Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
Akira & Jolynn Pierce
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jolynn slides off Imogen's back when prompted to. She is a little disoriented when she lands so she takes a moment to reorient herself with her surroundings. Once she does she peaks out from around Imogen to see who she is talking to. When she does she is in for quite the surprise. With a smile on her face she rushes over to her dad. “Dad!”

Akira turns around when a voice asks him if anyone had gone inside to find a small group of people standing there. They hadn't been there just a few minutes ago. They either came from inside or thy had come over the wall through the entrance. Before he has a chance to answer the woman's question; however, a familiar voice calls out running over. Akira can hardly believe his eyes. “Jolynn! Thank heavens. I was so worried.” He wraps his daughter in a hug. As he does he whispers. “No one has seen your arm?”

Jolynn shakes her head at her fathers question. She had kept her arm with the bite covered the entire time. It wouldn't be the first time a group had gotten scared and had chased them both out. Releasing her dad from her hug, she Gestures toward Imogen and Alestair and says, “They found me hiding and protected me. I made it here because of them.” Jolynn turns toward the building before asking, “Is this really the quarantine?”

Akira nods at her response before turning toward the group. “You kept my daughter safe? Thank you. Words can't express my gratitude.” He looks over the group as Jolynn asks about the building. “This is it, but... The group that volunteered to go inside hasn't come back yet and that was nearly twenty minutes ago... I'm assuming you saw them the signs? I fear this place may have failed as well. He pauses looking between the two groups, if they teamed up they would have a much better chance especially Aurora and him since they had their kids to look after. After turning to look at everyone, he says, “ So what should be do? Should we go in after the others or should we look around out here for other clues first?”

Phy Grl
TardisCupcake
I Lottle I
Shadow of Wednesday
eden prison
MyahM17
XLe Mad HatterX
Katsyna

izmeralda's Fav

Feral Genius

User Image

xxthe old devils are at it again
                        xxxxxxxand who knows what they'll do
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxit's true now like it was back then
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe old devils are at it again!

Damn April Mae and her connivin' ways- damn him that he couldn't fight back. He was suppose to the man of this here house and men don't ask yanks and other damn folk for directions- and yet here she was goin' to do that. Underminin' his authority and everything. They didn't even know if these folk were safe- though they were in Jacksonville so he had to assume they were yanks. Anything below the Oke and above the Everglades were damn yank territory. Plus the islands- but that was another thing entirely.

Damn it April Mae- if ye're gon' insist on this at least get behind me! The teen stomped his foot in a bit of a tantrum as his sister marched on ahead. He had his backpack on and most of his guns slung haphazardly on said backpack- save his rifle- but he still didn't feel safe enough with April Mae in front of him. She was with child.

At least Reba and Eugene could take care of themselves. Reba might a been a girl but she was a mighty tough s**t of a babe, at least.

Now if ya'll see someone you shoot it first- ask questions second, yeh hear me? I ain't trust none of these new folk. Less they're from our neighborhood, ya hear me?

Some of their kin folk and neighbors had split when the zombies came on up. Gon meet the family in Georgia or the Glades they said- only old cousin Buck and little Pearl had stayed home from the Cotton clan. Rest of them had packed up and left. Not good ol' Buck though. He was still holding the fort- was even gonna watch the place while they were gone.

”Feed the gators and pigs ya hear me, Buck? If any of those pigs get bad- just shoot 'em and feed 'em to the gators.”

”Yeh.”

Good ol' cousin Buck.

Thinkin' 'bout it now, though, Freddy Mae didn't know how good of an idea this pit stop was. Jacksonville had always been a bad town to him- now it looked even worse. Did anyone even live here? Well- sides them folk way up ahead.

Wait.

Dag ********' nabbit.

Ya'll see that s**t? That there the quarantine some of the neighbors were talkin' 'bout?

STATUSxxHe'd reckon he's fine.
                        LOCATIONxxApproaching the quarantine.
                        PARTYxxApril Mae . Reba . Eugene . Elvis . Poe
                        ITEMSxxBackpack: Sleeping Bag . Tarp . Canned Spam [x3] . Flask [Full of Water] . Water Bottles [x3] . Extra Ammo [x2] . Zipped Baggies Of Deer Sandwiches [x6] . Stuffed Toy Duck . Canned Dog Food [x3] . Extra Shirts [x2] . Extra Pants . Unopened Beer Bottles [x3] | Fanny Pack: Batteries [x2] . Flashlight
                        WEAPONSxxHunting Shotguns [x2] . Hunting Rifle . Machete . Survival Knife . Swiss Army Knife [x2] . Skinning Knife [x3]
                        OOCxxThey're not quite at the quarantine area yet- but they are approaching it.

Hunter

User Image
RAVI || MAHAL
and Tris
NORM
→immune←

ıη τhϵ dϵsϵrτ, ϒoυ doη'τ rϵϻϵϻbϵr ϒoυr ηαmϵ

It didn't take Ravi and Tris long to catch up with the rest of the group, Einstein and Tabitha following behind. While they walked, he fumbled with the radio, clumsily replacing the batteries with one hand while holding the radio in the other. He let the old batteries drop to the ground, and tried to turn the radio on, but the button still wouldn't work. As time passed, he tried jiggling it, hitting it, bumping it against the palm of his hand repeatedly, even working the handle of one of his knives into a particularly dirty joint to see if that would help. All of his efforts seemed fruitless until, at last, he managed to get the button to click in to place.

The small red light on the radio buzzed on, surprising him with its brightness. He grinned widely, then set about to searching for radio signals. He flipped through channel after channel, expecting at least one to be broadcasting some sort of signal from Jacksonville, but they all blasted nothing but static. He and Tris both winced at the sound, but they persevered, trying desperately to find some sign that Jacksonville was out there.

As time passed, something grew in the pit of his stomach. After some thought, he recognized it: disappointment. It was strange -- he had had so little to be hopeful about in the past few months that he'd almost forgotten what it felt like to have those hopes dashed. He shivered a little, although the temperature was reasonably warm. Something was very wrong.

And then there were the signs. Messy graffiti scrawled on buildings, on the pavement. Red spray paint, or...Ravi shook his head. He knew what blood looked like. This was not blood. "LEAVE", they warned. "TURN AROUND". And then, as they moved farther and farther along, the multitude of messages condensed to one: "RUN". Everywhere Ravi looked, the group was surrounded by it. "RUN."

He drew his pistol and held it in the palm of his hand, its familiar weight keeping him from bolting. Tris was not barking, so the danger wasn't immediate. Still, the desperation with which the messages had been scrawled, the slant of the words, the urgency of it all...and the silence on the radio, the deafening static. Not a single channel. No word from what was supposed to be the largest quarantine on the East Coast.

It wasn't right.

Finally, the group arrived at a high fence, standing in front of a towering metal wall. The fence was barbed at the top, uninviting. It looked like a prison, although Ravi knew that it was made to keep the outsiders out, not the insiders in. ...Right?

Ravi shook his head as though to chase the thoughts out of his ears. "I'll go check the gate," Alestair said to the group at large, and Ravi was almost disappointed that it opened. Suddenly, he didn't want to go inside. At the same time, he didn't want to be stuck out in the open alone, and the rest of the group seemed to be following Alestair, so he went with them, tucking his pistol back inside his belt. He hopped the fence without too much trouble, and Tris followed, her long legs helping her over in a single bound.

Once inside, Ravi's heart dropped even further. They were faced with a giant steel building, desolate and dark. He had expected a city behind these walls, bustling with people. Like old times. This was not what he'd thought it would be at all. Worst of all was the quiet. He turned on the radio again, flipped through the channels...but again, he heard nothing but static. He switched off the radio with more force than was necessary, and walked over to Alestair.

"Alestair," he began quietly, but he was cut off by Lacey's harsh words. "Really? You think this is a safe house? Look at it." Horribly, he found himself agreeing with her. "Alestair," he said again, more insistently this time. "There's nothing on the radio. No one is broadcasting anything." He shot a look at the foreboding building, at its cold, dead walls. "I think we -"

But before he could finish what he was going to say, he was cut off by a scream from Jolynn. He drew his gun hurriedly before he recognized her tone of voice: joy. "Dad!" she yelled, running from Imogen into the arms of the man who was approaching them. He was a young-looking father, but he held his daughter as though they belonged together. Ravi had to look away, flinching at the sudden and unexpected pain in his chest.

The man thanked them for looking after his daughter, a thanks that Ravi didn't acknowledge, as he hadn't done much for her himself. Guilt seethed in the back of his throat and bumped around his skull, blocking out the man's words until the last sentence. "Should we go in after the others?"

At this, Ravi had to speak. He had to say something. He couldn't bring himself to speak to this man, this father, so instead he turned again to Alestair. "We shouldn't go in there," he said. "I...don't think we'll find what we came here for."

cαυsϵ τhϵrϵ αıη'τ ηo oηϵ for τo gıvϵ ϒoυ ηo ηαϻϵ

User ImagexXxUser ImagexXxUser Image

OOC: | With: Alestair, Jolynn, Imogen, Ethel, Tabby, Deslin, Lacy, Scott, Akira, others in the area. | At Jacksonville.

Phy Grl

Fathi Boelli

I Lottle I

eden prison

Katsyna

XLe Mad HatterX

Shy Seeker

║▌│█│║▌║││█║Aurora Rosemary Black║▌│█│║▌║││█║
Mother,Redneck, and ready to fight

User Image

User Image

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Aurora stopped right beside Akira and watched the group go inside. All of the signs were scaring lavender and aurora. " It looks like it fell" She muttered under her breath and sighed as she looked at lavender. Lavender's red hair was pulled back into a high ponytail. Her cystal blue eyes sparkling as she looked up and her mother. Aurora held lavenders little hand as they stood looking at the door. Aurora quickly turned around when she heard a little girl yell "Dad"
                                        she watched as they embraced and smiled at him. They were happy for him. He found his daughter at last. "Hello" She said to the little girl. "Im Aurora and this little one is lavender."She looked back at Akira. " We should look around. This place has fallen. There should be guards and fences and people. LETS not go inside."

Where am i: In front of the Safe place
                                        Who am i with : Lavender, and lots of people
                                        Weapons: Semi auto colt pis
                                        tol with 12 bullets, handmade silencer and a crowbar
                                        Aurora's backpack: water bottle (mostly gone)4 cans of food. ( 2 meat, peas,corn) small mostly used first aid kit. Small bottle of alcohol, ear kit (lavender's) Watch batteries.Map of Florida,Texas,Louisiana, Mississippi. old revolver with no bullets
                                        Lavenders back pack: Water bottle ( half). 5 cans of baby food. Teddy bear, coloring book and mother goose book.

MyahM17""

Fathi Boelli
                                        Katsyna

RebelEagle's Partner

Blessed Prophet

i'll ( wrap ) up my bones andxxlxexaxvxexxthem.xxxx
                                                      out of this homexxxxout on the roadxxxxout of this homexxxxout on the roadxxxxout of this homexxxxout on the road
                                    ↻ ↻ ↻xxits spiraling down, fighting words like a ( wolf ) howling !
                                          hate is still spitting out at each others mouths but we're still sleeping like we're lovers hate is still spitting out at each others mouths but we're still sleeping like we're lovers

still with feet touching still with eyes meeting still our hands match still with hearts beating

User Image

one week into the trip to disney, and the morale was high- thanks to the younger two of the culpepper family. oh, man, you wouldn't believe the amount of energy that coursed through lil reba's veins, enough to take control of the front seat in the airboat, giving complaints when she was told to keep her body in the boat, and she was unable to stand on the front and give directions or warnings. well, that was a bunch of crocodile s**t, but it was fine enough, she guessed.

"lookkit!" every once in a while she'd say, pointing at something in the distance- sometimes a bird, sometimes a reptile- and give a big, goofy smile. "must be gettin' close now!" probably one of the tens of times she said it, and they weren't even close to their destination.

sometimes, she got tired from all of the moving around in the front seat, and she'd lay on the seat. sometimes, it was a scoldin' from freddy mae or april mae that woke her up, and other times, it'd be the water splashin' on her. oh, did she protest those damned splashes, but she was awake and alert after them.

it was a while into the day, and april mae put freddy mae into a headlock, with lil' reba watching from the front, even laughing when the curses started being thrown.

ask for directions, yeah, that sounded like a pretty decent idea. maybe she could even meet some of the other children and show them her collection of bones. that was a perfect plan!

of course, once the airboat was stashed and hidden away, she followed quickly after the elder two, making sure to keep eugene with her- always watch for the younger brother, you know.

she stopped when they stopped, and with a tilt of her head, she listened to freddy mae's question. confusion crossed her face as she stepped out behind them, eyes widening at what was ahead.

"quarantine...? s'there gonna be trouble?"

she sure hoped not.

xxxxxxxxxxtwo feet standing on a principle . backpack: sleeping bag, flask, bottled water [x2], deer sandwiches [x3], gator meat, bird bones [multiple sets], extra shirts [x2], extra shorts [x1], stuffed gator, nail file, brown scarf
                                                            xxxxxxxxxxtwo hands digging in each others wounds . april mae . freddy mae . eugene . poe . elvis
                                                            xxxxxxxxxxcold smoke seeping out of colder throats . jacksonville; approaching the quarantine.
                                                            xxxxxxxxxxdarkness falling, leaves nowhere to move . hello lil feral girl how u doin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(xxrebaxxxxculpepperxx)
User Image
SERINA

Serina eyed Solara when she talked about the RV, traveling by foot was tiring, why wasn't it mentioned before? Gabe looked at her and she shrugged, it wasn't her buisness. Kat said the group should get going, the twins grabbed their bags and walked out the door following Kat. The group walked in silence for the most part, everyone kept an eye out for the zombies and took turns clearing the way.

As they grew closer to the quarantine, the graffiti grew bigger and more threating "TURN BACK" "DANGER" "DEATH". The warnings made Gabe and Serina nervous, Serina walked a little closer to her brother, Gabe had his bow and arrow ready. Milo whined quietly but didn't seem extremely worried. When they reached the building it was dead silent, they couldn't here anything inside. Asher, Adam, Solara, and her sisters volunteered to go in. Have was about to but his sister grabbed him back. "Good luck" he said to all of them, and they disappeared.

5, 10, 40 minutes could have passed, they didn't know. Suddenly a shout started them "DADDY!" Serina and Gabe flew around in time to see a little girl run to Akria. They both untensed slightly and Gabe smiled, there could be happiness in a time that was so dark and miserable. Serina looked away, it seemed like a private moment. She suddenly realized that Milo was running off, he was sprinting toward the other group. "MILO!" she called after him and ran after him. [colr=deepskyblue] "I'm so sorry" she said quietly to the owner of the dog Milo had run after. She suddenly realized she was near a bigger group of people she didn't know. Her blue eyes widened and she stepped back "Come on Milo" she said lowly to the German Shepard who was trying to make friends. She looked at Gabe with panicked eyes hoping the group wouldn't feel threated by her. She backed away showing her hands. "I'm really sorry" she said again.

GABE GEORGE
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Location:Outside the quarantine, with the church group, and Joylnn's group.

Phy Grl

TardisCupcake

I Lottle I

Shadow of Wednesday

eden prison

XLe Mad HatterX

Katsyna

Fathi Boelli

Shy Friend

User ImageUser Image

-xYukiro | Heisoku | Connor*~

It was a while later that the twins had managed to regroup and were finally coming up on the quarantine. Now being out from under the canopy of the forest, now towards the edge of the swamp, they were far more exposed to the sunlight as their shoes were sucked into the mud on occasion. Though warm and humid, at this point Yukiro had to pull the hood of his hoodie up over his face in protection. Safe to say, conditions certainly weren't optimal at this point.

"So they managed to escape then?" Yukiro asked as Connor recounted what happened.

Connor nodded, smiling a little. "They did," he replied. His smile faded a little. "Sounded rather frightened of me though."

"Well, you can't blame them. Everyone's already been through enough shite with strangers as it is. And with a small child on board..."

Connor nodded. "I know," he replied. "The important thing is that they managed to escape those zombies."

"All thanks to you," Yukiro pointed out. Eyeing Connor, he asked for the umpteenth time, "Are you sure you're alright?"

Connor nodded. "I know I am," he replied. "I don't believe I sustained any noticeable injury when fighting those things. They wouldn't even really attack me anyway. And you pretty much checked earlier."

After all, as they had learned practically towards the beginning of him waking up with his new condition, it was important for Yukiro to be the one to check for injuries. As a rebirth, he couldn't really feel pain now. And then on top of it, couldn't really see anything, so it was very easy for him to miss any cuts and scratches and whatnot. Though his other senses were keen and he did what he could to make up for his own deficiencies, he could only stretch it so far. A shame he couldn't check himself for injury too well.

"Right. I just worry. You know that," Yukiro replied with a sigh, swatting away at another mosquito that tried landing on his face. "Especially considering-" His voice fell short as he heard something approach, something that sounded motorized?...and then voices. He glanced over at his brother before tugging him along, quickening their pace. Anyone who still had motor access, who knew who that could be? If it was anyone dangerous, it could mean some serious trouble for them.

"Hold on," Connor murmured, slowing a bit, much to his brother's dismay. "I hear children and I think they just want some directions." He paused. "Anyway it sounds like there's a large group of people up ahead."

"Then let them ask for directions from that group of people. We barely know where we're going ourselves," Yukiro replied, sighing when he saw Connor shake his head and move to approach the voices. "Connor, this is stupid. You're going to get us both killed. Or worse."

"It's not you-know-who, if that's what you're worried about," Connor replied as he walked on up ahead. "We don't need the map anymore, right? We practically have the quarantine in our sights."

"We think we do. We're not entirely positive, we just know that it's probably Jacksonville- Connor!" Yukiro growled lightly with frustration as he followed, eyes too busy focusing on his twin and anything that could be up ahead in the distance to notice whatever solid thing he had collided with until it was too late. Scrambling back with his glaive at the ready in case it was another zombie, he blinked a few times upon realizing that hey, it was just a kid. A very live kid.

"...Um...hello," he said awkwardly, still somewhat wary but slightly relieved. "Connor, I think I found one of those kids."

Yukiro's Inventory: 2 cans of tuna, two water bottles (one and a half-filled), two boxes of matches, a lighter (half-filled), a blanket, one change of clothes, three tea candles, one flashlight, a couple firecrackers, one camping pot, one metal pipe, and a glaive
Company: Connor-- >Connor and Eugene

Connor's Inventory: 1 can of string beans, two water bottles (filled with 'tea'...actually water and blood), one blanket, one change of clothes, one candle, one switchblade, one first aid kit, one roll of duct tape, and a staff
Company: Yukiro-- > Yukiro and Eugene

Cuddly Grunny

36,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Is the end of the world
Or just the start of the fight
You better heed my warning
And watch out for their BITE

User Image
<|Ayler Teravius|>

Ayler went to the edge of the roof to see if they had managed to attract any zombies, sighing when he saw a couple at the other end of the alley who would probably cause issues if they weren't quick. Luckily, Abby had her stuff packed quickly and was ready to go. They made their way quickly to his roof, him jumping to get the ladder down and allowing her to go up first so he could secure the ladder with his bit of rope. He made his way up after her and grinned as she inspected his little shelter. He made his way over to the shelter and pulled a camping pot out of it, before heading over to where he had set up a makeshift fireplace from some bricks, half a piece of a cinderblock sitting to the side. After lighting a small fire with some of the wood he had managed to collect from a hardware store down the street, he turned towards Abby, only to see her looking at the spot she had spent the night.

"Oui," Ayler said, walking over to her. "You were in plain sight, but I couldn't really tell anything about you, wrapped up as you were." He laughed and turned back towards the small fire. "I have a small pot and some water from the bucket, if you want to make that coffee stuff," he said, and set his backpack down on the roof. He squatted down next to it and pulled his can of chili and the can opener from the inside, quickly removing the can's label and opening it, before setting it on a grate of sorts he had rigged over the fire from a rooftop air vent. "Breakfast shall be served in a few minutes, mademoiselle," he said with a grin, gesturing for her to sit.

They have a taste for your flesh
And for your blood they will crave
They're coming for us now
From beyond the grave

((Location: At his rooftop camp.))
((Company: Abby.))
((Inventory: In backpack: Medical supplies, two bottles of water, a can of chili, a can opener.))
((Weapons: Axe and folding knife.))

Xashira

Cuddly Grunny

36,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Listen to me, save yourself
There is no more room in hell
I will help you understand

User Image~Orien Sindale and Kalahari Sindale~User Image

Orien helped Danny sit up more when he tried to, and nodded when he thanked her for the medicine. "We're heading to the same place then!" Orien said, grinning. "That means you can travel with me and Kally!" She had hoped the boy was heading in the same direction. She hadn't liked the idea of leaving him behind at all. A kid shouldn't have to travel alone in this sort of world. It just wasn't safe, both from the zombies as well as other people, as the broken bodies of the thugs showed. He would be safer with the twins, especially if Kally kept up her aggression to thugs.

Kally held out a hand towards Danny and pulled him to his feet as a couple zombies began banging on the windows. She nodded to Danny as she scooped up his supplies that has been pulled from the pack but the thugs back in before handing it back to him to wear. She glanced over at her twin, who had gotten to her feet and re-donned her pack, sticking the water bottle back in it. "Yeah, you're right," she whispered, "time to go!" She looked around the room and spotted a small emergency exit that headed out the back and quietly opened it, looking around for zombies. "So far, so good," she whispered, and gestured for the other two to follow her, her hurley stick held high.

Orien took Danny's hand, even though she knew he probably felt he was too old for that sort of thing, and pulled him to the door and out the back into an alley. They quickly made their way out to the main road, managing to avoid any zombies for the moment, as they were all headed towards the front of the store they had been hiding in. The twins were keeping an eye out for both attacking zombies and for a place they could hide out, but so far seemed to be out of luck.

After walking for about an hour, Kally spotted a restaurant that seemed to be intact, the doors unbroken. Gesturing towards it, she made her way inside, dispatching a lone zombie who had been lurking inside before gesturing for the other two to come in. Orien sat Danny down at one of the tables and then helped her twin block the doors so no one, and nothing, could get in. "I wonder if there's any food left..." Orien whispered with a small grin, disappearing into the kitchen area.

Come with me now
Take my hand
We can make it through this

((Location: 7-Eleven store ---> A random restaurant.))
((Company: Kally and Danny, plus a couple of thugs who may or may not be alive))
((Inventory: ))
Orien's: In backpack: Sketchbook and graph paper, two .9mm mechanical pencils, a pack of lead and erasers, several packs of top ramen, two packs of hair ties, can opener, 5 cans of tuna, bandages, two bottles of water. In a purse: Lots of.. umm... female items, a couple bars of soap, a few travel size shampoo bottles, a half-used bottle of aleve, wallet with a now-pointless driver's license and some other personal papers, just in case, and a couple bottles of sunscreen, one half used up.

Kally's: In backpack: Two paperback books (first aid and one on edible plants), a can opener, 4 cans of mixed veggies, two small jars of peanut butter, two camping utensils, several packets of seeds kept in a ziplock bag to keep them dry, two lighters and a pack of matches in another ziplock bag, a box of aluminum foil, first aid kit, and two sealed bags of powdered milk, and two bottles of water. In purse: several photographs that the twins treasure (kept in a gallon-sized ziplock bag), folding knife, chapstick, hairbrush.

Weapons: bows and arrows, one hurley stick, two hunting knives, one machete))
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

k a t r i n a ( k a t ) m o o r e
                                          █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Kat waited impatiently for close to twenty minutes. Twenty minutes? And no sign of the group that went in? Her heart, if she had one, would've sank right into her stomach. She was leaning against the door waiting, impatiently. She was tapping her foot nervously as she waited with the now small group. Suddenly, another group hopped over the metal wall. Kat was already on edge, but this threw her over the edge. Without a thought she gripped her hatchet tightly in her hands and lifted it in defense, as if she were going to attack. Once she blinked a few times, breathing heavily, an apologetic look swept across her face. These people seemed to mean no harm. They were just more survivors looking to get into the quarantine. The supposed safe house. Kat lowered her bloodied hatchet and couldn't help but crack a smile when Akira was reunited with her daughter. So, thats what loved look like. She wished she had something like that. A few months before the apocalypse had begun, she miscarried. And in all honesty, she was glad. She would've hated to bring an innocent child into a world of hell.

Kat stood off to the side near the door as the group chatted among themselves. None of them were rebirths, or none were from what she could tell. They were all living. Which made her hunger sort of grow. It was a nagging thing really. She would need to feed soon unfortunately. She was about introduce herself to the group, but instead made a last second decision, "I'm going inside to check on that group we sent in. Stupid idea, probably, but I need to see whats inside. I promise I'll be fine, don't send anybody in after me," She exclaimed, and at that she pried open the heavy metal door and entered, slamming it shut behind her.

Now she was inside. She took in a deep breath, and the smell of rotting flesh filled her nostrils. It was bad, very bad, and strong. Although the smell didn't bother her one bit. She knew the presence of this stench was never a good sign. Ever. As she took small steps deeper and deeper into the tunnel-like system of the quarantine, it became evident that the place was completely overrun with the undead. She could hear their loud moans and groans coming from inside rooms, and blood was everywhere. Including dead, mangled bodies. Most likely from the ones who tried to settle here in the beginning. It was sad. She stepped around the dead bodies and around the undead.

Suddenly, someone yelled from within the quarantine. There were people still alive?! "Hello?" She called, but her call was to quiet for anybody to hear over the groans of the undead. She began to quicken her pace, hopping over any obstacles in her way. A small hall, close to en entrance, seemed to be slightly cleared and there were the culprits. A blonde male screaming at a brunette female to run. Run. Kat's eyes widened as she turned her attention to the door that they had been running from. Inside, the noises were so loud, and so disgusting, it made Kat cringe. What was inside? She slowly opened the door and poked her head inside. There was a massive horde of zombies - so many that there wasn't even enough room for her to walk. As she got a sinking feeling inside of her stomach, she pushed past them, they grunted and moaned but ignored her nonetheless. As she got to the middle of the horde, her hands flew up to her mouth and she gasped in shock. There were her fellow group mates, body parts and all. In short, they were no longer recognizable. And there was Adams beanie, and his mangled body off to the side. He was, no doubt, dead.

Kat let out a ferocious scream as she lifted her hatchet and began hacking at the zombies that were trying to eat Adam, "No, no, no, no, no!" She screamed over and over again as tears spilled down her face. Blood splashed all over her until she was practically covered. It was not a good scene. She hacked about eight zombies down before she collapsed to her knees, crying hysterically. Her only goal, since becoming one of the undead, was to protect and save Adam. And she had failed. It as his fault! No, it was hers! She let him go! She looked down at his now mutilated face. He was gone forever, "No, no this isn't real. ********, ********, ********, no. God, no. Please. The only people I've cared about in so long and..." She trailed off in broken sobs as she turned her head to the mangled body of Asher. It was his body, alright. But the zombies weren't touching him - obviously because he was a rebirth. Kat crawled closer to him, shoving any zombies out of the way. As she neared, she realized why he was dead now. His head wasn't even attached to his body. What had done this?

The answer to her question was right off in the corner of the room. Just as she stood up, covered in blood, a loud roar echoed throughout the room. Then, it revealed itself. A mutant stood up from the ground, towering at atleast seven feet. Kat's eyes widened, she knew this wasn't good news to anybody in this room - including the undead. The mutant began barreling its way through the undead, flinging them against the walls and completely crushing them into nothing. Kat let out a blood curdling scream as she made a run for it. She managed to get out of the door, but there was no time to shut it - literally no time. She sprinted down the hall as the mutant ran after her, his large foot steps made the whole building feel like it was shaking.

One, two, three, four, five. Kat counted the seconds to safety. Just as she hit five, she burst through the metal door, the mutant wasn't far behind her. She swung the door open wide enough for both groups to now see the mutant running after her. If that wasn't proof that this place was another failure, then she didn't know what was. Once again, just in time she slammed the door shut and she could feel the mutant slam hard into the metal door, denting it slightly. But it was too hard to break, and the thing wasn't smart enough to open the door. Thank god. Kat was breathing heavily and unevenly, covered in blood. It wasn't a pretty sight. She couldn't manage to utter even a single word. Just stared at the group, bewildered by what just happened. She only hoped that she didn't scare the children too much.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxNATALIE BLYTHE SEARS !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - - norm

Natalie nodded, with a sigh, as Peter stated that they were going in. Part of her wanted to go in and check things out, and part of her wanted to stay out here. She followed directly behind him, her heart pounding hard against her chest. In all seriousness, she was terrified of what she was going to find behind the door. As she entered, the smell of rotting flesh and decay hit her so hard she gagged a little. She held her hand over her mouth in shock - this was definitely not a good sign. But she kept quiet nonetheless, she didn't want to frighten anybody or attract any unwanted guests. The lighting was dim and constantly flickering - like they were in some sort of horror movies. Or at least thats how Natalie felt. Either way, her heart rate was probably through the roof.

Peter peered inside a door, and Natalie looked the other way. There was no way she wanted to see what was behind that door, because as soon as he opened it the sound of moans and groans was so loud it was too difficult to ignore. She knew this place was a failure now, her hope was lost. Gone. Just like everybody in this quarantine. Peter slowly shut the door and Natalie turned to face him, her eyes filled with concern. He uttered one word, and one word only. Run. The word sent chills running down Natalie's spine as she took everything in. They weren't going to last much longer in this quarantine. Natalie turned and began to run, fast. Thats when she heard a commotion, and Peter yelled run. Natalie's speed picked up, she was actually pretty quick, the zombie apocalypse had done that for her. She glanced back, and Peter was shutting one of the hallway doors. Natalie almost stopped, she almost stopped for him, but she knew he would have been pissed. And that could also put their lives in danger. So she kept running, praying, praying that he would get out in time with her. She wasn't sure what she would do without Peter now.

As the door that they had entered came into sight, she managed to smile a little Finally, it was almost all over. The finish line. She was running so fast, she had a hard time slowing down. She slammed into the door and it swung open. Fresh air. No zombies. She grabbed the door just before it began to swing back shut and held it, ]"Come on!" She yelled to Peter urgently, he wasn't far behind her. He was almost to her once again. So close.

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
eugene clyde culpepper
and poe

User Image

Unharmed ;; status
    Jacksonville . Approaching the Quarantine ;; location
    April Mae . Freddy Mae . Reba . Elvis . Connor . Yukiro ;; party
    Backpack: Water Bottle [x2] . Zipped Baggy of Deer Sandwich [x2] . Sleeping Bag . Fishing Pole [x2] . Tackle Box [With Hooks and Lures] . Mini Potatoes, Bagged [x14] . Radishes, Bagged [x9] . Spare Shirt [x2] . Spare Pants . Swiss Army Knife ;; items
    Potato Gun . Hunting Knife . Skinning Knife [x2] ;; weapons
    Poe you no-good lazy bird butt ;; ooc

As was his wont when trekking away from the boat, Eugene kept his spud shooter tucked snug against his chest and his eyes and ears sharp. He trusted Poe to warn the family if there were any shamblers headed their way, but living folks could be just as deadly, and they could be a lot sneakier. He wasn't a trigger happy kid by any means, not by a long shot if he took all his various relatives into account, but any self-respecting Culpepper knew his or her way around a firearm, even if the Culpepper in question was still a few years shy of being a man, and the firearm was a homebrewed potato gun rigged from spare parts.

"Git on, Poe," he muttered, shrugging his shoulder to dislodge the sleek black crow perched there. "Anything walks this way on two legs, I want to hear about it." Poe flapped into the air with a raucous squawk, flapped around Eugene's head for a moment while the boy waved an arm to shoo the bird away, then soared up and into the city. Poe was a mighty fine bird, but sometimes he needed to be prodded into usefulness.

After that the walk was quiet enough, 'cause of course only a fool would go gabbin' at every opportunity without the roar of the airboat to cover their mutterings, and Culpeppers weren't no fools. Eugene stuck close to Reba, following his older brother's lead and putting on a brave face even though he didn't like the look of this dusty ghost town one bit. He could hear mutterings and shufflings all around, he swore it, and this so-called quarantine looked queer as hell. They didn't need to be here askin' for directions. He wished he were back in the boat.

"I don't like the look of it," he complained, glancing at the sky for a sign of Poe. The bird was nowhere to be seen, but he'd probably just found a carcass to pick at. He'd find 'em when he was ready. "No one sane'd set foot in- AUUUGH!"

Eugene jumped about a foot when someone blundered out from behind a building and smacked right into him, stumbling back and bumping into Reba in the process. In a split second he had his spud gun leveled at the rogue's head. "Git away if ya don't want yer face shot off!" He meant it to sound big and fearsome, but his voice squeaked a bit on the last bit. Dang it.

User Image

Shy Friend

~*Abby O'Brien*~

We climbed from the ruins
to see what remained
And one by one, we felt the sun
and prepared to start again

User Image
Abby nodded and walked over to where the fire was, grabbing the camping pot and filling it with water to set on the grate, then easing into a sitting position while favoring her right leg a bit. And of course, always keeping her hurley stick nearby. She pulled a small ziplock baggy of the yaupon holly leaves out of her backpack and poured about half a handful into one of her small hands, then took the stick he had used to poke her with and stabbed it through the leaves.

"Thanks. Just a heads up, this may be a bit weak due to rationing, but I think it'll be good enough. I gathered this stuff up in Georgia not too long ago; not sure if it grows at all down here in Florida. They're yaupon holly leaves though," she explained. "This drink is known as the white drink due to the foam on top if you're Native American; the black drink due to the beverage itself if you're a colonist. Native Americans would use it as a ceremonial drink. It's technically a tea, but it tastes like black coffee and it's just as caffeinated, so...sorry I don't really have any sugar or creamer, but it's something." She shrugged.

It felt good to talk to someone again, especially about archaeology. Granted, she was probably rambling a bit and he probably wasn't entirely listening (if at all), but she had just met the guy and maybe telling him what all this stuff was helped a bit with assurances that this wasn't a potential herb that could poison him and let her take his stuff. Holding the leaves over the fire like marshmallows, she turned them on occasion, allowing them to roast. They would need to before she put them into the water to brew.

Letting her eyes wander around the site again, her eyes came to rest on the partial cinderblock-wait.

Turning a flat expression towards him, she asked dryly, "...Really? Really? You seriously only needed part of the cinderblock?" But then she shook her head and sighed. She really shouldn't be giving this guy a hard time, not when he was willing to lend her a helping hand. "You're...odd. But thank you. Seriously." She offered him another attempted smile-it had really been a long time since the last time she'd really done so, so she was a bit out of practice. Not to mention she still wasn't completely sure she trusted this guy but...he was turning out fairly decent. Okay, cool. Even if it was just for now, this whole little hangout was going fairly okay, and the company was making this pretty tolerable.

"So. Where you headed, stranger?"

But there was no time to look behind;
we needed to rebuild
Braver deeds are still to come,
and destinies fulfilled

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Inventory: Pine bark (cut into thin strips) and needles, wild onion grass, yaupon holly leaves, small bundle of magnolia leaves, 1 cucumber, moss, 2 bottles of water, 3 flashdrives, flashlight keychain, 1 piece of blue chalk, 1 kneeling pad, 10 small ziplock bags, 1 small tarp, a length of string, 2 bungee cords (for luggage), 1 notebook, 3 mechanical pencils, 1 case of lead, 1 pen, 7 bandaids, 12 Ibuprofin pills, 2 pieces of flint, 1 change of clothes, a sliotar, a silver necklace of St. Brigid's cross, a silver locket with a small clock inside, a hurley stick, a switchblade, a Marshalltown trowel (Philadelphia style, holstered) and an excavation spade
Company: Ayler

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxN A D I Y A C É L E S T E R O U S S E A U
xxxxx I HAVE HEARD x THE LANGUAGES x OF APOCALYPSE AND NOW x I SHALL EMBRACE x THE SILENCE
xxxx████████████ x ███████████ x ████████████

User Image

Nadiya's eyes shifted to the door as someone opened it - Noah. He told her to come on, and that they were leaving soon. She nodded, "Alright, give me a minute," She exclaimed as she moved to the door that he had left open and shut it. She walked over to her bag in which she had a decent change of clothes. She unzipped the bag and rummaged through it, grabbing a wrinkly peach tanktop and a pair of cloth gray shorts - good enough. She slipped off the dirty clothes that she had been wearing for awhile and into the new - or at least as new as it was going to get - clothes. She stuffed the dirty clothes into her bag and tossed her bag on her back, grabbing her bat and heading to the living room with the boys. She entered just as Jason said that they should head out to the quarantine, "Right," She said, her French accent barely making itself noticeable. And with that, Jason, Noah and Nadiya exited the apartment cautiously and were off.

The trip to the quarantine was rather uneventful. They took the longer way in order to avoid the heart of the city - for good reasons. They only ran into a few zombies here and there, but nothing they couldn't handle. As they neared the quarantine, there were signs that were spray painted over in red with words that made her cringe. Run, Don't look back, Turn around, etc. It made Nadiya terrified, "H-Hopefully this is some kind of - er - joke," She said, her thick French accent making itself very noticeable now. They continued on, refusing to turn back. Plus, she knew how head-set Jason was on finding his cousin, Aberdeen. And since he had helped her, or at least had intentions too, she was for sure going to help him in his search no matter what.

As they neared the fence of the quarantine, Nadiya put her hands through the links and looked up at the large steel building. This wasn't exactly what she was expecting. Plus, where were all of the people? It seemed eerie, dead silent. It gave Nadiya a bad feeling in her stomach. She gulped heavily, "Uh, I'll look for an-" She stopped mid sentence as her eye caught on a gate that was already ajar. Aha! She motioned for the two men to follow her as she slipped inside, waiting for them to follow behind her. Once inside, she stared at the metal gate, "Looks like were going to have to hop this," She said, eyeing it up and down. It wasn't tall at all - about the same height as her - so it would be easy to climb over. She backed up, then sprung forward, hooking her arms around to the other side of the gate. She made a light grunting noise as she hoisted herself over. She crawled over the top and dropped to the ground with a light thud.

Once she was on the ground on the other side, she whirled around on the ball of her heel to a voice. A womans voice. "Come on!" It was urgent, a cry to someone. Nadiya focused her eyes on a petite brunette woman who was holding the door open. Nadiya shifted her eyes to the person she was calling out too - inside the quarantine. He was running, running from something. Thats when Nadiya saw it. Two runners busted down a door with ease and started sprinting after him. Oh god! Nadiya's hands flew up to her mouth - she was too frozen in shock to do anything. She tended to do that in situations like this. But it's not like there was anything she could had done otherwise. Was this man going to make it?

Shy Seeker

║▌│█│║▌║││█║Aurora Rosemary Black║▌│█│║▌║││█║
Mother,Redneck, and ready to fight

User Image

User Image

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Aurora sighed as she listened to the people around her talk.She wasnt used to being around a lot of people. Before all this happened she was a loner. She never had many friends and didnt like to be very social. She gabbed lavender's hand and asked it she wanted to be pickup. Lavender shook her head and skipped around her mother humming ring around the rosies. Aurora rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath " Going through her want to be a grown up phase" That would be very dangerous under these circumstances. Kat speaking broke her out of her mind. She wanted to say something to kat but knew she wouldnt listen to her. She had a feeling that kat was stubborn.

In about ten minutes she sees kat running out of the door keeping it open long enough for Aurora and Lavender to see this big zombie like monster with rotting flesh and morphed arms running at the door. Aurora screams at kat "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? " Picking up lavender in a swift motion, She covered lavenders eyes as lavender started to cry and scream into her mothers arms. Aurora mutters to lavender "That the monster is gone Its ok" She patted her daughters back.

Aurora tried to keep her cool for her daughter. She looked over at the group for and explanation.

Where am i: In front of the Safe place
                                        Who am i with : Lavender, and lots of people
                                        Weapons: Semi auto colt pis
                                        tol with 12 bullets, handmade silencer and a crowbar
                                        Aurora's backpack: water bottle (mostly gone)4 cans of food. ( 2 meat, peas,corn) small mostly used first aid kit. Small bottle of alcohol, ear kit (lavender's) Watch batteries.Map of Florida,Texas,Louisiana, Mississippi. old revolver with no bullets
                                        Lavenders back pack: Water bottle ( half). 5 cans of baby food. Teddy bear, coloring book and mother goose book.

MyahM17""

Fathi Boelli
                                        Katsyna

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out