Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Flatterer

User Image╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
I could lift you up. I could show what you wanna see and take you where wanna be.
You could be my luck. Even if the sky if falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could fill your cup. You know my river wont evaporate. This world we still appreciate.
You could be my luck. Even if in a hurricane of frowns, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could show you love. In a tidal wave of mystery, you'll still be standing next to me.
You could be my luck. Even if we're six feet underground, I know that we'll be safe and sound.
╞══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
Please don't stare... : A long white dress with a pink corset.

Who I'm paying attention to : Caius.

Get out of my head. : So fun! Thank goodness I haven't fallen... Yet..

Out Of Conact :

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

User Image
          User Image

The young woman was surprised by how comfortable she was becoming on the dance floor, her mind no longer focused on the fear of failing in front of all these people. Instead, it was focused on the atmosphere. The sound of the music, the smiles of the people around her, the soft chatter of those around her, and the voice of Caius speaking to her like she wasn't below him. Which was a good thing. After moving in with her brother and her sister-in-law, Cicilia always talked to her like she was a guttersnipe.

As she listened to Caius's reasoning as he swept her into a little dip and then pulled her close to him, making her cheeks turn a bright pink once more in flush. But as the question turned to her own reasoning to not having a ring on her hand, she began to become unsure of herself once more, making her lose her footing just enough to stumble. The blush got brighter as she regained her footing and looked down toward the floor. "How embarrassing... So sorry for that... Um... Back to your question..." She stuttered softly, trying to think of any excuse for why she wasn't married, but at the same time trying to find the most prominent one.

"I don't really have a reason, I suppose... I haven't found the right guy, none of the guys from home catch my attention, none of them wanted to take the hand of a farmers daughter... On top of that, I am only seventeen, so I haven't really had a lot of dating opportunities." She said the last part with a small, almost nervous laugh. "Hope that isn't too much of a shock. You say you are 'too old', but I hope that means I'm not too young." Daci's smile spread wider as she gave a laugh at her own joke, though it probably wasn't as funny to Caius as it was to her.

╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

I fall asleep to dreams of home. Where the waves are crashing. The only place I've ever known. Now the future has me.
          I see the fire in the sky, see it all around me. I said the past is dead. The life I had is gone.Said I wont give up until I see the sun.

Waking up and letting go to the sounds of angels. Am I alive or just a ghost? Haunted by my sorrows.
          Hope is slipping through my hands, gravity is taking hold. Said I'm not afraid, that I am brave enough. I will not give up, until I see the sun.

Hold me now. 'Till the fear is leaving. I am barely breathing. Crying out, these tired wings are falling. I need you to catch me.

╘═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
          Lollilox

[Kishio]'s Fav

Hot Fox

User Image

⋟ I AM NOT A F R A I D TO FALL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'LL GET IT WRONG UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT
▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ 𝐴𝑇 𝐿𝐸𝐴𝑆𝑇 𝐼'𝑀 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝑆𝐶𝐸𝑁𝐸𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 ▀▀▀

User ImageUser Image

When Daciana stumbled, Caius paused and smiled at her, admiring the cute pink blush on her cheeks. Something about that was attractive; he couldn't place it. Maybe it was the color that reminded him of her lips? Regardless, he helped her back to her feet like any other man would, and chuckled good-naturedly, waiting for her to answer his question.

When she did, Caius could barely believe his ears. Seventeen? A farmer's daughter? My, looks were deceiving! He was pleased to hear that she hadn't had to leave a crush or anything behind, though. That would have been unfortunate. "I don't think being young is a bad thing." He mentioned. "That just means your husband will get to spend that much more time with you." He grinned. "Myself, I think it would be a privilege to spend married life with someone like you." He chuckled again, and plucked his hand from her waist, taking her right hand in both of his. His thumb ran over her knuckles, and then he lowered his lips to the back of her hand, kissing it softly. "Perhaps fate will grant us another dance tonight yet, though I think it would be prudent if you were to go turn your gorgeous smile on the prince before Ayume captures his heart." He grinned devilishly at her, dipping into a slight bow to bring himself further down to her level. "Until then, Anna. It was a pleasure to dance with you." He spared her yet another wink and let go of her hand, wading through the crowd to see if he could find the princess and take his own advice and attempt to make a connection before someone else could.

Timid Flatterer

I could lift you up. I could show what you wanna see and take you where wanna be.
You could be my luck. Even if the sky if falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could fill your cup. You know my river wont evaporate. This world we still appreciate.
You could be my luck. Even if in a hurricane of frowns, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could show you love. In a tidal wave of mystery, you'll still be standing next to me.
You could be my luck. Even if we're six feet underground, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

Who I'm paying attention to : Caius.

Get out of my head. : What to do now, I wonder? Would cutting in be rude?

Out Of Conact : Sorry for not choosing another partner. No one's really online and I didn't really want to interject on any one else's partnerships. I'll edit or post again when I get more info. sweatdrop

User Image
          User Image

Daci listened to Caius's words, taking them in with a thoughtful look on her face. She'd never thought of it that way, though the flattery of his view on being privileged about spending married life with her. Words that brought another wave of heat over her cheeks. As he pulled away from her and grabbed her hand, placing a kiss on her hand. As he spoke to her, she turned her eyes to the dancing couple that was Zak and Ayume. Turning those teal eyes back to Caius, she gave a smile back at him, though the confidence to approach the prince was was fading faster than she meant it to. "I wish you luck with your endeavors, as well, Caius." She said, giving a curtsey in return before he sauntered off, probably to find the princess.

Now on the dance floor by herself, she looked around nervously, biting her lower lip before she slowly began to walk toward the edge of the dance floor. With her own ambitions tempting her to go and cut in between the prince and Ayume, she didn't want to be rude with it. Instead, Daciana moved to the sidelines to grab a seat from the dancing. Her eyes watched the dancers carefully, examining their moves so that she might be more languid in her movements when it came to dancing with other partners. The only thoughts? Who was her next partner?

╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

I fall asleep to dreams of home. Where the waves are crashing. The only place I've ever known. Now the future has me.
          I see the fire in the sky, see it all around me. I said the past is dead. The life I had is gone.Said I wont give up until I see the sun.

Waking up and letting go to the sounds of angels. Am I alive or just a ghost? Haunted by my sorrows.
          Hope is slipping through my hands, gravity is taking hold. Said I'm not afraid, that I am brave enough. I will not give up, until I see the sun.

Hold me now. 'Till the fear is leaving. I am barely breathing. Crying out, these tired wings are falling. I need you to catch me.

╘═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User Image

Lynnea seemed just as nervous as he was bout this dance. Playing with her hands, glancing towards the exit, and her hand trembling when she placed it in his. It was reassuring in a way though he couldn't help but wonder if she was just nervous about the dance or worried about how good of a dancer he was given his upbringing. Even so, she allowed him to lead him onto the dance floor, much to his relief.

After a slight stumble, a moment of awkwardness while they figured out the proper stance for dancing, she started to answer his questions. While his eyes were on hers as she spoke, Wren couldn't help but be tempted to look down and make sure he didn't step on her feet or trip on her dress. That could really be the most embarrassing part of the night if it did happen. A fugitive look down. A quick smile. So far so good. The tempo of the music was slow enough that as long as he didn't try to get ahead of it, things should be fine... Right? He was told that the trick to all of this was to not think so much about it and just do what felt natural, but what part of this was natural? Not the constricting clothing and most definitely not this kind of formal dancing.

But at least he did have rather pleasant company and that was something to be grateful for. A smile graced his lips as she spoke, his eyes lighting up in interest as she told him her opinion on this arrangement. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Who knows, the Prince might fall for you in the end! But don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Wren couldn't help but wonder why she decided to accept the invitation seeing that she felt that way, but then realized that Lynnea had already given him the answer: wanting to learn as much as possible. Well, to him it was an acceptable answer. "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I think any man would be lucky to have you at his side. And regardless of who is picked in the end, everyone has something they can offer the Prince and Princess. As much as we will learn from them, I'm sure they will learn something of equal value from us."

Hmm. Maybe this was a bit too serious for an initial conversation. He didn't know her that well and had no idea whether or not she was like the group he would sit around discussing ideas with until the early hours of the morning. But Lynnea did seem to be an intelligent young lady in addition to being quite easy on the eyes. Though he had yet to meet any of the other ladies vying for the Prince's hand, it would be quite a shame if she wasn't one of the Prince's top picks. Honesty and humility was always a good trait in a princess.

Continuing to dance with her, Wren tried to keep his eyes on hers though every now and again, he couldn't resist the urge to sneak a look down at his feet. "I'm sorry, I'm not very good at this sort of thing. It's a completely foreign world and will certainly take some getting used to." Dancing in the inn was a loud, nearly chaotic, affair. People laughing, the occasional cry of surprise, and everyone with a smile on their face. This was incredibly subdued and he could actually hear himself think! Incredible. "But like you said, it's a learning process, it'll come in time." Hopefully before the next ball.

"If we ever have some time to ourselves while we're here, I would enjoy learning a little more about the plants that are around here. The palace does have some spectacular gardens, or so I've heard. Of course if you don't want to, that's perfectly alright as well."
User Image

Ryoga Shimazu

The Handsome Devil

"You believe yourself to be plain but in reality; you just haven't shown your true vibrant colors." Ryoga said as they danced giving Etana a quick twirl. Midway into the twirl he stopped the princess with her back to him placing his head over her shoulder. "I want you to look around at this elegant hall we are dancing in & realize that this beauty came from just plain stones" Ryoga added pointing around the hall trying to guide her eyes as he gave his statement. Immediately after he slowly turned Etana back toward himself. Sometimes his love for art brought out a intimate & passionate side to him & it clearly showed as they danced.

Marion-san
Sorry about the short post sweatdrop

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
▩ She said she can't do it any more...
▩ Every storm runs out of rain!

▩ The going got rough and she walked out the door

▩ Like every dark night turns into day!

▩ I'm still waiting for a sign...

User ImageUser Image

User Image

I hope I don't look silly in this dress...

tab tab tab At his small comment, almost barely audible as if he were talking to himself rather than her, she tried to smile in good t houmour but it turned into a grimace, followed up by a slight sigh, her delicate features furrowing in a discontent frown. Her unhappy expression only deepened as he spoke about finding a queen even as the meeting was arranged. Yes of course it was possible but he was missing the point...

tab tab tab She didn't have time to comment though as he twirled her about and she blinked as she went with the motion, feeling clumsy compared to his grace. She blinked in surprise as she settled back into place and continued speaking. He hoped all of the girls were as forward as she? Well that was different. And then his compliment. She hated the blush that appeared on her cheeks, and her awkward glance away.

tab tab tab "You're very handsome when you smile." She answered lamely, her voice strained. She wasn't used to recieving compliments.

tab tab tab

▩ And I just wanna know...
▩ Every heartache will fade away!

▩ Are you gonna be alright?

▩ Like every storm runs out of rain?

▩ You're gonna survive, but will you be alright?

User ImageUser Image

Shameless Flatterer

11,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
tab

tab

User ImageUser Image

tab tab tab Location Ballroom Mood Charmed, Playful Company Nobles, Zak, the Suitors, Father&Mother
tab tab tab Thoughts Oh my . . . very smooth

Suddenly Ryoga's face became very austere but his eyes possessed a sultry look that grasped Etana's and drew her in closer to him as he began to maneuver her into a spin. His first words in response had quieted the princess with his voice and low tone lulling her into a trance as she dedicated her heated ears to his every shocking word. Her expression mirrored his with a reserved hedonic touch as to not be mistaken for an over flattered look, like most the younger girl might have shown any such lavish compliments a man may give. Of course that was because Etana was far from the image of a "girl" and indeed a woman.

As she spun the princess' hair clung to her, it would not fling out to the side but because of its weight graze the floor. There was no need for her to worry about it getting dirty, the palace was immaculate, but the crystals that were strategically placed into selected curls by her hair dresser would catch the light of the room and sparkle majestically while she twirled. They would glint every so often as she moved across the floor with any partner and thusly identify her as the princess because only she would have such a glamorous look and enrapturing style with all that voluminous, thick hair. She was always envied by her peers for never having a problem with frizzing and humidity.

Etana was about to reach out and return her hand atop Ryoga's shoulder, when she felt first the tips of his fingers and then his palm lightly touching and then pressing to the back of her own bare shoulder. Her hair had moved partially to the side and was now between the two. The princess noted Ryoga's consideration for her locks as he kept himself from leaning in too close to crush the elaborate hairdo. She could feel the heat of his breath on her ear, that was burning from the flattery though no blush would show on her porcelain skin. She was used to these words, and knew how to keep her reactions in check to avoid leading anyone on, or revealing her deeper feelings.

Though he did bend his torso far enough forward to place his face near hers over her shoulder. The young woman turned her head slightly up and looked back at Lord Shimazu. Her eyes pressed into their corners to see the passionate look in his eye over the subject of art as he tried to convey with his words the level of intimacy the practice held. As he spoke Etana smiled playfully with her mouth slightly agape not so that it looked unladylike, but flirtatious and amused. She directed her gaze to the walls of the hall as Ryoga subtly instructed her with his voice and pointed finger. The princess surveyed the structures, pillars, flying buttresses, and the large stones that made up the bricks of the walls.

Etana closed her mouth, pressing her lips into a tight sideways smirk as Ryoga turned her around to face him directly. Her hand returned to his shoulder as he raised their cupped ones back to the proper position and his other hand to her waist again. His hold may have even felt a bit possessive.

The princess stared into his captivating eyes for a moment before teasingly saying "Very smooth Lord Shimazu, your capabilities to woo a woman are quite highly marked. Of course I will not say this rudely as to discredit it being your natural personality. Men with unfiltered admiration for beautiful things are very refreshing, and charming." The young woman stressed the word "beautiful" slightly to keep from sounding vain and smiled with a playful little inclination and tilt of her head.

tab

𝓞𝓞𝓒 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                Etana's hair is so perf, and we're so spice!

Raijin Kibagami
                                                                Slightly edited !!

[Kishio]'s Fav

Hot Fox

User Image

⋟ I AM NOT A F R A I D TO FALL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'LL GET IT WRONG UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT
▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ 𝐴𝑇 𝐿𝐸𝐴𝑆𝑇 𝐼'𝑀 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝑆𝐶𝐸𝑁𝐸𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 ▀▀▀

User ImageUser Image

Wading through the crowd hadn't been a challenge for the tall young man. He spotted Etana's pale hair bouncing around on the dance floor, with her dance partner. Caius sidled up beside them and caught the very last few words of their conversation before he intruded on their space, a grin on his face and a mischievous sparkle behind his eyes. "Princess, playing favorites already? Too cruel." He chuckled and held out his hand expectantly for the girl to take it. "I haven't even had a chance to introduce myself properly and you've already given your affections to Ryo."
Caius twiddled his fingers at her and waited for her to put her hand in his. "Didn't your mother teach you how to share?"
He reached behind his back with his other hand as if to bow, and dipped his head forward for a brief moment before bringing the hand back with another blossom for the princess. Another pretty white bloom rested in the palm of his hand, offering itself to the princess as he unfurled his fingers. "Dance with me?"

Fanatical Bibliophile

User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

A look of genuine surprise crossed his face when she paid him a compliment in return for the one he had paid her. There was that doting attitude that he had been expecting from the get go, but, for the moment at least, she seemed to genuinely mean it. She wasn’t just saying it to better her position. He made a contented noise in his throat, though the smile did not return. “Thank you,” he replied quietly, averting his eyes as he tried to not let the remark appear to appease him too much. Such a thing was vanity, was it not? He continued leading her through the steps of the dance, making small talk and chatter throughout in an attempt to distract from the touch of her hands.

It was all he could do, when the song finally ended, to keep himself from turning finding some way to rid her touch from his skin. The desire had nothing to do with the lady herself, but it was strong and compelling, but he managed to keep a hold of her hand as he released her. He bowed stiffly at the waist, and, as expected, brushed his lips briefly across the back of her hand in accordance to thanking her for the dance. “Perhaps a walk around the gardens you had mentioned enjoying before would be in order for our next meeting?” he suggested, knowing full well how awkward that sounded. It was his first time, ever, asking a young woman out. There had to be some slack to it. “There are many sights and plants out there that you may find intriguing.”

And a walk, as a new couple, wouldn’t require them touching. It was innocuous enough, right?

With a final bow, he left her at that, turning before taking a breath to steady his nerves. One down, two to go before his Father would allow him to take the breather he so desperately wanted right now. He took a few seconds to recompose himself, trying to relax in spite of himself, before he approached the young woman that currently had no partner. “Lady Daciana” he said, offering her his hand (which was stiff and strained already at the very thought of contact). “May I have this dance?

User Image
                                          OOC: Remove the white tags to use
                                          DJ Hope 1990

Saphire_L_Fox

Timid Flatterer

Who I'm paying attention to : Zakeus

Get out of my head. : What to do now, I wonder? Would cutting in be rude?

Out Of Conact : Sorry that it's so short.

User Image
          User Image

Daci waited, her hum low in her throat as she kept up with the tune of the music, her eyes on the beautiful instruments that the musicians were playing with expert fingers. As the song ended, her lips turned into a light grin as she watched them compose themselves to start the next song. After a few minutes of pause, her eyes turned to the figure approaching her. Zakeus looked almost as uncomfortable with this whole ball as she did, but she was unsure for the reason of his discomfort.

She smiled at him as he extended a very stiff and seemingly uncertain hand to her. Slowly, she reached forward and took his hand. "Yes, that would be lovely. Though I must warn you that I am utterly terrible at dancing." Daciana said with a vibrant smile and a nervous laugh as she stood from her seat and followed the prince to the dance floor.

Marion-san

Hardcore Duck

13,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

x
█████████████████ █████████████████ ███████████████
im really gettin boredx

xxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Imagexxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            xxxxxx
            · Ⓛⓨⓝⓝⓔⓐ xxxxxⒸⓛⓐⓡⓔⓣ ·
            x
            xxxxxxxxxxx▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

It was kind of Wren to encourage the possibilty that the Prince would fall for someone like her, but instead of arguing the point further, Lynn simply smiled appreciatively. She honestly didn't care either way if the Prince fell for her or not, she just wanted to enjoy her short time here. Blushing as Wren practically gave her a compliment, Lynn averted her eyes and watched as their feet sailed awkwardly across the floor. Not that she knew anything about dancing, but it seemed as if her partner was as equally ungraceful as she was. Smiling in relief that she wasn't the only person here who didn't know how to dance, Lynn looked back up at Wren's face as he admitted to his lack of dancing skills. Letting out a rare giggle before she caught herself, Lynn cleared her throat, but could not clear the large smile from her lips.

"Please, no need to apologize. I'm just glad I haven't broken your toes or caused you to run away at this point."

The more minutes that passed by, the more comfortable and relaxed Lynnea was becoming with Wren. Despite her initial worries, he was actually quite approachable and warming to talk to. If all the men here were like this, then what was she even worried about in the first place? And the Prince...if she could feel like this around him too without stuttering or making a fool of herself, then who knows, maybe she would have a chance at becoming a princess.

The music began to die down and Lynn noticed that the others were ending their dance and switching to new partners. A quick moment of panic flared in Lynn's eyes and she looked from Wren to the musicians in dismay. Now that wasn't fair, she was just getting used to things and now she had to dance with someone new? She still didn't even have a hang of dancing yet! Feeling Wren's hands fall from her waist, she reluctantly dropped her hand from his shoulder and clasped her hands in from of her dress again. This time though, she wrung her fingers nervously against the other and bit her lower lip in anticipation of who was next to approach her. At Wren's offer to explore the palace's gardens during their next encounter, Lynn's nervousness dissipated for a moment. Pleasantly surprised that he would want to be in her company again, another smile crept across Lynn's fair features as she nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh! Yes I would enjoy that very much! I was also hoping to explore the gardens here a bit and having someone with me would be lovely...not to mention it will make it harder for me to get lost..."

Realizing she had just let one of her faults slip out, she blushed again and gave a quick, parting courtesy. It was sad to leave him after such a short time, but the other dancers were already choosing their partners and crowding the dance floor once again. Another song was picking back up and Lynn backed up to the sidelines again, hands still clasped tightly in front of her as she scanned the crowd nervously. The Prince had chosen a different dance partner so she was spared for yet another round.
User Image

Ryoga Shimazu

The Handsome Devil

"I'm humbled by your words, but I'm sure you have a passion for something as well" As they finished dancing, Ryoga gave a slight bow bringing Etana's hand to his lips & placing a gentle kiss. "Hopefully I'll get to see that passion the more acquainted we become..." He said lowering her hands slowly with a heart-warming smile. As his eyes scanned her overall appearance capturing the image of her now to remember for future reference. However his eyes continued to not only scan her, but the entire dance hall as well. "Just keep in mind that you aren't plain like you say..." Despite mentioning it a moment ago, Ryoga felt he needed to remind her. "With the body of a goddess & a voice that can beckon the most peaceful of animals to hear you voice" He said as he closed his eyes & visualized the beautiful sight that he created in his mind. "When I make you portrait, it will be quite clear at dazzling you truly are Mi'lady Etana"

samoholic

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
▩ She said she can't do it any more...
▩ Every storm runs out of rain!

▩ The going got rough and she walked out the door

▩ Like every dark night turns into day!

▩ I'm still waiting for a sign...

User ImageUser Image

User Image

I hope I don't look silly in this dress...

tab tab tab Fortunately she would not have seen the startled look appear across the princes face. She was too busy looking at their feet, her face red. You're handsome when you smile? What kind of lame thing to say was that AYUME? UGH! He's handsome all the time, not just when he smiled. But what she'd MEANT was that he was even more handsome when he smiled, because when he smiled she could see he was delicate through it, and gentle. His smile was gentle. Oh god, but that didn't make much sense to anyone but her, so instead she'd bitten her cheek to keep herself from going into an explanation which would further embarrass her.

tab tab tab She did her best to make conversation as they danced, however the pink tinged of herself mutilation through her words remained eminent on her cheeks. Every thing she failed to find a semi-intelligent response to, she fumbled over her words, her embarrassment growing. By the end of the dance she wanted to stomp on her own foot. She wished her sisters were here. Every time she opened her mouth and began to get herself in trouble, Sakura or Momo would give her foot a good stomp, promptly shutting her up so she didn't squeal out in pain. She looked at the prince apologetically, her face clearly full of distress as the music ended. She was about to apologize to him for being so...whatever it was that she was when he let her go and bowed, putting the back of her hand to his lips, a thanks for the dance. Then he spoke - and his words were like magic.

tab tab tab Her pretty delicate features went from distressed and embarrassed to brilliant, bright, and hopeful. She nodded at him eagerly, her face pulling up into a sunny smile as she gave him a curtsy - awkward as it was. He bowed once more and walked away - and while he approached the girl with dark hair (Much prettier than she was - what was she even doing here, trying to compare to these two girls? With her freakish vibrant hair and her loud mouth...ugh. Maybe she could hang herself with her sheets tonight...) and offered his hand she let her happy smile fade away. Alone again. She looked around, her chest tightening as that thought occurred to her.

tab tab tab She was completely alone in this room full of people. And she would be alone forever... or at least until they sent her home or something. She'd be alone tonight... and the clouds did not promise a clear starry night. Her chest and lung constricted further as she stared at the floor, her gaze had naturally fallen away so she hadn't been staring at anyone purposely. One hand flitted to her chest as she tried to focus on breathing and not hyperventilating.

tab tab tab Alone...Alone... Alone. She almost shook her head vigorously to try and force the nasty realization out of her head - but that would look strange wouldn't it, to all the ladies that were still casting envious looks her away between glares at Daciana. She took a step back. She was going to try and melt into the crowd. Slip away. Go put her head between her knees. But she realized with wariness. she was too vibrant. Her stupidly shockingly pink hair, her purple dress that the prince had said complimented her (Did that mean she stood out more? Oh heavens no wonder she was getting nasty looks from all of these pretty women...) Her hand went to the hair that was primped and curled neatly, as if trying to cover the obscenity that was her hair. There was no way she was going to be able to slip away. So she closed her eyes simply, trying to curb the panic that had so cruelly risen within the clutches of her stomach and up to her chest and constricted her throat blocking her airways.

tab tab tab Stupid nobles, with their stupid scrutinizing glares and their stupid balls. Whatever you do Ayume, don't faint. That's the last thing you need on this already hellish trip to the palace.

▩ And I just wanna know...
▩ Every heartache will fade away!

▩ Are you gonna be alright?

▩ Like every storm runs out of rain?

▩ You're gonna survive, but will you be alright?

User ImageUser Image

Fanatical Bibliophile

User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

He chuckled, the sound a little stiff, taking the young woman’s hand as she automatically attempted to discount her own abilities on the dance floor. Granted he had not been watching her all too closely, being focused instead on the young woman he had been dancing with, but his eye had not been drawn to anyone overly clumsy in their dance. Having been trained for years on the superfluous activity (which it truly was, during the war), he was sure he would have noticed if there was someone out there who was ridiculously underskilled.

Well, he would have if they had fallen or caused a scene somehow. Which apparently hadn’t happened.

Give her the benefit of the doubt, then. “Fear not, Lady Daciana,” he told her, a serious look on his face as he pulled her into his arms just moments before the band started playing again. He was trying to not cringe, trying to force himself to relax, to enjoy the moment, but was unable to entirely. He was sure he was never going to get used to this. Hopefully… hopefully she, the woman to one day be his wife, would understand, and have patience with him. “I was taught long enough for the both of us, though I do have to admit I find your lack of skill in dancing strange, give your interests.” She was a musician, as he was. Though he had had dance lessons built into his upbringing and education, before those began he would beg Etana to show him something. Or, barring that, would just run around like a chicken, acting like a loon and called it dancing. “Did you just not find time in between playing the instruments to dance a step or two? Or was there just no interest?

User Image
                                          OOC: Remove the white tags to use
                                          Saphire_L_Fox

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

The Queen had been quite content to stand back, her hand on her husband’s arm in the loving gesture that was never too far gone, and watch their children get to know the young people that were one day to join their little family. She would have to admit that she was more than a little excited about the notion. She had always wanted more children, but just having the two had proved to be more of a struggle than her body could handle. This would be a welcome change of pace, to say the least. More people around, even if not all would stay in the long run.

Oh she just hoped her children chose wisely. Etana needed a good, sturdy husband who was able to keep up with her in her endeavors to better the world, and Zak needed someone to help him open up. Hopefully there were two in the group that could help them do just that and more.

The lovely woman stood long and lovingly there, more than happy to just observe, until she saw something happen out of the corner of her eye. Oh dear. That new servant girl was such a silly thing, working her way around the edge of the dance floor, offering drinks to the people switching partners. The young woman should have been on the outside of the group, because—Oops! The Queen shook her head, watching it happen. A young courtier on the dance floor, who had been eyeing her daughter and neglecting his partner, had accidentally bumped into the young servant, and the cups on her tray had tumbled, emptying their contents over the servant’s tray, down her gown, and splashing on the floor. From here it looked like….

Emilia smiled up at her husband, patting his arm before giving him a light kiss on the cheek. She excused herself from his side, crossing the room as patted her hair to check for imaginary strays, before coming up to Etana. A flock of servants were already clearing the mess away, but there was little they could do for her daughter’s dress.

At least it would wash out.

Etana, darling” she said with a smile, gently placing a hand on her shoulder before she parted with Ryoga and took Caius’ offered hand. The sooner she took care of her dress, the sooner she could return to the fun to meet her partners. Or, as she knew she probably would, fret over her brother, who appeared to be doing okay in the moment. “Go and take care of your dress. If he will have me, I shall dance with your partner while you clean up. Tell him all your secrets, yes?” she said, offering the young red headed man a caring smile before offering him her hand. “Shall we dance, Lord… Caius, was it?

Lollilox

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces