Welcome to Gaia! ::

Certain events have freed you, what will you do as the forces of the Arena hunt you down?

Run, and never stop running 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Hide and hope they can't find me 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Fight alone, and take as many of those bastards with you as possible 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Band together with your previous competition and fight back 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Die 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join them, having employers with seemingly bottomless pockets and influence has its perks 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Poll whore/no opinion 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
IDK I only came here to be a gladiator! 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 > >>

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
Dusk001
Dusk001

That a** might be anime, Endless, but it's still distracting. ><

((Rofl, I'm sorry I will see what I can do about finding a less disruptive picture. ;P ))

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
(Oh, but...okay. :< )

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

Jeanne watched as another man was dragged in, his arms and legs chained to keep him from running. The common room was quickly filling up, something that hadn't happened in a few months. The name in chains had dark skin, immediately telling Jeanne what he was. The vast desert the Gerudo called home bordered her kingdom and she had many dealing with them, most of it pleasant. Gerik moved to help the man with his chains while Jeanne scowled at the guards for using such a derogatory name for him.

Turning her attention back to Cryo the champion nodded, knowing how this man felt. "I was once a general too, though I never dreamed of storming this place and liberating it. It was to far away and I was to proud and arrogant to even believe the people who said the warriors here were kidnapped. Guess fate as a funny way of proving you wrong." she joked, forcing a small chuckle at her own terrible joke. "Its good you have determination, it can be more important that skill down here." she added, her face drawing more serious.

She looked down, tracing the hundreds of nicks and scratches on her armor, places were it was dented and they hammered out once again. It took a lot of care and effort to keep this armor together, having been to war and back and now through the trials of the arena. Looking back to the man she smiled a bit nervously. "So please don't take this the wrong way, but where do you hail from? I don't think I have ever encountered one of your people."

I will break the world if I must.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
Cryo couldn't help but crack a smile at the girls bad joke, but he quickly hid it, " Yeah.." He nodded his head when she said determination can be better than skills. " Thanks.." He watched the girl as she examined her armor.. but before he could ask her about it she asked him another question, He smiled. " I don't have a problem with your question Jeanne, I was wondering when some one was gonna ask me about were im from.." He took another cup of mead.. and leaned back in his chair.." I guess it doesn't matter anymore so I'll tell you.. im from another world, it would be quite rare to see one of us in this world..In fact i think the last time A mystic came here was 50 years ago." He drank his mead he acted if being from another world meant nothing.. He looked at her armor, " Your the Grand Champion is there a reason you keep armor like that instead of getting a new set?" He was a bit curious.
User Image

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

Jeanne nodded, that would certainly explain it. Almost nothing would surprise her now a days, hell even her being alive was something so outlandish that she simply wouldn't tell anyone how that came to be. Not many people would believe that she truly was the War God's chosen avatar in this realm. That bothered her little though. Her skill and power were real and people believed in that.

"I have worn this armor for nearly 10 years. Once I stopped growing was fitted for this armor. The collective work of the best smiths of the kingdom. My father wanted to make sure that his precious daughter would be well protected. As you can see, his wish for the armor still holds true. With new forging techniques I could have much better armor but I keep it mostly out of a symbol of what I fight for." the woman explained, playing with the fittings and leather straps which had been replaced several times by now. The armor was quite snug, having been made for her before her body had fully developed. She was just glad that her chest never grew to much, and thankfully the plates on her hips were made to adjust to her hips as they widened in her late teens.

Turning her attention to Cryo's clothes, she studied them over and over. She had never laid eyes on such a material. Clearly it was something that only his people knew how to make. "Tell me about your clothes, it is not silk nor cotton, but yet is shimmers like fine silk sewn with gold thread." she questioned, truly puzzled about the material.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
He smiled as she continued to fiddle with her armor. " Hmpf.... I see.. No wonder it doesn't look to comfortable.. But i can at least see why you keep using it now, and That's an Admirable reason, and I thank you for sharing that with me." He examined his clothes as she asked him about them. " Oh this was made by a material called Star Thread in my world, its as hard is any well made bronze mail, or steel mail. but its as comfortable as if your wearing silk, our cotton. Only the highest ranking generals get to were It, and they only get one set." He looked around finally noticing the newest person. He looked back at her, " So.. when do the match's start?" He asked.
User Image

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

Thread has hard as steel. That was something that Jeanne never had thought of, and with its ability to fold and bend she was sure it was more effective at defending against thrusts of a rapier or spear. It was truly something, having the opportunity to meet all these people. The draw back was having to fight and kill some of them. Still, Jeanne enjoyed getting to know anyone who was willing to talk to her. She didn't care if others saw it as a weakness. Her reputation and record spoke loud enough for that. A board near the entrance of the arena held the grand champion's win tally. One hundred and thirty seven tallies stretching across it.

"That really depends, matches have been slow because until you recent arrivals, there wasn't many fighters left here. Its alway easy to tell when the arena is low on fighters. They start having less and less matches a day until they can refill the bloodworks." Jeanne explained. Yesterday only one match had taken place and it was a submission match, much to the dismay of the crowd. Jeanne wondered if the spectators knew the way most fighters found themselves in the arena. Probably not or the general populace would be in an uproar. They probably feed them some bollocks about each warrior volunteering to fight for their entertainment.

((NPC battle against Jeanne coming up soon))
User Image
Kai-O
The White Shadow

The White shadow looked up from his meditation noticing several other fighters entering the room. Why were they being friendly to each other? It didn't make sense to Kai-O. "Making allies in a place like this is meaningless." He muttered as he finally stood up "Ten battles... Ten battles is all I need to get back to my True Home." His eyes scanned the new comers. Another girl and two more men. One of them looking sort of like a monkey. He walked over to the group keeping his usual emotionless face. As he did, he noticed a random male walk up to him, obviously drunk off his a** (NPC).

"Hey whatsh with the armor? YA look like a wimp." The man belched loudly "You'd be killed in a sec- GYAAAAAAH!" The man gasped as Kai-O produced a spike and slammed it against the man's shoulder.

"It's five centimeters from an important joint that if severed would cause your arm to be useless. Pray I do not go any further..." Kai-O muttered as the man ran off to a corner. With that he made his way back to the group. "PArdon my intrusion... but is it really just win 10 fights and gain freedom?"

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
á´€Bá´€ddoÉ´

User Image
Sepheroth found herself the only one left in the living quarters. It seemed every one was in the training room. She enjoyed being alone- it was quiet, and she could go through strategies in her head, places to corner people in the arena. She had explored almost every nook and cranny of the arena, especially when fighting some one with stealth- they usually just hid. She had rounded out the most common hiding places, the places where no one ever goes or barely know exist, the best places to wait to surprise people. The areas where the audience got the best view.. she always dragged them to empty fields or high areas when she got them.

She couldn't keep her mind clear for some reason, however. Boredom hit. She sighed and slid her back up against the wall, parts of her armor scraping it. She walked to the exit and hung there for a bit, listening to voices and picking up conversation. She supposed she would greet the new comers. And by greet, she meant step in and wait for acknowledgement. She hated interrupting conversations.

She was surprisingly quiet as she stepped down the hall- her boots were designed to be powerful and heavy, but quiet and able to sneak around with. Brilliant design. It took a while to convince the agents at the arena to allow her to keep her armor, but the audience liked the way it looked, so they took it in and inspected it for any thing that could be used for cheating. Sepheroth had no clue how you could cheat in a game of death like this. If they were looking for hidden weapons, she saw no point, because a simple hard blow to the temple could kill some one. Her armor was a weapon itself.

She hung at the doorway and inspected the people carefully. Jeanne, of course, was not new. She had never paid much attention to any one else besides Jeanne. She was powerful. It wasn't fear of death that veered Sepheroth away from Jeanne, it was fear of reputation. She couldn't even dare challenge her to a surrender challenge- surrendering would be too big of a blow in reputation on her part. It might have been worse than death.

The other people were some rather peculiar characters as well. The boy talking was wearing some sparkly outfit, and she overheard them talking about comfortable armor material before she walked in. Armor wasn't supposed to be comfortable. It was supposed to build a wall between the blade and the flesh. Then he asked a silly question- No one knew when they forced a match, and every one was too afraid to challenge others most of the time. If he didn't want to die or kill some one, she would recommend he start a surrender challenge. But, of course, she hated interrupting conversations, so she made no comment.

When Jeanne answered him Sepheroth stepped in and sat on a bench, then continued to survey the other people in the room. An alien looking thing, a red lady.. the alien looking thing started speaking. She didn't think the question was aimed at any one in particular. "Yes, that is true. You will be offered freedom after 10 wins." She answered plainly.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
Cryo nodded, and stood up, he went to look around, he hoped all of his match's would be submission ones he didn't want to kill anyone that didn't deserve it, His attention was caught as a man yelled, and ran to a corner Cryo walked up to him, " Go Away!!!" He yelled at Cryo, He just walked up and touched the mans shoulder healing it, He then walk over to the creature that cause the damage to the man, " I'm new just as you are... but one of the rules here is no fighting with in these walls.." He walked away not caring whether the creature was gonna talk to him or not, He was getting antsy now, He walked back to the table and sat down he noticed the heavily armored girl come into the room and answered the creatures question.
User Image

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

Hearing the man yelp. Jeanne twirled around, her eyes locking on the man in the strange armor. The friendly expression faded from her face and she moved quickly towards the man. "I don't care where you came from and what your customs are, but down here you do not draw blood. You have a problem with someone take it up to the ring, but I will not have any deaths in my bloodworks! Do I make myself clear?" Jeanne growled harshly, speaking to the man like an officer would speak to an insubordinate soldier.

They already had to fight each other in the ring they didn't need to start jumping at each other's throat. She stared to where it seemed like the man's eyes would be. Slowly turning away from him, Jeanne saw that Sepheroth had emerged from the living quarters. Why would she turn down freedom? Was she bidding her time until she challenged Jeanne herself? It did seem like she enjoyed the fighting and bloodsport of it all. "Thank you for explaining it to him, I don't want to see him anymore." Jeanne said quietly, keeping her back to the man, still angered about the hold incident.

The iron gate that lead to the upper floors creaked opened and a fat, well dressed man trotted in. This was the Gamesmaster, the announcer for the Arena. "Listen up dogs! We have a special match ready for this morning. The Champion has been challenged, the savage orc from the north, Bloodbreath has challenge The Steel Rose to the death. Combatants, be ready for battle in thirty minutes!" The bloated man shouted before returning back upstairs.

Jeanne's gritted her teeth. She was not in the mood for this right now. That stupid orc hard barely recovered from a battle two weeks prior and he wanted to jump in the ring with her. She wanted to scream, wanted to break something. Why were these challengers so foolish to throw their lives away.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

As Adonis peered out of the window, his eyes began to illuminate in an amber aura. Peering into the Spirit World, Adonis had a 360 degree view of his surroundings, seeing all of the so called gladiators that stood behind him. He could also see where the guards were heading after they had dropped him off. There were people scattered all throughout the stronghold everyone was held in. People both in floors above and below him. When looking through the spirit world, Adonis couldn't see inanimate objects unless someone else's aura resonated on it, but Adonis was skillful enough with his ability to be able to perceive different objects in his surroundings. Still his ability isn't perfect.

Adonis could clearly see Gerik coming towards him when looking into the Spirit World and wasn't surprised when he grabbed his chains. Unfortunately, Adonis did not want to be helped. He ripped the chains away from Gerik's loose grip and just glared at him with his amber eyes which were still illuminated. Most men who were unfamiliar with the Gerudo would be intimidated from the sight, but Adonis doubt Gerik would back down. "You break these and they will think that I tried to escape again." Adonis said in a condescending tone. It made Adonis a bit uncomfortable to be looking up at someone. He stood at 6"0 and weighed 160 pounds. It was rare that he had to look up at someone and saw it as a threat. "Thanks, but I'll let you know when I need help." he said as he went to look back outside the iron bars.

Adonis could hear the conversation going on between Jeanne and Cryo. They both seemed to be very important to the societies they came from just like himself, but he thought all their talk about liberating the area was stupid and childish. He had no plans to free anyone else in here except himself. His attention was caught when he saw Kai-O stab a man in the shoulder and the man shout out in pain. His eyes no longer illuminated, Adonis saw the man walk away and Kai-O walk towards Jeanne to ask a question. -If he tries that on me, I will strangle him with these very chains that bind me. I swear to god..- Adonis thought as he showed no emotion to the scene. A woman armored in black confirmed to Kai-O that if each of them had 10 wins that they would be freed. Unfortunately for the owners and the audience, Adonis hoped to be long gone and freed way before then.

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
    Gerik
    Sternheart

Odor Sanguinis, Animus Vox.

Gerik was still waiting for Adonis to move into a position where the burly man's greatsword could hew right through the chains, but before the Gerudo could do so, Kai-O got up and about, talking in the same manner as a score of men before him. A lesser fighter than Gerik might have snorted and sneered and written Kai-O off as the same, but Gerik was of the philosophy that only matching blades allowed you to judge a person.

He opened his mouth to answer the oddly-armoured fellow, but Cryo spoke first and Gerik clamped his jaw shut. He decided to let Jenna deal with the casually violent outsider and tugged on Adonis' manacles again, gently. Once more, his attempt to free Adonis was cut off, this time by Sepheroth's entrance.

"Sepheroth." Gerik rumbled, his deep tone reminiscent of a bear daring another to infringe upon its territory, just a little more. He had gone up against the halfblood before, and while he had been soundly defeated and forced to admit so, he still begrudged her his outright respect. Gerik turned his head back to Adonis, his hand clamped tight on the hilt of his greatsword. However, it seemed the Gerudo had no intention of taking the mountainous man's help. Gerik had no intention of forcing him to, and so simply stepped away and returned to his table. He had barely seated himself and picked up his strop when the Gamesmaster entered. Gerik made no attempt to hide the contemptuous sneer that rippled across his craggy face and highlighted his pale scars. He was physically repulsed by the blubber that stretched the man's finery to the limit of its seams, and was convinced his gilded buttons were about to pop off.

What with the way the day had gone so far, Gerik had fully expected to be matched up against one of the new bloods, but it seemed there were other plans. This time, Gerik didn't hide his snort as the Gamesmaster waddled out.

"Bloodbreath!" Gerik said, as if that explained everything, as he flashed Jenna a look. As he had expected, she looked as weary as ever, though it didn't compromise the authoritative aura she exuded.

Ferus Vivere.

User Image

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
((Hey everyone, I made an OOC thread, Link here! ))

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
Cryo remained sitting at the table as Jeanne let the creature have an earful he chuckled when she said she didn't want to see him anymore, As the official came in and told them about Jeanne's battle. He looked at her, " Well it would seem you get to add another Tally to your wins." He tuned into the table and put his head down he was tired, and wanted to sleep a bit before he fought whenever that was gonna be. As he drifted into unconsciousness his wife's face came into view, and his body trembled a bit.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces