Stay as is. 0.325 32.5% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 2879 2880 2881 > >> >>> »|

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image

Welcome all humans, half breeds, demons and all to your nightmare. Welcome to a world that is no longer able to withstand a simplistic lifestyle of utopia. Welcome to Humans vs. Monsters. This land is up for your fun and pleasure. What you decide to do is up to you as long as you do follow my rules I’ve set. I encourage imaginations to run wild, you just to be yourself, or be something far more. This land allows you to be what you want without heavy restrictions on what you can and cannot do. Being told all the time you’re limited on how you live or how you move, where you go and what you can be, what is the fun of that? No longer are you in a utopia where everything is peaceful. We’re the wilder bunch; the people who look at normal and snuff it. Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the beginning of a new age, the age of victory. Enjoy the battling lifestyle or just enjoying hanging out with friends. It’s all allowed here. You do or you do not, there is no try in survival.

Where do you begin to start your journey with us? Get your character, get your game on, and have some fun. Now that we have moved Humans vs Monsters to the future, everything is allowed, but you cannot Nuclear Bomb someone. Please be creative in your actions against one another.

Our baseline was originally a theme of the past, but the past has fallen and a new future has risen to take its place. Welcome to the Future Humans vs Monsters. For those who wish to check our history of where we came from we have an OOC and we also have our history thread. We have 15k pages of history. Now lets have even more of a greater and more powerful and exciting future.

Our Sister Thread
User Image

Introduction, Rules, History & Links, Maps, Character Profile, Top 5 Characters, Contests and Art, Announcements, Advertisements, M.O.D.S,

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rules

Yes I know a bummer, but has to be done.
1. No disobeying the Gaian Rules. (I hate it but they made the place)
2. There is never a need to cuss. Try to refrain from it as much as possible. I do mind it, just keep it as minor as possible.
3. Please be respectful of others opinions. I’m American so freedom of speech is kinda normal for me and it’s free for others as well.
4. You cannot change someone to be human/monster/half-breed. That's their choice.
5. No begging for gold or items... (Charities are across the mountains to the other side of Gaia)
6. Battles are not just swift killing action... keep things fun and interesting. Please try not to god-mod
7. Do not whine if you are attacked by more than one creature or person at once. And that everyone is picking on you.
8. If the other person is not willing to battle just let them relax.
9. Any spamming, flaming, etc. will be reported and kicked outta here.
10. Have fun and chill, it's only a game.
11. If anyone has anyone serious complaints about you and it has to be more than 1 person. Only if you're talking out of character will I do the reading and find out what you said. If I find out the truth was proved against you I have no problem reporting harassment and taking the long time to delete all your posts. I can't stand it when people are really foul together. If you want to do that, TAKE IT OUTSIDE OF MY THREAD!
12. No saving someone automatically or if they do not want to be saved, what’s the fun of that? Same as no God modding and auto hits please to a mimimum, take damage and give it.
13. VILLANS ESPECIALLY GET EVIL AS THINGS GET HARDER!
14. Do not do oversized quote towers. Most time quote tower is 3 NO MORE THEN THAT! I know you people have good brains and surely can use them to read a few posts before moving on.
15. You as Role Players do not need to send me your profile to be accepted. You can just post and play. If you decide to stay, I do ask you post it in our guild under our character profiles so everyone can kinda get to know you.
16. Also, with the OOC, we do have an OOC thread, so please don’t just OOC in here please, if you just want to sit in chat we have places to do that, we as RPers ask of you to RP here not just chat. You can OOC and RP here at the same time, but if all you’re doing is OOCing and not RPing, then we have chat areas to do that. Link is below.
17. You cannot auto take a city
18. NO NUKES ALLOWED
19. PM a player if you have a question about his/her post. Don't be afraid to, if you can't reach them, OOC is useful.
20. I would like For you people to be somewhat literate, meaning no simple one liners, I understand brain farts. Don't forget to try to spell, I know there are no small kids, don't know the word, I believe looking it up is in order. Try to keep it steady, preview the post if necessary. I like both LITERARY AND NON-LITERARY people. So please, try to both relax but make it interesting.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Introduction, Rules, History & Links, Maps, Character Profile, Top 5 Characters, Contests and Art, Announcements, Advertisements, M.O.D.S,

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
History & Links

OUR MAIN LINK TO THIS THREAD
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/humans-vs-monsters-new-under-contruction/t.56893831_1/#2][img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/Anaham/WAbanner.png[/img][/url]

User Image

HISTORY: We did so many posts, but it was time to start anew. *sigh* so sad. To check what HVM was like before all things went hectic and out of control. Check out our history. It’s fun to see where we began and the awesome battles and how people grew overtime.
User Image

THE GUILD: User Image

At This place you get all the information on different parts of the land and you can post your character and see much fan art and so much more. We often hold this area for our special events and other RPs if you don’t want to RP with everyone in the thread.

HVM OOC!!!

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Maps
All designs on the maps are welcomed and I do love to see people draw so I would love to see your ideas. Always wanted are people who can draw great maps and even your design to be posted here to show off your stuff. And if any of you are oceanographers I’d love to see some options for islands around this continent. It would be wonderful to see the creative imaginations of all who design land for HVM, and you never know, your new area or your map might be the next big thing.

MAIN MAP

Southern Region
User Image

Before Wars

Ancient HvM

Designers’ maps of Ancient HvM:
chacane_light
X

Azryal Lushion Shannara-
X

The Duke of Id-
XXXXX

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Character Profile

We have hundreds and I literally mean, HUNDREDS of characters and I don’t plan for it to be limited to certain species that are allowed. Be what you want. I don’t care how much of a mix you are or even if you look hideous or gorgeous. I do ask though that you do kinda run the character picture by me cause even though I love original characters, I know many people don’t do that so copies end up happening and I’d rather not mysterious twins be born on the HVM and no one has a clue on why they look the same. If it’s the same character but different hair and eye color I do allow that, it’s that little cheating method but it does work. Get creative, have some fun with your character.

*note* no more than 5 characters are allowed per user. This does not count temporary characters*
----------------------------------------
*temporary characters- these are characters you do not keep but get rid of in case all your other characters are stuck. If you have the maximum of 5 characters and want more, sorry there is a limit, you’ll have to kill one

Character Profile Outline
Username:
Character name (& nickname if you want):
What you are:
Profile (e.g. height, weight, where you from, specialties whatever you decide): (NO MORE THAN 2 PARAGRAPHS)

Also, if a certain species is on a rise to a point where the thread is literally flooded with them, I will ask those later to change up their person a bit. Even though I am against going against people's dream characters, I don't want everyone picking the super powered path because everyone else is doing it. It destroys creativity and loses people's imaginations. Thank you for your understanding.

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Top 5 Characters

This mainly was a competition to get people to role play more, honestly, a character to be great in their own way is what I look for. Honesty, participation, livelihood and more all imply on a lot of things. What's done is done though. There will no longer be a top 5 because I want everyone to show me their skills and have fun.

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
CONTESTS AND ART

-CONTEST-

BEST ART(S) OF THE MONTH:

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Announcements

As the title says, all announcements are here. Care to catch up? Got an important Annoucement? PM ME! With Pages, or Details

3/20/13- WEBSITE! WE HAVE OUR OWN WEBSITE! http://humans-vs-monsters.webs.com/
4/5/12- New Maps soon to be updated
1/1/12 Happy New Year
12/25/11- Christmas Contests
10/17/11- Flames of Combat Tournament Started
4/24/11- Winner of Easter Contest Announced.
4/19/11- Leadership Management Team Tests Begin
3/25/11- HvM Land Officially Named Anadoria
6/4-5/10 HVM is now moving towards the FUTURE!
1/26/10- PAGE 591 is OFF LIMITS MAJOR SPAMMING ALL OF IT VERY FOUL!

12/10/09- New HVM created, time to begin anew
08/28/09- Back and you all did great RPing
04/19/09- Gone to Thailand and Colorado be back in August
12/30/08- O_O THOUSANDS OF PAGES O_O OMG
12/06-07/08- page 5470, Sabre proposes to Chacane and chacane says 'YES!' (about twenty times)
11/26 PAGE 5000! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYF2p-cGx8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz7gajAb2ww
10/25-26 girl born. (blonde hair yellow eyes) daughter of Sabre and Chacane
10/3-4 Twins born (a girl... black hair that is short for the moment, and she has esters demonic eyes. a boy ... blonde fuzz for the moment and Izumus deep blue eyes for some odd reason) Son and Daughter of Avea and Ester
Tounament begins today ^.^ 9/9 List below ^.^
September 6- page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EbAFuCgG8&feature=related
August 25- First Child Born, Sam and Haku's, his name is Sasaeru.
August 4- PAGE 1000!
July 22-29- I AM GONE! If you submit your applications to me go ahead and play. I will see everyone either the night of the 29th or the next morning. This means Chacane, Haku and Kyto are all going to be gone for this time span. Everyone enjoy playing and have fun! KIT WILL GIVE YOU THE UPDATES WHEN NEEDED!

July 20th- This marks the 1 month date of this place opening.... a video for everyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbfWU0iPyc
July 5th- Due to the good flow of monsters and battles we're holding this month as Monster Month. Nothing really special just a thank you to all monsters who have battled and live among us.
JULY 4th! GO USA!
June 21- First battle, no particular winner, just major butt kicking and serious wounds. From page 4-15, best action.
June 20, 2008- NEWThread made... CELEBRATE!

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Advertise

These are our advertisements to other threads, to shops, whatever. You need to advertise it, send it to me, if I approve it you see it here, if I don’t, you’ll find it in cyberspace being eaten by ravenous viruses since I didn’t want to post it.

THE ARTISTS!~
User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Other RPS-

User Image

User Image

User Image

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Always looking for new help.

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
((*collapses* After four and a half hours straight of working on this and with the people *cuts red band with scizzors* OPEN! OPEN! OPEN! FOR ALL TO RP!))

Chacane slept soundly underneath an oak tree in the pale moonlight. Her body looked completely at easy being covered up by her signiture trench coat and her hat to her right. All her weapons were well hidden on her body and her hair caressed her hsoulders as she slept with her head on one of the oak roots. Her arms neatly folded over her chest under her jacket as she slept.

Bashful Raider

Username: Reality Rejection
Character name: Astin Hunter
What you are: Siren
Astin Hunter's rank in the Siren Army of Lehl Adhaes is high. Her weapon of choice is a long, silver dagger, and it's always with her. The blue engraving trickles down the blade like water, or blood, and she will have no problem slicing through her Siren chums on the stairway to becoming Queen. She also controls a little water; the older she gets, the more water she can control. At the moment, it's about a bathtub full. It's a very lucky day if she can make a lake stir.
Her platinum blonde hair travels down to the small of her back, and is almost transparent. Her eyes are an electric blue while her almost flawless complexion is a white pale, due to her race. This is when she's on land. While she is immersed in water, her skin, depending on how long she has been in there, turns a dark blue, and her long hair; a dark yellow. Her eyes, however, do not change. Most of her slowly fading scars are hidden by the blue silk halterneck she wears on land, with a green velvet cloak tied around her shoulders which stops at her ankles. The hood casts a shadow over her tell tale eyes. The longest she can stay on land is seven days.

8,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
((*nods* would love to rp with you. your character looks like fun but it is 4:39 am and I got a final in less than 12 hours......... I bid you adue and wish you the best of luck))

Bashful Raider

Chacane_Light2
((*nods* would love to rp with you. your character looks like fun but it is 4:39 am and I got a final in less than 12 hours......... I bid you adue and wish you the best of luck))

((Okie, dokes! Thanks and good luck! ^^))

Bashful Raider

Astin's eyelids snapped open as she awoke with a jolt. Nightmares were nothing new for her, but during a nap?! She shook her head with a scowl and stood on the rock she had been lying on, out in the sun. She gave herself a glance and then stretched out, her vertebrate cracking as she leaned back. The sun had definately dried her out to a pale white, and she ran her fingers through her hair, checking its light colour. She secured her knife to her hilt and flicked her cloak onto her shoulders, then exhaled loudly. Time to assassinate some high profiles. Maybe get into a fight or two.
"It'd be nice to have a good, old-fashioned drowning." She sighed to herself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff