Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whyndam

User Image

She watched him motion to his wolf and she felt her jaw go slack as she watched its fur move and dance and she felt the heat coming off it. She looked over the wolf and blinked. It doesn't hurt her? She asked softly. She moved a little closer feeling it warm her more. she took off her boots and let them dry and wiggled her toes. a tattoo of a vine started atop her toot and curved around her ankles and disappeared under the hem of her skirt. She felt her face flush as the heat seeped deeper into her bones drying her soaked hair and clothes. [What of your home Victor? What is it like? She asked softly.
Victor looked to Anashi, "No, not at all. It is her home element after all. She isn't a wolf technically. She is a being of fire." He winced at her question, and closed his eyes again, "I can't remember. Part of my curse I suppose, I can't remember much about my past."
Whyndam

User Image

She smiled. Like Wind and controlling plants are mine. She said softly then touched his hand. Perhaps its a gift and not a curse? She said softly. You don't experience the ache of missing those you left behind. She spoke softly and looked back out the window. There it was again that brief movement. She squinted trying to make out what it was again. She scanned the room.
Victor pulled his hand away, "I can't remember the good things in my life, or the bad! I can't remember my mother holding me in her arms when I would scrape my knee, or my father telling me to get up and walk it off. I have no soothing memories of my mother's voice, or of my father teaching me how to be a man. I don't remember if I have siblings!" His voice was raising now, his anger not meant for her, but meant for himself. He had no idea why he couldn't remember, "More and more slips from me each year. I can't remember my first hunt with my father, or my first meal! I don't know if I ever had a lover, or what it felt like to hold her in my arms! I don't remember how I was raised, or what values my parents instilled in me. I don't know if my father was the type of man I would look up to, or someone I would have rebelled against from the moment I came of age." A dark flame began to cover Victor's body as his rage built up, and his eyes turned red. He tried desperately to stop, but something was pushing him, egging his anger on, "I don't even remember if Victor Falcose is my real name!" The anger began to fade to sadness. Victor wouldn't let it rule him. The shadowy flame built, and pushed to his hand. He channeled his anger with it, and with one strike, sent a reverberation through the ground like thunder through the air. He sat down, defeated, knowing his emotions had gotten the better of him, and by now, anyone paying attention would know he wasn't as he appeared. He turned his head to the ground, " The only thing I have of my past is this blade, an image in my mind that I think is my father, and a hole where the memories and emotions should be." His voice trailed off and he resigned himself to the inevitable. He would keep his vigil, even if it only lasted moments, until someone confronted him.
Whyndam

User Image

She looked at her hands ashamed of her statement. My Apologies. She whispered and moved to leave him alone. She hadn't meant to upset him. I meant no harm. She added then moved to do a turn around the room . She was always doing that. Unintentionally making others angry. She had a bad habit of not thinking before she spoke. Though she also had a short temper so maybe that was a reason. She glanced at the wolf and man in the corner. The others were still asleep. She didn't believe anyone else had heard him. She prayed for him that they hadn't. The dust clung to her bare feet and the cold was seeping in again

Her mind went back to her home and her family. She looked over the girl sleeping and thought of how her sister would probably curling up in bed about now after a busy day of dress fittings. Her mother was probably sitting at the vanity in the master suite brushing her hair in the silver mirror. She knew as long as she was gone they were safe. She wrapped her arms around her again as a cold wind crept through the cracks of the house. She closed her eyes feeling a tear fall. How could she have been to stupid to believe....No she wouldn't think about that. She couldn't allow herself to. She glanced over towards the window seeing Victor holding the blade and she felt guilty again for causing his anger. Somewhere above them she heard the flutter of feathers and she spotted N'evermore sitting among the bared beams. That calmed her knowing he was safe. She thought better of returning to window doubting he would want her near and she sank into the window seat on the other side of the room and stared out the window again.
Victor looked to Anashi, and then to the Fae. He knew she had meant no harm. She struck a cord. The only cord his emotions had.

Anashi, as if reading her friend's mind, got up and ran over to the Fae. She curled up next to her, and again her fur began to glow and dance, the flames warming the air around them.
Whyndam

User Image

She looked down at the beautiful creature and smiled weakly. I feel your dear friend needs your company more than mine. She said softly. She looked back over to Victor a sadness surrounded her. She looked away again back towards to the window. She witnessed the movement again and frowned. Shuddering when lightening flashed. She was growing weary and tired. She looked up for any sense of time that had passed. She didn't see the moon so it was useless.

Sieg Liongod's Queen

Tipsy Autobiographer

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Seth Hirdune & Cale

Seth had nodded off for a long while after speaking with the healer. A part of him comforted by having another who knew what home was like. For the first time in a while, he felt fortunate and had hope even. We're not all like Senith... His eyes closed against the light of the fire, darkness enveloping his mind as he faded from consciousness. He hadn't been asleep long when it came across his minds eye... The light grey shimmer in the darkness, lighting up the vision of his mind's eye. The sound of black scales slithering into focus. The heat of dark fire surrounded him, as the tail of the beast brushed by his face. Cale...
I wondered when you might fall asleep, winglet... The creature hissed, the sound reverberating through Seth's brain as he spun in the darkness, searching for the light bouncing off the scales. You have chosen an interesting place to rest.... Can you hear them?
Hear what? Seth growled into his thoughts.
The sounds of our brothers, Cale answered in a whisper, Listen to their pitiful cries... And Seth had, he opened his ears to what had started as a low moan and it lifted into a roar of agony and pain. They had been dragons once, but now they were monsters - lost to their feral existences and lost between the realm of the living and the dead. They are like you, brother... so lost without flight... don't you want to spread your wings? To fly among the storm clouds?
Seth felt his back arch, the sudden need to form into his true self was so inviting, so tempting. But he shook out his arms, stood straight against the blackness of his mind. No, Cale... Now is not the time.
It's that human, isn't it? Cale growled, That one without wings keeps you grounded. Her fear is rightly placed, we are her masters and she is your servant. Why you deny yourself the liberty of simply-
You will not touch a hair on that woman's head. Seth's voice was on the verge of a shout, but he kept it stern, unwavering in the darkness even as the large red eyes of his dragonic nature peered down on him. No one will ever harm her, not even myself - do you understand? Cale hissed and turned back into the darkness of Seth's mind, the slithering sound of his scales receding into the depths as Seth awoke to the world.

His eyes blinking before his hand ran gently over them to remove the dust from his eyelids. The crimson knight looked over his surroundings. Xion was seemingly asleep in his chair before the fire, Eris still at his side and the other healer beside him. His hand reached out to gently stir Drakiana from her rest. "I think it's time we let the others rest." The prince's voice was soft and gentle so not to startle her from her sleep. Seth stood, fastening his sword back to his belt before stretching his arms above his head. "Alright!" He called as he moved to the edge of the circle that was the dulling fire's light. "Time to switch out." His eyes glowed in the darkness as he saw Victor and Whyndam seemed almost at odds with each other. The had thought to ask if everything was alright but thought it best not to interlude, in the event that it was a personal matter. Perhaps he would talk to each separately another time. He approached slowly, standing well between the two of them. "Quiet, I presume? Anything in particular that stood out to either of you?"
Victor stood, a smile returning to his face, "Nothing tandemount. This place reeks of despair and danger, but it could simply be residual from battles fought here ages ago." He walked up and place a hand on Seth's shoulder, looking into his eyes for just a moment. His blue/green eyes shimmered for a moment, but there was something behind them. It was momentary, fleeting, but it almost looked as though his eyes turned sliver and his pupils folded into a slit. Then it was gone, as quickly as it had come, "A fine place to sleep you've chosen" Victor laughed before leaning against a wall next to Anashi. He closed his eyes, feigning sleep, but remaining awake. His senses heightened again, his breathing slowed, his ears perked, he could feel the footfalls on the ground. There would be an extra watcher tonight.

Distinct Member

User Image
Drakaina Skythia
Queen, Dragon, Priestess

Hush now, my baby, the daylight is done,
Your scales catching moonlight instead of the sun,
So lay down your head, till the dawn comes anew,
For here there be dragons to watch over you.

Sleep was easy for the She-Dragon. In her priesthood she had learned to accept things, to feel the calm of the world, and to let it wrap you like a blanket. Drakaina deeply slumbered a Peaceful, dreamless sleep. She must have looked like a corpse against the wall, her arms hanging loose at her side and head dipping forward, with eyes closed, her breathing slow, deeper then a humans.

It helped her to be calm, because when she felt the slight, warm touch of the other Dragon her breathing sharpened as her eyes opened and quickly came to focus as her head slowly rose, taking in the man once again as she quietly listened to his words. She nodded gently in response and rose, reaching for her stave and stretching easily. She followed the Knight , being sure to remain a few steps from his back, holding the stave in both hands behind the small of her back.

She smiled at Victor and the other woman, nodding her head in short greeting as the Knight took care of the talking, drinking a sip of water before her watch.

Dream now, my baby, of life in the clouds,
Your head held so high and your wings spread so proud,
For I know a secret I promise is true,
Here there be dragons, and one of them's you.
Whyndam

Whynam sighed as she kept her place in the dust window seat. She curled up against the window shivering from the cold that was seeping its way back into her. Her teeth chattered as she tried to welcome sleep. Though she doubted it would come tonight. She shifted pulling her knees to her chest and pulling the hem of her skirt down. She tilted her chin in and un-braided her hair feeling if it dried then maybe she wouldn't be so cold.

Sieg Liongod's Queen

Tipsy Autobiographer

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Seth Hirdune

Seth rubbed at the back of his neck as Victor continued by, "Yeah... I'll try to pick somewhere a little less creepy next time." The crimson knight turned toward the fae in the window, frowning slightly as she remained unremoved from her post. Slowly he approached, the click of his boots echoing through the hall with the crackling of the dying flame behind them. In a smooth, almost fluid movement he removed his cloak and draped it around Whyndam, the heavy cloth warm from being near the fire. He smirked slightly, his red eyes peering down at her through the darkness as he swept his hair from his face. "If you're going to stay here, at least keep warm... but it would be much more comfortable by the fire." He glanced to Victor as he took his place against the wall closest to the staircase. "And there's plenty of room on the other side of the campfire if you aren't so fond of him." Seth took a step back, and looked to the healer at his side, his smirk fading as he looked to her. "Let's go. I'd like to take a closer look around. Maybe we can find something useful that would help us find Varon and Kit in the morning."
Whyndam

User Image

Whyndam flushed slightly as the heavy material settled over her. It was warm. Thank you. She spoke softly as she studied the man momentarily and then looked over at the fire. It wasn't that she didn't want to go lie by it, it was that she knew the other needed it more. She could survive in the cold, she just didn't like it. She watched as they ventured off and she moved from the window only slightly and she curled up on the floor. She felt N'evermore land atop her and settle in to sleep. She watched as he tucked his beak under his wing and she smiled and then allowed her eyes to finally close. Her dreams were not pleasant as she slept

I'm telling you darling girl, it is your special day. Her mothers voice echoed behind her as she continued to add intricate braids to her long crimson and gold hair.

I understand that mother but you also need to understand that I know not my intended so it is hard to be excited. For all we know he looks like a gnome...or a toad. She wrinkled her nose which caused her youngest sisters trilling laughter to fill the room. And she grinned at her through her reflection of the mirror.

"I understand, but he is Fae, so you know he will be fair and handsome." Her mother scolded lovingly as she added a few more crystal pins. You will make a beautiful bride Whyndam. She said and she watched as the tears filled her mothers eyes again and she turned around.

Save the dew for the flowers. She said and kissed her cheek. I will do my duty as the first born Daughter to join our families. I have known I was to do this from birth. She leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Your father and I were very luck indeed the day we found out that not only you held the power of the earth fae. but you also held the power of the Air, it is unusual for a fae to be born of two. Her mother liked to point this fact out. Enough of that though, lets get you into your wedding dress, the ceremony will be starting in a couple hours. Her mothers excitement was contagious as all three women took great care in getting her ready for her wedding.

Distinct Member

User Image
Drakaina Skythia
Queen, Dragon, Priestess

Hush now, my baby, the daylight is done,
Your scales catching moonlight instead of the sun,
So lay down your head, till the dawn comes anew,
For here there be dragons to watch over you.

Watching Seth and the woman interact, Drakaina wondered if she should have made a tea to warm them up as well. It was too late now. She followed Seth into the darker area's, thankful that the sight of the dragon's eye was much sharper then that of a humans. It came with the living in caves, and Caverns, the only source of light being the glint of sun striking heaps of treasures at weird angles. It did not mean that fire was unwanted. Indeed, the warmth was very much welcome..

Watching the others fall to slumber, She turned back once again to Seth, knowing that he would lead them to where they needed to be. She was however, slightly surprised at his idea of moving forward and looking about the place. She turned to the others her mouth opening slightly, as if to voice her concerns, wondering if it would be alright to stray farther from them. As she thought she closed her mouth, realizing that either way, she could not allow Seth to go out on his own. She turned back to him with renewed vigor and took a firmer hold of her staff, nodding her support to him. "I will have your back, Sir Knight," she stated with strength.

Dream now, my baby, of life in the clouds,
Your head held so high and your wings spread so proud,
For I know a secret I promise is true,
Here there be dragons, and one of them's you.

Sieg Liongod's Queen

Tipsy Autobiographer

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Seth Hirdune

Seth smiled as he glanced over his shoulder at the healer beside him. He had a sense of her uncertainty and was enchanted by her ability to stay steadfast in her resolve to follow him. The knight was beginning to like their new healer already. "Don't worry... I don't have any plans to go even out of sight from the others." He turned back to look at the path before him, the lightening strike from outside lighting the room for a brief moment as he walked by a window and toward the first mirror on the left hand side. "Just addressing a concern..." As they came upon the first mirror, Seth looked up around the hollow in the wall - how the mirror just seemed to be indented in the frame where a door ought to be. His eyes dropped briefly and then more fully, widening as he took in his reflection. He saw in the mirror the black scales of his true self, towering above him with wings spread wide. It whipped it's head up in a silent roar, causing Seth to take a step back. "What sort of magic... creates a revealing mirror like this..." He watched as the creature moved, knowing well that it was Cale he was seeing. Any other dragon who had cast out their feral side long ago would not see such activity in their revealed reflection. He turned away quickly, his fists shaking at his sides. If Eris had seen this... he thought to himself and shook his head, let his fall into his hand as tried to think. "It doesn't look like door... I was hoping there would be some sort of hinge of secret but... maybe there is another way deeper into the barracks. In the morning we'll search for an entrance. Maybe up the stairs from our camp..." He stood with his back turned to the mirror, not wanting to watch his inner demon taunt him with his giant black wings and piercing red gaze. He looked to Drakiana before him, hoping what she saw of her reflection was not so terrible. "Have you ever seen such magics before? What is the purpose of it?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff