Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gawker

User Image
sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏғ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛɴᴇss
ᴡʜᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴡʜᴀᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅs ɪɴ ғʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs...
I ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴏɴ ғɪʟᴍs ɪɴ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴛᴇʟʟs ᴍᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛʟʏ...ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

██████████████████████████ █████████ ██

"I swear I was a Prince, no, really! You think a handsome guy like me belongs in the gutters?"

Leonardo's audience, a very worn down canine, just stared at the young male, who seemed in a worst state than he. Unfortunately, Leo made a bad deal with the wrong crowd and, well, he couldn't pay up what he promised and got a beating of a lifetime. Of course, no one dare to intervene, especially since it was occurring in a rotten-looking alley way. Leonardo could have defended himself, but he knew guns would have been drawn and that would have been messy. He may have been stupid at times, but he knew when to stop, especially when it came to life and death.

"Well, I may not be handsome at this precise moment..."

God, he hoped he didn't look a fright! He was sure he did though, for they really took a beating at his face. He didn't even attempt to touch it, knowing how swollen it was. Thankfully, he could still see, his eyes not being effected from the scuffle. "But, I assure you, I was royalty! Once I get my memories back, you will be my loyal dog, alright?" A painful cough shook his body and some blood dribbled out of his mouth. "Ugh." He wiped away the blood, hoping he wasn't internally bleeding. Turning his attention back to the dog, the canine came a bit closer, enough for Leo to pat him on the head, which got the dog to wag his tail.

"Good boy."

Leonardo attempted a feeble smile, but it hurt too much to give his usually toothy grin. "Well, I might as well try and get some help, hm? I would be no use being dead, ay Fido?" The dog continued to wag its tail, being very pleased by the affection Leo was providing for the mangy mutt. The male tilted his head upwards, wondering if he could actually remember where the heck he was. He was sure he had gotten a slight concussion as well, but, what could he do? He was wishing that would jog his memory, but that was just foolish.

"Wish you could lend me a hand." He gave one last pat to the dog, whom now sniffed around, most likely looking for food now. "Maybe if I wait a bit, someone will come by?" Leo was propped up against a wall, which he believed was part of a bar, but he really had no idea. He attempted to shift, but everything screamed at him, his body refusing to move from its spot; it hurt way too much.

"I guess I have to come up with a Plan B..."
Wira Xysam, PhD

"Please approach the front desk mr..?" The Security officer paused. "Smith." replied a short stalky man dressed in a business like suit. The guard gave an askance look at 'Mr.Smith' then gestured for his data card. The short man handed the security officer a thin metalic card with a glowing screen that projected holographic data. Name, age, address, relocation permit. As the guard studied the data, several security cameras focused in on the short man. Security measures had been set up at every checkpoint throughout the dome cities. It took a significant amount of paperwork and money to move into a new city. Unless you were a good hacker.

After several minutes, the Security officer handed back the data card and nodded, "you're free to go." All of the information was clear, Cameras had confirmed a visual match with the card holder, and underground bullet trains confirmed him being on the scheduled passenger list. 'Mr.Smith' tipped his hat and smiled as he walked through the check point with a suitcase clenched tightly in hand.

Thirty minutes later, Security officers discovered aboard the bullet train the body of a short stalky man in a business like suit. Dead through several lacerations. Immediately the local authorities were informed. An investigation would soon be underway.

The Doctor moved quickly aboard the subway stations. Time was of the essence. It would take take security approximately twenty minutes, thirty if they were slack, to discover the body in the stall. Fortunately the subway systems were AI guided and provided optimal efficiency arriving from destination A to B to C. And within fifteen minutes, Dr. Wira was in the industrial district of the illustrious city. The easiest place to jack a new identity without stirring too much investigation. After all, no one was going to hire an investigator to find a lower class laborer. With a fairly measured level of competency, Dr.Wira patently waited as one of the factory workers left the site.
Wira Xysam, PhD

Jack Harper wasn't a rich man. As a matter of fact he was barely able to afford living in the city as it was. Desperate to transfer to the city, the only option available to a man like Jack was to take out a loan with one of the megacorps of the city. Of course he never realized just how lofty the interest on the loan was. Fortunately the magacorp Azo Industries was always looking for workers in their ever expanding factories. Of course the work was minimum wage. It was a quite subtle form of slavery that Jack desperately was searching for a way out of. Anything was better then this.

That's when Jack Harper noticed a short round man in a suit approach him on the lonely dark street. Suddenly the man pressed a button on his neck and the hologram vanished. Revealing a tall lanky man with red skin, a cybernetic neck and artifical arms. In the next second, Jack was dead.

Dr. Wira touched the corpse of the man he'd slain. Suddenly sensors disguised himself as Jack Harper as well as loaded his datacard ID into the dummy card Dr. Wira carried. "And now On to the real target." The factory worker smiled as as he pulled up on his datacard an image of a woman "Subject 3282. It won't be long now before I reclaim the genetic code you stole from us."

The hunt was on. It was a large city. But Wira Xysam, PhD had time. He was a patient and calculating man despite his memory loss. What little data remained of his research indicated that that genetic code was the key. The lone factory worker started off down into the subway station to plan.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aysun Astra

She waited for the woman's response, but before the woman could answer Aysun knew she was spotted. She heard the familiar footsteps of her guards entering and moving toward her. She wasted no time as she slipped from the stool and ducked onto her hands and knees. Using the bar as a guide she crawled through the crowd to the back wall where the kitchen must be. Standing up she pushed her way haphazardly through the swinging doors and into the back area.

The area was well lit as she glanced around to see any obstacles in her way. She needed to get out. She didn't want to go home just yet. Quickly she hurried past a group of cooks toward where she assumed a door was, but it was simply a closet. "Hey you whatcha doing! Get outta here" one of the cooks yelled at her.

"Door I need the door" she said but the cook was glad to show her the back door. She stumbled through and landed on the ground, scratching her knee some. At the same time she hadn't realized right away that she'd nearly plowed over someone in the back alley as well. She stood and turned as she heard the barking of a dog and then saw the faint outline for a person, "Are there two large men headed this way?" she asked suddenly, her heart racing.

Le Petite Libellule
Dillon Lavern, P.I.

Sitting at a table in the bar, Dillon was reviewing a domestic case he'd been working on. Wife suspects husband of cheating on her. Same old same old. After meeting with the wife, there hadn't been a question in his mind that her husband was cheating on her. It was collecting the data and proof that took time. Really the Private investigator had had just about enough of these domestic cases. Yet in a city as tightly under security as New Haven, there was little incentive to commit any truly interesting crime.

So Dillon sat there sipping his whiskey as he looked at the holograms of data over and over. During the course of the night, He made note of a girl who had entered the bar sometime ago. Really it would have gone on unnoticed save for the fact that her body language indicated that she was a little too focused on going unnoticed. Really it was not his business. But it piqued his curiosity and Dillon couldn't help but quietly observe the girl from the corner of his eye as he studied the datacard hologram.

Then Things started to get interesting as two tough looking gents entered the bar and the interesting girl made all efforts not to become noticed by the two men. One of the men walked over to the bar tender who made a gesture towards the back. Without another word, the men marched into the back without even asking.

"Interesting.." Dillon whispered to himself as he closed down the hologram and slipped his datacard into his pocket. Now this was something different. And Dillon was going to find out what exactly was going on.
Alexander and Alexandria

They had been traveling together when they lost their memories, this much they knew. They did not know why, or where they were headed just that they could not be separated. The one time they did both were stuck with panic attacks. Neither could remember what the other meant to them, how they knew each other, they could read each other and communicate with out talking. At this moment Alexandria was leaning on the railing of the bridge looking at the water as it rushed past. Her long Silver hair blowing in the wind wrapping around her electric green eyes. Alexander stood with his back to the water leaning against the same railing, his chin length black hair kicking around his ice blue eyes. He kicked off the railing and started to walk towards a bar, Alexandria followed. They had stayed here, neither really knew why but it felt right. They traveled until they reached the bar, with out speaking both walked up on to the stage, Alexandria picked up drumsticks and Alexander picked up his guitar. The two started playing music, this was how they survived, they would play music for the bar and in return they were allowed to use the attic room.
((welcome))
Dillon Lavern, P.I.

After paying for his drink, and tossing subtly out the window, Dillon moved onto the swinging doors the girl and two men entered. Inside Dillon had found the kitchen and discerned rather quickly the exit out. The Investigator casually walked past disgruntled cooks shouting at him without so much as acknowledging them.

Peering out the exit door Dillon hid behind, he spotted the girl, a young man who looked like he'd been roughed up, a dog, and the two imposing men from before. The two men had their backs facing Dillon. In fact it appeared to Dillon that no one noticed him hiding behind the ajar door. Now at this point, Dillon reasoned that he had the opportunity to ambush the men. With basically no information, that didn't seem to be a viable option. For all he knew, they were mega corp agents, whose affairs Dillon was better off not getting tangled up in. On the other hand, they could be local thugs hired to kidnap the girl for any number of deplorable reasons.

For now the Dillon would hide and listen. However being ready for if things turned sour, Dillon reached into his trench coat for his pistol.

((oooookay not sure if anyone is even still here but MOVING ON D: ))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aysun Astra

She could hear a clamoring behind her as she got back to her feet and backed away some. Her guards were starting to get worried for her safety, but Aysun just wanted a little more time alone. Was that too much to ask? Probably. She sighed a moment and turned toward the man on the floor, "You sound bad, here" she gave him a few credits to use, "Take care" she said with a smile as she turned and headed back toward the street.

She turned on the sidewalk and hurried forward. She had no clue where she was going, but the brisk night air against her face felt wonderful! She even smiled as she hurried forward and weaved effortlessly through people. The lights of the down town gave her enough contrast to easily see movement.

She did have to eventually stop to catch her breath, and did so over a small bridge that a stream ran over. She had no idea how far she'd gone or where in the city she was. It didn't occur to her that this wasn't exactly a 'safe' move. She just wanted some fun. Her chest was very tight from all the excitement as she leaned against the bridge to catch her breath. A small coughing fit began but after a few moments she calmed herself. This part of the city was very quiet and serene. She turned a moment to look out into the distance with a heavy sigh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff