitation, her eyes momentarily blurring. It was a good thing she hadn't ate since the plane landed -- it would have riled its way back up. The tulmutous sensation subsided quickly enough, but not without Eva just sort of leaning a way and grabbing the side of her chair for support. "Nnn ... have I told you that it's awful to be perfectly fine one moment and then feel the gripes of horrible sickness the next? Second time today, actually. Last one was on the plane ... did not end well." She surmised while she gradually pulled herself up to form anew. Miniature crises such as those were par for course in her early stages; and this time, she didn't have a massive Golden Retriever to cuddle up against for support.

Eva scratched and pushed a lock of golden hair aside as she refocused on the topic. "I've seen the pictures -- it's gruesome in every sense of the word," she echoed, clawing at an extra bottle of water on the table to drown herself with. Water water water; the only thing in the recipe guide for what to eat and drink while sowing the seeds of a child that wasn't entirely off the table at some point. Ought as well get around to worshiping it as her lord and savior now instead of later. "What I'm strung up by is the implications moreso than the deaths, tragic as they are. If there's really a creature out there that utilizes Black Light but is somehow intelligent enough to know to avoid crowds when it's doing its ... work, that can be a very bad turn for the rest of us. Black Light creatures have been mindless up until this point." She fiddled with her fingers as she talked. Nervous habit, really.

"The thing is, we don't want anymore people to have to die. I'm thinking, is there a way we can bait this creature to come to us instead? It seems unlikely, considering the inherent polarity between Fragments and Black Light ..." She realized her rambling and covered up her mouth with a hand. "Oh! I'm going on a tangent, aren't I? We should focus on what we have in front of us first."

Unleashed Lunatic

User Image

Cᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ tab Dissidents tab Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜ tab 85% tab

Where there was one dissident, there was bound to be two; the other one just so happened to be a cloud of ultra-hot steam.

Hissssss.

Whether that hiss was a product of the steam or the White Death's very visible discontent with it remained up in the air. While the steam coiled and tried to boil through his flesh, ice soon began to grow through every pore of his arms and legs in a tight coat of preliminary armor while he dashed out of the way. Luckily his helmet was more than enough for the steam, and it was a few crucial moments of him readjusting to that there was now two dissidents on either end of him for him to start motion again. He either had to rekindle his assault against Weiss, or gun for the newcomer. Ultimately, he was aware enough that Weiss staying behind would mean that he would be partial to reinforcements, and that was enough for the White Death to focus at his newest target.

Coming down with the hidden glare from the White Death's helmet was not the most kindly sort of gazes.

From the armor that he created for himself to cool his body and insulate from the steam, a large saber of ice formed from his right hand, coalescing and covering the entirety of his hand, sharped down to the finest bit at the end. The frost that coated the floors strengthened around him in an aura of pure coldness as he not lunged, but rather sauntered towards her. It was from this sort of brevity that he suddenly pulled up against the ice and quite literally jumped at her with a whipping speed that was only possible from getting a start on his ice. Crackling from his saber were errant shards, and should she have avoided them, would have exploded out as he came careening against the floor.
X

User Image

EibonXXWeiss

LOCATION: AlbiumXXCOMPANY: The White Death...and Naomi
                                          XXMOOD: Tch.

"Huh."

Weiss drew back just as Naomi made her somewhat explosive entrance. His gaze narrowed as the White Death disappeared in the cloud of smoke, a brief distraction at best. However, Naomi's presence here meant that they no longer had eyes on the security cameras. Without comms, they were playing on the luck of the draw regarding the facility's, and the Order's, personnel. Problematic.

He merely quirked a brow at her gallant words. Frankly, he would have rather not have had to sacrifice any more members with recent events, despite Naomi's admittance. The risks he faced were hardly as daunting as they seemed, at least for him. The trio, on the other hand, may have greater difficulty making their escape as a whole. Yet, for this girl, it seemed like the concept of honor on the field still existed, even in regards to the nature of their work.

However, at that pleading word, Weiss sighed through his nose. He backed away as the White Death changed his focus to Naomi. Taking the other man's charge as a signal, he proceeded towards the area with the collapsed roof. He would have to do some guess work himself, but at least he still had his disguise to fall back on. Stepping up to the next floor, Weiss strode into the hall with in a guarded stance, passing himself of as one of the many personnel which would soon be flooding the vicinity and areas above.

x

+

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas