Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[ Interview with the Demiurge ]
An RP Mini-Event to promote The Grand Tournament 3

User Image

Strange things have been happening throughout the Unified Cosmos of late! Odd sightings of unusual rifts in the sky, and mirage-like images appearing in places they should not be. From the streets of Sigil, to the Alien-Realms far beyond mortal measure, all signs seem to point to something mystical in the works. These are the working of The Demiurge, Ishar Fhang; his delicate command of Cosmic Law having opened doors all over the Interconnected Multiversi, and allowed these brief glimpses into worlds outside the norm. The mystery of what might wait beyond these not-so-humble gates carefully designed to beckon in all comers; from the heroically brave, to the decidedly foolish.

Dare you risk the wild, and wierding ways of The Demiurge?

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Table of Contents

+ Event Setting

+ Rules

+ Tournament Synopsis

+ Announcements

+ Affiliates

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ahh! Wonderful!

I see you have chosen to accept my invitation, of sorts, and now find yourself within my not-so-humble corner of existence. Try as I might, simplicity eludes me; thus I am forced to abide here-in...A place known as the Arcusan. Until now, I've never found much use for this grand hall.

Thus, I am delighted to welcome you...all of you...to this informal meeting!

No doubt, some of you have questions...I will do my best to answer those. Meanwhile, others may wish to simply explore my dimension; gleaning what knowledge they can from my various collections, and tomes. My mind, and my home, are open to you.

Great tribulation awaits for those among you who shall compete in my tournament, but...for now...we can enjoy this rare opportunity, and make the most of present company.

Your ever optimistic host,

User Image

O=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=O

Event Setting
The Arcusan

Contrary to popular theory, there are a finite amount of Mutiversi in all of existence; each bundle of interconnected, and alternate, Universi self-contained as a functioning system. As Gods, and Arch-Devils, are most often concerned with their individual realms...and mortals find themselves encountering Cosmic understanding through the Divine...this knowledge may come as somewhat of a shock! However, now that you have met the Demiurge and seen his home with your own eyes, you have come to realize how interpersonal space really is.

A Universe, while mind-bogglingly massive, is only one point within the dimensional swirl of a Multiverse; just as each Multiverse is but part of the greater Fractalverse.

Fortunately for you, as you attempt to wrap your brain around that, Ishar has given you free reign within the Arcusan. You may explore his vast library, tour the collection of relics from all over the Fractalverse, or even step outside and behold the wondrous view.

All of creation laid out before your eyes in the skies above.

Ishar has fashioned his part of the Aetheric realm in the form of a beautiful island, and flora from all corners of existence can be found growing here in harmony. The beaches are kissed not by water, but by seas of raw Aether; formless magic that flows behind all things, and gives Cosmic Law its function.

Whether you are here to speak with the Demiurge, or just to explore and mingle, you are guaranteed not to leave this realm disenchanted!

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Rules

1) First and foremost, you must follow Gaia's Rules. All members are bound by the Gaia Online Terms of Service and the Gaia Online Rules & Guidelines. Additional guidelines for members of this Thread will be detailed below. Disobeying the rules below may result in anything from a temporary ban, to a permanent ā€œBlack Listā€ exile. Breaking any ToS related rule will get you reported, no questions asked.

2) I am the Thread Owner, my rule is law and is subject to change. This does not apply to my characters. In other words, Iā€™m just here to play along with everyone else, until someone gets out of line.

3) Cursing is acceptable, for the sake of the storyā€¦or your character. But there is no need to get excessive. If you must, invent a new word and use that.

4) No Godmodding. No Metagaming. No power-playing. I will correct these issue immediately.

5) This is a literate Role-play, but not in the snooty sense. Iā€™m looking for quality, not quantityā€¦But, Iā€™m also not here to tell anyone they can or can not role-play because of the style they use. Just because someone isnā€™t as experienced as you, or capable of posting mini-novels, does not mean they are any less of an RPer than you. I will not tolerate prejudice on ANY level.

6) On the above rule. Proper grammar should be practiced, if not perfected. The use of commas, periods, quotation marks, etc are a must. Do not use any symbol to accentuate actions, such as but not limited to asterisks or dashes.

7) In regards to attendance, and regular activity within the Thread. This is a game, and it should be fun. Iā€™m not paying you to be here, and I do not expect you to report for duty on any regular basis.

8 ) Sexual undertones: Acceptable. Full blown sequences of simulated erotica ((Sexy-making/cybering)): Un-acceptable. Donā€™t even take it to the Pms, because that is still frowned upon by the staff. Go all the way out to your instant messenger or e-mail inbox. Thanks.

9) OOC comments go HERE. This Thread ties directly into the upcoming Grand Tournament 3, so they will share the same OOC area.

10) Suggestions, ideas, contributions, criticisms, etc are all welcomed and encouraged! Feel free to PM me at any time with these things and I will respond as soon as I can.

11) This is a walk-in/walk-out RP. You don't have to submit a profile, or contact me in advance, to participate. Extreme cases of power-play, or abuse, will be dealt with In-Character until such time as they become obtrusive to the quality of the story.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Tournament Synopsis

As in the previous year, the Grand Tournament 3 will follow an established schedule; featuring balanced character profiles, exotic locales, battle effects, and story-driven combat. When it comes to GT3, we want to entertain you...Not just watch you die in brutal, agonizing ways.

That said, you would probably like to know exactly what you -are- playing for ::

Prizes

In Character Rewards

Beyond adding the title of "Grand Tournament Champion" to your character's already impressive legacy, you will also receive a private audience with the Demiurge. As an especially powerful wizard, Ishar will grant a single wish of the character's selection; enriching your IC plot, and giving lasting impact to the event as a whole.

Out of Character Rewards

Per the established norm, GT3 will offer a Gaia Gold prize to the winner; starting at Fifteen-billion gold, and increasing as/if donations are received.

In addition to this, the winning fighter will also receive a custom weapon...or item...render of their design from David Quinn; an estimated value of $50. wink

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Announcements

+ October 3rd, 2014 :: First RP Mini-Event - Interview with the Demiurge - Opened!

+ October 18th, 2014 :: Second RP Mini-Event - Q-and-A with Ishar - Begins!

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Affiliates

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]The Arcusan[!]
Divideā€¦
[]~O~[]

User Image

"Hmmm...Seems wasteful. Why would you need to use Dimensional Anchor on a coffee tab-OH! Clever, clever, little Ankrali!"

The Demiurge, one hand stroking his well-groomed beard, would wriggle the fingers on his opposite appendage -just- so; generating a noticeable shift in the orb that floated just beneath its grasp. To anyone else who might be looking on, the vivid ball of manifested light would look like little more than that...A glowing, swirling, sphere.

But to Ishar...

It was a window into which he might view the vastness of magical practice; his job, if one could make the concept so simple, requiring a vigilant eye...and a keen intellect! He was responsible for "balancing the books" of spell-crafting everywhere; keeping tabs on what magic went where, and why.

It wasn't always this easy...When a Cyclopean Horror wanted to use mass-hypnotism to enslave a race of passive Delgu, or some hot-headed...Demon-worshiping...Mage laid out schematics for a spell that could open the door to Hell's Armies, Ishar's work tended to get a lot more complicated.

Occurrences such as that were more common-place than one might think.

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
? - The Arcusan - Obsidian Beaches

= Lost =
Sunkissed...

--------------------------------------------------

User Image

What makes a beach? Is it the smell of the salt sea brine, wafting in from brisk breezes over the shore? Is it the cry of birds and the jingle of marina bells, signaling the return of the fishermen? Or, is it perhaps the sand and water itself, foam-capped breakers smashing onto unyielding crags and the fine-crushed remnants of crustaceans and quartz, warmed under a blazing sun?

This alien shoreline was none of these, and yet it was, still, certainly a beach... A waveless, roiling mass of Aether where there ought have been sea, and not sand, but the unnerving level plain of a solid, crystalline mass... a great, mirror-shine surface of obsidian glass stretching to each horizon... and where Aether and volcanic glass met, the unmarred surface warped and bent, forming fantastical whorls and hollows that broke the light of a blue sun into shades of red and yellow twinkling with each briefly caught ray.

Echoes rebounded off of unseen interfaces, reflecting sharply the tok tok tok of metal-heeled shoes across the shining black expanse and reverberating with immediacy, announcing the arrival of the star herald. Barely restrained and barely covered alike by robes of diaphanous silk and silvered jewelry, her shapely hips swayed to and fro with each step, lending the female an air of the utmost feminine regal stature. The air pricked at her skin, and flooded her lungs with an almost breathless ferocity in each breath, heavily oxygenated and adding a tinge of euphoria to an already growing sense of dysphoria from the physical self.

The sea before her was raw Aether, undiluted and perfect, the source of all of the starcaller's power... and simply being in the presence of it stirred a deep longing in her that compelled her forward, heedless, desperate to unite with the very stuff of reality. The possibility that such contact would immediately unmake her beautiful form and return her to atoms entered not into her thoughts, all caution and reason lost before this iridescent spectacle, this arcane beacon.

Slowly, the roiling substance crept about her, coiling up along ankles and toes placed gingerly into wading depth, and climbing the sorceress' legs like so many vines, their caress sending her into a paroxysm of shivers, mouth hung open in soundless cries of joy. She took another step, then another, chest-deep in Aether. It cupped her heaving chest, eliciting more palpitations of heart and mind, a sort of dull pleasure of hyper-sensitivity settling into the woman's fair, porcelain skin. It swept her silver-azure hair about, both wetly sleek and yet billowing like the mousse of some cosmic stylist.

Elianna slipped under, and found herself buoyant, and free to breath, the light-headed whisper of air feeling like flight through a soft, warm cloudtop. Smoky eyes closed with heavy lids, letting the magic suffuse her body in every pore and opening, sighing with a staggered breath as bliss overtook her form, garments melting away piece by piece into the primal sea that had birthed them. The Aether and Elianna were one in that moment, and she'd not trade the feeling for another in all the worlds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetheric Essence
100 + 100(Aether Sea) = 200!

Active Spells:
None

Slash Zinrai

Familiar Citizen

User ImageUser Image
The bell rings like a Temple Bell
The Dancing Lights are nowhere to be found.
The Obelisks are gone.
The Bell Nymph is alive and well.

She couldn't exactly sneak anywhere, not while her tiny glass handbell reverberated like a giant iron temple bell in both pitch and volume. The sound of her bell persisted for longer than any bell normally should. Being in such an open expanse conflicted with her forest nymph compulsions to hide away from being seen but her circumstances didn't exactly allow for such a thing so easily. She was missing her companions already! Finding a wall she put one hand against it as she walked along it eventually turning into a building. A chill rattled her spine as she entered it.

Rhode raised one cupped hand to her mouth and called out into the massive expanse of a building she was in, "Pardon me!"

_____The short nymph walked forward in a cautious manner to the person further down the hall. As she walked she rang her glass handbell again, defying logic it once again resounded like a giant iron bell as if her shout wasn't loud enough. As she got closer, farther into the building she focused on the person dozens of paces away from her, she noticed something unusual when she got closer. She couldn't really tell what it was but she felt pressure, should she be running instead of approaching? Addressing the problem bluntly she asked loudly in an accented voice overflowing with curiosity, "Introduction?" as she tilted her head.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]The Arcusan[!]
Divideā€¦
[]~O~[]

He'd lagged behind his undeniably beautiful compatriot; too absorbed in the wonders over-head to keep track of Elianna, or even pay much mind to his own travels.

Slash had never seen a sky such as this!

Celvion, as he was gradually coming to understand, had been terribly cloistered in its part of space. No stars brightened the curtain of night, or even pricked the shadow that lay behind Her dual-moons. But out here, under the canopy of all creation, the Wanderer was completely at a loss.

Eventually, and purely by mistake, his boots touched down on glassy shores; eliciting the expected -tink- of cleats on crystal.

"What..."

He finally looked down; his breath catching in his throat as he beheld the Aetheric Sea. Slash had no means by which to understand the sight before him, or point of comparison from which to even begin. All he knew was that it was a thing of distinct grandeur...Well beyond his measure.

"Elianna...What is this pla--Elianna?"

The swordsman craned his neck; searching in vain for the Sorceress who, unbeknownst to him, had already acquainted herself with the shimmering "waters".

"Eliii-Aaaanna!!"

Her name stretched into the mystery that surrounded him, but she did not appear.

Scalar Warfare
Einar 'Son of ƅrud'

Bjornhold: Zero
įš±įš¢įš¾į›–į›Š

Mead Remaining
fimm

Viking Arrows:
Sex

Einar found himself inside of what appeared to be a sort of Grand Hall only it was definitely unlike anything he had ever seen. He knew he was not dead either for Asgaard would not look like this. He took a weary step forward the voice he had heard earlier was welcoming but alas it was a curious one. He had come but only because who would he be if he turned down the invitation of someone who made an invitation in friendship? Before him was a large table maybe this was laid out in retrospect for Einar and the mead certainly looked very inviting. Maybe a trap? Einar's right hand moved from Bjornhold so it would stay attached to his belt. Considering the nature of the invitation did not seem to suspicious the man raised the mug to his lips lightly sipping the hearty mead the foam speckling his facial hair. It was indeed a good mead but here he was alone at least for the moment. His eyes looked around for some sort of explanation. Alas this entire place was so mysterious to him an explanation could not be obtained.

Einar's feet would began to move the mug still in firm grip taking a decent swig to lower the contents to not spill while walking. Einar found his way to some sort of balcony as for him the idea of exploring was not necessarily his goal. For now he was more of wondering if there where others around. His eyes fell to the strange waters of which the nature of the waters was completely beyond him he just knew it was not actually water, all be it's true substance was not something he truly knew about anyway. He saw what appeared to be a naked woman within. He watched for a moment but averted his eyes and decided to continue his wandering. It was not that the strange person did not interest him but rather he found that his mind was pulling at him by watching and that would violate one of the most sacred traditions of the Norse. Thus his feet would lead him elsewhere. He lifted the mug to his face yet again and found the mug empty. With a wry look he turned back to the great hall where now there was and yet a smaller person and she was approaching what appeared to be a man. Someone Einar seemed to have missed his first time walking through. He approached the table and set down his mug to acquire yet a new one taking the first of this mug into his mouth.
"Einar son of ƅrud." He would state as he had heard the pry for an introduction. The male's voice was hoarse and unrefined. A very guttural level of pronunciation. His form looked even for what many might look upon as a barbarian he had an air of importance to him.

User Image

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[!]The Arcusan[!]
Divideā€¦
[]~O~[]

User Image
His eyes flitting from one sight, to the next, Ishar -almost- missed the Nymph's approach entirely. In fact, he had been looking through his orb...trying to figure out where, exactly, that monstrously loud bell was chiming from.

An unfortunate side-effect of rarely having visitors.

"Hmmm...Oh! W-what?"

The Demiurge turned his head in Rhode's direction, and practically coughed up his last word; sputtering as he hastily dispelled the sphere. Even given that he was always at work, it was unforgivably rude...to his mind...for a host to ignore their guests!

"Dear girl, come in! Come in! Forgive my laxness, won't you...There was a seven-handed warlock trying to bind furniture to his home plane, and he -almost- had me vexed! A sneaky fellow, to be sure!"

Despite being an immensely powerful primordial, and custodian to ALL magic in the known Cosmos, Ishar practically skipped across the space between them; hands held out in a welcoming, and potentially helpful, manner. It was obvious that he knew she was blind...somehow...and meant to guide the beautiful forest creature to somewhere more comfortable.

"But I am...what is the expression?...Q'inzy ak dyu Vliza? No, no! That's not right...Ahem! Lecturing to the Magisters! Yes...that's the one. Talking with a disciple of Lethe about trickery...Aheh-oh-doh-hoh!!"

He ended his chattering with a laugh that was as strange as it was comforting; like the chortle of someone's cherished grandfather, or local healer. This was not a being of self-importance, too haughty to be touched...No.

Ishar was something else.

Speaking of other things; another being had manifested not far behind the Nymph. Clad in attire fit for one who called the frigid north his home, it would not take long for the Demiurge to surmise that...

Despite his concerns...

The warriors were responding to his call!

"And more yet come! I do hope I have prepared enough food...Do not shy from the table, friend! Allow me to help the lady to her seat, and we will dine as comrades!"

The Unanimated

GalaxyCommander

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
? - The Arcusan - Obsidian Beaches

= Found =
A Miracle Moment...

--------------------------------------------------

User Image

A voice called out across the waves of magic, of raw undulating power... amplified and dampened in equal measure in eddies of paradox... and the floating sorceress both heard it and not. Her name spoke softly in her ear and screamed across the divide, but neither perturbed her reverie. Sensations of comfort washed over her... the call was familiar, the tone friendly. A suppressed memory fluttered past... and her body shuddered in the caress of the Infinite, aches of travel and woe of previous strife bleeding from the pores like the sweat of a cleansing steam bath.

Again it came, more insistent, and the magess' eyes fluttered open, her vision filled with swirls and pools of vivid color. They bobbed insistently around her, pressing close and then withdrawing, pointing the way. Her slender feet found bottom where there was none simply by willing it, and with a cresting plunge, broke through the surface of the Aether sea. A lingering splash of rainbow arced after her long silvery hair, clinging to her wetly in a kaleidoscope of hues. Slow, deliberate steps paced outward as they had in, one foot before the other, wading through the rolling surf and back onto the hard glass ahead. Raw power ran down her form in rivulets, dripping along salacious curves and plush thighs, each shimmering droplet as a diamond adorning Elianna's body, catching the light of the blue-burning sun. Each strand of azure-silver became as liquid chrome, flowing across her neck and stomach like a meandering river.

With a final, dainty shake of a foot, the sorceress pushed away the last loitering arm of the sea into the freedom of the air and land, and with it, swept her long tresses back on either side of the head to hang like a veil along her arched back. Demurely, her right hand pulled up to casually rest atop her chest, lending a more physical aspect to the preservation of her modesty than errant twinkles of reflected light, and she drew closer to the familiar swordsman, unhurriedly.

Her eyes and mouth broke into a smile, gaze lingering on the man's physique before raising to his powerful eyes. Her smile was the only greeting he needed though... they'd seen hell in each other's eyes once before... and the resolve and understanding that now smoldered there instead brought her true joy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetheric Essence
200 + 100(Aether Sea) = 300!

Active Spells:
None

Slash Zinrai

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items