8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Oh Death, Oh Death, Oh Death
Won't you spare me over another year...

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim heard someone calling out to someone as she was walking. At first she didn't think it was directed towards her, but when this person kept talking she realized it was in fact aimed towards her. She paused in her tracks and stood with her back to him for a few moments before she slowly turned to face him.

Grim stood almost seven feet in height and her eyes slowly moved down to land on his face and yet she never tilted her head to look or speak to anyone. "I do not believe we have met either." She stated the obvious before thinking about this meeting. The guy wanted to make sure he was everyone's friend. That seemed like an admirable trait for a human, given she wondered the reason for it. "If we are to speak then you must know my name. I am Grim." She stated with a slow nod of her head.

Her movements were calm and slow as if she had all the time in the world to do whatever it was that she was doing. To be honest she did but she also knew that humans and every other species was running on borrowed time, therefore she didn't always do everything slowly.

"Are you making repairs?" She asked as she pointed lightly at the bags he was carrying. She didn't know what else to speak about since she never made small talk like most of the humans do. She was actually pretty bad at small talk. Either people became uneasy by her lifeless tone of voice, or they were too busy staring at her. Either way she had bad people skills for how old she was. Grim was still trying anyways, at least she pointed out maybe a potential conversation, if not she was sure he would come up with some sort of talking material.

((Old Orange Cat: I hope that didn't come off as rambling.))

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

She was much taller up close. Much, much taller. Then again, he was incredibly short for a male his age. But height wasn't going to stop him from making friends. Or at least, acquaintances. She didn't seem to be too interested in talking. She gave her name, and even made the first stab at discussion, though! So that was something.
"Grim, huh? Interesting name! It's kinda edgy. I like it!" he kept up his smile, sure that this was going to be his most unique conversation today. "And, yes, I am actually. I started fixing the abandoned shack over on the edge of town, do you know it? Well, she has a leak in her roof, and the wind goes right through her walls. Figured I'd bundle her up before winter really dug it's claws in, you know?" he chuckled a bit, feeling slightly embarrassed at how far back he had to crane his neck to look at her. "How about you? Any plans for this gorgeous day?"

~*~OOC= Poor Cypher is only 5'3" hahaha~*~

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim stood listening to him. Apparently her name was edgy given she had no idea as to why. She's gone by tons of names but she felt that calling herself Grim was the one that humans and whatnot would accept the most. She could go around saying her real name but that might raise eyebrows. "You never said your name." She stated when he continued to talk. It wasn't like a name mattered much but she didn't want to just call him guy. Also he was so pretty she didn't want to foul up by calling him a her.

As for the shack that he mentioned she had no idea about the thing. Grim rarely left her own abode. Not to mention she almost never went into town, which is probably why he had never seen her before. "However, no...I have never heard of that shack before. If you need assistance in repairs then I can assist you." Grim stated before looking to the bag of things he had gathered. It was pretty common for her to help people with their projects since it was a way to burn time and mundane tasks no longer bothered her. Hell, she knows how many bricks were used to make her neighborhood.

When the boy mentioned plans however she turned her head to look at the town. She never did feel the need to lie. "I'm looking for something to catch my curiosity. I lost it on the way here." She stated bluntly before turning back to him and finally looking down to him by turning her head. Of course the only thing that could be seen on her face was her short, yet smooth black hair, and her yellow eyes. The rest was covered by that mask of hers. Of course now that she could be seen better every word that came from her mouth a small indigo colored mist followed it.

((Old Orange Cat: ))

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

He paused for a moment, trying to think back to what he had said so far. Sure enough, he couldn't remember saying his name. "How silly of me! How can I expect you to be my friend if you don't know my name?" he shook his head, and laughed. "I'm Cypher. Cypher Sinnova, the local showboy." he took a step back, so he could bow at the waist, making a graceful little show out of it. "Most pleased to meet you, Madam Grim." When he straightened out, he went back to looking at her mask. It was odd, and as scary as it might look at first glance... He liked it. He wished for the millionth time in his life that he could be even a little bit scary. He also wished he could be a little rude. Between the mask and weapons, and the blue mist that seemed to be coming from her mouth, (which was impossible, just plain impossible, he knew), he really wanted to just blurt out questions. But she was a lady, after all, and should be treated as such.

"Well, it just so happens that I am the local fix it man, as well, so I'm pretty sure I can handle the repairs. But some company would be nice. And if you're looking for something to catch your curiosity, I've got just the thing! My shack sits smack dab between the edge of town and the edge of the forest. When night falls, the entire place changes. Magic, it is." he winked up at her, adjusting his bags again. The tar was getting heavy. "So what say you, Madam? Are you up for the adventure?"

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim got his name and even repeated it to herself. It was an unusual name for a human but that was alright. It added a tiny bit of flavor to everything, given the amount would go unnoticed. She watched his bow and just gave a slight nod herself. She didn't say anything until he was done speaking though, as she found it to be rude if she were to interrupt him.

After he was done speaking she would just think on the offer before giving another small nod of her head. "I will accompany you. I would like to see this change for myself." She stated before looking onward as if they were already moving. "I have seen much, but maybe tonight will provide a new sight." She said while not looking at him specifically. She tended to do that, as she was sort of talking to both him and herself. "Lead on when you feel obliged." Grim said in her usual tone of voice. She was now slightly curious as to what this anomaly was that he was talking about.

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

He was positively ecstatic when she accepted his offer. Nobody had ever believed him when he said things changed at night. They had laughed it off as another of his jokes. He knew they didn't mean any harm by it, they just couldn't sense it because they were clouded by all the auras pressed against each other in town. Too tight knit.
"Haste not, fair maiden! There's still quite a bit of time until nightfall. And I need to stop by the market. Wont take but a moment. Potatoes for supper, and Epsom for my plants." he listed, making sure he hadn't forgotten anything. He had a tendency to do that.

He began walking towards the market, slowly. He was determined not to tire himself out today. Even though it was a work day suddenly, he had a new acquaintance, and all day to get things done. "I was planning on making a big hearty stew for dinner. Any objections?"

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
[
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

She gave a very slight cant of her head when he spoke. She had never really heard herself called a fair maiden, it was actually pretty new to her. As far as she was concerned this was one of the few interesting humans she had met. He was energetic and yet in his own right very well mannered. Plus, he called her fair maiden and that was pretty new to her. "The market..." She repeated. She tended to do that not because of some quirk but merely so she would make extra sure as to where they were heading. She had realized ages ago that humans normally couldn't make up their minds.

"I will eat stew." Grim had no need to eat, as it did nothing to her but provide taste. She did eat from time to time when it came to things like this however. She had to at least try and seem somewhat normal to everyone else. "You intend to save your plants as well?" She asked since she thought maybe that was what the Epsom was for. She had never kept a garden as she never saw fit to try and keep something alive. It merely wasn't something she did, or did well at all. She was however still looking forward to later.

Her head turned towards where she thought the market was. After seven years of living here she had yet to map out the place all too well as she never ventured into the town itself. "I rarely head to the market. I do not know exactly where it's located." She said bluntly before before looking back to him. She was sure that he knew however and she would merely need to follow behind him.

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"I make a really good stew, you wont be disappointed." he said, smiling as he continued walking, still at a slow pace. "I have a big garden. Wraps all around my little shack. Epsom keeps certain plants healthy. It's also good for humans. Cures certain ailments." he explained, adjusting the bags again. He was reminded again of his need for a cart. He had needed one for a very long time, and it would certainly make his life easier, but he only ever remembered when he didn't have the money for it. "I should get a horse." he mused aloud, gaze suddenly becoming dreamy. "They're quite useful, and I imagine that a horse would like me. I could give it sugarcubes on sundays as a treat." He shook his head, and laughed a bit. "Anyways, you can just follow me, m'lady. I will lead the way, through errands and onward to destination!" he turned around to look at her, continuing to walk, only doing so backwards, now. "So, if you don't come to the market often, and I haven't seen you around, that means you dont come to town at all much. Might I ask why? I thought you were new around here, honestly, but I know now that you couldn't be."

Everfear2's Wife

Shy Vampire

10,425 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

"life is like a rose for being beautiful or painful."

Imogene walked out of her home holding a water bottle full of animal blood to hold herself over for the day.As she walked Imogene realized she was still wearing the gown she wore when she came to this world.'Father I wonder how you are doing with out me? but I can't be sad I must be happy or find something or someone who can make me happy.' thought Imogene as she entered the town. After entering the town she saw some children playing and watched as one of them fell down.Imogene soon walked over to the child who fell and kneeled."Hey it's okay we all fall down at one point but we learn to get up again.come on let's get up."said Imogene as she tried to comfort the child as best she could.The child looked up at Imogene with his big tear filled eyes."I can't my knee hurts to much." said the little boy as he continued to cry.Imogene handed the a little bit of her money as she had a smiling face on." here take this money and go buy yourself some ice cream."said Imogene as she watched the boy grab the money and run off to get some ice cream.Imogene then got up and walk back towards work.Once there she clocked in and took her spot at cash register waiting for people to buy something.'another long day I guess.' thought Imogene as she took a sip of her animal blood.

((OOC: I just got accepted so I hope you enjoy my intro to my character.))

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim nodded her head at him since she had yet to have his stew which meant she really didn't know what to think about it. "I have yet to own a garden. I do not know the proper care it should receive." She stated before following behind him. Although when he turned around to walk backwards she just watched him a little curiously. When he begun to talk about owning a horse she just nodded her head lightly. "A horse would be a good investment." She stated before continuing along. He was a different fellow and that was actually somewhat interesting to her.

As they walked she stared forward but after he was done talking she would respond. "I do not frequent the town often. I live alone in my house not too far away from the town, but I rarely venture into it. I believe I do not find much interesting to me." She was pretty surprised with herself thus far. She had managed some bit to hold a conversation. Still she was interested to see about this stew, as well as whatever the rest of the day had in store for her.

((Old Orange Cat: Sorry for the long pause.))

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

It wasn't long before he had to turn around again. He didn't want to trip and fall. He was light on his feet, and had great balance, but his hands were full. His acrobatics wouldn't be of too much use right now. He tried to stay just barely in front of the female, not walking too fast or too slow. It took a bit of concentration.
"Well, once you know where I live, you're welcome to come by anytime. I live alone as well. My cute little shack is just too little for anyone but me. I warn you though, most days I'm working. From sunup to a bit past midday. Today is a rare day off for me. Shame I have to spend it doing more work. But, I hate being bored, so I suppose this is for the best, anyways. See, when I'm bored I get myself into trouble." he laughed lightly, and did a little skip as they reached the market. He held the door open, and bowed again, being as graceful as he could. "Hither, fair maiden. Our errand is just through here."

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim remained silent as they walked. He apparently lived alone much like she did but that didn't seem to interest her all too much. It was peculiar for a human to do so but maybe for him it was normal. A shack however didn't sound like a proper abode. Her place at least had a few rooms that she could remodel whenever she got so bored it came down to remodeling.

Once they got to the market and he opened the door for her she gave a nod and waked in first. "Thank you." She said calmly before looking around at the patrons. She was obviously a peculiar sight and the scythes definitely brought some attention to her. Most people didn't walk around so obviously armed, still she didn't show any signs that she was dangerous, or at least not for the moment.

Grim turned her eyes back onto him and she would motion to the store as a whole. "I've never been inside this building, I'm not accustomed to it. Being a market however I'm assured I know what we will find inside." Her statement was pretty awkward but to her that was a normal statement. She always pointed out the obvious since everything to her just always seemed so obvious. She knew too much for her own good and some times accidentally treated people like they didn't know a thing. She did however want to say something his work and his day off but the opportunity had passed so she remained silent instead.

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Her response to the market was a weird one. He laughed, and made his way in beside her. "Well, yeah. It's full of food, and household stuff. Nothin gets passed you, huh?" he grinned, and began walking towards produce. "I'm in this market just about every day, for one thing or another. Odd jobs and such. If I ever felt the need to settle down and get a full time job, it would probably be here. I know the layout by heart."
Since the produce section wasn't far from the door, it didn't take long to get there. He looked over the stack of potatoes, filling a small plastic bag with them. He looked over each one carefully, and some of them didn't make the grade. "Wonder if they need someone to quality control their veggies. Some of these are gross. Someone who doesn't pay as much attention as I would pick these up, take them home, and their dinner would be ruined. Poor souls. Too distracted by life to live life."

~*~OOC=Sorry for the long wait! I slept way longer than I expected to...~*~

Lunar Ivy's Waifu

8,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

☽═━┈ ĐεคϮℎ ┈━═☾

Grim just stood there for a moment watching the people basically scramble around in the store. They were grabbing up food, and little trinkets that to her seemed to have very little use. It was pretty pitiful to her. She was pretty glad that she didn't have to do things like this. She only ever acquired the absolute necessities. Seeing as she didn't have to eat though this did not include food. This meant she very rarely had to enter any building to make a purchase, which was completely fine by her. It meant far less interaction with everything. She preferred it that way anyways, still she was here now.

The man she was with however knew this place by heart so it seemed, and when he said he could work here she gave a frown under her mask. "Why would you want to work here?" She asked. Her voice still had not changed from it's beginning coldness but at least it sounded like it was putting that into question form. He was however now on the move and was even sorting through potatoes.

As he selected them one by one she watched him. It seemed like her job actually. He was rooting through potatoes much like she rooted through the souls of the demised. Those he liked he kept, and those he didn't like got to remain, in a way it was her job, but simplified. When he spoke however he said something that got her attention. "Too distracted by life to live life." Were his words. This brought Grim to begin looking at the rest of these people. Some did in fact bags of potatoes with them. On what he just said she could comment on that with an entire book as to why they run around like that but she knew that would be pretty boring.

"Humans run through their life as quickly as possible. They believe if they achieve their tasks before the end that they'll have changed some aspect of life. Yet what they do not know is time will erase all tasks humans perform." She said as she watched them dart about grabbing up produce. It was actually more pathetic then she first thought. "Humans also believe themselves to be masters of their own life...They are wrong." She knew who the real master of life was. It was the woman standing there watching them. She wouldn't tell them that though, then they'd just get scared.

((Old Orange Cat: ))[

High-functioning Demigod

User Image
User Image

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

He was beginning to think that his original suspicions had been true. Something was off about this woman. Not necessarily off in a bad way, but definitely in a dark way. Perhaps he should try to cheer her up?
"You know, I agree with you on one thing. I don't believe that we control our own fate. We are masters of nothing. The only thing we can do is try to be happy, each and every day. Try to let the nasty stuff go, and hold the good stuff in tight. I do that by making sure I do something fun every day. Like meeting new people, cooking a new dish, or coming up with a new dance. Singing at the top of my lungs around a bonfire in the middle of the night. Maybe you should try it? Not necessarily the things I do, but something that would be fun for you? Any ideas as to what that might be?" he tied a knot in his bag of potatoes, and turned to face her, smiling softly.
~*~OOC= Ugh this was a really crappy post, I'm sorry! I'll try to get a better one out next.~*~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff