Welcome to Gaia! ::

Certain events have freed you, what will you do as the forces of the Arena hunt you down?

Run, and never stop running 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Hide and hope they can't find me 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Fight alone, and take as many of those bastards with you as possible 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Band together with your previous competition and fight back 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Die 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join them, having employers with seemingly bottomless pockets and influence has its perks 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Poll whore/no opinion 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
IDK I only came here to be a gladiator! 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 >

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth sat down in a chair at the table Jeanne had guided her to, then rested her head on her arms. She overheard Jeanne talk about the showers, and realized she needed one, badly. But she might need help taking one, and she definitely wouldn't ask that of any one, so she just decided to rest for a bit. Her eyelids felt heavy, and she caught herself closing her eyes often. She put her head back up and propped it on her hand so she wouldn't fall asleep, in case anything happened, or so when it was time to eat, She noticed both Cygh and the younger one had gotten towels. Looking at the trail of blood on the floor, and considering there was more outside, they would maybe need more towels than that.

Why did blood have to be such a vibrant color? Couldn't it be white, something that would just make things look like a bad paint job? Seph wondered, her mind flooded with useless thoughts.

GO

10,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
((I don't know, but I hope he hasn't quit without doing something first, especially with him having 2 characters and all.))

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
(( I'm here. Just sort of stuck on what to post is all...so I was going to wait until Adonis' fight was over. sweatdrop ))

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
((There is an OOC thread, guys.))

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

Adonis could only shake his head as another person also came in to help out Sepheroth. It was true. If they didn't help, Sepheroth would probably be dead. But Adonis would not lose any sleep over it. He was in survival mode, only doing things and helping for his own benefit. Looking at Cygh Adonis continued to shake his head. He wasn't sure about letting him, or anyone else for that matter, in on his escape plan. He could already see them trying to make a get away and having Cygh slowing them down to help someone out in need. It would take a colder heart in order to survive in a barbaric place like this.

He watched as Sepheroth was helped over to the very table that he sat at. Adonis just sat there with his hands folded on the table, observing her as she sat and put her head down. Spade had just returned with towels to wipe up all the blood. -Kids these days.- he thought. Looking to Sepheroth, Adonis figured he'd break the ice since neither of them acknowledged each other's presence. "Seems like whoever you fought got you good. How do they look?" he asked in a plain tone.

((Don't wait on me to fight. Adonis will fight eventually. I'm just working my way into it.))

GO

10,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

Spade Tavana

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."
Mood: Tired

Health/Status: Green;Hungry

Theme(s): Balcony/Hitohira/Apotheosis

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

Looking over to Cygh, he picked up a towel and threw one over to him, but due to the towel's shape and size, it spread itself out mid-flight and landed on Cygh's head. "Oh, sorry." Spade said as he then walked over to Cygh and took the towel off his head, this time placing it into his bloodied palms. After all the commotion, Spade then took a seat at the table with Sepheroth, Jeanne, and Adonis, who had just started to talk to Sepheroth. He just laid back in his seat somewhat and stared blankly at the ceiling, before his stomach growled quite loudly, reminding him that he hadn't eaten anything the whole day. He then remembered Pontius telling him that Jeanne was essentially the leader, so he looked over to her and asked "Excuse me, but when will there be food?"

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

Jeanne did her best to soak up the blood with the towels, knowing that pools of blood left unattended only brought sickness and disease. With most of it cleaned up, she took the now blood soaked towels and threw them away. The young man then asked her when food was to be served. Before she even had the chance to answer, a annoyed and rather dispassionate worker opened the door to the upper floors and wheeled in two large carts carrying assorted dried meats, hard crusty bread, and bruised and over ripe fruit. It wasn't the feast of kings, but it was food, it was energy for the gladiators.

"I think that answers your question my friend. I do not know you. I am Jeanne, and your name my friend?" the Champion stated, waiting for the worker to place the carts at the end of the room and leave before making her way over to it. She picked up some dried beef and pork, and some pieces of bread and brought them over to the table. "Here Sepheroth, you need to keep your strength up." she suggested, giving most of the food she had collected to the woman. Jeanne rarely ate much, eating just enough to satisfy her needs. Sitting down, she took a bite of the hard, dry, unseasoned meat while watched the room slowly fill up as combatants arrived to partake of the food.

I will break the world if I must.

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth felt bad that Jeanne was being so generous and nice, and she was just sitting there doing nothing. But she felt so out of it and weak. She took the food and noticed she was still shaking, pretty bad. She brought it up to take a bite, but she felt she didn't have much of an appetite. She knew she needed the energy, however. She was just staring at her bread when Adonis called something out to her. "Yea.. And he looked.." she looked away uncomfortably. All she could remember was he was absolutely dashing, possibly the most handsome man she had ever seen- stupid trance, manipulating her mind. "I don't want to think about what he looked like. Just some normal guy. All I care about is that he's unidentifiable now.." she thought back on what she had done to him. God, she was horrible. No, no, she had to kill him.. her mind was at war with itself. She would do anything to just not talk about it.

She then looked over from Adonis to Jeanne. "You can call me Seph, I mean, if you like.." she muttered. "I personally think it sounds better.. but.. yea." her voice got quieter the more she spoke. She wanted to say something to Jeanne, but she really didn't know what or how to express her gratitude. Honestly, she had just observed Jeanne's fights and occasionally said hi, or happened to be a part of a conversation she was in. She really hadn't every associated with Jeanne much, and she probably considered her the person she knew the most in the arena. Realizing this made her a bit depressed.

She then hesitantly took a small bite of the bread- the texture was simply awful and the taste barely stood out over the taste of her own saliva. The sound it made when you chewed sounded like it was breaking all of your teeth, and it may as well have been from how stale and hard to chew it was. Good old arena food.

Greedy Prophet

User ImageCygh Queenshadow

Cygh stood there surprised, it was a little thing, but he didn't react fast enough to catch the towel. Looking to the man who tossed it at him with a skeptical, observant look. Maybe he was just having one of those days and... then someone mentioned food. It suddenly all became clear; his last meal was a dinner. Spotting the carts coming in, and eying them suspiciously.

"Hmn... If I'm not shaking with hunger, it must of just been a single day since..."

That, and he realized his face hadn't become scruffy, he'd really have to see if there was anything he could use to shave when it came to it. Thinking about all this, so deep in thought as he wiped his hands and arms best he could, and disposed of the towel as Jeane did. Now... he had to think for a moment, he really did feel like an outsider to these people... was it okay to join them at meal time?

Well, it was worth a shot, besides, if this woman Seph needed him again, he'd be right there. He went over to a cart and snagged himself the least awful looking bread and fruit he could. Snagging a only a small bit of the meat, and heading towards the table where everyone was seated. Picking out a chair, and nodding to Adonis since he returned.

"Ah, you two caught my name right?", The white dressed knight asked, "I'm Cygh, a Paladin."

Biting into his bread, and making an expression of horror and suspicion. He didn't know bread could be tougher then meat...

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

Adonis was slightly surprised to hear that Sepheroth didn't want to talk about her fight. She was either sane and humane for not wanting to talk about her murdering another person, or so crazy that she couldn't even put into words what she actually did. Judging by her intimidating armor, Adonis figured it was the second. "Okay." Adonis said simply as he looked to see the food coming to the table. He looked to Cygh to see him introduce himself as a Paladin.

He was obviously proud of his title and Adonis was very much proud of his own too. Perhaps too proud due to the fact that he didn't want anyone to know his name. He hadn't outright told anyone just yet. It still seemed really off to try and get aquainted to someone you were destined to kill. Rather than get food, Adonis decided to have a drink of water to replenish his lost energy.

GO

10,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

Spade Tavana

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."
Mood: Tired

Health/Status: Green;Hungry

Theme(s): Balcony/Hitohira/Apotheosis

As Jeanne was about to say something, a man suddenly burst in with two rather large crates of food, with dried meats, breads, and fruit. Before the man completely even left the room, Spade acted on impulse and hunger and, quite literally, jumped right into one of the crates, leaving behind a small aftermath of bread and fruit on the ground. Soon popping his head back out, his mouth somewhat stuffed with dried meat, Jeanne had then said asked who he was. Turning to face the direction of her voice, he responded, mouth filled, "Oh, I'm Shpade. Niche to meesh you.", before swallowing most of the meet he had and climbing out the basket. Only taking some meat with him, Spade walked back over to the table and dropped it out unto the table. Despite the meat being a bit thick, Spade ripped into it with ease, having had tougher meat, ripping and swallowing it. Haven't had meat in forever! Reminds me of when I was living in...the veldt, is what they called it. he thought, remembering when he was still a feral child, living with animals, going by their lifestyles. Looking to now, he then quietly laughed to himself, seeing as how he hadn't really changed too much from then, retaining most of what he was like.
After switching to biting into what might have been a rather plump plum earlier in time, he looked over to Cygh and responded to what he said, his mouth not as full as before: "You never told me your name, but I heard Jeanne call you when that woman, who I'm guessing is named Sepheroth, stumbled in." He then asked the Paladin, "Earlier, how did you do what you did? When your hands glowed and healed Sepheroth's injury? curious as to how he could pull that off. From most of his traveling, Spade could understand that it required a rather large sum of your own energy, but didn't quite get to how transferring it worked.

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pontius Aurelius

The Legate

User Image

Pontius wandered over to the cart, filled with an assortment of food that really didn't look like something truly fit for human consumption. It looked like something a lowly slave would eat...but then Pontius rememberred something key. Thats what these gladiators were to the people running the show...slaves. The legate raised an eyebrow...but decided not to complain. At least they were being fed. The Legate took some of the fruit, and some bread. He looked at the meat for a moment...but decided to grab some as well. Then, he walked over to a smaller table. He didn't know if he'd be able to stomach this food...and he would prefer not to lose it in front of everyone.

Pontius breathed on an apple, wiping it with the side of his arm...it felt...soft. The legate slowly raised it to his mouth before taking a rather large bite and swallowing. Immediately, as he did so, Pontius was forced to stand, rushing to a bucket, where the contents of his stomach emptied themselves out. "AH! By Juno's mercy..." he mumbled as he breathed heavily. Years of eating good food and having it at least semi-well prepared had definitely made the Legate's stomach sensative. He grabbed for his flask, holding it above his mouth before waterfalling the contents in and swallowing them. "To be defeated by food..." he mumbled once more.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

Jeanne nodded to Spade as he introduced himself with a mouth full of food. He was certainly a character, having leaped into the cart as soon as it was placed. The knight couldn't imagine being like that, having always been a serious and focused individual. She continued to quietly eat the food she had picked out, watching the others react to the food she had grown accustom too in the last years of her life. The champion couldn't stop herself from letting out a small giggle as she watched Pontius rush to meet his dinner once again. Seemed like he had grown accustom to eating the finest foods of the lands he conquered.

Jeanne remembered when she thought herself above her men. When she would dine on hot full course meals while her soldiers rationed bread and dried fish. Near the end of her career though, she realized how foolish it was to do so. The last campaign she was in, she ate what the men ate, many times giving them her share so they would have full stomachs, instead of letting die hungry. War had a way of changing people, and it was never predictable. Many people came back from war better, but others were damaged for life, scarred by the atrocities that man commits on himself. Shaking the thought out her head, Jeanne continued to eat quietly, once again observing those around her.

I will break the world if I must.

Greedy Prophet

User ImageCygh Queenshadow

"Me?"

Cygh felt he should point at himself and clarify if Spade was actually talking to him. Once it became clear, he nodded his head to show he understood, and thought carefully how to phrase it. After all, he didn't want to say to much, get something wrong or otherwise become confusing.

"It's a healing magic taught to Paladins and Clerics, normally you'd have to join one of the schools and become a Paladin or Cleric to learn it. There are some other requirements to use it, too. It just closes wounds and keeps you from dying for the most part."

He left it at that, since he could explain it later if Spade seemed up to learning the art. Having multiple healers about here might be handy; he'd already seen first hand how much care was given to the living gladiators after the matches. Smiling at Seph and Jeane for a moment, before thoughtfully gnawing into his bread. Realizing something, he turned to smile back at the young man.

"Oh! I forgot my manners, nice to meet you, Spade."

Spotting someone else behind Spade finding a bucket, he cast a hesitant glance back at the bread.

"I really think I should of learned some food purifying spells now..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces