Welcome to Gaia! ::

Certain events have freed you, what will you do as the forces of the Arena hunt you down?

Run, and never stop running 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Hide and hope they can't find me 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Fight alone, and take as many of those bastards with you as possible 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Band together with your previous competition and fight back 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Die 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join them, having employers with seemingly bottomless pockets and influence has its perks 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Poll whore/no opinion 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
IDK I only came here to be a gladiator! 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23 > >>

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
Cryo's eyes widened at the sight of the display, He couldn't tell if she was just really fast, or she knew that move was coming. He sat up in his seat he was extremely Impressed, No wonder she is champion... He smirked, Even though he wasn't fighting adrenaline rushed through his veins with excitement, He was very surprised as her attack seemed to have no effect on him, He had heard Orcs had thick skin, but this was remarkable. He smirked as the Champion backed off, he begun rubbing his chin wondering how the champion was gonna get her self out of this mess.
User Image

Hygienic Gekko

2,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
________Alice Yuri________
"Crimson"

"C'mon, Show me that you belong in this arena..."

Alice guzzled down the mead, sending it all quickly down into her stomach, taking the time to taste it. "It's been a while Since I've had something other than dirty water..." She spoke, getting up and following Gerik, hearing an announcer begin the fight, looking through the barred window, seeing as Gerik was heading higher and She followed behind, seeing the fight. She watched Jeanne fight, "I wonder...Why did She choose to be the arena champion? I mean, surely was taken and thrown in here like the rest of us, wasn't She?" She asked Gerik, seeing as they went up higher.

As Alice followed Gerik, She saw Jeanne fight relentlessly, No doubt Alice was impressed, though, one thought kept playing through her mind, it was Gerik's voice playing in her head, It seems like you have a choice of two deaths... She sighed, chills going down her spine quicker than a snake chasing it's prey. She looked at the audience, scanning the individuals that watched. "Nobles...Aristocrats...Rich Folk...Business Owners...Land Owners...All hungry for blood in their otherwise boring lives, constantly looking for the next good war...or, well...this..." She rambled, "this" being a reference to the arena, The aura that glowed in the stands was almost like a rainbow, shades of yellow, blue, green. It seemed like all walks of life came, Though, What unsettled her was how dark all of the shades were, A black, tainted aura made what aura they had dark.

Jade green, crimson red, Rarely was there a light shade of any of the Aura she seen through her blind eyes. "I'd probably feel less guilty bathing in blood than some of these dark-hearted individuals." She joked, knowing She was the same for the longest time.

"...If not, then stop wasting my time and let me kill you..."

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pontius Aurelius

The Legate

User Image

War...war never changes. In the year 189 B.C.E, the Roman empire was the most powerful force on the face of the planet earth. They controlled most of the AfroEurAsian continents, and ruled over most of the land. At the time, the great Antoninus Aurelius was Emperor. His nephew, Pontius, was a legate in the Roman army. As a matter of fact, Pontius was one of the Empire's greatest legates since the time of Julius Caesar. And now, he was at the penacle of his campagne. A push into the Norse land...a great plan to attack those savages, and put them in their graves. Pontius stood with his Soldiers, the battle raging on...1000 strong, verses roughly twice as many Norse troops. "Stay with me!" he yelled. Pontius's troops did as commanded. They stood with him. They did not falter as they cut down many of the enemy troops, putting them down and staining the ground with their blood. But then...he heard something. A cry out...a scream for a challenge. "Romerske leder! Jeg vil udfordre dig! Knus din splejsede skull!" were the words that came from a huge mountain of a man....a dane...and presumably the enemy's leader. "Back away!" Pontius yelled to his troops....they did as ordered.

No more than a few minutes later, Pontius found himself standing in front of the large Dane. He twirled his sword in his hand, his eyes narrowing. A duel...obviously this man didn't know who he was up against. The Dane rushed at Pontius, but the Roman stood firm. When the Dane closed in, he swung his axe down apon Pontius, cutting the air and making a loud whistling noise as it did so. However, air was all that the man's axe had cut. Pontius had skillfully moved out of the way. He laughed at the Dane. "You're slow. Perhaps you'd rather fight one of my recruit legionairs." he said. This only angered the Dane even more. "Fanden romersk! Stå stille og dø!" the Dane yelled.

Pontius toyed with the man for another few minutes before finally realizing something...he had grown tired of this...sorry excuse for a fight. So finally, he went on the offensive. The young Roman waited for the man to swing again. And as he did, Pontius jumped up on his axe, then his head before coming down, bringing down his Legatus Gladius (his sword) down on the man's back. It pierced the dane's heart, and severed his spinal chord, causing him to go down with ease. But just then...pontius saw something odd. Something he hadn't expected to see. A spear, coming right for him. It was aimed directly at his chest, and there was really nothing he could do about it, as he had no time to recover from jabbing the man in his heard. And so, the spear appeared to his Pontius, and everything went black. Only one thought filled his mind. 'Mars Preserve me'.

When Pontius opened his eyes, he found himself lying on the ground in a place he had never seen before. He looked at his chest...there was no wound. Not even a crack in his armor where the spear would have hit. He looked around...this was not the battle field. No...it looked more like a holding area. Pontius stood up slowly, still looking around as he was amazed at the fact that he was still alive. And he wondered what this place was.

Pontius walked to the viewing area...and his heart nearly sank...though it filled with excitement as he realized where he was. This was an Arena...a collesseum of sorts. There was a woman...fighting some manner of beast. Pontius had never seen anything of this sort. The woman seemed to stab at the beast...but it did not waver. He wondered why he was there...where his men were.
D

User Image
"This is there champion? She can't even fell this Orc in one blow." D shakes his head as he stands at the corner of the arena "Humans." He says as he studies her combat skills her agility was Impressive but was it simply speed or fore-site he wondered. D watched as the brainless orc lumbers around the arena after the champion. He had no tactic other then swing his weapon and wait for it to connect. D walked back over to the man who sets up the fights and places his hands on the table looking down at the man. "You had better give me an opponent that thinks and is a challenge to me." He says in his cold dark tone when a small smirk crosses his face. He turns and walks back to the arena watching the bout.

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth leaned back in her chair and relaxed a she watched the battle. Jeanne had reason to be confident in this battle- Ogres only carried heavy weapons, and were slow in combat. After inspecting all of Jeanne's battles closely, she had noticed through battle Jeanne used a variety of different techniques and had several abilities. Each one was always the same thing, so it wasn't just smart strategizing- those were her only abilities. Jeanne had always been weak against projectiles in her battles, and Sepheroth realized this was because they were fast and unpredictable, however she could decide the move of swords with such accuracy. That was one of her first abilities, and a useful ability against people who only carried that weapon type. There were some people weaker against certain weapon types than the other, and Sepheroth kept projectiles with her as well for that very reason.

Also, Jeanne seemed surprised when she could do barely anything with her rapier. Sepheroth had also gone against an ogre once as well. Rapiers were poor weapon choice for them- heavy weapons worked much better, and that's why she had no problem puncturing the ogre's flesh. Jeanne, however.. Sepheroth pondered what she would do next. If she found a soft spot on the ogre, perhaps.. Or maybe she would just cut him to death. Possibly go to the next level of her abilities. Nonetheless, Bloodbreath stood no chance.

Sepheroth turned to see a new face standing at the back, looking confused as ever. The ones who came during the battles were always confused, because most of them were out watching the fight, and none of the other gladiators were there to explain anything to him. She, although intrigued with the fight, stood from her chair and approached the man. "Pardon my intrusion, but it seemed something was the matter. Are you all right? she asked.

((OOC: Can some one please tip me or something so I have a link to click to get back to this thread? I can't seem to remember the name whenever I want to check if there are any new posts and my subscribed notifications don't seem to be working.))

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pontius Aurelius

The Legate

User Image

Pontius was still watching the fight, putting himself in the woman's position...thinking of how he would deal with the beast. Perhaps in the same manner he had dealt with the Dane. Yes...severing his spinal chord and piercing his heart would surely work. The spinal chord had to be close to the epidermal tissue on the back in order to provide structure and control the nervous system...which meant that the weak point was likely on the Orc's back.

Pontius smirked as he had figured out a weakness for the creature that was probably about to crush this woman. But then he heard a voice, reminding him that he still had no idea where he was. "Um...yes, could you tell me what land we're i-" he was cut off as he turned his head and looked to see his own weakness. A beautiful woman...and better yet, a beautiful woman holding a sword, wearing armor. She looked like a warrior...which almost lead himto believe he really had died, and he had been invited to some paradise of the afterlife...but wait...no, he couldn't be dead. After all, Neither Jupiter, not Pluto had judged him yet. And so, he smirked at this woman. "And how to get you out of that armor..." he said, his typical lecherous personality kicking in.

Pontius fully realized that he would probably be slapped for his words...after all, that was the typical reaction when he made such comments. But oh...this time it seemed so worth it. Those blue eyes, those hips...that bust! What manner of man wouldn't flirt with this woman? Who wouldn't want to bed her, even if only for a night?

Enduring Friend

User Image
User Image

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I'm just a girl looking for a little purpose.

█████████ ██████████ ██████████ ████████████

Andariel - The Hellgrinder
                                                          "I love the new bloods."

"I admit, some of us are here because they want it. Then again, some of us are here because we want it." A tall, white haired woman spoke up from a table not too far from where everyone was gathered watching Jeanne fight. The girl was an impressive picture to be sure as she fought that orc. But everyone knew she was going to win. Anyone with a head on their shoulders knew that Jeanne would win.

Including the woman that had just spoke up. She didn't even have to watch the fight.

She was of a different sort, that much was certain. From her demeanor, to her voice, to the tired look in her eyes; red as the blood that stained the arena floor. Currently she was sipping at a mug of some steaming drink, smacking her lips appreciatively.
                                                          "Hullo new kids." She said sweetly, setting the mug down and waggling her fingers at those who had just arrived and those whom she had never seen before, "I'm Andariel, resident monster."

Andariel the Hellgrinder, a name well known among the arena's circles, though probably not to most of these people. She wasn't going to bother spilling a life story right here, but it was clear she was a fighter, judging by the massive blade - as big as a man was tall and as wide as his forearm was long - leaning against the wall behind the chair she was in. For a fighter, she wasn't exactly armored though, which meant she wasn't going to be fighting at the moment, or she was just too lazy to put on the armor. At the moment she was wearing a loose-fitting wool tunic and leather slacks. Both were stained in blood. On her feet were a pair of soft leather riding boots, which were currently resting on another chair. Truth be told, she had just woken up, and was enjoying her coffee before getting fully spiffed. It was a routine anybody who had been here long would be used to, cause Andariel was here before most, killing and being killed time and time again,
                                                          "Fact is, most of us are here 'cause we killed a lot of people and we're not sorry. Unless you are." She shrugged, "We murderers and psychopaths all need a place to be put, am I right?" Andariel smiled, raising her cup as if in toast, then frowned as Sepheroth ran off to help one of the new guys get his bearings.

Blowing a sigh out of the corner of her mouth, Andariel took stock of the rest, one in particular caught her attention. Tall, dark, broody looking sort. Nice hat. At the moment he was complaining about Jeanne's methods. She chuckled inwardly. He had no idea who he was talking about,
                                                          "You there, Raven Darkbutt." She called to "D" with a flirtatious grin, righting herself in her chair and leaning over the table to get a closer look, "Tell me. Are you a demon?" She asked, her elbows on the table, fingers interlocked, and her chin setting on them. There was no contempt in her manner whatsoever, and certainly no fear. No, The Hellgrinder did not scare easily.

o o c ;;;

Behind those eyes lies the truth and grief, behind those beautiful smiles I've seen tragedy...
                                                                              The flawless skin hides the secrets within, silent forces that secretly ignite your sins...

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

Jeanne gritted her teeth, her normal tactics rendered useless by this barbarian's thick skin. The wound on his shoulder barely even bleed as the green behemoth lifted his sword from the sand. It was clear that the pin p***k of her rapier has hurt enough to enrage the already angry beserker. He rushed her once again, and once again her eyes locked onto his arms, waiting for the peak build up of energy. He was about to stab, and probably follow up with a horizontal slash if she stepped to the side like last time. The Champion stepped forward and leaped up, just as the orc thrust his weapon forward. Planting her steel clad feet on the massive weapon, Jeanne pushed off again, propelling herself over the orc. Twisting in the air, she positioned herself to jab her weapon into the center of his back, severing his spine.

While falling, she thrust her weapon forward her aim true. Then, despair gripped at her heart. Running down the length of the beastman's spine were scale like protrusions, strong enough to deflect blows from a rapier, even one wielded by a master. Obviously annoyed by this dancing human, the orc whirled around with surprising speed and prepared to crush the young woman with his weapon.

For the first time in years, Jeanne felt chills run up her soul. Fear, the fear of dying, the fear of losing everything. Then anger, uncontrollable anger. The hell with dying. More, she needed more power. Her violet eyes faded, becoming a mix between purple and grey and a faint grey aura surrounded her. The orc brought his weapon down with all his might, the blade biting into the sand. At the same time a loud, thunderous boom shook the entire Arena. Sand blasted up from the previous location of Jeanne. A trail of similarly disturbed sand painting a trail to the Champion, now on the opposite end of the arena. She had covered a distance of nearly fifty meters in less than a second. Her demeanor had changed, the caring and relaxed Jeanne now no where to be seen. "Die....you have to die...." Jeanne growled harshly, a wicked smile now stretched across her face.

I will break the world if I must.
D

User Image
D stood with his back to her as she spoke. He knew by the tone of her voice she was speaking to him. D turned his head slightly and looked over his should. In a matter of seconds he analyzed her by the way she sat and the expression on her face. It seemed she might be quite the warrior. Human possibly. He smirked to her darkly as his eyes flickered with a dark fire. "Slayer." He replied before he walked over to her. He stopped a few feet in front of her looming over her like a dark shadow. His body was hidden under his large cloak. "I'm a demon slayer." He elaborated before he looked back over his shoulder at the fight. "It seems that champion looses her calm very easily. I suppose this is inevitable when your the avatar of war. It will be her down fall one day." He added tracking her when most would have seen her vanish. "She's fast. But doesn't have the tactics to do anything with it."

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth was surprised at his statement at first, then chuckled heartily. "Charming devil, aren't you?" she said, jokingly. She had to admit, she was a bit flattered by his statement. Better than being offended. After all, it was technically a compliment. "This is the arena. I would say I hope you are a good fighter, but they wouldn't of taken you if you weren't, hm? This is a wonderful place where they steal people from their lives and make them fight for entertainment and raw bloodsport. Some people aren't exactly stolen, for example, I came here on my own account. she informed, with a bit of sarcasm.

Sepheroth turned to the arena where the battle is going on and used her sword to gesture toward it. "Here, when you win 10 battles, you will be offered freedom. Sounds easy, but it really isn't. They don't just go pick any one who can lift a sword. That woman there in the ring who appears to be next to her doom- She happens to be the arena champion. Don't underestimate her, or any one in the matter. Don't judge somebodies strengths and weaknesses by their appearance, or else you'll find yourself unpleasantly surprised."

She turned her attention back to the man and held her sword back to the ground. "There are two types of battles here- to the death and to surrender. If your battle is arena mandated, it will always be to the death. If you challenge some one on your own accords, you can choose to the death or to surrender. Either way, you will battle some day. Any questions?" she asked, hoping she didn't leave much vital information out. She turned when she heard quite a commotion going on down in the arena. She beamed when she saw Jeanne harnessing her true power. "Ah, here it is! Now this battle is going to get interesting," she remarked.

((OOC: Thank you for the tips guys! Finally a shortcut back here..))

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

The fight between Jeanne and Bloodbath came off as anything but spectacular. A swing here, a dodge there,then a counter attack. Adonis couldn't fathom why everyone was staring at it so intently, but then again, he wasn't planning on fighting so it didn't matter to him. He noticed that although Jeanne had the orc wide open with her attack to his shoulder, she didn't finish him off. Was she just playing around to put on a show for the crowd? Adonis wanted no part in being a puppet for this bloodthirsty game.

Adonis turned his attention towards Sepheroth who was now walking in his direction. Although she was walking towards him, she was looking beyond him. Adonis's eyes began to glow as he looked into the Spirit World to see where she was actually going without having to turn his head. Behind him, Adonis could see another man dressed in armor looking confused as ever. Perhaps Sepheroth was going out of her way to help him just as Gerik had tried to help Adonis. Adonis didn't make any eye contact with Sepheroth as she passed him, but he could see her with his 360 degree view. By her statement it seemed she did want to help, but it seemed like the man she spoke to, Pontius, wanted something else. "Typical." Adonis said as he walked forward away not wanting to be accused of eavesdropping.

Coming forward into the view of others, he heard Andariel speaking to D. For people like her, this place seemed like a game, a source for entertainment. For Adonis, someone who had a life outside of the arena, this place was a prison. It seemed clear to him the people who were here of their own will and were looking to stay, and the people who were seeking wins to get out. Even though Jeanne was the Champion, Adonis couldn't figure out which side of the fence she stood on. Looking back to the fight, he watched as she jumped away from the orc with incredible speed. Her aura was no longer surpressed and was now visible even in the Physical World. What would happen next?

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
( Edit)
Cryo stood up from his seat as a powerful aura bursted out of her, and she escaped certain death just now, He couldn't understand why he was getting so interested. Battle's had never really interested him before even when he was in them on his own world. But as this battle raged on, his battle with the six elders of his world ran through his head it was determination to save his daughters that made him so powerful during that battle. He smirked finally realizing what Jeanne meant when she said sometimes determination is better than skills, He was witnessing it first hand from her. She was powerful not only because of her skills, but because she wanted to survive as well. He sat down continuing to watch the battle intently.
User Image

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pontius Aurelius

The Legate

User Image

Pontius watched the battle as he and the woman spoke to eachother. He was almost ecstatic when he saw that the woman was about to use his tactic, but his heart sank as he saw that it did not work. Of course, armored scales...what manner of beast was this? To have scales that not even the most finely-crafted rapier could get through? Pontius shook his head, narrowing his eyes on the creature...wondering where its weakness could be. He was sure that if its back was tough, its skull would likely be tough as well...so one would need a mace to crack it...or some other hard object. But just then, he saw the woman move at lightning speed towards the Orc, speaking like she was mad.

Pontius looked at the other woman. "A woman who choses to fight? Interesting indeed. And this arena...even more interesting. I am Pontius Aurelius, legate of the great Roman Army. Unmatched by any other fighter I have yet to encounter." he said, sounding rather sure of himself. "Of course...in my land, we dont have such...odd creatures." he said, trying to seem a bit more modest. That was the thing about him. He didn't want to put himself up there...but he also didn't want to attract too much ill will, so he didn't dare say he was the best in the entire arena...cause they would probably try to hold him to his words. And Pontius had never faced creatures such as these.

But then he looked around...pondering his thoughts for a moment. "And...now that I think of it...from what you said...everyone in this arena is probably champions of one land or another." he said, eyeballing the other combatants. None of them looked as though they were strangers to the sword. He looked to the man with the elven ears (Adonis). "What about you, my red-haired friend? What land are you Champion of?" he asked. Pontius could use his surroundings to catch on quickly. And it was now obvious to him that he was not in his own land anymore. And complaining about it wouldn't help at all.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

"What about you my red-haired friend?" Adonis heard behind him. Still looking into the Spirit World, Adonis could see Pontius facing him, so he couldn't be talking to the other woman who also had long red hair. Seemed like his presence would not go unnoticed. Then again if that were the case he wouldn't currently be standing in handcuffs and shackles and would've escaped already. Adonis turned his body around with the sounds of the chains jingling in the air. His amber eyes continued to illuminate. He wouldn't keep his guard down around all these people. You never knew who might turn their knife on you.

"What land are you Champion of?" Pontius asked. Adonis's scowl remained unchanged as he responded in a less than friendly manner. "I could tell you. But my title would carry no weight to you just as yours doesn't carry any to me, Legate Pontius Aurelius of the Roman Army."

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
((Sorry everyone, but sleep calls. I will see you all tomorrow. :3 ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff