Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Bibliophile

14,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ℳєʀcєɴαʀץ ℒєαɗєʀ
My beauty doesn't make me a damsel but it certainly makes you a fool.

And she danced through the wood
Like a gypsy girl should
And she laughed in the face of the fire
Under the black velvet skies
With the moon in her eyes
Head held high, tambourine held higher
And she laughed at the fools
Who played by the rules
And she wondered just what would've been
If she set them all free
Into her fantasy
Free to dance through the woods again...

A dangerous game
To know her name
She was wild she was free
She was calling to me
Sister Gypsy we're one and the same

User Image

She knew the man she was looking for the moment she walked in. It was no large feat of observation to tell that he was much more than what he seemed. Adrianna was hardly fool enough to miss the telltale signs that linked him with the Hundred and she had to force herself to swallow the foul taste in her mouth. She was none too happy to be doing this but she had made a promise to Hawk. She would behave herself and she would cooperate with the man, regardless of her personal feelings on the matter. After all, they needed to know about the items and, with her decision to stay within Solera's walls, she had few other options to occupy her time. Had she decided to make her rounds about the posts, she feared another encounter with Brandon that would only end in more instability. She needed her head back on straight.

Quietly, she took her drink and came to sit at the table with Avain, allowing Celphi to take her seat first. User ImageThe girl made her a bit nervous considering the attitude that seemed to emanate from her. There was an underlying aggression that could get them both in more trouble than it was worth. Hawk's warning concerning Talan's champions was not unmerited and she was all too aware that she was not yet healthy enough to take one on in a fight if it came to it. Knowing her own weakness was one of the reasons she had decided to do this, after all. If she had been at her finest, she would be much more likely to let slip the beginnings of a challenge. Instead, she held herself humbly, giving a respectful nod and a curious raise of her brow as the man set a stone on the table. It had been many years since she had seen Dawrven magic on display but it did not miss her eyes.

"Quite the handy trinket. I suppose I should not be surprised at seeing something like that in your possession." The words came out slightly bland but she did mean them as a compliment. It was rare to see such things these days and rarer still to find those who understood them. That Avain could prove his understanding with that simple act was rather impressive. Still, the smirk on his face grated at her nerves, despite his pleasant greeting. The man was no fool but he had no need to flaunt his knowledge as he was. It seemed that Talan's men were more than well informed concerning the goings on of the city and it bothered her a great deal that there seemed to be so few secrets left.

Her eyes didn't leave him as he spoke, partially out of the facade of respect and partially out of distrust. Still, she paused momentarily before taking the flintlock from her belt. There was something bothering her, something not quite right about the whole ordeal. Champion or not, Avain would not have been the only one lurking in the tavern, at least not without something to send back with the information he gathered. Her senses weren't as keen as usual but she could hardly miss the slight movement overhead. A slow smile tugged at her lips as her eyes fell back to the man across from her. "Clever indeed. You take no chances, Monsieur Avain. I will not hide my disdain for the Hundred, that much you are likely well aware of, but I can allow for a reasonable meeting. I am not foolish enough to fall prey to the pitfalls of pride. You have offered to help and, for that, I am grateful."

Carefully, she pulled the flintlock from her belt and set it on the table before him, biting back her hesitance to release the item that two of her friends had died trying to retrieve. "I am unaware of how much Regina has told you but I will tell you what I know. This was the first of the supposed six items, found near the ruins of the old palace. The second was stolen by the pirate Captain Syrus Arcadia. I and one other set out after the third but were separated in the caves. I returned with a shield but my dear friend has yet to return. I fear the worst." She paused, watching Avain inspect the item in his hands. "Too many people have died in the effort to retrieve these items. Others will follow. I have no desire to watch anymore of my friends fall. If there is something you can tell me that will make a difference, I would be in your debt."

She was at least honest in her plea. So many had already died. Roslyn and Bruno that first fateful night. Now, Donovin was gone and Natalia was missing. The only person she had left was Hawk. Perhaps that was what was fueling her further resentment of Talan and his band. She knew that, some day, Talan would come to claim her friend once again. She would be completely alone, left with nothing but her memories to haunt her. It was a crippling thought, one she did not dare dwell on for long in the presence of others.

Celphi suddenly spoke up and she noted the tension that practically bled from the girl beside her. Well, that was certainly one way to drag Adrianna from her momentary melancholy. A slight tick started under her left eye and her reaction was almost immediate. While her magic was still weak, her physical strength was decent enough. Her hand moved quickly enough to smack the girl hard in the temple, a disapproving scowl aimed directly at the younger girl. "You will mind your manners, petit trublion. If you cannot, I will mind them for you. You may invite yourself to a thrashing once out business here is done, preferably outside the tavern. This place has been through enough hell lately and I would very much like to keep it standing, oui?

{ Obscenely Over Caffeinated: N/A }

And she danced through the trees
For those who believed
She was one with the earth and the sky
In a moment she's gone
But her memory lives on
Like a shooting star through the night

I can see her in you
Kindred spirits are few
When you find one you hold on for good
If you lose your way
If your path goes astray
She will lead you back to the wood...

A dangerous game
To know her name
She was calling to me

Company: Celphi and Avain
      Temperance: Slightly Annoyed
▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤▤
x
The dream of a princess, sundered by the life of a warrior
Heart bathed in sweets, yet the soul made for hardship
Now we love the fight as they carve our names in bloodshed
Let go of your mortal desires and let them all see
How fearsome death and suffering truely can be
x

User Image

x
Do not worry for what is to come for my blood runs deep in yours
Take over the world without mercy, only do so with power and force
There is no eternal peace in a world full of magic and contest
Only by becoming a monster will you truely gain control
Now go and make them miss the light, my angel of darkness will stop the fight
x

User Image

"..But my lord, calling in someone like that in order to fight those foul creatures will only invite more mayhem rather then soothe the situation. I know you want the matters resolved only this is not done by hasty decisions. Do not let your feelings cloud your judgment, have you not heard about the events on the small kingdom of Ristom?" Another squable and whine of a insignificant nobleman, she couldn't wait to hear what the latest rumors were as she leaned against the wall near the dining room. The other male didn't seem to be phased the slightest as she could hear him pouring himself another cup of sweet honey tea. "I heard that it was a suicide mission of a hundred and fifty men storming a stronghold protected by over fivehundred battle-experienced guards. Once the assault captain fell in battle there were only a small hundred left, yet she managed to lead them into victory with fifteen men left alive on her side. To me those statistics are quite impressive and considering she hasn't rebelled makes me believe she is reliable. For now."

As usual her lord did not make any wrong assessments, he might not be physically the strongest person but his dealing with politics and internal affairs were an asset she more then gratefully made use of. In return he would call upon her blade to clear disputes and stop problems from spreading before they became a real issue. The nobleman seemed to get on edge as the sound of wooden chairlegs scraping the stone could be heard, having stood up without any refined movement. "You're only seeing what you wish to see, yet ignore all threats that come with it. ten out of those fifteen survivors became deserters the remaining five became mad dogs, only listening to the orders she will give. Have you not heard that after the fight was over, she had cut the enemy lord his neck and let him bleed to death.. While dancing with him over the sixhundred corpses with the smile of the wicked on her face. She's a liability and you're a fool for believing otherwise."

That was her queue to move away from the wall and pass under the arch of the entrance, the sound of her metalic heels resonating throughout the room with each step she takes. Oh how lovely it was to see the rebelious nobleman turn his head and have his strenght be reduced to nothing. His face becoming paler then the leafs of a white lotus, sweat covering his face like morning dew. "H-h-h-how long was she here, what did you hear?!" Addressing the both of them would be the man's downfall, Cynthia directing her attention back to the other side of the table. As if giving such an unworthy man a response would be in order, she much rather cut out his slithering tongue but not in front of her lord. Atleast not when he hadn't demanded it of her yet that is. "Seeing how I hate to be left waiting she probably just arrived, but I wouldn't put it out of the question that she might've caught some part of the conversation. I wonder how she would react to such disgusting rumors, please show him your feelings about the matter Cynthia." The only warning was the sound of steel unsheathing, the tip of her rapier pressed closely against the man's throat. Once so confident aswell as arrogant to speak to her master in such a manner, now he was shivering like a beaten kid. The true signs of a weakling. "Ï'd not even waste my times on the likes of him my lord, I'd end his life swiftly and be done with it. The weak can only talk afterall."

For a moment the nobleman seemed to be regaining some confidence, thinking his status and their location would make her unable to act. "D-D-Don't think you can get away with threatening me so easily, the other families will hear about this. I'll make sure of it!" The unphased lord started to cut himself a loaf of bread and a slice of roasted boar, eyes staring demandingly at her direction. "And what would you do to the ones that dare to insult me?" Oh what a toying man he was, if only the man was a bit younger and unmarried.. Alas she had to settle to serve under him for now, until he had outlived his use or someone better would appear to the scene. With a second hand placed on the hilt she pierced into the males throat and even through the chair as the bone didn't seem to hinder her blade at all, leaving the nobleman in disbelief as he gurgled for breath. "We both know that such a thing simply cannot be forgiven my lord, just the thought oh no.. Such nonsense must be silenced before it can fester into dirty whispers." One hand reached down into her pocket to reveal a stained piece of silk, placing it on the blade near her hilt before drawing it back. With one swoop the blood cleared from the steel, returning it to its sheath as Cynthia sniffed the fresh blood from the cleaning rag. "Ugh.. Even his blood smells disgusting, there are pigs that have more iron in their blood then him." Normally she would hide this unmannered side in front of the wealthy, but this was just a minor thing compared to what this man knew about her. If not for that she wouldn't even be bound to serve him, not to this extent atleast.

"Leave his body to me, I'm sure we can brush this off as an internal dispute when we exposed him to be a traitor of the city. You have more urgent tasks at hand, here's the official approval of the Navy. I told you that with a few tugs and pokes they would cave, considering their current state they've been forced to rely on help from the outside. In return I've promised that you would return their former glory, considering it was you we spoke of I did not hesitate to agree with the impossible. Doing things that are out of reach seems to be your forte afterall." She was boiling underneath her skin, knowing fully that if she did not succeed the blame would be put on her and if she did he would get all the credit instead. Nonetheless there was no sign of hostility in her eyes, taking the sealed scroll with a gentle hand before leaving with a bow. "Ofcourse I can my lord, but that is because every fool uses it as soon as things turn out to be difficult. Just because it's a little harder then usual doesn't mean it cannot be done, it just means you've got to work a little harder yourself aswell. Fortune be with you." She was close to the arch when her lord asked one last thing, it was an annoying habit he had shown to use more often then once. He couldn't just let her leave without asking an awkward question. "Do you believe in a god Cynthia.. Cause if he exists, clearly he's playing a cruel game passing you on from one demander to another." She had thought about it before like every other person, but there was only one answer she found and it didn't even answer the question at hand. "I believe that if he exists then he made me this way because it was needed. An entity solely made to destroy the wicked as power is given with a responsibility. And once that power gets misused, I wouldn't doubt that there would be repercussions from the gods themselves. Perhaps I'm just a product of that.. If they don't exist the results are still the same, the minute I was born my path was carved. I don't have the luxury to think all day, there is still enough to do before I've reached my goal my lord."

How many times more would she be under the mercy of a man's hand, clearly luck was not on her side or those sickening gods forced her to walk this path. With loud steps she made her way out the front door and let it fall shut, her frustration bottled up and ready for the crew she would soon be presenting herself to. The former crew of Nikolai would be far from welcome to their new captain, especially with his death still so fresh in the mind and with the navy having them forced on land all this time. Cynthia could only imagine their reaction once they see their precious ship having been remodeled aswell, it was her turn to stomp on some manly souls now. When she arrived at the dock there was already a large commotion near the ship, her assumptions confirmed by the rabble of men that were kicking the craftsman off the boat. Oh there would be so much resistance that she couldn't help but smile in a foul manner while boarding its main deck. Breaking the seal in front of the crew she rolled out the signed document, rubbing some extra salt in their open wounds. "Greetings mongrels and welcome aboard the new flagship of the Royal navy, the Silver hound.. I am your captain Cynthia Teresi, one less incompetent as the former bearer of this title. Anyone who comes at me will be killed on sight and I won't refrain from slaughtering every one of you if I have to.. Now then, shall we begin to get to know eachother or is their someone brave enough to duel me? If nobody does then we will immediately set sail, if you can't then get off my bloody ship. The Navy has no room for the soft that cannot leave on a moment notice." There should be quite a few feathers that had to be ruffled by this, she had to atleast provoke one to set an example for the rest of the lot. One couldn't take over a stubborn crew without force, someone had to suffer for the rest. The question now was who.. Would be the unfortunate one.

₪ Status ₪
I'm here right now: Solera - The Silver Hound
Who is near me: None of interest
What I am doing: Showing some men their place
Anything hurt: No
How I feel: Eager, Violent
Thoughts: Time to filter out the rotten from the usable.
OOC: Cynthia has entered the server

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Vicente
~Necromancer~

x x x x X X X X X X x x "Foolish mortals, scurrying and fleeing from the dark..." x x x x X X X X X X x x

Vicente followed the mortal girl at his own pace. He did not seem to be in much of a hurry and of course seemed to not be concerned at all about the sounds of the slavering undead surrounding them, or even the rain. Indeed if she occasionally looked back she might note he was completely unphased by the downpour, though Papa had extended his cloak to shield his master from at least most of the rain. The walk also did not bother him, and even as the sounds of the undead faded to a few wanderers, more peaceful except for perhaps a sobering revelation that the woods were crawling with undead, and not all of them human... occasionally crimson eyes might be spotted in the distance and in the trees of animals that had been reanimated. When they finally reached the wall the boy tilted his head and took a look at the female. She must have been plotting. He knew full well she didn't trust him but it was almost more fun that way. When she stated her plan and noted the guards his vision followed her direction. Two guards on the Wall, he doubted he would have issues slaying them both from here, without even Papa's aid, he had after all given that elf boy who killed his last Mama a nasty present from across the field. The options she gave him, however made his snicker. Sad.

The girl was a fool if she thought that she could back a necromancer as powerful as himself against a wall. "Tell you what, I have another idea" His grin grew into a Cheshire smile before those hands lifted his hood up to hide his face in it's shadow, leaving only the glowing crimson eyes and cheshire grin underneath. "How about you just walk into the city by yourself, and I follow you" The boy lifted his arms to show his hands, making a little walking motion with his fingers to emphasize his point. "A master of the arcane arts has... more than just one way to enter a city as large as Solera, Iv been into the city more than just once you know." Those eyes seemed to light up in the dark hood in the dark hood as the creature waited for the realization that the necromancer had already been in the city to sink in. For all she knew he was lying, or telling the complete truth. He was not hiding much at this point.

The boy was not at all offput by her plans, instead he glanced up at his towering minion and nodded to him, a line of silent orders filtering into the undead warrior's mind. "Unfortunately, I don't think Papa will be able to accompany us though, he can be difficult to Hide." The boy pouted, then narrowed his eyes, directing his orders to the towering warrior. 'Gather the others and retrieve the girl we killed to finish the ritual, then initiate the plan.' The boy said no words but the towering Undead Knight clearly understood. Papa glanced down at his master and nodded solemnly before glancing at the girl and grinding his teeth inside his helmet. Vicente turned away from his minion and the towering Knight turned away and began in the opposite direction, leaving the boy alone with the girl. Vicente lifted his hands and ran them through his long black hair, the smirk reappearing on his lips. He could smell those Items, there was at least one near, not counting his own and the residual smell on the girl.

Vicente turned away from the girl and stepped into the shadows of the nearby wall, pausing as if in thought and then violently spinning to face her. "And remember!... Behave!" A slender finger rose into the air and swayed from side to side before moving to form an arcane rune in the air in time for a incomprehensible word left the boy's lips, one that she might have heard amongst the screaming in the abyss he had dragged her through.

Shadows around him seemed to take a life on their own, and from her viewpoint his form would waver and begin to melt into the shadows. Slowly his form would vanish into the darkness just as he had earlier. "Now, you best get going little girl, we don't have much time after all, and I am sure all your friends are missing you" That mocking tone returned to his voice. He didn't care, if she had friends and family, that simply meant people he could murder if she misbehaved and by his inflection he might have been cluing her into that. Might. Now only the glistening teeth in the shadow of his hood and those glowing crimson eyes may be seen.

"And remember, I'm watching."
            This time in a singsong, cheerful voice followed by what would normally have been a rather endearing giggle. The crimson eyes of the youthful necromancer faded into the darkness of the wall until nothing remained save for the haunting boyish laugh fading into the darkness of the night before finally being drowned away by the sound of rain. Then she was alone.... save for the sensation of eyes on her would not fade.

User Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x x x x X X X X X X x x"Come, let me show you the chill of death's frigid Embrace" x x x x X X X X X X x x

Current Minions: - "Papa" (Wight) - "Mama" (Wight) - A BUNCH of Undead...
Deployed minions: None

Spells Cast:
----

Current Mood: devious...

Beloved Poster

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

Donovin spent some time by the entrance to the Tavern watching everyone with some kind of interest, but keeping most of his attention on Adrianna, her new companion, and their contact. Right away, he knew something was wrong. Everything about the man was strange from his smell, right down to his speech. Don couldn’t hear what they were saying clearly, but from what he could tell when he read the man’s lips, there wasn’t much going on but small talk and exchange of news which in itself was odd. Adrianna didn’t exactly seem like the type to take time out of her day to talk about the weather. Don’s eyes darted from them to the bored looking girl beside them, and then around the room once again. He spotted a cloaked man staring at him, and casually shifted and moved closer to the bar before he realized what he thought was true. He was staring, right at him, and it made him nervous. Don glanced back at Adrianna and then the two suspicious men and slowly, he made his rounds around the Tavern noting the points of exit. He didn’t know why Adrianna had come to meet with these strange people, but he didn’t trust them… or the girl beside her.

He had the slightest clue on who she might be, but the way she sat there reminded him of Natalia… but the fey wasn’t so cruel that she’d already replaced her ‘dear friend’ was she? He hoped not… Donovin circled back to the front door, just as Brandon entered from the rain. The man took one look around the room, before clapping him on the shoulder and muttering some nonsense he didn’t care to pay attention to before leaving. There was no way he could tell it was him, and yet, Don had the feeling he knew… and despite his hate, he wondered if the b*****d would shed some light on issues that still bothered him… or if Adrianna would if he simply asked… but then again, there was someone who might know the truth without him having to go through either of them. Donovin took one more glance around the room, debating on the safety of those in it considering the intruders lurking beneath their noses and then left. He needed to know the truth before he could focus on anything else and there was only one place he could get it.

Hey, mind covering for me?” he asked a guard wandering around outside. The man looked him up and down, before shrugging and taking his place while Donovin made his way across town. The streets were relatively empty, everyone being either in the Tavern or the theater, except for a few who meandered by the docks. It appeared they had a new Navy captain… and a woman this time. That would be interesting… hopefully she lasted longer than the first though considering things were dying down as they found more of the items, he figured her track record should be good. Pity that she’d missed all the fun though. Don paid her very little attention and knocked on the heavy door of the infirmary before slipping inside.

The room was dimly lit, and soldiers who had been fatally wounded from the last attack on Solera still lingered. They moaned in their sleep from their cots and medication they were given while others were unbearingly still but still alive. The smell of blood and antiseptic clung to the air, making him feel a little sick to his stomach, but he ignored it and moved silently to the small office hidden in the corner where the doctor would be. He paused and glanced down at the floor where light spilled from inside the room, and listened for the sound of the old man’s heartbeat from within. When he didn’t hear one, he carefully pushed it open.

Donovan didn’t know where the doctor would be, nor his assistants, but he figured they wouldn’t be gone long so he quickly got to work. With great care not to leave anything out of place, he began to rummage through the thousands of documents and records of each citizen of Solera. There were a lot of names, birth certificates, death certificates, records of illness, medication distributed, broken bones, and cases of infection, but none of these were what he was looking for. He quickly found Natalia’s file which he glanced at before placing aside for later viewing, and then amongst a larger stack he’d pulled out, he found Adrianna’s. It was thinner than the others, not surprising since she’d never been born in Solera, and opening it, he wasn’t at all surprised to find that there were no records of her being sick or seriously wounded.

Of course not...” he grumbled. She was a Fey after all, she could heal herself but she couldn’t heal everything. Though her file was small, there was a lot of reading to do and it didn’t take him long to realize that a page was missing…

Maybe Thomas has it.” He grumbled to himself as he rummaged through a few more papers in hopes that proof of what his friend had said was there among them somewhere. He sat back in the chair and frowned, now thinking clearly about the situation. Thomas really had no reason to lie, but what if he was wrong and in regardless, did it really matter that much? He wasn’t sure, but what he did know was that it would nag at him until he found out. Sighing, and figuring he may as well just blow his cover and ask her out right, he began to gather up the files and replace them one by one before heading out.

Donovin Edward Stevens

Mood: Edgy
Current Desire:Retrieve Information
O.O.C: Sorry it took so tucking long...
Payback is overdue
Stupidity is a constant trend
So much for my I. O. U.
Murphy and I have become best friends
My head is stuck underneath God's thumb
Hooray for dreams gone before they've come
I guess that makes me the lucky one
Hooray for me, I'm the lucky one

User Image
I tried to push straight through the suck
Head first but now my f'ing head is stuck
I'm feeling like a stupid schmuck
Lucky for me I don't believe in luck

A sinking ship, holes in my lifeboat
Rusted linings on my black clouds
I'm sorry for choking but I’ve got a wishbone stuck in my throat
It's raining piss, will somebody tell me what's that all about?
I never thought this could be such fun
Wish on a blackstar until it comes
Hooray for me I'm the lucky one
It's here for me, I'm the lucky one

Just like he was hoping for there wasn't any retalation to his invading behaviour, clearly her personality was not misjudged. For now the fortunate of fates were upon him.. But for Zelio that's how it always had been, a life without brawn and muscle would have to be compensated with an extra amount of coy and cunning. There wasn't a single person that had caught on the foolishness wich was conducting all these plays, all these different masks that he had been packing and as long as he was alive there would only be more personalities to refine. A hasty conclusion since there was a certain person that might know, only recent developments had made him believe otherwise. No even that man could not be trusted despite the things he had already told him, only his real captain had been able to see right through of it all. That man was something different, unlike anything else that he ever had crossed paths with. Why the rest of the world didn't seem as tempting to him was something even he couldn't find a proper answer for, perhaps it was nostalgia, perhaps admiration for the deceased captain or something completely different.

A temptation of words followed by the shove returned Zelio back to the matters at hand, there was little to worry about if he couldn't return to sea to begin with. How her words gave such a correct display of what she was capable of doing, whether it was intentional or by chance it sure enough caused some turmoil in his mind. His heart suprisingly didn't rise a beat as it was calm as ever, giving off a slight hint how he thought about the look on her face. The swapping of personality made him raise a brow for this one was filled with more real experience, not fighting against the movements that she was forcing on him. Clearly he had asked her to show him what she was capable of, it would be rude to stop the flow now. Besides that, there was plenty of information to gain from this. It gave him reasons enough to play along as one of his hands ran over her back, barely making any contact as his voice remain silent even after the provocative pair of words. If she was someone else there would've been a word of protest, yet he was confident that it would not be seen as him being speechless. As the n** on his bottom lip occured he already knew that the following would be inevitable, another lesson learned on the boundries of people and the consequences of crossing them. The touching of lips had warning signs all over them, yet Zelio knew that the dangers ahead could only be handled by pressing forward. With a lack of worry he accepted her lips and kissed them with a mix of caring and lust, knowing that if either of the two was not in balance there would be severe problems ahead. Too much care and she might gain the idea of owning him, too much lust and he would pull them further into a spiral of want. Both of the outcomes would be catastrophical for him, not being able to fade into mystery as she would no longer let go.

A hand brushing against his belt buckle made him curse inside of his head, the threat of going too far being too close for comfort. Never had he been more grateful to hear someone cough as it broke the heated kiss that fueled whatever was to come. No matter how many times he had cursed it, luck would always be there to remind him how much he really needed it. He had to play the fool caught red handed together with her to make sure it wouldn't be misunderstood, also the red face could be reused in further steps ahead. It wasn't until the door shut and when she turned back to face him that he collapsed down onto his knees, looking devastated as an aura of depression hung around his entire being. "T-t-that was far too intimate to be considered acting, couldn't you already see I was already on the verge of breaking?!" Soft sobs were in sync with the tears that poured down his face onto the wooden floor, rising up shakingly before using her shoulders to lean on. He gave her a moment to respond as he looked up right into her face afterwards, revealing a face not fitting for the tears. Instead of shame and a broken state it was smiling, the hairs covering it before actually used to cover the sight. The smile faded as it was replaced with a more serious face, the sound of his voice being far from impressed. "Imagine a theatre filled with people, from the people sitting in the front to the people all the way in the back. Do you think every person will be able to see that pretty face of yours, does the expression exceed every other talent on the stage? Lucky for you I already estimated your capabilities to the role, if I had been performing 'Village Maria' or 'Lingerings of a Broken Soul' I wouldn't even have considered letting you play the main part."

Despite the harshness of his words Zelio never changed his attitude without any reasons and right now wasn't any different. Pointing at the script that laid on his desk he made sure not having to sway around her, already no longer standing in one line with her and the door. "I'm pretty sure you know the play once you've read the title, but I want you to page through it anyway. In the meantime I'll raise the morale of our actors and the early guests. Don't feel belittled by my demands, you'll perform well in the range of my expectations. So far there hasn't been anyone that suprised me and proved me wrong, that's more my fault then that of everyone else. You cannot expect something that cannot be done, being a true actor means one have to become a disgusting creature that deceives everyone it meets. Not only on stage but everywhere they go, you'd have to not only influence on what they see.. You'll have to change the way how they feel, they must not see the actor. They must feel the person, the girl that's suffering, the boy that is fighting on the frontlines and the husband who betrayed his wife.. If the crowd doesn't feel compassion for the suffering, not rooting and excited for the boy's success or disgust for the betrayal of the husband then what are we pretending to be? We're no longer kids playing, this is what keeps us alive and makes us able to rise to a status that otherwise would be impossible."

Wiith calm steps he made his way towards the door, only daring to say a few more words when it was possible for him to get out. "An actor is a way of life, controlling the feelings and pouring an equal amount in every mask one wears. Once that is done you'll find out that people try to outsmart you, brushing their own ego by being able to find the truth behind it all. No matter what person, there's always a real face that can be found, wich is why an experienced actor will pour irregularities in each of their personalities while influencing the opposing person's opinion. Now think to yourself, do you really consider yourself arrogant enough to think that I wouldn't do the same to you? A person who cannot even pour feelings into one of her masks, while letting strains of her intentions linger in another. Being able to deceive means destroying your reality one bit at a time, until you cannot distinguish your mask from reality. You like many others might've seen the doorstep to death, but only few of us have talked to the one holding the gate. Some get overtaken by madness, others get dragged back by a pure soul that forces you to move on. Sadly for the rest of you lot I was blessed to experience it all, now if you'll excuse me.." The conversation was a neccessity yet it was one he never could get used to, it reminded him of the days where he did forget who he really was. A problem wich had remained unsolved, being able to deceive even the greatest of minds did not simply revolt around complicated personality puzzles. Every puzzle could be solved by logics, always thinking one step ahead as it was foolish to think there wasn't someone better then you out there. To be able to outsmart someone of such caliber would mean to outsmart oneself, tricking even yourself into a certain belief. That was a troublesome thing to think about, for how does he know whether or not he had not done the same right now. Dragging him out of his own delusion had been the hardest thing he ever had managed and it was that wich made him unable to make sense once in awhile. His outer appearance wouldn't matter when doubt was present in his mind, it had to be solved before it could spread into another delusion. Who cares how he looked on the outside, smacking random appearances was fine enough if his entire being was threatened.

He swore under his breath as Genevieve had made him remember, leaving the door open in his hasty steps. With one grip he dragged a chair and scanned the instruments, not instantly spotting a flute amongst them. there was no time to search so his hand landed on the first thing nearby, lifting a guitar from his standard before sitting solely on the stage. Kids were running through the lined up seats as only a few poor people had managed to get inside, the rest waiting outside for the doors to open. With a smile and a raised voice Zelio spoke to them, not even telling them it was wrong for intruding beforehand. "Hello you scurvy rats, seems even the great stage of Solera has holes in it's walls. You're scaring me Macoy, this is the fourth play you managed to attend and break into. If I didn't know any better I'd say your following me." The man he spoke to let out an entertained laugh, raising his bottle towards Zelio before returning it to his drunken lips. One of the most discussed conflicts concerning his plays was the way he demanded the dividing of seats. The more you paid, the better you were seated like in all plays, only the two rows in the back were removed and left open for all the commoners who wished to see. There was no entry fee for the standing and many times the wealthy complained, yet always seemed to cave after they get reminded of the play where he simply didn't show up. The theatre wouldn't let in anyone without coin to watch his show and Zelio was nowhere to be found, showing to everyone that he wouldn't be controlled by anyone. There was more to it then that ofcourse, being multiple persons at once means you'll have to please everyone in order to have some things about you not to be revealed.

He tuned the snares a little to his liking before taking the pick out of them, strumming the snares a few times before playing.

'When the road is dark and the pavement chalked
just remember how your daddy walked
As we follow.. Follow the road ahead
Where the streets spread out into many ways
do not worry where the hungry lays
please go help them, where others would walk on

Do not give your arm to the needy man
For that arm will carry all you can
Sacrifice does not mean suicide, it means moving ahead
And when that greedy man accuses you of dishonesty
Tell him that you'll only die for family
The rest you can only carry or walk on.

Please forgive me for all those younglings who died
But daddy and sis are waiting for me
I can only follow.. Follow the road ahead
So don't curse me for leaving you behind
Death is the only thing we all will find
If your feet cannot carry you then you can no longer walk on.'

♠ Status ♠
I'm here right now: Solera - Theatre, Main stage
Who is near me: Genevieve
What I am doing: Singing while straightening my mind
Anything hurt: N/A
How I feel: Doubtful, Happy
Thoughts: Just who is Zelio, lets recap our history..
OOC: Haven't cleaned it entirely, gotta write ten pages of work today

Wheezing Hunter

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Narration

Thunder boomed and lightening flashed in the sky illuminating the arrival of the new Navy Captain, as well as movement among the trees but the lightening only lasted for seconds and the movement seemed only a figment of the imagination for the guards who stood watch atop the walls. The rain showed little signs of letting up, but for most on land, it didn’t matter. Most of the creatures lurking about in the night were less of a threat when it rained which would make the night a peaceful one for most… but that didn’t mean that danger wasn’t ever present in some form…The sound of the infirmary doors opening and closing followed by the sudden loudness of raised voices, shuffling of feet, and clanking metal, interrupted the quietness of the infirmary.
tab tab “I must ask you to keep it down, we have patients trying to sleep. It’s essential to regaining their strength and besides, you wouldn’t want your secret to be overheard would you.” The old doctor hissed at his guests.
tab tab “Our secrets... eradicating the likes of these rats hiding in our city is no secret. Besides, there’s nothing that a touch of your nurses’ herbs and spices won’t fix. Am I right?” Somewhere in the dark, a girl cried out in pain. “Besides, you’re one to talk about secrets when you’ve been hiding her under our noses. How long has it been hm? How long have you had a witch working her magic on our people? Oh never mind. It doesn’t matter now, does it?” there was a thud, an unsheathing of a sword and the girl cried out once again. “Now doctor, you know why we are here. You know our people better than anyone. You have records, proof. It’s your duty to single out these filthy pests. Do you not understand how dangerous they are?”
tab tab “There is no danger here other than the one you and your guards are posing governor. You and your fiends are the dangerous ones… now please, let Layla go. We can resolve this without using her as collateral damage.”
tab tab “Oh?” the girl made a sound that sounded more like a squeak before the sound of flesh being ripped open silenced her. “You can’t even begin to understand how dangerous I am or can be, doctor….” There were several careful steps as the governor stalked toward the doctor with a look of pure hatred and madness on his features. “But these people are worse. They’ve taken my daughter from me and that… can not go without punishment.”
tab tab “A vampire took your daughter! A vampire our guard captain caught and executed for you!” the doctors voice was shrill now, and panicked like a mouse caught in a trap. The governor scoffed and laughed then grew sharply quiet.
tab tab “One death isn’t enough. Did you know that my wife still cries every night? That our daughters blood still stains the floor no matter how much we scrub at it? We will never see her again. The people are scared for their own children’s lives. If one can so easily be snatch from me, what about theirs? I’m doing everyone a civil justice. If only you could see that. Now, I will only ask again. I would rather you not die defending these scum. Give me the files.”
tab tab “No…”
tab tab “Then you die with them.” The sound of a sword piercing flesh and hitting against the wood wall of the infirmary echoed through the room followed by silence. “Kill the others. Leave no witnesses.” The governor hissed. Over the sound of thunder rumbling and the muffled cries of the wounded who were drugged and unable to move, the governor moved toward the office, his heavy steps an omen growing closer to Donovin who may not have noticed the marks scribbled on the top corner of each of the files he’d gone through, hurried scribbles naming certain citizens for exactly what they were. Some were nothing more than guesses, some with a little more conviction than others, but they were enough to condemn everyone with a marking on their file, to death.

Dapper Lunatic

Ethereal F R O S T
Hawk
~Mercenary Ranger~

User Image
    [Health=Okay.]

[Stamina=Refreshed]

Arrows in Quiver = [50]

----------------------------------------

"A Plague..." Regina had a valid point, and perhaps Hawks words would confirm her own suspicions. Though immediately after she seemed to find a survivor something moving in the rubble caught his attention and he paid no attention to her after until he heard her scream.

Hawk's eyes momentarily widened in horror when he heard his companion let out an ear-shattering scream. When he spun to see his companion, bleeding and thrusting a child away from her body, a child with eyes glowing like dying coals his mind instantly made the connections... the undead had entirely taken over the village, and his initial theory sent a dart of panic into his soul. "Cauterize the bite wound now!" He screamed back at her, his senses already picking up the sound of movement all around him, the dead awakened by her scream, but it did not worry him. If this was a plague, the witch needed to do something immediately before the curse took hold. There was good chance it had long worn off by now, a curse so powerful is short lived... the Magic in her blood also might assist in counteracting it, yet, he wasn't taking chances. Only when he noted her scream back to him would Hawk turn and face the Undead approaching him.

Surrounded even by this army of the dead, Hawk was not afraid; In the dying light even Regina would be able to see, his eyes held no fear. Instead they burned with another emotion... Hatred. He calmed the nearly instinctual panic from the sight of the corpses lurching towards him and replaced it with a cold fury... He had taken down Undead before, but never in these numbers, and had not come equipped to fend off an army of undead villagers. His eyes darted back to the witch on the ground and then back to the creatures that had emerged, he could see the bleeding wound she now nursed. "Cauterize it now!" He shouted, by this point there was no point being stealthy, her scream had clearly had an effect, and even now several of the former villagers lunged at the man in the green cloak, eager to taste human flesh... But they wouldn't, the Ranger easily stepped out of the way of the first lunging creature and with narrow eyes decided to act.

In an explosive sequence of events that would be difficult for even a trained eye to follow - Hawk Moved - His hand darted to his belt and flashed outward just as his bow rose to slash through the throat of the undead villager lunging at him. Four flickers of silver were all that could be seen before four of the creatures fell to the ground with their bodies jerking and twitching. The Half-Elf's body twisted and he lashed out with his boot to catch another in the face before kicking off back towards towards the injured witch. Still with the damage that the elf had inflicted the Undead did not relent. The one he did take down lurched back and fell only for another to take it's place. Fingers found the shaft of an arrow and one of the hungry Dead fell with an arrow through it's eye before the elven archer landed on the ground closer to Regina.

"Regina, Stand up and Fight... We need to get out of here!" Hawk shouted, finding he already had to raise his voice over the moaning and the growling of the undead. More and more emerged, things that were people only hours before that now clutched desperately to farming tools their undead bodies now weilded as weapons held poised to strike at their living targets. Amongst them were the bodies of men, women, and even children, all of them slavering and hungry. That dart of panic grew larger... the Necromancer had done all of this damage in just the space of one night? How powerful was it? The corpses also clearly had a purpose, some that did not lurch towards the two living meals wandered in the direction of the city, speeding up as they began to run towards the lights in the distance. s**t, they needed to warn the City! Anothe arrow flew and another zombie fell, the Ranger backed up to Regina's position as the thing that was her daughter still recovered.

"Forget who these people were, they are puppets now, mindless dolls under the control of some Necromancer!" They were dead, all of them, animated by black magic... the very thought sent a shiver of revulsion down Hawks spine.

Hawk backed away from the monsters, hoping that his companion had the will to stand and run... the horses were their only hopes at this point, that... or... Hawk briefly focused on the earring in his righ ear, but he felt nothing, and that worried him. "We need to get out of here" He voiced with yet another arrow notched.

-----------------------------------------

Face:Uncovered
            Ears: Hidden

Arrows Used = [0] Total Arrows left = [38]

Wheezing Hunter

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Natalia. Vita. Pierce

Daughter of a Harpy, creature of darkness
Citizen of Solera, the shining town,
Well... aren't we quite the contradiction?

tab tab Natalia should have listened to what Vincent said, but her sights and attention were focused on the city at all times. It was her only hope of getting away from him, but she wondered if it would really be wise to go back home knowing full well what he could do. He had after all dragged her through the depths of hell, appearing from her shadow like some demon… like a leech that had attached itself to her. Who was to say that he couldn’t do it again… she glanced at him once, just catching his warning and knowing he would always be there watching and waiting until the right moment, and she shuddered as he and his minions disappeared with their tell-tale ominous exit until there was silence all around her except for the pattering of the rain down on her head and the occasional flash of lightening in the sky. Could seeking out Adrianna really help her? She wasn’t entirely sure, but she had to try.
tab tab Natalia took off running across the field as fast as she could toward the gates, her eyes darting back and forth to the shadows behind her and the men stationed on the wall. She had of course lied to Vincent, she wasn’t sure if they would let her in or not. Yes, she was the daughter of a well renowned man in the city, but she knew better than anyone that when the guards had their orders, they followed them to the letter, still, she never slowed her pace. As she came closer to the wall, she couple hear that there was some kind of how going on, lucky for her since the guards would be placed about sparingly in order to cover the theater as well. As she came closer still, a guard above her shouted and she spotted several others with bows in their hands, their arrows poised and with little flames on the ends. Immediately, she skidded to a halt and put her hands up.
tab tab Who goes there?!
tab tab Natalia! Natalia Pierce. I’m the daughter of-“
tab tab Natalia? Isn’t that the girl who’s been missing, the architect’s kid?” she heard one of the guards ask quietly. She wanted to answer them, but didn’t want to risk giving away that she’d heard something she shouldn’t have, and instead kept quiet as they shuffled about. Soon, a guard appeared in front of the gate with a crossbow in his hands which he held tight, and gestured for her to come closer with. Minor shuffling to his left and right told her that two others flanked him on each side, but for some reason, she wasn’t as worried about them as she should have been. Instead, she stepped into the light so they could see her and while he scrutinized her appearance, she did the same. Oddly enough, he was not a guard that she recognized which was saying a lot because she recognized most all of them, and this one had a peculiar air about him that made him stick out like a sore thumb among the others. She idly wondered if he was not human, and paused before she came within arm’s reach of him through the gates.
tab tab Where have you been, and where are you coming from… and don’t lie to me.” He grumbled simply with the bow still aimed at her. Natalia dropped her hands slowly and frowned.
tab tab I was kidnapped. There’s this…. There’s something… wrong, going on out here. I need to see Adrianna… or the guard captain. Now.”
tab tab Our Captain isn’t here right now.”
tab tab Okay, then let me see Adrianna. Please. It’s urgent.”
tab tab Is it now?” He leaned in closer to the gate and a nasty grin appeared on his face before he became very serious and eyed her up and down once again. “You’re with that nonhuman scum, aren’t you?” he whispered so quietly she almost thought she’d imagined what he’d said. Natalia must have looked surprised because soon his grin appeared again. “Yeah, I know about her, and you. Tell me something, did you even give those folks a chance? You know, the ones you called parents? We found them you know, with their throats ripped out. So there’s no use hiding it anymore.” He whispered darkly. Natalia stared at him, frozen. She couldn’t speak, or think clearly to comprehend what he was saying as his words echoed in her head. It wasn’t until someone shouted above them that she broke out of her trance as the man in front of her raised his bow and glanced behind her. “Who else did you bring with you? More nonhuman scum?”
tab tab Natalia turned slowly, and barely visible in the dark, just breaking the line of trees was a crowd of… people. They ran swiftly toward them, some screaming, others grunting as they ran like a tidal wave about to crash on hard stone. It wasn’t until they were a few feet away that Natalia realized what they were and quickly, she turned to the guard. “Let me in.” she hissed urgently.
tab tab What? No!
tab tab I said, let me in!” she screamed at him before her voice took on a darker tone. “Or I swear I’ll rip a hole in this gate so wide those things will be on you like a plague.” Ignoring her, he glanced at the things running across the field behind her and made the mistake of turning to address his comrades. Swiftly, Natalia closed the distance between them and reaching through the bars, grabbed him by the throat, digging her nails into skin but not deep enough to kill him. He struggled of course, which only made it worse and soon the men that flanked him appeared just like she thought. Still holding him tightly, she sized them all up with cold eyes and frowned. “I don’t think I need to repeat myself. Gate. Open. Or his throat will be the first thing I-“ before she could finish her sentence, she felt something pierce her side, then her shoulder as two guards fired their arrows at her. Stunned, she let the guard go and he staggered away. She stared at the arrows that pierced her skin, and then grabbed the one in her shoulder and pulled it out. Just as she grabbed the one in her side, they all reloaded to take aim once again but before they could, Natalia…. Had disappeared…

Wheezing Hunter

6,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Narration

tab tab Screams erupted from both the living and the dead that hit the wall with such force it shook and threatened to collapse in on itself. The dead clawed at stone and metal gates, pulling and pushing as they bent the metal allowing for their inevitable entry into the city. Their rabid and torn faces scared the younger men who were posted on the wall while others tried to spur them into action, but the dead banging and clawing on the door to Solera wasn’t the only danger present that the guards had to worry about. One by one, the men on the wall were tossed over the edge to feed the dead below as someone moved swiftly between them like a dark shadow. One guard stared in horror as it grabbed a man with ease and threw him to the ground, dodged an arrow aimed for its chest, then appeared somewhere else like a ghost and crushed another man into the ground just in front of him. The young man shivered in his uniform and could do nothing but look on at the bloody mess as the rest of his comrades scrambled to understand what was happening but amongst the chaos, he saw it. He saw her. The girl they called Natalia. Everything slowed down for just a moment as she pulled sharp claws from the head of their general who’d come to meet her. Her eyes were dark as if something else replaced the sweet girl that had once been there, and feathers as dark as her hair and eyes covered her arms like wings, while talons sharp as a birds replaced her feet. He would have thought she was the angel of death as she glanced up at him with that emotionless expression, but he knew better. He’d seen this before… while they were patrolling and they hadn’t believed him, but here she was, living proof!
tab tab “Ha-Harpy.” He stuttered. If she hadn’t been looking directly at him before, she was now, and he watched, still rooted to his spot as she stalked towards him. Blood dripping from her feathers and talons, she came closer and closer until he was sure she was about to rip into him like the others. Fortunately, a loud bang and the loud screeching (that was sure to draw anyone’s attention) of metal drew both the harpy and the guards’ attention to the gate which had been ripped open by the undead who were suddenly pouring in. Someone screamed as they disappeared among the hungry horde and others ran, screaming in alarm. The guard turned back to the harpy, surprised to find her as nothing but a girl again, and a stunned and confused one at that who like the others ran off bare foot through the city’s streets while the dead poured in. It took a moment before he ran off as well, to the Tavern as fast as he could, where he burst in the doors and screamed “They’ve breached the walls! RUN!!” just as an undead pounced on him and began tearing at his armor to get a chance at sinking its teeth into the flesh below.
Would someone save the poor man, even as more of the undead came rushing through the tavern doors, or would everyone run to save themselves? Saving him would grant nothing, but one less person to become infected and add to the horde.
User Image

Meanwhile, all was quiet in Hollow’s End but the waters were restless. A smooth wave rolled in from out at sea, rocking the ships docked at the pier gently before another followed, whipping them about like little toy boats against the piers. Most would think it was the storm that made the waters restless, until a low grumble like the sound of a belly rumbling vibrated through the air. Inside the home of Syrus Arcadia, the drake that slowly grew attached to him looked up and let out a tiny whine as it glanced out the window. Slowly, the grumbling grew louder and louder until it was almost deafening. Then for a brief moment, all was horribly quiet. There was nothing to be heard, not the sound of bugs crawling about, nor the usual shuffling of people creeping about outside. There was only the telltale smell of danger to come, the putrid odor of death and decay akin to one that Syrus may have been able to recall, a smell akin to that of a hell hound… but there was no hell hound lurking outside his door tonight, there was something worse. A small soft creak and the moaning of a ship being crushed beneath immense weight gave way to a loud crash right above Syrus’ head. Looking up, he would find his roof smashed to pieces on the left side, barely missing his shape-shifting guest Nenet by mere inches and splitting the house open. Rain and splintered wood rained down from above and in the dark, something slimy raised its head and peeked inside the house. Then another head appeared, and then another, and another. Seven ripped, scarred, and rotting heads raised up from the dark, one half severed and hanging on by little threads of rotting tendons and muscles of the body of the thing tearing the pirates’ house apart. Seven sets of reptilian eyes, glowing in the dark, glared into the house searching for a snack and honing in quickly on the largest thing in the room, the drake. With unavoidable speed, they quickly snapped at it with row upon row of razor sharp jagged teeth… grabbing the poor drake like a cat snatches up a rat. Immediately the heads began to fight over it as it snapped back helplessly, unable to really defend itself against one of the most legendary creatures of myth, a Hydra. It would be best to lay low among the rubble and hope the creature passed by without making a meal of anyone else… but only if Syrus can bare the sounds of the wretched screams of pain of the creature Lottie had hatched.

User Image

Dapper Lunatic

Avain - Chief Artificer

Avain's response to Celphi's acting up was amusement, he laughed as he watched the older female smack her on the temple and waved his hand through the air before he directed his attention to her. " "Aw, the pup thinks shes a big bad wolf"" He cooed, his voice partly mocking and mostly amused that the girl would have the gall to challenge one of the men regarded as some of the most dangerous mercenaries in the region, if not the world, and the one known as the Bronze Titan to boot. " "Perhaps, pup, if you would like to spar, I wouldn't mind teaching you a bit of a lessen, I am not much'v a fighter myself, but I know how to swing an axe."" He swiftly turned his attention to Adriana, pleased she had identified his stone. "And thankyou Madame Adrianna, I made it myself actually, one of my talents." Those talents being the reason he was sent on this task. When the flintlock was produced, Avain's attention would be instantly focused on it. The craftmanship was interesting, advanced for a device thought up almost fifty years ago, almost like a prototype Dwarven pistol...For a couple moments Avain would examine the Flintlock that Adrianna had presented to him... Those eyes once again turning gold and pupils narrowing to slits as he glared intently at the device; lights from candles nearby flickered as the Artificer dug deeper, deeper and deeper into the Item's purpose. After minutes of this he stopped and his eyes returned to normal. The hat tipped back up to reveal a much more somber expression than the one that the playful artificer had displayed, his charade dropped and even the tone of his voice changed. " "Miss Adrianna, this Item is dangerous... Beyond Dangerous... it is not one of the items created by the Queen in the tale... but different... I see bullets, a thief in the night... This weapon is capable of killing almost anything, and it rarely misses if activated and properly controlled, in the wrong hands this weapon could cause so much chaos, it is no surprise both you and my Master desire to see these items destroyed." Avain looked up at Adrianna to see how she registered the admission... Talan also wanted to destroy these items.

"The other item of business, why I wished to speak to you personally..." The Artificer lowered his vision to Adrianna "Hawk is to return to Talan's side once this mission is complete and the items are taken care of... however, my Master also knows of his attachment to you and your crew... as such he has deigned to pass along an invitation for you to fly your own banner alongside us, to join us... He knows of your skill and your knowledge and feels you could serve the greater good so much better by working alongside us." Avain clasped his hands on the table and scowled... "Furthermore, my informants in the city have also recently revealed to me that Solera might well soon become hostile to you, a number of metahumans might have been exposed to the public's eye, there will be more witch hunts, and the city will tear itself apart." If any of Talan's men were caught in the crossfire, Talan's reprisal would also be swift and brutal as it always was, Solera would burn... "Leave this dying city Adrianna, join us and you will actually be able to do some real good, you will actually have a futur-" Avain did not get to finish as a guard burst inside screaming and his golems all over the city began to report the incursion of the Undead.

When the Guard burst into the door, Avain was the first to act... a lanky undead monster leapt from behind him on top of him and the Champion sprung into action, seeming almost to move in slow action as he reached into his coat and drew his weapon. Before Adrianna's eyes the long-barreled pistol locked on dead center on the beast's face, it was a weapon more advanced than she had likely ever seen, shaped almost like a flintlock but with a hammer in the back and a long cylinder buried before the barrel... the Revolver was designed flawlessly with hundreds of intricate runes and chrome detail worked into the steel. One of those runes lit up as the gunslinger pulled the trigger and the hammer fell, a rune that Adrianna would effortlessly recognize. "Fire". Thunder filled the room and a flash of flames burst from the barrel, making the Ghoul's entire torso vanish and painting the walls behind it with it's blood. The gunshot was far louder than any conventional pistol and several people fell over clutching their ears from the pain and heat. The Tall men in the room moved as quickly as Avain did, slamming into the doors and keeping more of the Undead from entering, no matter how many of them there was, it was obvious that the bulky figures were not going to budge. Without a word the Champion stood and glanced down at Adrianna and Celphi. " The Enemy is moving faster than I anticipated, we need to act now or the city will be consumed."

User Image

"Get Down!" Avain bellowed as his guards drew their weapons, all three of them producing some sort of weapon while the few civilians in the Bar ducked and cowered, One of them, the one who held the door did so with a circular shield in each of his hands, another one threw aside his cloak to reveal his metal body and all four of his arms... The men who accompanied the champions were his children, golems, men forged out of steel and given birth by a furnace... Runes bristled and glowed on the surface of his metallic body and along the four blades that he drew from sheaths at his sides. "Get somewhere safe, my boys will help you fight the Undead." Avain stood from the table and drew a second revolver, making his way to the door. For a moment he looked distant, as if focusing on something in the distance before snapping to reality. " "The Undead have breached the walls but the breach is still small, they may be still be pushed back if you rally your Soldiers and the People I can also feel the Necromancer's aura here, and he has at least one of the Items... My Brother is en route to the City already and I have requested Aid from the rest... " The sounds of screaming did not cease coming from outside, and fires were being lit around the city as Guards tried to utilize flames against their rotting attackers.

"As for this." Avain turned his hand to expose the flintlock that had vanished from the table moments earlier, handing it to Adrianna. "If you wish, I can hold on to this, it will be safe with me, and I may return it any time you desire, your station is compromised and I feel that these things are after this in the first place but I understand you do not trust us." Avain offered the woman a smile. "The Hundred are your allies, we share the same goal and Talan wants to see You, Natalia and Hawk alive."

Eloquent Bibliophile

14,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ℳєʀcєɴαʀץ ℒєαɗєʀ

Like a gypsy girl should
Who played by the rules
If she set them all free
Into her fantasy

A dangerous game
To know her name
She was calling to me

User Image

Surprise registered on her features at the discovery that Talan had the same goal in mind as she did but she quickly buried the emotion. She really should not have been shocked considering who the man was. She might have very little desire to encourage the Hundred but they had often been the main cause of balance being restored. For a ruthless band of mercenaries, they were rarely fell prey to the temptation for more power. Still, she would need a considerable amount of proof to truly believe that. Her own sense of honor was strong enough to move mountains but even she could just as easily be corrupted if given the right motivation. No one was perfect and Talan was not a man she ever wished to see gain more power than he could handle. The brewing war here would be nothing compared to the destruction and death he could wreak on the world with something so powerful as this.

As Avain continued, the tension in the group returned even stronger than before, this time at no fault of Celphi's. User ImageIf there was one thing that could destroy any diplomacy between the Hundred and Adrianna, it was the mention of Hawk leaving Solera. Even with an offer so grand as the one given to her, she couldn't hide the fury in her eyes. Mercenary or not, her service could not be bought with such underhanded tricks. Her entire life had been spent within this city, protecting its people and building the friendships that had saved her from her own weaknesses. She would not abandon them to their fate. She would not allow her dearest friend for so many years to be forced away from her. And she would damn well make sure Talan knew it, regardless of the consequences.

But before Avain even finished, all hell broke loose as the guard burst through the door. Adrianna moved just as quickly as Avain, instantly on guard, but he was already well prepared for the encounter and she stayed out of the way. Her anger at his words still burned brightly, even as he handed back the flintlock. Though it would indeed be wiser to let the item remain with a member of the Hundred, especially considering the state of things, she took it back and stuffed it into her belt, hidden beneath her cloak. Her eyes burned bright as she met his gaze without fear or compassion. "It is true that you are our allies now but that will change in time. Our goals are not all the same. You may tell your master that I have no intention of ever leaving this city. I live and I will die for these people, even if I am to die at their hands." She paused momentarily, having the wherewithal to choose her next words very carefully.

"As for Hawk, I believe the decision is his to make, not Talan's and not mine. Make no mistake, I am more than aware that my life will be forfeit if I choose to stand against Talan but I will not allow the people I hold most dear to be forced into anything. I will not allow Hawk to suffer. And so, I would challenge even the man who leads the Hundred. Don't mistake my words. It's not for him to stay that I would fight but for his chance to choose. Hawk has been through enough. He deserves the right to lead his own life." Having said her piece, she turned toward the door, motioning for Celphi to come with her. Weak or not, she would not be letting this attack get by her without resistance. Regina was still out and someone needed to organize the men. For now, she needed to be the captain she could be, not the frail and broken woman that she was.

True to her usual self, Adrianna stepped out into the streets with a fierce presence and started barking orders to anyone who would listen. The undead were pouring in but Avain had been right that they could be contained. She quickly snatched one of her own men that was rushing to help the guards with the torches. "Gather anyone that can be spared and set up a perimeter around the theater. The fewer casualties we have, the smaller the horde will be. If those people panic, we'll have nothing but undead roaming this city in less than an hour. Find Brandon LaFay and get him to help as well." The man nodded brusquely and quickly did as he was bid, gathering guards and mercenaries alike in his mad dash for the theater.

She changed directions and quickly headed off a group of undead that were moving toward the infirmary. The smell of blood and rotten flesh made her dizzy and nauseous but she made her stand anyway. "Why not come play with me, petites marionnettes." She wasn't paying attention to where Celphi had gone but there were only five of them bunched together. She could handle them well enough. A broad grin split her face at the prospect of taking out her frustrations on the monstrosities. "Come, now. Come meet your final rest." She didn't bother drawing the rapier on her hip just yet but vaulted forward anyway, grabbing hold of the first undead's head and ripping it clean from the neck with her bare hands. All the anger and frustration and pain she had felt in the last twenty four hours surfaced in her eyes. The look on her face was more akin to a feral beast than the calm and collected mercenary captain and, frankly, she didn't much care. All that mattered was saving as many lives as she could and resealing the city.

For those who believed
In a moment she's gone
But her memory lives on

I can see her in you
Kindred spirits are few
If you lose your way
If your path goes astray

A dangerous game
To know her name
She was calling to me

Company: Celphi
      Temperance: Fighting and slightly unstable

Eloquent Bibliophile

14,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Cαρтαιɴ oғ тнє Cʀιмsoɴ Rosє
The Sea is me Mistress and in her rollin' waves I place me trust.

Merrily we sailed along, though the waves were plenty strong
Down the twisted river Rhine, following a song...
Legend's faded storyline, tried to warn us all
Oh, they called her "Loreley", careful or you'll fall
Oh the stories we were told, quite a vision to behold
Mysteries of the seas in her eyes of gold
Laying on the silver stone, such a lonely sight
Barnacles become a throne, my poor Loreley

And the winds would cry
And many men would die
And all the waves would bow down
To the Loreley

User Image

He had settled comfortably back against the drake, thankful for the contact despite that the beast had shattered his last bottle of alcohol. The warmth and soft rumbling of the drake was soothing enough to put him more at ease. He could hardly forget his grief and regret but it was enough to at least let him breathe again. The drake was all he had left, the only thing that could be considered family anymore. It was all he had left of Lottie. No matter that the creature couldn't speak, he understood in some ways how it felt. He might not have been the first choice but they could at least rely on each other. That was enough.

When the drake suddenly whined in the night, Syrus frowned and followed it's gaze but saw nothing. User ImageThe low rumble that he had thought was thunder slowly grew louder until he had to cover his ears against the deafening roar of sound, wincing in pain. His head began to spin violently but, altogether, it stopped. The silence was even worse than the noise as the hair on his neck stood on end, warning him of danger. A familiar smell wafted into the room from the darkness outside, the smell of death and decay. It smelled like hell itself, like the monstrous hounds that had lurked outside the palace that first night. Slowly and carefully, he eased away from the drake towards his cutlass on the nearby chair, keeping one hand on the hard scales in a manner that was meant to soothe it. Unfortunately, the monstrosity outside would not wait long.

The house ripped open suddenly like a ship tossed upon the rocks, rain and shattered timber cascading down on his head. the putrid smell intensified and he looked up into the darkness as the source slithered a reeking head into view. More followed, numbering seven in all. He had heard stories of the legendary hydra but had never chanced to come across one. Until that moment, at least, he had been a rather lucky man. As he stared up into the void of darkness and shadow above, his sobriety returned almost instantly. Fear was not something he felt, even now, but he couldn't deny that there was death waiting for any that caught the eyes of that monster. In a move that was faster than its large size predicted, the hydra reached down and snatched up the drake, much to his horror. His last remaining friend screamed in pain as the heads began to bicker over the meal. Leave it, Syrus. It's dead already. But the drake didn't sound dead to him. Foolish and insane it might be, but he was not going to let that monster make a meal out of his family.

Fury rimmed the irises of his eyes in crimson as he grabbed his cutlass and clambered over the piles of rubble that had fallen. He had seen how the fey b***h had defeated the hound at the palace. While he didn't have her magic or her speed, he had something better. He had a mind that, when fully utilized, was more deadly than a sword or magic. Not only that, he had the others as well. Rather than mount a stealthy attack that likely would have been more prudent, Syrus made it all too easy to find him in the rubble, running out into the middle of the now open room in plain sight of all the heads. "Ye willna take me only fam'ly, ye great beastie! 'Ere! O'er 'ere! Take me!" He wanted them to see him. He wanted them to move that fast again. He wanted to make sure it didn't focus on the drake, that way it wouldn't try to eat it yet. If he could just get the stupid thing to let go.

Of course, it wasn't going to. It was hungry and now it had two nice little snacks. But it didn't see the water that had built up under the redhead's feet. It didn't know he held sway over the live-giving liquid. No sooner than it moved to snap at him, Syrus shot into the air to avoid the gnashing teeth, riding atop a puddle of water that moved at will. He remembered how his other half had formed the sphere that had drowned the little siren girl. It was the same concept of control, minimized to a specific area. While the monster wondered where the little morsel had vanished to, he launched himself from the makeshift platform and ripped a long gash under the throat of the head that held the drake, effectively slacking its jaw so that the drake was released from the gaping maw and razor sharp teeth. He dropped to the floor as the drake landed hard, inspecting the damage done. "Go, laddie. Git the lass an' go. I'll handle this here beastie." He smirked and turned back to the recovering hydra. Only six more heads to disassemble. This could be fun...

You would not believe your eyes, how a voice could hypnotize
Promises are only lies from my Loreley
In a shade of mossy green, seashell in her hand
She was born the River Queen, ne'er to grace the land

Oh, the song of Loreley, charms the moon right from the sky
She will get inside your mind, Lovely Loreley
When she cries "Be with me until the end of time"
You know you will ever be with your Loreley

And the winds will cry
And many men will die
And all the waves will bow down
To the Loreley

Company: One drake and only hydra
      Temperance: Homicidal

Eloquent Bibliophile

14,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The true face...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image
"A handsome stranger dark as sin alights upon the meadow
Beware the darkness underneath, that hides beneath the shadow."

And here is what you see...
User Image

He was enjoying his miniature vacation. Really, it was amusing to sit amongst the common folk and listen to them babble. Some merely gossiped about the current events in their personal lives. Others, whispered of rumors in the city. It seemed that there would soon be a great trial in Solera's future. Rumors of non-humans in the city, hiding in plain sight, were already filtering through to the commoners and that meant that action would soon be taken against them. What would Adrianna do when her precious city turned against her? He smiled at the prospect. He was rather enjoying the pain she was suffering. In due time, he would let it end but, for now, the more she was tortured, the better. It made his work so much easier when she was distracted by grief and torment.

His amusement was quick to come to an end, however, as a mercenary quickly made his way into the theater, dripping with rainwater. The signs of panic were obvious to him, though others less honed in the expressions given by battle-hardened men would hardly see it. When the man caught sight of him, his gait was even but determined, enough to let him know that there was something amiss. "Sir, please come with me. Captain Adrianna has asked that you help with something outside." Trouble. With the noise inside the theater, it was difficult to hear anything from outside but, as he listened more intently, the sounds of battle were definitely there. Something had entered the city. A slow smile tugged at his lips as he nodded and rose from his seat. Murmurs through the crowd began rising louder. The performance had only just begun with a man and guitar on the stage, yet someone was already leaving...someone fetched by a mercenary. It didn't take a genius to figure out that something was wrong.

The mercenary made his way towards the back of the stage, quickly informing the actors that no one was to leave the theater and the show should continue in order to reduce panic among the people. The guards and mercenaries outside would keep them contained if needed but it was better for the people to not be alarmed. Brandon knew it was only a matter of time, however, until panic turned them all into frightened little rats. It was the way things were. Humans were so very predictable and easy to dispatch. He waited patiently for the man to return and lead the way out into the rain. There, he saw what the commotion was. Undead flooded through the streets and it was all he could do not to laugh at the sight. Pitiful attempts to hold them back did little more than add to the horde. It was pathetic.

Tugging a pair of daggers from his belt that had been concealed with much more care than most, he glanced back at the mercenary with an amused twinkle. "And here I was beginning to think the whole town had grown so boring in my absence. Keep close to the others. Should anyone fall prey to one of these undead, cut off their head, even if they still live. You can't save them anyway and they'll only make things worse." It was a heartlessly cold order but one that was necessary. While he rather enjoyed the chaos that spread through the city, he was not overly fond of the disruption of his free time. Oh, but he could at least have a little fun playing with these new toys. Even puppets of a necromancer were little more than child's play for him.

He stalked forward, moving closer to the gate and the heavier concentration of undead. Daggers at the ready and an eerily sadistic smile on his lips, he darted forward into the fray. His blades flashed in the darkness, reflecting gold and scarlet light from the fires as two undead fell to his first attack, their heads rolling across the ground in opposite directions. A guard on his left screamed as one of the undead latched onto his shoulder. In one motion, he offered the same fate to them both without prejudice. "Only fools and amateurs are caught unawares by something so simple as this. You don't deserve the status you claim." He continued forward with a vicious smile, leaving a trail of decapitated bodies in his wake as he made his way towards the front gates.

Company: None Directly
Temperance: Amused

Beloved Poster

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

Donovin cursed as the footsteps came closer to the door and without thinking, he darted to the single source of light in the room and threw it on the table. Oil splashed everywhere, spreading the fire along with it scorching everything in the room and creating a blaze in a matter of seconds as the door opened. The mayor screamed in shock and horror and realizing the documents burning in the furnace Donovin had created, he rushed to put the flames out, but not before Don delivered a swift kick to his side, knocking him into the flames. The man screamed as the fire began to cling to his clothes, scorching his skin and drawing the others, but not before Donovin darted from the room only to meet the guards waiting for him outside. He glanced once at the corpses of the doctor and his assistant who had both been stabbed, and then at the others who’d been snuffed out in their sleep and instinct had him growling at the men before him.

He was sure one of them called him a monster before he was on him, and the irony was not lost. Donovin may have been considered a monster, but these men were worse. He drained the first man dry then turned to the other who’d taken the moment to run. He ran after him, catching him right before he exited the infirmary, and kicked out his knee, breaking the bone and throwing him to the floor. In seconds, Don had him pinned to the floor when he realized something. This man, wasn’t human! He’d seen him in Hollow’s End.

Why?” he growled angrily. “Why are you helping him you piece of s**t!”

The man screamed and screamed, but Don couldn’t understand a word he’d said. Instead, he silenced him forever and left the now burning building before any other guards were drawn to the chaos. He ran outside, and quickly shed off the heavy armor thinking while he did so. Adrianna might have been right… she once said that there may be people in Hollow’s End helping those in Solera, but he doubted she would have ever imagined it was like this.
“But why, why would the people of Hollow’s End team up to help a man who was aiming to destroy them?’ he could only hope it was a few stupid individuals but somehow he had a feeling that this was more than it seemed. He finished stripping off the armor and watched as several guards rushed to the infirmary, drawn to the flames and smoke which added to the night sky. Battling the fire would be hard given that the oil had created and fuelled it along with the documents and bodies, but it was for the best especially now that the threat was gone...but metal peeling open drew his attention to the mass of undead bursting into the city and immediately he felt a stroke of panic, not for himself but for Adrianna. He had to find her.
Don glanced around and amid the sudden chaos caught sight of who he thought was Natalia running through the streets, but with the crowds and hordes of people running this way and that, he couldn’t be sure and she was gone before he could really get a good look. Swiftly, he pulled his flintlock from his side and fired a shot into one of the ghouls that approached him, and another who tried to creep up on him while another simply settled from a guard who’d appeared on his left. Shooting that monster in between the eyes with deadly accuracy gave the guard a bit of a chance, but before the man could thank him, he was gone.

Donovin slid through the town, dodging the dead as he went, and ignoring those being fed on, his entire thoughts set on finding Adrianna but she was no where to be seen and strangely neither was Natalia or Regina. He paused, looking over the crowds of people who screamed and ran aimlessly away from danger they were blind to, until he heard her voice. In the middle of the sea of endless screaming, he heard her barking orders and immediately honed in on it until he found her. He watched her rip the head of a undead clean of it’s shoulders then run head first toward another one and as usual, he felt a sense of admiration. The girl really could take are of herself. But as he watched, his relief at finding her quickly disappeared when a group of three came toward her, one running directly toward her front, and two from behind. Without thinking, he covered her back while she grappled with the one ahead of her. Like she’d done, he severed one’s head, and shot the other, but a third grabbed him by the hood and yanked him back with incredible strength. He felt it’s hot breath near his throat before he jammed his flint in it’s rotting mouth and fired, putting it down for good. This all took place in a matter of seconds before he turned, and spotting another creeping in from her left with the means of biting into her shoulder, tackled the last one to the ground so ferociously that it’s head cracked beneath his hand on the ground.

Panting, he stood up and wiped the blood in the remains of his ripped cloak. He could feel that his eyes burned red out of instinct due to the distinct smell of blood in the air, but he ignored it and turned to Adrianna.

Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did any of them bite you?” he asked hastily as he stepped toward her.

Donovin Edward Stevens

Mood: Edgy
Current Desire:Keep Adrianna Safe
O.O.C: Edited about seven times since you guys type like maniacs all of a sudden.

Eloquent Bibliophile

14,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ℳєʀcєɴαʀץ ℒєαɗєʀ

Like a gypsy girl should
Who played by the rules
If she set them all free
Into her fantasy

A dangerous game
To know her name
She was calling to me

User Image

She was being reckless and she knew it but there were some things that simply eased her soul more than others. Fighting like this, with nothing held back, was one of those things. She had lost so much and buried her emotions for so long that she was fighting more than just the undead. She was fighting against the brokenness within her. There was only so much she could take. As the rest of the little horde of undead moved closer, she drew her sword and pressed her advantage, taking out two more in one strong swing. Her vision narrowed until all she saw was the battle ahead of her. She barely even noticed that someone had joined her and she certainly didn't notice whom it might have been.

The horde grew larger, adding to the original five with more moving towards the growing pile of bodies. User ImageWhile her unknown partner battled fiercely behind her, she grappled with another pair that had seemingly come from nowhere. One lost it's head rather quickly but her rapier was ripped from her hands in the process. She wasn't daunted, though, even as the other tried to catch her off guard. She fended it off with a few well-landed punches but her endurance was still not up to par considering she was knocking on death's door just the night before. As she struggled to hold the rotting thing at bay, another came at her from the side but it was suddenly tackled away. The distraction gave her the time to finally get the upper hand over the undead she was fighting and a swift swing of a dagger finally put an end to the miniature war she had been fighting.

In the lull that followed, a familiar voice called out to her. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did any of them bite you?" Her head turned slowly and she stared at the man before her. He stepped closer to her, concern evident on his face, but her own feet carried her a step backwards. It wasn't particularly fear that gripped her so tightly but an uncertainty that filled her. She couldn't even bring herself to answer him at first, her mouth desperately trying to form words but her voice not responding. She couldn't quite decide if she had completely lost her mind or if she was dreaming with waking eyes. Before her stood Donovin but she couldn't quite believe he was real. She had watched him burn. She had watched him die. How was it possible that he was standing there in front of her?

Slowly, cautiously, she forced herself to step forward, confusion still ruling her expression as she reached a tentative hand towards him. "D-Donovin? H-how? I saw them...I saw you..." She couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence, pain lacing her aquamarine eyes. Her hand was shaking as she stopped just short of touching him. Her emotions warred within her. Fear that she was loosing her mind and he wasn't really there. Relief that he was alive. Anger that he hadn't told her. She had been an emotional wreck and he had abandoned her to that. He had left her, just like everyone else. Tears welled in her eyes but she stubbornly held them back, finally drawing the courage to cross those last few inches until her hand met his solid chest. "You're real. You're really here."

She stared at her own hand on his chest for a moment, conflicted and uncertain what to do. There were battles going on all over the city but she couldn't seem to draw herself away from him to do her duty just yet. She couldn't seem to pull any sort of coherent thought together long enough to even move. Without thinking of the repercussions, she reached up and slapped him hard across the cheek. "You abandoned me! You let me believe you were dead. You left...went I needed you the most." The tears she had tried to hold back overflowed and trickled down her cheeks. She had suffered so much when she thought he was dead but it was almost worse to know he had been alive all that time. He could have told her. He should have told her. Pain etched her face and the tears continued to flow without her permission.

"How can you even ask if I'm okay? Of course, I'm not okay. If you had any sense in your head, you would know that already. In the darkness before dawn, you walked away from me when I came to you for comfort. You walked away angry because you didn't understand everything. And then I had to watch your execution. It felt like someone had ripped my heart and soul right out of my chest. Yes, I'm hurt." She sniffed and did her best to quell the turmoil of emotions that were spiraling through her. Why couldn't she just be happy he was alive? Why couldn't she just accept that he had made a mistake and move forward? She knew very well that she had made her own fair share of mistakes, in the past as well as with him. Slowly, she calmed down and the relief finally flooded through her.

She sighed heavily but suddenly stepped into him and wrapper her arms around him. "Stupid ******** idiot a*****e. Don't ever do that to me again." She didn't particularly care that they were both covered in blood and smelled like rotting corpses. She was simply glad she could see him, glad he was really alive and there was still a chance that things could go back to normal. Or at least, as normal as they had ever been. "I'm sorry if I sound like a blubbering idiot. But it's your fault, really, for making me...care about you so much."

{ Obscenely Over Caffeinated: Don's lucky this round...at least he got an explanation. She almost just straight up fainted. XD }

For those who believed
In a moment she's gone
But her memory lives on

I can see her in you
Kindred spirits are few
If you lose your way
If your path goes astray