Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Essex Junction Police Department a.k.a. "The BluBombers"

The drive towards the club was an awkward one for Theodore. He felt as if he was the only one scared about this scenario, this situation. His comrades were talking about nothing, John was focused on what was forward, literally and figuratively. The Assistant was the only one that looked nervous, clenching on to his rifle like a security blanket, trying to undermine the storm they were driving towards. His feelings were in conflict, Theo wanted to be like what the job description said: a person with little to no fear on getting the job done. However, he's been with John most of his career in Essex, and by proxy, Daniel. The squad might've felt sure of themselves with these massive shells they were lugging about, but Theo felt like he knew better. He knew that these would only give them more time and not invulnerability.

His unease wasn't only felt by him, the Commander also realized that Theodore was still feeling off. John didn't need this, this was not going to go smoothly if there was one person unsure of how to react. Even if it was the Lieutenant. But, John knew that yelling at the guy wouldn't solve anything, it was only one guy and it was his second in command. Maybe a pep talk would do well. While still looking at the road, John would say, “Theo.”

The Assistant was startled, but he diverted his eyes to his boss. The silence they shared showed enough of his resolve.

John had to break it. “Listen. Daniel...is human. Just like you and me. He's not some monster, don't give him that much credit.”

That was easier said than done. They were talking about the guy whose office is a jail cell. After hearing the screams from his fellow men, and “rumors” of the cases that the Lieu's dealt with, Daniel's reputation was larger than him. A mixture of propaganda with hard coded evidence. But, at the very least, this was the first step. It's like someone imagining the boogeyman under the bed. Theo would have to face the creature where he was, only to figure out that all those thoughts were only a figment of his imagination.

But another question would arise, not for his case, but for the one that was driving this vehicle. “But, what about you, sir? You might have to kill him.”

John thought about the conflict immediately. First, his job did say deadly force would be necessary if fired upon and Daniel acquired a small arsenal just for one woman. Plus, he obviously couldn't speak for the squadron who was sick and tired of the Lieu's crap so he would be outnumbered in the majority vote. However, slaying his brother was not an option. As the Commander, he had the last word, and everyone would have to go through him to do otherwise. It wasn't the first time John had to drag Daniel's a** back to the station, he would just have to do it again.

“The right precautions will be used for the job, Theodore. Just focus on what you have to do.”

The outside of the club was lively. People were hovering around food trucks, chatting it up with whomever about whatever. It was a typical socializing activity, these guys weren't used to seeing anything too troublesome. So imagine the look of their face when they saw a train of armored vans and trucks slowing to a halt in front of the club.

One by one, the vehicles opened up and cops would roll out of each one. John was one of the last to make himself outside. The look was shocking to say the least. The crew was nearly in a phalanx without any possible threat. Well, besides ironic hipster beards, but that was an epidemic for another day. But it was a sight that made some clear out. No one wanted to be near some random cop attack. John knew this had to be handled as delicately as possible. It was time to go with the diplomatic approach.

Pull out the megahorn. “Daniel Claud Hughes. Come out with your hands up.”

Textbook.

With: Theodore
Feeling: We need to be tactful.

Kanshisha Enzeru

Powerful Enchantress

User Image

X X X X| D A N I E LX X C L A U DX X H U G H E S |X X X X
| Location | Cascade
| With | Soup - Axel - John(outside)
| (O)ut(O)f(C)hances | Sorry about the last portion of my post. It got really late and my brain was failing my. DX

Everything that happened after the Lieutenant's muttering happened quickly, going from bad to worse for Daniel like the cascade of tumbling water that forms a waterfall. In this he could neither stop it, nor prevent it. For him, it was going to happen one way or another and without his permission. One thing could be said for him however, that no matter how Soup escaped, he will have make enemies with Daniel until either of them goes to the grave. It was a rather unfortunate bond that Reem already possessed. The only plus in this series of events was that both Soup and Reem both had something in common now.
    It all started just before Soup's escape. Arriving from the fog of bodies that constantly flows in clubs like this, came Alex Zarkozi. Coming forward with gusto in each step, he confronted the deadly cop with an apparent lack of wits do the influence of drugs and alcohol pumping through his veins. The effect of these two unhealthy components could be seen through body language and vocalization, an obvious difference in normal behavior not missed by Daniel. As usual, the drugs and alcohol completely numbed the true gravity of the situation, creating a counterproductive mass determined to fulfill it's original goal: rescuing his friend.
    With Axel's thinking stupefied by drugs and alcohol, it left Soup as the only sane individual aware of the threat not only to himself but for his friend as well. Faced with sudden responsibility and a escape plan in mind, Soup made his move. Using the music to his advantage, Soup suddenly rolled off the gun at his side, grabbed Axel, and made a break for the back door. In an instant he was swallow by the crowd, and then by a bigger problem. His JumpBoard was on the booth on an upper floor. Getting there ran the risk of running into Daniel, a perilous endeavour, but no where near as perilous as what he intended to do to buy some time to get there.
    For Daniel, Soup's escape had been a sudden act he had not expected, and thus took him completely by surprise. This surprise enabled the release of a once mighty grip, getting rid of one of two problems that held him, Daniel's grip and Daniel's gun. And while both are equally troublesome, Soup solved both simultaneously by rolling away from his captor. All Daniel could do was try and catch him, but that proved to be impossible, both the crowd and Soup's speed were working against him.
    For anybody in his shoes, the situation would have angered anyone, and Daniel is no exception. Fury, which was already boiling high, hit through the roof as he tried to catch his would-be prisoner in the crowd, only to fail. His gun was his angers only release, but he couldn't use it, and besides, he'd rather snap Soup's neck with his bare hands anyway. Slipping the gun in his already tight pants, unnoticed by the pack of bodies around him, he raced after his only lead to Reem. Unfortunately for Soup, Daniel's mind is not without it's intelligence, however, for Daniel was already debating Soup's worth at this point. A great many factors played a larger role into this situation, and Reem was still drifting farther and farther away. Did he go after Soup, or Reem, he now asked himself.
    Before Daniel could get his thoughts sorted appropriately, Soup reappeared, and this time, up close. It was only due to the thick crowd around them that he managed to get so close, and at first, Daniel thought it was a good thing. This kid has no weapons, he thought, and I'm a cop. As a cop I'm suppose to know how to fight, so this kid knows nothing. These thoughts left his mind the instant Soup crouched, his groping hands grasping the rim of his tight pants. Daniel knew there was nothing homosexual about this action, and almost wished that it was something as simple as that. But alas, it was not meant to be. In the next split second, Soup gave a horrendous jerk upwards and ran.
    The piercing agony which he experience in that moment afterwards was horrible. It felt like someone wrapped his testicles in plastic wrap as tight as it would go and then squeezed it tighter. It short, it felt like someone tried to pop his balls, a result that caused Daniel to instantly go cross-eyed and hit his knees, clutching his crotch in pain. If Soup's escape didn't tip him over the edge, this certainly did. Although it would be an overstatement to say Daniel was foaming at the mouth, it wouldn't be to say his anger was that high. Almost before he registered thought, he had retrieved his gun from between his butt cheeks, aimed it, and fired it towards Soup. Miraculously, the pumped, the blaring music droned out at lot of the gun fire. Struggling to get up, Daniel would have fired more bullets at the fleeting back, but a voice made loud through a megaphone came echoing through the club. It was John's voice.
    One problem after another, he thought, feeling as though some god-like being from above was laughing at him. The only thing that made him feel better was that he had bother to think ahead with a decoy. And sure enough, looking at the bathrooms, he saw his decoy emerge and scurry towards the back door to get the attention of the cops and promptly run away. Before his decoy could get too far, Daniel ran to one of the nearby walls and pulled a FIRE ALARM. The building was instantly filled with a loud alarm, catching the attention of everyone in the place. This occurred just before the Daniel Decoy made his way outside.
    This had two effects: it would hopefully lead John and the cops to believe Daniel himself pulled the alarm to cover his escape; an escape they would see out the back door(which is truly the decoy). This would cover the escape of the real Lieutenant, hidden among the citizens filing outside because of the alarm. This also allowed Daniel to hunt down Soup who could be one of the customers filing outside. If he wasn't, then that just meant that he ran out the back door or stayed inside, not that it matter. He needed Reem, and his guns.
    Everything happened the way he expected it to happen. Every citizen filed out the front door because of the fire alarm while the Daniel Decoy left out the back to be spotted escaping by a cop who was then rather proud of himself.

User Image
BlackWind1.1
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
William Rockwell @willrockwell
The Creator of Jumpboards | CEO & President of Rockwell Industries

As they took their friendly stroll, William started to really appreciate the calm of the night. Most of his day was filled with noise from all angles, fulfilling a rush throughout most of his time. Though it was great to experience such a high, at the very least, the trip back down was soothing. Therapeutic even, now the day was filled with memories that could last for ages. One could feel sorry for poor Purrs, she would probably hear most of what happened at the tournament strictly because of his speech.

On occasion, he would ramble. “...The amount of speed the Users were able to pick up with stock boards were truly fascinating. I wondered what kind of settings did they calibrate to gain that while maintaining balance...” It was an exciting field for Rockwell, seeing people make his product into something more. He had to admit that, he wasn't against the open source like nature of the Circuit, but only the evils that some chose to practice. The fact that these kids could still get so much out of a regular board was remarkable to say the least. “...I still think that those Latch clamps are a bit too reckless. Imagine what would happen to those that did not have that much air time that used those. Even Zarkozi didn't use one but performed one of those, Matchless tricks? I believe that's what they're called...”

His mouth would have a chance to calm down as soon as they reached a small coffee shop. It was a small local business but they offered an assortment of nice roasts. William would enter with Purrs and wait for her to deliver the brew to him. For now he was in a bit of a health kick, his coffee had a mix of coconut oil and unsalted grass fed butter. He could need that energy for most of the night. Jet lag be damned. Even while sipping coffee at night, the obvious energy of the town was still palpable. Most were getting their last words in on the competition while some people were chatting about something happening at Cascade? Something about cops or something to that effect. That was the most interesting topic amongst all the general chatter, but Rockwell had to leave it alone. It wasn't any of his business tonight, but apparently he was still notable in some of the public's eye.

Usually, this would bother him a little bit. Rockwell liked being with people to a point, but he would rather stay at home to build, to create. Not only that, but the celebrity angle got old when he tried to simply live his life. What was worse was that people were pointing both Will and Purrs out, like they were a couple or something. He could not understand the murmurs throughout, but the gestures and body language translated their thoughts clearly.

This was getting a bit sketchy, William was not feeling this. Thank God they left to continue their walk. Purrs' suggestion for a cab was acknowledged with the sight of his hand tapping his chin. It would be nice, hop on a taxi and just speed towards their location. However, the walk, when not surrounded by groupies, was actually healing to him. It was a nice trip that cleared his mind of all of the garbage in his subconscious. So, he would answer, “No, I think I'm fine right now.”

The exchange of rambling and silences must have been an awkward social shuffle. However, the shuffle was getting some better footing, as Rockwell relaxed, he was becoming more of what would people call a normal person. He realized that he was the only person really talking at this point, and though he wasn't sure if Purrs would have anything of interest, society says to reciprocate conversation. He would do just that.

William observed Purrs' board while asking, “So how was your day? Made any modifications for your board lately?”

With: Purrs
Feeling: Oh no, fans.

Sterling Dragoness

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
User Image
User Image
tab Vince chuckled to himself after he heard Reem’s response. Junkyard? Yeah, right. Nodding his head to the side, he opened his mouth to say something before noticing her face. She wasn’t grinning. She was…serious? Vince pressed down onto his breaks as the car slowed down to a stop sign. Tilting his head, the man leaned towards the steering wheel as he tried to get a look at the girl’s face. ”The junkyard? You live at the dump?”

tab She heard his chuckle and she looked at him with a straight face. His mouth opened to say something, but nothing came out as he glanced at her. She looked back out the window, mildly annoyed. She felt her body pull forward with inertia as Vince slowed down to a stop to ask her if she was serious or not. Reem winced. "Well, I dun have t' pay rent, n' th' salvage's pr'tty good." She said with feigned calmness before turning to meet his gaze and continuing "O' course... you'd neva haveta worry 'bout dat, would ya, rich boy?"

tab Vince just grimaced as he sat back into his seat before speeding the car back up. He just bit his tongue as he furrowed his eyebrows. ”No, I guess I wouldn’t.” Vince just placed a hand over his mouth as he went into thought. Sometimes it's easy to forget that you weren't always the richest of kids on the playground. His family never really had that much to begin with. If it wasn’t for those kids of his father’s friends, he probably wouldn’t have that many clothes to wear. With that thought, Vincent doesn’t even remember how much a carton of milk costs anymore; which is surprising seeing how cereal and milk was what he usually had breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

”…Sorry.” Reem spoke with a small sigh as she glanced over at him, slightly regretting that last line of hers. ”But yer... women back there,” she started slowly, not too sure how to phrase it. “ya honestly surround yerself wit.. brainless tits like them? Doncha get tired o' th' gossip n' pointless celebrity talk?" Frankly, Reem didn't have too many female friends, partially because she didn't care about shoes or gossip, but also because she was far too strong of a personality for the more level headed girls to want to deal with. Not that it bothered her... not really.

”It’s uh… it’s cool.” With a small grunt, he turned onto Highway 400 and picked up speed as they drove on the empty road. ”As for the brainless tits…Will is nice-shaven, mild-mannered, square, family-oriented kind of guy. Um, Rockwell is. Echelon is supposed to be cutting edge, stylish...gaudy-somewhat. I admit it. We are the rock stars of JB manufacturing, so eh. But hey, those who have those reflex glides. They like us. It’s just a part of the job, really.”

“... I was talking 'bout th' women.”

"I called them accessories, right."

Where: Highway 400
With: Reem and the ears and eyes of the Hawk
Thoughts: Feel like s**t.
OOC: All the back and forths. All of them.
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker

Astounding Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
BlackWind1.1

User Image
The Assistant: Persephone
Nickname: Purrs

"Not anything I had planned on telling you about, at least not yet anyway," she said shooting some pedestrians dirty looks as the got a little too close scaring them off from Will. Persephone could look pretty intimidating for someone so small. Perhaps it was the red mane that accompanied her head, but regardless she fended off the public quite well.

In particular she wasn't really focused on anything other than the people and the cars going around her as she sipped her hot chocolate. She would never be caught dead drinking coffee, in fact she hated the stuff. Surprisingly it seemed the more she began to get stuck in her own head the faster the walk seemed to be going. Purrs always seemed to be getting herself lost in thought lately as she thought about all that Will had said. Her attention span barely maneuvered her from outright crashing into people as she thought. She sorely wanted to tell Will of this new project she had been working on, but she wasn't quite sure if Will would like it or not, and she knew how he felt about anything that could be used by criminals.

So far her camouflage tech had been a success but she wouldn't say it was something she was ready and willing to give out to the public yet. For now all her info and blue print would stay on her little house boat keeping the company of her old tom cat.

"Honestly, I love what people have been doing with the boards. I've even based some of my technological ideas around what other people have been doing with their's. I'm not much of a speedster, but I understand for competitive sports its useful. You know I'm more of a neutral entity in these sorts of things. Not quite competitive, but a challenge for others to say the least," She told Will after a while of thought. She hoped her answer didn't seem random after taking so long to reply to his original spout of conversation. "Other than all that jazz I'm pretty okay. A bit flustered by all the press but I'll live."

There was so much more she wanted to tell Will. She always felt she couldn't say enough to him, or properly express her feelings to him. Purrs wasn't even sure she knew how she felt herself, or if it was even worth telling Will her feelings. He most likely didn't feel the same anyways, and she knew that if he knew the truth about her, and her board, and some of the technology she was using and making, he might not like her anymore. It was one of the inner conflicts Purrs dealt with daily... Not sharing things with Will when she really wanted to.

With: Will
Feeling: Lost in more ways than one.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The ambient silence was a bit more awkward than expected. Besides the random insult tossed their way. Murmurs were tossed in the air but other than that, the random scene would've made people passing by either arch their eyebrows or at the very least run away. John on the other hand, had some time with such strange experience. The best advice he learned about this was to simply go on with the job. This didn't need much thought, but he had to admit that he was a bit confused about what to say. He would place the loudspeaker to his face before saying, “Daniel Claud Hughes. We know you are inside this establishment. Come out with your hands up. This is your final warning.”

Still nothing. To be honest, John did not want to move into some snooty club to capture this guy. Too many people and too much collateral. If Daniel was as strapped as everyone said, then there would be casualties throughout all of 34th. One was too much in the Commander's eyes and he knew his brother. Too reckless. Too apathetic. If someone could at least lure him out, then that would be perfect. At least a plan was set.

“Theo.”

The Assistant in the front line nearly jumped at the sound of his name. Theodore was shaking like the weak link of the chain that he was, but he had enough resolve to respond. “Y-yes sir?”

John, still looking forward, tilted his head towards him while stating, “Move at the back. Go inside and neutralize him.””

Theodore actually jumped at the suggestion. “Wait. You want me to-”

“This is no time to argue, go in there and arrest him.” John interrupted. Theodore might not have the most intimidating aura around him. Even with the armor donned on him, but that was the point. He had the gear that club goers would be smart enough to clear out, but Daniel would hopefully ignore. It was a risk, but when was being a cop not one? Theodore was smart enough to know his role, so he would nod before peeling away from the phalanx. As he parted, the cap he left was quickly replaced by another officer from behind. The point of no return. Theodore was still a bit shaken, but looking at the crowd through his visor reminded him to at least look strong. Cops were resilient beings, so he could at least fake it 'til he made it. His stride was much more confident but his grip to his rifle was stronger than ever as he ran towards the back of the club.

At first, there were a couple of unremakables there. A couple making out on one side, a cook from the club tossing out some junk on another. Maybe a junkie here and there, but no big fish. Some gave him some strange looks, but they were lucky. They weren't on the menu tonight, just this one guy in a trenchcoat and a perverted grin on his face when faced with.... No, no shuddering! Just, just focus at the task at hand. Maybe he was too young for this s**t. Look at the bright side, there's always one, right? Maybe Daniel would be too surprised to do anything. Maybe he could catch him and save the day. Then he can take off this heavy armor around him. Yeah.....yeah, there could be a silver lining in all of this. Theodore would just have to play it cool, stick to procedure and-what the hell is this trenchcoat doing outside?!

The lighting around, wasn't that great, but he knew that outfit anywhere. They locked eyes for a moment, both of them knew of each other's existence, and for Theo, the second felt like an eternity. He knew that he had to fight and now would be the time to do it. But, as Theodore was preparing himself to get into that mindset, something odd happened. “Daniel” ran away. The action left the Assistant dumbfounded. This was the same guy that choked out a fellow officer for some guns? Maybe the Lieu caught wind of the amount of manpower out front, but still, he was escaping! This was Theo's shot, he had to make this count. “Wait, stop!”

A couple of moments before the decoy ran out, down by the front John was waiting for any sort of word from Theodore, but no luck. At this rate, they would have to go through the standard of evacuating the club for an investigation. Wasting time while trying to reveal everything with a small brush. What would happen then, all occurred in a flash. An alarm roared out of the club, which caused a flurry of party rockers, guests, and casual onlookers to rush out of the scene. The police squadron braced for impact, but so far this was all pedestrians. No Users, Thankfully no weapons would have to used.

John still had to maintain order, so he would have actually yell into the loudspeaker. “People! Please exit in a single file! We need to make this evacuation as orderly as possible!”

Nope, no one was having it. It was time for John to setup his team to herd this crowd, but as he was going to do that, a hopeful message came out of his intercom. “Sir!” It was Theodore. “I got him! He's a wily one but I got him!”

John let out a sigh of relief, all things considered, this was rather smooth. “Good, bring him to us. I'm sending some officers your way.” Daniel's brother would've smiled but if anything, this was simply an annoying practice. It was just another time of sibling dragging the other sibling back home. Just one of those days. John looked at the one group on his left and sent them towards Theodore, the more manpower, the better.

Just as the Commander was going to proceed with the evacuation plan, there was something that was rumbling inside. It wasn't the bass filled music in the club either. Remember when the mentioned Takeover was happening? Some of those people were Users, actually a lot were. They decided to leave in their own expedited fashion, and like a swarm of bees, all of them flew out of the door. Much to the dismay of the land walkers pushed aside. Their patterns were sporadic. They wanted to be high enough to hop over the clumps of law enforcement and they all went their separate ways. They weren't going home, but they were getting the hell out of here. The amount of hums suffocating the ambience was similar to that of bees, and this encouraged the lawful to commence with swatting. Time to activate some jammers.

Luckily, Soup made his way out long before this happened. Though, he was growing frustrated at the lack of response from Reem. She could've been anywhere. “s**t...” The DJ spat as he parted from the crowd of the club. One interesting sight around him was some street lights changing into multiple colors. He remembered this a couple of times, it was the speed limiters/jammers of the Curfew activating from below. He also knew that they took a while, and if Reem was with that rich guy, she would take a car right? Needless to say, he needed to find her, and the best bet would probably be at her home. Would she be dropped off somewhere else so she could ride herself to the RV lab? It sounded pretty smart, and it would be away from all his Spark technology. Let's try St. Lauren. But not before one more text for Reem.

Msg: Where...are...you?!

With: Georgie, Axel via text, Daniel, the Daniel Decoy.
Feeling: Where is this guy?

Seraphiel The Forgiving
Snuggle Munstur
PoppiHolla
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker
dunce007
RoboFunk
Vruez
Kanshisha Enzeru
Neotepid

Learned Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Reeм "Magneт" Redcloυd Aнoтe

—(••÷[ вeѕт noт тo geт тoo aттacнed ]÷••)—

User Image

So many have paid to see
What you think You're gettin' for free
The woman is wild
A she-cat tamed By the purr of a Jaguar
Money's the matter
If you're in it for love You ain't gonna get too far

”As for the brainless tits…Will is nice-shaven, mild-mannered, square, family-oriented kind of guy. Um, Rockwell is. Echelon is supposed to be cutting edge, stylish...gaudy-somewhat. I admit it. We are the rock stars of JB manufacturing, so eh. But hey, those who have those reflex glides. They like us. It’s just a part of the job, really.”

“... I was talking 'bout th' women.”

"I called them accessories, right."

Reem let out an irritated sigh and looked away from him. She was sure he was just avoiding the question. Even if they were just accessories to him, having such unintelligent broads around you was like wearing costume jewelry. Of course, they were easier to manipulate and control. Money was their language, and Vince was fluent. Why did she even care what girls he hung out with? Well, that was obvious; she didn't care for that type of girl. Honestly, there was a mild hatred for that type of woman and she was completely baffled that Vince could handle their presence without their mouths taped shut. And... what the hell did the rival jumpboard industries have to do with his 'accessories'? How did he get that out of 'brainless tits'? It was ovbious what she was talking about, wasn't it? Maybe it was just because she was the one who said it...?

She leaned against the door. After all that had happened tonight, after this man used those same women to possibly save her life, all she could do was criticize the fact that they were there to begin with? Why? It also might have been a slight amount of jealousy. Some of those girls were absolutely gorgeous, and she felt it was undeserved.

Silence just builds up inside of the car. It felt hollow in that sedan. The music playing on the radio just seemed like it was from a different place. The darkness of the night, the light of the stars, the purring of the engine, and the vast emptiness of the road; it was so alien at that very moment of time. Reem could hear Vince shuffling as he let out a sigh. A sigh…That’s all he does: sigh. Reem’s ears perked as she heard the man clear his throat, breaking the silence. Couldn’t he just let things remain quiet? Too much has happened in such a short period of time. She, she just needed some time to think, but…

"Well, uh...if it makes you feel better, you're the first who ever stepped foot in this car." Reem's thoughts were cut off short at that remark and she looked at his reflection in the window. "So...that's something, right? Heh..."

Reem furrowed her brows and looked at him with a puzzled expression. So he did know what she was talking about before. But, then why did he say that crap about Echelon and Rockwell industries...? Trying to piece together what he was saying Reem blinked and looked to her feet for a moment before sighing and leaning down to her meet her right hand, which was propped up on her leg, to trace her hairline across her forehead in a defeated gesture. Jeez, now she wouldn't stop sighing. Just what was going on in this car?

"...I jus' can't read you."

"And that's just the way I like it."

Reem stared at him, almost insulted by the strength of his mental barrier and groaned irritably, resting her real arm heavily against the window ledge and propping up her head in her hand. Maybe he was just babbling off nonsense, or maybe he was trying to make himself feel less awkward by reverting back to his previous personality. It was frustrating, to be completely honest, not that she could honestly say she was much better, and that fact made her wonder how much of herself was an act.

"Yer jus' like me..."
"Hmm?" His response startled her a bit. Apparently, he had muttered it out loud. "Uh... It's... Nevamin'. It's nothin'."

As if to cover her tracks (distract him maybe) Reem stretched and adjusted her shirt, making sure to show off cleavage. It was the only form of mind erasing she knew. Maybe it would work on him...?

What the hell was she getting into with this guy...?

She looked back out the window, watching Vince's response in the window's reflection, suddenly something else caught her attention. As if in response to her question, two tiny, bright lights shone on the side of the road a little ways ahead. Reem lifted her head slightly, eyes widening. Those looked like... As they approached the points of light, she could see a majestic form materialize in the glow of the headlights. It was a young buck standing alert, but calmly on the shoulder of the road. Even when they sped past the deer, it didn't seem to move an inch, save for it's head, which followed the path of the vehicle until it was out of sight. This definately struck Reem as odd, but she felt it was a message.

She was no stranger to animal messengers, being raised by Navajo. A deer is about learning, changing scenery, and adventure, so perhaps Deer was telling her that she's not done with him just yet, and that things are going to get interesting. Something is going to happen involving this guy, and it will be something she might be able to learn from.

A small signal notified her that she had recieved a different kind of message. She came out of her rested position against the window, and, pulling her phone out of her forearm compartment, she checked it. Two new messages? Both from Soup?

To: Soup
    Message: Hey! Sorry i missed your first text! I'm in a car on my way home, i think. Did you get out safely...?

-Magnet <3

She put her phone away and glanced back at him.

User Image

My Getup: Body type, Club outfit, and a large dreamcatcher tattoo on her back.
What's going on in my head: ... too much thoughts to convey
Where I am: Cascade on 34th st
Folks around me: Vince
Current theme:Stupid Girls

BlackWind1.1
emotion_c8
Neotepid
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
User Image
User Image
Great now she’s pissed with you. That’s the last damned thing you want. Vincent’s mind began rambling as his eyes stayed focused on the road. She scowled at him, and, if the truth be told, it kind of hurts. Didn’t help that he just shut her down. The girl went through a life-threatening moment, and he up and made her uncomfortable as ********. Just… It was a damned shame. He’s been around a lot of girls, he knows how to talk to them, right? It’s not like this one is any different…maybe. No, of course she’s different, but it doesn’t mean that the natural charm wouldn’t work, right? What would make her happy? Money, a pat on the back? Wait, a board. She said something about a new board. Vince tilted his head slightly as Reem momentarily broke his train of thought. just grunted out a hmm before she deflected him.

tab Forcing a crooked grin onto his face, Vince tried to play cool as he impulsively opened his mouth…once again…for the umpteenth time. “If you say so. Sorry, bout earlier, and don't worry about that board either. V-man got you covered. I'll get you one straight from the warehouse. Just see it as this night not being such a total drag…” His words dragged out as he looked over towards Reem. Despite his silence his chin kept moving as he clicked his tongue while grinding his teeth. One thought went through his mind: was that a ******** buck? Vince tucked his lips into his mouth before returning back to his seat, his eyes locked forward as he became slightly unnerved. How did he not notice that thing before? His mind was going around too fast and the…Shaking his head side to side, he took off his shades before wiping his forehead as if exhausted with a worried look splayed upon his face.

Where: Highway 400
With: Reem and the ears and eyes of the Hawk
Thoughts: That was a ********, deer! s**t, I'm still alive. ********.
OOC: Traumatic experiences have that kind of effect.
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
It's not about how fast you go. It's not about how well you battle. Nah, it's all about how high you soar. And what you do up there. That's what matters. You dig?

User Image

The ******** just happened? No, seriously, the ******** just happened?! Drugs are bad, kids, drugs are bad.... Nah, ******** that, drugs are the greatest thing on the planet! The ******** is Axel thinking? Oh, some s**t about nonsense.

Soup was already out, pullin something comical and blitzing. Good idea, Axel followed suit. Dipping and dodging, he found himself taking a different path. His? It went straight through the dance floor, where else?! b***h after b***h, he quickly danced his way through. Every now-and-then, another girl would try to get up on him. And why wouldn't they? He was the star of the night, still, right?

But what happened next....? ******** If I knew. ******** if he knew, either. Drugs are bad, kids, drugs are bad.... In what felt like seconds, could have been hours, Axel found himself next to Soup, right as the DJ shot the word "s**t" out of his mouth. Stumbling forward, Axel had his arm around the man's shoulders before he knew what he was doing.
Broooobrobrobrobrobrooooo, he slurred out, doing his best to remain coherent enough to talk, The ******** we at, niggah? Duuuuude, let's get taco bell. Oh my god, I want tacos soooo much. No, wait, how bout subway?! Hell yeah, eat fresh motha ********! Ahaaaaaaa, I'm so high. Oh my god, some of those girls- some of those bitches - were so fine!..... Navi owes me a new ******** hat, bro.

With: Soup, Kiki, Georgie, Navajo girl, some girl named Angel.
Feeling: Sober. Focused. Professional.
Outfit:Turn down for what?!

Joy is derived from what makes you feel alive. You only live once, man, you better make the most of it. You dig?

Snuggle Munstur

BlackWind1.1

RoboFunk

PoppiHolla

Kanshisha Enzeru

Arianrhod Dawnbreaker

{{Izzy might be coming back, soon, guys c;}}

{{I'm really drunk, so i'm sorry if it seems like i'm breaking the fourth wall. I'm actually not. It's just the Axel style, I guess}}

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Call me Soup. @soup
Your DJing JumpBoard User! Get at me.

Soup was at the mercy of Axel's drunk and high persona, and he already had the munchies. This is just wonderful. But at least they were moving. As both of them were sailing down the road, the DJ felt his phone vibrating in his pocket and pulled out to read Reem's message. So, she was still in the car, huh? Part of him wanted to catch up to her, or at least ask about the car. But, due to logic smacking him upside the head, Soup knew that it was a bad idea. The main goal right now would be to escape Daniel.

Msg: I'm fine, just making sure that you're well. You trust that guy?

Sliding the phone back in his pocket, Soup was contemplating the best way to exit. He knew they had to leave right away and they were approaching Slipstream rather quickly. The train? Too crowded. There were Users hopping on power lines and thanks to mild research, Soup knew that riding on charged lines were super fast, but unwieldy. The only logical step would be to drive down Highway 400. Yes, cruising in a highway, narrowly escaping the clutches of speeding cars... Soup needed a pep talk. As he and Axel closed in on a bridge that lead to the highway, he stopped to look at his inebriated comrade. Soup needed Axel to be focused on this, he placed his hands on Zarkozi's shoulders to bring attention to the DJ.

“Listen.” Soup started.

“That crazy cop might be after us. Reem has a ride, we just have to get out of here.” Soup took a small time to look over the bridge. Yeah, the traffic died down but that only meant the ones on the road were laughing at the speed limit. This caused a sigh to come out of the DJ's lips, but he had to focus on Axel again. “I know you have that Sky Wolves rule, but we can work as a team. We can meet up at Bob's Auto and duck low for a while, alright? I need you to focus so we can get over this s**t.”

With: Axel, Reem via text.
Feeling: Strategy.
Outfit: Okami Style

Seraphiel The Forgiving
Snuggle Munstur
PoppiHolla
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker
dunce007
RoboFunk
Vruez
Kanshisha Enzeru
Neotepid

Learned Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Reeм "Magneт" Redcloυd Aнoтe

—(••÷[ вeѕт noт тo geт тoo aттacнed ]÷••)—

User Image

So many have paid to see
What you think You're gettin' for free
The woman is wild
A she-cat tamed By the purr of a Jaguar
Money's the matter
If you're in it for love You ain't gonna get too far

“If you say so. Sorry, bout earlier, and don't worry about that board either. V-man got you covered. I'll get you one straight from the warehouse. Just see it as this night not being such a total drag…” He paused and froze, quickly snapping his eyes to to the road. Reem raised an eyebrow and studied him. What the hell was he sorry for? Shutting her down when she was just trying to have a conversation? Possibly. Board? She never asked for a-- was he trying to cheer her up...? Wait, he didn't just say "V-man" again, did he? No unfortunately for him, he did, and now he'd have to pay for it. Whether he was attempting to be nice or not, now that she knew he said that when he did stupid s**t, she was assuming he was trying to put on that act again. What made him think she was anything like those pathetic excuses for women back at Cascade, who would just accept that charade and take the board. Hell, they probably didn't have the brainpower to work one in the first place, while she could operate her arm, hack, and ride a board all at the same time. And to add to all this, he looked so painfully guilty when he took off his shades and slightly wiped his forehead. She could only assume he caught a glimpse of her naughty pillows, which honestly, wasn't at all a bad thing.

But what made him think she needed any toys from him? He wasn't her sugar daddy, and she wasn't the type to be bought. She crossed her legs and laughed lightly "Anyone eva tell ya y' try too hard? I'm not an accessory, sugar. I dun need any toys from ya." She reached up and snatched the glasses from him, "I really dun think ya need these at night. You'll hit a deer with 'em on." She whispered, smirking playfully before she slipped them on.

Another message came in and she pulled out her phone to reply. Soup's okay, good.

To: Soup
    Message: I'm glad you're okay for now. I know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure if he wanted to do something to me he would have tried already. Besides he kinda saved me back there. Besides, could pound him into pudding if he tried to hurt me. Don't worry about me, I'm fine, Sugar <3

-Magnet <3

Reem positioned herself to face him and put her fingers on the edge of the glasses."How do I look~?" Something clicked under her finger and her vision changed, causing her to yelp in suprise. "£eechaa'itsa'ii biyaazh!!" She muttered in Navajo, as she relaxed and looked around her. Vince's skeleton was lit up like a christmas tree. X-ray glasses...? "This's awesome!! How d' they work?!" She took them off and looked up at him with a childlike delight.

User Image

My Getup: Body type, Club outfit, and a large dreamcatcher tattoo on her back.
What's going on in my head: ... too much thoughts to convey
Where I am: Cascade on 34th st
Folks around me: Vince
Current theme:Stupid Girls

BlackWind1.1
emotion_c8
Neotepid
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8
Quote:
emotion_c8

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What if you had the power of the world in your fingertips? The knowledge of the people around you, the knowledge of those from afar? What if you were able to tell where people were and would be at the flick of a wrist? Maybe narrow a person's fatal flaw by the most menial of hobbies? Not only is this possible, but this was years ago.

The Internet at its basest form is a superhighway. Moments at a time, information is sent to and fro on roads shared by thousands, millions of people left and right. All of this data is entered by the very ones that use it, or those that need a library to fit the palm of their hand. Some even fooled the world to enter their most personal of information in the name of social communication. Such trust could be depicted as the a next step in human potential or the greatest con in existence.

Many users in the network have no idea how to work the very thing they use. Yet, they blissfully inform whoever will read about their location, their flaws, their troubles, all of this. Highs. Lows. Plans on reaching a middle ground. Ignoring the fact that billions could access this information, this free information.

But what would one use it for? People can be like most: discarding it as another fish in the sea of mediocrity, others can use it as mildly stimulating entertainment. But what about those who aren't like the others? The ones that can read the Greek from the code and script behind the scenes? There are bad guys in this world, those that abandoned the beaten path for something quick, something sinister. Something in which they use this platform as an opportunity to exploit their edge they have over the rest of the world. This is the introduction of one of those very people.

If you saw this person, he would be like one of the others. Plain, austere, unremarkable. His features weren't striking, he wasn't going to be offered a modeling contract, but he wasn't repulsive or hideous. No, this man was just like the others, a person that could blend with any crowd. No piercings of any kind, no scarring, nothing that was distinguished. Just an ordinary guy. His clothing was just as regular, he had on a gray hooded sweatshirt with a baseball cap on his head. His denim jeans were a dark blue with some faded accents, but nothing too loud. He was sitting inside Cafe Ghost, his hand straddling a lukewarm green tea while he spoke to the waitress about his order. It was quick, a simple patty melt with some bacon inside the gooey sandwich. Smiles were exchanged, as necessary in the name of hospitality, and with that, she was off to continue her routine. The man gave a lasting gaze before returning to his cup, he took a sip of the drink and was pleasantly surprised of it still being as refreshing as when he first ordered it. But, back to business.

He set the cup down, sliding his hands in his sling bag to pull out an all black laptop. The color of it was matte, no labels of any kind, brand or sticker. Just a lid that was obviously customized for his kit. But looks didn't matter, he needed it for this job he could do on the go. What was this man's job? Let's just say he works at home. His home being wherever it needs to be, since he's always on the move. Said 'job' was a dicey one to say the least, one could only look at where this man previously lived throughout the years. Glasgow, Shibuya, Rio, Moscow, and now Essex. Why did he have to travel so much? How could he afford such means? Let's look into what he's doing to find out.

With the laptop open, the man placed a data free phone he pulled from his pocket and a USB cable to connect both devices. Startup took all of thirty seconds, thank God for SSDs, and with some clicks of some keys, multiple windows were open. There were pictures, documents, feeds even. All of this fed him the information he needed of this town. The man didn't like to be surprised, so why not learn about everything he could? The city was interesting, filled with opportunity and he had one job that suddenly popped from his E-Mail feed. How much info would the hacker receive from this guy? Open up the mail, not a lot. The usual. As the hacker read the entire contents of the message, taking all of the information in mass clusters to form perfectly coherent comprehension, he was aware of who this client was. They spoke earlier, though he didn't expect such a response so soon. The task wasn't hard, just good ol fashioned identity fraud. The man remembered the call, the client wanting this “b***h to fall from grace”, “pay for what she's done” and all that. He never asked what she “did”, nor did he care. There were plenty of reasons why he didn't ask questions. The first one being that it only complicated things. As long as you did what you were told, you could not be dragged into anything deeper. This was especially important for a guy that was fresh off of a plane, he needed this money to be as “clean” as possible for his foundation.

One of the hacker's rules was simple: give him as few contents of information as possible. Sending such precious data was a risk. A person of his profession knew this best. It would make clients skeptical at first, until they saw the world bend at the hacker's whims. This one was just as bright, only giving the hacker a name, and an obscure candid image of the mark.

Speaking of which, let's take care of that. Fill a line here, another there. Drag her image to some proprietary screen software and wait for the web search. One by one different pictures of the lady with the same kind of obscure angles would pop up, a decent face shot here and there. Add in the name, and we have a person!

Linda Anderson. Plus her address as well? Good. She had a phone number for the home but those were practically useless.

Now let's see if she's active in the mobile world. Skirting through securities of mobile networks was a breeze, same with scanning all of the Linda Andersons in the area. Though a generic name, he would eventually find the woman and with that her number. All of which would get him access to one tool that most would fail to realize the importance of, her front facing camera.

The hacker would copy the number and type in some magic to hop on Linda's camera feed. Things were going smoothly and there she was. The mark was staring at the phone, with not a care in the world. There were some small instances in her tone, but not of fear or paranoia. No, she was smiling. Snickering to herself, and with the messages she was typing, it was obvious why. Her texts were friendly, almost too friendly. Innuendos and flirty emoticons decorated a long chain of her input to this conversation to this unknown number. Curiosity started to rear its ugly head, so the hacker would hop on the phone of the text partner. Well, this was interesting, a strapping younger gentlemen that was tall and chiseled was on the other end. Both of them showing interest amongst each other. Beyond textual intercourse, they had some voice messages exchanged between each other as well. Plug in the ear bud, play the sounds, and bear witness to the confirmation of one's thoughts.

That was the second reason as to why the hacker never asked questions, he could get the answers himself. These people weren't the smartest in the world, so finding out how things worked was easy. With all of this data circulating in his mind, the evidence of the phones plus more information in Linda's bank account (plane tickets, masculine gifts), the hues of the intent were merging into quite the image. The client must be the husband of Linda, and he must've found out about the infidelity of his wife. Now, the client might've been angry enough to hire a hitman, but those guys were either too dirty or cops undercover. That's why the hacker was hired, people's lives can be taken digitally and the client knew this like all the others. Whatever would work for them, the hacker would let whatever moral code deal with that. At the very least, he knew his work was clean, untraceable, it was what almost gave him a clairvoyant aura to him. But, it was all a matter of using all of the technology around him.

Onto the job, snap a picture of the woman. A decent full frontal face shot, nice. Now send that to an image search to get more pictures of her while the hacker scans what cell tower is the woman using. Now, he had to work on locating the woman. Turning on the GPS would be the best thing, but they usually took too long for a job he wanted to get done right away. Besides, more information meant that he could keep track of her behavior to confirm actions. Better to have that than nothing. Besides, surveillance screening was more fun, underrated too. With the software creating a low res 3D face mesh, it made scanning all those spotty videos child's play. Now, he was not only aware of where she was, but the locaton of Anderson during this day, this week, and maybe part of previous months. Location was at a corporate building. With a couple of glances of her LinkedIn account and social network files, this was her job. Not only that, but Linda was on her lunch break, which was ending quite soon.

The client wanted this woman to pay, and one thing that he informed the hacker of was how hard she worked to get into her position at work. The woman was nearly next to the CEO when it came to business, and she had goals to take over the business. Besides this little devious slip up, the woman was fairly clean. No criminal record, immaculate credit, no points docked against her at work. Yes, she was a monument of cleanliness and order. Perhaps this was why she decided to cheat, the boredom of it all. It wasn't his place to wonder, but he could start chipping away at the foundation of the Anderson tower.

This was the time that the hacker believed that he was an assassin in his line of work. More information was surfacing, each keystroke added more hue to the picture of who this woman was. As this image was built, the man was becoming more aware of what he had to tear down. He couldn't go for the immediate kill, but instead go for a slow maneuver like poisoning. It'd take a while, but she would fall. First would come the symptoms. As the man went to her bank account, draining her assets and shredding her credit, he was thinking about how the lady would respond. She would probably hear the news from a bureau or at the very least start off with her investigating why her card was declined. Next off, she was paying off a car? Thanks to the money, she wouldn't have any money but let's say she was a couple of payments behind. Erase a couple of payment records and alert the car dealer...done. Decorating the police record was also basic, but it's time for the coup de grace.

The chef slid the patty melt over the serving table, yelling the order so the waitress can finish the deal. “Order up!”

The woman smirked at the chef, taking the plate on one hand before asking. “So, Carlos. What are you doing tonight?”

Carlos peeked over his shoulder to see his team working amongst themselves before leaning towards the waitress. A little personal break wouldn't hurt. “I'll probably hit up some of these parties. I hope some clubs will still be jumping.”

The waitress smiled even wider. “Yeah, but make sure you don't walk in with that grease spoon of an outfit on.” She gave the cook a small wink, “Tell me when you're off, I'll follow you up.”

With that, she walked towards the man that was typing up a couple of last keystrokes of his job. Right on time. The lady gave the smile that was donned like any part of her uniform as she served the sandwich. It looked like everything he wanted. The man cracked the laptop closed, moving it out of the way so the melt can get a better spotlight. As she left, the hacker went to work, a large bite was a small reward to himself. He would've continued, but he forgot to do one more thing. Time to open up the laptop one more time, Linda was about to make her way back into her office. The hacker knew that he wanted the dominos to fall and the turmoil to snowball into something sinister. Let's make that happen, going back into the mobile network. A small recorded video of the mark's sexual endeavors from the partner of the affair's phone, all about to be sent to every account in her job. Massive priority to her superiors.

Is it wrong to think of one's self as a god? Omniscient, omnipotent, all while sitting in a small diner this guy could turn any device into a Death Note or whatever he desired. It was all here, but this guy knew better. Gods were restricted to a certain role, gods were egotistical, gods were petty. This guy was none of this, he only interacted in the world that he knew the most. A practitioner of the Dream: he became whatever he wanted, and whatever he needed to be.

Today, he was going to dive into a patty melt while being responsible for a very possible suicide. All he knew, this was going to be delicious.

Send.

((Hopefully this makes sense. Kinda Frankensteined two ideas into one post.))

With: Everyone and no one at once.
Feeling: Hungry.

Seraphiel The Forgiving
Snuggle Munstur
Saka Hirozumi
dunce007
Kanshisha Enzeru
PoppiHolla
Arianrhod Dawnbreaker
Johnny_Black
RoboFunk
Vruez
Neotepid

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
William Rockwell @willrockwell
The Creator of Jumpboards | CEO & President of Rockwell Industries

Purrs was always someone that was always into tech and its ever changing nature. That was one thing William loved about her, that obsession with this transformative form of progression. Her remarks would bring him back to the days of MIT. She was a younger student back then but at the same time, she was sharper than some of the seniors and professors in the school. For some reason, they have some chemistry that stuck, a bond that made fantastic things happen. She'd be one of those partners that would always have something to add, something to tweak here or there. If anything, Purrs served why William tried his hardest to not fall in that perfectionist trap. It was contagious, that he knew more than most, but as someone that had to deal with deadlines and add some anchors to his ever shifting mind, he had to play the boss. As miserable as that can be.

He looked at some of the passerbys that quickly moved away from them due to his assistant's gaze. As thankful as Rockwell was to this “gift” of hers, the CEO had to snicker. If there was one thing he never imagined Purrs being, it's scary. She was a small woman, and the red hair surrounding her head made her look like a cat. If anything, Will felt like she gave less firm stares and more plush looks. If that makes sense. “Looks like people are still excited.” Finally, warming up a bit, he grinned at his assistant. Most people saw Rockwell's human side when he was totally free from work, which was borderline impossible these days. But, for those that can make him relaxed, then it would just ooze out of his stone faced disposition. “That's good, maybe after all of this, I can slow it down.” Never stop, never that. The Imperials were still there, and the first couple of months would have him reading reviews and promote a bit more. But, it was better than the manufacturing of the Wyvern. That took most of his life for years, that and with this talk, maybe he could lighten the mood up a bit.

Purrs would go on about her stance in Tuning. It was a surprise to Rockwell, but why, he didn't know. Maybe it was due to the fact that with her colorful disposition, she would at least be a Reflex type of person. “So you have no Glide preference? At all?” He would give her a slightly confused look, but he would crack into a smirk “I thought I was the boring one.”

Talk of the press almost killed Rockwell's mood. Yeah, they would be everywhere, but at the very least, they would have a break like this. A break from all of these people looking at them. Speaking of which, it didn't seem to stop, these curious eyes zeroing in on them. Maybe it was time to get some wheels. “On second thought. Let's get a cab. We can go down 400 for a quiet cruise.”

With: Purrs
Feeling: Oh no, fans.

Sterling Dragoness

High-functioning Snowflake

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Firestarter 200
User Image
                                      Riley Smith Pixel
                                      xxxx ☻ Alone ✈ The Cascade ╎ ♫ On the playlist

█ █ █ █████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                      [I ʜᴀᴛᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛs ᴡᴀʀᴍ...]

One of the things Riley ******** hated about clubs was the goddamned music. The moment he’d step inside a dimly-lit beauty perfect with shadows in all the right corners and kids with great asses to stare at, some sort of godforsaken nails-scratching-on-chalk-board abomination would start blaring through one of those loud-speakers, setting his brain on auto-fry right through his ears.

He still wondered what the ******** happened to good ole’ music, or if most of that sort of thing had vanished right into thin air right about the time he was done signing up for the good old army. Darn it, he needed his share of guitar-and-drums if he even remotely hoped for his damned headache to leave him the ******** alone.

On a good night, Riley would have admitted (after a couple of good Lagers) that he’d been acting like one of those hipster elitists (no offense to hipsters or elistist, whoever the ******** they were), entitled brats of a few musical decades past, but this particular night business was slow. He’d been working double-shift, his only customer for the night had been a bummer, and all Riley wanted to do right now was to get high in a rich-a** establishment’s washroom, if for nothing but some petty, good old spite and a gigantic ‘******** you’.

For the first time since his return, Riley felt sort of mushy, like he’d drunk in a piss-load of sugar-syrup, and down under the glare of a thousand differently colored lights, he could tell the world in front of him was something like a catty ex-girlfriend; it had moved on without a word, giving you the worst sort of withdrawal syndrome.

Except that it seemed to go on forever.

When he had first stepped into Cascade earlier that night, the sight of a countless bodies swaying in brilliant lights to music that sounded like a couple electronic cats wailing at each other had messed up a couple screws inside his head. Here he was, sticking out like a sore thumb among a group of people who belonged here as strongly as the bad music and the scent of sweat. Riley was a goner – his time had melted away in the blazing summer heat of the middle-east, leaving him like an island cut off from the mainland.

Riley rubbed the inside of his arm, reaching for the bag. He changed his work-shirt sitting in the empty cubicle of the washroom, and pulled out a fresh syringe. There were some sort of weird moans coming up from the cubicle next to him – well, at least someone was having a good time. As the needle sunk into his flesh, Riley whipped out his phone and scanned half-heartedly through the Twitter and Soaring Skies feed. The whole thing was still buzzing about Rockwell’s competition, and not for the first time, Riley wondered if he really ought to think about joining some team. The only problem was his business…

For the last few days, he’d been thinking of starting a website streaming some of his mach races. If he could ramp it up with enough ads, that thing could give way towards some extra cash, and not to mention, exposure. The JB world was alluring enough, and Riley wanted to milk through every corner of it to extinction.

He’d almost been dozing on the toilet seat when the ******** phone in his hand started off like some old lady’s crusty vibrator. Riley jumped, and - whoa there - a text from his last customer of the night?!

Message : Dude, if you’re in the ******** Cascade, forget about goddamn business. I ain’t goin’ in there. Freaky s**t happening inside. There were ******** cops around.

Riley blinked. Holy tapdancing mother of Christ. That escalated quickly. And then, the corners of the blasted circuit inside his brain glowed with a tiny bit of a spark. Cops, eh? Well, the night prolly wouldn’t be that bad after all…

And right when Riley was in the middle of taking a decent piss, some ******** decided it was funny to bang the fire alarm.

Damn.

█ █ █ █████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                      [ ...Bᴜᴛ, ᴅᴀᴍɴ, ɪᴛ's ᴡᴏʀsᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ғʀᴇᴇᴢᴇ ɪᴛ. ]

O O C:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces