Welcome to Gaia! ::

Certain events have freed you, what will you do as the forces of the Arena hunt you down?

Run, and never stop running 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Hide and hope they can't find me 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Fight alone, and take as many of those bastards with you as possible 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Band together with your previous competition and fight back 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Die 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join them, having employers with seemingly bottomless pockets and influence has its perks 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Poll whore/no opinion 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
IDK I only came here to be a gladiator! 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

Adonis just shook his head at Cygh's response. "Are you serious? Do you really believe that?" Adonis said as he leaned back in his seat. "We are at the mercy to whomever is keeping us here is They could do whatever they want to us. We are here to fight to the death! Don't you get it?!" He said as he raised his voice, unable to keep in his excitement for the moment. Adonis took a deep breath to calm himself down. "Look...I'm not trying to stay here to intertain these worthless people with a stupid c**k fight." he said in a lower tone. "You don't wanna stay here and wait to get stomped on by some guy ten times bigger than you right? I sure don't." Adonis didn't want to be too hasty in telling people that he was trying to escape, but at the same time he wouldn't be able to pull it off until he had people to follow him.

Greedy Prophet

User ImageCygh Queenshadow

Cygh leaned back when the man had such a strong response, and felt he understood what was going through his mind. He had a lot to live for, but not a lot to die for. This person... hated the feeling of being contained most likely. Which... some how made Cygh feel better, maybe it was something petty like knowing he wasn't the only one afraid, or maybe it was because he was supposed to be a calm figure for people to look to. So he tried to play mediator and assistant, even if that was his worst set of skills.

"Yes, I understand we're at another's whim, but... they have an intention or plan, and won't needlessly break it. As well, no matter what they cannot control what we think or do, so long as we keep control of ourselves. Yet I... also wouldn't mind an escape if it were possible. However, it would require nearly everyone, a plan, and a contact with the outside."

More cautious glances, and the uneasy wringing of his hands. He was pretty sure this conversation could get him marked to be killed. Closing his eyes, he thought about the question at hand, and wondered about something. A few people outright recognized him for what he was and confronted him about it, easily, but this man didn't seem to.

"Umm... I know this sounds off-topic but, do you recognize my white uniform, by chance?"

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Adonis just narrowed his eyes when Cygh asked if Adonis knew what Cygh's clothes represented. "Am I supposed to know? All I see are clothes that are easily gonna turn black by the end of the day." Adonis said as he kept eye contact with Cygh with a slightly confused look. "Stay on topic will ya. And quit fidgeting its making me nervous." Adonis said finallying calling Cygh out on it. Adonis would rather be direct rather than beat around the bush in this situation. "Everything you're talkin about..It sounds like you want there to be a deeper meaning for you to be here. I'm sure all of us here are special in some type of way, and it seems like they just want to exploit that in a fight. Its live or die here." he replied.

Adonis wiped his face feeling his head begin to get warm as he thought and calculated all the different things he needed in order to escape. "All that stuff you're talkin' about to escape from here isn't necessary." He rose his head to look back at Cygh. "What makes you even say that? Require nearly everyone..Contact with the outside. Do you even know how many people are here? You must be new at these kinds of things."

Enduring Friend

User Image
User Image

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I'm just a girl looking for a little purpose.

█████████ ██████████ ██████████ ████████████

Andariel - The Hellgrinder
                                                          "Food food food food food..."

Andariel sighed. She had been hoping that her desire for confectionaries would be me with a tad more sympathy, but they had an important question. Unfortunately she wasn't sure how well she could answer,
                                                          "Suffice to say, you'll probably know him when you see him... Being that he's a shape-changer, I don't really have the luxury of giving you a proper description." Picking herself up off the table, the Nephilim sighed, shaking her head, "Sorry, I am rather useless, aren't I?" What Jeanne said... The thought of someone willing to put their life on the line for her, not out of fear or compulsion, but because they wanted to, because they cared about her... It was an entirely new concept. She almost started crying again, but stopped. She had cried enough. Instead, the woman cleared her throat, somewhat forcefully.

"Anyway, I suppose if we're to have a code of some sort... Grimsbane. That will be the first code. We'll switch off every so often. Jeanne will make the next code, then Gerik. And I suppose since Pontius is in on this, he'll come after Gerik." She nodded to herself like Gerik had done before, as if stoically agreeing with the plan. Then Dari chuckled girlishly,
                                                          "Maybe not the wisest of all plans, but I never claimed wisdom." She said, rapping herself on the forehead with a knuckle. And as they got up to leave, she seemed to space for a moment,

"I wonder if I can finagle a proper meal out of our sponsors for tonight... For everyone..."

o o c ;;;

Behind those eyes lies the truth and grief, behind those beautiful smiles I've seen tragedy...
                                                                              The flawless skin hides the secrets within, silent forces that secretly ignite your sins...

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

The code word was a genius idea. She halted at the doorway one final time and turned around, sighing in annoyance that Pontius was now in their "safe" group. "Agreed, and the word of the day shall only be know to us four until we determine someone else is not this man." she added, knowing her fair share of codes and ciphers from her days in the army. Even simple code could be unbreakable if those using the codes were cautious with them. With that said, she turned back to the door and stepped out, closing the door behind her. She knew that Andariel probably needed more comfort, but Jeanne knew she couldn't help her anymore. The best thing she could do was to get back into the common room and begin to assess who this blast from the past could be.

With the steady click of her boots on the stone floor, Jeanne made her way to a table near the corner of the room. From there she could watch and observe all who entered the common room. At the same time, she took the time now to examine her sword. She had put it through a lot of stress when she killed Bloodbreath earlier that day, and she needed to make sure it was still battle ready. Numerous nicks and scratched marred the silver blade, but the point was still sharp and ready to slide through most foes like butter. The fittings and the straps of her armor were still good. She then felt a rumble in her stomach. In the chaos of the day, she had neglected to eat anything. Even still, she didn't feel like eating. The staff of the arena would be bringing dinner down soon, and then almost all the fighters would be in the common room. It would be the perfect time to scout out for this acquaintance of Andariel's.

I will break the world if I must.

Greedy Prophet

"Ah. I see."

The Paladin had learned something then and there. The people of this Arena really did get some amazing fighters from the furthest reaches of the land. Adonis' complexion and hair color weren't unheard of where he came from, but Paladins were unheard of to him.

"I'm part of the Paladins, you see, we're sort of like a... guild or organization of healers and fighters. It's a complicated explanation, but organization is sort of a strong point, so when someone goes missing... searches kinda, happen. You know?"

He motioned for Adonis to hush when the door to the training area opened, and out the first few of a recognizable group came out. Jeane among the first, and while he knew she was a kind person, he wasn't sure what she'd stake for survival of herself, or those closest to her. If guards caught wind of an escape plan brewing... she might be quick to direct attention away from her. He caught himself staring while he thought, and turned back to Adonis, smiling best he could.

"I'm really sorry about the fidgeting, honestly, I'm terrified. I'm... struggling to figure out what is the best course of action. And... yes, I am new to the Arena, I don't know everyone, and I certainly don't know the people running this awful operation."

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth started dragging herself along the wall, a trail of blood following her feet and her side. Tears fell down her face, salty tears replacing the flavor of blood in her mouth. She didn't even realize she was on a door until her arm bumped into the handle. Any door was good enough, she honestly didn't care any more. She reached her free arm out- it was trembling. Was she really in this bad of a condition? Maybe she didn't want to be seen by any one.. But if she hid, she would definitely die. She fiddled with the handle for a bit, the blood making it slick and hard to grasp on to. She swung it open and collapsed in the room, shaking on her hands and knees. She knew she looked pathetic, and was really tempted to just hide and bleed to death instead of humiliate herself.

She turned around and grabbed the door handle, pushing herself back up with it. She then turned around and scanned the room. The commons- it wasn't dinner, so no one would be in there, but she noticed Jeanne sitting in the corner, and rushed a bit forward, stopping herself when she almost fell again. "Jeanne..! Jeanne.. I was.. s-sworded.. stabbed in the stomach. I'm really confused.." she managed to mumble, not even sure if Jeanne had heard her. She didn't know what to consider Jeanne- a friend, an acquaintance, maybe just another gladiator she knew, but she hoped, even if Jeanne hated her guts, she would have enough consideration to try to help her.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

The Champion was lost in thought, playing over the events of the day in her mind when a voice called her name. Jumping slightly she looked up to see Sepheroth limping towards her, bleeding severely. Before she could even say anything, instinct kicked in. The scared and confused expression on the gladiator's face reminded her of her own wounded soldiers, the soldiers she let die, that she killed. She would not let this woman join them. She jumped up and rushed over to Sepheroth, quickly taking the injured fighter into her arms and laying her on the floor. "Just relax, I'm not going to let you die after earning your victory." Jeanne said firmly, ripping off her gauntlets and tearing some of her sleeve cloth to cover the wound with.

Pressing the cloth against the wound, Jeanne continued to assess Sepheroth's condition. She wasn't a doctor, and certainly no healer. In only Jeanne's hands, this woman was going to die. "Paladin! Cygh come quick! she yelled out, not knowing if he would hear her or not. "Don't you give up Sepheroth. No gladiator of mine is going to die down here in the bloodworks." the woman demanded. It was strange, but she did think of them as her soldiers. As much as she did enjoy watching them fight, she was always sad to see one die, or to have to kill one herself, and it was this feeling that had grown in her over the last few years that drove her to continue planning for the day that they all would be free. She just needed more information. "Paladin, I need you here now!" she called out as the white squares of the cloth turned crimson.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Adonis listened to Cygh's brief explanation of what Paladin's were and just smiled while shaking his head. "So what. You don't think there's people out here looking for me too? Think man just think. If they got you the same way they got me, or the same way they got any of these veterans out here that have been here way longer than we have, and haven't found them yet, what makes you think that either me or you is gonna be found? Don't count on getting any type of help, call, contact, message. Nothin'. Its just us and whatever's in here. Got it?" Adonis tried to explain so that they could be on the same page. Adonis had also figured that he would have had one of this tribesmen astrally project to his location by now, but that wasn't the case. It was like they were stranded on an island with no help around for miles.

"Do people here know you for who you are? Because if they do they are gonna expect you to work for them and help them." In just that moment, Adonis saw Sepheroth limp by in an attempt to get Jeanne's help. Jeanne had called over for Cygh to come over and help. Adonis didn't think twice about getting up to help. He also had healing capabilities, but none of them knew that. For all they knew, he had no medical knowledge what so ever which meant he could do more hurt than good when it came to helping someone injured. Adonis wanted to keep it that way in order to maintain a low profile. Adonis looked back towards Cygh and smiled. "See what I mean."

Seeing Sepheroth come back injured like this did tell Adonis alot. Not only did they have to win their match and stay alive, but they couldn't afford to get hurt at all. Getting hurt meant depending on your fellow gladiators to help you, the same gladiators that could end up killing you in your next match. Adonis could not leave anything at all to chance in his next match.

Greedy Prophet

"Right away! I'm really sorry about this sir, but I entirely disagre- argh!"

Cygh just climbed out of his seat, forcing out his reply as quickly as his words would allow. Stumbling and knocking over another chair, causing him to shut up and just run over to where he was needed. Quickly after jumping over another table just to get to the injured party. He scrambled over to Jeane's side, and got onto one knee in an instant. He looked at the injured woman, Sepheroth, and recognized her from the brief bit he saw at the start of her match. Remembering her opponent and glad to see who had left the Arena. Cygh rolled back his sleeves and placed his hands down on the cloth, helping Jeane stop the bleeding and putting pressure on the wound.

He looked at the wound, as if he were looking past the cloth and skin itself. Thick brows furrowed in concentration. Biting his lip and concentrating on the magic he needed. First, a soothing feeling should occur around the wound, then numbing, and then a light pinch of skin being pulled together and being told to regrow itself. The inner injuries required more delicate work, and that started soon as the bleeding stopped. Veins knit together, and the flow of blood was corrected, and any The magic gently emitting it's telltale holy aura, and a warm feeling, like there was a cozy fireplace nearby.

"I can only do this once a day; I'm not that specialized or trained in healing, but you're lucky I actually know something other then the non-magic healing."

He smiled while he talked, trying to sound light-hearted as he wasn't.

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
She felt relieved, thankful, and much better. She had already lost a lot of blood however, and his healing didn't magically make that blood reappear. She felt weak, and had turned pale. She was still trembling a bit. "Thank you," she said softly. "Thank you both." she leaned her head back and noticed the trail of blood leading to her, then looked down at herself to see she was completely soaked in red. What did she expect? She would've gotten up, but she felt quite comfortable just laying on the floor, even if she was soaking in her own blood. She had a warm fuzzy feeling. Her facial expression was a bit blank, even though tears continued to fall. It wasn't due to pain, or the shock of almost dying, just.. 24 hours of the trance, and gratefulness. Some sad tears, some out of thoughtfulness. Her plain face didn't express much, so what she couldn't do she hoped her tears communicated well enough.

She had been staring at the ceiling, but the two faces looking down at her focused in and she realized she needed to get back into the real world. "Can you help me up?" she asked weakly.

GO

10,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

Spade Tavana

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."
Mood: Tired

Health/Status: Green;Hungry

Theme(s): Balcony/Hitohira/Apotheosis

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

Waiting for Eve to respond, he then heard a door open as it let in a woman, which of who was bleeding heavily from her stomach. Suddenly collapsing to the ground, most likely from excessive blood loss, the knight rushed over to her and called out to the uniformed man, who Spade learned was named Cygh. Now curious, he said to Eve "Hey, I'll be right back." and walked over to the small crowd. Looking over, peering in, he saw that the paladin had began to heal the girl. Though he had heard of it, he had never seen any healing magic in action, and was amazed to see the veins and skin knit themselves back together rapidly, almost as if they had a mind of their own. Once the paladin was done, the woman's skin looked as if the wound was never there to begin with. Quite amazed, Spade walked over to the man and tapped his shoulder, asking him "Excuse me, is there anything I can do to help?", Sounding as friendly as he could, wondering if there even was anything he could do.

OOC: ((Jix was taking waaaay too long, so I took advantage of the event.)

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

Jeanne breathed a sigh of relief as Cygh arrived and began to stitch Sepheroth's wound back together. In her time here, no fighter had lost their lives in the bloodworks and it looked like it would stay that way. She smiled faintly at the paladin and watched him work. "Thank you Cygh, I know you barely know us, but yet you are helping us." the Champion said, grateful for his assistance. When the wound was healed, she pulled her hands off Sepheroth, glad to see the wound closed and good as new. A new voice grabbed Jeanne's attention and she looked about to find it's source. She found a young man asking if he could do anything to help who couldn't be much older than eighteen.

"Yes, go get towels from the showers down that hallway and bring them back. We need to clean this blood up." she suggested, pointing towards the destination. Standing up, she took Sepheroth's hand and lifted her up to her feet carefully. "Lets get you into a chair to rest up." she added, guiding the woman to a table.

((Crappy post is crappy))

GO

10,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

Spade Tavana

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."
Mood: Tired

Health/Status: Green;Hungry

Theme(s): Balcony/Hitohira/Apotheosis

Waiting for the man to respond, he instead heard a different voice respond to his question. Turns out that it was the knight from before, who told him to grab some towels in the showers down the now bloodied hallway. Nodding his head, he then faced toward the hallway and ran to the showers, trying not to slip on blood. Reaching the showers, he looked around for a few seconds before finding them, stacked in the corner. Grabbing almost all of them, he then ran back to the common area, accidentally dropping two towels behind him. Re-entering the room, he walked over to where the knight was and dropped the towels on it, telling her "Here are the towels, knight-person."

Greedy Prophet

Cygh made a shrug, and smiled at the wounded woman, standing up while keeping his bloody hands up and kept from touching anything. He would have to remember to ask her name once all this was cleaned up.

"It's my duty, just... make sure you rest well, as well as you can Miss. And anytime, Jeane. I will heal anyone who needs it."

Standing back as Jeane helped the woman, and nodded to the helpful youth who had offered some to aid them as well. Though he was gone before Cygh knew it, off on his quest for towels. Glancing down the hallway as the door swung shut. Looking at his bloodied hands, which were held awkwardly in front of him, trying to keep from staining everything.

"Wait, we actually get showers here?"

The Paladin said aloud, amazed. Although... if they were just open shower heads that were hand-pumped, he intended to either wake up incredibly early or skip a meal just to wash himself in privacy. His was shaken out of his thoughts as that young man had returned as quickly as he had gone, carrying the towels.

"Ah, can you toss one my way? If I'm going to be tending anyone else... can't go about mixing blood, ya know?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff