Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Aggressor

User Image

It happened thirty years from tomorrow. The sun and the moon mysteriously disappeared from the sky. Well... that's not entirely true. The sun and moon still affected the tide, the sun still created the wind, plants still thrived, and best of all, there was still the sun's warmth. People learned to adapt, accepting the new world of darkness in time. Cities took a major hit, however, in that their main source of power was solar power, and with no sunlight, there was no solar power. Cities began instituting power cutoff times, a sort of "Light Curfew." to curb the problem of a dwindling power supply.

However, a scientific facility out in the middle of a desert in Nevada soon sent out word that they had a power plant that they claimed could run forever with a near-infinite power supply. They claimed their place would be a haven for those willing to relocate. People in the surrounding area came in droves, and the result was that a city was built. The city, appropriately named Haven, was a city of eternal light. It had very few power outages, and they only lasted about as long as five minutes apiece.

And so the skies were blacked out by an unknown cause, creating a world where the only paradise was bathed in blinding neon lights...

Welcome to Haven.

RULES

Straightforward rules for a straightforward RP. Obey the rules pyramid whilst in this thread.

1: Respect others.
2: For the love of god, have fun.
3: The TOS exist for a reason. Please follow them.
5: No God-modding. You control your character(s). Nobody else's
6: Fight all you want, just don't kill another character without the owner's permission
7: Post all your profiles right on the thread. No PMs no profiles thread. It's simpler this way, trust me.
8: Don't take up half the page with your RPC's image. It's too hard on the eyes and I really don't appreciate it.
9: Please don't make a character über-powerful. I don't want to have to bring in a more OP guy to level the field. Please don't.

Profile Skeletons

Name:
Appearance: (Url, short description, or use a spoiler tag please.)
Other:

SETTING

Time
Night | Night | Night | Night

Weather
Clear | Rainy | Snowy | Windy | Hailstormy | Other condition with a y pegged at the end

ETC.

You've read the rules and made a character. Now go forth and play. You have a story that only you can tell. Now go out and tell it like nobody else can. I look forward to working with you.User Image

Dedicated Aggressor

A Beat Spider
Yo.

Name: Eric Porter
Race: Psychically-gifted human
Appearance:
Other:

User Image

Name: Nina Harlow
Race: Human
Appearance:
Other:

User Image

Feisty Doll

13,400 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Name:Kim Mitchell
Race:Human
Appearance:
User Image

Adorable Hunter

Name: Hal Townsend
Race: Looks human, smells human, has 98% of the aura of a human.
Appearance: He is rather plain looking, 5'8'' in height with an average build. His skin is light tan. His hair is a muddy brown color and is just long enough to be pulled back into a small ponytail. His eyes are brown, and he is myopic and so wears glasses. He typically wears dark jeans, a t-shirt of earthly colors, a jacket that is purple on the outside and black on the inside, a dark grey baseball cap, black hiking shoes and black gloves. He carries a brown backpack. He often appears either very nervous or very curious, and sometimes expressionless. [pics]
[Also this character maker version.]

Dedicated Aggressor

Fae Moonshadow
Good to have you on board, Ms. Moonshadow.
A Beat Spider
Good to have you back, 8 legs and all. xD

User Image
___ ║▌│█│║▌║││█ _____

⁰¹- The RESOLUTEPROTECTOR
        ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                HAVEN x POLICE x | x BUREAU x CAPTAIN__________________
                Nina R. Harlow--.--.--.--.--.

═╗100% ╔═╗═╗ 100%
75% ╔═╝╚═╗ 75%
50% ╚═╗╔═╝ 50%
25% ═╗╚═╝═╗ 25%
_100%: HP: 100%

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Nina sat at her desk, looking through her paperwork, Sometimes working at the police bureau was such a drag. Crime was abundant, and because Nina was the captain, she needed to make sure that all the paperwork was filed properly. She sighed and finished the final case file, closing it and standing up. "I need to take a walk." Nina said aloud, and strapped her sword belt to her waist, stepping outside the building that served as the headquarters for Haven's police bureau. Nina lit a cigarette and strode through the streets, her capelike coat trailing behind her in the wind of the artificially-lit street. What a drag it was. Nina wasn't old enough to have seen the sun or the moon or the stars, but at least she knew what they looked like from the internet and from books. "This city's really falling apart." She stated, walking past various corner-bound prostitutes and a homeless man living in a box. This city was falling apart, and there was nothing she could do to save it... not from behind a desk all day reading field reports.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

OUT OF CURRENT CHARACTER
╔ ═══════════════════ ═══════════════════ ╗
[[OCC: ]]
╚ ═══════════════════ ═══════════════════ ╝

Feisty Doll

13,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
iEverNeon
Glad to be a part of the Rp. ^^

User Image

Kim Mitchell

Kim walked out in the night air just enjoying some quiet time. She had been talking with her friends until an hour ago. Now she juet wondered on what she was going to do next, "Now I'm bored. To think I can walk around this place and be bored, I'm too dependent on friends."

Dedicated Aggressor

Fae Moonshadow
Indeed! Kim seems like she's going to have some spunk in her. >=D
A Beat Spider
I can't wait to see what shenanigans Hal has up his sleeve this time. >:3

User Image
___ ║▌│█│║▌║││█ _____

⁰¹- The DESTRUCTIVELUNATIC
                MENTALLY x UNSTABLE x | x PSYCHIC x HAVENITE__________________
                Eric G. Porter--.--.--.--.--.

═╗100% ╔═╗═╗ 100%
75% ╔═╝╚═╗ 75%
50% ╚═╗╔═╝ 50%
25% ═╗╚═╝═╗ 25%
PP: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ] 100%

Eric stood atop a tall building, the headphones around his neck playing a song of the old world... Eric didn't know the name of the artist or the song because he wasn't really listening. The building had a steepled roof with a flagpole jutting out of the top. He was hanging off the roof at a dangerously-horizontal angle, only managing to stay on because he was holding onto the rope that normally secured the flag. Eric let go of the rope and fell face-forward towards the ground, grinning like a madman. He telekinetically stopped himself and teleported to the ground right in front of a car. His psychosensory powers had told him that the vehicle would be running into him if he didn't do something, so he naturally had set up a physical shield. He had recently overclocked his psychic power reserves, and so he needed to get rid of the excess energy. He dropped the shield as soon as the car halted and pointed his hand at the driver, thumb in the air and his index and middle fingers pointed straight out at the concerned man. "Bang." He stated aloud, bending his elbow to simulate recoil, a bullet made completely out of Eric's psychokinetic abilities flying through the driver's skull, right as his headphones spat out the words "Another one bites the dust" from the Aerosmith song of the same name. "Now that we've done that... I feel like cake." Eric stated and teleported in front of a nearby café that may or may not serve cake. "Cake... cake cake tennis ball..." He rambled incoherently, scratching the back of his neck and then snapping the neck of an innocent bystander using telekinesis.

OUT OF CURRENT CHARACTER
[[OCC: Sorry this post took so long. I was busy with job interviews... and I was procrastinating.]]

Feisty Doll

13,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
iEverNeon
She does. She breaks rules sometimes, but mostly finds trouble.

User Image

Kim Mitchell

Kim was not sure what to think as she walked in the direction of the cafes she liked. She stopped short seeing a person fall to the ground. "I hardly think this a place to take a nap."

With those words she went around the body and into the cafe not even knowing why the man in green was muttering. She ordered her favorite drink and snack and waited for her order. "Such a strange day... My friends ditch me at the mall, a person's napping on the sidewalk... So odd."

Adorable Hunter

iEverNeon
Thank you ^^ It's good to be back in a glorious world of cacti.
Oh, you know, studying everyone and everything.

Hal felt little nearer to finding his answers as to this world's absence of its sun. Perhaps absence was the wrong word. The star was still there. Its gravity still held Earth in orbit, and it continued to bake the planet in all of its usual wavelengths on the electromagnetic spectrum... all except for the brief portion that included visible light, which spanned from 380 to 720 nanometers. This planet was lucky in that regard. Had the wavelength range that the atmosphere had spontaneously become opaque to covered a wider section of the spectrum, the planet might be locked in a permanent glacial phase by now. That was, after every living being-- with the exception of the hardiest of extremophiles-- had starved to death.

Hal had come to the conclusion that it must be the Earth's atmosphere creating the problem, or some contamination in the atmosphere. It would have been nearly impossible for the sun to magically stop transmitting light in the visible range, considering that a significant portion of its energy was emitted in this range, and so that would indicate an unprecedented shift in composition. The fact that the other stars could no longer be viewed further strengthened the conclusion. One star might change suddenly, but not an entire neighborhood of stars. There must have been something about Earth itself that had been changed. If only Hal could go above the atmosphere to make his observations, but he dared not do such at thing. Whoever was responsible for the condition of the planet might notice such a venture. He could not be noticed. That would interfere with his studies. Instead, he had been doing what he could with information gained from ground level. He saved all data that was publicly available regarding the Earth and the Sun, and of the Moon that was also invisible. He frequently watched the sky, scanning it with binoculars and telescopes. He kept himself aware of circulating news stories and the current state of the world, even giving some consideration to events that seemed completely unrelated to the lack of sunlight. He had also been sampling the plant and animal life to look for any indicative changes in their structure or behavior. The only changes to the natural world he had observed so far was the vast confusion that diurnal animals were suffering. Even nocturnal animals were not sure when, exactly, they were supposed to be awake. Predators of the night grew fat on those animals who were not adapted to see well in the dark.

At the moment, Hal was at a park tucked away in a piece of Haven that was a border between the commercial and residential districts. Behind the park were rows of houses and winding neighborhood streets. Before the park stood the skyscrapers, offices, and businesses. A few people ambled about the outskirts of the park but Hal gave them only passing glances to ensure that none were approaching him or otherwise appearing threatening. He was in the midst of the park at the playground, swinging back and forth on a swing. He was alone here, and the playground equipment cast dark, unusual shadows before the neon glow of the city. He held his binoculars in one hand, and peered through them at the various features that could be viewed from the park. At its highest point, the swing enabled him to see features that were obscured from the ground. He would have been able to see them much better from, say, a rooftop, but the swinging was helping him to relax and his searching was mostly casual for the time. He focused the power plant's tall, prominent towers in the constantly shifting view of the binoculars for several moments, admiring the architecture. After that he resumed scanning over the rest of what he could see of the city, looking for nothing in particular.

Dedicated Aggressor

Fae Moonshadow

User Image
___ ║▌│█│║▌║││█ _____

═╗100% ╔═╗═╗ 100%
75% ╔═╝╚═╗ 75%
50% ╚═╗╔═╝ 50%
25% ═╗╚═╝═╗ 25%
PP: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ] 97%

Eric soon stepped into the café after awhile of seeming lost in thought. The psychopath took no time at all to put out his hand, swiping it to the side, telekinetically flinging everyone in line to order aside. He then walked to the counter and gave a humored smile to the man behind the desk. Eric held out his hand, a fragmentation grenade appearing to life above his outstretched hand. "Well hello. Give me a thing. A good thing." He stated, watching as the man began to freak out at the sight of the grenade, quickly making Eric a coffee and one of the café's sandwiches. Eric took it and tilted his hat in thanks, he tossed the grenade up into the air and watched it fall on the counter, though now it was an apple with some money rubber-banded to it. You could almost feel the relief from the man... if you could sense it from over the madness Eric was exuding constantly.

OUT OF CURRENT CHARACTER
[[OCC: Trouble has arrived. Its name is Eric Glen Porter.]]

Dedicated Aggressor

A Beat Spider
Cacti indeed! *Stands on an cactus whilst eating an unripe Twister mat.*

User Image
___ ║▌│█│║▌║││█ _____

⁰¹- The RESOLUTEPROTECTOR
                HAVEN x POLICE x | x BUREAU x CAPTAIN__________________
                Nina R. Harlow--.--.--.--.--.

═╗100% ╔═╗═╗ 100%
75% ╔═╝╚═╗ 75%
50% ╚═╗╔═╝ 50%
25% ═╗╚═╝═╗ 25%

Nina patrolled the area, walking from the commercial district of Haven towards her place in the residential district. Something struck her as odd, though, as she passed it by. There was a full-grown man on a play-structure in the park. Nina adjusted her glasses and went to investigate. Her first instinct was to get him off the swings and standing still. "Sir. I'm going to have to ask you to get off the swing." Nina stated aloud. She may not be wearing the standard HCPD uniform, but her tone was authoritative enough, and carried that police officer drawl that just instantly informed mostly everyone that she was most likely with the police department. She even went a step further as to pull out her badge, showing it to the man on the swing. "Haven City Police Bureau. I'm Captain Harlow. I have a few questions for you." She told him, reaching for her sword, just in case she'd need it, her badge still displayed to the man on the swing.

OUT OF CURRENT CHARACTER
[[OCC: ]]

Feisty Doll

13,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
iEverNeon

User Image

Kim Mitchell

Kim huffed and looked at Eric losing her temper, "Just what is your problem? I was ordering something! I do not like being shoved to a side by whatever method you just used! Can't you even appreciate waiting in line!?"

((OOC: Kim hates being pushed aside. She's not gonna let it go lightly. XD))

Dedicated Aggressor

Fae Moonshadow

User Image
___ ║▌│█│║▌║││█ _____

═╗100% ╔═╗═╗ 100%
75% ╔═╝╚═╗ 75%
50% ╚═╗╔═╝ 50%
25% ═╗╚═╝═╗ 25%
PP: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ] 97%

Eric stared at the woman who was bad-mouthing him and closed his eyes. When he re-opened them, his luminous cyan eyes were locked onto hers. His piercing gaze seemed to run through the very core of his being. "You would challenge a man who just flung you aside with nothing but a stray thought?" He told her, the glowing of his eyes increasing. He held out his right hand towards her, an orange ball of fire appearing above his hand. The psychokinetic man stood up, tossing up the fireball and catching it. "Or, for that matter, a man who can summon a fireball into his hand with yet another stray thought." Eric continued, crushing the fireball in his hand, the flames dying with a short whooshing noise. "You're outclassed." Eric told her, and then sat down again, his mind changing the subject on him. "Bees would make a terrible beard... would they not...?" Eric mused, telekinetically lifting his fork into his hands to twirl it around in his fingers.

OUT OF CURRENT CHARACTER
[[OCC: Trouble has arrived. Its name is Eric Glen Porter.]]

Feisty Doll

13,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dragon Master 50
iEverNeon

User Image

Kim Mitchell

Kim was still ticked and wasn't shaken by his eye. The fireball did make her stop but not for too long. "I may be out classed but at least I know not to be so rude to others who were waiting in line. I came here thanks to being left at the mall with no one. I came to get a snack not pushed to the sideline! And now you're talking nonsense...? Why do I meet the odd people...?"

She put a hand to her head and shook her head clearly a bit annoyed. She went to wall and leaned against it. First her friends left then this... It clearly wasn't her day. And her temper wasn't helping anything.

Adorable Hunter

iEverNeon
*Stands on the unripe Twister map and eats a cactus.* Wait, that's not quite right. ......Ouch.

Hal heard footsteps crunching across the grass alarmingly close to his position. He immediately lowered his binoculars and looked toward the source of the noise, finding a grey-haired woman purposefully striding toward him. She was meagerly dressed but it was in a fashion designed for battle rather than simply trying to make a statement. The sword at her hip further confirmed that point. Hal was certain he was about to be attacked and had no time to wonder why. The woman was nearly upon him, telling him to get off the swing. Odd, she didn't sound angry, but authoritative. Hal had already been in the process of getting off the swing. He thought of jumping but did not want to startle the woman into attacking by making such a sudden movement, and so he instead touched his shoes to the sand below, scattering it and creating two troughs. After two passes of the ground, he had brought the swing to a standstill. He stood up, his heart racing and his body ready to react.

The woman then showed her badge, identifying herself as being Captain Harlow of the Haven City Police Bureau. That... really didn't make Hal feel at all better. If she'd just been some troublemaker out for a fight, that would have been that. Why was an authority figure taking an interest in Hal? He hoped it was merely because she wanted to ask if he had witnessed a crime in the area... but her hand near her sword seemed to indicate that she had a reason to either be wary of him or to attempt to intimidate him. His eyes moved away from the sword to look at her face, though avoiding her hardened gaze. His binoculars dangled from one hand but he knew better than to reach into his pocket to put them away. "Ah, um, c-certainly, ma'am. What m-might I a-assist you w-with?" He tried to keep his face mostly blank, with a hint of curiosity, to camouflage the apprehension that tightened his stomach; though it was too much to ask for him to keep his voice steady. It was a problem that plagued him around most people, so he hoped it wouldn't be mistaken for some indication of guilt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff