Welcome to Gaia! ::

Certain events have freed you, what will you do as the forces of the Arena hunt you down?

Run, and never stop running 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Hide and hope they can't find me 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Fight alone, and take as many of those bastards with you as possible 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Band together with your previous competition and fight back 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Die 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Join them, having employers with seemingly bottomless pockets and influence has its perks 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Poll whore/no opinion 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
IDK I only came here to be a gladiator! 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 > >>

Enduring Friend

User Image
User Image

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I'm just a girl looking for a little purpose.

█████████ ██████████ ██████████ ████████████

Andariel - The Hellgrinder
                                                          "What I am, what I want to be... Being immortal is such a pain in the a**."

But if the northman was impressed with the simple spinning of the blade, he didn't show it. Andariel had to give the man credit, it wasn't false bravado. He faced her without fear.

Suddenly, with a flick of her wrist, Andariel's blade went streaking at him, straighter than an arrow in flight, the chain whipping behind it. Wolfborn certainly had enough clearance to dodge it, but in doing so, he had to take his eyes off her. And even in doing so for just a moment, he had sealed his fate.
                                                          He turned to evade, but was interrupted by the sight of her smiling face, right in his own. Holding to his side, Dari lifted her left leg behind his right and threw her right hand up to take hold of his face. The Nephilim pushed, sending him seesawing over her knee and into the ground. Reaching up with her left, the woman plucked her greatsword from the air as it was about to pass.

The crowd whooped as Fenris ate sand.

Andariel turned away from him, flourishing her monstrous blade as if it were no more than a rapier,
                                                          "Sorry friend, have to play the crowd. You know how it is." She said casually. It was not meant to be any sort of boast. This is what the arena was: entertainment in carnage. It was called bloodsport for a reason. Adonis felt her a fool for acting as if this were a game. But, it was a game. And they were all the little pieces. Once, a very long time ago, Dari may have been the chessmaster, but now she was a lowly knight, cursed to move in abstract patterns by the whims of wrinkled old fatcats. Not that she was complaining. She had chosen this fate. She deserved it.

"What are you?" Wolfborn said, trying to make sense of what had just happened, and why she could do that in the first place.

That was the crux of the matter wasn't it? Everyone wanted to know who Andariel the Hellgrinder was,
                                                          "I'm a woman who has everything," She shrugged. Dari didn't sound very sad, just resigned, "And nothing." She turned back to him with an eyebrow raised, "Now are you gonna get up and face me like a man, or are you gonna sit in the dirt and mewl like a kid that just tripped on a rock!?" She barked authoritatively.

Galvanized into action, the northman sprung up from his sandy seat, sword and axe in hand, and flung himself at her,
                                                          "That's more like it!" The woman yelled, parrying his strikes, matching her strength to his.

o o c ;;; Sorry for the infrequency of my posts, I'm actually really tired, and I'm finding it hard to focus...

Behind those eyes lies the truth and grief, behind those beautiful smiles I've seen tragedy...
                                                                              The flawless skin hides the secrets within, silent forces that secretly ignite your sins...

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
    Gerik
    Ostvensson
    Sternheart

Odor Sanguinis, Animus Vox.

The muscle-mountain stood fifteen paces away from the archery target, the horn longbow once more in his hands. The sinew bowstring was drawn as far back as Gerik could pull it without snapping the horn, so the weapon was bent almost double. Gerik's corded arms swelled, his fingers trembled from the strain. A goose-feather arrow was nocked on the sinew, the shaft looking comically thin when compared to Gerik's barrel chest. A bead of sweat ran down Gerik's cheek, over a puckered white scar, and into his wiry beard. The skin under his right eyelid twitched as he ignored the ticklish sensation, and his chest suddenly expanded as he took a deep breath in. He had fired arrows quickly at first, not caring where they landed, but he had begun to take his time with his shots, to test his endurance. Contratry to popular belief, it took a lot of strength and energy to hold a bowstring drawn, even for short periods. And the bow Gerik was using was both large and heavy. The limbs were almost as long as his whole body. The anger had mostly left him, but there was a tautness in his expression that betrayed him.

Then Sepheroth showed up, and the sound of her voice was such a surprise that Gerik released the arrow on instinct. It buzzed through the air and buried itself in the painted straw that maked the outermost ring on the target. After a moment's pause, a low growl rose fromy Gerik's throat and he turned on the woman who'd interrupted him, his face a mask of barely-restrained rage. His meaty hand clutched so tightly at the bow that the horn groaned, threatening to break. After the growl subsided, Gerik tore his gaze away from Sepheroth and heaved in another breath. Sepheroth could probably hear him grind his teeth from where she stood.

"New blood aggravated Jeanne right after her fight." Gerik grunted, making an effort to compose himself. He clamped his jaw shut and drew another arrow, and nocked it. "She killed Bloodbreath. The damn fool kept talking about how his empire was so great because they conquered whole nations. Told some story about how he let his comrades violate a young girl, just 'cause he knew his duty." A vein in the ex-guardsman's neck pulsed and he drew the string back, another arrow joining the first in the straw target. Gerik turned to Sepheroth again and shook his head like a bear trying to get rid of persistent flies.

"I challenged him to a fight to shut him up. Better than him fighting Jeanne, neither of them need that." He muttered into his beard, pulling at it with impotent irritation. After a moment, he looked Sepheroth in the eyes and shrugged his massive shoulders. "Sorry for getting short with you...heh. Tall as I am, I can still be short." He said, then chuckled ruefully.

When Cryo appeared and apologised, Gerik laughed his booming laugh and shook his head.

"No need to worry. It wasn't a waste - I drank it! And like I said, it's not really mine." He said, as he placed a third arrow on the string of his longbow.

Ferus Vivere.

User Image

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Adonis, The Lowly Sand Monkey~

"Exactly what I thought. And exactly what I hope to avoid." Adonis said. "I could imagine that after getting even three or four wins, one would become a superstar. Nine wins would just be far too valuable to lose." Adonis stood up as he watched Andariel make a fool of her opponent. "I'm not too afraid to get into the arena. I trust in my abilities. I can see things most people cannot. He said as his eyes began to glow in an amber aura. "I see that there are alot of people here surpressing a seperate personality, one that posses far more strength than the most dominant personality." He said referring to when Jeanne obliterated Bloodbath with her rapier. "I thought that would be the reason why we were all here in this arena, but I lack that trait and so do several others here. I wonder..." he trailed off as he tried to think. Was there a deeper meaning to this senseless slaughter?

Shirohibiki's Husband

Winner

Sᴇpʜᴇrotʜ BᴇLdᴀvɪɴᴇ
ᴀBᴀddoɴ

User Image
Sepheroth gave him a weak smile. "It's okay. I did come in unannounced. Maybe I should wear a bell around my neck," she joked. Then her mood changed to acknowledge Pontius's behavior. "He's quite the jerk.. or, to be blunt, a huge d**k." she sighed and crossed her arms. "Whatever kingdom this is, I'm glad I wasn't aware he existed in it for at least a while. The last thing I want in here is an enemy, however, so I'll be friendly for now. Beat some sense into him. Don't let him leave that arena until he's put in his place." This would be a battle she couldn't wait to see.

Seph was glad Gerik was in what appeared to be good spirits again. She wouldn't want him going into such a grand battle with a bad mood. Also, his gritting teeth almost shook the house as much as his booming laughter. Out of the two, she would have to prefer the laughter. At least it was a good sign, and there was an awful lot of laughter from a man with such a good humor, so may as well get used to it.

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
User Image
»«

Ʌɭɇҗ Ӈɑωʇђϱɍиə
⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
The Golden Assassin
Theme-Dirt and Roses

Alexander almost fell asleep on the wall when he was suddenly woken up by a jarring sound. As if some on had traveled faster than the speed of sound. A minute or so later, the idiotic Gamesmaster, praised, in a surprised voice, the Steel Rose, the Grand Champion. Jeanne. That woman was full of surprises. And the Golden Assassin did not like surprises. He sat up first and then slowly got up and stretched and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes to go around. He looked up and still saw that the chains where still up the ceiling. He was too lazy to fix that, he just decided that if the idiots cared about it, they would say something, or at least pay someone to eliminate the chains. Maybe they thought it was decorative in that Arena kind of way. Keeping this logic in mind, he charged his fist with energy and punched the closest wall. The first wall had a huge hole in it, and the energy continued to damage the next few walls apparently. Unless they had someone with energy sensing powers, the Gamesmaster and the Officials were never going to know, unless they saw him in the area. Thinking about that, he quickly moved away from the damage he caused.

And he was totally smart to do that, because one of the Officials went to him and put an arm around him. The Golden Assassin's famous liquid gold eyes flared and he glared at the man. The official just laughed and patted Alex's back, "You need to calm down. Which reminds me. You are up next, right after the Battle between the Hellgrinder and that Fenris fellow." The assassin only nodded. It was like getting another job, just without the money, and he had to entertain a crowd that was thirsty for blood. At least his battle was not the first one. He has been there before. The crowd is somehow more demanding, much harder to satisfy, in the first battle than they were in the rest of the battles. The idiot official patted the assassin's back again and walked off. Alexander cursed his he breath and made an energy dagger materialize in the air and he struck the wall with it, and then walked off towards the Arena, the dagger would dissipate after a few seconds, so he was not worried.

He arrived at the Arena at quite the moment. The two fighters, a white haired woman and a monstrous man, fighting quite the battle. The climax of the battle. The audience was going crazy with the equal, energetic battle.

OoC: Alex is up next to battle.... IF I missed something while I was reading, as in a "This character is up next" something, tell me and I will fix in next post or something ^-^. I should murder you guys for giving me a lot to read.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
((Sorry all, bed time for this one. Sleep tight y'all! ))

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
(Night, then.)

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Pontius Aurelius

The Legate

User Image

The young Roman didn't realize exactly what he had done to piss everyone off...but it really didn't matter. He had been challenged. He walked lazily towards Garik. "We will fight in this Arena then. Don't underestimate my skill." he said, giving his opponent a bit of a warning even though he still had a bit of a smile on his face. The Roman had laid waste to many people who were stupid enough to underestimate him. Still...Pontius knew he shouldnt underestimate his opponent either. After all...he had yet to see the man fight. And he already knew that this land was filled with people who had strange and extraordinary abilities.

Pontius sat in the viewing box of the Arena...looking at Andarian's fight. She seemed to be doing well enough...and Pontius began to wonder if he even belonged here with the rest of these fighters. After all...he was a mere man. But then he heard a voice in his head. 'Remember....in all your endeavors...Show no fear...no doubts...and the chains of war will burst in your favor.' The voice said. And pontius began to fear he was going mad...but still...this reassurance...it was nice, considering he was now pretty much alone in this land...not another Roman in sight. It seemed like all these people were bent on being depressed and angry with the world...but Pontius refused to let them bring him down as well.
((OOC: ... Think I need to drop this RP and that sucks because I really like it. But seeing as how Im on nights and on the west coast no one is ever on when I get home from work.))
D

User Image
D stood in the shadows cast by the corridor that lead to the arena seating. He observed the fight silently as his left hand gripped the cold blue gem that hung from a chain around his neck with his left hand. "She's good isn't she D? Almost reminds you of her doesn't it? Called a voice from somewhere around D. "She died a long time ago Hue. That woman's talents and tactics are of a skilled warrior. One who has seen may battles and caused a lot of death. That woman resembles myself as much as she does Sheri." D replied as he lifted his right hand to his face. His palm had a eyes and a mouth. A parasite lived within D a parasite that was unlike anything in the world. This parasite was the cause of D's eternal life. It laughed as D looked at it. "Your bout is next isn't it? Are you going to give these people a show? Or end it quickly?" "I wont put all of the cards on the table if thats what your asking Hue. Only a fool amateur does that. I'll make sure they enjoy the show." "Oh I cant wait to feed on your victims blood. Its been a long time D. Your going to feed me aren't you?" "Yes." D replied before he lowered both his hands and watched the fight.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
He couldn't help but laugh as the giant man laughed, the man always seemed to be in a good mood no matter what, He walked up to him, " I know that i just like the joke... and I'm happy it didn't get waisted... Though I don't know you very well I've grown to respect you.. It may not mean much coming for a new combatant like myself but i thought i'd say it anyways." He smiled but It quickly left him, as he heard the roman's voice again He shot the man a glare but didn't say anything to him, He wouldn't waist anymore words on him. He walked passed the two, and walked up to Sepheroth, He had yet to share words with her, and he liked what she said about the roman.. " A well respected phrase.. Huge d**k..?" He thought for a moment he didn't know whats she really meant, they never used terms like that in his world. " I don't know if it was an insult or not, but it sounded bad, So i thought i'd give you a thumbs up.." He gave a thumbs up, " And introduce myself even though it probably doesn't matter to you, who i am... I am Cryo Solin, may i ask your name..?" He smiled.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Steel Rose

I seek a different freedom.

Jeanne turned her attention back to the fight for a moment to watch Andariel begin to toy with her opponent. It annoyed the knight in her when the strange woman did this, her teachings being to kill weaker opponents quickly so they did not suffer humiliation. Only prideful knights let their opponents clearly see how outmatched they were before dying. Pushing the thoughts out of her head, she returned to her conversation with Adonis.

"My case was special....several warriors have won their freedom since I arrived here. To the best of my knowledge they have not been seen around the arena since. Without going into to much detail here in the open, I was blackmailed so to speak into taking on the title of Grand Champion." Jeanne explained, nearly whispering and watching for any agents of the arena. She had never told anyone that, to afraid of letting anyone know her secrets. Perhaps her little break down earlier had something to do with the sudden looseness of her lips. Turning her attention to his next statement, Jeanne pursed her lips, knowing that she did become a completely different person as she tapped into her power. "Not everyone has some sort of killer inside them like I do. Gerik for example, he is a big lovable oaf. He only hurts people when he needs to. I....however....as you saw can become like a bloodthirsty demon." she answered trailing off. She rubbed her hands together, making it seem like she was trying to wash off dirt or blood that would never come off. In her mind that was the case. Anytime she lost control like that, it made her think of the first time she used that power and how she had spilled so much blood with it.

I will break the world if I must.

ATTENTION: New policy on arranging fights. Make sure you pm me so I can get you into the list of fights. I will try to update it as often as possible and it will be displayed on the first page. The list might be a bit off right now because I lost the one I had created last night.
D

User Image
"Hey you!" A middle aged short angry man called out to D. D turned his head and looked at the rude old man with his dark cold eyes. "Your up next and I'm sure you'll love your opponents. The battlemaster has something special planed for you after the way you spoke to him." The man laughed before turning and disappearing into the dark corridor. "Way to go D. It seems your already making friends." Hue snickered. D clinched his right hand tightly to shut Hue up. A small smirk crossed D's face. It had been a long time since he got exited before a fight. Perhaps it was not knowing what he was fighting that exited him or perhaps it the thought of once again spilling blood. Regardless D folded his arms and closed his eyes smiling to himself as he leaned against the corridor wall.

Enduring Friend

User Image
User Image

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I'm just a girl looking for a little purpose.

█████████ ██████████ ██████████ ████████████

Andariel - The Hellgrinder
                                                          "I hope you don't think I'm weird for saying this, but I think this place is almost a reflection of myself..."

Having matched herself to the mortal's strength, the fight was a little fairer. But to be honest, her blade made it difficult to keep things proper. It may have been easy to wield for her, but it was still big. If she wasn't going to use it to it's full potential, it was pointless as a weapon. The most she could do was casually block his little strokes until finally they just decided to end the farce. Which Andariel did. Almost. With a subtle movement, the woman fell for one of Wolfborn's feints, dropping to guard her underside just a bit too early.
                                                          Whuph, thock! With a meaty smack, the northman's axe was embedded in the Nephilim's forehead. The massive sword dropped with a thump! into the sand as her grip reflexively loosened. The woman staggered backwards, as if trying to keep her balance in her last seconds of life.

Then she stopped, grinning at Fenris. The crowd made its noises once again.

"What are you..?" The hulking man repeated, apparently grumpy that a normally lethal blow seemed less than telling.

"A woman with an axe in her head, what do I look like?" Andariel replied snarkily, tugging at the weapon's haft. The axe came loose from her skull with a hideous sucking noise. Blood and fluid flowed freely from the wound, snaking across her eyebrows and flowing down her nose to her lips, where it dripped to the sand,
                                                          "And now I have a weapon I can use against you without feeling bad." There may have been no fair play in war, but this wasn't war, it was a game. The Nephilim twirled the axe a few times to get a feel for the weapon before leaping into attack.

But something bothered her as they began once again to trade blows. Why was this man here? All these otherwise normal people caught up in this terrible place pitted against monsters like herself. Jeanne's situation was unique. The Champion's "blessing" allowed her to keep toe-to-toe with most, if not all. But this man... Gerik... Pontius... Why? To what point and purpose were they brought here? To die? To be humiliated as humans? What kind of sense did that make?

Sword and axe flashed back and forth, striking, parrying. They tested each other once again, thrusting at odd intervals in hopes of catching the other off guard. Unfortunately, the axe with it's wooden haft was not made for parrying. With every block came a new notch, weakening it, threatening to break it.
                                                          Thinking fast, Andariel hooked the northman's sword under the heel of the axe and twisted, pulling the blade from his grip, and with it came off the head of her weapon. She watched them both sail away, until something massive and covered in black fur hit her hard. The transformation had been almost instantaneous. It seemed Wolfborn was more than just a name.

Andariel fell, raising the bladeless haft just in time to catch Fenris' snapping jaws, which had been about to close over her throat. But just because he had the form of a beast didn't mean he was dumb as one. Using the haft she was holding in his teeth as leverage, the wolf monster began to ravage her torso. Able to die or not, she could still feel the pain as both her shirt and her skin were sliced to ribbons by Wolfborn's claws. With a grunt, the woman took a hand off the axe haft and pulled it out of the werewolf's mouth, replacing it with her arm. She felt the teeth as far in as the bone as she took her paltry stick and jammed it up into the wolf's chest, right into the heart.

With a yelp, Fenris sagged, falling limply onto her. The battle was over. For a moment the crowd was silent, waiting to see who had won.

Finally, Andariel emerged from under the great black beast, still bleeding and covered in terrible gashes, bloody axe haft in hand. She waved to the crowd, who went ballistic with her bloody victory,
                                                          I think I really do hate this place, The woman thought, smiling and waving as if nothing were wrong.

The Gamesmaster regaled to the crowd his usual horseshit as the woman picked up her blade, still in the middle of the arena, and carried it back to the alcove leading into the commons. She paid no attention to what he was saying. All praise was false, built to charge up the crowd rather than make her feel good. And there was no amount of praise in existence that could make her feel good.
                                                          With a deep breath that made her gaping wounds sting, she opened the door with the bitten arm and stepped inside, making sure to plaster a smile on her face before meeting anyone.

o o c ;;; Who hates Dari? Dari hates Dari. Dari hates Dari sooo hard.

Behind those eyes lies the truth and grief, behind those beautiful smiles I've seen tragedy...
                                                                              The flawless skin hides the secrets within, silent forces that secretly ignite your sins...
D

User Image
D stood in the shadow cased by the doorway to the commons. D leaned against the wall with his eyes closed arms crossed under his cloak and head down slightly as if sleeping standing up. "Amazing those creatures. No matter how you try to wipe there species off the face of the earth they always seem to repopulate. Lycan parasites." He said to the wounded female warrior. He never caught her name when they last spoke. D lifted his head and looked out to the blood soaked sand in the arena. "Guess I'm up next then." He added.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff