Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why does it take pirates so long to learn the alphabet?

Because they can spend years at C! 0.88235294117647 88.2% [ 30 ]
I have no humor 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Romantic Novice

17,840 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
{ Haru }

xxx---------------------------------------
STAY A LITTLE L O N G E R
YOU'RE MAKING ME F E E L
THE MONSTERS AREN'T ( R E A L )

SKY DON'T LET THE SUN GO.
I'M NOT READY FOR THE DARKNESS

xxxxxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀xxxxxxx
x« You're making me feel »
I'm not a l o n e
Art by Gojika

User Image

xxxxxxThe shipyards were a booming place to be. The sound of metal hitting metal and the sound of wood being cut were music to Haru’s ears. Something about the rhythmic sound of hammers were soothing to her nerves. Thankfully the shipwrights here gossiped like a bunch of old ladies; the story was that marines were going to raid this island soon, very soon. The mere thought of marines made the pretty purple and gold scales form on Haru’s back. Being a damned child made Haru worry, she loved her dragon form; but the thought of always being on the run stressed her out. Some days Haru just wanted to run back into the mountains and hide. And she would but she loved to work on things, she didn't want that life anymore. It was too lonely for her taste.

xxxxxxShe proceeded to look at her options; she would have to get away from here soon. Options at the docks were scarce. Thankfully, even if Haru found a dingy she could probably fix it up enough to get to another island. The wrench on her back was ready for work. The large wrench on her back probably weighed more than she did, another good part of her curse was her strength. Being only sixteen and on her own Haru had gotten used to having to fight in certain situations. She consider herself lucky, at least she was alive and as free as she currently could be.

xxxxxxDiscretely putting her hand, under her blond hair, to cup her ear. She could hear a ruckus in the distance, maybe she was going to have to plan her getaway a little quicker than she thought.
                                                        xxxxxx“ ‘Cuse me sir, you know any ships leaving the yard soon?”Haru drawled out, trying to make herself seem older. It was already hard because of her height and wide eyes. Even the amethyst color of her eyes attracted unwanted attention. The old man seemed sorry right off the bat. “Sorry missy, seems something big is going down; seems like the only ships coming and going are marine ships.” Well if that didn’t put a pout on Haru’s face. She needed to find a ship soon, or go down swinging.

OOC:

User Image

Lineart(c)EmeraldRainDragon

Devapier's Partner

User Image
User Image

"Yes Mother."

Hazel muttered absentmindedly as she heard her mother saying something about the marine raid. The young woman stood at the open window. The humid air wasn't particularly pleasant, but hearing the seagulls and bustling below was as much freedom as Hazel was going to get when she was in her mother's presence. Her hands instantly went to the engagement ring on her finger. Such ring was meant to bound her to another powerful man- Sir Nicholas Wells. Their parents had arranged it when Hazel was still a baby. It was the perfect match. The two had met, with their guardians' supervision and had civilized chats. Yes, Sir Nicholas was currently the Duke of his estate after his father died. He was a positively... well. To be honest, Hazel had no idea how to describe the man. Sure, they had conversed, but only topics that was deem "appropriate" to their guardian (therefore the weather and their studies). Hazel twisted the ring on her finger. It was strange how such a simple ring, well... it was anything but a simple ring {she was told it had a rather beautiful diamond on it) could constrict her freedom.

"Hazel Winchester! Are you listening to me?" Her mother snapped. Taking a deep breath, Hazel turned towards the sound of her mother's voice. "Of course mother. The raid. I trust we are prepared for it?"

Indeed they were, as was Hazel-This maybe her only opportunity to escape the marriage. It was a chance she was going to take. She knew the island inside and out. She could run hide on one of the ship. Her bags were hidden beneath her bed, it was filled with clothes and money. Surely she could pay for passage. She would run. Run long enough for Sir Nicolas to find a wife and maybe she could return.

Yes, Hazel was prepared. The timing was perfect. The real question was, will she be able to go through with it...

Quote:

I'm at: The drawing room. tab tab tab tab I'm Wearing: A blue gown. tab tab tab I'm with:the servants and my mother. tab

OOC: I hope this is alright. >_< tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab

Action Thoughts Speaking
                                                                User Image

Fiendish Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Quinn Nico Fleur
A certified monster I'm an absolute trip, hard to handle so you better get a grip,
A super-fast, superfly, bonafide wise guy.
Call the morgue and say goodbye, write your will; it's time to die.
I'm a bad dream, I'm a rad scene, I'm a tad mean. But I'm not afraid to take you out

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

A lone women could be seen tied tightly to a pole upon the execution platform, she had been there for hours, they had left her there open for the public to mock and taunt. They believed her to be a damned, a person who had a peculiar affliction casted upon them during birth, but she was no damned not even in the slightest the most she could and would freely admit was that she was just a mad genius. Adept and a bit to highly skilled with weapons ---truth be told within her hands most if not all objects could be turned into a deadly weapon, and as of late her skills had become far too publicized; Part of it was her fault because she couldn't control her anger, the other part of it was the blabers that rattled on about her many victories and fights with too much detail. Details details, and now because of this she was here, ready to face execution as soon as the marines rolled by.

Ah an execution and raid, what a great day for them. . .

Her long brown hair hid her eyes, but a smug smile could be seen upon her lips as she shifted slightly to make herself more comfortable. Once she escaped, she’d make them pay - - before she could get to deep into her dark revengful daydream the sound of a screeching childs voice broke her from her thoughts. “MOMMY --- MOMMY --- LOOK ITS A BAD MAN !! ” upon hearing that she quickly shot her head up and in an instant her eyes locked onto the snot nose childs causing it to suddenly cry and drop its lollypop; with that the mother quickly began shushing the child as she hurried along never once bothering to make eye-contact like her foolish child had just done. This was the reason she wasn’t really being mocked in anyway, because anyone who dared try to mock or taunt her her was sure to feel shivers down their spines within seconds. Her glare was strong enough to pierce fear even when she was tied down. With the kid and mother gone she shifted again grumbling a bit when her stomach growled slightly from hunger, still she said nothing as she continued to move her hands slightly and slowly as to not draw any attention. If they saw her struggling in anyway they’d correctly assuming that she was planning to escape.

She stopped all movement when she heard the sound of approaching footsteps, and quickly feigned sleeping, even going as far to snore slightly. It was two of her captors, they were checking on her it seemed.

“Hmph, once the marines come she’ll be able to sleep forever. Either way she’s still tied pretty tightly and there’s no point in feeding her since they’ll be here soon. They’ll pay us a pretty penny for this one I'm sure” hearing them leave and continue talking prompted Quinn to continue her fake slumber until their voices and footsteps were no longer audible. From the looks of it - - time was running out, and the ropes were indeed pretty secure. . .

But not secure enough - - and like that her signature hotshot smile could be seen peek thru her lips, as she began to loosen the ropes.

Blood on fire pumping through my veins,
Weaving in and out while I'm bolting through the lanes.
Breakneck, trainwreck, in my presence genuflect,
Track-roundin', speed-a-soundin', electrifyin', pulse-poundin',
Heart-pumpin', brain-thumpin', watch me get the party jumpin'.

Fiendish Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Yogi G. Bandit

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
We Fight Together

Bonds forged through battle
I won’t let anyone get hurt
When I open my clenched fist,
I will find power there --- So let’s start ---
The [ new world ] is calling

Yogi had come down to this island for one reason, and one reason alone. . to try and find crewmates. How could he call himself captain if he didn’t have any friends onboard his vessel, he had indeed tried at the last island he had been too but after he set their forest on fire (WHICH WAS AN ACCIDENT) he had been pretty much chased out, no amount of sorry’s made them feel better-- but then again. . .that island was known for its beautiful greenery and lush forests to exotic species and his curse unfortunately didn’t really work with that kind of scenery, hell he really didn't mean to make such a bad impression but it was safe to say the people back there hated him, and it didn't help in the slightest that he had decided to go ahead and steal some of their fruits for the road ahead while he was being chased out.

With his ship hidden away in a safe spot, he was safe to wonder about and with his green eyes and blackish-brown hair he was ordinary looking enough to blend in with ease, and just like that he began to stroll onto the town as he partook on an a bright red apple, munching away as his eyes kept alert for any people that seemed interesting in any way - -why only interesting people? Simple because those type of people tended to make the best of friends with talent and dreams worth knowing, and their quirks, good or bad would be happily welcomed on board, all they needed to do to join was take his hand and trust him. He’d give them a life and bright light to follow when it seemed dark and dismal. This was a promise he made to them all - - he hadn’t met anyone yet this was true but in his mind it was already settled, and nothing could change it.

It was funny, but as a self-claimed pirate he had a strange way of thinking - - but this was what made Yogi, Yogi.

Humming to himself he continued along the cobbled path, only stopping when he felt the sea breeze whip around him and when this happened he looked up to the partial cloudy sky and felt the wind continue to dance around excitedly - - somehow he felt the danger looming ahead and beyond but danger meant excitement, and adventure. . . so he wouldn't tuck tail and run no he would continue on and see what this island had to offer, good or bad it was an experience he wanted to have. Perhaps this was where he would find them, Yogi could only hope really. With that he scoffed, ran a hand thru his hair and continued on with his humming and stroll finding himself soon entering through the ship yards.

What can you defend lying to yourself?
There's no shame falling down on your knees
Just always stand back up
So we can see each other again

I’m always standing by you
[ Don’t be afraid ] to advance
Don’t forget
We fight together

Blessed Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
( you can ʟᴏcᴀᴛᴇ me ↘On The way to the tavern )XX( to read ᴍʏ ᴍιɴᴅ ↘↘This place deserves to burn )XX( !!ᴏʏ! its me ↘↘↘Nietza S I R O I S Cohen )

User Image

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx║▌ │█│║ The Humid weather was perfect for Nietza's exposed skin; Though she mostly kept to herself it was easy to spot the Native beauty from a crowd. The fact that she made it a goal to travel to off course lands didn't help her exotic sense of style. The tattoos, loose bear skinned bags, and the jewels are all apart of who she is, being such a lovely spirit, it wasn't hard for someone to accept her being at a glance.

She had spent her morning collecting different herbs from the forest, if this island was good for one thing it was it's resources. Nietza was craving something sweet, grabbing an abundance of Saigon Cinnamon, Vanilla beans, and some turmeric for a small dish of curry, she was back on her way towards the town. On humid mornings like these Nieza liked a slight fire to her meals, the heat was something that she loved all too well. The tanning, The sweat. It was all a contribution to her natural way of living,the climate itself made her feel closer to the wild. Preoccupied in her thoughts she became alert to the sudden uproar back in town, The frightened whines of children; The hysterical voices of women, something big was happening, something big enough to make Nietza move just a bit faster to make it back to her room at the tavern.

Ӂ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ӂ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxӁ

Securing her bags and attaching the long corn stalks to her back, Neitza stepped inside the Tavern. In a rush to her sad nook of a room "Nieza! Ma Alléchant Fille." An alluring French voice greeted from the doorway. Nieza continued to quickly walk on, "Not now Baine, Ina hurry." "Color me intrigué" He poked with a devilish smile. AlBaine worked on the mainlands as intel for a very wealthy family, he was a good man; sneaky and cunning, always handsomely dressed, a very muted personality, but incredibly playful. He had taken a irregular interest in Neiza. Her tales from deadly tribes, ventures across unmanned lands, Such a frail, but powerful essence. Nieza had fallen for AlBaine at one point, but knowing what she was made any romantic connection out of the question. Knowing he worked for a ruthless rich family was all she needed to know about him,the things she is capable would be of great use to anyone with a great enemy, willing or not.

Neiza grew annoyed at AlBaine's restless attempts to growing closer, she never knew if it was a genuine interest in her being, or more of a pursuit to knowing what Powers lay inside such a "frail beauty" as he always says. No average girl would be capable of such feats, or no normal girl one should say. Nieza was sure AlBaine was out for the mainland family to figure out what makes her..tick

Thinking of her meal as she walked with a trailing AlBaine to her upstairs nook, she contemplated on many different things, she could poison him, however her heart wasn't there, she definately didnt want to take him to her room. "How about a Bumbo? She directed, leaning against the stairwell wall. "Only if you make it ma beauté fragile." He eagerly stated, leaning his arm against the wall beside her. Nieza gave a blushed smile and walked with Baine to the open bar. While he grabbed a seat, she got behind the counter and did what she does best, bring life to simple pleasures.

Rum with water, sugar, and nutmeg was known as bumbo and was more popular with pirates and merchantmen.

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image
                                          Where's my limit? Where is my drive? Where's all the energy I once had inside?
                                          Where's my spirit? Where's my pride? Where are my two egos?
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhere do they collide?

User Image
                                                                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ () ▄▄▄▄▄▄

It's been three days. Three day of being on this island. Three days of tending to the sick here. Three days since they arrived, after spending weeks on a trading ship that stopped here to sell of some merchandise and stock up on supplies. Three days since Nik got the time wrong and they missed getting back on said ship, leaving them stranded on this island, with no money or clothes, because Nik also forgot their bags on the ship...three days ago. Now?

Now the two are trying to save up some money to pay off another merchant ship and get off this island. So far, it's not going so well.

"I think we helped everyone that's ill on this damn island..." Nikolai raised his arms above his head, giving them a good stretch before dropping them lazily by his sides. The pinkette sitting next to him sighed inaudibly, then gave him a pointed look. "Well, what do you want me too do?" He asked, voice rising on irritation. "This island's got plenty of Doctors and Healers...plus not many of the wealthier folk want to put their life into my hands." He stood up suddenly, causing the girl to twitch slightly. "I mean look at me, Naal. Do I look like a guy you'd trust with your life?" Without hesitation, Naalia gave a firm nod. Her short pink locks wispy around her jaw, amber eyes piercing through his soul. Nik plopped back down, propping his elbow on the table they sat at. "You don't count..." he grumbled looking away.

Currently, the two sat in a busy tavern at a table towards the back. They couldn't afford a room here, but as luck would have it, Nik helped the owner's son with his broken arm. All he did was set the bone back into place and wrapped it securely. Also, unbeknownst to the father and son, he managed to take a bit of pain away from the boy. Naal didn't realize it either until that night, after the owner offered them a room for a few days, she was suddenly woken up by Nik shouting, holding his arm in pain.

Nikolai was a cursed man. He had the ability to heal others with a simple touch of his right hand. Would seem like a gift from the gods, but it wasn't so grand. A curse is a curse, through and through. For physical wounds, Nik could take the pain away with the price of feeling it later, but to take away illness and plague, he would have to pass it on to another, or die from it himself. For years, he's been able to build up a tolerance, not feeling the effects for weeks. Yet, there are times, much like with the owner's son, that the effects will sneak up on him much sooner than he'd like.

"What about the man that strolled in for a drink this morning? Said something about his wife being really sick with something. Doctors can't do anything..." Nik looked around the tavern. "I could heal her. That guy looked well off. Could get us a bit of mon-" His words were cut off when Naalia placed a hand on his hook. The hook was a fake to cover up his right hand. Made for a good distraction when he was tending to kids. They love it, all gold and shiny. Naalia's brow creased in the middle, corners of her mouth set in a slight frown. Nik gave her a blank stare before frowning himself. "Fine...then you find us some money and a ship willing to take us off this freakin' island." Naal just smiled before standing and heading for the exit. Nik groaned and grabbed his sword. He followed her, moving slightly to not bump into some native girl walking in on his way out. "All sorts around here..." He mumbled, earning a weird look from Naal outside, brows creasing again. "Stop doing that, you'll get wrinkles." He poked her between her brows, then began walking, pinkette rubbing her head as she followed close behind.

▄▄▄▄▄▄ () ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sometimes when I get up, Don't know where to s t a n d.
                                          Sometimes I feel I live two l i v e s, But I am w a l k i n g behind.
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDon't lose yourself and stand up!

Company: With each other as always Mood: She's determined and he's annoyed Location: Walking around the town, looking for work.
▪ ▫ ( O )ur ( O )wn ( C )onscious: I think we all know who wears the pants in this platonic relationship. :3

Romantic Novice

17,840 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
{ Haru }

YOU'RE MAKING ME F E E L

I'm not a l o n e
Art by Gojika

User Image

xxxxxxHaru wasn’t having any luck at these stupid ship yards, it seemed like everybody who had needed to leave already got out of dodge. Haru probably couldn’t survive the raid unless she got off this island or tried to blend in. That last one was unlikely, she probably have to fight. She couldn’t fight off as many marines as she would have liked. Let’s face it, most marines where two or three feet higher than her. Haru was pretty good at crotch shots though, and what hurt worse than a giant wrench to that specific area? That was a win on her part. She could always use her transformation, but let’s face Haru wasn’t even the cool kind of dragon that had terrifying wings and could breathe fire. Nope, she was a wingless little dragon but she could use fire to propel herself to walk on air.

xxxxxxLeaving the ship yards, she could have sworn she heard someone humming. The sound put a quirky smile on her face, under her breath she joined him very quietly. It was an old song that one couldn’t really forget,
                                                        “...with the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay; we lay to Fiddler's Green.” She sang lightly under her breath, making her way back into the little town. As she walked she shifted the wrench so that it tucked diagonally into the belt that went around her torso. Maybe she could at least get some more information out of the people in the town; drunks always seemed to have loose lips.

xxxxxxUpon entering the town Haru was bombarded with talk of an execution, someone else who was damned. That poor soul probably wasn’t even damned; people just seemed to judge strictly. It wasn’t very farfetched for marines to just throw groups of children into the sea to see which ones drowned. It was probably lucky that Haru didn’t complete her transformation until she was ten. By that time her family deemed her ‘strong enough’ to leave home. Thinking back on it, they were probably looking out for their own skin. When one child was damned, sometimes their family could also be tried as guilty by association. Haru felt at home in the forest she did though, a lonely home.

xxxxxxUpon seeing the execution platform, she saw the accused. The women seemed to have a fairly confident smile on her face though, so either she wasn’t afraid of death or she had a plan. Walking to a shady area where no one was, she got a closer look at the victim. Haru pupil disappeared and her eyes seemed to glow a little, it was Haru using her dragon sight in her human body. It was risky, since she was in town; but her risk seemed to have an okay results. A smirk formed on her mouth and her eyes went back to their regular appearance, pupil and all. It seemed the pretty brunette women already had her ropes loosened. Maybe Haru should lend her a hand? It seemed a distraction was in order.

xxxxxxLooking around, Haru surveyed what she could destroy. It seemed this island had a powerful family that thought pretty highly of themselves if the giant statue had anything to say about it. That would make a most beautiful boom. No one was around it and it was in opposite part of the town as the execution platform. Such a good plan, it would cause a good distraction for the stranger and maybe cause some of the merchants to leave their ships. Haru was not above stealing a ship at this point. Taking her wrench, she took maybe a total of five swings, she wasn’t sure. She swung her wrench like a bat, and she did it quickly. At this point, she probably committed this crime because Haru liked to rebel against people who had power. Sure enough, as the statue hit the ground the earth shook a little bit, it must have been quite heavy. Oh well.

xxxxxxAs Haru snuck into the shadow, she could hear people yelling, probably authority trying to figure out who was responsible. By her luck, it seemed like her attraction had brought a lot of the townspeople this way. Making her way innocently against the tide of people, she made her way back to the shipyards. She seemed to recognize some of the workers among the crown of spectators. Maybe now she could get her hands on something that would float.
                                                        Location: it seems like everywhere on this stupid island

OOC:

User Image

Fiendish Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Quinn Nico Fleur
A certified monster I'm an absolute trip, hard to handle so you better get a grip,
A super-fast, superfly, bonafide wise guy.
Call the morgue and say goodbye, write your will; it's time to die.
I'm a bad dream, I'm a rad scene, I'm a tad mean. But I'm not afraid to take you out

Ropes loose, yet she still stayed put playing along as if she was still trapped, a clever ruse to keep people from growing suspicious if she just walked up, if they thought she was a damn now, her leaving as if the ropes were nothing would just confirm their fear so instead she laid low by waiting for the marines to arrive - - Revenge was served best with a side of a surprise after all, no? If a distraction decided to come her way - - then she’d take it but for now patience was needed. Or . . was it? Lifting her head to look onwards as she heard 5 large consecutive booms her ears followed the sound so that her eyes quickly locked onto an obnoxiously large statue which quickly begin its descent from the opposite direction of where she was. The corners of her mouth tugged until a large grin was plastered upon her face - - it was flashy and enough of a distraction that she could finally break loose. People were running rampant and were now far to paranoid of another pirate raid, they could prepare for the marine raid but goodness forbid the high seas if it was those unruly pirates up to no good.

Idiots. But she was thankful and beggars couldn't be choosers so she was out and with some quick on the fly sort of thinking she formulated a hasty plan When the statue had finally hit the ground, she broke loose simultaneously and used the tremors from the statue hitting the ground to collapse the platform with quick effective heel kicks using the middle to collapse it in, giving the illusion that the tremor was stronger than it had appeared, and making her escape look coincidentally accidental. With the people running and trampling over each other no one paid her no mind now and she was free to walk on, with that she quickly grabbed some drab brown poncho hood article from the floor dropped by some panic citizen and used that as her disguise to move through the people with ease.

Naturally many would assume she would head straight to the docks to find some sort of means out of the island but her destination in mind was to head down where the statue had once stood; naturally Quinn wanted to see what damage had been done and from there asses who had been her ‘savior’ sort of speak, well mostly accomplice really if she was being technical but eh technicalities wasn’t her thing. With quick lithe steps along the path Quinn could easily pick up the words of ‘escaped prisoner, pirate raid, and the word damned and marine as the most common words spoken by the islanders of Dawn isle, seems that her little plan to escape did not go unnoticed and her two captors were not as dumb as she had made them out to be. Either way they wouldn’t be able to ambush her again like before, no---no this time Quinn was prepared and more alert than she had ever been in her entire existence.

She felt ashamed that she had allowed the two to put her in that position in the first place, but it was far too late to dabble on mistakes that had already happened. Finally reaching her destination she found herself not being able to get any closer than a few feet, it seems some islanders ALSO wanted to see what the cause was, forming a circular barricade of sorts as they gathered around the stump of the statue. Grimacing a bit annoyed she squinted her eyes to see any details that could be of some use but was left just as baffled as the others - - turning she headed back this time only now she would be using the alleyways to maneuver about quicker, time was up and she could hear the warning from others to keep a look out for the damned women.

Soon the sirens themselves were also now blaring off it was signaling the coming of the Marines - - once they found out she had escaped it would not be good for the isle of dawn and for Quinn. Pulling the hood over to cover her face she made herself obscure by simply strolling on, like some bum wandering about aimlessly. By the time she headed to the docks now the area would be swarmed with them, so laying low was her best bet for now, she would do this whilst still searching for her hidden accomplice.

Location: Find me if you can - - Comapny: Alone - - Mood: Thrilled - -

Blood on fire pumping through my veins,
Weaving in and out while I'm bolting through the lanes.
Breakneck, trainwreck, in my presence genuflect,
Track-roundin', speed-a-soundin', electrifyin', pulse-poundin',
Heart-pumpin', brain-thumpin', watch me get the party jumpin'.

Fiendish Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Yogi G. Bandit

We Fight Together

Excitement was abound in this island and it seemed to continue on like fireworks - - first the feeling of tremor could be felt and then the loud blare of a wailing sound over speakers to ensure that everyone could hear from all corners of the island began to drown out the panic cries over the civilians up ahead. While the sirens continuously blared over the town, Yugi could not help but find himself chuckle all too amused with the turn of events playing out now; For once he hadn;t caused the trouble so he was a bit to thrilled really.

But he instantly knew that with the sirens the marines were making way to the Isle of Dawn, how? Simple the noise was something he was quite familiar with since he was but a small child, the marine raids were well known throughout the world so why should this island be any different; also with the sirens wailing like that it signaled that they were making their way over very soon - - With that he simply turned his head to look over towards the sea where he could clearly see the white sails slowly make way like clouds over the horizon.It would only be a few minutes now until the place was swarmed with them looking everywhere for damned, even going as far as taking innocent people in the process. It was a disgusting sort of ritual that supposedly helped cleanse the land of the damned and cursed. Something he did not agree with and found revolting - - killing innocents without fair trial - - tossing them over seas to see who would swim or float.

Biting into his apple he chewed on and stood his ground waiting for them to fully dock, and as others ran away he seemed the odd man out staying eerily still only moving his arm to take a bite of his fruit now and again. He had no real worries- - and truthfully speaking he didn’t really feel like tucking tail and running. Besides with his appearance they would likely just stare, scoff, and pass him by. Yogi didn’t look at all threatening truth be told, he stood at an oh so towering height of 5’7 with a lanky build some lean muscles were apparent but not much - - if they did touch him for some reason it would only seem like he had a fever but that was it, so guessing if he was damned seemed impossible. Overall he looked far too ordinary, it was a shame really - - heh. . for them. The boats came nearer each minute and soon the sounds of rowdy men could be heard surpassing the wails of the siren itself, and just like that they were now docking and Yogi was simple sitting on the floor watching them begin to tie their ship and march off from their boat and onto the shipyard.

Soon they would all begin to line up in an orderly fashion and wait for the general to make way and give out orders - - each general was different with their execution and ideals, sometimes mercy was shown but it was rare. It wasn't long until a man approached him with a serious of questions, to which he found himself reply all to happily.

"You there! Why are you here?"
". . Can I not be here?"
". . .State your name"
"Yogi G. Bandit"
"Your age"
"I'm an adult"
"Your age"
"I'm an adult, and a second older"
". . . "
"Your job. . ."
"I'm a bum!"

Apparently seeing as this was going nowhere the official decided to believe that this man was indeed nothing more then a crazy homeless bum, and with that left Yogi to his own and returned to give insturctions to his men before the General made their overly late and boorish entrance.

Don’t forget
We fight together
User ImageThe town was in an absolute uproar. From what she was hearing from those who passed her by, a statue had fallen in the courtyard and the “damned” prisoner had escaped. Plus, the marines had arrived from the sea and people were fleeing from the docks and those who had them locked themselves in their homes. It wouldn’t help them though. The marines would find anyone who they thought could be damned and try to prove it and it wasn’t beneath them to break into the homes of innocent people in search of what they were looking for. Unfortunately for Reina Crawford, she stuck out like a sore thumb. She’d dawned a hooded cloak to hide her stark white hair but she feared it made her just as suspicious. Hopefully with all the commotion, it would help her to stay hidden and find a way off the ship.

Making her way down to the docks, Reina stuck to the alleyways and less traveled areas. Once she arrived, she ducked behind some crates, seeing the line of marines awaiting orders from their general who took them forward into the town. With a majority of the marines heading into the town, it would leave less protection of the ships. Hopefully commandeering one wouldn’t be too much trouble.

“You there! Stand up and turn around!”

She froze, cursing mentally. She stood up carefully, holding her hands up in surrender. The soldier took her by the shoulder and spun her around to face him. The hood over her head fell back to her shoulders during the process and she let out a sigh, dropping her hands to her side.

The marine didn’t even bother accusing her of being damned. With a single look at her hair color and eyes, he didn’t have to ask. Not that asking would have done anything. Everyone denied being damned for fear of being thrown into the ocean. “I’ll need you to come with me.” Reina placed a hand on her hip and raised a brow at him in question, “And if I refuse?” She asked. The marine unsheathed the sword at his waist and pointed it at her, “I’m not asking.” The action didn’t seem to phase her in the slightest. “Well, I guess there is no point in telling you you’re wrong...however, I really don’t think you want to do that.” She pointed up and once the solider looked where she pointed, Reina darted forward, knocked the sword out of his hand and elbowed him hard enough in the chin to knock him unconscious.

[ OoC: I'll have a better posting layout up tomorrow. I hope this first post is okay! ]

Devapier's Partner

User Image
User Image

The island was quiet for a few minutes, Hazel wasn't expecting the raid for another hour. The plan was they leave the island before the marine raid and go to Wells estate to plan the wedding. But plans have a way of not going smoothly. First the tremor caused a few of the servants to go out to investigate. Mother came into her room, explaining that something had damaged the statue of Sir Nicolas' father. A few minutes later the sound of the siren reached Hazel's ear. Mrs. Winchester ran to the window and saw the white sails coming closer to the island. Quickly she ordered for the servants to quickly pack their things. "Your father should be at the ship. I want you to take Lauren and take your things and meet him there. I'll join you shortly.'

Hazel merely nodded as she walked out of the drawing room unassisted. It was easy for her to navigate in the manor and island. She lived here most of her life, but when going to a new place she preferred her ivory walking stick to holding on to someone (no one, not even Hazel has discovered the hidden sword in the cane). Closing her room shut, Hazel dived under her bag. Her hands searching for the bag. There was nothing there. She got up and frowned. "Lauren, don't make a fool of yourself. I know you're there."

Lauren had been Hazel's personal maid for years. Hazel viewed her as a friend and trusted her with her secret. It would appear that her trust was misplace. "Miss. Winchester? Are you searching for your bag?' The maid asked innocently. Hazel rubbed her eyes as she faced the voice. "You know I am. What is it Lauren?"

"Did you not think I would know?" Lauren asked as she walked closer. "You bribed the other servants. I have a family to feed."

Hazel sighed. I thought you were my friends. She shook her head. There was no such things as loyalty- only greed. "I can simply call mother and accuse you of stealing."
                                          "Yes, that is true. But you will be escorted by your mother to the ship. All that planning would go to waste." The maid fired back.

Lauren was right. Although Hazel detest such deal, she gave in. ""Very well, take the bags of coins. It is the only money I planned to bring with me. It should provide for your family quite nicely."
                                          "I thank you, Miss. Winchester. I do suggest you go change. Wearing such lavishing clothes may cause the Marines to send you back here. I provided some clothes on the bed." With that Lauren threw the bag of clothes towards Hazel's foot. Waiting for Lauren to leave, Hazel let out a sigh before punching the bed. There was no time to get angry at Lauren's sudden betrayal, for her concern was right. It was strange to have no assistant in changing her clothes, but if she were to live by herself she had to learn how to do such thing. The fabric felt rougher and more durable than her usual dresses. It will have to do.

Hazel opened her bag to put her dress in and felt for her clothes. Her hands instantly crushed the fabrics inside the bag. Lauren had switch her clothes. There was no jewelry, except for the one she wore, no dress to sell for money. Hazel quickly rolled under the bed as she heard the door open. If her mother saw her wearing a servant clothes...well Hazel did not want to imagine what would happen. Once the door closed, Hazel threw the bag over her shoulder and grab her cane. She quickly climb out of the window. Relax Hazel, you've done this before. Just like you practiced. Hazel thought to herself as she took a deep breath. She couldn't turn back. By the time she reached the ground, Hazel took off and ran into to the chaos.

Quote:

I'm at: The drawing room>>My Bed Chamber. tab tab tab tab I'm Wearing: A blue gown>>brown maid dress. tab tab tab I'm with:my mother>>Lauren. tab

OOC: Edit- Had to change Nicolas Surname from Crawford to Wells tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab

Action Thoughts Speaking
                                                                User Image

Romantic Novice

17,840 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
{ Haru }

YOU'RE MAKING ME F E E L

I'm not a l o n e
Art by Gojika

User Image

xxxxxxHaru didn’t make it very far, it seems like this raid was going to happen sooner rather than later. The sirens hurt Haru’s sensitive ears. Did the marines seriously have to announce their arrival so loudly? Quickly Haru ducked her head; she didn’t have anything to cover her face with. She could blend in fairly well with her blonde hair, but her purple eyes could give her away if the right person saw them. Some marines didn’t even believe in the damned children, that was only the new ones though. Haru had come to the conclusion the older the marine the crueler they could be.

xxxxxxIt didn’t take the marines long to pick her out of the crowd though. Damn. It must have been her size that always seemed to be her downfall. Since most of the damned children didn’t have families, being alone so young put the spotlight on her. Sure enough the ugliest marine Haru had ever laid eyes on, had his huge hand tightly griping her shoulder. He even had a scar across the right side of his face; somebody had gotten this guy good. He probably deserved it, Haru kind of wanted to even it out with a matching one on the left side.

xxxxxx“You there missy, what are you doing here alone?” The gruff line of questioning began. Haru still kept from looking the fool in the eye. How could Haru talk her way out of this one?
                                                        xxxxxx “Excuse me Mr. Marine; I’m just making my way home. It seems like the raid caught me by surprise,” at least she tried to sound older. Between her using her ‘adult voice’ and her height, even Haru could tell the marine wasn’t fooled. She knew he wasn’t fooled by the deep imprints he must have been leaving. Haru could feel her scales rising towards the surface. It was kind of her body’s response to avoiding bruises. It was probably a good thing he didn’t hit her face or any skin that was showing. It really didn’t matter though, by the knowing look of malice on his face Haru knew she had been caught.

xxxxxxSo she did the only thing she could think of, she grabbed her wrench and nailed the marine in the side of his knee. At least that got his grip loosened enough for him to let her go. Finally making eye contact, she could see him pale. Her eyes must have changed to their glowing pupil-less form. Oops. She could almost feel the marines closing in on her, now she just had to find a way to at least get away from the majority of them

Location: In town close to the shipyards

OOC:

User Image

Kade

Nephilim
Nephilim
Nephilim

Damned
Damned
Damned

დ ზ ჶ თ ტ---------------ტ თ ჶ ზ დ

Minutes ago---------------------------------------------------------------
Deja vu, it was a recurring companion in his life. A welcome friend in a world of change and hate. The fat white sails on the horizon, and the sounds of sirens that reached him even on his perch had triggered this sense of having been here before. In truth, he supposed he had. He had spent days looking for this moment amid the streams of the future, and weeks waiting for these exact moments. These marines, their actions would lead him further downward on his own destiny. There was another down there, though all he had seen of this other was darkness, a ship, and flame.

With a sigh, Kade, a pirate better known as Nephilim stood and let the winds tear at the dark cloak at his back. Here, atop the cross of the church he could see the whole city. And it sickened him. He could see humans and damned alike running in fear, leaving those too weak or young to be trampled or taken. Dressed as he was he had only two choices, stay and be found out, or fly. A screaming girl made his decision for him. Keen eyes saw three marines dragging a young teenage girl into a darkened alley. Passerby said nothing. The girl, after all, had a tail and so was damned.

One ebony black hand tore the cloak at his back off and tossed it aside, even as the horns atop his head erupted from his face. His Elf like ears twitched as his wing burst to their full 17 foot span. Double gun belts crossed his waist, holding up a pair of black heavy looking travelling pants. The pants were tucked into well worn steel plated boots. Four pistols, simple flint lock affairs, were looped in the belts, two foot long daggers were strapped across his well muscled chest. their handles were made of intricately carved bone. The bones seemed very humanlike. The half dozen bleached skeletal fingers that hung from his neck on a gold band could be mistaken as nothing less than human. On every finger a smooth, polished, bone ring gleamed in stark contrast to his unnatural ebony skin. One ring in particular stood out from the rest. It was thicker, and had been inlaid with intricate silver and gold script, and then set with a large red diamond.

"da spirits guide us all"

With those words he let himself fall into a dive, drawing one blade. The blade matched the knife, a single piece of bone. Like an owl his wings opened silently, the wind catching and lifting him before he dove again. The speed was amazing, more than one saw him fall and gasped. The Symbolism was not lost on him. He had chosen the church for that very reason. Let some think he was the hand of their gods. The more zealous would think the girl saved by and angel. The girl would know the truth.

As he dropped into the ally the men barely had time to turn before he was upon them. They had torn the girls clothes and blood trickled from a wound on her head. One of the men was caught trying to button trousers, the other suffered a vicious slash to the neck as he turned. The third drew a pistol, only to have one of Kades hand ellipse his on the handle. Almost instantly the man dropped, unable to scream. A torrent of pain surged through the marines body. Something akin to having molten lead poured down his throat.

As he approached the last and the girl, both of them looked up at the winged damned in fear, though the marine also bore a look of stark hatred.

"Ya should be runnin gerl, dis ain no place for ya. An I have bloody work to do now. Go on, run, fast and into da wood. hide by the ruins. yall be safe dere"

The ruins were his home on this coast. it had once been a manor house, but that was of now note. It took only a few moments, but already he could hear the pounding of booted feet as other marines began their patrols. He wrapped himself in illusion and quickly left, hurrying towards the shipyards. The walls of that alley were painted in blood. And he had three new fingers and three new souls he must bind within a week.

The now---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His illusion was a simple one, coupled with a mind trick that he used often. Simple, but tiring. His form looked like that of a nondescript African man, and his mind trick was simply screaming ignore me. It would take a decent amount of willpower, or the blood of a damned, to see through his trickery. Like the one he saw now, running from marines. The one with great, glowing purple eyes that seemed to draw him in and beg for his trust, his help. While, she was out of luck, she would have to run, and fast. But perhaps he could help her with that.

Raising one hand and blowing a small breath, one of his many rings lit up and energy came draining out of kade like water through a sieve. It took great energy to summon a spirit. Even one bound.

Make dem see shadows and people where there is none

The command was mental, though he could see the spirit, none else could, unless he willed it or it was a power of their own. The spirit would now play a game. Making her pursuers see things out of the corner of their eyes, other damned, other marines. It would slow the group but not much else. And it would only last a few minutes. Kade was moving. And the spirit could only be so far from its binding.

დ ზ ჶ თ ტ---------------ტ თ ჶ ზ დ

My hunting grounds: By the Shipyards. spotting haru.
The prey: Marines
[O]ut [O]f [C]haracter: darkness, fire, and ship is referring to yogi and his hidden ship. not that my character knows the exactitudes. And I hope this works as my into post?

Fiendish Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Yogi G. Bandit

We Fight Together

Seeing the marines spread out as they ignored his presence Yogi finished the last of his apple and tossed the core aside, as he watched them now begin their raid. The reason for so many apparently was because they had caught a damned mere moments ago, and when a damned was caught there were others to follow suit so now they would find her, and the others even if they were not affiliated with each other, guilty by association of being cursed. The anger caused him to clench his fist and try to keep himself cool down but seeing the uproar, screams and mayhem happen was to much - - the marines were suppose to help people, to protect them during times such as this, why had they changed . . . was it greed? Or was it fear, fear that something different could change their positions and way of life they were all to used to?

Hearing women scream, and beg for their children to be returned to them, and hearing the children cry and wail soon surpassed the sounds of the siren and it was enough for him to take a step and then without warning yell loud enough to capture the attention of all those near and around him. “ENOUGH!” he roared this angrily, his voice projecting command and authority as he felt his body grow hotter, until his hands that were balled into fists turn into flames. When this happened he gave himself away showing them all that he to was damned, and how wrong their actions were of picking blindly who was a threat and who wasn’t. He was angry and he was done with their actions, most importantly they had no right to choose who lived or died - - they were suppose to upkeep peace not cause chaos. Unlike his body his green eyes turned cold as he made his way towards the Marines who stood shell shocked that they simply saw him as nothing more than a bum only a few minutes ago.

“He . . he’s a damned! HURRY GET HIM!” a voice commanded from within the crowed causing most if not all marines to turn back and charge towards him swords, guns and whatever else they had upon their hands for the raid. Soon his walk turned into a full on charge matching theres only when he was close enough he jumped high up, landing down hard with a kick to the ground as he set the wooden dock’s ablaze to trap most and those closest to him to the dock, the marines jumping out of the way in fear of being hit and burned. “YOU ASKED WHO I WAS - WELL I’M YOGI G. BANDIT ! SON OF DAISY ‘MUTINY’ BANDIT BLACK THE LATE PIRATE QUEEN!” He spoke loudly with pride, a smirk upon his face as he adjusted his hat with one hand and began using the other hand to beckon the marines to come after him again if they dared. Circling him they then pointed their weapons at him as he stood eerily still, inching closer they then tried to trap him in once more, only to see that he used his fire to ‘fly’ up and off the ground and proceed to land with deadly heat filled blows to knock most of the men and women into the water.

Grinning still Yogi winked to the marines, before taunting them. “Come on now - - you wanted to play, so lets play!” he spoke as he cracked his neck, rolled his shoulders and entered a stance that was hard to read since he started with his perfected stance that could easily switch to defend or offense without a notice. This was how he fought - - he never projected or telegraphed his movements in anyways nor with his ‘curse’ either. Stealth, acrobatic reflexes and misdirecting opponents were his specialties and all of this was done with a charming confidence to boot, oh boy did that get most riled up when they fought against him. . .but if anyone knew of the late Pirate Queen it was easy to see where he got his charms from.

With the flames around the dock growing higher, the smoke continued on its rise up into the sky signifying to the whole isle of dawn that something more then a marine raid was in fact upfoot and it would be best to stay way.

Don’t forget
We fight together

Devapier's Partner

User Image
User Image

The cries of family being torn apart echoed in Hazel's ears. As much as she wanted to help, she knew that she was powerless to stop them. She had to move on. From the distance, she moved as though she was a regular person. Her cane seemed as though it was for decoration. Hazel moved through the streets quickly enough. She listened to the footsteps to avoid running into people.

Unfortunately, this did not help her when people stood silent in the street. Therefore it must of looked as though Hazel ran full force and tackled a marine as he stood in front of the entrance of the restaurant. Hazel was a light girl and while she managed to push the marine to the ground, she bounced back. Luckily for her, she had a soft landing with the bag of clothes on her back cushioning her fall. As she scramble to get up, she heard the footsteps of the marine coming closer. She felt his hands roughly grab her arm and pulled her up.

"Now what do we have here? A pretty little damned." He hissed.

Hazel winced from his grip; she wasn't use to be treated in such manners, "I never knew Marines spoke of such silliness. I always thought these raids were hunt pirates." Hazel said as she tried to catch up. Her foot step forward uncertainly. She tried to listen to her surrounding to at least give her a clue of where he was taking her, but all she could hear was the fear of the locals and the siren of the marines. "The damned are as real as you and me. You are one of them."

Of courseeee. Because there is no way a blind girl can take care of herself. The two were close enough- close enough to feel the heat and hear the fire roaring. She could hear the distant cries and a command: He's...He's a damned! HURRY GET HIM! Hazel felt the grip on her arm loosen. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she knew that a surprise attack would be appropriate for this situation. Re-adjusting her grip, Hazel mustered all her strength and used the head of the cane and jabbed it towards the man. Just one hit was enough to free her and she ran the other way. Her cane now in front of her to help determined whether there was anything, or more importantly any one in her path. She quickly turned, her heart pounding in her chest. She wasn't sure if the man was following her or if she was running away from a ghost. She couldn't pinpoint where she was exactly, but she had to get away.

Quote:

I'm at: some streets tab tab tab tab I'm Wearing: A brown maid dress. tab tab tab I'm with:a marine>>no one. tab

OOC: tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab

Action Thoughts Speaking
                                                                User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces