Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

emo
Nightmares In Sanctuary

User Image

Welcome to Eurasia.
I'd like to let you know that this is a continuation of an older RP, but we still need new characters for the story!

Things i'll like to note now-
I need an elementalist of these elements for my story;

Fire
Earth
Water
Light (VERY IMPORTANT)
Darkness

Fatcat

Main Story

The year is 308 U, three hundred and eight years after the “defeat” of the Demon King Arius and his hellish minions. Eurasia has long since flourished in peace, and prosperity. The previous Six Nations have come together to form three nations, Lyracea, Eulene, and Albentaea. Though prosperous, without the threat of another war, the nation’s ability to harness the magic of the world, known as elementalists, has become slim, and what few remain able to manipulate it's energies were shunned from society with conflict and controversy by their own people. Fourty years ago, however, an unknown occurrence in Ariuth, a desert in the western part of Eurasia, brought forth Nightmares of the past.
Now with the impending threat of the Nightmares of Old, Lyracea, Eulene, and Albenteae face a lot more than controversy on whom and what is to blame for the release of the Nightmares. With the threat of this new evil, greed, envy, and hatred has clawed and burrowed into the hearts and minds of the people of Eurasia once more. All of Eurasia face threats from its very people, let alone the Nightmares that were unleashed upon them, and war amongst the nations is an idea teetering on the edge of reality.

Within the 40 years of the Nightmares release, and the return of the black magic that once plagued the land Centuries ago, many things within Eurasia has changed. The rule of the new young King Kael brought military changes to Lyracae, the Ruling Nation, which once thought war was an old nightmare and peace was never-ending. The distaste and distrust towards the Elementalists, was shortly forgotten as the pleas from the people beg them to help in their plight, to fight amongst and for them against the nightmares.

As of the last few months King Kael had issued a demand that any able and willing Elementalists were to come to his Castle in Avon and embark on an extremely detrimental mission to strike the heart of this seemingly unbeatable threat. A small group of very unlikely elementalists came together to set off on this mission to strike the heart of this Dark Army. To find the Old Demon King, Ariuth, and his generals, and stop them at all costs. This small group of elementalists was sent to Eulene’s capital, Caldera, which rested on the boarder of Ariuth, to start their journey. Shortly upon their arrival, however, Caldera was attacked by a massive army led by Demon General Desmond. The small band of elementalists and Eulene’s small army defeated the army led by Desmond but took extremely heavy casualties, including the elementalists themselves. Since the battle, Sieg Guardios a Light elementalist and leader of the group, Evelyn an Elf Light elementalist, Rayne Tantibus an Air elementalist, have all gone missing. The only known Elementalist sent by Kael left was Aya Gwiaviel another air elementalist who was found badly wounded on the battlefield.

It’s been two weeks since the Battle of Caldera and the elementalists are still missing. Where have they all gone? Did they abandon their mission? Will the people of Eurasia ever put a dent in this Dark Army ?

Main Story
Eurasia
Rules
Profiles/OOC

Fatcat

Eurasia

User Image

Quick note; Might add more to this later.
Races:

Humans; Bulk of Eurasia. Self Explanitory.

Orcs; There arent as many as there once was. Now part of The Sanctuary Alliance. Orcs are taller and bulkier than humans, with olive to gray skin, tusks, and a knack for combat. While generally gruff and agressive, they are still rather intellectual. Their people believe in companionship( they'll risk their necks for companions even if they dont neccesarily like them ), making them good companions (duh?). Even though orcs are apart of SA they still keep mostly to themselves in tribes.

Nephilim; Practically extinct. Only two yet life in Eurasia, Asealla Gwiaviel(Aya) and Mercer Vormund. Like Nightmares, they were once humans who during the fallout of the Last Battle between the six heroes, were physically changed. Unlike nightmares, the air nomads were changed by White magic, instead of Dark magic. They have wings of different sizes and colours and devoted themselves to protecting the monolith in floating cities above Ariuth, the wasteland desert of the Last Battle. Upon Arius' escape, however, the Nephilim city fell, as well as the Nephilims after years of hardship and war.

Dragons; Very few of these ancient creatures still existant and not a single living creature knows of them except as simply legends. The few that do exist are old, massive, and powerful, but are in deep oblivious slumber. Arius seeks to awaken and corrupt them.

Giants; Hostile to all other races, Giants live in the high peaks of Eulene and Albentaea. They stand usually at ten feet and have the ability to manipulate ice(water) and stone(earth). Theyre very dangerous.

Shades; Creatures made from pure madness by Arius many years ago. They have varying degrees of power but all can possess living things freely, all can manipulate Dark Magic, and all feast on the fear of mortals. Three known shades are Valaeri, Jarlaxle, and Yuil, two of which are generals of Arius' army. They all have a device called a phylactery which does not neccesarily have to be on or in their bodies. This phylactery is very fragile and is the only way to destroy a Shade.

Demons; Like Shades, demons come in varying degrees of power. Arius himself, the most powerful of them, is a demon. Demons are all manipulaters of Dark magic, but most have different ways of using it. For instance, Arius can corrupt the souls of the living, turning them mad, to morph into grotisque monsters, ressurect the dead, and create shades, among various other things. One of his lost generals, Shin, could manipulate dark magic into controlling "hellfire". A fire that burns hotter than tradition fires. While demons are immortal in terms of they never age, they are as vulnerable to the elements as a human, and can be killed just as easily.

Undead/Nightmares; Are once living creatures, humans, orcs, giants, fauna, and even flora, that have been twisted and corrupted by Arius with his magic. They make the bulk of Arius' legion. Most of them can only be killed by cutting their heads off. While most resemble their previous appearances, Nightmares can come in any shapes, sizes, and appearances though they are almost always black, gray, or purple, like someone drained all of their color and replaced it with whatever dark color.

Places:

The Sancutary; A giant airship that houses most of Lyracea's population. It's stationed above the island East Haven.

Eurasia; The known world. A giant continent that covers a large portion of the planet.

Albentaea; The Region south on Eurasia. It mostly consists of swamp and Desert but its southern reaches are mountainous and very cold. White Edge is the capital city here. Vermont downs has been taken by Arius.

Eulene; The furthest north Region of Eurasia. Second larges population of humans, and the most technologically advanced civilization. Half the bulk of The Sanctuary Alliance. Eulene's environment consists almost entirely of Mountains and snow covered valleys. Caldera is the capital of Eulene and is built around and inside a giant mountain that overlooks Ariuth. It's mostly a giant airship port.

Lyracea; Once the home of the mighty capital city Avon, in which all the Kings of Eurasia has lived. Once the largest population of humans, Lyracea's land stationed on the north eastern portion of Eurasia, consisted mostly of Plains and swamp, but also mountains. They control Estercoast and East Haven.

Agrova; Farthest west. Consists mostly of plains, and desert. Only nomadic people and orcs lived here, but has been completely corrupted by Arius and his legion.

Ariuth; The home of the Last Battle. It's land is a wasteland desert with a constantly raging sandstorm. Harshest land of all of Eurasia. Was once the home of the Nephilim, but now not even nomads traverse it's land. Believed to be where Arius resides. Valmora, the ruins of the Nephilim city, and Dagonfel, a mighty demons stronghold, are marked places here.

Other important things:

Among the six elements there are two more, Dark Magic and White magic.
Dark magic is madness, Corruption, and sins. Its what Arius uses to plague the world and is naturally found in people who can manipulate darkness due to Arius' tampering.

White magic on the other hand is the complete opposite of Dark magic. It's the good in the world and is found in only light elementalists and Nephilim. People who can control it or have it in their bodies often exhibit a sense of righteousness, and a need to protect people. The line of Kings, descendants of Maya and Rion, are all Light elementalists and can manipulate white magic.

The six heroes of old; Shah the controversial dark elementalist, Sky the air elemental, Zero The Adventurer, Maya the light elementalist elite general, Rion the handsome light elementalist who was also rumored to have caused the Shining Calamity, and Aya, an air elementalist, daughter to the air nomad King and half-sister to Sky.

The Last Battle; The last battle against Arius took place in a once lush land of green plains. The heroes had almost been defeated, with nothing but Maya and Rion standing against Arius. Sacrificing their lives, they created a large blast of white magic that sealed Arius and all of Eurasia's corruption into a pillar-like stone that was on the battlefield. This major blast of energy, however, scarred miles of the land around them, created Ariuth and desert with a constant raging storm. White and Dark magic linger there, causing creatures to become hostile, and huge. The energy also affected the air nomads who lived there, turning them into Nephilim.

Elementalists; Before the time of The Last Battle, almost every one could control an element. It was a common place power that often dictated your life. However, after The Last Battle the ability to control the elements became scarce because of the lack of need and what few remained by the time of King Moroah were shunned from society because of a deep-seated believe that they were to blame for what had happened 300 hundred years previous with the Demon King Arius and the Fire legion's assault on Eurasia.

Main Story
Eurasia
Rules
Profiles/OOC

Fatcat

Rules

**mostly done by Rion Galford**

1) Obviously this is on Gaia, so follow Gaias ToS. TL;DR version: Action and Romance is cool, but keep it clean; we ain't writing the next 50 Shades of Grey here.

2) More often than not the players will deal with Red Shirts/cannon fodder NPCs when it comes to battles. For those who want to have conflict between their characters, however, no god-modding. This means no auto-hits, no controlling each other, all that jazz. With that being said, if there's some kind of plotting between people that involves these things to make the plot smoother, I'm okay with that; just give me a heads up so there's no misunderstanding, kay?

3) Rhyme and Reason. Your character will always have a reason for doing something. Under this subject, I believe ALL characters should get to know each other before becoming friends, lovers, etc. My only exception to this is if you put in your profile that you know someone in a specific way, and if this does happen make sure the other party agrees to this.

4) I'm not going to get on people's case too badly about this unless it gets to be a real problem, but please post about two paragraphs at the very least. This way there's enough context for everyone to work with, which helps fight back that dreaded writers block. Nobody likes to see a one-line response; it's bad, so don't do it, mmkay?

5) We've all got free times, and we've all got not-so-free times; so we don't go too long being stuck, try to post about 3-4 times a week. More is definitely encouraged, but if people start getting stuck for days on end you may be getting a PM from me trying to find out what's going on. I don't wanna shove characters out for inactivity, so let's not have that happen all right?

6) Have fun with it! After all, it's why you're joining, right?

7) PM me your profiles. Not much else to say there.

Main Story
Eurasia

Rules

Profiles/OOC

Fatcat

Profiles/OOC

Appearance: (link here, though if you wouldn't mind also making a small banner (like... 300x100) that'd be great.)
Name:
Age: (also duh, though if you want a relatively high number we'll have to talk about it)
Race:
Personality (Don't need a whole lot here, this sort of thing should reveal itself over the course of the roleplay; just briefly put down the kind of impression your character would normally give off to a total stranger.)
Equipment: (What does your character use in battle?)
Abilities: (any special skills that make your character stand out in a crowd?)
Recent Events: (This is where I diverge from typical roleplays. I really don't want to see a big long life story of your character, it's up to you how much of that you want to reveal as time goes on. All I want to see here is details regarding what's gone on with your character in recent years. If there's something really important to their back story go ahead and put it here, but it's up to you. This section should give some sort of reasoning as to what brings your character to where they are starting from.)
Other: (Anything else you feel like adding.)
Gaia Username:

[size=11]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (link here, though if you wouldn't mind also making a small banner (like... 300x100) that'd be great.)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (also duh, though if you want a relatively high number we'll have to talk about it)
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality[/b] (Don't need a whole lot here, this sort of thing should reveal itself over the course of the roleplay; just briefly put down the kind of impression your character would normally give off to a total stranger.)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (What does your character do to make a living?)
[b]Equipment:[/b] (What does your character use in battle?)
[b]Abilities:[/b] (any special skills that make your character stand out in a crowd?)
[b]Recent Events:[/b] (This is where I diverge from typical roleplays. I really don't want to see a big long life story of your character, it's up to you how much of that you want to reveal as time goes on. All I want to see here is details regarding what's gone on with your character in recent years. If there's something really important to their back story go ahead and put it here, but it's up to you. This section should give some sort of reasoning as to what brings your character to where they are starting from.)
[b]Other:[/b] (Anything else you feel like adding.)
[b]Gaia Username:[/b] [/size]

Main Story
Eurasia
Rules

Profiles/OOC

Fatcat

User Image

"You cant escape me, little chicken. No matter how far you run, I will always find you. Ohhh and when I find you I will take sweeeeet pleasure in destroying everything you have until you yield everything you are to me." The woman's voice echoed endlessly in Aya's dream mind. Maniacle laughter overlapping with her words, echoing. Unable to drown it all out, Aya screamed at the top of her lungs but she had no voice.

" I will let you fly " Valaeri had told her. The word "let" strongly emphasized. "After all, if it was not for me you would not even be here, fighting so eagerly against me." Valaeri laughed, but her words were a threatening reminder of the harsh truth. "Dont forget, my little chicken dove." Valaeri smiled over Aya's limp body, before everything faded into a black void and for once everything was calm.

Aya was limp on a singular bed in an empty room in what would be called the remains of Caldera roughly two weeks after the Battle of Caldera. The female elementalist was found on the battlefield, bleeding out and unconscious. Her personal defeat had started with her own companions, the rest of the group of elementalists that King Kael had put together, had chopped off her wings upon her losing control over herself, and then was taken in her weakness by the shade Valaeri, an ever-present plague to Aya. It was an insult to her injury that not only did her companions chop off her wings, but had also let a shade capture her. Of course, Aya had fought back to the best of her abilities but Valaeri defeated Aya without a sweat and was left on the battlefield where she was retrieved by a medical team and submitted into extensive care.

Aya healed faster than anyone had ever seen, but her wings never grew back and for some unknown reason Aya hadnt even stirred in her unconscious state since the battle. Aya's personal medical aid, a young woman no older than twenty, sat now at her bedside slowly wiping away sweat that had recently beaded on the woman's forehead. As of recently Aya's body would suffer tremors and she would murmur hostile words, sometimes even scream, but the young woman would be there to help the unconscious Aya through it all. After all she had become attached to the somewhat inhuman woman over the past few days.

Once again Aya was plagued by the same nightmare as before. But the woman was slowly gaining strength and courage and she growled in response,

"No one will ever control me."
Even so, Valaeri just laughed, wholesomely amused with Aya's rebellious behavior. "Oh sweet chciken dove, even with Lichtbringr you have no chance to resist me." Valaeri would respond, a chaotic smile strewn across her wickedly normal face.

"NO!" Aya screamed, shooting upright in a fit upon her bed. Her sudden movement and yelling summoned a yelp from the young maid that had been previously tending to Aya's sweat. Eyes open, it took Aya quite some time to adjust to her sight. While her mind wasnt quite registering her environment, her eyes took in a candle-lit room with stone walls. A single table rested beside the bed she was sitting up on, along with a chair, and a woman who was now standing beside Aya. Immediately Aya searched for an escape, as was habit. She found a single door in the farthest wall from her but her attention was immediately stolen by the young maid as she spoke,
" Ma'am calm down. You're safe here." Without delay, Aya responded,
" Where am I? Who are you? What day is it?" Aya spoke abruptly, her voice urgent.

" My name is Nyui. I'm your medical aid assigned to you when you were submitted into this medical facility. You are in the heart of Caldera and its been two weeks since the Battle of Caldera." Nyui responded carefully, sitting back down in the chair next to Aya.
Aya didnt speak for a very long time, simply taking in her environment once more. Now that she was starting to realize her situation, she realized the stone walls were covered in inviting tapestries, and there was more than just a single table. Pushed against the walls were tables covered in candles, which lit the room with a comforting hue. Aya relaxed as she grasps the reality of Nyui's words.
" I've been out for two weeks... Aya never thought she'd ever been unconscious for so long before. After an even longer moment, recollection seemed to dawn and Aya reached behind her to feel the stubs that was what was left of her wings. In the battle Aya had been in control of herself when she had had her wings for the first time in her life because of Aries, but her companions had taken no chances. Before she could defend herself she had been paralyzed by Evelyn and her wings had been cut off shortly after. A deep unsettling sense of betrayal latched strongly onto Aya's heart. This was exactly why Aya had never put her trust into anyone.
A tortured sigh escaped Aya's lips. She would move on, like always, of course.
"I need to leave. I cant stay underground any longer." Aya admitted to Nyui.

"Of course! Lets get you dressed and fed and then you can go about your business. I'm just glad you're awake." Nyui responded quickly, helping Aya out of bed.

Over the course of the next few hours, Aya was filled in about the last two weeks. Caldera was struggling to put itself back together after the battle having lost the entire outer ring of the city which including the city's farms and most of the citizen's housing. Right now leagues of traders from Lyracea were pouring in with their goods, trying to aid the citizens in their efforts to get the city back together, for a price of course. Aya also came to realize she could no longer hold a heavy weight in her sword arm, which was extremely regretful for she couldnt even wield her father's sword, Lichtbringr, without her arm giving out under the strain. It was apparent to her that even though Aries had tried his best to heal her, he had not had enough time before he was corrupted by Valaeri and turned against her and Rayne.
Rayne... Where was Rayne? Was he alive? Did Aries kill him like she had suspected?
Aya had asked Nyui about it but she had no reliable response. She even mentioned that all the other elementalists were missing as well.

So Aya was alone. When she stepped out of the medical facility carved into the mountain Caldera was build around, on, and in, Aya felt relieved albeit a bit sad upon this realization. She was alone, again.

User Image

The grassy plains waved piece fully, the wind caressing it. Each gust making waves of green and khaki. The mid-day sun shined off the blades of grass. Mercer walked pass enjoying the scene and all of its sensations. It was easy for one to find peace in the cool breeze after being ripped away by Dagonfel's gusts. Even the sun seemed softer in these plains. The mountains of Caldera were within sight now. Their huge form and white caps were his guide, showing him his way to the Capital of Eulene of the known world. Mercer cared not for commerce or trade, he only sought on thing, a blacksmith. Mercer took his weapons very seriously and felt that only a master blacksmith should handle his gear.

Caldera was known for its Master at Forge, the man would be old now. Mercer hoped he hadn't passed or been killed. As he topped the soft slope of the hill he had ventured he saw it. The lower city had been desimated. Crushed by what looked like a siege. The walls had been crushed and many buildings dashed like ships over stone. Mercer felt disappointed at the notion if the city were sacked he may never have his weapons repaired properly.
The sounds of hammer grow louder as he came closer. Citizens moved rubble in small parties, others hammered away at new frames. It must have been a few days sense the attack, the people had already moved on. Mercer weaved his way through the area looking into every crumbled pile for anything that looked like a forge. When he came to it there were four rough looking men pulling a large wood post to an upright position. "Excuse me, does the forge master still draw breath?"

The man in-charge looked Mercer over for a moment. "After that angel saved his hide and the rest of ours I sure as hell hope so. He is in the upper-city with the rest of the refugees." The man seemed happy and content with his work. As soon as Mercer nodded the man went right back to barking orders.

Mercer felt relieved for the first time in a long time. He quickly made his way to the upper-city. It was there that he saw what looked like a huge flea-market. Person trading with person, hardly anyone was using coin. A farmer traded a chicken for a butcher knife, another woman traded new fabrics for baskets. Its was as if the city was trying to heal it self, everyone excepting trade for what they need for what someone else needed more. Mercer came to a table laden with metal farm tools and rough weapons. Mercer lifted a knife and looked it over, unbalanced and a wavering edge. A novice had forged it or at least sharpened it with a mallet. "Boy, where is your forge master?"

The young man looked shocked and annoyed. "I'm the forge master of this city. What can I get you, sir?" the boy almost snapped. Mercer looked him over part with amusement part with annoyance. He looked the blade over again and pointed it at the boy. The Dirk's edge was so poorly done the point of the blade even tilted. He set the blade in his palm and pressed it firmly to his had. In a quick motion drug it across his hand. Then politely showed his uninjured had to the boy. "Your Forge Master." he said with finality in his tone.

Fatcat

User Image

Caldera. A huge city designed in segments. The outer ring, which was destroyed by Desmond's army, was where the housing and farms had been, protected by a thirty foot tall wall that now lay in massive crumbled heaps. The inner ring wrapped around the singular huge mountain. This ring housed all business shops and trading hubs. The path that wrapped around the mountain was carved and spanned roughly forty feet across with a twelve foot tall wall on the very outside to keep the citizens from accidental deaths. In this ring was also the famous Airship dock. This dock was the biggest incoming and outgoing of any airship dock and where all airships came to get their repairs. It was positioned at the very top of the mountain, along with an in called the Rickety Hull. This inn was always crowded with airship captains and their crew, and was most known for temporarily housing travelers. Finally, the heart of the mountain was the center of the city. Inside the mountain is a twisted intricate working of tunnels and rooms, including the "castle" in which the royalty of Eulene resided. Most of the main buildings were carved from the inner ring into the mountain, for example the blacksmith which so happened to be where Aya found herself.

Lost in thought, the woman stared blankly across the crowd of eager traders to the stands of weapons and displays of armor surrounding an open door that lead into a darkly lit room inside the mountain. Outside, among the weapons and armor displays was a small crowd of possible buyers. Aya smiled softly. The woman had history with the blacksmith and his wife, and she was glad their business was still going after the battle. It was unfortunate that she was here to tell them she needed her armor completely remade. In fact, she was standing in what she would call the worst attire she'd ever been graced to wear. A dress. How was she to fight in a dress? Not only that, but a dress she tore the bottom off too because she couldnt possibly fathom moving with so much cloth dangling near her feet. The only comfort she had was the large intricate and curved greatsword on her back.

Absently, Aya adjusted one of the worn leather straps across her chest that supported the sheath for the heavy blade. Aya waited for a bit longer before she skirted the crowd heading to the blacksmith's stands. She was hoping the blacksmith wasn't too busy but as she looked around she was suspected he probably was going to be too busy to see her about her request. So, Aya was standing beside a suite of armor, fingering the ringlets between the spaulder and the forearm guard when she overheard the young blacksmith's apprentice talking to an obvious foreigner. Curious, she glanced over her shoulder and immediately spotted the two. The foreigner was quite the sight, standing out like a pristine white feather among black satin sheets. He was tall, and built like a seasoned warrior. His hair was messy, and raven black, as were his eyes that held a cold, calculating gaze. His stance was seemingly arrogant. His armor resembled that of the Agrovaians, as did the weapon at his hip. She studied him for a moment before she realized what exactly she was seeing. Not only was this man a blatantly obvious seasoned warrior but he was an air elementalist! Aya hid her excitement behind a cold gaze. Another air elementalist like her...like Rayne. But this one was different than Rayne. He was reflecting the light around him, she noticed. It was hard to see, even for her, but if she studied hard enough she could see a hazy field around him and his back. What was he hiding? Why was she even so curious?

Aya shook her head, turning back to the suite of armor in front of her. So what, he was another air elementalist. This knowledge didnt concern her. He didnt feel like a demon so she shouldnt care. Sighing under her breath Aya moved away from the armor to scrutinize the weapons on display. Like the foreigner had said, these weapons werent made by the forge master. She lifted a scimitar, laying the blade flat across the palm of her hand. This blade wouldnt be used for more than a bludgeoning weapon with how crudely it was crafted. Examining the blade, Aya couldnt help but snicker in amusement at the truth to the foreigner's words. Aya placed the blade back onto the stand and flicked some of her blonde hair back from her face as she moved onto the next weapon on the stand, waiting for the right moment to address the young blacksmith about calling an audience with the Old Man forge master.

Dangerous Seeker

Vadeyl -Rayne- Tantibus

User Image

Where: Nomad encampment
Thoughts: [Where to start?]
Company: None

He stood gazing at the city below him, the rubble around him stood out as something, but he couldn't place it. Vadeyl watched people moving about, some stared at him, others quietly walked by and ignored him. He wanted to stay, and find something, some memory of who he was in this place, but Caldera was recovering, and he had a debt to repay. Turning to look at the caravan of traveler's he was with, Vadeyl watched those who had rescued him, they had spoken of how they had pulled him out from underneath a crumbling building, he couldn't remember. The elder of the caravan watched him cautiously, they had been teaching him minor tricks and things he could do with his ability over the last couple of weeks. The elder had already figured something out, but he was silent on the matter when Vadeyl brought it back up. The only thing he had told him of the incident, was that he had been speaking a name in his sleep, having slept for three days it had been prevalent enough for them all to take note of it, but by word of the elder he was not allowed to know, not until he had paid back the debt of life they believed he owed.

Vadeyl wanted to leave, and go explore the city, and see if he could find anything new, or old to jog his memory. Fear of losing the name that could be essential stopped that however. He nodded his head to the elder, who nodded back. Vadeyl was allowed minor trips back and forth through the city with a nomad present, this time he was going to visit the blacksmith, to see if he could remember seeing his weapons or him for repairs. The only problem was that the blacksmith was busy, and Vadeyl wasn't allowed to bother anyone who already had too much to deal with for now. He was being treated like a child, and it bothered him about this whole thing, of why they would claim a debt owed, when they chose to save him themselves. Sitting on a rock, he continued to watch the passerby's and city. His hair, messier and longer than before he lost his memory, was blowing easily in the wind, and Vadeyl remembered his first day awake.

Darkness, it was all he could remember, and a voice, a voice whose name he could not place, something about it made his power surge however. A gust of wind had apparently blown away the tents and supplies that had been nearby him as he had awoken. Looking up he lay there, unmoving, uncaring, the gift of life seemed wasted on this pathetic soul. He felt empty, like a void had entered his body and mind, and in truth, one seemingly had, as all his memories, all his past pains, and glories, his friends, family, everything seemed to vanish. Only a single word had remained in his head, "Wings". He would not forget the word, nor would he stop searching until he found what he was looking for. Cries of joy seemed to sound around him however, as the nomad's had found him safe, after the abrupt gale tore through their encampment. He looked at them with apathy, he felt nothing, and he almost wanted them to quit, and leave him be, let him die here, so that he would not have to feel the agony of remembering, or forgetting.

Vadeyl's memories of what happened seemed slightly different, almost as if he had been watching the scene unfold from a different set of eyes, uncaring, cold, and calculating eyes. Feeling tense, Vadeyl set a gust of wind around his body as he turned to face the elder. Walking over he stared directly into his eyes.

"I am who I am, and I am not in debt to you." The voice that spoke didn't seem to be his own, colder, more destructive, it sounded like something he would fight against, but no. It had been his own voice, and as he turned away and walked the path down to Caldera, the Elder called out one word.

"Aya."

Vadeyl turned to stare at him, his gaze unrelenting. It was the word he had spoken in his sleep, for three days and nights he had slept deeply, only muttering it in a worried tone, something about the word, or name, or whatever it was sounded familiar, and as he turned back to the city he inhaled deeply, and set off on his own. Whatever he found now was on him, whether he liked it or not, but first things first. He needed to find his cards.
User Image

Mercer stood before the boy eyeing him, waiting for his folly to complete. As the young man went for a rebuttal an elderly voice boomed out. " Now Denric, this man clearly knows his wares. We always have time for warriors in these times. I beg your apology, I'm selling my apprentices goods to the common folk at discount prices. It helps them and gives him a bit of experience in commerce. It also get the scrap metal out of my shop. What can I do for you?"

A satisfaction ran over Mercer like he had won something. "I mean no disrespect, sir. I need your expertise in repairs. " He said with slight humility. Mercer always knew who was in charge of the situation. Something he learned as a gladiator, there is always someone with more power. Mercer reached for his horses saddle bag and pulled out a large bag. In one good thrust of his arm he throw the bag to the old mans feet. The smith looks through it for a moment and then quickly looked about.

"Lets make trade in proper settings, come in, come in." The old mans voice said with the slight static of excitement. The old fellows eyes lit up for a moment as he caught sight of a ghost. "LADY AYA! Is that you there?" he called into the crowd to Mercer's left. Mercer was shocked what he saw, it really was a ghost.

Mercer stood frozen scared and alert, a woman to beautiful to be real. Her dress was mottled at the bottom and gleamed a silky white. A sword that only could be held in the hands of the dead on her back. Marks danced across her skin wrapping from her back to the peak of her shoulders. Marks written by dead men and women, people cut down by shades and nightmares. His instinct was to reach for his blade and to cut it down. Was this a shades cruel trick, a nightmares visage of torment? No shade or nightmare would stand so near to Mercer without attacking. An illusionist wouldn't know that language, there was only one truth to this being, she was a ghost.

"You coming too? Don't mind her she's a hero, ya'know?" The old man said pulling him back from the dark thoughts whispering to him. "You can trust her like she was royalty. She'll take care of us. Now both you come on in." The old man said as he turned and walked inside. Mercer stood perfectly still holding his stony expiration. His mind ripped and repeated those words "like she was royalty." It turned a carpenters drill, boring a hole deep into his skull.

Dangerous Seeker

Vadeyl -Rayne- Tantibus

User Image

Where: Walking around Caldera
Thoughts: [Who was I?]

He walked along the outskirts of the city, flipping a deck of cards through his hands. He figured walking around would probably be the best idea, if anyone knew him, they would say something, otherwise he hoped he would remember something. The sights of the city gave him no comfort though, as he watched people desperately trying to find help in whatever ways they could, from shelter, to helping with food and clothing. The siege that had apparently taken his memories had done all of this, and he couldn't remember any of it. As the light of the sun danced across the ground from behind a very oddly positioned tree, Vadeyl jumped up onto a branch. Even if he had forgotten who he was, he had remembered his abilities, and some new ones were taught to him by the caravan. They had guessed his element had become second nature for him to use, otherwise he most likely wouldn't have been able to pick it back up so fast.

Vadeyl watched the city from the tree, the hustle and bustle of Caldera wasn't odd, but it felt wrong for what had happened. He had heard that mostly the lower classes had been hit, since they lived nearer to the walls, and from the looks of it, they had been hit the hardest, but Vadeyl figured that if anything, they seemed to be recovering at an extraordinary rate.

Though one problem did occur to Vadeyl as he stood in the tree. He not only had no idea where the blacksmith was, he also had no money for food. Wondering what he was going to do, Vadeyl set down to wandering for now. Sightseeing was his best chance to figure out this place.

Moving about the city roads, Vadeyl watched a couple of kids playing ball, and then turned to see adults making trades and the like. He also noted the few people in the dark alley's, some turned to look at him, others continued on with their business, and very few hustled off at the sight of him, the look in their eyes feared something, but he guessed it was being caught. Ignoring them, Vadeyl continued wandering, after a while he noticed the guards where all watching him speculatively, they kept glancing from him to a piece of paper in their hands. After a while, after a couple games of coin toss and rock paper scissors, one of them seemed to work up the courage to come speak with him.

"Sir, might you come with us perhaps?" The guard was nervous as hell, and it seemed like he was afraid of Vadeyl, curious Vadeyl wanted to see what was on the paper.

"Why, if I may inquire?" he asked confidently, if he was some sort of criminal, then he would much rather not go with them, he would not like finding out he was a criminal and be sentenced to prison or death before he figured out who he was himself.

"Because our lord requests the presence of the elementalists who were sent here." Vadeyl's expression changed in an instant. Sent? it would explain why he couldn't feel any sense of nostalgia or anything from this city, but if so then who else had he been traveling with? an image of wings, popped into his head, as well as the name Aya. It clicked into place so well, he thought that it was a bird, possibly a pet? his? he had no idea, but he would rather explore a bit more and see if anything else could jog his memory, he also hated being around royalty or nobility. Now why would he hate that? It peaked his curiosity more than anything as he wandered off, completely oblivious to the now yelling guard. the citizens around were all staring at him in curiosity, wondering what he had done, some cringed as he passed by, others tried to block his way, but the gusts of wind made it difficult to do.

Eventually he was long gone and he assumed the guard had returned to report to his senior. Vadeyl remembered back to when he had woken up, and the young group of nomads who had been tending to him all ran away, all to report back to the elder. They kept calling him Vadeyl, as they brought the elder to him. When he had asked why he was being called that, the elder simply replied.

"It is an old term of a people long ago who called those who had forgotten themselves. Those people are long gone now, we are all that remains of the nomads."

Vadeyl was curious as to what his real name had been, but he had forgotten to ask who the guard had been looking for, which had caused Vadeyl to face palm himself for being so absent minded. He flipped a card over his palm as he lifted it up gently into the air, the Ace of spades. It was a card that Vadeyl associated with the most, and as he looked at the card, he figured something big would happen soon, what? he had no idea.

Fatcat

User Image

Aya's curious, assessing gaze switch from Mercer to the old blacksmith as he addressed Aya. Instantly her features melted, a warm smile spreading her lips and unlike most smiles she gave, this one managed to reach her icy silver blue eyes. She reached out and embraced the old man as they met right before his abode's door. " It's been a while, Rurik. I am sorry I did not come sooner." She admitted truthfully, urging him inside when he paused to respond. Aya went to follow, but paused inside the doorway to look over her shoulder at Mercer as he stood like a stone statue with intensely realistic eyes boring a hole straight through the back of her head, though she felt those eyes travel. It felt like someone assessing her as a threat and instinctively Aya narrowed her eyes at the man, the icey blue reflecting the light of the day like the glint of a dagger catching candlelight right before it met home in someone's throat.

Her voice, however, as she spoke was sweet and innocent, and a complete trained facade anyone skilled in socializing would see through immediately, " Gawking at people is quite rude." She smirked after she spoke, entering after the blacksmith with a slight shimmy of her hips and stubborn puffing of her chest in a display of superiority. Once inside the blacksmith's part-smithy part-house Aya let herself relax just a bit as to not worry Rurik as he turned to address Aya now that she was inside. " My wife and I went to visit you in the hospice. You looked.. well we were afraid you werent going to come out of your unconsciousness." Rurik seemed somber and it made Aya smile affectionately. " I tend to surprise people.." She responded under her breath before gesturing her hands outward. " I would like to scheme with your wife about new armor. " The woman smiled at her terminology. She remembered when she first got to know the pair, the blacksmith and his wife; a leather-worker, and Rurik mentioning how he didnt trust the two and their scheming. Aya couldnt help herself when Rurik scowled at her, his face wrinkling an impossible amount, she busted into a very unlady-like laugh that had Rurik blushing.

In the middle of her breakdown, Rurik's wife came out from behind a heavy flap of leather used as a door to separate the household from the blacksmith's shop. The woman was round and short, hair as dark as a raven and as long as a river, and skin that glowed with good health. " Rurik are you flirting with those gir-" She stood shocked in the arch that was the doorway as the flap of leather slid by her shoulder, once again hiding away it's inner contents. " Aya my dear! Oh my!" The "older" woman made her way to Aya, grabbing the "younger" girl up in a cherishing hold. " Dear god Emily, you're gonna squeeze the girl to death." Rurik exclaimed, shaking his head as he leaned against the nearest wall with his arms crossed tightly of her chest, but even though his voice sounded alarmed he was smiling happily at the reunion.
It was Aya who separated herself from Emily who brushed away some half-developed tears from her eyes.
" I must commission you for armor. I am afraid after the battle.." Aya paused to look up at the doorway before back at Emily, " my last armor was too heavily damaged to salvage." She paused again, her expression no longer warm but more worried. " Not to ruin our reunion, but I am in a hurry. Arius' army is on the move again, I heard, and I will not let it destroy another city like this one. " Aya's expression was stark serious by the time she finished speaking. Her eyes twinkled with a strong desire seemingly only reserved for stopping Arius.

Emily nodded grimly in response, " Good thing I have been thinking about you these past few days. I had a feeling you'd come to me and i've been working on a very unique armor style I've learned from some nomads that came through recently." Emily nodded. " Give me a moment and i'll bring you some sketched, yes?" Emily scurried off before Aya could respond and Aya simply shrugged when Rurik looked over at Aya questioningly.

In the moment she was waiting for Emily to come back, Aya watched Rurik walk over to the man from outside obviously to address him for business. Curious, Aya backed up to wait against the cold stone wall, her own arms crossed against her chest like Rurik's had been previously but the action made her bosoms rise and in her current attire, threatened to spill out at any given point. Aya seemed unaware, or uncaring by it however, as she calmly took in her environment then eyed Mercer with a steady look that could be described as nothing short of a glare.

User Image

Mercer stood staring at the ghostly woman, his two large merchant mats under arm. Rurick looked wisely at Mercer not sure what had gotten into him. Shaking away the shock and disbelief Mercer adjourned to business. He gently rested the mats on the ground revealing the stock of weaponry. A gladiator's dream rested on the floor a good twenty different weapons rested on the left mat. Every one handed one could ask for, katar, dagger, even a pair of gladii. The other set a rough ten two handed weapons. All were fair quality and well maintained.

"I simply need repairs. Will this do?" he asked dropping a saddle bag filled with silver and gold objects. Mercer was never good at mercantile, he more or less gave what he had. In this case all the riches he had came across during his past travels. The old man accepted eyes wide and shocked speechless. Mercer looked to the ghostly woman on last time thinking long and hard. Already knelt he simply turned his massive form toward her. " My lady Asealla." he said respectively and revealing his four wings. Two large enough to carry a man and two smaller darker colored ones just below them. The large wings were brown and gold while the other's were a darker almost black and brown look.

"I am Tellum of the Gwiaviel noble family." Mercer said in a continued quiet tone. Among his wings danced four shards of deference sizes and shapes. The stones were black and gold, with at least on smooth flat edge. Mercer made no attempt to move or look up. As well trained as he was he couldn't help but tremble with excitement. His fist shook under his weight as he awaited her response. Questions filled his head; How did she survive? What hard ships has she faced? It is a Tellum's duty to kill any there nobles wish. Raised from birth and trained to believe they are weapons. Taught to fight with all manner of weapons, they are capable have handling almost any foe. Given there combat training they are treated like an extension of the noble they a sworn to serve. Treated with respect and sharing the status of there nobles, they formed a sub-culture. The Tellum families followed their own laws toward marriage and family names.

It is by this sub-culture that Mercer was banished. Was it for the better? Would he have died that night with the rest of his people? Or perhaps he may have lived and helped Asealla through her hard ships and her battles, like any good Tellum?

Dangerous Seeker

Vadeyl -Rayne- Tantibus

User Image

Where: Flying towards the Dragon Marsh
Thoughts: [I Should've brought money!!]

He didn't move much from where he had been after the incident with the guards, Vadeyl knew that he would eventually have to leave the city to find out who he had been, he wanted to ask people around the city, but if he wasn't a local, then he doubted anyone would know who he was. Hopping off the ledge of a building he had been sitting on. As he moved past the crowds of people, Vadeyl eventually came to be in front of the Blacksmith's shop. He had heard of it from the nomad's, but he hadn't been allowed to go because of whatever reasons the nomads had made up. As of now, instead of wanting to go inside and see if he could collect any information, Vadeyl turned away, but instead of walking, his body began to hover some off the ground. He wasn't going to be stuck in this city any longer, and since nothing bound him here anymore he would explore the world until he figured out his past. The hustle and bustle of the street began to quiet down and watch as he floated, they held fear in their eyes as a man was flying in front of them! If it wasn't for the recent events, they may have all just walked by with a few uneasy glances, or some curious looks. As the air gathered around his body, he launched himself forward, shooting towards the sky and he laughed, joyously. He had forgotten many things, but the ability to fly was ingrained in him, he didn't know why, but it was.

The launch of the air was easily noticeable as doors flung closed and cloth overhangs nearly ripped from the force of the launch, dust remained in the air for quite a while, and all the citizens stood dumbfounded at what they had just seen.

Vadeyl floated in the sky, he had no map, and no idea where he was going. but he had a nagging idea to just head east, towards the coast, maybe he would come across a town or something as he made his way through that could give him the information he searched for. He would stop and land every so often to eat what little he had in his satchel, but Vadeyl would soon have to find a town, or else he would be forced to hunt in the wild for food and water, then again it would be cheaper than spending money in a town, money that he did not have.

Passing by a small caravan of merchants, Vadeyl dropped nearby, wondering if they could give him directions for any type of village or town that he could work in, even for a little while. The merchants happily gave the man the information, as they had just made a rather big transaction in one of the villages, pointing him southeast, towards the marshland he would come across many small villages, eventually he would hit the Dragon marsh, but the villages before then would be enough for pit stops.

Vadeyl quickly decided his plan, he would head towards the dragon marsh, maintaining his flight would be difficult, but it may help him remember some things. Stopping along the way he bought small increments of food, and attempted a few jobs that he barely passed at to make enough money for the next stop. A sad face seemed to engulf his features as he pathetically and hungrily made his way towards his destination.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff