• Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
"Sometimes I know life will get better."

_________________Ruby
_______________________________________McGovern

|_________________________|
___________________|

Ruby had made her way down the street; she had applied at other places; but the coffee shop had caught her eye; she looked inside seeing a guy with piercings and a Mohawk working the counter. She didn't find him odd at all as she entered in to the shop making her way to the counter. She should at least order a coffee while she filled out an application. This was her last stop for the day. Placing the money she retrieved from her wallet; she smiled a bit. "I would like a cop of black coffee."She commented.

She also looked around the area for a bit and gave a small faint smiled. "Also you wouldn't happen to be hiring; I am in need of a job."She commented as she looked the man over he seemed slightly annoyed but that was just a inside thought of hers as she shook it away. She listened to the music as it filled threw the shop; she looked around as people enjoyed being there. "If you are not hiring that is fine; I will just take my coffee and go."She commented as she waited for the man to take her money; she was used to be being rejected but what could she say; it was life.

|___________________|

"Just have to take it slowly."

cypress8blade
SID MOREAU <~> MARX
User Image

Just take a look around the world,
and you’ll find that nearly all mass media are
owned and controlled by a handful of conservative capitalists.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lifting his head up to look at the young girl come into the shop, Sid stood up straight getting ready to take the order and do the same old, same old routine. He gave a silent nod then leaned over to the large silver coffee pot and started to pour her drink when he heard her speak about a job. He glanced over at her again as if judging her then snorted a laugh. "You wanna work here? Do you really think you're the most interesting girl at your school, or are you just pulling my leg?" he joked then set the cup of coffee down on the counter for her.

He glared at the girl for a moment then looked up at the door seeing that damn sign was still there. He had spent some time over the past week or so scaring off some of the most annoying people he had seen trying to get a job. He sighed then pulled a paper application out from under the counter and put it in front of her. "The boss lady was suppose to be here, but.... she's running a bit late. If you want to hang around a little bit, I can make sure you get a chance to talk with her," he said speaking in a much more kind and understanding tone this time. He knew times were still tough when it came to finding work, so, he shouldn't automatically be so critical with her.

Sid took a sip of his own coffee that was sitting on the counter. A strange feeling of pity came over him as she looked at the girl. He knew she didn't stand a chance. "Hey, whatever you name is, if you want to get hired here, you're going to want to change that ******** shirt," he said leaning in closer to her speaking a bit quieter, "Oxana, well, she can be a bit picky. And only nerds and squares are into that s**t band these days. So, how about I grab you a better shirt while you fill that out, alright? And no stealing the pastries while I go upstairs." Sid wasn't sure why he felt the need to throw this girl such a lifeline. Probably, cause she seemed like the kind of odd ball he was a few years ago in school.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We must devise and implement alternative
methods of distributing our news, our information, our ideas.
People united worldwide to take a stand to tell the truth!

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________Ruby

___________________|

Ruby was a little taken back when the the man spoke about her being the supposed interesting kid at school. She took the cup of coffee taking a sip of it as she figured out a response to that. "I don't consider myself interesting; I just go there and then I leave...Being interesting would be boring and falling in line with all the posers and fakes at the school."She commented as she was about to walk away from this man feeling he had a intense hatred over her already. She found him to be a little bit of a jerk; but something about him seemed to spark something in the girl.

She stopped when she heard him speak about the boss being there soon and taking a seat; she nodded. "Thank you."She spoke with a straight face as she took another sip of coffee. She walked over taking a seat at the table pulling out her sketchbook something that would pass the time waiting for whomever lady to return so she could ask about a job. She flipped threw her pages noticing her art was rather dark as of lately; she left her comic art at the apartment.

Hearing the man once more she turned her attention to him as he talked about changing her shirt; she poked at it; she never really thought much of it; but it was just something she bought on clearance; it was something a lot better then what her parents tried to force her to wear. Hearing he was going to get her another shirt she looked at him oddly but shrugged a bit. "Um ok thanks..."

Hearing about the stealing she rolled her eyes she had no intention of stealing anything. She went back to her drawing of a mangled looking body she sighed a bit; taking a sip of her coffee.

|___________________|

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
"So what if you can see the darker side of me.."

_________________Brandon
_______________________________________Mathew
____________________________ Rivers
_________-Artemis-

|___________________|

Brandon had woken up early in the morning and showered; he knew that man that was attempting to rape that girl was in jail now. Just because he was a low life scum bag he had no reason to die; only a few had good reasons to be killed and it was a rare thing. He had exited out of the steam filled bathroom with a towel wrapped around his lower part of his body. He had no idea what his plans were for the day; but he knew he had to go to work later on tonight; when the club would be full of people wanting to have fun, get drunk, and dance like morons. He mentally face palmed himself knowing how stupid people got when they were drunk.

He walked over to the window with the towel still wrapped around him. He looked out on the city seeing it was peaceful in the morning and he smiled lightly as he didn't have to be Artemis until night fall. He moved from the window wondering what he was going to do for the day as he dropped the towel to the floor of his apartment. He opened up his dresser and pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans and a black button up shirt. He grabbed his boxers out and slipped them one not wanting to be naked anymore.

Grabbing the pants he slipped them on as they were loose; he had to grab a belt to hold his pants up. He then grabbed the black long sleeved button up shirt putting that on. He then rolled the sleeves up to his elbows making sure it didn't look stupid. Grabbing a leather belt he wrapped it around his pants tightening it; and threw some socks and shoes on. He grabbed his wallet and phone slipping it in to his pocket. He made sure his hair looked alright before leaving out of his home and out of the building completely.

He walked down the street walking in to a local coffee shop; he wasn't a fan of the big chains and rather fancied this one; he had been coming here for a few months now; and he always enjoyed the music that played and the smell of coffee; he looked over seeing a man talking to a small girl about the shirt he was wearing and took a seat as the guy went somewhere. He was a patient man and would wait till the guy returned wanting to take his order. He picked up a newspaper as he read about all the meta-humans.

|___________________|

"No one will ever change this animal I have become."

((Give him his coffee >_> <_< besides I feel Brandon/Arty should have connections to some people. ))
SID MOREAU <~> MARX
User Image

Sid hurried up the stairs. He sent Oxana a frenzied text not sure what to do with this girl. He knew they needed the help, but he wasn't good with being a manager. He was either to harsh or too friendly with people. As practically jumped back down the stairs bursting through the curtain hurrying back to the girl throwing the shirt to land next to her. It was a small black t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. On the front it had the words 'Leftover Crack' emblazoned on it in old English letters with a satanic pentagram in the very center. "There's a bathroom over there in the corner if you wanna go change," he said then jumped over the counter rather gracefully to take his position back.

He glanced over at her sketch book and smiled in surprise. He figured she might actually fit in after all. "Hey, that's pretty rad. You do a lot of drawing like that?" he asked leaning over the book to get a better look at it. The image made him feel an odd pang of worry. he hated caring about other people as much as he did at times. He figured being a heartless t**t did make life much easier, but it wasn't really in his nature. "We could actually use some of you work on the walls here. I get tired of all the same stuff everyday, you know?"

Sid looked up to see see a new guy in the store he had somehow missed. He gave the girl a quick shrug then walked over to the man. "You know what you want?" he asked pushing some of his hair out of his eyes.

((EDIT!!! And now kinda sad for Oxana lol))

Invisible Perfectionist

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Jenianne Murr
a.k.a.
Ms. Chameleon

"From the time that we arrive until the time we leave..."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It was obvious that Jenianne qould stay on the lookout for anything suspicious from Logan's rooftop. Sure, Logan was the only person who let her do that, but he felt like she wasn't going to harm herself in any way. He was right, of course; Jenianne would just stand and watch over the neighbors. She turned invisible just to avoid any drama in case anyone saw her and thought she was going to jump. She skimmed the area carefully, and she noticed a gray car pull up in front of Logan's house. She fell silent as she saw a tall guy emerge from the car. He went to the trunk and opened it to reveal a small handgun. "I'm guessing Logan's in danger." Jenianne's heart was pumping when she saw the guy approach Logan's front door and give it a knock. 'Don't answer it!' Jenianne thought, but someone had already opened the door. "Hello?" It was Logan's father. The gun immediately cocked, and the guy ordered, "Get inside the house." She heard the door close loudly; at that moment, she knew to sneak inside. Luckily, Logan had left the window open for her; she simply climbed off of the roof and jumped inside his room. At this point, she posed as Ms. Chameleon, pulling her hood down so nobody saw her face. "Let's do this." She silently opened the door and crept where she found the gunman, Logan, and his father. "Where is the girl?!" Jenianne heard the gunman demand to them, pointing the gun to Logan's head now. "I-I don't know!" he stuttered as a reply. 'That's true.' She went inside the room just as the assailant held his finger to the trigger. "I'll ask you one more time," he demanded louder this time, "Where IS SHE?!" Ms. Chameleon's blood boiled at this behavior, so she tackled the guy's back and shouted, "RIGHT HERE!" The gunman took the gun away from Logan's head as the men ran from the house. Ms. Chameleon reappeared, her face red and eyes squinting. The gunman had some trouble getting her off of him, but he flipped her over and pointed the gun towards her. "Well, kid," the man grimaced, "Say your goodbyes." To this, Ms. Chameleon smiled, "Not. Just. Yet." She lifted her index finger and pointed it towards the guy before concentrating some of her power into her finger. In no time at all, a beam of electricity shot out from her finger and hit the guy's torso. He fell to the ground, stunned and paralyzed, and it gave Ms. Chameleon some time to find rope, tie him up with it, and escape. When she got outside, she put down her hood and asked Logan, "You alright?" Logan nodded, unsure of what had happened. She reached into his pocket, took out his cell phone, and gave it to him. "Call 911. He's too shocked to move, so..."

"...We find our purposes here. I have found mine; to be a hero."

What I'm doing: Mustering courage to knock on Logan's door, but I can't find any.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________Ruby

___________________|

Ruby had been lost in thought as she continued with the outlining and shading that she almost didn't expect that guy to be back downstairs so quickly. She looked at him as she sat away from her drawing real quick as she took the shirt from him. "Thanks."She commented as she noticed the guy had seemed to be taking an interest in her art. She never showed anyone and if they did see her art people said it sucked or it was rather creepy or stupid. Hearing about the bathroom she nodded as she sat up and was about to make her way to the bathroom to change in to the shirt.

Hearing him actually compliment her art made her smiled lightly. "Um thanks your the first to actually compliment it."She said as she listened to him as he continued to look at her drawing. She heard him speak about the wall art she smiled a bit. "Well if you really want it up there I am sure I can figure something out if I get a job here."She commented as she left from the spot making her way to the bathroom to change.

Once in the bathroom she took the shirt off and looked at herself in the mirror for a bit; she was kind of plain but she didn't care. She then put the shirt the man let her use; and seemed rather at home in the shirt. She then exited out of the bathroom to go back to the table she was sitting at. Seeing the man walk over to a guy to ask for his order.

|___________________|

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________Brandon
_________-Artemis-

|___________________|

Brandon looked up at the man after he set the newspaper down. He looked him over and sighed a bit. "I wouldn't mind a Black coffee with some sugar on the side." He said as he relaxed a bit; he had been coming here regularly and he usually got the same thing each time.. He then turned his attention to the girl with the sketchbook. He couldn't help feel that girl was disturbed with something.

He then sighed a bit needing to switching things uop a bit; maybe something light to eat. "Maybe a blueberry muffin as well."He said as he went took out his wallet pulling out a twenty and handing it to the guy. "Keep the change."He commented knowing that was a large tip he got from a stupid drunk last night. Money was not really a big issue to him; he paid his bills and made sure he had a place to live. He hoped the guy wouldn't find it an insult to have him keep the left over money he just didn't care where it went.

|___________________|

((He is not food lmao))
SID MOREAU <~> MARX
User Image

"Coffee and muffin coming up," Sid said with a curt nod then quickly got those items together. He handed the man a ceramic mug, knowing he tended to hang around for a bit of time. Then, he set down a small jar full of sugar and a big blueberry muffin on a plate in front of the man. He took the money a bit surprised about the size of the tip. He gave a grateful smile. Now it was worth opening the store alone.

Sid looked over at the young girl and gave a more approving nod. "Now, all we have to do is dread your hair and we'll have to hire you," he said giving a very jovial laugh. He pulled his phone out of his pocket then stepped away from the customers. It looked like it was going to be a busy day. He groaned putting a hand to his face hearing her voicemail message respond to him. "Oxana, I don't care what you are doing, but you need to get here. You cannot leave me here alone! It's bullshit and you know it."

OXANA ROMANOFSKI : : ~The Dark Valkyrie~
User Image
I try to stay on top of you
To hold your body down
Your shaking seems to hinder
Every grasp that I had found

~~~__________________________________

The sound of loud boots stomped down the stairs rather quickly. Oxana entered the store through the beaded curtain, holding her phone to her ear. "Is it really bullshit Sid? I'm the one who signs your paychecks. I could just 'forget' to for a week," she said then clicked her phone off, shoving the little black thing into her pants pocket. She wore tight, neon purple skinny jeans with knee high leather buckle boots, a black string bikini top showing off her torso covered in the swirling tribal designs, and a pair of long black flowy sleeves that looked like she had hacked off of a shirt from the seventies and had sewn white ribbon into them to hold them all the way up on her upper arms. Her hair was pulled up onto a messy bun held up with decorative chop sticks with bit of her bangs hanging in front of her eyes.

Her skin was completely healed, and she moved again with the confidence and air of a predator again. She had taken the time to steal a snack from the fridge before rushing down. "So, you said there was some girl here to see me, right?" she said giving Sid a look of slight annoyance. She was busy talking to some guy who seemed to have serious issues and Sid couldn't handle a teenager. Oxana looked over and noticed one of her only regular customers. She gave him a big smile, then suddenly realized she didn't know his name. Just his usual order.

((no biting I know..... V_V))

___________________________________________________~~~

Moving every inch around you
To diffuse your private bomb
I stretch my self surrounding
And protecting you from harm

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________Ruby

___________________|

Ruby had been sitting there as she continued her drawing; she heard about the guy dreading her hair and she touched it a bit; couldn't she just dye it black and purple or something; she had such short hair and it would look a little funny with dread; then she began to wonder if this man wanted to dress her up for an amusement or some sexual fantasy. Her mind was beginning to wander; until she heard the door slam open.

Seeing the woman she watched in amusement; why did this place feel like a home to her already. She really didn't want to cut in to the amusing antics of these two since it did snap her out her own stupid little thoughts. "I'm the girl..." She spoke up as she set her pencil down on the sketchbook.

|___________________|

-------------------------------------

User Image

_________________Brandon
_________-Artemis-

|___________________|

Brandon smiled as the Coffee and muffin came over to him. He thanked the man and smiled as he picked the muffin up taking a small bite. He then grabbed the sugar adding a few scoops to the coffee as he took a sip of it. The atmosphere in the place was nice; well sometimes. He continued to eat the muffin until it was finished. He then grabbed his coffee taking another sip of it.

He took the nice atmosphere thought back when the owner came busting threw; he found it was rather amusing but kept his eyes on his coffee looking back once and a while seeing that the girl gave him a small smile; he smiled and nodded back as he went back to sipping on the coffee.

|___________________|

Dangerous Ladykiller

11,025 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Maria Bellec
Jeez, Can't you people take a joke?
------------------------------------

Assuming he isn't hostile, or isn't hungry, she slowly reaches to her camera bag. Opening it and drawing her camera, making sure its in plain sight to gauge a reaction. No goiing much farther with it then holding it in her hands, slanted downward toward the ground. "Would I be safe to assume that you can speak?" she asks calmly, not moving from where she stands, keeping a watch on him as the flare she launched into the sky still burns brightly, causing one of her eyes to close, as she then feels the flare's position move over slightly from a gust of wind.

------------------------------------
Guess not. See you next time!~

RikuDude88
SID MOREAU <~> MARX
User Image

Sid opened his mouth to argue with Oxana further then realized that there was no point. She could take him back to that really creepy place for a 'time out' again like the last time they argued. He sighed heavily rolling his eyes then went over to the espresso machine to start cleaning it. He looked over and noticed Oxana giving that guy in the black button up a smile. She normally was rather blunt with people unless she liked them for whatever reason she had. Sid glared at the man for a moment then went back to his cleaning, feeling a small amount of jealousy..

User Image
To hold your body down

Oxana gave the man in the black shirt a more genuine, if not bashful smile seeing him return the gesture. She then quickly looked over at the girl as soon as she spoke. Oxana looked her up and down for a moment. She appeared to not be a meta human, or even one of those annoying mall goths that liked to come into her store at times. Then she looked over at the girl's drink. She picked up the cup and examined the contents. "Huh, you willing drink one of the stronger coffees that we make. Ok, I'll hire you for a week and see how it goes," Oxana said with a slight shrug then set the cup back down.

She had a feeling that hunting down those two from the night before were going to take up more of her time. The sooner she got someone trained, the better. "I'm Oxana by the way," she said then pointed to her co-worker, "That's Sid. Don't mind him. He generally doesn't do well with people until you get to know him. He sucks at small talk. Isn't that right Sid?" She looked over at her mohawked co-worker to see him flipping her off as he kept cleaning the second espresso machine. Oxana gave a small laugh then waved a dismissive hand at him. "You see, totally harmless," she said then leaned on the counter, "If you are free today, we can get you started on some simple stuff. I don't want you catching the store on fire just yet."

Oxana looked over at the man for a moment. She had found him to be an interesting guy. He was always a bit quiet. She appreciated that compared to how some people liked to act, especially people with hang overs from the night before. "You interested in making money today, uh, what's your name?" she said to the girl.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________Ruby

___________________|

Ruby was a bit surprised by this woman; she was actually finding her quite interesting more and more. Seeing her pick up the cup of coffee she was drinking examining it for a bit. She gave a faint smile as she heard about being hired on a week trial. "Sure I would not mind that."She commented as she closed her sketchbook and slipped it in to her bag. She was actually exciting about being hired even though it was a trial it was still something that could help her out by just beginning to work.

Hearing the girl introduce her self as Oxana; and the guy who flipped her off is Sid. She looked at her. "I'm Ruby...Not a very interesting name."She commented as she had hated her own name; her parents were stupid for naming her something like that. "I have nothing to do for the day So I am free."She commented as she kept catching Oxana looking at the silent man sitting there. Did she have a bit of a thing for him; she shrugged a bit pushing those thoughts out of her head it wasn't her business anyways. Hearing her ask what her name was she already gave her first name. "Well Gave you my first name but my last name is McGovern."She said excited to make some money.

|___________________|

-------------------------------

User Image

_________________Brandon
_________-Artemis-

|___________________|

Brandon didn't notice the glare from the man behind the counter as he noticed the more bashful smile from the owner. He couldn't tell if she was flirting with him or just being nice. He fished his coffee and picked up the paper once more; looking over all the interesting stories and photographs; taking note on the front page of a villain named Raze. He had watched the news on this woman earlier and she seemed like someone that was going to burn in hell or rot away in a mental asylum; preferable an asylum where she would get a taste of his own medicine. He took note of the name of the photographer and smiled a bit; someone a few years younger then him that he had gone to school; it had been forever since he seen little Alison around.

He sighed a bit setting the paper down rubbing his temples a bit taking note of the girl who just got a job here. She looked rather happy to have a job here. His eyes then scanned over Oxana; not checking her out; more or less he had seen her tattoo well some of it and he couldn't recall what the Tattoo meant; knowing each piece of bodily artwork had a story behind it; and he was rather curious. But he had no intention of flat out asking her.

|___________________|

=+= Gary The Creeper Hewitt =+=

Seek Devour

User Image

Creeper watched as she slowly pulled out a camera. He got a little more defensive, a small growl coming from him, but it was a VERY low octave for a voice. Could he talk? His mouth opened slightly, his beastly teeth showing off. What.. do.. you.. wan? he asked slowly. His voice was otherworldly; it sounded like one human male voice and a demons low creepy voice with it, intertwining with each other but very different, almost as if two people were saying one thing. He grunted in pain as the flare got closer to him, the black goop started to retried away from the head, showing bare skin on his arm where the flare was close to, he suddenly ripped a peice of the roof off and threw it at the flare, hitting his target and ending Tge bright heat as his arm returned to its beastly state.

OOC: ))

iihcap
SID MOREAU <~> MARX
User Image

Sid tossed the rag he had used to clean the machines in a small sink full of bleach water then gave a small whistle sound. "Hey, Ruby-O, get over here. I'm going to show you how a latte works," he said crossing his arms waiting for the girl. She seemed to mean well enough, just needed some people in her life to help her grow into something better. "You know anything about coffee at all? I just need to know, because I hate wasting my time and I'm sure you hate wasting yours," he said then looked at his watch. Only another hour to go before it happened.

Last night, Sid had broken into the DMV branch office only a mile away and planted a bomb there. He had taken to planting several bombs all over the city. He had usually set them to explode when no one was around, but this one, it had to be some where with a lot of people. Bureaucracy needed to be destroyed, and no one was going to pay attention if some crappy file cabinets got ruined. He needed to get the right people's attention before moving on further with his plans.

User Image
To hold your body down

Oxana smiled a little then nodded her head at the girl. "I am sorry, I am terrible with names. I will probably ask your name again before the week is out. I think Sid like's you, he's already given you a nickname," she said then walked over to the cd player. She turned the music from the loud brash 80s punk that Sid had been playing to something a bit different. She popped in a cd by Gogol Bordello then hit the play button turning the volume down slightly. Oxana figured she could let Sid handle most of the girl's training.... Ruby's training. Oxana had plans to pass out more during the day. Catching naps at weird times was running her ragged.

She noticed the man's coffee had been finished. She walked up to him and cleared her throat softly. "Excuse me, um, would you like me to refill your coffee for you? I won't charge you for it," she said standing with her hands behind her back. She felt a bit bad interrupting his paper, but she was trying to be a good business owner. "You know, you come here enough, I feel that I should start giving you an employee discount or something." Oxana gave him an embarrassed and nervous laugh as the voice inside her mind was laughing at her. 'You can get the horny man just fine, but you can't even talk to the quiet one! You're pathetic' it cackled in her mind. Oxana tried to ignore it, even though the voice echoed own feelings of inadequacy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items