Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

User Image

The prince wasn't as bright-eyed as Dominic thought. He understood his responsibility and it looked like his spoiled upbringing somehow didn't give him the hope and confidence he expected. There must have been more to his story than just that. Zakeus at least praised Dominic for his eagerness, which he supposed was a start. He hoped he could get in good with the family without having to confront the King much. He was just as much of a mean old b*****d as he had anticipated, and he doubted he could get away with the same gentle ribbing as he had just given the prince. He'd have to ask around about the king's likes and such, but for now, the prince and princess were his priorities.

The busty one had replied to him, and just like that, he found himself with a difficult decision. Dominic looked to her and leaned back on his chair slightly, patting his chest a little. "I got a little parting gift from one of the raiders, a nice cut across the chest, but I've had worse." He wasn't lying, but considering his 'worse' was a life-threatening injury or two, it meant a lot less coming from him than others. "Besides, seeing you ripping my poor silky bodice open at the table is sure to have your boyfriends after my throat." As much as he wouldn't have minded the attention in literally any other situation, Dominic had to control himself here. No fights, and no unwarranted sex without express permission from someone likely to make him Prince. If he had to, there was a perfectly good town he could sneak off to to conduct such business.

Marion-san
                                            DJ Hope 1990

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
▩ She said she can't do it any more...
▩ Every storm runs out of rain!

▩ The going got rough and she walked out the door

▩ Like every dark night turns into day!

▩ I'm still waiting for a sign...

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Much Better than Blood!

tab tab tab Ayume raised her brow at the man when he responded to her. A cut on his chest hum? She didn't know much about him, so she wasn't sure how badly it was from his description. She reached for her bag but stopped at his next phrase. Rip his bodice off? Why was he wearing a bodice? Well he ...wasn't of course. Why would she rip it off anyway? And her boyfriends? She looked back up at him - confused for just a second before she got it.

tab tab tab He was making a jab at her friendship with Caius. And...whoever else. She rolled her eyes and straightened out, her blue eyes surveying him carefully. She had a decision to make on how she would respond and all of the choices were tempting. Did she have the energy to do anything other than simply shut him up however? Of course she did.

tab tab tab Walking towards him slowly she sidled up to him and rested a hand gently on his shirt, batting her blue eyes up to him. "How adorable you are.." she said batting her eye lashes, smiling up at him as her hand slide up his chest, careful to not put any actual weight to it - aware that there was a wound under there. "Assuming that I would want to ever rip any of your clothes off." Her hand flicked up to his fast and rested on his cheek, her coy smile turning into a grin. "If I wanted to rip something off of you... I would have done it by now." she said, patting his cheek playfully. "Now. Shall I look at that 'parting gift' or not?"

▩ And I just wanna know...
▩ Every heartache will fade away!

▩ Are you gonna be alright?

▩ Like every storm runs out of rain?

▩ You're gonna survive, but will you be alright?

User Image

MrUnimportant

[Kishio]'s Fav

Hot Fox

User Image

⋟ I AM NOT A F R A I D TO FALL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL YOU CAN WATCH ME LOSE IT ALL ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'LL GET IT WRONG UNTIL I GET IT RIGHT
▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ 𝐴𝑇 𝐿𝐸𝐴𝑆𝑇 𝐼'𝑀 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝑆𝐶𝐸𝑁𝐸𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 ▀▀▀

User ImageUser Image

Barely after he'd made his second appearance, Caius had spotted Ayume and Emil, catching the tail end of the words spoken to him as he sat down. Well, that was a new one. Babysitting an injured girl sounded a lot like responsibility that Caius didn't want.
He sat down beside Ayume, doing nothing but perking a brow when she rounded on him. The redhead reached for some food, piling a plate up high, figuring he might as well eat while he could.
"You should listen, once and a while." He chided, figuring Emil had a point. She looked pretty bad. The gasp of pain did nothing to convince him otherwise.

Ripping a roll in half, he dipped some in some stew and munched on it, not exactly hungry but knowing he should eat something. Ayume, too.

Thankfully, distraction came as another took her attention, and Caius began shoving food from his plate to Ayume's while she was otherwise incapacitated.
He had to snigger under his breath when it all blew over and Ayume had basically shut down any and all advances, or whatever that had been, with a laugh.
"Well then, it seems like you're hungry Ayume." He spoke, gesturing to her now heaped plate. "Look at all that food. Get some of it down and I might let you leave the table early." He smiled at her, friendly, joking, and resumed eating his stew-dipped roll. "You know Emil was looking out for you, right, dodo?" He waved the roll in her direction. "I know you mean well but you're a mess. Dinner and then bed." Plain and simple, there it was. Sad, but true.
Knowing Ayume, she'd probably just get out of bed and venture off anyway, but what she did after he left her was her own business. She was a grown woman. Kind of. In the mental state at least. She knew what she wanted, and evidently how to get it. Still, he felt bad for her, especially knowing she was in pain. So, in an effort to show kindness, he had to at least try to get her to make a good decision for herself.

Aged Gaian

User Image

The girl was making an effort to get him all hot and bothered. A good one, if the time his eyes spent on her cleavage as she leaned up to him was an indication, but otherwise he kept mostly quiet and still. He liked a good tease once in a while, but when it came from a girl who hated him, he knew the results were never good.

Ah, she disrespected him so good. A shame that the princess was probably too modest for such dialogue. Even if his mission was a success, he was sure the wedding night would be as awkward and graceless as trying to bathe a kitten. Hopefully she wouldn't mind if they both started looking for secret loves outside the marriage. That wasn't terribly uncommon among high nobility, as far as he had heard.

"If only all the girls in this castle had your... moxie," he mused, glancing back to her face. He began unbuttoning his shirt. "I wonder what kind of injuries you've seen before. You're no field medic, so you likely haven't seen the worst of the worst. But you may just be the only girl here who can look this over without flinching."

Once the shirt was unbuttoned, he pulled it open to show where he had been bandaged, but surrounding that, in places all along his chest, was a patchwork of scars. Some were cleanly stitched; reminders of a time when Dominic's career was at its peak and had a professional on board to sew him up after a rough battle. Others had healed far less well, some from his early days before he was a captain, others from when he had suffered massive losses and had little more than a raft to carry his loot away and briny rags to stop his bleeding. His arms and legs had some scars to them as well, but they were well hidden away. One could consider him a very lucky man for surviving such an arduous existence, or very unlucky for having to live through it.

"I guess it's worth mentioning, I had a pretty interesting life," he muttered, more quietly, though likely still audible to those closely listening. "There isn't a man in here who has as many stories as me. That's what makes me prince material. I'm not sure what the others think they've got."

DJ Hope 1990

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
▩ She said she can't do it any more...
▩ Every storm runs out of rain!

▩ The going got rough and she walked out the door

▩ Like every dark night turns into day!

▩ I'm still waiting for a sign...

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Much Better than Blood!

tab tab tab Ayume was certain he was going to pass on the help, so her blue eyes turned to Caius when he spoke up and she gave him a soft smile, nodding. Sure...she'll eat. If she could manage it. IT was clear that Caius in his own way, was worried about her. Which... was funny. She almost decided to tease him about it before Dominic responded to her as well. "If only all the girls in this castle had your... moxie." and his hands moved to the top of his shirt. She waited then, directing her next words at Caius. "I know he was. I'm just mule headed. I'll eat in a moment then, I promise." She said, opening her pack.

However Dominic's next words were a mistake and her hands stopped mid-rummage and her blue eyes looked up at him. DESPITE what she had just seen today... he was wrong. Her blue eyes went to his and her small body trembled...she wasn't sure with what. Offense? No... defensiveness? No...it wasn't even indignation. In fact... she was surprised when she realized her eyes were burning with tears. His shirt was undone, and he leaned against the table, bearing his scars and wounds to her. I guess it's worth mentioning, I had a pretty interesting life. There isn't a man in here who has as many stories as me. That's what makes me prince material. I'm not sure what the others think they've got."

Still, it took several seconds for Ayume to respond, his more recent even more arrogant words making her eyes narrow up at him challengingly."You have no idea what the ******** I've seen. So until you do, you keep your Gods-Be-Damned mouth SHUT about it." She told him in a low voice.For anyone that knew her... Ayume's regular vocabulary didn't have such vulgar language in them - but she wasn't worried about offended Zak or even amusing Caius in this moment, she was more concerned about keeping her temper in check.

He was right. She wasn't a field medic. But the medical place that she and her parents one. It had become a place where soldiers came to die comfortably off the battle field. A place where they could die slowly, holding the hands of their wives or the women they would have married. Telling their children how much they loved them while she and her sisters and her parents would try to keep their intestines in place long enough to make arrangements, filled them with enough Milk of the Poppy to keep them from screaming in anguish with every heartbeat. Her small hands flew up, in them a small knife and she cut the bandage off of his body with a certain grace that only came with many years of practice, her lips pursed as she examined the long wound. It was deep enough to not be superficial, and it needed actual cleaning. Putting the bag on the table she pulled out a few cotton swaps and antiseptic liquid and began to clean his wound - perhaps being a TINY bit rougher than she needed to be.

"And if you think you can rule a country by telling it stories then you're quite stupid Sir Dominic. Ruling a country is not the SAME as ruling a group of thugs." Her eyes flashed up, her fingers still inside the cut - daring him to react to her insult as she almost-gently slid the cotton ball down, cleaning the dirt and dried blood that had been left behind by the previous medic.

▩ And I just wanna know...
▩ Every heartache will fade away!

▩ Are you gonna be alright?

▩ Like every storm runs out of rain?

▩ You're gonna survive, but will you be alright?

User Image

MrUnimportant

Lonely Puppy

User ImageUser Image
      XXXXXXXLocation - - - Palace Hall xxxxxWith - - - KalliopexxxxxFeeling - - - Nervous

Though Emil didn’t believe the princess to be a liar, he felt there was more to the story than she was willing to convey. Of course, he simply brushed it off. He knew better than to push any subject too far, especially in that moment. Perhaps at a later date, he could slyly weasel the information out of her. Until then, she could keep her secrets.

“Yes, this is true. I imagine learning the palaces layout will be number one on our lesson to do list after today.” He tried to remain carefree and lighten up the somber mood, but nervousness bit at every words he uttered. Emil studied Kalliope’s expressions carefully. Even while peering forward, he watched her out of the corner of his eyes. She looked so pained when he approached her. He felt, if he looked away for even a second, the princess might fall apart. Or, maybe he was being too cautious…

The blonde stared blankly as Kalliope took a few steps away from him. Was the sound of his stomach really that frightening? It was certainly a peculiar reaction he had not expected to receive. A confusing one at that. The words that followed definitely caught Emil’s attention. He stopped walking all together, completely froze in his tracts despite their steps having finally fallen into synch. “What is it, exactly, you imagine I would do?” Surely, the princess meant no harm with her words. Emil had heard of her strong (near hardheaded) personality. He thought he would be prepared for it, but after today…the blonde couldn’t help feeling a little offended.

After a silent moment, Emil regretfully thought back to the thick layer of malice coating his words. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “My apologies, princess. I should not have spoken to you in such a manner.”

>>>>>>>>>>TALKING BRINGS THE TOOTHACHES ONxxxxSWALLOW MY PRIDE WITH AN ASPIRINxxxxBECAUSE I SAY THE STUPIDEST THINGS
                                  >>>>>>>>>>TALKING BRINGS THE TOOTHACHES ONxxxxSWALLOW MY PRIDE WITH AN ASPIRINxxxxBECAUSE I SAY THE STUPIDEST THINGS
                                  >>>>>>>>>>xxI WOULD RATHER PICK FLOWERS INSTEAD OF FIGHTS
                                  >>>>>>>>>>
                                  >>>>>>>>>>RXAXTXHXEXRXXTXHXAXNXXFXLXAXUXNXTXXMXYXXSXTXYXLXEXXIX'XLXLXXFXLXAXSXHXXAXXSXMXIXLXEXXOXFXXCXLXEXAXNXXPXEXAXRXLXYXXWXHXIXTXEXS

Timid Flatterer

User Image╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
I could lift you up. I could show what you wanna see and take you where wanna be.
You could be my luck. Even if the sky if falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could fill your cup. You know my river wont evaporate. This world we still appreciate.
You could be my luck. Even if in a hurricane of frowns, I know that we'll be safe and sound.

I could show you love. In a tidal wave of mystery, you'll still be standing next to me.
You could be my luck. Even if we're six feet underground, I know that we'll be safe and sound.
╞══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
Please don't stare... : This little number.

Who I'm paying attention to : Zakeus and myself... A bit of everyone else too...

Get out of my head. : Nervous... But...

Out Of Conact :

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

User Image
          User Image

Daci had begun to ignore everyone as they spoke, her ears not hearing the words though her eyes watched their mouths move, her mind warped inside of itself as thoughts of her family ran rampant behind her eyes. What if her brother had been at the fight? Was he as well as everyone here? Or did he...? No. Her brother was a good general and a very good fighter. It would take more than a few bandits to win a fight over him. She comforted herself with the thought of going to see him tomorrow or perhaps asking if he might be brought to the castle if she couldn't leave, just to ease her worries. The teal eyed woman nodded to her thoughts, agreeing that it sounded like a good plan as those around her continued to speak.

It wasn't until the sound of her name that she looked up suddenly, as if she was being pulled back into reality by it to see Zak, who looked more stressed than she felt, and it wasn't a surprise to her in the least. As he sat down in a seat beside her, she turned her body to face him completely, showing him that he had her full attention as he folded his hands in his lap. His question, however, made her uneasy and it showed on her face immediately. But she thought about it for a moment before turning her eyes around crowd. Would they even like her instrument? Or her music? What if no one enjoyed what her mother had wrote? It didn't matter much what they thought, so long as it helped calm down the prince, who at least enjoyed her sound.

Daciana gave him a nod. "Of course. Could I possibly borrow a guitar player or some other similar musical instrument, please? For the song that I would like to play, I need a partner. I have the music sheet for it. I will be right back with my my instrument and the music." She said to him with a small smile, even though behind her eyes, her nerves were screaming at her. Panic didn't set in until she stood from her chair and began out of the room to grab her items. Her feet touched the ground with soft clicks as she avoided people in the halls, who, she knew not. Daciana wasn't really paying attention to the people as her feet hurried to her room.

She went to her bags and pulled out her instrument and her sheet music. Fingering through the papers, she found the song she wanted to play and smiled to herself, lovingly running her fingers over the page before she stood and made her way back out of her room and down to the dining room.

When she entered the dining room, her nerves were kicking in full force as she heard people speaking, but once more, her ears didn't really hear the words as she approached Zakeus and gave him a nervous smile. "Where would you like me to play?"

╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

I fall asleep to dreams of home. Where the waves are crashing. The only place I've ever known. Now the future has me.
          I see the fire in the sky, see it all around me. I said the past is dead. The life I had is gone.Said I wont give up until I see the sun.

Waking up and letting go to the sounds of angels. Am I alive or just a ghost? Haunted by my sorrows.
          Hope is slipping through my hands, gravity is taking hold. Said I'm not afraid, that I am brave enough. I will not give up, until I see the sun.

Hold me now. 'Till the fear is leaving. I am barely breathing. Crying out, these tired wings are falling. I need you to catch me.

╘═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
          Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Ayume seemed to have completely stepped into the conversation he had been holding with the blonde Dominic, which, he had to admit, he appreciated, for no other reason than the fact that he needed a break from the overbearing spirits around him. He would have to show her appreciation later on, and apologize for letting her take the brunt of the young man’s abrasiveness. Zak himself had turned instead to give full focus on Daciana, growing increasingly concerned with her quiet solitude.

Oops. Maybe he shouldn’t have asked her out of the blue like that, but in a more private manner. He despised causing anyone the slightest bit of discomfort (especially adding to the stresses already plagued to them), and it was obvious that he had. She seemed to be completely beside herself, concerned about performing before the small crowd. How he wished he could take his question back in that exact second, but before he could quietly tell her to not worry about it, she spoke up, seeming to resign herself as she agreed, asking for a partner. Guitar huh?

He nodded in agreement, keeping his mouth closed as she excused herself quickly to fetch what she needed. The way she carried herself… she was terrified, and yet she was still willing to give it a shot, to present what she could do to the others. Selflessness, he decided. That was a fine quality to have. One that would serve her well should she become his Queen in serving the country. He would have to keep note of that, and watch for it in the others as well. Gods, this was hard…

He glanced over to the jarred set of instruments that sat in the corner, ready to play for large dinners, and sighed. There should be an acoustic guitar there, and, though it was not his specialty, he could manage. He would be her partner that day. He rose from his seat, carefully stepping around the others while sparring them all glances, and picked his way over to the stand. Though there were several broken instruments, each covered with sickly stains and bits of wood from others, the guitar was surprisingly intact, buried beneath the rubble. He managed to exude it and returned to the table, setting it beside Caius and snagging a napkin to start cleaning away the mess on the instrument. “You were with my sister, yes?” he asked, glancing at the young man who had tried, sadly without results, to encourage Ayume to not fret about the others so much, and get something to eat. Emil had appointed him a babysitter, strangely. Wonder why that was? “Thank you for helping her to get back safely. She tends to be a bit... reckless at times, so I cannot give you enough thanks for that. You seem to be a strong man to keep around in such a predicament, though, I sincerely pray there will never be a repeat.” Sadly, there was likely to be others until they figured out how to quell the threat, but Zak did not mention that.

Before he could gain a response out of Caius, however, Daciana had returned in that moment and approached him quietly, drawing his attention as she asked where to play. He bit his lip for a moment, contemplating, his hands were still busy with the guitar, trying to clean it up so its tone would ring through clear and true. “Why don’t you set up near the head of the room? We can pull a stan—” he began, cutting himself firmly off when he glanced up at her and saw the nerves reflected in her eyes. His expression softened and he sighed, shaking his head. “It was not fair of me to ask you so suddenly, Daciana. If you would rather not play, I would understand, and would not hold it against you. If you do, however, decide to play, I will be your partner. I will leave the decision to you” he said softly, giving her a tender look that could tell her he was serious. He would not force her to do anything that she did not wish to do, even if he felt it would help soothe tattered nerves. There were, after all, other methods of calming a crowd.

User Image
                                          Wearing: Dressed for a Day Out. Lost the jacket. Bloodied and sliced, especially where his arm was badly cut, now bandaged.
                                          OOC:

Saphire_L_Fox

Lollilox
User ImageUser Image

User Image

It would've made sense for the whole scheme of castle's safe rooms and secret passages to be laid out for the guests to see incase of another emergency. Though truthfully the Princess was never too sure herself about where all of them were herself sometimes. It was doubtful that their father would the extent of such knowledge to be simply given over to a handful of potentials. She could only imagine how the King would've been weary of traitors in their midst just as much as he had been with pinning the fault on the heir to throne.

The whole things could've just as easily been a ploy of some sort. Either way it left the royal siblings shafted, having to go along with what Kalliope considered to be a wry matchmaking game.

She'd stopped a few steps past where Emil had just as he'd called her out. If it was all an act, it was pretty convincing. So then had she been mistaken? It was certainly a possibility, though how would the redhead admit to having presumed too much? It was more likely that she couldn't or wouldn't simply given the way she held herself. Admitting would make her look weak, no doubt she thought. Even she couldn't fully escape the way of thinking that had been pushed on them.

Kalliope was able to hold her tongue and although her offer of sharing bread still stood the basket was no longer held up at an optimal height. To her surprise the Blonde had apologized to her for could possibly have been considered audacious, even though she knew he had the right to be so. "Tha-that's right." she had a hard time believing the words that coming out of her mouth. "You shouldn't have." it was the easier to say.

"But that's okay..." she added, knowingly. The princess turned her head away from him as she once again nudging him in the shoulder with her offering. "Just take one before I reconsider."

User Image

User Image

User Image

It was likely that Mila might've gotten the gotten the two of them lost on their way to the dining hall. Simply said the girl was much more used to having to deal with shacks, farmhouses and wide open ranges. Even the moderate hustle and bustle of a towns muddy streets was a stark contrast from the castle's interior. At least it didn't all looked the same to her.

She willing to leave it all up to chance and persistence, however long it'd take. The same couldn't be said for Cecilia though, as Mila reconsidered. They needed help even while they still feared the help that they had gotten away from. Being detained again wasn't something they wanted risk.

After a turn or two or three the muted eyed girl heard voices that were unlike their own but were still familiar in a sense. When they neared the source they could a see a pair of figures standing in the hall, and one looked like they were trying to push the other into taking something from a basket. The still dirty clothes and unmistakable red hair gave one of them away, at least Mila, before the blonde one did. "There's the Princess." the dark haired girl stated sounding a lot less relieved than she really was. It'd be hard to get lost now was probably what the equestrian had been thinking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff