User Image

User ImageUser Image

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Isn't it funny how things work out? Just a few years ago humanity was united against a common threat, one that could erase their very existence. But what happens when that threat is gone? Well, It simple really. Humanity falls back into its old habits. When there is nothing else left to fight, They'll simply fight each other. Hell, sometimes they don't even wait for things to be gone fully. Those monsters are still out there, lurking around and causing problems every so often... But they're capable of being handled now, they're no longer major threats. But humanity feels as though they need to be prepared. That they need to keep making 'heroes' to stand against whatever darkness could come for them next. It was paranoia, really, that kept that academy open and pumping out trained killers. Perhaps they should've realized what they were doing sooner... It was really only a matter of time before something went wrong. Now lets talk about this academy for a moment.

Its the Isaac and Isabella Robins' Academy, A place where you go to learn how to fight, so they can make you into a hero. Then they expect you to sign up for the Guardians or go out and do something meaningful in the name of humanity. They've been in operation for a load of years now and it really doesn't seem like they're going to stop. This school is composed of four departments, Magic, Melee, Tech and Ranged. They handle all sorts of students with either amazing abilities or a genius mind. They have this little group of their best students called the Student Council. Composed of the top members of the four departments, and one student who has mastered three of the different departments, the Student Council President. These kids were the best of the best, And would be such wonderful heroes, really. Well... Most of them were. The latest group to graduate, they had different ideas in mind. They didn't care for the whole hero business, there wasn't much to be gained from it anymore, Thanks to another council team around 20 years ago, back in 2074.

That team and their friends pretty much put a stop to the threats, leaving those to come after them with nothing to do. The latest team though... They had a way around that, someway to make something of themselves and the skills they were taught. They'd go out and take over Shido! Oh it'd be such a wonderful idea! They'd conquer the town together, form their own gang and really run the place. They were some of the best students in the school, who could stop them? For a while after their graduation, they did indeed raise some hell together... But not all good things would last. Eventually the five of them had a falling out, Splitting off to their own paths and leaving Shido in the middle of their violent gang war. They all formed their own little gangs, comprised of those who specialized in the same thing they had.

So now, we've got five groups running around, lead by former friends who now seem to hate each other... And they all want Shido to be theirs. Sucks, doesn't it? Luckily, We're not at the mercy of these renegade council members. The Academy has acknowledged this new threat to the city, coming from the very students they trained, and have begun strictly regulating what students can and cannot do. They've begun working together with the Guardians, intending to drive all their graduating students into their forces. This move though seems to have ruffled some feathers, Not all students seem to enjoy being told what to do with their lives. As such, while the Guardian numbers have grown, so have the number of renegade students, joining these gangs or raising hell on their own. For now it seems as though Shido is facing a threat like its never seen before, Its own beloved Academy being the source of all of it. It remains to be seen if things will pull through or not... But one thing is for certain... Shido is separated... and its going to be a damn bloodbath putting it back together.

Its very amusing how defiant humans can be against... well, everything.

User Image

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Literacy

Now, I'm not all too picky about your posts, but I do have a few basic rules that need to be enforced. First off, Absolutely no one line posts. None whatsoever. Next I'll ask for at least three paragraphs, not really all that much, anything more is welcome, but try not to go under. Now, of course a good grasp of the English language is greatly welcomed, but I'll try not to be too restricting in this area.

Activity & Joining

Look, It goes without saying that this will need people to remain afloat, so I'm asking you to kindly try to stay active. If there have been no posts in three days from you, I will contact you. If there is no reply for another four days I will then remove your character. If something comes up, Please try to inform me. To join this RP, simply send a reserve to me, I will look it over and then take other factors into consideration. If I feel its acceptable, I'll then ask for a full profile to be sent. If the profile is acceptable as well, well, then congratulations, you're in! Reserves and profiles should be sent in and titled with the character's side.

Characters

Characters in this RP will be controlling magic and other great skills, But we need to keep everything in line, correct? If your character is overpowered, untouchable or anything of the sort, I will at first get in contact with you to try to remedy the issue. If this fails, I will remove your character. The only two races available for this RP are humans & hybrids, currently. If this is to ever change, I will make a announcement about it.

Other

There are a few other basic rules that need to be gone over... First off, It should really go without saying, Do not cyber in this RP. I don't care what you do in private, thats not my business, but please, do not display any graphical sex in this RP. I don't care if you imply it happens or even straight up say it happens, Just don't go into detail that'll get you banned. Now, If your character gets into a fight with another player character, I currently have no combat system set up, so I'll have to trust you to act maturely and decide the outcome amongst yourselves.

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Setting

This RP will currently take place in Japan, In the large fictional city of Shido. Shido was chosen as the city to host the academy many years ago and has been its proud home since. Partly destroyed years ago, the city has been completely rebuilt and is a shining example of human tenacity and advancement. The city is surrounded by large walls, as with most other cities in the world, to keep the monsters out and to protect its citizens. The city normally employs graduates of the Academy into its guard ranks. Travel to other cities is mainly done by two methods, Air travel being the first method, and large bridges spanning between two cities being the second. Naval travel is an option as well for some areas. While the walls still stand, areas outside of the city are beginning to be populated due to the new found safety.

The Six Forces

Six major forces are here in Shido, Five looking to take control of the city for themselves, and the sixth seeking to keep order. Someones always gotta try to ruin the party... The gangs have been around for about two years now, Though the Guardians have been around for about 57 years now.

Alltrades: This gang follows the former Student Council President, As such, its members can range from all four of the fields. Technology, Range, Melee or Magic. It doesn't matter, Any of them are at home here. This gang is rather unpredictable due to its jack of all trades nature.

Shido Elite: This gang is dedicated to all types of close quarters combat, Be it with swords or hand to hand, they will show you the strength they possess within them. Strong and capable fighters, Members of this gang are some of the most physically skilled combatants in Shido.

Hawkeyes:
Composed of sharpshooters and even bowmen, This gang excels at all things long distance. Members are generally capable of handling all sorts of weaponry and are able to fight at a variety of ranges and knowing the skills they need to put distance between them and their enemies. Members of this gang are some of the most sharp eyed and agile combatants you'll find.

Magisters: This gang is made up those who have the strange ability to control powers that had previously been thought impossible outside of fantasy. Their powers can range greatly, from raining down pure destruction, to mending wounds and even soothing minds. The powers bestowed to them are amazing. Fourth generation magic users make up most of this gang, though some third gen do as well. There is little difference between fourth and third, both of them equally devastating with their powers.

CB-X: Perhaps the oddest of the five gangs, you wouldn't really think a bunch of geniuses would be up for the crime lifestyle. Well, you're right there... A rather small gang compared to the others, This one employs amazing technological creations on the battlefield to make up for their lack in numbers. The devices they use are both wonderful and horrifying. Capable of hacking accounts, creating death machines and all sorts of other nonsense, this gang is nothing to be messed with.

Guardians: The Watchers of Shido. Just a few years prior the Guardians were a worldwide force dedicated to the protection of the remaining human cities. Composed of members from all walks of life, The Guardians were and to this day still are an elite force. To mess with them would be a bad idea. While still combating the threat of the monsters that remain out in the world, With the lowered numbers, The Guardians have turned their attention to within the walls, To the crime that had befallen their city. They see the five groups as nothing more than a nuisance to be wiped out... And goodness knows the Guardians can do it. The watchers on the wall, They have now turned their eyes inward, ready to combat the newest threat to Shido.

The Student Council

A little bit of information you might need... ripped straight from the I.I.R.A introduction handbook...

The Student Council is composed of students who have proven themselves to be a step above the rest and are willing to help their fellow classmates. The Student Council holds a high degree of authority in school grounds, capable of organizing their own events without the intervention of school staff. In the end though, they still report to the staff and as such, their orders can be overridden by them. The five ranks of the council are as follow.

Student Council President: The top of the council, A unique student who has mastered not just one department, but at least three of them. Call a jack of all trades, This student is a skilled fighter and capable of wielding several different fighting styles at once. Despite their status and their abilities, Presidents are generally capable fighters in at least three different departments, but masters are none. Note: This one leads Alltrades.

Vice President: The Vice President is a student from the melee department who has shown their strength and skill above their fellow classmates. They stand proudly as a fine example of the arts the melee department teaches. Deadly in melee combat, It'd be wise to avoid a confrontation with one. Note: This one leads Shido Elite.

Secretary:
A master of magic at a young age, This student has proven themselves skilled in the powers they wield. Head of the magic department, The Secretary can bring either terrible destruction or great healing to a battle and as such, have earned their rank. Note: This one leads the Magisters

Treasurer: Head of the Range department, this student is a hawk eye with any ranged weapon! Proving themselves greatly capable of handling firearms and the like, This student has shot through the ranks of the Range department. A terror from any distance, You wouldn't want to find yourself in their sights. Note: This one leads Hawkeyes

Reporter:
The latest addition, relatively speaking, to the student council line up, The Reporter is a genius plain and simple. Capable of creating dazzling inventions and bringing great new devices to the table, The Reporter is an example of just what the Technology Department has to offer. With their devices and gadgets, A battle against them is sure to leave their foe down and out. Note: This one leads CB-X

What, want more information about the council and school? Well, You'd need to look here for that, I'm not going to sit here all day and tell you everything.

Devices and Technology

These are things created originally for the school, but they've since been brought into use by the Guardian forces... and of course the gangs.

Shield System:
A marvel of technology, The shield system is a vital part of the student life. In that it saves their lives. Without this small device attached to their clothes or even warn as its own article of clothing, Students would be much more vulnerable to the damage they're likely to befall at the academy and outside the walls. The shield doesn't last forever though... So that brings us to our next device.

Hit Watch: The Hit Watch has two functions... It acts like a watch, keeping track of time and all that... And it keeps track of how much more damage your shield can absorb for its down and has to recharge. It will tell the percentage of the shield remaining, along with the time until recharge is complete. It comes in several different styles and can even be customized ahead of a student's arrival... Since some students are rather picky about their watches.

The Two Races

Things have changed, Humans are not the only race on this earth anymore... Or at least the only race we can trust. Born from us, A strange offshoot race has emerged about 68 years prior, not long before the coming of the Conqueror. This new race was quickly dubbed the Hybrids, strange 'humans' that possessed animal like features... Be it cat ears and tails or wings. The reaction to this newly arrived race was mixed, some simply saw them as humans, changed by the magic that now flowed through the world. Others saw them as a monstrosity, a new monster that had no right to walk the earth. Some even tried to blame them for the destruction of the world, attempting to call them Heralds of the Scourge. Nonetheless, These Hybrids managed to survive both the harsh world that followed the fall and the bitterness humanity held towards them afterwards. While still relatively few in numbers for being such a young race, the Hybrids are a rather common sight in the city of Shido and the academy. Their natural abilities and skills serving them well within its walls. Shido has the largest population of this race in the world by far, though still fewer in number than humans, Hybrids are quickly proving their worth, making their way through the Academy and even going onto become Guardians. Hybrids have a relatively low chance to be born from normal human pairings, about 10%. Hybrids/Human pairings have a 50% chance of producing a Hybrid child. Hybrid/Hybrid pairings are always 100% however. Even to this day, there are many humans how there openly racist or even hostile to Hybrids... Luckily this is not the majority.

General Information
They call these guys the Scourge, threatening sounding, huh? Look, they're not much of a big deal anymore, but they're still out there. So keep an eye out if you run into any of these things. Now, this information might be a bit out of a date, I've gone ahead and crossed out the stuff that doesn't matter anymore.

Splitheads: Low-Level threats

These are the lowest level of creatures you can find out there, They're normally smaller than us humans and they stand no chance in a simple one on one confrontation with a normal trained soldier. These enemies though are lethal in large groups... Ever heard of a Zerg Rush? Well thats exactly what these things do to you. They're the most common... Pathetically weak when alone, horrifying in numbers. Their names come from the fact that their head appears to have been split in two. Its unknown if this is a natural occurrence or not. A single student should be able to stand up against these fairly easily.

Lightning Wolves: Medium-Level threats

The power difference between Low-level and Medium-level threats is a big one. Where as one low level threat poses no problem for a soldier, a medium will almost always come out the victor. These ones are a bit less common but they're still out there. It takes a few normal men to take one of these bastards down, but they've been managing so far. Their name comes from the fact they seem to harness some sort of electrical powers, though they rarely seem to use them. One of these should provide a good challenge for a single student, though its recommended to engage them in groups.

Commanders: QUEEN-Level threats

A special threat ranking, These ones seem almost human in their appearance. They general wear full armor and brandish many different types of weapons. A step up from the Medium levels, but not as dangerous as a High, they're a strange and recent appearance. They seem to be intelligent, capable of communicating in their own languages and forming strategies. They lead the two lower ranking threats through a strange mental connection, completely altering their actions from aggressive beast like behavior to organized units, effectively raising their danger level. While serving as commanders for these ranks, they aren't without their own combat capabilities. Their skills vary as do the skills of humans though, But we believe a single student or a small group should be able to take down one.

Champions: High-Level threats

These things are bad. Real bad. We can throw tanks, bombs, whatever we have at them and they can keep on coming. We can destroy them with enough work and we've managed to destroy all the ones that've come through before they've done too much damage. Luckily, These things are generally rare and large, So they need a bigger gate to be able to pass through. Do not try to take these on alone. There are four different varieties of these, with different abilities based on color. Students are recommended to avoid combat with these unless in a sizable group or backed up by a staff member. This same warning goes for the student council.

Conqueror: Max-Level threats

This thing... We've seen this twice before. Last time it came through, It destroyed almost everything, It nearly pushed us into extinction. We think theres only one of them, The leader of these forces... But that thing is nearly indestructible. We can't lie, We're not sure if it can be defeated, But we know that we'll sure as hell try. We can't let it wipe us out. Students are not recommended to engage this at all unless circumstances are dire... And by dire, we mean a extinction level event.

Hey, Its dead. Go humanity.

Gates

These are portals to another world, Another dimension where these beasts live and thrive. Why they've suddenly started to come through to our world is unknown, But these gates are whats letting them in. They can appear almost anywhere at anytime and we have to be ready to shut them down quickly. We've found three methods best suited for shutting down these gates, Having a someone with the power to close them, Using enough force to destroy them... Or sending someone to the other side to shut it down from there. No one has gone through and returned alive. We still don't know whats on the other side, Despite years of trying to find out. Its not entirely sure whats stopping the Gates from appearing within city walls.

The gates are gone too, no new monsters coming through, but there are still plenty out there.

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

[align=left]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] ( Guardian requires Academy graduation. )
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Side:[/b] ( Gang name/Guardian/Neutral )
[b]Skill:[/b] ( Melee, Ranged, Magic or Tech )
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[100x100 picture][/align]

[size=9]
[align=center]
[b]Your name is:[/b]
(Gaia name: )
[b]
What do they call you:[/b] ( Nickname )

[b]Your age:[/b]

[b]Your gender:[/b]

[b]Who are you with:[/b] (Gang name/Guardian/Neutral)

[b]What is your Race:[/b] (Human/Hybrid)

[b]How do you fight:[/b] (Weapons/Powers/Skills/Technology. New powers can develop over time. Please describe your powers/fighting style)

[b]What is your sexuality:[/b]

[b]Who do you care for:[/b] (Crush/Lover, Leave blank if unknown, can change later.)

[b]What is your skill:[/b] (Melee/Magic/Ranged/Technology.)

[b]Describe yourself:[/b] (Personality here)

[b]Whats your story:[/b] (Bio)

[b]Anything else you'd like to say:[/b] (Extra information)

[b]What do you look like[/b]: (Appearance here)[/align][/size]

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

[Alltrades]

Name: Aimi Shizuka
Nickname: Ai or Mimi
Side: Alltrades
Skill: Magic