Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

xxF a r m e r

xx ██ ▌ ████████████████████ ██████████████ ███████ ████ ██████████████
                ≻≻ This is my last c h a n c e at a new life.
                  In Flanders fields the poppies blow ▶ Between the crosses, row on row, ▶
                  That mark our place; and in the sky ▶ The larks, still bravely singing, fly ▶
                  Scarce heard amid the guns below. ▶ We are the Dead. Short days ago. ▶

A small ship bobbed on the waves of the sea, the sun above casting rays of warmth down upon the deck. A young fair looking man stood hanging over the rails of the ship, he took in the deep fresh air of the ocean and looked forward towards the landmass that was slowly growing in size. His aunt had given him the deed to her land as well as some tips and tricks to use when growing crops. It also helped that from time to time when he was younger he would visit her with his family and then later with his uncles family. His soft blue eyes gazed in awe as they neared the port, this was going to be his new home for the time being. He smiled he wasn't sure what his new life would hold but he was kinda exited about taking his first step into it.

The ship slowed as it pulled into the docks, the boat was tied off and the plank lowered. Thaddeus stepped onto the wooden dock's a backpack slung over his shoulder, his aunt had his stuff already shipped to the new house, so he only took in his bag the small things for the trip he needed. The captain of the ship waved as Thaddeus started to walk away, "Thanks for the ride Captain."he said and returned the wave. The Captain laughed, "You ever need a ride or a job just ask boy."he shouted back. Thaddeus chuckled and waved again. The two had got along just great on the ride over and Thaddeus respected the man greatly taking such a small ship and sailing her across the ocean from the mainland to this land.

Thaddeus began to walk around holding a map of the town, it had changed a lot since he was a boy. He thought about it, it could also be that his memory of the place had changed. He sighed and studied the bloody map, "I think if I fallow this road, I should find the Farm next to the clinic."he said looking at the note etched into the map left by his aunt. 'Next to the clinic, small but still produces high quality crops.' Thaddeus shook his head, "Thanks aunt Jane.."he trailed off. "But that doesn't tell me what road to take."He shouted at the map. He stopped and looked around hoping no one noticed him, what fool shouts at a map. He ran a hand threw his blond hair, slightly irritated his blue eyes scanned the map once more before giving up. He just started walking along the road that went through the town, he would eventually run into the clinic or maybe someone who could help him.

▶Location: Walking around town, lost..
▶With:Alone
▶Mood:Feeling out of Place.

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, ◀Loved and were loved, and now we lie ◀
In Flanders fields. ◀ Take up our quarrel with the foe: ◀
To you from failing hands we throw ◀ The torch; be yours to hold it high... ◀

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

xx[ єяyxxxClσvєяxxнαlє ]xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eryx pulled her up once she had grabbed his hand. The young blacksmith shook his head. "It is both our fault." He looked her over, not in a perverted way, but to simply make sure she isn't injured. She looked like she was fine so he decided he should probably take his leave. Maybe later he can stop by to make sure she is fine. For all he knows, she could have an injury he can't see. "Well, I suppose I should be going now," said Eryx. "See ya." He walked away to continue his path to the festival area.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

// Have to go. Didn't want to leave you waiting for me to post. Night all. c: //

Bashful Smoker

3,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Katerina Marie Lockwood

Katerina gave Eryx a small smile before he left. She tried this whole walking approach thing again and successfully stayed clear of hitting things. As she turned a couple of corners, she almost hit nature, trees, plants, rocks. Finally she made it to the beach and slipped her boots off. She left all of her things at the beach bar which was empty since the festival. Her toes buried themselves into the sand as she sighed in relief. She twirled quickly before tripping on her own two feet, this time falling face first into the sand.

After dusting her face off, tears welted in her eyes when she saw the blood on her fingers. She touched her nose to see that's where the blood was comming from. Her heart dropped and she gave a scream. Her head spun and her vision blurred as the red goop made itself known above down her lip.

((In case anyone didn't know, her secret is that she's terrified of blood.))

Shameless Lover

User Image
Ȼнεssεbεℓℓε Aɳtσiɳεttε βℓɑɪɾ

Pσℓɩϲε Wσmɑɳ σf Liℓℓi-Lεɑf Villɑgε

User Image User Image User Image
My Outfit for the Day

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
☽☾ ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ⇩

xxxx Chessebelle smiled into her vanity mirror, sitting in a plush green chair, rubbing her lips together before popping them, making the satisfactory 'pop' noise in the process. The red-head hummed to herself as she rolled her small lipstick tube back down, her work satisfying her requirements obviously. She smiled once more into her mirror before standing up and moving around her chair, carefully pushing it into the desk before skipping towards the oak nightstand by her bed; sunlight streamed in through her windows and illuminated the room naturally, rather than her actual bedroom light. The red-head continued humming an odd tune to herself as she looked at the alarm clock on the stand, tapping the button the second the clock hit seven. She was supposed to be at work an hour ago, but she was doing patrolling today, since her partner was supposed to be at the office. She wasn't positive he was there in the first place, but she shrugged it off anyways. Chessebelle turned on her heel, glancing around her room for a moment before smiling and nodding to herself, walking out of her room briskly, shutting the door behind her. A bark could be heard from downstairs, before nails hitting the wooden stairs, and finally a lage black and brown doberman came running at Chessebelle, jumping on her excitedly. "No, get down, Cocoa~" Chessebelle pouted, pushing the larger dog off of her and double checking her shirt for any dog hairs. Thankfully, there wasn't.

xxxx The red-head started down the stairs, slowly making her way down, careful because of her wedges. Once she made the perilous journey down the stairs with Cocoa at her heels, the red-head moved towards the doorway and opened it, stepping out into the sunlight with half-lidded amber hues. She scanned the neighboring houses before smiling and nodding to herself once again, her eyes immediately moving to Cocoa, who had decided she wanted to roll around like a rabid animal in the grass next to her house. "Cocoa! Come on, in the house!" Chessebelle barked, the doberman looking at her owner with her propped up ears, before a pout seemed to move across her long snout. The charcoal doberman whined as it trotted back to the door and plodded inside, plopping herself down in front of the door and looking up at Chessebelle. The red-head sighed and leaned down, petting the dog's head and scratching her ear, making the dog shake his leg in pleasure. Chessebelle smirked before telling the dog goodbye, closing the door and pulling her keys out of her pocket, locking her door quickly, and whistling as she walked away from her house.

xxxx The red-head stopped whistling, her amber hues searching the streets for anything out of the ordinary, as her job entails. She listened carefully as well, but mostly just used her eyes to search for unusual things. Chessebelle continued to walk through the streets, until she came upon the town square, noticing the Mayor with her festival decorations as well as a man with some of the festival decorations as well. The red-head smiled and shook her head softly, chuckling to herself, before walking through Town Square, not even bothering to take a glance at the Police Station. It wasn't her turn today, so she wasn't about to go looking for her partner. The red-head continued on and left Town Square, walking along another one of the roads through the town, looking around aimlessly.

⇧ ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦ ☽☾
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
User Image

Cecelia Lynn Grim-rose

Shortly after Cecelia had gotten home and freshened up a bit, it was time to go to the Town Square, yet again. She grabbed her purse, stuffed her house keys and cell phone into it, then left the house in a hurry. She heard an omnious scream in the distance that seemed to echo faintly in her ears, she continued towards the Town Square, she simply thought it was the scream of someone enjoying themself, which gave her a sense of satisfaction.She was excited to see the smiles on everyones faces at the Festivities. As she walked into the Town Square, she greeted everybody she passed, shaking their hands and making her way to where the podium was so at 10, she would be able to make her quick announcement.

((Goodnight All ^^.))
User Image

Varric watched as Cecelia made her way to the podium, he clapped with everyone as they greeted her to her stage. Varric was making quick checks with what he could see from where he was at to make sure that the stage didnt have any faulty lumber, it was an old thing that had been used for a long time, he didn't wan't to see his new mayor get hurt.

After looking over everything he possibly could, he was satisfied to see that everything was in order and the festival could continue without any problems.

Timid Raider

User Image

[This] is my home and library

User Image
User Image

Gwen shuffled aimlessly along the streets, no particular idea as of where she was going, at least it was like this until she reached the town square. The Mayor was there, as was the carpenter, she had to remember to talk to him about looking at a few of her bookshelves, they were starting to look fragile and she would need to see about getting them replaced. She tsked lightly it would be quite some trouble to deal with all of that, lugging those books down, finding a place for them, and waiting for the new shelves. She sighed and shook her head, her short red hair ruffling about her head before settling back into it's place about her head in it's usually look. She looked around a moment, and blinked. Was something happening today? What? Her memory was so bad, and her head was feeling a bit fuzzy, now that she thought about it, her head hurt a little, vision was a little fuzzy too, huh. She raised a hand and laced it over one eye, then the other. yup, vision was definitely swimming a little.

As she checked her vision she noticed the items the mayor had, they looked like festival items. Why would there be festival items? were they tearing down from a festival or putting up? Goddess! what day was this?! She groaned and shuffled to a bench where she fell back into it in a very unceremonious manner and placed an arm over her eyes, that head ache was starting to grow. Did she have a hangover? It sure felt like one, and she knew what they felt like. Guess that meant they were tearing down the festival, shame, she liked festivals, even if she's bad at.. well, not drinking a lot. She grumbled and shoved herself back onto her feet and shuffled back to her home, she needed her hangover medicine.. and to look at her calender, she really needed to start remembering that thing. Shoving her way into her home and dragging herself up the stairs and into her apartment above the library. She swiftly swiped up a bottle of pills on her kitchen counter and popped two before looking over to the calender, and staring a moment. Her green eyes widened and she leaned closer. By the goddess, it was new years. No wonder she felt like she had a hangover! New years eve, her worst festival for drinking, now it all made sense. She shook her head and laughed lightly, she would usually change, but she didn't quite feel like it. So, she left her home once more and returned to the square where the festival was underway. She joined the crowd and watched the mayor.

User Image
User Image

Varric decided that his formalities were no longer needed at the square, he shouldn't be among all the people after all the hardwork he had finished for them, he was afraid his sweat made him smell, though he couldn't smell anything, he wasn't taking chances.

Varric wen't past the crowd to grab his cart full of his tools, he began to pull it through the crowd, trying to make his way back to his workshop to finish his work so he could take a refreshing shower. Varric smiled to himself at the thought, closing his eyes just imagining it.

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

xxF a r m e r

A bird chirped a distracting tune and Thaddeus had paused along the road to look at it, he smiled. One forgets how lovely nature is when you spend your days in a large city, you generally can't hear birds over the bustle of the streets. He watched in awe of the creature, something about this town made him feel like he was in a magical place. He had felt it the second he stepped ashore, the air the ground everything had this odd feeling about it. Almost as if the taint of the mainland hadn't touched this place and most likely would never. A soft smile spread across his lips, he was so far pleased with this town.

The bird finished its rendition and flapped its wings and fluttered away. With that Thaddeus readjusted his pack and turned to continue down the street. He took a step then lowered his head, "I'm still lost."he said a sigh escaped his lips. His eyes darted around, he noticed something else since landing. The people of the town couldn't be spotted anywhere. 'Where the hell are the'he wondered. If he could find one person he would be fine, but as it was he was alone. Was this place some ghost town?

As he walked he noticed a group of people ahead of him, he neared them and entered the town square. He noticed things going up and something about 'New Years Festival'. He glanced around at the crowd and felt really out of place, this was some local thing. He remembered from visits when he was a child this place had many such events but, he truly felt lost now. He looked around wanting to ask someone something but, he couldn't bring himself to interrupt what was going on. "Excuse me, I need some help."he said in a soft voice but was ignored by the people gathered...

((Don't know who I can talk to, sorry. Anyone wanna help poor Thaddeus?))

▶Location: Town Square
▶With:With a group yet still alone.
▶Mood:Feeling out of Place.

((@ 2dark4you: Anyone and everyone, we RP to interact with eachother, dont be shy, i doubt a whole crowd could hear someone who talks softly anyhow.))

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
((True, but I am the 'new guy' so to speak so he would speak softly if he is feeling out of place. But if you wish me to shout I can edit my post and make a scene.))
((Lol no, your character is who he is, let him stay that way, just pretend you see someone who you recognize, though you dont know them very well, at least theres some comfort in recognizing them. do as you will, you could even pretend youve seen my guy before, hes lived here all his life.))

Timid Raider

User Image

User Image
User Image

Gwendlyn stood among the small crowd, Aka all the residence of this little beach side town. She raised a small hand to her mouth and yawned again, why was this Festival so early? it was just weird, but granted, it wasn't so grand as new years eve, which lasted well past midnight, again, raising the question as to why this festival was so early, some of the residences were trying to sleep off a hangover. Gwen sighed and played with her short red hair absently, the Mayor was clearly new to this whole, organization thing, but she would hopefully realise this little scheduling error of her own accord, either that or there would be fewer people gathered for this festival, and by fewer people, she meant herself, which in a small town could mean quiet a bit. She laughed lightly at her own silly thoughts, but shook her head lightly, oh dear, she was loopy from lack of sleep. She turned on her heeled boots to head home and perhaps collapse in her bed, not like it'd be noticed, or surprising, in all honesty. What was surprising was turning around and finding a new face trying to alt to people in the rowdy crowd with a quiet voice.

She shook her head and walked a few paces to his back, placing her fists on the curves of her hips and her head cocked slightly to the side as she took a moment to watch him whisper about the group in a sad attempt to get their attention. "Laddie, you're speaking to quietly, ya gotta use the set o' lungs you were given" She smiled, her accent light but seeming to have permanently changed her pronunciation of words. "No, I donna ken havin' seen you about before, you here for a visit? Friends? Family? Well, you're bound ta find 'em here" She noted lightly, hangover or not, she would still be nice to people, stranger or not it as simply the polite thing to do, that and she might be a tad bit delirious from her lack of sleep, which is probably why her accent was slipping free at this moment, usually that only happened when she drank... which happened a lot. She frowned as she took in his features, there was always the possibility that she did know him and had mistaken him for a stranger, making herself look like the drunken fool she usually was. She winced internally at that thought, okay, she had a drinking problem, she'd deal with that later, for now, her attention was on this possible stranger before her.

(here, let me help xP I hope this post is better then my last)

User Image

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

xxF a r m e r

His attempt at making contact with the insufferable crowd failed, why would they not be alerted to him. He figured it was because he hadn't spoken up but he never really did well with new people and he was alone with no one who he recognized. It had been years, the last time he was on this Island was just after his parents death, he came with his uncles family to visit his aunt. The family thought the island would help the young boy take his mind off the loss, but the wonders of this place didn't help a teenager much. With some time, he was now able to be a little more free about himself but still that pain and memories were a soft spot for him.

Whatever was going on, it seemed to be important. He recalled a summer festival being fun,so he could only assume that this town held many fun things year round. He smiled, no wonder his aunt loved this place so much. He hoped that he could make friends and find a new life here for the time being. His past haunted him but like his uncle had said, 'Leave the past in the past, look only to the future.'

A voice caught him off guard and a woman strutted over to him, she looked to be a little older then himself. Her hair and the way she carried herself told him she was more of a free spirit and comfortable with her sex. Her words came out slightly different then he was expecting, he couldn't help but think she might be slightly intoxicated. She finished and Thaddeus smiled weakly, "Yes, well I am sorta lost."he paused thinking of how to explain his situation. "Well I just arrived from the mainland, the capitol to be exact. I am here to take over my aunts farm, she decided to retire and explore the world."he removed the towns map that lacked markers. "I'm looking for the clinic my farm is besides it."he said moving along side her and showing her the map. "I'm not very sure of landmarks it has been a good time since last I came. I'm Thaddeus Lake I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself."he said. He looked at her hoping she wouldn't think him a fool.

((Don't worry about your post's they are fine, I don't think anyone should worry. Takes the fun out of storytelling))

▶Location: Town Square
▶With:Unknown but beautiful Redhead
▶Mood:Overwhelmed

Timid Raider

User Image

User Image
User Image

Gwendlyn watched the stranger curiously, the way he held himself was enough to tell her he was not used to the island, he was hesitant and seemed quite shy, how adorable, these younger boys seemed to be so shy, it was really quite cute, and had she had a few to drink she would have probably bugged the hell out of him. For now, she'd be nice to the poor fellow. He spoke again, still a little timid but she could at least hear him through the crowd. She raised a hand and brushed her short red hair behind her ear as if that would help her hear him better, which, for all she knew, would help at least a little bit. He was lost, apparently, Gwen couldn't help but blink her green eyes in surprise, it was possible to get lost in this tiny place? She raised a hand to her lips to hide a small snicker but listened to him all the same, nodding her head slightly now and then as he spoke of only just arriving, how odd to arrive on new years, but, new year, new start, she wasn't one to judge on the matter. When he spoke of his Aunt retiring and that he'd be taking over the farm, she blinked in surprise and looked from the map he had pulled out to him. "Oh, you're the lass' nephew!" She exclaimed as the pieces began to fall in place and make sense, at least slightly so.

She nodded slightly, more to herself. "Aye, I remember her, she often stops by my library, such a reader, that ol' lass" She noted with a smile before turning back to the map for a moment as he explained in further detail where it was he was going, she knew where it was and proceeded to point it out. " This is where ya want ta go, laddie, just follow the road, this way and you'll come across the building with the Clinic sign out front, I'm sure ya got it from there, aye?" She asked before realising she too had yet to introduce herself. "Names Gwendlyn O'Briann, I'm the local librarian" She introduced herself with a light bow of her head, her hair slipping free from her ear in the motion. "But might I suggest ya stick around? Just for a wee bit, tis new years and wouldn't hurt ta introduce ya to some of the local folk, if ya don't mind?" She asked. hoping she wasn't being to intrusive, but it wasn't every day a new settler came to their little village to stay, on a Festival day, no less.

(My post just seems a bit all over the place, it's late and distracted slightly by tv xD)

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces