Total Votes:[ 45 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 68 69 70 > >>

5,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
|Law Briggs|

User Image
Law sat sluggishly in a recliner taking sips of what he suspected to be whiskey. He had no intention of reading the bottle. He watched Bucky crash and burn attempting to socialize with the band. Bucky's optimism and wholeheartedness was at a loss. Law knew Bucky well and he knew how much it meant to him to be liked by everyone. Law chuckled at the fact that no matter how hard Bucky tried it never worked out in his favor. Tango didn't seem to take to him well, that was a bit unexpected. To Law, they were similar in their blind admiration of him but nonetheless he found it amusing in a twisted sense.

The show today was possibly the worst of his career. He's had some pretty bad shows but people usually enjoyed watching him destroy himself on stage so they rarely were categorized as failures. He wanted to drink until he was happy. Drink the night away. He did have questions for Bucky. How did he get there, how did he know what hotel, and where? How did he get in? Why was he here? How could it have been legal to buy this much booze, clearly enough to kill a small elephant with liver failure? How did he get it all back to the penthouse? Did he ever manage to beat Law's high score at House of the Dead at the arcade back home? As Law drank the questions became more and more irrelevant. He was looking forward to catching up.

Nova announced she was going for a walk...and a drink. Law took note of it. He tried desperately not to care but he couldn't help but wonder where she was going. Just out of curiosity of course. She had a terrible experience today but she wouldn't go off and do something, or someone, she'd regret...right? He only cared because the band didn't need anymore stress. Yeah that was it. Though he wasn't her babysitter. She could do whatever she wanted. Who was he to judge, his entire agenda so far was making bad decisions that put stress on the band but still... He began tapping his foot like a madman.

Buckley Fitzgerald|
User Image
Bucky's smile stayed plastered on his face as two band members ignored him and one seemingly snapped at him. He blamed himself for their reactions. The vibrant display of victory he had created backfired as it only reflected their apparent failure. He wasn't doing a very good job at being cool, but despite that he would rebound. He wasn't one to give up.
"Yeah, hah... S'all good. I mean, it's not my name now but when I get signed it will be!" He laughed nervously as the others carried on to the alcohol. " Yeah Just help yourselves to the tower of booze."He said, knowing they didn't need or want his permission. "And then maybe later you could um...tell me your names...for starters. You know, if ya' feel like it." His tone slowly lowering in volume as the band seemed to have no regard for him.
"Okay, this is going well. I'm having fun. this is great." He mumbled to himself not so much sarcastically but as a mantra. Somehow his words would manifest into reality.
He did do one thing right; alcohol. They went straight to it like moths to a bug zapper. Perhaps they'd be friendlier with a couple shots tying them down. Bucky walked over to the to booze tower and took a beer. He was a lightweight and he was aware of it. He rarely drank, and when he did it was purely socially.
One of the band members that had left him hanging left the penthouse.
Bucky sat besides Law.
"It was that bad?" Bucky asked noting everyone's tense depressed attitudes.
"Worse." Law responded to his query immediately.
Bucky took small sips gingerly as an awkward silence set in between Law and him, which he broke, knowing exactly what was on Law's mind.
"I beat your high score on House of the Dead." He said flatly.
"You b***h."
| Sebastian |

User Image Sebastian stopped for a moment and he looked back at Mert with a wide-eyed expression, one that didn't fit his usual 'cooler than you' attitude, but it still said what it needed to say. 'You're an idiot'. He started walking again and he grinned. "Funny.", He said, in case his expression didn't get the point across. Mert seemed a bit thick. "I don't recall any of us having makeup put on, nor were we offered.", He concluded the thought. They had reached the hotel at this point and Sebastian couldn't have been more pleased himself. Only a few more short minutes...

He pressed the button to call the elevator and when the doors opened, he gestured for Mert to enter before him. When he did, the ride up was silent, but it was productive for Sebastian. He looked around, noticing a few things out of place. The camera was broken, the hatch in the ceiling was burst wide open... Clearly, this was the elevator the band was trapped in by Carlyle previously. He grinned. This would make a perfect spot if he needed a bit of.. Private time. Which he would probably need, considering how stressful things had been for him with the band so far. He didn't know how long they would be in Toronto, so he would tell himself not to get too attached.

Once the elevator opened, he said, "I get it.", finally responding to Mert's last words before they entered the elevator. "You're allergic to having fun.", He said in a way that once more made it seem like he was joking, but he was really quite serious. Mert would come out of his shell eventually, just like Tanner did at one point. Upon opening the door to the penthouse, however, he froze and his expression went flat at the sight of the decoration choices and lack of sound coming from everyone within. "...Lovely.", He said with absolutely no emotion. He waited for Mert to enter before he closed the door behind them. He took little notice to the unknown sitting next to Law. He was the least of his worries right now. He did take notice to the mountain of alcoholic beverages, however, and he whispered, "...Damn...". So much for his idea to bond with the band. He'd have to come up with a plan B after all.

He passed Tanner and asked, "How's your head?", as he went by, only to pull a spoon from a drawer in the kitchen before he hurried upstairs. He strode into the room he'd taken refuge in the night before and closed the door behind him quite quickly. After changing into more comfortable, casual clothing consisting of a tightly fitting black long sleeve shirt and well-fit black pants, he rummaged through his bag to pull out a little back pouch which he unzipped and folded out. It contained various syringes and other needles and tools that one couldn't name at first glance. He tapped each of the needles before deciding on one and gently taking it from the pouch with a now-shaky hand. He took the bags of white powder and dipped his finger into each of them to taste them, making sure he wasn't about to ruin perfectly good 'sugar' because he mistook it for heroine. He put the first bag into the pouch, neatly rolled up and emptied a bit of the substance in the other bag into the spoon....

A few very short minutes later, he emerged from the room, walking a bit slowly, but he seemed to have himself collected again. He leaned on the guard rail to the stars for a few moments before he walked down them, each step very carefully, but not without grace. He looked up and drew in a breath with a grin, his eyes instantly snapped to the sight of Nova preparing to leave. His eyes squinted at her and he leaned against the wall right next to the closet door after she'd put her flip flops on and now fished for a sweater. She announced she was leaving and he stared at her with a bit of disdain... Or was it something else? "Good idea.", He said, nodding, "I'll go with you. Band members have been disappearing lately, wouldn't want the same to happen to our singer... That, and I'm sure some of you could use a little time away from me.", he looked over pretty much everyone. Again, he didn't even acknowledge the existence of the no-name.

This would give him time to pal up with Nova a bit, it would also give him time to think of his plan B, since he'd been beaten to the punch with the liquor, he could only guess by whom. He opened the door for her and waited for her to exit. "Shall we, then?", He asked with a sly grin.

5,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
|Law Briggs|

User Image
Not moments later did Sebastian enter with Blondie. "Blondie..." Law thought to himself with great effort, for his brain was floating in a pound of whiskey. "********, we left him behind."
He squinted his eyes and examined him up and down. No scratches, bruises, blood, though he did seem kind of frazzled but that's to be expected. Who could spend more than a few minutes with Sebastian Keith: the fire breathing b*****d, and not get singed. Sebastian also seemed out of sorts. Something familiar but Law in his drunken stupor could not put his finger on it.
Sebastian ignored Bucky who had eagerly stood to greet him and Mert. No surprise there. Bucky was surely heartbroken, but he'd bounce back.

Sebastian went up stairs and came back quickly dressed and ready to leave...along with Nova. Law struggled to comprehend what he was seeing and the rage that was filling him. As they were about to leave Law jolted to his feet, successfully elbowing Bucky in the face. Though he sat down immediately. He couldn't understand what came over him. He ran his hand down his face and sighed heavily.
"See ya'." He said almost defeated as he dismissed them with a wave of his hand. In his mind he was being ridiculous. It wasn't his business to interfere and if Nova wanted to spend the evening with that a*****e, then it was her loss. Law tried to convince himself that she deserved any trickery Sebastian had in store for her. That if she fell for any of it than it's her own fault. Law had no reason to protect her and in fact he should be delighted that she'd be out of his sight. Though as hard as he tried to sway his thoughts in that direction, there was a nagging pull at the back of his mind. He continued to tap his foot incessantly.

Buckley Fitzgerald|
User Image
Bucky stood to attention as two newcomers arrived but one seemed to completely ignore his presence. Bucky just assumed that would be the normal reaction by now and sat back down.
"Damn, this place is depressing." He mumbled to himself and he swirled the liquid in his bottle.
Soon enough the man came back downstairs and decided to chaperone the other band mate on her walk. Again the man seemed to look right past him. Before Bucky could feel the ever present sting of rejection, he felt the hard impact of elbow to face as Law unexpectedly jumped up. Bucky held his nose as blood trickled down his face. He hissed in pain. Bucky placed two fingers on each side of the cartilage in his nose. He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes as he snapped the cartilage back into place. With some parting words, Law sat back down.
"Ow ow ow... give me a warning next time!" He whined fully within his right.
"My bad, man. I'm feelin' jumpy...er, somethin'. Not like I haven't broken yer' nose before."
"I remember. That's why it's all impish and cute now~" He said playfully, trying to lift Law's spirits.
"Yeah, yer' nose was pretty hideous before I hit it. All pugish, like a pig's nose." Law recalled.
"Haha yeah, best hospital visit ever."He laughed, taking no offense to Law's words. One of his more positive traits, he was almost impervious to all insults known to man. Which is probably why he and Law got along.
"You should tell me about your band mates since they're not feeling very talkative." He looked around as they partook in alcoholic delights.
"Yeah sure um, that chick's name is Penny. She's our drummer. She's pretty cool, calm and er...quiet. So she's never very talkat--- talkata--- talkater---- she don't talk much." Law struggled with his inebriation as it turned his brain into putty. "Jus' be careful. 'Cause when she's smashed she'll mug ya' at knife point. I know this from experience." Law took another sip.
"Woah, that's cool." Bucky remarked.
"That scruffy haired guy's name is Tango, the bassist. He's kinda....wacky. Brittish and wacky. He'll ramble on forever about nerdy stuff if ya' let him. Closest thing I've got to a friend here. He's usually cool, I guess you just rub him the wrong way." Law spoke honestly.
Bucky couldn't help but notice the word friend. He now mimicked Tango's reaction, narrowing his eyes on the guy. It all made sense now. 'This Tango ******** trying to usurp me and he's got a cooler name than me!" He thought as Law continued.
"Kati is the twelve year old lookin' chick keyboardist around here somewhere...." He looked around but couldn't see her in the immediate area. "She's a lil' ferocious but she's cute. Like a Chihuahua. Watch out, she's pretty flirty but she's taken by Tango." Law had almost spent a week with these people and this all that he had gathered so far.
"What about that brown haired guy?" Bucky inquired.
"Er, that's Keith, I think. Or at least that's his last name. He's a huge arrogant p***k. Ya' know, the usual industry snob. Seems like he gets a hard on by makin' others feel shitty. All I know 'bout him besides his never-endin' quest to feed his own fat ego is that he and Tango have some bad history. All that's a lil' foggy though. Oh n' he's our guitarist." Law summed up his knowledge of the a*****e.
"So he's the SUB of the group?" Bucky asked. It was an old nickname/word they gave to their version of Sebastian. In Human Resources, the bassist was a real stuck up b***h. Stuck up b***h was quickly shortened to SUB, since it was frequently used. What friendship didn't harbor a few inside jokes?
"Hah! Yeah he is! He really really really is." Law laughed.
"Who's the guy he came in with?"
"Blondie... that's not his name but I like it better than his name. It's like Murk, er Mert. I'm not sure what he does. Somethin' about facebook n' twitter. Iunno." Law said scratching at his chin.
"He's pretty sheepish but he's got guts when it counts." He followed.
"Okay, and what about the chick that left with the SUB? She his girl?"
"Pffft no. I mean I don't know. Whatever. She's the co-lead singer. She's a b***h. End of story." Law said all he felt like saying about Nova.
"Um Okaaaaaaay...She have a name?"
"Nova." Law spoke her name quietly and returned to his depressed demeanor. Coincidentally of course. Having nothing to do with bringing up Nova, of course...
Bucky frowned as Law's mood seemed to have shifted back to grim.
"This place is depressing." He repeated. "Why don't we go out on the town? C'mon, ******** this extravagant penthouse! Let's go to a club! I heard what you did to the other one, I figure Toronto could use a few more like it!" Bucky stood up and grabbed Law by the sleeve, pulling him to his feet. He took the bottle of whiskey which Law held on to tightly with his mouth. Eventually Bucky pried it from his jaw's grip.
"Y'all are welcome to come with. It's better than sitting at home drinking in the dark..." Bucky said trying to get them to come.
"It's very well lit in here..." Law corrected, to which Bucky reached over and flipped off a light switch, leaving the room in partial darkness.
"In the dark!" He insisted with more enthusiasm. Hopefully he could help turn this night around.

Witty Humorist

User Image

Murten Ward
Tech Wizard
---------------------------------

Status: " The band's caught some kind of bug. Hope it's not the flu. #hecticglow #sick"

... I'm not allergic to fun. Mert looked down at his shoes in the elevator. He frowned and put his hands in his pocket not saying anything else. He'd been accused of such things before but really! The blond followed the guitarist back to the pent house and after the door was shut behind him Mert watched the guy hurry upstairs probably to take care of the drugs. He didn't know how he should feel about that... Mostly scared. If word got out that he was a junky the crazy junkie would come after him first and well... Mert wasn't good in a fair fight let alone one with a demon like Sebastian.

After taking a couple minutes to go wash his hands in the kitchen Mert came back out to see a sparkling tower of booze! He grinned, couldn't help but really truly grin. The young man glanced around to see a new face too, hanging close to Law, or well he was before he jumped up to run off half the lights. Was he accusing them of being in the dark? What ever. Mert approached the assortment of liquor and found that most of it was pretty quality stuff he picked out a bottle of something pretty that was cherry flavored and poured himself a glass. Once he had a few sips down he turned to look a the new face. The man had handsome and fair skinned, very rock band. the blond took out his phone raising it to snap a shot before up dating a few things. He walked over to sit beside Law hopefully he wasn't taking anyone's spot or getting in the way it was then that he got an update... There would be another musician joining them soon, he had to create her pages and stuff ASAP. Charlie Waters? Oh... She was cute.

Mert finished his drink before pouring himself another...which he finished very quickly. So on drink three he clicked back to the photo of Charlie and wondered what exactly she would be like...

"Law. Introduce me? Who's your friend?"

Mert spoke quietly to the singer and gave him a little hopeful nervous look. The alcohol was starting to have a bit of an affect on him and he leaned in close on Law's arm. Blondie was probably not the best at anything these people cared about but at least he was the sweetest kindest drunk they would ever meet. A drunk Mert was a loving and adorable man.

"Also Charlie's joining the band.Look. look.look. Shes got eyes like... Um. Like the night sky, huge and deep and stary and wide."

Okay so he was a light weight. But he was a nice guy at least. The blond smiled at the new guy as well before looking back to law and showing him the photo of the new girl he had. She had her hair half way up and wore a dark sweater, her eyes were really pretty and she looked cute enough...

| Tango |

User Image
Soon, the band was joined by Mert and Sebastian. Tango smiled at Mert, but gave Sebastian a murderous look, especially after he asked him how his head was. He retorted with a quick, "Go fong ya'self.", and watched him with suspicious eyes as he went up the stairs to the rooms with quite a bit of haste. Nova came down not long after and announced she was going for a walk and maybe a drink. He looked at Mt. Drunken in front of him, the bottles sparkling in the light hanging above, then back at Nova, all before gesturing to the mountain of liquor, implying that she really didn't need to go anywhere at all. Hell, if she wanted to have a bit of alone time he figured she could just run back and forth on the balcony area. He'd done it more than once when no one is around.

Then, Sebastian again. Tango couldn't help but notice his eyes lock onto Nova like a hawk ready to swoop at it's prey and he said he'd go with her. "Oh my, oh no.... Penny, do sumffin', or sumffin'...", Tango said, biting his thumb nail. Nova was a big girl, particularly in the chest area he noticed, and could make her own decisions, but she didn't know Sebastian. Then again, Sebastian didn't know Nova either. She was a pretty kick a** chick and was pretty resistant to nearly everything. His eyes darted back and forth between the two, the mountain of booze and the newcomer. Things just got weirder with the band, it was odd how easily, and often, things could spin out of control.

He tried to put his mind at ease a bit by scuttling over to Mert, Law and Bucky. The lights suddenly went out, however, which instantly prompted Tango to literally dive through the air and behind the couch, shouting, "Shite! It's finally happening!". What he meant could have been anyone's guess, but if anyone knew Tango even a little bit they could piece together that it probably had something to do with their manager, who he was thoroughly convinced was in fact a Terminator. T-800 model, perhaps. The fact that there was no gunfire or explosions for a minute after, however, Tango got up with a stupid look on his face. His glasses had fallen over his eyes after the dive, so they hid his sheepish eyes.

He strode over to Mert and put his arm around his shoulders, looking at his phone. He also took a drink from the bottle he was holding, what was left of it after his spectacular dive, that was. "I love this guy..... Wait.. Wot?", He asked, confused as Mert explained a new band member. "Anothah? Ugghh... We nevah get any warnings on this mess...", He said, rubbing his head. " 'Opefully this one decides to stick about..", He said, finding it a bit difficult to keep formal with a band who was constantly picking up and dropping members. He shot a soft glare at Bucky, however, realizing he was the culprit behind the lights dropping.

"So, Lawrence's besty.", He began, " 'Ow many times has Lawrence saved you from a crazy bloke wiff'a shotgun b'fore throwin' bombs at 'im and operatin' on ya wounds while ya sit in a shoppin' cart?", he tilted his head to the side after the question. If he could say a number higher than one, Tango wouldn't be pleased. Instantly, however, his attention shifted to Mert's hand, which had number scribbled onto it. "Woooooo! Mert got some dige action! Wait, 'ho th'hell's is that? Doesn't mattah, wooooo!", He said, teasing Mert a bit about it. "Mert's gotta ladyyyyyyyfriend! Er-...... ladfriend? What're you bloody even into?", He asked, confused. He'd spotted the boner at Kati, noticed he was shy around the no-named girl at the gig, but then he also apparently made out with him the night before. That thought made his eyes go wide and made him question his own sexuality. "Oh crumbs..", He said, biting his thumbnail again with an intense look on his face.

5,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
|Law Briggs|

User Image
Law fell back into his seat just as Mert came and sat beside him. Law gave a questioning glance to Mert, who he hadn't exchanged very many words with but for some unknown reason sat closely to Law. He scootched a little to the left only to bump into Bucky and soon enough, Tango came to join his claustrophobic threesome.
-Bucky, though defeated in trying to pull the gang from this depressing, and now dark, hole of despair they called a penthouse, couldn't help but smile as Mert asked to be introduced. Seemingly the first person since his arrival to not entirely loath his presence. Bucky sat straight up in his seat, putting on his most practiced sly grin as he eagerly awaited to be introduced.

-It became painfully clear that Law had no intention of introducing him as he continued to wallow in self pity and wade through rivers of alcohol.
- "AHEM!" Bucky cleared his throat angrily as he elbowed Law in his fractured ribs.

"Ow, ******** you, man!" Law hissed as he cradled his ribcage."Barbie, Bucky, Bucky, Barbie. There, ********', introduction complete." Law pointed from one to the other as he gave a half-assed introduction. Mert continued to display a picture of a new band member. Law snarled.
"Yeah pretty, so who's getting replaced this time?" Law asked rhetorically. Doubting Mert had any idea of why people were replaced mysteriously in the night, still. With that in mind, Law couldn't look forward to newcomers.
|Buckley Fitzgerald|

User Image
Bucky listen to Tango, feeling utterly challenged. Sounded like an awesome time! Though Bucky and Law had hundreds of times similar to those, he couldn't help but feel immense jealously that he had missed that single one. Still, Bucky rose to the challenge of Tango's words.
"Never, but how many times have YOU and Law defeated an armada of inter-demensional alien biomorphic cyborg droids, saving the entire dimension from a species that had conquered the rest of the galaxy! Tell me, did you win by fighting through and taking control of one of their communicator bases and rerouting their own telepathically transmitted signals back to the mothership to overload the mother brain with conflicting orders, causing all connected droids to malfunction and turn against themselves, effectively destroying themselves and the motherbrain!?" Bucky became more and more intense as he told the epic tale. "I didn't think so, because that's only what REAL best friends do. They save the world together." Bucky felt successful in trumping Tango, that is until, Law spoke up with his usual response.

Law ran his hand down his face as he waited for Bucky to finish.
"How many times, Bucky...How many times do I have ta' tell ya' "that was just a dream" before you finally believe it!?" Law ran his hand through his hair, having heard this ridiculous story over two hundred times.

[******** you "it was just a dream", that's what they want you to think!"

-Here we go... Law sighed, as he had heard this so many times, it was at the point he could recite it. He moved his mouth along side the words Bucky spoke and even matched his hand gestures, mockingly.

"That's when the governments of the world formed the council of Reconstruction and decided the devastation to the human society could be fixed but the devastation to the human psyche could never be healed, so they wiped our brains through an ultra high frequency noise capable of memory loss. They projected it throughout the planet earth. We were out for an entire year, prior to the three month long invasion! The only reason I could remember through my dreams was that I was wearing one of the droid's helmets. The alien technology partially shielded me from the noise, and allowed me to keep my memories subconsciously. While we were out they reconstructed everything back to the way it was the day before the attack and implanted false memories. The only noticeable change was that we gain and lose a single hour every year so they can cover up one of their miscalculations when they put us all to sleep." Bucky explained with large arm movements and hand gestures.

-"That's ********' daylight savings, Bucky! We've ALWAYS practiced daylight savings. None of that s**t ever happened." Law was fed up and believed Bucky to have the most annoyingly overactive imagination.

"Tch, suuuuuuuuure. Just eat those lies up with a spoon..." He said playing the skeptic of a skeptic.

"You're crazy. Shut up." Law spoke harshly with all seriousness.

"...That's not what you were saying when you were slaughtering biodroids with a plasmachete in the battle of Burchefield."
Bucky mumbled to himself indignantly. He thoroughly believed it happened. He crossed his arms and frowned like an angry child.

Witty Humorist

User Image

Murten Ward
Tech Wizard
---------------------------------

Status: " Law's wielded a Plasmachete against over five dozen aliens before! #soIHear"

Mert smiled when Tango said he loved him. that was really good to hear, sometimes he felt like he was just an annoyance to these guys but Tango liked him at least. The blond nodded when he said that they never got any warning, that was to bad the communication was so broken.... Then he pointed out the numbers on his hand and Mert blushed. Well he pointed out the numbers then asked his sexual preference, a question he hated explaining. The answer was long and complicated so he had to lie to keep himself from looking crazy.

"Uh.. both. I don't know... "

Mert blushed even more and stuck his hand into his pocket along with his phone, his other hand held his cup which he sipped. The alcohol was making his touchy and he leaned into Law a little more, closing the slight gap that had been between them. The thing was that sober Mert was pretty straight, not one hundred percent but mostly but a drunk Mert was gay. Really really gay too not just kind of gay. The blond finished his fourth drink and he was officially drunk. The kid smiled when he was introduced to Bucky. Sure his new nick name was Barbie but it suited him so he went with it.

"It's great to meet you Bucky. I like your name."

Mert listened to the man rant of about aliens or something and laughed.. He was clever. Mert word give him that when he said Plasmachete the kid almost died it was ingenious why had he never heard that word before.

"Wow... You guys must have such a rich history, I'd love to hear about it."

Barbie shifted to lean against Tango and looked up into his eyes. Mert's cheeks were rosy and his eyes had the smallest hint of a glaze, he reached out to touch the man's hair gently.... And he couldn't stop himself from talking.

"You guys forgot me... I had to walk back with Sebastian it was terrifying. Did you know that he's a heroin addict? I didn't but then again... And he's so mean!"

Mert poured himself another drink, drunk off cherry liquor. Classy man he was.

Aged Prophet

9,575 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ ɸ ~NovA FlyNn~ ɸ ~

ɸ Song of the Week: Champagne Showers ɸ

User Image

Nova zipped up the sweater and looked over to see the person who was accompanying her. Great the Sebastian guy wanted to join Nova on her bit of alone time. “anyone else wanna join” the sarcasm in her voice was obvious. So what if band members had a history of disappearing, chances of it happening to Nova was limited. She hadn't done anything to piss off UEG... At last she hoped. Besides Law as also a singer and he was doing better than Nova. Her first performance was the worst of her life. “Yeah, whatever” she said in response to Sebastian tagging along. Why was it that the rest of the band had sometime away from him and she got suck with him.

The door slammed a bit as Nova left. Rather than taking the terrifying elevator that had gotten suck the last time they had used it Nova decided to take the stairs and for a girl wearing flip-flops she managed to get to the lobby fairly quickly. She pull the hood of the sweater over her head and manged to sneak past the glaring eyes of the staff of the hotel. Finally she made it outside. The next question was to wait for Sebastian or not. If she didn't then she could do what she wanted, have a drink, go for a long walk or go for a long walk with a beer. Than again she could wait for him, that had some benefits as well right. “******** it” Nova waited for Sebastian to catch up with her.
| Tango |

User Image
As Bucky assaulted Tango with one of the most glorious stories he'd ever heard in his entire short life, his confident expression faded ever so slowly until it got to the point where, if he were any less of a man, his brain would have gone into complete neural lock down stasis while lightning bolts bounced through his nervous system back and forth around his skull, and it looked like he should have been foaming at the mouth. One of his eyes was twitching, his mouth hung slightly agape and his upper lip also twitched a bit. "A.... Agah... Agha gha.... Humina humina humina....", Was all he could manage for a fair bit. That sure was something best friends would do... Until he seemed to snap back into reality and shout, "That's the bloody ending to Mass Effect you t**t!", with a fair bit of confidence up until the next bit.

The next bit put Tango back into the state he was in with the first section of the story. His hands clenched into fists and he bit his lip. A hissing sound, "Fffffffff....", was emanating from him and only seemed to grow louder as time went on. "FFFFFFFFFFFFF.......", Finally, with the raise of his finger and an action pose, Tango snapped, "Yeah?! Wull Lawrence and I were trapped in an elevatah by a bloody Terminatah and Satan 'erself! And we were stark with two babes at the same bloody time!", he ripped his glasses off only to replace them for no apparent reason, his confidence building, and just as Bucky did, he got more intense as his story went on, "B'fore that, we were at a bar somewheres, we played a rad show an' started a huge bloody fight th't s'ploded int'a rioting. Burned down a fourth o'bloody Toronto, it did! I stole a bloke's shoes! Which I seemed t'misplace... And apparently Lawrence stole a baby!".

"Wait... You b'lieve we're in th' Matrix too!?"
, He shouted suddenly, but then, Mert. He was being a little fruity, but that was okay with Tango. He was straight, but he was cool with Mert being homo around him. That, and they made out. The evidence was in fact. He hoped, however, Kati wouldn't get jealous.. Speaking of, where was Amy? "Ahhhhh, close.", He said, cocking his head back a bit, his face also turning a bit red when Mert reached for his hair. No erection. This was a good sign.. "Eh... Sorry, mate... I was kinda.. 'Ad me shite kicked in at the time.", He said, scratching the back of his head. But then he mentioned something about Sebastian and drugs. "....Wot?", Was all Tango could muster.
| Sebastian |

User Image The displeasure in Nova's voice was evident, but she just needed to wind down. It was no surprise as to why. He shot a malicious grin at Law over his shoulder before following Nova out the door, which she slammed quite impressively behind them before trotting off to the stairs. Shame. He was hoping to catch her in the elevator. Would have been a nice place to... Get to know one another. He followed behind her at a brisk pace, keeping his eyes locked on her, making note of her movements and body language. Stressed, yes, but he'd seen worse and certainly been through worse. He figured if she'd just run up and down the stairs a few times she'd feel right as rain, but she had more on her mind.

He gave those behind the service desk a certain look, and they didn't glare back at him, oddly enough. Probably because he gave each of them wondrous cash tips in exchange for certain... Privileges and information. All the same, he was surprised to see that Nova appeared to be waiting for him. It seemed she actually wanted company after all. This, he wasn't surprised over. Getting laughed off stage would do damage to anyone, and it didn't hurt to have some form of companionship to get through it. He strode out and he said, "Well, well. Something seems to be weighing quite heavily on your mind.".

He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. He offered one to her, unsure if she was a smoker or not, but did so nonetheless. Had she accepted, he would have lit one for her. He took a long breath, filling his lungs with fire before breathing it out, as if it were normal air. "So.. I imagine that would have been your first time on stage?", He asked, looking over at her as they made their way away from the hotel. "Or... First time on stage in front of that many people..?", He corrected, shrugging, "I can't blame you. It was the first professional performance for the band. A lot was riding on it.".

He took another puff and went on, "But. You need to remember. You aren't the only member of the band. You aren't the only one who slipped up.", the whole time he spoke, smoke came from his mouth. When it stopped, he took another puff. "A band is symbiotic. You live together. You breathe together. If one of you goes down, you all go down together. You're not alone in that feeling. Don't act like you are.", He stopped and pointed with two fingers, which had his cigarette between them, at the top floor of the now-distant hotel where the penthouse was. His eyes were locked on hers. "Everyone in there is wallowing in self pity and loathing over this, but you're the only one who is putting all of the weight on your own shoulders. Don't.", He put the cigarette back between his lips and put his hands in his pockets, walking again.

Aged Prophet

9,575 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ ɸ ~NovA FlyNn~ ɸ ~

User Image

Something was obviously weighting on her shoulders, Sebastian had a talent for stating the obvious. Though she wasn't about to tell him that the reason that her failure was due to the fact that her parents, her number one supporters and the only people she wanted to impress was not their. They didn't really want her to be a musician anyways. A Broadway, now that was something that they were looking for but a rock musician, that was defiantly something they didn't want in the family. Maybe that was why they went to the fashion show and not her performance. Great, now all Nova wanted to do was punch something hard, to bad the closest thing around was Sebastian.

Nova put her hand up indicating that she didn't want a smoke, it wasn't very lady like to smoke. Nova hands shoved into the pockets of the sweater. Starting to walk down the Toronto Street and dodging the on coming traffic made it impossible for Nova to keep her head down. Nova was making her way to the bar, club, place they had ventured to on the first night they arrived in Toronto. Hopefully they would let her in after the show that Tango and Law put on. Causing a riot in the heart of Toronto. She listened as Sebastian try to analyze her. “ That wasn't my fist time on stage or in front of that many people. She didn't really want to say anything but she guess some small talk might have some benefits. “I thought you had all of our files... I figured you'd know the background the bands” a bit of a snippy comment that she probably should correct. “Sorry, I've done performances since well high school at least, anything before that was juvenile.” Walking down the street a random guy bummed into Nova, they shot each other a tense glare before continuing on. “Beside wants the matter with me putting the blame on myself. At least I own up to my mistakes, I work through them, Though I prefer to do it alone. I don't throw the blame on to someone else, especially someone who had no control over what happened” there was a little stab at how he had handled the failure by blaming it all on the Devil Women.
| Sebastian |

User Image Sebastian took her chiding quite well. He hummed and stopped for a moment to glare at the man who bumped into Nova, but continued on with her after. "Your files told me about your personalities and what was known about your careers. High school shows are not a part of a career.", He said, matter-of-factly. "True. You may be able to own up to your mistakes, your shortcomings, and you may want to handle it alone. But. I can tell you from experience that it isn't the best idea. Especially when you have to live with that lot.", He explained, referring to the band at the end, "I tried shutting everything out. Shutting everyone out. All at the beginning of my career. Much like yourself.".

He lit another cigarette after flicking the butt of his previous into the street. "I lost a lot because of it. My band fell apart. I lost my best friend... I gained resolve and fame in exchange. So ask yourself. Would you rather have people you can lean on when you need them, or fame? Fortune? The spotlight?", It may have been odd for someone to hear Sebastian trying to give honest advice. While the band probably saw him as some kind of music troll who lived under the staff bridge, some cold, heartless beast who thrived on beating everyone down around him, he was not without intelligence or sense. "You can't have your band hating you.", He said after removing the new cigarette from his lips, "You're going down a dark path. Believe me. Hell, even Briggs decided to stay with the band instead of going on some journey of self discovery like you're doing. Because he knows the value of the band. He knows what it's like to fall and feel like there is nothing that can go right. I don't like the son of a b***h one bit, but I have to have respect for him for learning the lessons he has.". He shook his head and smoke came from his nostrils.

"So, what happens, Nova, the day you realize the band is there to support you and because you reject them like this, they don't think you need it anymore when you really need it more than ever?", He asked, glancing over at her with a quirked eyebrow. He wanted to ignore the bit she threw in at the end, but he couldn't do that. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the case that contained an engagement ring; Natasha's, in fact. He stared at the case, keeping it closed for a bit. "You refer to Natasha. You can think you know all you want. The fact remains, had she done the job she was assigned instead of wasting all of her time with her personal life, things may have gone just a bit differently.", He pocketed the case again and added, "But.. I suppose some of you have grown close through the screw ups you've found yourselves in. The fact that bonds have been formed is something, I suppose. Not that Natasha planned on any of that.".

Wry Associate

17,850 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
✗♬Miss PennyLane♬✗

User Image
Penny took another swig from the vodka she had grabbed then slowly looked back when Nova came back down declaring to go for a walk. Sebastian offered to go along too...Tango asked if Penny could help with the situation. She opened her mouth to speak "I don't think-" She began but then Nova agreed. Rather aggressively but...It was too late the door was slammed behind the two.

Penny waved to Bucky once Law introduced her. Then she listened to Bucky with a confused and interested look as he started his 'amazing' story about him and Law. She quirked an eyebrow as he got more and more intense with it almost to the point of being obnoxious. Tango retorted with their elevator exploit.
"That is true...in a sense." She added after Tango finished.

Then the lights were off. What was this drugs?
"You mean to say Nova went on a walk with a drug addict." She said firmly looking to Mert who seemed to get more and more homo with alcohol. Penny now stood eyes still on Mert. Part of her wanted it to be a joke; but this was something he better not be lieing about.

Aged Prophet

9,575 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ ɸ ~NovA FlyNn~ ɸ ~

User Image

“I was in more than high school performances, I was an airline ticket away from Broadway” she whispered. Nova listened more to what Sebastian had to say, though he was intelligent and had experience he was not better than anyone of them. He was in the same situation. Taken from his band and thrown into their. Suddenly Nova stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Sebastian. The anger that she normally felt towards Law as now being directed towards Sebastian. She did her tradition finger point stance with the other hand in her pocket. “Don't pretend to understand me Sebastian. Don't pretend to understand any of us. Her voice was a little raised that caused people to stop momentary and look at what was happening. “I'm not on a path for the fame and fortune. I have that already. I am actually her for the music. Surprised? Thru is you and I are not as alike as you might want to believe.” wait did he even say that they were the same, it didn't matter now Nova was mad and she was going to vent a little and try to set this narcissist straight. “Other than Law, I wouldn't say that the band hates me. Just because I am not getting all mushy with Penny, Tango, Kati doesn't mean that I don't care and it doesn't mean that Law. I needed some time to myself to work things out. You have only been in the house for what 12hours? And you already think you know us. The smoking was getting irritating as well. He was going though more smoke than Law. “The only reason Law decided to stay was because there was a pile of alcohol there and that random friend. If you hadn't decided to tag along with me I am betting that he would have” “and I bet there would have been a lot less conversation to worry about”. Her voice was fairly loud now which was attracting a lot of attention. “I know the band is there for support and they will be there with I need them. I just don't need them right now!”

Nova turned away from Sebastian and continued down to the bar which was only about a block away now. “ I don't care whether she did what she was supposed to or not. Everyone had a personal life that need to be dealt with sometimes it takes more time than we'd like.” Nova walked in silence for a few steps. “I think you should give that ring back it looks expensive. Plus if we have it... you have it than it's just one more thing for her to get made at.
| Sebastian |

User Image Of course she would have snapped at him. She needed to let it out anyways. He flicked the cigarette away and resisted the urge to blow smoke in her face to shut her up, but he stared at her with a poker face and let her spill her guts. Though he hadn't been around the band that long, he knew all he needed to know about each of them. After she'd turned around he let the last of the smoke out of his lungs. "Tsk. No?", He responded only to the final bit about the ring. For now. "I happen to think it's quite amusing when she is mad. She seems to think she has this authority over us that she doesn't have. Also, exactly. You don't care what she was supposed to do. None of you did. And apparently you didn't care about what you were supposed to do until the literal very last minute either.. I can go on all night about what should and what shouldn't. We can fight, or we can try to be friends for an hour or two.", He explained as they were coming upon a bar. This was what she was obviously heading for. Taking initiative, he strode ahead of her and opened the door for her. "Band talk is the last thing any of you need tonight anyways.", He added.

When she entered, he glared at a few gentlemen giving her certain looked, but followed after her without disturbing anyone... Yet, anyways. He hummed at the place. He forgot how backwater smaller bars were. Crummy music playing, cigarette smoke adding a certain haze to the air, and a scent that he actually rather enjoyed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff