Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beaver Illuminate's avatar

Blessed Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                                              | Location: Gennon - outside inn | Company: No one at the moment |


                                                              Kael took a bite out of the apple in his hand, savouring the taste of the devilishly red fruit. Looking to the sky, he noted that it was cloudy, with small patches of blue in between white, fluffy masses. Occasionally, the sun would peek out from hiding, just for a second, before it would be covered again by clouds. This did not please Kael much, as the lack of direct sun and geographic position of the city of Gennon made it rather cool. Small bumps could be spotted on his bare arms, though he tried to hide them under his travelling cloak. He hated the cold, but there was nothing to do about it; it was only going to be colder from now, as they were to scale the nearby mountain to reach the Ruined Temple. Why someone would build a temple at such a god forsaken place was beyond him.

                                                              Tugging at the sword at his waist, the man reminded himself why they were going there in the first place: Monsters. Dangerous creatures of all kinds had been multiplying at high rates recently, the growth in population a potential danger to the people of Euraia. For this, people like him and his band of mercenaries had been hired. Normally, they took out bandits and other troublesome folk, but recently, they had been monster hunters. A smirk appeared on Kael's face as he thought about it. It sounded cool, he thought. Monster hunter...

                                                              Maybe he should change profession to that?

                                                              Taking the last bit of his apple, the man threw it on the ground. Due to Gennon's popularity and explosive growth, most of the roads were paved. As he looked around, Kael took note of the large buildings all around him. Almost all buildings within sight were at least two stories tall, and many of them held a shop at ground level. Many people passed through here to study the mysteries of the nearby temple, so the shops probably did fairly well.

                                                              Turning on his heel, the man looked up at the large inn the group had spend the night in, wondering what was keeping everyone. It was noon already, and they were late. The king had ordered for the monsters at the temple to be exterminated as quickly as possible, and time was money in this case. If they took too long, it was likely going to result in a cut in their pay. Crossing his arms across his chest, Kael let out a sigh. He was rarely the first to get up and be ready, but it seemed this was a day of miracles. He was not sure if that was a good sign though. Miracles was usually seen as something good, but what if it was just the world making them feel safe before they got torn apart by some raging band of monsters?

                                                              Shaking his head, the man softly hit himself upon the forehead. They were professionals! They would never go down in battle against a few beasts! He was overthinking, that was all. Looking back up at the front door of the inn, he hoped they would arrive soon. He was getting impatient, and that was unlike him...

                                                              | Out Of Chaos: Aaaaaaand we're officially open! |
Fatallity's avatar

Dapper Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
| Location: Gennon - Ouside the Inn |

Aleakan had woken early. He could never sleep well enough the night before a job, unless there was someone to distract him... This time around, he was up before the kitchen that he could hear below his room. He might have gotten out of bed, if he didn't force himself to stay there, but it also could have been the fact that it was so damn cold out from under the sheets. He usually didn't mind the cold, but there was a limit.

When he started to hear the rest of the town wake up, Alek decided that he needed a heavier cloak if they were going to climb a mountain in this kind of weather. At this thought, maybe others would need one as well. He shrugged as he dressed and soon was out the door searching the market for a wool or fur lined cloak.

The streets were soon filling up with stalls, and fresh produce of the day. His stomach gave off a little growl as he passed by some bakery. Perhaps he should have stayed at the Inn and eaten something first. Its never a good thing, going to a market hungry. A sharp chill ran down his arms, reminding him that it was going to be cold, and that cloak was something that he needed just as much as food.

After finding a decent deal on a heavier cloak, he bought some extra supplies for the hike up the mountain. He couldn't help but pick up a few things for the rest of the members of The Crimson Eclipse. He thanked the villagers, giving them a courteous nod and was off to resume his search for... nothing in particular. He liked the smell and bustle of the market. Always seemed to remind him of home.

It wasn't long before the sun was high above, but it was hard to tell through all the clouds. Only when he got hungry again, did he realize he had to get back to the Inn and meet up with the rest of the group. He quickly turned, his new cloak keeping him warm, and bolted back to the Inn.

"Heeey, Kael! Sorry I lost track of time. I was in the market gathering some extra supplies and got this wonderful warm new cloak. It amazes me how some people are good at working with furs..." He paused and took another look around. "Well.. that's odd... You're the one who's usually late.
Sweet Sugarness Cupcake's avatar

Fashionable Sweetheart

°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°

User Image

hloe ollard

┍-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┓


There was a small, faint sort of squeak that came from under the large, thick blankets that Chloe was sleeping under as she stretched. She couldn't help but think about how wonderful her night's sleep had been. Normally, she wouldn't have, but for some reason she had decided to stay at the inn she would be meeting the others in. Not that there would have been anything wrong with it. It just didn't usually appeal to her at all. But, for some reason, she found the inn to be nice, and thought she might give it a try. It turned out to be a good idea. The bed was soft, the blankets were thick enough to keep out the somewhat cold weather. All making for such a great night's sleep. Her eyes slowly opened as she pushed the blanket off of her face and looked up toward the near by window. "Hmm .... I guess I slept in a bit." she said softly to herself, about to doze off again. All at once she was suddenly wide away as her eyes shot back open. "I slept in?!"

Quickly the girl threw the blankets off of herself and started to run around the small room, finding her dress, getting her weapons, figuring out where she put her shoes. By the time she was ready to go, she had no idea what time it was. All she knew was that if she didn't get to the front of the inn soon, there were sure to be a few people that would be very mad at her. Chloe threw her cloak around her shoulders, fastening it as she made her way from her room to out the front too. "Um, miss, you forgot to pay!" The voice caused her to skid to a stop just as she was about to leave. A nervous laugh escaped her soft lips as she turned and walked over to the man. "Oh, silly me, sorry about that." she said, lightly shaking her head as she pulled out the exact amount of money, giving it to the rather large man before she started to turn to leave. "You have a lovely inn, by the way. Good day!"

With that taken care off, she was off. Chloe quickly ran out the front door and looked around. At first, she didn't see them. Her eyes widened as she lightly shook her head. They couldn't have left her there. They hadn't left her before. Then again, she had only been late once or twice before, but she didn't think that they would actually leave her if she were to be a bit late. She forced herself to calm down as she turned, about to start walking when she saw two of the people she was going to meet. A smile came on to her face as she moved toward the two men. "Good morning gentlemen, sleep well?" she asked, glancing between the two. If there was just the two of them, then that meant she wasn't the only one running late, which hopefully meant she wasn't going to be in any trouble. She decided to try and use that to her advantage, playing it off as though nothing had happened.


┕-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┙


if you need me :: outside the inn
can you hear me now :: kael, aleakan
weapon of choice :: bow and arrows, short sword


°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°


[{One n' Only Cupcake :: and there's my first post. tada!}]
Sioga's avatar

Eloquent Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LunasaarLunaCalabet
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁


Luna watched the sun rise that morning. That was the only time that everything was at least mostly quiet and she could listen. Being the city was a bother. Everything was so stuffy and loud. She missed the quiet that lay beyond the walls and such. Once the people and the city started to wake up, she decided that it was better to keep inside.

Getting up from her spot on the rooftop, Luna climbed over the edge and into the top window, the room that she had chosen. She sat in the center of the bed for a long while, just thinking. It was nice to sleep on a real bed again, even though she liked and was used to sleeping out in the wilderness. Once the sun had been up for a while, she left the room, dropping a few coins on the counter before exiting. She slipped through the marketplace, stopping to buy just a few things. She got some food to put in her bag.

It was almost noon when she returned to the inn. She saw Kael standing outside with Aleakan and Chloe. Walking up, she stood just outside the group, listening to them, talk. Her scruffy, short brown hair and rounded face made her look like a young boy, despite being older than all but one of her teammates. "I've been up since dawn. Just didn't want to see anyone 'till now." she said.

((OoC: ))
The Beaver Illuminate's avatar

Blessed Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                                              | Location: Gennon - outside inn | Company: Aleakan, Chloe and Luna |


                                                              After a bit of waiting, Kael noticed a familiar figure coming towards him. It was Aleakan. Smiling, the man raised a hand in greeting, as Aleakan explained why he had been late. Kael was sure he had reminded them to do that the day before, but it might have slipped his mind, so he decided not to comment on it, instead waiting for the next thing the other man was going to say. As expected, he spoke of what was on Kael's mind: that everybody seemed to have slept in late, something which was usually Kael's job. Scratching his neck in an awkward manner, the man turned his head back towards the door, hoping for it to spring open as he spoke.

                                                              “Yeah, I know. I'm almost at a point where I'd go wake them all up,” he admitted, though both he and Aleakan knew(at least he was pretty sure of that) that he would never do that. Much of the reason behind this was the fact that half the group were female, and who knew what their kind would do to him if he suddenly barged into their room and pulled off their covers in an attempt to get them out of bed? Well, he was sure none of them were likely to throw their arms around him and pull him down for a warm welcome.

                                                              Suddenly, as if his thoughts were a triggering factor, Chloe walked out of the inn and greeted the two. Kael gave her a nod, a smile and a subtle wink, before answering her question: “I've slept like a log, though the excitement get me up early somehow,” he said, letting out a small chuckle, just as another figure appeared from the marketplace area: Luna.

                                                              “Great, we're officially more than halfway assembled. Mendel is probably off meditating somewhere. And Abel. Who knows? Let's just hope they get here before long,” Kael said, as he looked up at the sky, catching a glimpse of the sun. They had to get going soon, to have as much sunlight during this job as possible. Fighting in the dark was a dangerous thing, especially if they were up against monsters that works better at night. A small shudder ran through the man as he thought about that happening.

                                                              | Out Of Chaos: --- |
Fatallity's avatar

Dapper Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
| Location: Gennon - Ouside the Inn |
| In the Vicinity of: Kael, Chloe, Luna |

Alekan's thoughts mirrored Kael's. Going in to wake up the women of the troupe may be a bad idea, however, to him, it would be hilarious. They'd probably yell, scream, and/or cuss him out while tossing things at him. This thought made him chuckle to himself. One person he wouldn't mind waking up would have been Mendel. A good fist fight in the morning to shrug off the cold weather would have been ideal. Perhaps he should have waited for the man to wake and ask him for a spar. He shrugged at the thought and followed Kael's gaze to see Chloe spring out of the Inn.

"Hello Chloe," He smiled at her kindly, "I slept... as usual. And by saying that, not much. But decently. How about yourself?" He lied about the sleep being decent. His bed had been way too stiff and lumpy. It made him wonder what the previous renter of the room did to it... but then again, maybe the details could be avoided as it was best not to think on it. He probably should have checked under the mattress for any rocks...

He herd another familiar voice come from behind him. He had just been to the market, and not seen Luna there at all. "And good day to you too Luna!" But that was just the way of the short haired woman, as he had come to learn. If she didn't want you to see her, you probably wouldn't... from his experience in knowing her anyways.
Sweet Sugarness Cupcake's avatar

Fashionable Sweetheart

°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°

User Image

hloe ollard

┍-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┓


Chloe smiled, taking a slight step back as she listened to her question get answered. At first, she almost hadn't even seen Luna. At least, not until Aleakan had said anything to her. She jumped slightly, quickly turning to face the girl. A bit of a nervous laugh escaped her as she brushed a few loose strands out of her face. "Lovely to see you again." she said to the girl, giving a small smile before she turned back to Aleakan once again. "I slept great, actually. This inn has possibly the softest beds I have ever slept in. They were wonderful." Her eyes drifted back toward the inn for a moment before she turned back to the others.

After that, a silence fell over them. Once that made her feel the slightest bit uncomfortable. Silence was fine, sometimes. When it was called for, or when she was too tired or sick to care what was going on. But right now, when she was wide awake and seemed to almost be bubbling over with energy, she was wishing that someone would start talking. If not, she would have to. After a few moments, it seemed like she would have to. "So .... do we know where anyone is staying?" she asked, her attention now turning to Kael. "Not that I'm impatient or anything. It's just that if they don't actually start to show up .... we can go find them and wake them up. It's a bit of an idea. Not the best idea really. But just a suggestion."


┕-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┙


if you need me :: outside the inn
can you hear me now :: kael, aleakan, luna
weapon of choice :: bow and arrows, short sword


°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°


[{One n' Only Cupcake :: ... no current comment ...}]
Sioga's avatar

Eloquent Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LunasaarLunaCalabet
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁


Luna looked between the two guys and Chloe. She herself was also wondering why the others had not shown up yet. The group was generally timely about getting places. Perhaps it was just the fact that they were in real beds and comfortable for once. She couldn't blame them for wanting to sleep in and relax for a little while. If she wasn't so used to being up before dawn and ready to go, she would be the same way.

"I wouldn't suggest walking in on either of them." Luna said. "I mean, you can if you want. But don't ask me to go in there." She looked between them. It seemed like none of them truly wanted to disturb them either. But if the didn't get to their job on time, they might lose the opportunity. Although, she wasn't honestly looking forward to battling monsters or anything.

She then started to wonder what exactly they were planning on doing in reference to the job. Well, she knew what the end goal was, but the actual methods they would use were a mystery. Hopefully they could just stick to their usual plan, just amp up the fight and kill. And, despite being very good about living off of the land and such, she was looking forward to the generous payment that would await them should they succeed.

((OoC: ))
The Beaver Illuminate's avatar

Blessed Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                                              | Location: Gennon - outside inn | Company: Aleakan, Chloe and Luna |


                                                              “I do know where everyone's rooms are, I made sure of that,” Kael replied to Chloe's question, as he crossed his arms and placed himself against the building. “But give them a bit longer, we have some time to spare. Besides, I can just give them the info I've gathered as we go.” With that, Kael rummaged through a pouch on his hip and pulled forth a piece of folded paper, slowly unfolding it. He then quickly ran his eyes over whatever was scribbled down on it, before folding it up again.

                                                              “Well, it's just rumours, but it's more informative than anything else we've got,” he then said, as he put the paper back into the pouch and crossed his arms over his chest once more. “However, it seems the monsters we'll be dealing with this time is a surprisingly large pack of goblins. From what I've heard, the pack is unusually big, and it even seems, should the rumours be true, that we'll have a couple trolls to deal with too.”

                                                              Kael looked at the gathered people. Goblins were small fry, though they could be dangerous in large numbers, and this “unusually big” description of the pack made him, honestly, a bit unnerved. Then you add in trolls; large, bulky creatures covered in fur of all colors, usually depending on the troll's environment, allowing them to blend in. They were ferocious beasts, made of muscle, designed to tear apart and eat anything they could get their massive hands on. How a bunch of petty Goblins had made peace with these creatures was something Kael had spend much of the night before wondering about...

                                                              “But don't get unnerved, we'll pull through like always. We just have to watch each other's backs and work together, all right?” Kael put on an encouraging smile. There was no doubt in his mind that this would be tough, but with the gold they had been offered, it was definitely worth the danger.

                                                              | Out Of Chaos: --- |
Sweet Sugarness Cupcake's avatar

Fashionable Sweetheart

°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°

User Image

hloe ollard

┍-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┓


Chloe glanced around at the others as they responded to her comment about waking up the others. That wasn't something she really expected that they would go do. It was more that it was just a suggestion. If, in fact, they had gone to wake up the others, she was smart enough to stay out in the hall. She had no idea how the others would react to being woken up. And that wasn't something that she wanted to find out the hard way. As the thought passed through her head she took a breath and sighed lightly. "Very well, we can wait." she said, acting as though she were annoyed, though when she smiled she made it obvious that she was only joking around with them.

She lifted her hand again to brush her hair from her face, a real look of irritation coming into her eyes at her own hair. It was a beautiful thing really, her hair. It flowed very nicely, what with her curls and all. She simply hated how it constantly got in her face like that. Of course, she could tie it back. There was a ribbon tied around her wrist for just such a thing. But, there were still the smaller strands that got into her face. And with it being rather cold, she wanted to wait and get her hair up just before they would get to work. It made her ears and neck less cold that way.

Her attention shot back over to Kael as she realized a couple things he had said. "A large pack of goblins .... and a couple trolls?" she asked. She stared at him for a fwe moments before she took another deep breath, not letting herself get unnerved, just like he had said. "That could be very .... fun .... I guess."


┕-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┙


if you need me :: outside the inn
can you hear me now :: kael, aleakan, luna
weapon of choice :: bow and arrows, short sword


°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°


[{One n' Only Cupcake :: ... no current comment ...}]
Elymnesis's avatar

Conservative Conversationalist

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image




Ƚiʅʅiaɳ Ғaȕȿt┠

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

▇▇▇▇▇"A large pack of goblins .... and a couple trolls? That could be very .... fun .... I guess."

▇▇▇▇▇"Indeed it could be,” said Lillian, walking up to the group.
▇▇▇▇▇She was holding some sort of steaming-hot, half-eaten beef bun in one hand, and what appeared to be a map in the other. For as cold as it was, she didn’t seem quite properly dressed. She had a cloak, but it was pushed as far back over her shoulders as it would go, revealing arms bared by a sleeveless shirt. She didn’t show any indication of chill. Her cheeks were even warm flushed with color, as though she was a bit too warm. Perhaps it was the warmth of the bun she was eating.
▇▇▇▇▇“Sorry I’m late,” she said, “This is an interesting town. I suppose I got carried away seeing the sights here.”
▇▇▇▇▇She smiled, as if that wasn’t really the reason she late, and took a bite of her beef bun, offering no further explanation.
▇▇▇▇▇"How is everyone this morning?" she asked congenially.

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭❅↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

{(O.O.C.: Herp derp. Post style coming very soon. Probably after work tonight. And... yeah. Short first post.)}
{(Edit: Hey look, a post style!)}

Cold as ice, soft as snow, take me where I want to go. Rivers run, glaciers grind, show me what I wish to find.
Sweet Sugarness Cupcake's avatar

Fashionable Sweetheart

°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°

User Image

hloe ollard

┍-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┓


Upon suddenly hearing a voice, Chloe quickly turned around to see Lillian coming over to the group. She smiled a bit more, glad to see one of the other members of the group. The sooner they all gathered there, the sooner they would go and get their job done. And as soon as that was done, Chloe would have a bit more time to do a few things she wanted to get done. Which, looking at the situation now, she would have had time to do a couple things as well. Thinking about it now, she should have probably gotten something to eat. Her stomach gave a soft, barely noticeable growl. She decided it was best to ignore it though. Instead she turned her attention back to Lillian again.

"Oh, not to worry. We've not been waiting long." she said. Even though they had been there for a little while, she didn't want to say so. That wouldn't have been nice of her. She chose to move on to other topics of conversation. If they were going to be there for a little while, they might as well have a good conversation while waiting. "So, Lillian, tell me, did you find anywhere interesting while you were looking around? Anything fun?"


┕-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------┙


if you need me :: outside the inn
can you hear me now :: kael, aleakan, luna, lillian
weapon of choice :: bow and arrows, short sword


°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°.¸¸.´¯`»«´¯`.¸¸.°


[{One n' Only Cupcake :: ... no current comment ...}]
Fatallity's avatar

Dapper Exhibitionist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
| Location: Gennon - Ouside the Inn |
| In the Vicinity of: Kael, Chloe, Luna, Lillian |

Goblins and trolls... Those usually didn't mix well, not at all. Alekan's eyebrows drew together in thought, and a hand slowly was brought up to his chin. What could these two creatures have in common? Why would they be working together? The conversation went on between the rest of the crew when he heard Lillian's voice. His hand dropped to his side and he turned to the woman.

"Mornin' Lillian. Not too chilly for you?" He gave her a small chuckle, looking over her demeanour. It didn't seem like the weather affected her at all. "I've got extra furs if anyone needs some more warmth" Alekan shook a pack in his hand, "And some food if anyone hasn't eaten breakfast yet" He glanced over at Chloe with a wink.

"As for the goblins and trolls, they'll be no big problem for us! We're the best there is." He looked at the group, then at Kael, "Besides, there's a lot of money in on this for us"

Alekan may have seemed all hyped up about climbing the mountain and slaying the monsters... But there was something in the back of his mind that didn't quite sit right. Goblins... Trolls... Did the trolls have the goblins working for them? Was it the other way around? Or are they actually getting along well enough for once, and for what purpose? There were a lot of questions, but Alekan didn't want to ask them, mostly because he knew there weren't any answers for them yet.
Elymnesis's avatar

Conservative Conversationalist

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image




Ƚiʅʅiaɳ Ғaȕȿt┠

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

▇▇▇▇▇"Oh, not to worry. We've not been waiting long."
▇▇▇▇▇“Good,” said Lillian with a smile.
▇▇▇▇▇The blonde girl was so sweet. What was her name again? She couldn’t quite remember. Not to worry, surely it would come up in conversation soon. But still, she hated when she forgot a fact.
▇▇▇▇▇"Mornin' Lillian. Not too chilly for you?"
▇▇▇▇▇Lillian turned to face Aleakan, smiling warmly.
▇▇▇▇▇“Not at all,” said Lillian innocently. “I’m wearing a cloak. And eating a beef bun. It’s making me delightfully warm.”
▇▇▇▇▇To her that was more than enough reason to be warm. She analyzed the goose-bumped, well-bundled party in a quick glance and decided that not everyone thought so. She paused, and then wordlessly pulled her cloak over the front of her shoulders. Call it peer pressure.
▇▇▇▇▇"So, Lillian, tell me, did you find anywhere interesting while you were looking around? Anything fun?"
▇▇▇▇▇Lillian considered how to answer the question.
▇▇▇▇▇“Well,” she said, “I found a fantastic beef-bun merchant in the market. If anyone feels like running to buy breakfast. I think he has other meats too...” she trailed off with mock thoughtfulness. “But actually,” she said, her voice dropping to a more serious tone, “the most interesting thing I noticed here was the people. Everyone seems nervous. I heard several people in the marketplace talking about what sounds like will be our targets. I suppose it’s only logical that they should be scared. It seems unusual for goblins and trolls to be organizing themselves in even moderately large numbers. Do we have any indication of why they’re working together, Kael?”
▇▇▇▇▇She paused as she considered Aleakan’s optimistic interjection.
▇▇▇▇▇"As for the goblins and trolls, they'll be no big problem for us! We're the best there is. Besides, there's a lot of money in on this for us."
▇▇▇▇▇“Money’s a good motivator, but it doesn’t kill trolls,” said Lillian.
▇▇▇▇▇She said it factually; She wasn’t trying to be combative.
▇▇▇▇▇“But... I agree. We should be well matched, so long as we keep our heads. And there’s not too many of them.”

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭❅↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

{(O.O.C.: Yay, thread movement! My post is so colorful. @.@)}

Ice, ice, baby.
The Beaver Illuminate's avatar

Blessed Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                                              | Location: Gennon - outside inn | Company: Aleakan, Chloe and Lillian |


                                                              Chloe seemed to be unsure on how to take the information given by Kael, though he said nothing. Just then, Lillian showed up, agreeing that it would be fun facing off with a bunch of goblins and trolls. She explained her lateness with having being caught up in sightseeing. It did not sound convincing, but as long as they showed up, Kael really did not care what they had been doing. In her hand was a steaming meat bun, which seemed to be keeping her warm enough for her to barely wear her cloak.

                                                              “Welcome to our reunion, miss Faust,” Kael said with a smirk, before he heard a small growl coming from Chloe. It seemed she had forgotten to eat. Aleakan was quick to try and remedy this, which made Kael slightly more thankful that people had been spreading out this morning. However, they did not dwell on that subject for long, as Aleakan brought back the subject on the marks, trying to reassure them. However, while it definitely seemed like the man was all hyped and ready to go, Kael thought he felt a glimmer of the same thoughts in his partners eyes.

                                                              Just as Kael thought he would stand back and just listen to the conversation going around, he was asked directly for more information. It seemed he and possibly Aleakan, were not the only ones wondering about why trolls and goblins would be working together. Scratching his chin, he made a regretful head shake, before putting words to it.

                                                              “There have been rumours, but they're not realistic,” he explained. “But well, so is the thought of such a force. Trolls are solitary creatures, who would usually love to come across a goblin pack, not as an ally, but because it would be a feast. Goblins are pack creatures, but the size of this group, as far as the rumours go, is so big I wonder how they're not on each other's throats. It all just doesn't seem to add up. However, we don't get our money for worrying about stuff. We just have to clear out the ruins and surrounding area, and that'll be it.”

                                                              | Out Of Chaos: --- |

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games