Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Doctor Annaleya Dae

Ann, sat in her chair in one of the small medical rooms. The building was hers. The tax on it was heavy but it was satisfactorily clean and sterile. The building had one operating room, four check up rooms, supplies vault, file room which doubled as her office, and finally the waiting room. The outside of the room looked like the rest of the city, clean enough but not pearly white like some buildings in the nicer parts of the city. This profession allowed her the luxury of being allowed to have a vehicle to transport herself to her patients and her patients to her building if need be.

In this 'office' was metal cabinets filled with files on the patients of the city and any information on their medical history. Each cabinet held a small round lock that a key needed to be inserted if you wanted access. The only one with access was the Doctor herself, she kept the key hidden and a spare also hidden. At her desk she sat on the chair, tapping a pencil to a notebook as she was taking notes from a book. It seemed like she was researching something. That is when her phone rang, the red dot blinking frantically. Her receptionist, the elderly lady on the other side of the wall was calling, and when she called and the light blinked it meant it was a soldier. When she picked the phone on the receiver, the elderly lady on the other side used a voice that was automatic like a machine, and yet she said very little at all.

"Male victim, shot. Sector Z. Mhmmm. I got it." She said as she wrote the address down. "Hold all my patients, and page me if its an emergency. I have to take the van." She said finally as she hung up the phone and grabbed a bag that held supplies with her. She left her office with speed like a life depended on it, and to her every patient mattered. When she found the side door that led to where the van was she walked around it and got in the car. The van was sleek white, with red markings that showed it was medical. All the windows were tinted to prevent anyone from looking inside. Inside there was more medical supplies, and a gurney if need be. This van was always stocked with fresh supplies, she made sure of it. This van was her baby and it helped her help people of the city. Soldier and Citizens alike.

When the van moved, people moved out of her way. It was like she had this ability to make it move but most understood that she was one of the few who could help their families if something ever happened to them. Smiles were given to the driver despite that she could not be seen. Without that many vehicles on the road it took less time to reach the sectors than it would if everyone drove. Buses were usually the only thing with wheels in this part of the area. Sector Z was full of people with illness or lack of fortune and it made Ann's stomach curdle when she wanted to help everyone. The building with the address on it was rather run down but she got out of her van, with her supply bag and locked the van back up. The building was more homey on the inside, until the bullet holes and the stench of blood and dead body found its way into her nose. In reaction she covered it and looked over and found the soldier in need of help.

Ann crept closer to the soldier, she did not see any pools of blood but she saw indention from bullets. However, she also remembered some of the soldiers had special armor. "I am Doctor Annaleya Dae." She said smoothly as she knelt near him. "What is your name and what happened?" She asked professionally looking him over. She lay her delicate hand on his chest, feeling the cool metal beneath it. The armor was in her way. "I will need you to take off your shirt and armor sir." She said softly as she watched him with red eyes, the amber mixing inside her eyes. "If you cannot I can assist in order to assess your wounds better." She said seriously as she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. The leather bag by her side, and until he told her the information she could only assess so much of what to do to help him.

Tipsy Cat

User Image

Ivann Mc'Rorry

Sitting, awaiting the medic he had just requested Ivann kicked the mans leg, "Freakin' trash." He said quietly as he pulled out a cigarette. It probably wasn't the best of ideas, but you get shot and have to wait around, see what you do. When he inhaled he could feel one of his ribs pinching. He knew that something was up when he seen the size of the mans rifle. Thank god it wasn't a 50 caliber, but a 7.62x54 hurt just as well. He took another drag from his smoke checking his wrist watch for the time, "Ten minutes. Not bad." He said to him self, referring to what sounded like a car pulling up to the building. It was a quiet part of the sector an it wasn't like a vehicle was silent. Hearing the car door Ivann flicked his cigarette butt after putting it out on his boot. He propped up a little better, pressing his gun against his shoulder just in case. He was relieved when he seen it was a medic and lowered the rifle, flicking the safety on.

Watching the young doctor cover up the man who had just attacked Ivann made his stomach turn, but he knew the woman was just doing her job but Ivann still didn't like it. He looked up at the doctor as she stepped over to him. Annaleya introduced herself so Ivann felt like being a little silly by saying, "What's up doc?" He only wanted to break the ice. Seeing a body wasn't all that pleasing, but he knew she was a doctor and probably seen the same things he had, with the exception of a partner, a friend, someone you call family, die in combat. But he second guessed that as well, not truly knowing the young woman. Hell, for all he knew she could have been a field medic once. Ivann looked up at the blond as she knelt down next to him, asking him a question, "Mam, My name's Sargent. Ivann McRorry. 9421-374, Team leader of D9 Breach squad." His reply seemed almost programmed, burned into his head by the military and his training.

Ivann chuckled a little, "Mind if I buy you dinner first before you assist me with my clothes." He cracked another joke, again not at the most appropriate time. "Sorry." He said quickly, switching his smile to a straight face. He undid his buttons to his jacket and slowly slid his left arm out, letting out a small grunt from the pain. His right arm followed and went back to his vest to undo the straps. Again, another pain related sigh left Ivann as he pulled his vest off. He jumped back to her question about what happened and he went into the story. "Well, I was just doing my job, clearing the remaining area of any mutants when I was shot at by that d**k you felt like covering up." Ivann really didn't like the man, whether the man was alive or dead and his face shown it. Nothing takes back the fact Ivann could be the dead one. "I was sweeping the top floor of a building a block or so away when he felt the need to shoot at me. At first I thought maybe he thought I was a mutant so I set up a flair and he continued to shoot. So I did what anyone in my position should do." He couldn't justify killing someone, but a shot fired was an act of war in his book.

Ivann scratched the back of his head as he leaned forward a bit, "Maybe I could have let him live, but what then.?" He questioned as he looked up at the young woman. "Let this sick man kill in prison?" He gazed back over to the man under the sheet. "No.." He said silently to his self as he let the doctor do what she needed to get him up and moving again. It wasn't like him to question himself. Everything he has ever done was in the path of glory, justice and the movement towards a safer future for his family and friends. Was it because he had been shot? Certainly this wasn't the first time, nor did he expect it to be the last. Was it because he wasn't in a war, that this man was a civilian living in the city. What ever it was it had Ivann thinking about what had happened. Nothing could change it though. In his mind he knew he had to just let it go. "Was the man sick at all?" Ivann asked wondering if the medic might know. Maybe that could be why he was so mental? He thought.

Shirtless Lunatic

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
EliotMaskwaJames

User Image

"Then it's a good thing Marie likes me so much," he said as he started the car.

Eliot actually didn't know this for sure. He had only met her a couple of times, giving her rides home with Riza. Other than that, Marie was at the bar, which Eliot rarely went in. The smell of alcohol on people's breaths drove him insane. He only went in when Riza was with him. She was just about the only person he'd do that for.

They entered the bar as the smell of smoke and alcohol overwhelmed poor Eliot and he immediately ducked back outside.

"You go ahead and talk to her," he told her. "Or bring her out here. It stinks in there."

Eliot was kind of a wimp about smoke and alcohol. No one really knew why, seeing how this "uptightness" was so out of character for the normally "leave it to chance" kind of guy, but it was just a thing he really hated. He was a little more lenient with Riza when she did it around him, but he still wasn't happy about it. He would always tell her "Out of the two deaths, being attacked by a mutant or lung disease, I think you'd rather not die of something so simple as lung disease."

User Image
"I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY BEAR GOD DAMN HANDS!"

((OOC: ))

candie_girl23

Senshi

User Image

This ¸¸ ノ WILL | ALWAYS • • •xxxxxxxxxxx
⊰ BE MY HOME ✿

- - - -

The black head's eyes snapped open. What time was it? Groggily, she sat up in bed and looked over at the black clock that hung on her beige wall. She squinted and gasped. She had woken up twenty minutes before she had to wake up! The young adult groaned and laid back down. Her pale hands grabbed a fluffy white pillow that was next to her, and brought it to her chest. She hugged it as she pulled the covers over her head. Today she just didn't feel like getting up. Well at least not at the moment. It hadn't even feel like a minute when footsteps pounded into her room and the covers were ripped off of her. Her hands released the pillow as she opened her eyes, standing above her was her father. He glared down at her and she knew she had slept in. Rachael didn't even bother to apologize, that would have to wait. She had to get down to the shop before things got really busy. The black headed female bounced out of bed and bounded into the bathroom. She stripped off her nightgown and got into the shower. The female wasted no time in the shower and was out in less then five minutes. She put on her work uniform and put her tangled wet black hair into a messy bun.

Rachael ran out of her bedroom and into the kitchen where her mother stood at the oven, frying bacon. Her mother gave her a sweet smile that Rachael returned. Her mother had always been more understanding then her father had been. Even though her mother had forgiven her for changing up the store, her father hadn't. The twenty year old didn't dwell on his disapproval though, she knew he'd come around eventually. The female grabbed a piece of toast and devoured it. Her stomach rumbled afterwards, but her stomach was just going to have to wait until lunchtime.

"Honey," her mother said. Rachael's head snapped up. "You do know you have at least an hour before the shop opens, right?" The young adult's eyes widened. That meant that her father had tricked her! She sank into a chair and sighed. "Oh." She muttered. A smile appeared on her face, then it widened. Her mouth opened and a laugh came out. Soon she was holding her stomach as she laughed. Her mother shook her head lightly as she placed the pieces of bacon onto a plate. It was typical for the sweet girl to laugh about almost anything. Nothing seemed to faze her that much. Soon she would always end up laughing.

Her father came in and glared at her. She ignored his glare and continued to laugh. "You...Got...Me!" She howled with laughter. She calmed down and wiped some tears away. The female smiled at her father. "That was a good trick!" She said. He continued to glare at her. "Aren't you mad at me?" He asked her. She considered how to answer him before she spoke. "I was at first, but I got over it. It was my own fault for not checking the clock after you woke me up." Her father threw his hands up into the air before leaving the kitchen. Her mother placed a plate full of bacon and pancakes in front of Rachael. "I told your father not to do this." Rachael patted her mother's arm. "It's okay, really." Her mother looked at her for a moment before nodding. The black haired female finished her breakfast and placed the sticky plate into the sink. After giving her mother a kiss on the cheek she went downstairs to the shop.

The female skipped around the shop with a broom. She swept up all of the dust in the store. The store had been a gift from her parents, to her. Well, actually, she had inherited it. It had once been a store that sold various goods. Now it was a little café. When she had changed it, her parents had been furious. Her father still was, but her mother had warmed up to the idea once the café started to get popular. The little café was something Rachael was proud of, even if her father wasn't. Even though it hadn't been her first choice, she was glad about her occupation.
    User Image

User Image

Augustine nodded in agreement at the topic that persisted over the years. "My opinion will never change on the matter." He commented casually, no annoyance filled his tone and no weariness of the day tingled his voice box. Besides the grey hair and the eye patch he could compete with the best soldiers even though he was older. In fact he was not that old, but thirty was the age when soldiers slowed and disabilities kicked in. That is what worried him, and if it was not for his partner covering him at times he would surely be dead today. However, he could not bear the thought of telling her he was slowly loosing his vision. It is hard to understand the fear he feels when what he sees before him fades. It was something he feared more than death. The day he could not see her face or see his own appearance. The day he would loose all connection to the beauty of this world. Perhaps that is why he did not join her in looking at the city and some of its relative beauty. If he did it would be just another thing to miss...

"You worry because you care. That is compassion and something that withers away in this world." He said mindlessly as he stretched. The weapons hardly bothered him anymore, but at the moment the patch wrapped around his skull was bothering him to no end. In all honesty he could not wait to get home so he could take it off.All that mattered was taking it off, he did not consider the fact that Mei had never seen him without it. The silence she held after he called her silly gave him a nauseating churn in his stomach. "It is not always a bad thing to be silly. I appreciate it about you." He said watching her with the ice blue eye that was frozen held a warmth that no ice could hold without melting completely.

"No I am alright. It's just crowded on the bus for someone like me." Augustine murmured simply as he had to let his legs take up most of the aisle to be even close to being moderately comfortable. This is why he always preferred to walk, the buses were not made for people like him. "I think I have just witnessed that revolution." He said teasingly as he felt the urge to itch under his eye. Considering the lack of vehicles on the roads now-in-days they made it a rough but faster transition through the sectors. The roads were cracked and it was annoying when the bus moved around roughly but he led onto the seat balancing himself and keeping Mei from flying into the aisle. Before they knew it they were in Sector N.

"If you I thought you were a bother I would not be your partner this long. " He teased as he gave her a small smile, one that showed he appreciated her being around. " I would like the company." He murmured with ease. Augustine let nothing but indifference out after he mentioned the doctors, but in fact he was terrified to lose anything else. The idea of getting older, and his disability growing worse put Mei in danger and that made him feel worse than losing his connection to the world or his own life. Instead of being able to keep her safe he would only be a liability and that guilt ate at him with sharp teeth. "I have been reckless over the years." He said seriously as he shrugged. "At the age of thirty, it is recommended for our lifestyles to see a physician. After all they cannot afford for any soldier to be a liability." He said seriously as he watched her eyes, blue like his but they held a worry that was beyond what a partner should hold. Perhaps he took for granted how much he helped her out, or perhaps he was oblivious to the fact that they had grown close. Either way he was not as keen as he used to be on picking up on human emotions. Then again it is hard to see the changes in a person you see everyday...

"I just need to be checked over Mei. I need to make sure everything is working in proper order so I do not drag you down. I would never forgive myself if you got hurt because of me." He said seriously and his mask, the one in his eyes returned. He would not elaborate to her about his weakness, not yet. He would wait to see the doctor first and perhaps then. Then again he was not sure if he could admit it to her at all. The compliment did made him feel some relief, if only for a moment. "You are very kind to me." He said with a warm smile. "Despite our differences I would not want anyone else as my partner." He said smoothly as he looked over to her and watched the worry etched into her face, but he just smiled trying to reassure her that he was not going anywhere. Not yet. Not until they dragged him away at least.Even then perhaps he would not be that easy to stop.

Sector N. The buildings were in better condition here, the air a bit more refreshing but not much. All the people who lived in this city made sure of that. After all, if you could not get to Twin Earth then you were left here. Not much was outside the walls of the city, and personally he had no curiosity to go out there. He was content with his life here, and much more happy that he lived here rather than Twin Earth. Despite Mei living in Twin Earth, she was not the only. He lived there himself but that part of his life was missing from his records. He made sure of that there was no connection from that place, and those people to him. It was strange, despite the fact that Nei and him were friends she knew almost nothing about him and he knew very little about her. It was an odd friendship but he did value it over many things.

"I was shocked because I am not accustomed to being called handsome. You understand how hard it is for a soldier to be in a committed relationship with a citizen. It is difficult, and mine always ended with indifference or bitterness. I am not use to being coddled. I like order, routine. I was taught to control my emotions and in return I come off cold to everyone and almost a recluse compared to most." He said simply, it bothered him a bit the lack of communication with others besides soldiers but nothing he had ever tried worked. Besides his appearance had a hardened edge versus the warmth that others wore on their faces. "People want to see the feelings of their companion on their face. I don't show myself to people." He said casually despite the conversation was making him feel a bit lonely. It made him wonder what if he changed certain aspects of his life. Would he turn out any different?

"No I am not thinking of retiring, I am just being more cautious with my health. For my safety and more importantly yours." He said finally answering her real question, and just then the rusty bucket of bolts that was the bus stopped. Sector L. Augustine stood, careful not to bump his head, he had to lean forward a bit to avoid the small tin roof. "I would tell you if I was going to retire." He said seriously giving her a reassuring smile then he walked off the busy and waited for her as he watched the people move like a sea of fish. The life he had here was so isolated from what he had in childhood but then again no one here knew that part of him.

Wrathful Demigod

10,700 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Ultimate Player 200
    User Image
    Mayday! Mayday!The ship is slowly sinkingThey think I'm crazy but they don't know the feelingThey're all around me,Circling like vulturesThey wanna break me and wash away my colorsWash away my colorsTake me high and I'll singOh you make everything okay (okay, okay)We are one in the sameOh you take all of the pain away (away, away)Save me if I becomeMy demonsI cannot stop this sickness taking overIt takes control and drags me into nowhere

▒▒▒▒▒ █████████████ ███████ ▒▒▒▒▒
    ||Location: ...|| ═══ ||Company:... || ═══ ||Outfit: click and the jacket in side pic|| ═══ ||OOC:..||

User Image
                                                    ════════ || ════ ▒▒▒▒▒ ════ || ════════ || ════▒▒▒▒▒ ════ || ════════

Xanthus was ripped from the soldier's grasp, stumbling back against the bar as Christ took over. Christ was not the type of person you should mess with after a certain point, of this Xan had no doubt, and the act of dropping his food was a sin around this one. A small part of Xanthus couldn't help but feel that Christ had intervened for his sake, but he knew that was most likely unlikely. It was all about the food. Picking up his beer, he leaned back against the bar and watched the fight, rolling his eyes at Christ's unholy comment. Religion had long since been a dying breed, or maybe that was just Xanthus. It was a fairly short fight, the five soldiers standing not a chance against the demon they had awakened. The vibrating of his phone pulled Xanthus attention away from the fight and he pulled the device out of his pocket, thumbing in the password then clicking on the new message icon.

I'll probably be late, the doctor seemed to have an emergency and now I have to wait.

Xanthus frowned. He had been so busy dealing with Zane's bullshit that he had completely forgotten about Tristan's doctor's appointment. The nineteen year old hadn't even wanted to go but Xanthus had pressured him into, worried when he realized that the cough Tristan had had for two weeks was slowly getting worse. Before he had time to respond the phone vibrated in his hand, another message popping up.

Is Zane there?

This one made Xanthus give out a frustrated sigh. He was so tired of being the messenger between these two. It seemed lately he was either forcing Tristan to doctor appointments, cleaning up Zane's drunken messes, listening to Colby complain about losing a boxing match...The only one who didn't bother him about their life was Borm, who they only really saw during band practice or at the bar. Borm was the only one in the five member band to actually have a full time day job, and he was also the only one who know ever suspected of being gay. Kind of hard to since he was married with one child and another on the way. Xanthus scratched at his eyebrow, the bottle in his hand banging lightly against his head as he did so, while his thumb on the other hand typed out a quick reply.

To: Tris - From: Xanthus
                                                    No, Zane isn't here. You don't have to come if you're not up to it. We can find someone else for tonight, or not play at all.

That last part probably wasn't true though. The owner wouldn't be happy at all if they decided not to play, and he was pretty sure Marie would lay into them as well. Sliding the phone back into his pocket he looked up see that Christ had finished his little fight. The taller man was puffing at a cigarette while ordering Xanthus's four attackers out the bar. "Look at you being a gentleman and holding the door opened open for them." Xanthus said teasingly from his place against the bar. "Ah, Christ, my lord and savior. For your heroic deed I shall bestow upon you a kiss." he joked as he took a step forward towards Christ. He didn't go any farther than that, just threw his hands up in a submissive gesture and laughed. He was fully aware that the other man wouldn't go for a kiss. "But I suppose another bottle of vodka would suit your taste better." Xanthus took a step back to the the bar and started reaching behind it for a new vodka bottle, saying at the old one had been knocked down. Suddenly the little spit fire known as Marie was there and she was not to happy about the fight at all. Her glares and words were directed at Christ, Xanthus on the other hand had seemed to escape her notice, and he used her lack of noticing to move his way farther outside her field of vision.

Now behind her he wrapped his arms around her and started rocking from side to side. "Come on, Marie, don't be such a meanie." he laughed, resting his chin on her shoulder, and looking at her from out the corner of his eye. "Just think of it as he in the unofficial bouncer of this place. You had a few unruly costumers and he just help then find the door was all. Besides. acting like this isn't going to help you win or little game. You are behind after all." He was pretty sure she knew what game he was referring to. The one where they were trying to see who could garner the most attention from the customers. Xanthus shifted his chin slight so that his mouth was just a little bit closer to her mouth, then lowered his voice so that she was the only one that heard what he was about to whisper next. His voice was hushed and dark with with a slightly seductive edge. She had been trying to play that game all afternoon as well, the least he could do was return the favor. "Here is a little food for thought: Who ever said that I after only the male population of this bar? Perhaps that assumption of yours is wrong.....Or maybe it's not." Chuckling, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and a wink as he pulled Christ's lighter from out of Marie's fingers. Straightening up he released the bartender the bartender and walked back towards his soldier friend, holding up the lighter he had so bravely rescued for him. "Now, now Marie. Hasn't anyone ever told you to not take a person's favorite lighter. Especially one with Robert Frost engraved on it." he said, his voice back to its normal teasing self. Taking the cigerette out from behind his ear, where he had tucked it earlier, Xanthus lit it up before tossing the lighter back to Christ. "Seeing as I'm the one who dropped the plate I can help clean it up." He frowned, not really liking the idea all that much. "Not like I have much better to do right now seeing as half the band decided not to show up." sighing He finished off his beer and slammed the bottle down on the bar. "Bar wench, I request another. And something for my warrior friend as well. One day I shall get him to acknowledge is undying love for me."

EnjoyReeding

candie_girl23
    User Image

Doctor Annaleya Dae

Ann, looked to him with her amber eyes that filled with a ruby glaze. "How original." She teased as she looking to him not recognizing him before. Perhaps this was the first time she had treated hi, it was after all a big city and she could have forgotten his face. Ann felt her lips turn into a small smile as she opened her bag and put on gloves as well as taking the patch of her eye. The two eyes looked different. The one that always showed was like two colors dancing, the other one was just one color. A honey mixed amber and it and moved like an eyes should. Showing she could see but on her face was a pink scar like something had scratched at her eye. It was not flattering, but it did not ruin her face. Who ever fixed her face made sure the only distortion was the pink scar. "Hello Sargent McRorry." She said her voice entrancing like that of a lullaby, and her eyes watched his for a few moments while he finished her requests of him. While she waited she fixed her gloves and took out a few more pieces that would help her determined how damaged the inside of this man was.

The way he introduced himself to her was like every other soldier she had come across. Almost all of them anyways. It was like the government turned them into machines and it saddened her how little they were allowed when it came to life. The citizens had their life because these men and women risked theirs. It was depressing that some had to sacrifice so much for the rest to have so little. However, Ann knew better than to mention any of her thoughts.

Ann was interrupted as the man before her teased at her instructions of taking his clothes on his upper body off. Ann felt her pale face flush, out of embarrassment or anything else she was not quite sure to be honest. "Buy me dinner for helping with your clothes?" She questioned raising her eyebrows, then moments later she laughed softly. "I do not mind, so there is no need to apologize Sargent." She said smoothly as she allowed him to undo his jacket, then his shirt, then the armor underneath.

"I do not prefer to be distracted by a body when I am treating my patients. I am a doctor not a mortician." She said coldly staring at him, her cheeks pale. Once he finished taking of the layers of clothing she took her stethoscope and put in the ear peaces and warmed the metal piece between her hands. Once it was warmer she placed it on his chest telling him to breath deeply. Ann listened to his heart, the beating a little fast but that was probably from the adrenaline running through his veins at the present time. When he breathed she made note of how much he took in and if he had any difficulty breathing, anything that symbolize he had punctured a lung. "You do not need to justify taking the man's life you me." She said simply as she looked up to his face to check for cuts, the checked his eyes with a light. He was all clear, but he looked young so he would bounce back. They always did.

"Then you would have died. It is simple self-preservation when guns are included." She said simply as she poked her delicate fingers on each of his ribs, but by the bruising she could already tell that two of the lower ones were broken. He would make a noise when she touched the two and she did but she was too focused to hear him quip about the pain. "Nothing is in serious condition. You hear it beating at a higher rate because of the adrenaline but it is not skipping a beat or anything. Also your breathing is good showing that you do not have a punctured lung. You do have a few bruised ribs though, and two of the lower ones on the right side are broken. I can wrap them and give you pain medication but I suggest you get a more through examination just to be sure that there is not anything else wrong." She said seriously as she took out a thick wrap, and a brace to keep his abdomen stead. She reached around him and put it on, her fingers brushing his skin. Next she put the bandaged over it to keep the brace from getting dirt or other things inside. After the wrapping was finished she took out a small red bottle, it only had eighteen pills in it. "This will help you with the pain. Do not take on an empty stomach and do not take with alcohol." She reciting like she always did. "Only take if you are in pain." She said knowing all this was obvious. "Only one by mouth per day, no more than that." She said softly as she looked to him and rechecked his heart again. It was slowing but it was going a normal pace. "Now before I hand them over, are you allergic to anything?" She questioned holding the red bottle of pills and then as she waited took out some water for him to take the first dose.

"I would also suggest that you take it easy otherwise you risk worsening the condition."

Wrathful Demigod

10,700 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Ultimate Player 200
    User Image
    If you could soldier onHeadstrong into the stormI’ll be here waiting on the other sideDon’t look backThe road is longThe first days of the war are goneTake back your former throne and turn the tideCause if you never leave home, never let goYou’ll never make it to the great unknown till youKeep your eyes open, my loveSo tell me you’re strong, tell me you seeI need to hear it, can you promise me toKeep your eyes open, my loveJust past the circumstanceThe first light, a second chanceNo child could ever dance the way you do

||Location: Sector L streets|| ═══ ||Company: Augustine and busy a** street|| ═══ ||Outfit: ThePink|| ═══ ||OOC: I'll get them in the apartment on her next post. Sorry wasn't the best this time sweatdrop color=#CD6889]||

User Image

"At one point in time, if I remember correctly, you found me to be rather bothersome." She returned the small smile though, remember when they had first been assigned as partners. He and her were almost as different as day and night, though t they did have some similarities that gave them common ground to stand upon. It had just taken time to grow use to one another and learn to deal with their many differences, to be more accepting of one another. Mei had learned a lot from this man through out the years, things she would not of learned from someone who was as similar minded as herself. His indifference to the going to see the doctor had an affect of slightly calming Mei down. Augustine did not seem over worried then why should she be? When he mentioned him being reckless over the years couldn't help but let out a small bark of surprise laughter. "When I think of you the word reckless doesn't really seem to apply." she giggled silently as she tired to picture him reckless but it never exactly came out right. Augustine had always seemed like the kind of person who liked to have a complete grasp on the situation before making a move. She, on the other hand, was the time of person to take a quick glance and charge in guns blazing. Yeah that..That might of caused some issues with them in the beginning but she had eventually learned to take a little time to think. "I am far more reckless than you will be." It wasn't something she was either proud of or a shamed of. It was simply a fact about the person that was Mei-Long Vota. He was right though, at 30 it was strongly urged to begin regular check-ups with doctors, though really an annual check-up with a doctor was something they wanted the soldiers to have from the moment they joined. That was optional though so most didn't. "I can't imagine you being a liability either." she said quietly as she looked away from him and back out the window. Mei knew it was the high ups who decided if he was a liability or not, wither his aging body could continue taking the daily abuse of their job. To her though she could never see him as such. In her mind he was always that strong presence she could depend on.

At his next words she didn't say anything, not at first, because she really didn't know what to say. The mask that she had seen so many times through out the years was back in place and she could not pick up any emotion, other than the fact that he was serious. Was it even possible for him to drag her down? Mei seriously doubted that. As hard as she tried she could not think of anything to say to it. She could say he was being silly, be he wasn't not really. And her mindset was not all that different. If something were to ever to happen to Augustine because of her recklessness...She would never be able to forgive herself. That was one of the things about having a partner. You looked out for each other, but the death of one could trigger a wave of a guilt. All the same, the pain in her heart at the though of him being hurt at all was enough to make her realize just how much she had come to see him as a friend, not just as another partner.

"Well, at least we can agree on that together." She replied, returning his smile, though her eyes held a small hint of affection. While he could hide his emotions easily enough that had never been something Mei had been to great at, though that did not mean she could not mask it with another emotion but often not while. She might try to hid her worry by making a joke, but her eyes always told all. Her smile turned into a playful grin. "Yup, perfect understanding. I'm to kind to you, though I must say that I've always thought Riza would make a lovely partner. We could take turns shooting at each other and trading insults." She was clearly joking, because they both knew she didn't want to be paired with Riza. The younger woman's smoking would be enough to drive her up a wall alone. No, she was more than happy with the partner she had now. "But I don't think I would trade my current partner for another, no matter who it was."

Outside the window Sector N bumped on by, eventually rolling into M. As the they got higher up in the alphabet the Sectors grew smaller, but better managed. The people who lived and worked in these sectors were better off than those in a lower sector, but they also found everything to be at a steeper cost. This Mei was all to well aware of as her rent had only increased last month. She wondered how much longer she could keep living in L before a change of Sector was in order. She hoped it would not come to that. Her apartment was her home, it held her possessions, her photos, and even some memories. Not all of them happy but a part of her life all the same. It was funny how the one place she didn't want to leave was also the place she currently didn't want to return to. She could never really say what it was that started the fights between her and Xanthus; a look, his smoking in the apartment after her repeated insistence that he not, the fact that he never even offered to help pay the bills or that his friends were honestly coming over at all times of the day and night. She did not mind the fact that he was in a band, bu at the same time she wished he could get what was considered a real job. Another source of money. She worried, constantly worried, about if he was up getting into trouble or not. Xanthus had a record, a small one, but one all the same. It had not been something big enough to get him exiled from the city but if he ever did anything to land in trouble again then it could come back to haunt him. She did not nag him because she was trying to be spiteful or hard to deal with; she worried for him, she wanted him to have a better life than what he had currently lead, but she could only take so much. Eventually a silence had settled over the apartment, neither sure how to talk to the other with out an argument happen. Any topic about when they were kids together seemed to make him edgy and bring out more of bitter side. One thing she had picked up on was that he seemed to have a different understanding of what happened the day he got left behind in Neos City. He had never sat down long enough for her to clear that misunderstanding up though.

Mei listened silently as he answer the question she had trailed off on as the idea that he might retire had taken over. She wanted the answer to that question so that she could get rid of her fear that he would retire, but she was also very much interested in what he was saying now. She listened, not speaking, till she was sure he had said everything on the subject. The casualness of his tone...It didn't really worry her so much as concerned her. Had this become that normal to him that he could treat it was just another small fact of life? Yes, it was a fact of the soldiers' life, a harsh one, but she had never met anyone who could so simply shrug it away. She doubted he could as well. "It is hard to be in a relationship..." Yes, she would know that. She had been through a few throughout the years, though the last year and and a half had seen an absence a relationship. Perhaps she had decided to take a break or maybe she had just found it harder to find qualities that she liked in other people. She hadn't really thought about it. " Those who would accuse of being cold apparently don't know you at all. If they don't want to take the time to get to know you then that is their loss." she said, not quite able to keep the anger from her voice. It made her anger to think that no one had fully taking the time to get to know him, to get under that mask he wore and get to know the man that was Augustine. " I disagree on that last part though." she said quietly, "You do show yourself to others. Its just up to them to notice or not." She was thinking, once again, of the warmth in his eyes and smiles. The showing of his emotions were more subtle than that of others, but if you actually took the time to get to know them than they were easy to spot. If she could pick up on subtle hints than why not others? "In my opinion, I believe you should be told that you are handsome a whole hell of a lot more than you have been told. But then as your partner and friend I am probably biased about such things.

The bus came to a slow stop in front of the Sector L bus stop just as Augustine finally got around to answering the question that had worried originally worried her. Relief flooded through her as he declined thinking about retiring. He stood up, leaning forward so as not to bump his head on the roof. She slid out the seat and followed him out the bus, waving good by the bus driver before hopping off the final step. "This way, my place is closer so we can stop there first so that I can pick up some things" She told him, pointing her finger towards the left before stopping to stretch for a second. She lead the way down the weather beaten pavement, her apartment only a very short walk away.. "I'm sure the doctor will tell you that is everything is fine anyway..and that you're much to young to retire." she said reassuringly, more for herself than him. She side stepped two people talking in the street only to knock into another person. "Sorry." she apologized as she righted herself. It was kind of busy on the streets today, maybe because the attack in Sector Z was causing other to relocate for a while or stay with friends.

Evi Ethereal
                                                                User Image

User Image

⇥☣Location☣: Bar in Sector O ☣With☣: Xanthus and some others ☣Outfit☣: Psycho

⇱═════ But I have promises to keep,
                                                        And miles to go before I sleep...

₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋
                                                        Marie had just taken away Christ's smoking privileges and had even threatened to kick him out for starting the bar fight. However, before he could apologize, Xanthus had already begun to persuade the female bartender with small, flirtatious gestures. He only scoffed lightly and rolled his eyes at his two friends... friends? Hm, it seems like Christ genuinely thought them as friends. Xanthus had already walked back to the bar and tossed him his lighter after lighting another cigarette. "Thank you for cleaning up after me, darling." Christ gestured to Xanthus, he could play the game of sexuality as well if he wanted to. However, before going to sit with the pink-haired adolescent, Christ walked closer to Marie.

He gave her a hug and patted her head, apologizing for the small damage and promising he would pay for it or fix it himself. "If you wish it, I'll stay here after hours to fix the floorboard myself." When Christ smashed the larger man into the ground, he had caused some of the wooden foundation to break under the man. He gave Marie a light smile and walked over to Xanthus, taking a bottle of Vodka from beside his friend and calling out to the bartender and his seemingly gay companion. "Oh and don't worry. I'll pay for this one! And Xanny boy, you already have my love. As a friend." Ohh friend-zoned by Christ. The Russian-Asian drank down the entire bottle of vodka whole and only let out a contented sigh. "Oh and Xanthus, I wouldn't mind playing for your absent member tonight, as long as you can promise to buy me some more food or books, or both. Both would be nice as well."
                                                        ₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋

And miles to go before I sleep. ═════

Quote:
    "PateFist"

Quote:
    "candie_girl23"
    RIZA HONG
    MARIE HONG

User ImageUser Image
    Marie’s glare had relaxed by the time Xanthus wrapped his arms around her but quickly came back when he mentioned this wasn’t helping win the game that appartently she was losing in. This was her job and she would very much like to keep working here, it was easy money and always interesting, but she at least didn’t confront people when they create a commotion in the bar the owner would be quick to fire her a**. “Xanthus this is my job, that game is just to make work more interesting.” She hissed out to him as he brought his mouth closer to hers. The closeness couldn’t help but make Marie feel uncomfortable, as much as she hated to admit it Xanthus was a man who was older and taller than her and could easily take advantage of her in situations like this. But then again Xanthus was still Xanny, the most-likely gay band member. She tried to keep her face stern as he whispered to her about how maybe her original assumption of him just wanted males was wrong but couldn’t help the giggle that left her lips when his lips touched her cheek. There was just no way in her mind that Xanthus could be straight, maybe a chance of being bi but straight not likely. The lighter left her grasp and Marie sighed, it had just been a decoy to get the lighter back.

Dante entered the bar and mentioned how the bar smelled like piss and Marie rolled her eyes. The piss had happened outside, maybe by the door it was holding some of the scent but actually inside the bar it was fine. Christ decided to play along with Xanthus and Marie just put a hand on her forehead and shook her head, nothing was going to be taken seriously now. The hug from Christ surprised though “Thank you.” She muttered to him when he offered to fix the floorboard. She would still have to explain it to the boss but at least she was going to him with a fixed problem instead of just a problem. She went behind the bar and gave Xanthus another beer, Christ another bottle of vodka unsure of why she gave him the shot glass in the first place if he was just going to down the bottle, and then Dante his whiskey. “Sorry for the wait.” She smiled at him but her heart wasn’t in it, she was still stressing a little from the fight.

“What the hell happened in here?” Riza asked, walking up to the bar after Eliot had abandoned her. This weakness at the bar that Eliot offered some good opportunities for Riza to tease him but she could see how hard he tried so Riza usually let it slide. Today though he couldn’t even get past the door, but she couldn’t blame him the smell was intoxicating, the craving for a smoke becoming stronger. She sat down on the other side of Xanthus, which was rare for her as she would usually create space between herself and everyone else, but she had seen the way he had manhandled her sister. Her eyes narrowed as she sized him up, yes she had seen him many times before but actual interaction hadn’t happened. She let out a huff then turned to face her sister. The best should could do was make him feel uncomfortable, this guy was Mei’s cousin and if she over stepped boundaries here who knew what that would do at work

Marie was ecstatic to see Riza, she had been too distracted to notice her entrance. “Oh nothing, just fighting my own battles.” Marie answered, trying to make herself sound cool. She didn’t want to start freaking out over if Riza had been in sector Z or if she was okay but her eyes were scanning her sister and luckily she appeared to be normal. A little more pissed off than usual but that was still normal. “You survived.” Marie finally said. “And I take it Eliot is being a wuss outside.” Marie could easily make jokes about Eliot. “He can handle blood and guts but not the smell of whiskey and beer.”

Riza just blinked at Marie’s joke, her face holding the annoyed stare, she wasn’t going to let herself relax right now. Once she got home and showered then yes, relaxation could happen but before that her body was still on high alert. “I have something to ask. Eliot has been living in Sector Z and after tonight it is blocked off for a bit. He needs a place to stay. I’m not going to let him be stuck with out someplace to go.” Riza stated. “Can he crash at our place for a bit?” She finally asked and sighed, it felt really strange to be asking her baby sister if a boy could spend the night but Riza tried to respect her sister as an adult as much as possible. Marie thought for a moment then smiled. “If he can get his butt in here and ask me himself then I have no problem.” She told her sister then looked up at the boy who had said he was sent by Eliot. “Oh and tell him that he has some kid waiting for him. He said that Eliot told him to come here while you were in the middle of fighting.”

Riza turned to look at the boy then quickly stood up. It was that dumb kid who ran in front of the mutant, and he was the reason Eliot had run off on his own. Riza felt anger well upside her, why was this boy important enough for Eliot to leave. She took a deep breath, she would deal with that later, right now she just wanted to get out of the bar, tell Eliot to go in and talk to Marie and see whoever that kid was, and light up a cigarette away from Marie so she couldn’t get mad. Before she left though she set a hand on Xanthus’s shoulder, yeah she wasn’t going to forget about him touching her sister any time fast, no matter what was going on. “Don’t touch my sister again okay. Xanny.” Riza hissed into his ear, calling him by the nickname Marie used but when it left Riza’s lips it almost sounded deadly. This interaction earned her a glare from Marie and would probably result into a fight at some point. Riza just shrugged then left the bar. “I’m sorry for her.” Marie said “I’ll give you any drink for free as an apology.”

Outside the bar Riza pulled out her pack of cigarettes and took one out. She quickly lit it and sighed in content as she exhaled the toxic smoke. “Marie says you have to go in and ask. If you can do that then it’s a yes.” She told Eliot, making sure she stayed a good distance away from so the smoke wouldn’t bother him. “Oh and your idiotic friend is in there waiting. He seems to be perfectly okay after running in front of a mutant.” She glanced at Eliot “You must have congratulated him for his speed when you told him to wait for you here.”

Wrathful Demigod

10,700 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Ultimate Player 200
    User Image
    Mayday! Mayday!The ship is slowly sinkingThey think I'm crazy but they don't know the feelingThey're all around me,Circling like vulturesThey wanna break me and wash away my colorsWash away my colorsTake me high and I'll singOh you make everything okay (okay, okay)We are one in the sameOh you take all of the pain away (away, away)Save me if I becomeMy demonsI cannot stop this sickness taking overIt takes control and drags me into nowhere

||Location: Bar^Sector O|| ═══ ||Company: Dante, Marie, Christ, Riza, Wist || ═══ ||Outfit: click and the jacket in side pic|| ═══ ||OOC: Jagiya is a Korean informal term used towards bf/gf which means honey/sweatheart||

User Image

Xanthus squatted down and started picking the food up, throwing it back on the plate it originally arrived on. "No problem, Jagiya. You know I'd do anything for you." he grinned up at his overly tall friend before standing back up, placing the plate of ruined food on the bar. Leaning back down he picked up the now empty vodka bottle, placing it beside the plate. Once again reaching behind the bar he grabbed a towel and started mopping up the spilled drink. A shame really. It would of served a better purpose inside of him than on this floor. He shook his head as he noticed the broken floor board, letting a sigh out. "Really can't control yourself can ya. Don't let him off lightly, Marie! He should give you a huge tip for all the trouble" Don't ever let her say he didn't do something for her. "And how come she gets and hug and not me?" He pouted slightly but not much. Sitting down on the stool he had been on moments before and took the beer Marie sent his way. "You say that now, but just wait. Pretty soon you won't be able to get enough of me." Xanthus retorted, sipping at his beer instead of chugging like Christ seemed contented to do with his Vodka, letting the friend-zone comment slide off him. As it was he'd rather be Christ's friend than his lover any day. This whole gay thing, it was just an act as far as he was concerned, though he had to admit that of late he had grown more and more disinterested in the female population. Not that he was growing any more interested in the male population. It was more a feeling of numb disinterested, a person who had dis-sensitized himself to the beauty of either side. Lost in thought he almost didn't hear Christ's offer to play in the band for the night, though when the words registered he almost dropped his beer. "You can play?" he sounded mildly shocked though he quickly narrowed his eyes and looked his half Russian friend up and down. "More importantly will you play well? What instrument?" The band was one of the few things he took seriously. Its members were the closest thing he considered a family. If someone new was to enter, even temporarily, even if it was someone he knew, he wanted to make sure they would not ******** it up. He took a swig of his beer, puffed at the cigarette, and turned his eyes off Christ. "There you go being more Lord and Savior again. Just trying to make me fall in love with you more, eh?" He laughed. Really he was in no position to turn Christ down. He needed the money from the job tonight, even if it wouldn't be enough for what he needed it for. He really needed to find an alternative source of revenue. "The food I can do but the book I can not. You have expensive taste, my love, though I suppose you could take whatever is on the bookcase at home." Really those were Mei's books but she never seem to have the time to read, nor did he. They were just sitting there collecting dust on a shelf in the hallways. As far as Xanthus was concerned they would probably be better off in the hands of an avid book fan like Christ.

Xanthus had pretty much ignored Dante's entrance as well as his loudly stated opinion of the place smelling like piss, but he could not ignore the grand entrance of Riza. A small groaned escaped him as he flicked some ashed into a near by ashtray and put the white cylinder back between his lips. For his part he was trying not to get any of his smoke in Marie's direction, already all to aware of her lack of the toxic s**t he inhaled. By hey, this was his choice. Usually Riza choose seats that were away from Xanthus, neither of them really liking the other, but today she plopped her a** right next to him. On purpose he was sure. This disinterest in each other seem to focus around Mei mostly, or at least that was how Xanthus saw it. Really he never did give people much reason to like him, so it could be a number of anything, but he would bet his beer that it was Mei. Mei had a habit of grumbling to herself when really upset about stuff and one topic he had over heard a lot was Riza apparent dislike of his cousin. While Xanthus rarely had a kind thing to say about his cousin, constantly finding a reason to b***h about having to live with her, he had this strange thing where he disliked others talking bad about her. So while he had no real interaction with Marie's older sister he already found he did not like her. He glanced at Riza as he felt her eyes on him, not liking the feel of this hostile gaze, but all did was shoot her a disinterested glare. "See something you like?" he questioned past his cigarette before pretending to turn his attention fully on the beer in front of him. He didn't butt into the sisters' conversation, though there were a number of snide comments he could of made. All the same he couldn't help smirk a little and mutter "Wuss." under his breath as they spoke about this Eliot guy who couldn't handle the wonderful aroma of the bar.

It was actually a relief when Riza stood, her presence made him rather uncomfortable, but it seemed she wasn't quite ready to leave silently. A hand clamped down on his shoulder and he looked over at it, wrinkling his nose in disgust. As she spoke Xan's lips tightened into an angry line, the flimsy paper between them between them. Shrugging the hand off he took the cigarette and snubbed it on in the nearby ashtray before turning pale green eyes on Dante by the door. "Hey, solider boy, mind closing the door better? A foul wind is blowing the smell of sewer up in here." He asked, his eyes flickering to Riza so that everyone knew just who exactly he found the foul smelling wind to be. "If you actually want me to be able to play I'd hold off on giving me another beer. He muttered to Marie. What he really wanted was another smoke, but after what he just said about his sister it would probably be a safe bet to kiss a** for a minute or two.

Loekii

candie_girl23

EnjoyReeding

iNZANE_0ne

fabulous dahling
    soon, yes, please?

Tipsy Cat

User Image

Ivann Mc'Rorry

"Only askin' doc." Ivann said with a small smirk looking up at Annaleya as she stared with a most serious face. He watched as the doctor pulled out her tools, so he sat up as straight as he could an awaited the feeling of cold metal from the stethoscope but there was nothing. Ivann felt a little confused and looked over only to let out a small laugh, "You're the only doctor to do that." Referring to her warming up the piece she was about to place on him. Ivann took in multiple deep breaths as instructed as the young doctor moved the mic around his torso. He followed the light when she shined it, doing all the other little tasks that doctors usually ask you to do. He listened to Ann as she said he'd be dead. He tried to hold in a laugh but it slipped out, "I'd be dead if this man was smart." The man shot Ivann. He knew the man hadn't the first clue about the armor but a smart person would have shot for the head. Ivann didn't have the luxury of aiming in such a moment.

Ivann looked down when Ann was poking around, checking his rib cage. It was pretty obvious where he was shot. The bruising an a welt was a dead give away. His face cringed an a small grunt escaped him as the young woman pressed her fingers on the ribs to make sure they were broke. Ivann listened as Ann told him what was going on with him, which was pretty evident but he listened. He smirked when the woman said his heart rate was still high from adrenaline, but really it was her touch. If it wasn't for his calm demeanor things would have probably been a little different, by this I mean his actions. He wasn't a big fan on taking pain meds. Last time he did so he had forgotten to eat and went out on the field, only to throw up an almost pass out. He didn't bother to mention that seeing as there's no correlation between that incident and the situation now. "Well if you call for a better examination then I say you should do the examining." He said with a grin and a playful wink. "But really, I don't have a doctor, the military provides me with one and that could take a few days to do the paper work and what not. It'd really be a pleasure if you could handle this for me."

"I can assure you that I am not allergic to anything." Ivann said with a smile looking down at the pill she had just given him. He flipped open the top part of his satchel bag and pulled out the canteen he had been carrying. Twisting off the cap Ivann placed the pill on his tongue and took a swig of water. After securing the cap to the canteen he placed it back into his pack and smirked when Ann said that he should take it easy. He couldn't even help to hold in his laughter. Not like he got loud and stupid but telling a soldier to take it easy wasn't really something they could do. Even if his arm was broken they'd expect him back with in two weeks. He's seen it happen to a platoon member once. Man broke their ankle doing a thirty foot repel after not harnessing himself properly. Ivanns laughter was cut short as he grabbed his side from the pain. "Trust me, I would love to take some time off, but I can bet you that their going to make me work." He said after he calmed himself.

Ivann took his undershirt and stuffed it into his bag, adjusting things so it would fit properly and not be in the way. He put his armor back on as a form of habit. Even on his off days he would put it on and realize he doesn't work becoming an inconvenience. Ivann stood up slowly off the ground, using the wall for support as the doc grabbed his arm to assist. He swung his jacket around, placing it on his shoulders, not bothering to put his arms in properly. He leaned over to pick his bag up, slinging it on the opposite side of his gun shot wound. Adjusting it to fit right he grabbed his rifle and flicked the safety off as it was never truly safe in sector Z. He made his way down the stairs, keeping his gun propped against his shoulder. He kept his back to the wall, walking down the steps sideways so to look into the room before entering. He looked back up at the doctor and motioned for her to come down.

Ivann, slowly leaving the house with Annaleya, peeked around the outside of the door before exiting. On the porch Ivann turned to look at Ann. No words left his mouth as he was trying to think of the best way to put what he wanted to do. "Look.." He paused for a moment looking into the doorway of the house. He bit his lower lip for a split second and continued, "I can't leave this behind. If he was found there IS a way this will be traced back to me. To not take this man into custody is pretty much murder, even if I was shot at. I used two rounds, which leads to excessive force." He said blatantly with a paleness to his eyes. This wasn't something he would like to do. Yes he was pissed but Ivann felt everyone should have a funeral. A viking funeral was now the subject of his plan. Ivann walked back inside, ripping the drapes from their fixtures and tying them all together. He stomped on the wooden table, which wasn't really a bright thing as he cringed in pain. It didn't hurt as much thanks to the pill Ann gave him, but he still felt it. Gathering the pieces of the table by kicking them, he made one big pile and wound the drapes up on top of the wood like a coiled snake. He let one end drag a little and walked into the kitchen. There really wasn't much as this house looked abandoned for years. No boxed of any kinds, nothing in the fridge, nothing that would remotely help him. He knew there was nothing more he could do about it so he took his extra flair out of his bag and sparked it, tossing it on the pile in the main room.

You see, Ivann doesn't have the best track record with stunts in this field. His mishaps have landed him on probation a handful of times. Something to this caliber could land something quite possibly worse. Ivann watched the flair for a moment catch the drapes on fire, slowly growing bigger, taking a liking to the carpet underneath it all. He backed up and turned, walking out the front door. He wasn't to sure how the doc would feel about what he had done but could only hope she wouldn't tell anyone. Stepping next to Ann he looked off towards her car, "We should leave. My report will state that the man set fire to the house as he ran off." He could only pray that Ann would help out a soldier in such a time, but everyone had their own moral standards and most where different than a soldiers. He adjusted his bag once more and stepped off the porch, walking towards the vehicle. He walked backwards for a bit to look at the doc. While doing so his eyes shot wide as he seen a runner coming along the side of the house, "Move your a** doc!" Ivann shouted as he sprung his MTAR to his shoulder letting the last few rounds dig into the runner. Where there was one there were usually more. Those things were like a pack of wolves, but maybe not as smart. Quickly dropping the mag Ivann pulled a second one from his satchel and jammed it back into the gun, pulling the bolt, loading in the round.

Anxious Bloodsucker

User Image

ᴍᴏᴏᴅ Interested ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Bar ᴡɪᴛʜ Xanthus, Christ

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                              ═══════════════════════════════════════════

He was content to sip his beer and listen in on the conversations going on around him. It was relaxing. Not technically eavesdropping, as he only caught brief snippets of speech, and besides, if they didn't want to be overheard then they shouldn't have been talking so damn loud. His gaze travelled around the bar, taking in the people that were there. Some people might have called it weird or creepy, but people watching was one of his favorite things to do at the bar. At the very least, it gave him something to think about later.

As he was sitting there contentedly, a commotion broke out. Coming from the other side of the bar he heard a loud noise, and some yelling. Most everyone's attention was directed there now, and he was no different, captivated by the brawl going on just a few feet away from him. It didn't seem to be a fair fight, a couple of drunken soldiers against one dude, and Wisteria was prepared to watch him get the s**t beat out of him. He found out quickly that he had misjudged the situation, however, as the guy was faring pretty well. More than just pretty well, actually. He wasn't just holding his ground, he was wiping the floor with these losers. Man, that was sick.

When the fight was over, the instigators had been evicted from the premise, and the guy went back to join his friends. Wisteria almost lost interest then, except he recognized the guy's friend. A pink haired man who often came into his shop to pawn off (probably stolen) items. Xanthus was his name, or something like that. Come to think of it, he'd seen the two around here frequently as well. And the guy with the pink hair was kind of cute... Wisteria toyed with the idea of going over there and striking up a conversation. He wasn't entirely sure if that would be a good idea, but he'd been drinking a bit and didn't very much care at the moment.

He downed the rest of beer and got up, making his way over to the other side of the bar. He walked slowly, trying not to look too eager, and also not draw too much attention to himself. As he was making his way over, a lady sat down next to them, and Wisteria paused, a look of annoyance falling over him. He was about to turn around and go back to his original place when she stood up again, and exited the bar. Not wanting to miss his chance, he hurried (not too quickly of course) over to the seat the woman had just vacated to take it for his own.

He sat down smoothly, and leaned his elbow on the counter. "So," he broached casually. "That was quite a little brawl you got yourself in." His comment was directed at the brunette, but his eyes were on Xanthus. "I thought you were gonna get the s**t beat out of you. Good show." He chuckled lightly.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ═══════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ғᴏᴏᴛɴᴏᴛᴇs

ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ
                                                      PateFist

EnjoyReeding

User Image

Shirtless Lunatic

4,350 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Autobiographer 200
    EliotMaskwaJames

User Image

Eliot put his headphones on and waited for Rizza to return. His music played at a volume that would deafen most people, but Eliot was known to take more abuse than most humans. His taste in music was strange, the subject matter being anti-soldier and all. A lot of his peers weren't alright with him listening to artists such as The Funky Bandits, SolDIEr Killa, and N*ggas Against Soldiers. Eliot always argued that it was just music, but it still concerned some of them.

Eliot removed his headphones as Riza returned, his music still blaring through them. He groaned at the mention of him having to enter the bar.

"Damnit. I knew there was a catch." She then mentioned Echo and how he was probably congratulating him on his speed. "Oh, him? No. I was just getting some a-" He cut himself off. "Aaaaaaaaammm-Alright. He's my ammo supply." Eliot had given up. Besides, he figured Riza would understand and he was going to tell her anyways. "Well, his father is, rather. The kid just runs it to me. He's a good kid, albeit a bit...odd...And don't ask about the gas mask. It just keeps him alive." Eliot figured he'd save the part about him fixing all their guns for another day. He had to win Marie over first.

Eliot entered the bar with his hand over his nose. He waved at Echo as he passed, letting him know he he didn't forget about him, although he totally did.

"Can I stay at your place, please, ma'am?" he asked as he approached Marie. He wanted it to be brief so he could leave the place as fast as he could.

User Image
    "I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY BEAR GOD DAMN HANDS!"

((OOC: I'm super tired. I can not focus for the life of me.))

candie_girl23

Nero Kenji

Wrathful Demigod

10,700 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Ultimate Player 200
    User Image
    All around me are familiar facesWorn out placesworn out facesBright and early for their daily racesGoing nowheregoing nowhereTheir tears are filling up their glassesNo expressionno expression)Hide my head I want to drown my sorrowNo tomorrowno tomorrow....................I find it hard to tell youI find it hard to take
    x
    x

||Location: ...|| ═══ ||Company:... ⊰|| ═══ ||Outfit: Outfit || ═══ ||OOC:..||

User Image

The light bulb flickered at random intervals in the dingy white break room that Tristan found himself sitting in at the end of his shift at the grocery store he worked out part time. He didn't notice the flickering light or the humming of the vending machine in the corner, or the mummer of voices just outside the room as fellow workers went about their jobs. His clear blue eyes were focused on a history book, slowly moving from one line to the next, but in a way that indicated he was only half absorbing what was written there. He dropped the mechanical pencil onto the table then brought his left hand to rub at his chest, a slight frown forming. He had been having chest pain most of the day but he been able to ignore. Now, as the medicine started to wear off it was making itself known with a vengeance. He gripped the left side of his chest as a wet cough climb its way up his throat, the force of it causing the pain to intensify in till the cough as eased off. Phlegm rattled around in his chest as he coughed and afterwards he could feel it as he took a deep breath in. "You should have that looked at."

Tristan jumped, looking up to see a fellow cashier standing by the vending machine, pushing in the button that would drop a soda. "Oh, yeah. I'm going to." Tristan laughed, scratch at the back of his dark blonde head, suddenly feeling very awkward. This particular cashier, Matt, had only been working there for a little over a week and Tristan was still not sure how to act around him. "M-my friend made me an appointment." He said quickly before abruptly falling silent after the last word. He was trying to find something to say, to keep the conversation going. By nature Tristan was a very friendly person, able to get along with most people, but he was also shy. Not an unusual conversation but one that lead to a lot of award silences and one sided conversations with people he had only just met. Matt raised an eyebrow and stared at him curiously with light brown eyes. "Isn't that something you should be doing instead of your friend?" He asked as he opened the soda can with one hand and sat down on the chair on the other side of the table from Tristan. "He worries about it more than I do. I think it will clear up with some cough medicine, but Xan thinks I should play it safe.' Tristan admitted, smiling sheepishly, nervously. "Hate doctors?' "No, not at all."Tristan replied as he shook his head no, "I just don't want to freak out over something as simple as a cold and end up causing needless worry. Tristan looked at the clock hanging about the door and started as he saw how late it was. Jumping to his feet he quickly started shoving his notebook and text book into his bag. "I'm sorry, I have to leave or I might miss the bus." he said hurriedly as he slung the bag over his shoulder, shooting Matt an apologetic look. "It was nice talking to you though." He called behind him as the dashed out the break room and through the slender hallway at the back of the store, bursting out a back door and into the polluted air of the city.

He reached the bust stop just as the bus rolled up and he somehow managed to squeeze on despite the amount of overcrowding there was on the rusted vehicle. Some people shoved each other as they jostled for a could spot to stand where they wouldn't be to squished. Tristan felt extremely lucky to of found a small seat in the back between a pregnant woman and some kid who had a rough appearance. The bus jerked forward, getting to a slow start with the extra amount of weight it had to carry down the ill-managed roads. Sector V was better than some but it still needed work done to make it compared to anything above Sector O. The bus lumbered on, people coming and going with each stop and Tristan continue to sit there in silence, head resting on his bag as a cough escaped every once in awhile. He gave his seat up in Sector X as an elderly woman boarded the bus but couldn't find the seat. His parents had always told him to be respect of the old, they had it rough in this city with out disrespectful youth making things harder. Finally Sector Z rose up around them and Tristan quickly exited the bus. His doctor wasn't located here. Most doctors would never set up an office here, in the slums of the city, and those that did were never good. He was headed back to the apartment he shared with his boyfriend, to pick up a change of clothes and his medicine that he would need to bring with him.

With a sort of bittersweet pang Tristan quickly reminded himself that he and Zane were no longer a dating couple. In all honesty their relationship had fizzled away months before and it had become harder for them to stay under the same roof. Very few people knew about this change in the relationship, only those Tristan felt he could trust most. Zane probably wouldn't be around much longer as it was. Tristan had been seeing the signs for week; the increase in drinking, coming home late at night, the increased restlessness. Zane was getting ready to leave them behind, take his few possessions and disappear to some other part of the city. Zane had never been one to settle down for long and Tristan had always known that he would leave one day, it was best that he left. Going through his apartment picked up the things he needed; the medicine, some clothes, his drumsticks, and books for school so that he could work on homework. As quick as that, come and go, he left with out even taking a look around.

--TIME SKIP TO AN HOUR OR HOUR AND HALF--

Tristan found himself sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office, the appointed time for his appointed having passed some time before. When he had arrived the woman at the desk had informed him that Doctor Dae had received an emergency call and that his only options were to reschedule his appointment or wait for her return. Really he would of given anything to just walk out and not come back. He had not been to this doctor to many times before, in fact he had only been to two other appointments. As a child he had never had to go to a doctor, he never really sick beyond the common cold, but that had all changed when he was sixteen. On that fateful night, all those years ago, the bus had been full. He could of waited for the next one but instead he had decided to walk home through three sectors. For some reason on that cold winter night the skies opened up and dropped a freeing ran on him. A bout of pneumonia had followed suit. He recovered from that but when he was seventeen his regular doctor heard an unusual sound while listen to his heart, a mummer that should not be there. Test reveal that the pneumonia and a following strep throat had caused damage to his heart, though admittedly the damage from them had been fairly minimal. But the scar tissue had help push to light a congenital heart defect, something that no one knew he had been born with. They said that it was Aortic valve stenosis. It was weird, walking into a place and having a stranger tell you that your days or number. Unless he were to have a surgery that he couldn't possibly afford.

Tristan coughed again, the sound of his chest congestion bouncing around the nearly empty waiting room. He could vary well walk out, but then he would have to deal with Xan. His friend and fellow bandmate worried more about Tristan's health than Tristan did. The minute that he had learned that Tristan had had a cough for more than two weeks Xan pretty much forced him to make an appointment. "..Attack in Sector Z has left Sector closed.." Tristan looked up at the tv playing quietly from where it was mounted on the wall, a look of disbelief plastered on his face. "But I live in Sector Z" he muttered, letting his head drop in his head as a low groan escaped his lips. Now he was going to have to find a place to stay. Maybe with Xanthus? Of maybe the store owner would let him sleep in the back room. With a sigh let the upper half of his body fall onto the empty seats besides him, suddenly feeling very exhausted.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff