Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

shinyponkanit's hard letting go
                                                      I ' M _ F I N A L L Y _ A T _ P E A C E _ B U T _ I T _ F E E L S _ W R O N G _
                                                      pon SLOW I'M GETTING UP
                                                      ponkaffuMY HANDS AND FEET ARE WEAKER THAN BEFORE

CREATORS second day sea & malurus coronatus
                                          GRAPHICS second day sea
                                          CODING shiny ponkan
                                          STATUS open&&full

ponkaffuAND YOU ARE FOLDED ON THE BED
                                                      pon WHERE I REST MY HEAD
                                                      ponkaffuccinoT H E R E ' S _ N O T H I N G _ I _ C A N _ S E E
                                                      shinypondarkness becomes me

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

ponkaffuT H E R E ' S _ N O T H I N G _ T H A T _ I ' D _ T A K E _ B A C K
                                                    BUT IT'S HARD TO SAY THERE'S NOTHING I REGRET__
                                                    pon

shinyponkanCAUSE WHEN I SING _ YOU SHOUT _ I BREATHE OUT LOUD
                                                    _ you bleed we crawl like animals
                                                    ponkaffuB U T _ W H E N _ I T ' S _ O V E R _ I ' M _ S T I L L _ A W A K E

The door opened slowly and a dark-haired young man stepped in. He exchanged a quick nod of the head with the girl standing in the corner, before bowing deeply towards the woman standing at the window.

"My Lady," he intoned, as he straightened up.

She did not acknowledge him at first, the dawn just beginning to break.
                                                        Below, the elding had already begun their training for the day. From here, she could almost hear their blades clashing together. The day was almost peaceful. If she closed her eyes she could pretend it was just that. But other things called, and she could delay no longer. "Your report?"

He launched straight into it. "As suspected, the reports from the Eidorn ruins show some suspicious activity. Also, the mission in the north was a success--the researchers are currently conducting studies upon the samples brought back. However...there were casualties."

"How many?"

"Three of the Valkyries have passed. 27, 32, 40. There had been a surprise attack by a pack of vandr and though the group was entirely capable of fighting them, Rank 27 awoke in the midst of battle and two others were lost putting him to rest." His voice managed to sound grieved, but his expression betrayed nothing.

The silence that followed was heavy. None in the room moved. When nearly five minutes had passed, finally, COLUMBO OBEDIENS fidgeted and voiced the question, "Your orders, my Lady?"

GRUS EXQUISITAS passed a hand over her face, sighing deeply. And then, her eyes still fixed upon the trainees on the field, she asked, "How many are prepared for Ascension?"

The slim girl stepped forward, demurely avoiding making eye contact with VULTUR SANGUIS. Bowing quickly, she also jumped immediately into her report.

"Three are prepared. Each have certain short-comings, but their teachers have assured me that they are capable of controlling their power after ascension."

VULTUR SANGUIS cleared his throat and COLUMBO OBEDIENS bowed again as she stepped off to the side once more. "My...students are also ready, if you would like."

"I will trust your judgment then. Fine, we'll graduate them all from training. Call in four Valkyries to oversee the ceremony. And select a small group; send them to the ruins to investigate those sightings. No fighting, not just yet. We cannot spare any more deaths. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my Lady." Almost before she had finished bowing, COLUMBO OBEDIENS was gone.

"Hold one second, VULTUR SANGUIS.

"Yes, my Lady?"

She was silent for another minute. The room was still. And then she sighed softly, turning away from the window to fix her aide with a solemn look. "Find your brother and sister. I'd like all of you to send the following message as soon as possible. Only to the single-digits now, we don't want panic." Her expression was as serious as he had ever seen. "Tell them...tell them we're preparing for war."
User Image
User Image

pon

rulesO1 OVERVIEW
                                                        This roleplay works in a different way from most. There's no direct plot for all of these characters to follow: no evil baddie who needs to be stopped, no apocalypse that can only be stopped with the aid of you, strong-willed, pre-pubescent Chosen One. Instead, this is a game of survival. It's literally characters thrown into a terrible situation with terrible consequences for those who fail. It's a struggle to survive and to get stronger. You can survive beautifully, or you can be a real lazy a** and we'll have to kick you out and kill off your baby cause you're lame as s**t.

rulesO2 STORY DESIGN
                                                        This roleplay is designed to cater to your preferences as a roleplayer. Are you most interested in character creation and development? Do you prefer action and moments of human weakness? Or are you the type who loves to get really involved in plotting and coming up with great twists to the story? Believe it or not, we can give you this!
                                                        Missions are designed to cater to these preferences of yours and you'll have plenty of opportunities to shape the way the roleplay goes. At the end of each roleplay, we'll double check the status of everyone's characters and dole out both punishments and rewards depending on your (and your character's) performance. The rewards will most typically be in the shape of secrets. Plot-heavy secrets, vandr information, maybe even tips about other characters! You want info and we got it. We'll even give information throughout the roleplay, so if you ever need a push or something to do, we can assist you and point you in some random the right direction.

rulesO3 APPLICATIONS
                                                        All codes and requirements are found in the codes thread. There are three parts. Reservation, application, and profile. Reserves are used so that we do not overlook your application as we try to get the roleplay started. You're welcome to reserve for more than one character, and revoke your reservation at any time. The application is relatively long, very in-depth, and quite possibly time-consuming. This was on purpose. It's a lot to ask for, but the aim is longevity after all. The application is what we will judge on; because this is a competition-based roleplay, please put effort into this. The profile is only to be done when the role has been granted as yours. It's quick and shouldn't require much more thought after the effort you put into the application. This entire process will be carried out entirely in the codes thread. Post reserves and applications there.

rulesO4 CREATIVITY
                                                        Basically, we're giving you people lots of creative freedom, all the way from personality traits to fighting abilities. Please keep in mind: a character does not need to be a *special snowflake* to be great! Our only request is that you include the notes that are featured with your character; you're welcome to just about anything. Be as creative as you'd like! On that note, there are literally pages in the encyclopedia that we've created for you to use in character creation and to expand upon. Use them. It's terribly obvious when you don't know what you're talking about, and if you submit that, we're gonna have to reject you. Sad face.

rulesO5 ACTIVITY
                                                        Before we even go into it and get carried away: you are not not not allowed to join a roleplay only to never post. Replies should generally be done within a week of when your character is addressed, barring real life commitments and other issues you have to deal with. It may sound like a lot to ask for, but we have no minimum or maximum post length; it shouldn't be hard to write a 300-word post that moves your character a step further. If you don't like chatting in the ooc, or don't have a messenger service like Skype, have no fear. If necessary, we'll set up a piratepad (or something like it) so that there's always a platform on which you can communicate with everyone else. There is literally no excuse for not knowing what's going on.

rulesO6 CONDUCT
                                                        Don't be a lil' s**t. It's that simple. Be cool, my friends. Be cool.
User Image
User Image

pon

'Valkyrie' is the unifying term for the fighting soldiers of Azel's Vanguard. Because of the
                                                                        prominence of female warriors, the term has come to represent the whole of the ascended
                                                                        soldiers, though the men are called 'Valdir' when used specifically.
                                                                        These half-vandr, half-human hybrids were created purposefully by the Vanguard in order to
                                                                        fight back against the demons. The process is a difficult one however, and so the Valkyries
                                                                        are considered very precious. The training is intense, but if the Vanguard deems the elding
                                                                        worthy, they are granted ascension. Because their powers are misunderstood, to be a
                                                                        Valkyrie is nearly synonymous with being shunned by society. Nonetheless the Valkyries
                                                                        bear their duties with pride, bearing a strong sense of comraderie and responsibility.

User Image
                                                                                        shinyponA _ T H O U S A N D _ S I L H O U E T T E S _ D A N C I N G _ O N _ M Y _ C H E S T
                                                                                        CYGNUS TRANQUILLITAS _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #1
                                                                                        ponkN O _ M A T T E R _ W H E R E _ I _ S L E E P
                                                                                        rarely lets anyone see them fight
                                                                                        understood to be the unquestionable #1
                                                                                        an expert in hiding vandr aura
                                                                                        has been a Valkyrie for a very long time (5+ years)
                                                                                        mentored EUSCORPIOPS TIMOR, believes them to be dead
                                                                                        codedbyshinyponkanY O U _ A R E _ H A U N T I N G _ M EstatusSTATUS TAKEN
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        shinyponA _ T H O U S A N D _ S I L H O U E T T E S _ D A N C I N G _ O N _ M Y _ C H E S T
                                                                                        ELANOIDES DECUS _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #2
                                                                                        a more widely popular leader than CYGNUS TRANQUILLITAS
                                                                                        takes a leadership stance for the Valkyries
                                                                                        exceptionally strong, known to finish fights in minutes
                                                                                        graduated at the same time as CORVUS EPULARI
                                                                                        was mentored by APIS AUXILIUM's parent
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        CORVUS EPULARI _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #9
                                                                                        volunteered at only ten years old
                                                                                        unparalleled bloodlust for killing vandr, never questions killing orders
                                                                                        a troublemaker by repute, has refused to move up from rank #9
                                                                                        fights by manipulating others' movements
                                                                                        graduated at the same time as ELANOIDES DECUS
                                                                                        was sent to kill LIONYX VINDICTA but was prevented by ARANEUS PATRONUS
                                                                                        User Image
User Image
User Image

pon

'Valkyrie' is the unifying term for the fighting soldiers of Azel's Vanguard. Because of the
                                                                        prominence of female warriors, the term has come to represent the whole of the ascended
                                                                        These half-vandr, half-human hybrids were created purposefully by the Vanguard in order to
                                                                        fight back against the demons. The process is a difficult one however, and so the Valkyries
                                                                        are considered very precious. The training is intense, but if the Vanguard deems the elding
                                                                        worthy, they are granted ascension. Because their powers are misunderstood, to be a
                                                                        Valkyrie is nearly synonymous with being shunned by society. Nonetheless the Valkyries
                                                                        bear their duties with pride, bearing a strong sense of comraderie and responsibility.

User Image
                                                                                        EUSCORPIOPS TIMOR _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #15
                                                                                        believed by the Vanguard administration to be a traitor
                                                                                        ran to escape assassination, but is completely innocent of the crime
                                                                                        widely thought to be dead
                                                                                        was once mentored by CYGNUS TRANQUILLITAS
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        ARANEUS PATRONUS _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #24
                                                                                        skilled healer with high sensory perception
                                                                                        was close to ACCIPITER ACUTUS
                                                                                        lifted their sword against CORVUS EPULARI to protect LIONYX VINDICTA from death
                                                                                        is now wanted by the Vanguard
                                                                                        User Image
User Image
User Image

pon

User Image
                                                                                        STRIX DESIDERIUM _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #27
                                                                                        a prodigious talent when it comes to sensing auras
                                                                                        is particularly good at recognizing other Valkyrie by their auras
                                                                                        active in the field, used for scouting information
                                                                                        has a lesser known duty of seeking dormant fafnir
                                                                                        used to be partnered with EUSCORPIOPS TIMOR
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        PICOIDES LAUREOLA _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #33
                                                                                        a front-line attacker with outstanding strength
                                                                                        ascended half a year ago
                                                                                        has been having infrequent but strange dreams since ascension**
                                                                                        greatly admired SYBILLA PERITIA as an elding
                                                                                        was mentored by CICONIA MONERE and still partnered with
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        AESHNA RECIPROCA _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ RANK #36/38
                                                                                        aetla; they share one mind while fighting
                                                                                        their sync is approximately 70% at the moment
                                                                                        perpetually keeps their mindsync going as a form of training
                                                                                        rumored to be strong enough to compete with CYGNUS TRANQUILLITAS
                                                                                        trained largely by TYTO VERITAS, though VULTUR SANGUIS oversees their more tactical training
                                                                                        User Image
User Image
User Image

pon

Some say the vandr are a punishment from the gods, while others believe that the vandr
                                                                        are a test of faith. The truth is, no one knows where the vandr came from, or what purpose
                                                                        they serve. Even Azel's Vanguard, which has dedicated itself to fighting the vandr and
                                                                        studying them, have no information pertaining to the creatures' origins, though they have
                                                                        their private suspicions.

User Image
                                                                                        BASILISCUS CONFORTARE _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ HYRNDR
                                                                                        close with Sareul, always traveled with him, now gone
                                                                                        never speaks, communicates solely through impressions of his aura
                                                                                        thus finds it impossible to lie unless he smothers his aura
                                                                                        never in a somber mood, rarely seems to take anything seriously
                                                                                        clings to OUROBOROS ANNALIS some, mostly because she is all he has left
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        OUROBOROS ANNALIS _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ VAENGYR
                                                                                        an expert at reading auras with some skill in manipulation
                                                                                        never involves self in conflict; a passive observer
                                                                                        not easily swayed by her emotions
                                                                                        has been observing the workings of the Vanguard for some time
                                                                                        once worked closely with Findayle
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        DRACO CLEMENTIA _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ DYR
                                                                                        younger twin of Hielel; the siblings had always been in each other's orbit, complementing each other's existence
                                                                                        stands strongly for fairness and compassionate love
                                                                                        promises are binding for her and she expects the same from others
                                                                                        has been hibernating for the past several hundred years
                                                                                        was discovered by ELANOIDES DECUS, MIMUS REQUIRO, and APIS AUXILIUM
                                                                                        User Image
User Image
User Image

pon

Unlike the other vandr, there is no set way to categorize fafnir by appearance. Some are
                                                                        large behemoths that rival the ymir, while others are as small as jokul. Others have wings
                                                                        with which to fly. The only thing fafnir have in common is a self-consciousness that makes
                                                                        them dangerous in battle. While not known to the general public, Azel's Vanguard is well
                                                                        aware that fafnir are actually Awakened Valkyries. This is why there are so few fafnir, as the
                                                                        Vanguard does its best to keep Valkyrie from fully Awakening. Thus, it is more accurate to
                                                                        call fafnir a secondary form and not a species of its own.

User Image
                                                                                        TARENTOLA ECFUGIO_
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ?? CLASS
                                                                                        the oldest fafnir in existence, was one of the first valkyrie to awaken
                                                                                        continued solitary existence for many years after
                                                                                        amongst the fastest of all the fafnir
                                                                                        has some ties to the tribes that live on the Sundor Plains
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        TEIUS ABRUMPERE _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ?? CLASS
                                                                                        a former valkyrie that was unable to send their black card out in time
                                                                                        was responsible for slaying their friend who arrived too late
                                                                                        has had a difficult time adjusting to being a fafnir
                                                                                        an excellent tracker, gifted with great sensing capabilities
                                                                                        hard to escape once targeted
                                                                                        User Image

User Image
                                                                                        RIPARIA IGNAVUS _
                                                                                        ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ?? CLASS
                                                                                        graduated at same time as ACCIPITER ACUTUS
                                                                                        excelled in comparison to ACCIPITER ACUTUS when they were elding
                                                                                        has hardly progressed since ascending
                                                                                        is dangerously close to awakening
                                                                                        fears death and refuses to send black card
                                                                                        User Image
User Image
User Image

pon

AESIR The name the Old Gods call themselves.
                                                        ASCENSION The marking point upon which an elding becomes a fully-fledged Valkyrie.
                                                        AWAKENING The most dangerous threat for a Valkyrie. Describes the losing of their human halves and becoming nothing more than vandr themselves.
                                                        EINN typically used to describe those who have been lost in battle and whose bodies have not been recovered. Currently the name deserters of the Vanguard have adopted for themselves.
                                                        ELDING The name given to trainees of the Vanguard. They live in the Silent Keep, and remain in training for an average of five years.
                                                        FAFNIR The name given to those who awaken and lose their human selves. They are a threat to all and the Vanguard takes great pains to prevent fafnir from appearing.
                                                        HEILL Term for a Valkyrie's blood-bound weapon. They come in many different types and styles, all personalized to its wielder.
                                                        VALDIR Exclusive name that refers only to the male Valkyries.
                                                        VANDR Indigenous to Rielyr, these are monsters that roam the lands and devour the souls of humans. They come in many different types, all with their own idiosyncrasies and abilities.
                                                        VALKYRIE Overarching term that refers to the fully-fledged, and ascended soldiers of the Vanguard.
                                                        ** more comprehensive information, as well as other terminology, can be found in the encyclopedia thread.
User Image
User Image

pon

AUG 19.2014 OBW finally opened, apps and reserves accepted
                                                        SEP 8.2014 all roles claimed and cast is full
                                                        SEP 13.2014 chapter one opened || Shadow of the Giant
                                                        OCT 29.2014 alternate thread opened || codex
                                                        OCT 29.2014 encyclopedia remade || encyclopedia
                                                        JAN 1.2015 chapter two opened || Seekers of the Truth
                                                        FEB 8.2015 three new roles opened || Picioides Laureola, Ciconia Monere, Strix Desiderium
                                                        FEB 24.2015 new roles filled
                                                        FEB 25.2015 new role added || Chauna Enitor
                                                        JUN 11.2015 new character added || Draco Clementia
                                                        AUG 05.2015 chapter four opened || Echoes of Lost Voices

announcement form.
                                                        [img]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/LeGiiT__xCyn/Roleplays/on broken wings/updates_zps1a4bc5ba.png[/img]
                                                        [imgleft]http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/LeGiiT__xCyn/Roleplays/on broken wings/main-side_zpsdadbe1da.png[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=#858585]
                                                        [spoiler][quote="malurus coronatus"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="second day sea"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="miss megumegu"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="Justified Grudges"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="Brethil24"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="hyperion blue"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="yueaifeng"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="Roux-tsu"][/quote]
                                                        [quote="ciindo"][/quote]
                                                        [/quote][/spoiler]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces