What are the old ways? 0.4125 41.2% [ 33 ]
Wait, original HvM content? 0.2625 26.2% [ 21 ]
Stay as is. 0.325 32.5% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Castiel Novak
kaitykawaii
PainLord Mercer
kaitykawaii

((OOC: Glad to see the Queen of Ice is still kicking, been a long time. A really long time. I dare say that your beloved city might struggle with getting their head wrapped around the new Era, the Hierarchy etc. I look forward to seeing what you and Castiel bring to the table. Me and Steve will undoubtedly, mingle with your new cast. twisted ))

{[ As far as I'm concerned, Yukimachi lay in ruins after years and years of decay and neglect and The Ice Queen is in a "stasis" (I would say dead completely, but Jer says that's 'not the right word' u.u; Hes a snob.) If I continue, I have different plans for Sera. This was mostly out of severe senioritis and an intense desire to not do my homework, haha. I'm sure you'll hear from my beloved King later today xD ;D ]}

[ Literally 5 minutes later ]

{[ And ignoring my facebook messages..... >.> Rude, hmpf. }]

Dapper Grabber

kaitykawaii

Castiel Novak

(( Got to play hard to get, just how it is. I'll be roleplaying my lesser characters with your new toons, the bigger guys are sorta saving the Entirety. It's a little OP. I may introduce Punk Hazard for you guys, or some others i have. ))
kaitykawaii
PainLord Mercer
kaitykawaii

((OOC: Glad to see the Queen of Ice is still kicking, been a long time. A really long time. I dare say that your beloved city might struggle with getting their head wrapped around the new Era, the Hierarchy etc. I look forward to seeing what you and Castiel bring to the table. Me and Steve will undoubtedly, mingle with your new cast. twisted ))

{[ As far as I'm concerned, Yukimachi lay in ruins after years and years of decay and neglect and The Ice Queen is in a "stasis" (I would say dead completely, but Jer says that's 'not the right word' u.u; Hes a snob.) If I continue, I have different plans for Sera. This was mostly out of severe senioritis and an intense desire to not do my homework, haha. I'm sure you'll hear from my beloved King later today xD ;D ]}

{{Um, maybe this is old news, but didnt Yukimachi sorta....get erased by that implosion bomb?}}
PainLord Mercer
I'm me. Well. I'm Matt. You know. Big Woop. wait. Um...anticlimatic huh? Or Am I Him? Bwahahahahahah

Khaoticsin

Kaimyou

Zieg Wolfblade

Jacob smiled so smoothly even he was aware how Vile-like it unnervingly was. Leonard would have so enjoyed this reunion, he thought to himself, though he was sure his enemy read those surface thoughts. Good, because then he can read the next one and scramble like mad to see if I am bluffing.

"There is a certain specific signature energy that differentiates you Grim-folk from those of our realm. I do not need to necessarily understand all of its subtleties, but I did need to quickly isolate and develop a means to track it since you starting spilling in like roaches. As poor Theodore discovered." He said aloud eyeing the surprised crowd with his authoritative and cocky air.

"A particular vibrational frequency that a certain strain of bio-coagulating macrovirus airborn virus can be tailored to seek out and infect with some clever NEST-based nanite grafting." His smile grew even wider.

Withdrawing something from his utility belt he waved a small phial in his fingers. It was labeled in small print and serial numbers LOVEJOY T. "I left my Nero Kaiser battle armor in your primary hall..." Dramatically he paused his eyes rolling across the crowd,"...which conveniently has been expelling the blood-born pathogen into your air vents used to circulate the stale air through the bunker's main exiting port. Those of you who are stronger in will power or can manipulate your biology may have a fighting chance..."

An old man collapsed by Jacob's side coughing as his veins grew dark. His eyes bloodshot. "However I suspect, old friend, that your weaker Grimlore vermin may have a problem with my pets."

He rolled up both of his sleeves revealing several small bruises along his wrists. "Interestingly enough I seem to have infected myself with them to the point of saturation, as they also have been a convenient means to increase my neurotransmitters to more effectively run the armor that Jonathan Gard so conveniently left for me to exploit. My skin, blood, my very flesh is death to any Grim who touches me.."

He pointed to Draygon atop the balcony. "The antidote is safely secured away in a special vault and is fast acting. Provided of course most of my defense platform out in the is intact. Your cure ladies and gentlemen, may very well be at the bottom of the Crazy Black."

He pulled open his tunic and exposed a bright medallion hanging around his neck. "And this little gem Draygon I saved for you and Dylan Smith, in case he came after it. Foolishly enough he sent his monster grown from my beloved's raw DNA instead to retrieve the dreaded EYE OF ODIN. Hence the rumbling and screams coming from the other room behind me." He gestured backwards.

"Now, tell your people to let me pass, those who are strong enough now that the virulent is no doubt filling this room." More coughs and wheezes as a few others started looking nervous, checking their skin and looking at each other's eyes. "I have a proposal to ensure we both survive this. I've hurled my gunship at your little antfarm. My molecular-dephasing plasma energy brewing in what remained of poor Theo. Your air poisoned with a Grim-targeting cyber-netic virus. And advanced technology at my disposal you have not even conceived despite your well place spies and technicians who stuck out like sore thumbs but I let play. Trust me, Old Friend, I have far worse ready to rein upon you if you do not at least consider my counsel. Don't forget whose mentor I had. Does your chest still ache four inches from your little ticker? My, my Justicar was a fun endeavor wasn't she?"

All the while he was grandstanding, approaching the balcony slowly with each step sending paranoid Grims to part away, he felt a strangeness in his own body. His confidence was partially for show, but there was an odd sense of...validation of authority brewing in his mind and cells. He could feel more than just their eyes on him. He could feel the very energy of their fear.
Kitsune Kage Tsume
::gentle whisper with knife behind her back:: Um, Still waiting Nero...

Silver Shade, that is, the sliver of his soul awareness within her powerful mind felt the pull of Abyssin near as well. As she crossed the threshold through the strange archway that had been spilling Hastur's now unbound influence into Odyssia's realm, Underverse mixing with Universe, they found themselves surrounded by a dark-mist filled chamber. Below plumes of smoke and the intense infernal heat of magma flows and desert bedrock illuminated from the exposed lava pits sent an orange-pink glow which was snuffed the higher up into the odd massive clock-work cavern one would look.

All around gears turned and churned, glowing symbols etched into them and the faint whispering of souls consumed over the centuries all feeding into the black anvil-shaped object in the center of the lowest level. Above a fair-haired woman with white skin marked with black veins was grasping a black ornate sinister looking ancient hammer which had a presence of its own, a powerful psychic pressure that almost outforced any other energy around. She seemed to be the heart of this storm of living darkness which was spreading throughout the Forge and up into the exposed desert sky above.

Just meters away the blue-crystalline glow of Zayl was poking in the darkness, his demonic winged monstrous form trying to escape the tendrils and the massive black-hand cloud closing in around him. Even further above the faint glint off the bow of a strange sky-bound craft shimmered.

The voice of awareness within El's thoughts cried out from Silver Shade. "The Fallen Yukito Traveler Abyssin is aboard that airship. Along with Khalell's key-staff Song of Triumph. Release me, give me flesh once again and I shall help you claim it!"
Nerokizur

{{Um, maybe this is old news, but didnt Yukimachi sorta....get erased by that implosion bomb?}}
[[ Kaity is the original owner of Yukimachi, she writes the lore. Also, in ancient times my old character Crosis sealed the old Yukimachi inside it's own dimension and put an extremely realistic and potent illusion in it's place. With Kaity's return to writing lore, the real Yukimachi has returned from the dimension it was sealed in wink ]]

As the morning sun broke through the blinds in a run down room of a local inn, one could see a fair pale skinned man, about 27 years of age, tossing and turning under the covers in his bed. His face clenched in terror, an exasperated gasp broke out as he suddenly sat upright, baring his nude well toned upper torso. His short snow-white hair was messy and unkempt, light dark bags under his eyes would show his apparent lack of sleep. He muttered to himself 'It's not real, it's just a nightmare....it's just a nightmare.'

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he slowly opened them, revealing his silvery blue eyes. Like deep pools of knowledge they shone bright before blinking and rubbing them once more to dislodge a stuck fragment of crust.

"Ugh, waking up this early sucks." He yawned softly as be swung his legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood up, revealing his nude frame. The blankets fell off and onto the floor as he stretched to limber up for the coming day.

Still seemingly exhausted, he began to walk towards the door, still very nude. It appeared as though he didn't have a suitcase nor any sort of personal effects. So why was he headed towards the door? Surely he knew what would ensue if he opened the door......well he did it anyways. As the door opens a flash of light blitzed around him with a metallic clink. Waitresses in the inn and the barkeep looked up at him and quickly breathed a sigh of relief. Lo and behold, he was fully clothed in black and blue attire made from the finest quality threads. Stretching once more a half cocked smile appeared on his face as the barkeep, In a deep gravelly and almost southern accent, the yells up at the man "Well sonny, yer damn lucky ya didn't forget now eh?" The man looks down at himself then back to his surroundings "Yeah, didn't want to burst out of my room nude again, especially with guests this time." he said with a half chuckle.

The barkeep slowly shakes his head, stifling a laugh as the man made his way downstairs. "Sleep well sonny?" he inquires with a raised brow. The man shakes his head from side to side, "Nightmares, again keeps me from having a good sleep." he sighs slightly, shaking his head from side to side. "Sorry to hear, what'll it be?" The keep asks as he turns and starts wiping down glasses. "Double whiskey." he says as the barkeep shakes his head. "Not so early in the mornin boy, you need some food." The man shakes his head and firmly places his hand on the counter, "Double Whiskey" The keep places the glass on the counter and picks up a rather large knife pats the dull of the blade against his palm with a raised brow, the you gonna act like a b***h you gonna get cut like a b***h expression. "...and a side of bacon." The keep smiles and says, "Good nuff lad." He pours the man his double whiskey and slides it over to him. With a single touch, from the man, the glass frosts and the drink is instantly at 36F, perfect drinking temperature. Downing it, he doesn't even wince, slamming the glass down on the counter and tapping the rim, signifying another round. Before the keep can comment the man speaks. "It's the only medicine I have against the nightmares, so please, deal it out." The keep turns, shakes his head and sighs, pitying the man who's only escape is liquor.

[Yes, just like the avi]

Dapper Grabber

Nerokizur

Khaoticsin

Kaimyou

Zieg Wolfblade

User Image
The EYE of the Odin is the Thrill of the Fight
Well played...

Draygon instantly went quiet, his head looking down but sorta blankly as he watched his army slowly weaken by one single man. This was fight was played out differently in his head, not Vile nor Mercer or even Dylan would have done such a thing. This Jacob however, does not play by the rules. He should have suspected something like this, in truth this was revenge to what he did to his Ex boyfriend of sorts. Everything was happening so fast, alot of the smaller grims were coughing and spluttering while the stronger ones tried standing their ground. However there was a few things that maybe Jacob didn't realize.

"The eye of Odin huh?"

Matthew and or Draygon. What was the name of this man truly? Jacob was about to find out, maybe Draygon did underestimate him. However Jacob would soon realize he underestimated his own plans.

"Why don't you back up your confidence with a little more action rather then talk?"

Draygon put his hands together and cracked them, gently he stood up on the edge of the podium railing and looked down at Jacob, his hood pulled up over his mask. The robe flailed as a slightly bit of energy flowed from within it.

"Did you ever think Mr Reynolds, that while you can eat away at the grims, Singularities like you and me aren't harmed? Another strange fact that you may have forgotten. We aren't the only singularities in this room."

"Correct!"

User Image

While Jacob was distracted with Draygon's chit chat and confident that the attack had everyone but themselves tied down, Patches made her move. From Jacobs own shadow her hands came twirling out elegantly along with her head that was smirking moments before she threw five needles with a strange Dark string of energy attached and threaded to each one. Without his armor they managed to pierce his skin quite easily.

"...AHHH!!! ah ah ah ah ah. Don't you even dare make a single move. Touch that EyE and I'll make yourip out your own intestines and choke yourself with them."

"I see you've met my lovely assistant!"

"Indeed he has. DROP IT. NOW MR REYNOLDS."

"I'd do what she says, you know I still feel for you however. Mr Reynolds. It was quite wrong of me to do what I did to your lover in the past. Maybe you don't care no more but I say he had it coming... as for your what? Justicar? Justicunt? I have no idea what your even talking about. "

Draygon sighed and then smirked looking up at the giant ceiling above them then to the wall behind.

"....I am actually really impressed. That a single human could do such a thing... I mean obviously you and I are alike alongside patches. Us human Singularities must stay together. Do you not agree?.......do you not see what I'm trying to create? Kick over the EyE. I think... I think I will take you up on your offer. Implying.... that you work for me."

Draygon jumped down of the podium now and moved his hands out slightly telling the Grims to back up a little leaving the three of them with a bit of space. Jacob, Draygon and Patches now stood in a little bit of an old western like showdown.

Upon completing his 'meal' of bacon and lots of whiskey, the keep spoke up to the obviously intoxicated man. "Oh yeah, this letter came for yah. It was addressed to your room numbah." The man reached out and grabbed the letter, opening the wax seal on the back. Pulling the folded note out of the envelope, he spread it out on the table infront of him. The letter was blank but a odd energy was coming off it and the man was seemingly reading it. His eyes grew wide and he spun round on his chair and looked towards the door of the inn and muttered the words. "Material Plane, Necropolis, ANADORIA." The man seemed to be in shock as thogh he knew of the place. He stood up with grim determination, ready to brace the journey. He walked to thr door of the inn and opened it to reveal a portal depicting a snow covered northern city, small in size, presumably a few hundred miles from his end destination. Before stepping through the portal he thought to himself 'There's something I need to see with my own two eyes before I head to Necropolis....I just HAVE to know if it's real.'

------Some Time Later------

On a regularly calm night a sudden chill sets over the town, windows frosting lightly as a light wintery breeze floats through the air. The wind began to charge with a great energy as the lamps downtown flicker lightly while a small portion of the air seemingly begins to to twist and distort in a nine foot by three foot oval. A faint static tone could be heard emitting from the space that was being distorted as a seam appeared in the center of the distorted area, joining the top and bottom. Slowly two sets of fingers began to poke through the seam, the static tone grew louder and louder into an audible humming as whatever was behind this spacial rend 'pulled back the curtains' so to say to rip a portal open. Inside the humming mass a endless sphere of clear silvery sky, both above and below coukd be seen. Large tube-shaped clouds slowly coil into the distance, some appearing like thunder heads, others looking like immobile tornadoes of gray wind as erratic whirlpools of color flicker in midair like spinning coins. This place was the space between all planes, the astral plane.

Slowly out stepped a tall man, he appeared completely unarmed, no weapons nor armor. He was roughly six foot tall, his build would indicate he would weigh roughly about one hundred and eighty pounds. He was dressed head to toe in black clothing of only the finest materials with dark blue, silver, gold metals and the occasional sapphire as accents. He had a very fair face, although one might say his complexion was pale and 'icey'. His steel blue eyes seemed to focus into a piercing gaze as he looked around the town. Bringing one of his gloved hands up to his face he stroked his chin lightly as the portal behind him slammed shut with an abrupt 'fizz' and the spacial rend dissipated allowing the air to calm down and return to normal. The man's short snow-white hair wisped softly in a gentle breeze. As he exhaled, his breath was frosted. "Hmm, a tad on the warm side." he softly muttered to himself in an almost gravely voice, just a touch on the soft side.

Spotting an inn, a half-cocked grin spread across his face. He methodically walked over to the door and grabbed the metal handle, that too frosting over slightly. He sighed as he closed his eyes for a second, attempting to regulate his body temperature. The handle immediately defrosted, he smiled and opened the door. Walking in he looked around, surveying the establishment. Noticing the inn's bar was fairly busy he smiled, shut the door softly and headed on over to the bar.

He took a seat front and center and spoke up. "Barkeep! I'll have a double whiskey, no need for the rocks and," his stomach let out a low grumble. "...whatever the daily food special is." he didnt really ask in the nicest tone, almost as though it were an order from a superior. The keep seemed slightly miffed that this young buck would just pop in out of no where, freeze then defrost his door handle , oh yes, he saw those shenanigans, and boss him around in a tone like that. Just as soon as the keep was about to give the man a verbal lickin' the man pulled out a small pouch from inside his belt, and placed it on the counter, not gold but mithril coins spilling out the top. "This should be sufficent for rounds for the entire bar for the night correct?" the man stated calmly, apparently he was in pretty good and generous mood. The barkeep's jaw dropped, stunned by the sheer amount of wealth the man tossed around like it was pocket change. Shaking his head up and down the keep nodded and collected the coins, being careful not to drop a single one before disappearing into the back room.

The man turned around on his stool looking out over the bar with a cocky smile sitting on his face.

Dapper Grabber

User Image
Tango Time
Freebie Fridays at the Local Clam

It didn't really matter where you walked in the North. It all looked the same. The god damn same. From the frozen rivers to the snow covered tree's and even the icy rock terrain that reached from one side of Anadoria leading way up north towards the old Mercaerus Empire and it's hunting grounds. The North was well known for it's constant battles and torn wars of the past, Necropolis and Yukimachi particularly in the recent years from what was told in the briefings.

Finally...

A man that seemed to not be a local journeyed down an icy mountainside path towards a small little town of unknown origins. He was making his way toward Necropolis on this journey but was relived to find a small town he could get some R and R at. Maybe a feed? maybe a bonk?

"....What do you mean?"

It would seem to anyone in town as he just entered the town that he was talking to himself, however there was a voice on the other end of his communication systems. Relaying information back and forth to one another was two important members of Alphanumeric.

Romeo and Tango.

What I mean is that its still here. Like literally I'm walking through the streets now, here i'll send a quick screen snap.

User Image

".....what the ********? are you sure your in Yukimachi? What the god damn ******** is going on? I watched that city implode with my own eyes."

Yeah well this Yukimachi city isn't like the old one. It seems... outdated. Ancient as all ********. I mean I am the only one here from what I can tell as well. It's just so dead, sorta creepy... like a possessed ghost town... Listen i'm going to check it out a little more, how far away are you from Necropolis?

Tango stopped to look around at some of the people staring at him. He then scratched the back of his head. Shrugging he then jumped a little as he saw a bar ahead called ' The Local Clam '. A sign nearby on the wall said 'Spam free since 2010'.

"...Err pretty far, I may have to stop in the next town for some supply refills and to rest up. Need to conserve as much energy for the predicted situation. I think Delta is making his move. I guess being in Yukimachi you won't be able to make it here yourself right?"

Probably not no. I'm sure you'll be fine without me, also let Draygon know about my current situation when he arrives, he should be making his way there soon. I havent heard much intel on the current situation. All right i'm out. I'll relay anything out of the ordinary back to you if I survive. If its important. In real time.

"Yeah roger that, over and out. Watch your back."

Tango disconnected the line and stretched his arms outward to his sides and puffed his chest up a little cracking his neck. He could hear alot of people cheering as if someone paid for all the drinks for the night. Hah! wouldn't that be great?

"....Oh."

Someone actually did. A man sitting over at the bar faced the rest of the local drinkers with a smirk, they them-self actually cheered out and danced on the tables getting what they would call 'maggot'.

".....I take it that the free drinks are for everyone? even for the late arrivals?"

Tango looked left and right at the people who were either ignoring him because they were too drunk to notice or stepping back from the sheer creepiness of his appearance. Honestly it was hard to tell if it was a mask or his actual face under that hood. Keeping their distance it seemed he didn't want to cause trouble. Instead he walked over to the bar and tapped his hand twice.

"Black Kraken Spiced Rum, on the rocks please. Drop a splash of lime in it for me too. Cheers."

Noticing the newcomer, the man shrugged to himself "Yeah, even late guys drinks are on me, shoulda been enough in that pouch to be prepaid to the end of the year." He laughed heartily as cheers echoed through the bar. If the newcomer was paying close attention he would be able to make out the gold, silver and sapphires adorning this generous man's outfit...oddly enough the palace of Yukimachi was encrusted with such same quality items, heck the palace itself was solid pure marble.

The keep returned with the man's drink as wellnasnthe newcomer's and slid the drinks to them. Turning to the white haired man the keep speaks up "No rocks aye?" the keep just confirming the order. "Whiskey never has a set of rocks up here." The man jeered, elbowing the person closest to, oddly enough being the newcomer in a playful manner. As the man touched the glass it frosted instantly, no trace of magic could be detected when the action happend. Was the man just naturally THAT cold!? With a quick tilt, the man downed his drink without wincing and tapped the top for a refresher. "Ah nothin like an ice cold drink without the dilution of water." he said with a grin on his face. "So, what brings you into town, business or.pleasure? Maybe both?" the man joked as he tried to start up a conversation with the newcomer.

Whatever it was, something seemed quite odd about the man, his clothes although made with modern high quality materials were crafted in an almost ancient runic style, like something out of a history book. But there was no way a man appearing to be no older than 27 would have any kind of knowledge about that. As far as anyone could tell the guy was merely human, although his tolerance to liqour seemed to be something else.

Dapper Grabber

Tango nodded to the barkeep for the drink and then held it high toward the generous man whom purchased it, a slight tip of the glass to show his thanks. The gems on his attire made tango slightly smirk knowing that he was obviously of royal and or noble blood. The frosty touch put him off slightly as he seemed to lower a brow at the act.

"...Lucky I drink rum and not whiskey ehh?"

He turned around and took a small mouthful unlike the noble whom down the entire whiskey straight. Definitely a seasoned drinker no doubt. His mind raced back to the glass. Tango could tell he wasn't human despite his appearance. At least not 100 percent, if there was not even an ounce of magical residue from the frosting of the cup then it might have been tech based.

Reminds me of Sierra.

He thought about one of his comrades who used an icy element in combat. Though this guys ability seemed a little more subtle, he doubt Sierra could pull off such a hidden and gentle strike like this one. Which made him think about himself. Could this noble also be maybe just rich? an assassin perhaps much like himself?

"....I actually am here for both reasons. Well not here. I'm just passing on through town to get to business, thought I'd stop for some pleasure along the way. Though this town is quite small, yet a hardy bunch to be living in such a frozen terrain. Not to mention the wildlife is the most vicious in the north."

Tango swelled his glass and took another sip.

"....not quite to the level of pleasure that the rest here seem to indulge in. I got to keep my head on straight. I assume you heard about the attack on Yukimachi a few days back. Apparently according to my sources. Which I'm sure the whole of Anadoria will know soon enough....it ain't top secret to hide such a thing. The whole damn city is standing again. Whether it's the work of Ragnarok or not who knows. Odyssia itself is such a confusing and odd place, with what this planet has gone through i guess we can't be too surprised... First Maegoes, then the Crow.... Biohazard...Father Prime... all these super villains and factions pop up. You think they'd learn ehh? "

Tango paused as he realized he rambled so much information he basically didn't even realize what he said himself. He wasn't used to such a relaxing environment considering his job. Instantly he downed his drink and asked for another to be made.

Oi! I think one of these ice statues just blinked at me!!! s**t this place is just ******** up. Where the hell is everyone? I bet this is the work of Dylan smith. He always did hate having an unordered flow in Odyssia.

Tango still had his hood over his undead skull like face, underneath however it frowned at the voice that played to him.

"Cold? It's actually pretty warm out." he commented with a raised brow. Seriously, it had to be at least -50c outisde and this guy, this guy right here thinks that s**t is warm?!

The man stretched and chuckled softly "Whiskey's like VD, it leaves a burning sensation but puts fire in your veins. Darn near essential up here. Rum is good, but whiskey's the only thing that helps with my nightmares." he seemed to sigh lightly, his mind slightly distracted on the fact but continued listening to the man.

Upon hearing the man was passing through, it piqued his interest, raising a brow, but he stayed silent, continuing to listen to the man's stories, nodding along. As mention of Yukimachi being destroyed rose, it was as though his blood froze for a second. The glass he held in his hand instantly became a chunk of ice and the temperature in the room dropped by 10 degrees. His pupils dilated, his heart raced; he placed his left hand upon his chin with a look of terror and disbelief cracked across his face.

Slowly he began to regain his composure as he spoke, interupting the man and speaking almost with a bitter shaky tone. "Who is responsible for the destruction?" he seemed to be puzzled when told it was seemingly back suddenly. He thought to himself, 'That's right we lived in a sealed off dimension and one of dad's illusions took it's place in the real world....good, that explains everything, there's no way my nightmares are true then.'

Oddly, the man breathed a sigh of relief, apparently he fixed what was bending him out of shape before asking a follow up question just to solidify the idea his nightmares were false in his mind. "This Yukimachi, it's not completely encased with ice is it? You know, no frozen statues of people?" he asked, seeming just a tad uneasy while awaiting an answer.

One thing could be certain, this guy would be terrible at poker cause he pretty much telegraphed what his nightmares were about. Now why in the hell would someone this young in clothes like that be concerned over a city like Yukimachi? You think he'd be from a place with a castle or a major city, some rich mogul's kid or something.

Wheezing Smoker

Nerokizur
HE LIVES!

PainLord Mercer
Thanks for the cockblock... d**k.

User Image

((Hello gents, I will try to get to posting more but no guarantees. sweatdrop Also, sorry Matt, this was the only thing I could think of doing.))

I had been on my way to the assembly hall with the others. The halls were being clamored with Grims of all shapes and sizes, moving in unison towards the assembly like ants marching to give food to their queen. To me, something was particularly... off. I stopped in my tracks as the others flowed around me, paying no mind to me. Like being alone in a crowd of people, I felt like I was the only one with this strange sense. Like something was about to go very wrong.

I quickly turned, not caring to look behind me to see if any had followed me. Around me, the lesser Grims floated by carelessly to their charismatic leader. They were all filled with such passion, such anger that they would mindlessly follow the enemy instead of think for themselves. I had to be careful to not fall into that trap, and to keep the level head that had gotten me this far.

As I neared my old destination, the sound of metal tearing and ripping apart rang from the cafeteria. The noise was undeniable, but the roars of the assembly had covered the sound. There was an intruder, and everyone was too distracted celebrating to deal with it. The disgruntled noises and roars could be heard as two people were clearly fighting in the mess hall. My steady pace quickly shot to a dash, myself rushing down the hallway towards the scuffle. The question was, who was fighting?

My answers were answered as I saw a giant crevasse in the metallic floor, almost as if it had lead to the core of Odyssia herself. The creature had strength, enough to tear through the material that I barely dented. As I looked at the creature, his arms made from the infamous flesh of none other then... "Smith." The name was spat as I watched Adam foolishly leap towards Paradigm.

I didn't know why I cared to save the man, or maybe I wanted Paradigm to not be stronger. Either way, my wing instinctively shot out from under my jacket and sent me rocketing forward in a quick gust. I hovered over the two, grabbing Adam by the back of his coat and tossing him into the wall as gently as I could. It wouldn't feel good, but it'd feel a hell of a lot better then being hit by him.

I landed in front of Adam, separating him from Paradigm. I glanced over my shoulder at the man who was no doubt recovering from the hefty smash of the throw. "Hey, ******** idiot, you really think that charging the guy who split the floor in half with his bare hands is a good idea?" I sighed and summoned my blade, facing towards Paradigm at this point. "It doesn't matter. This thing is a spawn of Smith-" I started, readying the blade in my hands. "-and I want to be the one who kills it."

I raised my blade up into the air as it's glimmering blade became further radiated with golden energy. It swirled around, slowly embedding itself into the actual steel like melting ice on a burner. It was fusing with the sword. When it was all done, I swept it down, a quick burst of energy signalling it had finished. I looked back one more time to Adam. "Well, don't just sit there. Go. Warn Draygon." When my sanguine eyes returned to his beady black holes, they were filled with something they hadn't been for a long time. Excitement. "Come, spawn of Smith. Show me what you can do to a Grim Archangel."
Reaping Benefits

{{Soundtrack: Country Dive and Diner }}

User Image

"Look bub. I just ******** CAN'T! I have tried. For AEONS I have tried to off that little b*****d. Catastrophes? Ha! Plagues? Ha! Infected Paper-Cuts? Look desperation drives you to try ANYTHING. That little son-b***h cannot die!" The hollow haunting, though heavily inebriated voice rasped out across the way to Di-6 from the cloaked skinless figure.

Di-6 smoked his cigar and took notes. The NEST badge, a variation of the old Red City Corps crest glistened brassy and bright in the flickering lights of the bar. The skeletal apparition took another drag off of his own before puffing out an aggravated cloud of disappointment and anger. Then he sighed heavily.

"I'm a goddamn laughing stock at the office! Even the big wigs, the Head Haunchos gave up trying to intervene. He can't die! And no body knows why!"

"Those I represent believe we have found the answer, though it really raises more questions."

Had the ancient Reaper Corps messenger of death eyebrows he would have raised them, albeit comically with his drunken dispondency. "Come again?"

"Science once again prevails over sorcery. Afterall it was through our advanced technology I was even able to track you here. To everyone else you appear as an old bearded man in tattered clothes, but I clearly see what you are through these." Di-6, as the NEST agent was designated, giving up his birth name long ago even before the NEST conversion of inner-circle initiates, tapped his stylized aviator-style shades. "And I have seen enough others of your metaphysical pan-dimensional brotherhood to determine you're an older generation. Very classic reaper. Kinda silly really. Watching a spirit of death try to drown his immortal a** in spirits of another sort." He allowed a smile. The faint blue radiant glow in the blood vessels of his soft tissue shimmered a bit in the neon glow of the advertisement sign. "That same science has determined that there is a unique energy signature that radiates from the subject that defies all known spectrums and observed behaviors, except for faint evidence of it pulsing from Suna Desert southern region and the remains of our orbital station that mysteriously self-detonated before it completed its mission. The subject is now in custody in our labs within the heart of the new NEST hive within Red City's core. The Arok Stone seems to be reacted to him. And its been going haywire ever since the anomaly in the desert. Tell me, what do you know of...this entity?"

A digitally printed image was slid across the counter carefully. It depicted a strange flowing mass of colors and light, with a distinct metallic-mirrored face oriented where there would be a head. It was taken as an aerial from the ground point of view. The face was shaped like a baby sheep.

The reaper's mouth gaped open as he bucked in his bar chair stool almost falling backwards. "THE ******** KING IN YELLOW? HASTUR? WHAT THE ******** DOES HASTUR HAVE TO DO WITH THE GODDAMN GOBLIN?!?!?!?!?"

"King In Yellow. Sounds familiar. I will have to take note and look into this. What else can you tell me of this Hastur?"

"NO no no! No more questions until you answer mine! What does the little red goblin b*****d have to do with Hastur?"

Di-6 twisted a dial on the odd partially organic-shelled thing around his wrist. A pulse of energy spread over him as he reached out and grasped the exposed bony throat of the reaper jerking him forward cracking, yes, an actual crack forming, on the forehead of the skull on the bar counter.

"I asked you a question, you are only here to answer them supernatural." He released his grasp and stared through the creature waiting for a response.

The old mad reaper grasped at his own skull feeling as if blood would be there, even checking his skinless hand. Of course there was none. He was an animated skeleton for ******** sakes! "You touched me and didn't die? God? Can I even kill anything anymore?"

"NEST has its, certain gifts to those who convert. And that's the only question I will answer for you. Hastur. What is it? He?"

"The insane god that the One-Above-All forced to make..." He gestured all around and then pointed at himself and the agent. "Everything."

"Interesting." Di-6 said casually making another note. "And this divine architect, if you will, why does he frighten you?"

The Reaper took a HEAVY deep breath, extinquished his cigarette that he had to retrieve from the counter by dipping it in his bottle. "Because what he created. He can obviously also ******** destroy. The Big D warned all of us long ago. All of this has happened before, and it will happen again. Hastur went mad and was sealed away by the Gods of Time Khalell and Maegos. You know, Maegos, that big ******** demon bull dragon fiery headed ******** that nearly destroyed the planet 3 years ago? Yeah. This guy is his dad. Think like how Cronus made Zeus and all those boys s**t their robes. Well Cronus and even the Devil got inspired by this monster. He is the reason the Ouro even has a consciousness. Its his damn pet! Wait. Do you even know what the hell the Ouroborous is? This is bigger than you little man. Bigger than Odyssia. Bigger than even..."

Another forced crack on the counter. The reaper was woosy now and stumbling out of his chair. "********! Are you telling me the Goblin Smee is the Lynchpin of the Entirety?!?!? Damn! No ******** wonder! It makes sense now! Why didn't the bosses tell me? Did they even know? He can't die. If Squee dies, the ******** Entirety collapses! Wait...wait...wait...if the Entirety Collapses, then...then..."

The reaper suddenly darted at the NEST agent with all of his drunken rage and tore out his heart. "Yes! Yes! That's it! OMG! Brilliant!" He waddled around and peeled off the illusion of the old man. Now everyone in the bar could see the drunken walking skeleton creature. It waved at them clumsily and then forced itself, gruesomely, into the flesh of the agent. After some time the body got up, cracked its neck back and forth and adjusted its glasses after some difficulty. "I know how to kill Squee the red goblin. After all this time I can finally get that ******** promotion!"

He stepped passed a few patrons and made a shushing gesture with his finger against the lips of the skin he wore now. They both dropped dead, their souls joining the lifestream.

He nodded to the driver in the armored vehicle waiting, playing his part and asked casually. "To NEST headquarters. I have some new information." The soul was trapped because of whatever NEST was doing to its people. And that allowed Balis, one of the original Odyssian Death Corps reapers to finally ask the damn questions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff