Full the moon and midnight sky
Through the dark they ride
Warriors of forever will sacrifice their right

User ImageUser Image

Geli Rivka Eichel
German Scribe with a supreme knowledge of Monsters

✖════════════════════════════════════════════════════✖

User Image
Geli knew at the exact point when her familiar had found his favorite part of the meat he was tearing into. The sounds of ripping and tearing caused her to flinch, despite five years of listening to that noise it still made her flinch every time. Oh well, at least it didn't make her feel nauseous anymore and for that she was thankful as the cafeteria workers tended to scold her when she didn't eat enough. That aspect felt like she was back home in Germany, sitting at the dinner table with the rest of her family as they ate and retold the tail of their day to the others. Her part was always silent, usually spent with her nose in a book or working on an assignment for school until the object was quite literally taken from her so she could pay attention to the rest of the family. A brief tinge of homesickness welled up inside her stomach and she began pushing her food around for a moment. "You know...you could call them if you liked...maybe even go visit.'' the dragon spoke at her feet as he swallowed a lump of meat. The fork in her hand continued to push the spaghetti she had been eating before as she sighed and looked down at her familiar, smiling slightly at the sight of his messy jowls before she removed a napkin or two from the dispenser on the table and held them out to Barth for later. "I could but...that would just cause problems I fear. It would be best to stick to writing letters and hope maybe they will forget about me.'' she said quietly as she finally stopped playing with her food and placed a forkful of the slimy noodles into her mouth.

A chuckle made her blink as she glanced back down at the white dragon, who was shaking his head as he dabbed daintily at his mouth with a napkin clutched in his claw. "My child, a parent never forgets their offspring.'' he mused with a smile, well the closest a dragon could get to one. "I remember all my offspring, I was quite the ladies man myself before the great war.'' he laughed as she went back to eating, causing his human partner to roll her eyes. "Uh-huh, I know for a fact that your species of dragon does not raise their offspring, in fact the males aren't even present after the mating.'' she countered but smiled at his attempt to cheer her up, which again made the dragon chuckle into his meal. "Oh you caught me but the point is...'' he paused to finish swallowing the few lumps of meat in his mouth. "Is that humans tend to be rather fond of their children and can not forget them so easily. Your parents still love you I am sure and would like to hear a call...but what do I know? Just a dragon.'' he finished and promptly buried his snout in the remains of the rabbit and presumed eating, meaning his time for conversation was over. "I suppose you might be right.'' she sighed softly but beyond that she went back to forcing spaghetti and whatever else was on her tray.

So far this seemed like it was going to be an uneventful meal, the kind she actually preferred none the less. Did she get lonely? At times yes, but she wanted to involve herself with her work and keep social activities on the back burner. Geli couldn't really say why she threw herself in her work other then the fact that she loved to learn and read. Thanks to the gift of a photographic memory from her dragon familiar she now remembered everything she had ever read in the library. She was not even close to halfway done to reading everything in the library but it seemed like she might get the chance with the conversion of books into a digital format. Perhaps someday, someday farther down in the future, she would attempt to become head of The Scribes but for now she was just happy with working in the Creature Lore field. Though her thoughts were on the minotaur and getting to see it in action so she didn't notice the commotion the suddenly disappearing Patriarch caused around her. Oh her dragon did, Barth glanced up curiously but simply shrugged and went back to eating his meal. He did see the man appear behind Geli but simply smirked and went back to eating. "Oh this is going to be good.'' he mumbled softly to himself as he ate and watched the show.

Perhaps it was because she was a scholar and not a warrior so her guard was never up for impending attacks, perhaps it was just because she didn't like to be surprised, but when she felt the tap she reacted rather dramatically. Her fingers were poised halfway to her mouth, a piece of garlic bread captured between them, as she prepared to take a bite. Someone tapping on her shoulder rarely happened during lunch and when it did happen she released a shriek of such loud proportions that even surprised her as the bread went flying from her hand. Immediately she clasped her hands over her mouth and blushed deeply as others around her looked over in surprise, A voice brought her from her embarrassment as very red faced she turned to look at the leader of the New York sector of the organization that was suddenly standing behind her. Her face stayed bright red, her hands in front of her mouth, as he asked if she was Geli and her head merely nodded up and down. The manners of strict politeness enforced upon her and most German youth quickly kicked in and she yanked a napkin from the dispenser and started wiping at her mouth. "Yes, sir. That is I...'' she said quietly as she made sure to scrub at her mouth to get any remaining tomato sauce as the dragon was laughing hysterically on the ground.

"Your face! Your face is just priceless, *liebe!" he laughed as the girl gave him a glare and cleared her throat. "I...I'm sorry my reaction was so strong...I wasn't expecting anyone to come up to me.'' she tried to laugh it off but it sounded more nervous then anything. Immediately she felt extreme social awkwardness creep upwards and it didn't stop as another came towards them.'Tatiana Venediktov... Head of the Hidden Watchers.' she thought to herself as all the information she had ever read on the woman came up to mind. Geli had always thought Russians had nice accents and paid attention to it, even as she dropped her eyes back to her food and began to eat again as it seemed the woman was attempting to keep the conversation a bit private. "I never quite understood why a vampire left the meat behind and merely feasted on the blood. Seem's a bit of a waste.'' her familiar piped up, acting as if he could care less about the attempted privacy of the situation and looked at the woman. Barth used to be quite a bit bigger in the Void and before the war, his size shrunk considerably when he was summoned as a familiar yet he often spoke as if he was large and had no concern for the complications that his words might have.

╔══════════════╗
German Translations:
Liebe= Love
╚══════════════╝

Bartholomew the Ice Dragon
Easygoing with a fantastic memory

User ImageUser Image

In this land we have defended
from all things dark and cruel
Now we are defenceless in the land where dragons rule

ms enchant's Husband

Noble Bookworm

8,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Bookworm 100
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ Phantom ~ Freud LaBlanke ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSet aside your parlor tricks,

The real treasure is safe...

In the hands of Phantom!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User ImagexxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Phantom was quite surprised with miss Eichel's reaction to his intrusion... She gave a scream loud enough to breach the stone walls as far as Phantom was concerned! But that didn't bug him at all. Geli wasn't accustomed to people sneaking up on her; after all, she only had basic training when it came to fighting and magic. She couldn't detect Phantom's aura or his presence... She was an excellent scribe, but a long way off from becoming the head of any group... Phantom kept this in mind, intending to help her soon with magic and fighting, but before he could say another word, Miss Venediktov came up with the word from her mission...
Phantom was once the head of the Hidden Watchers, two before miss Venediktov...

"Ah, miss Venediktov. I can see your mission went well... No scratches, no complications. You are definitely a great replacement for Miss Sakurazuka... I know I say that after all your missions, and you have been he a few years, but miss Sakurazuka was here for eighty years..." Phantom paused for a moment, then added,"You are actually an improvement in skill from Sakurazuka, but please, Call me Phantom, or Freud. I may have been the Patriarch for two hundred years, but it is difficult to get use to people calling me such a name."

Phantom was never super fond of the Patriarch title... It seemed too regal... Phantom preferred his own name, and as such that was how he addressed all the other captains by their names and not by their titles. If someone was addressed by their title, then when someone died and was replaced, then it would seem like the position was just a glove that was passed down from person to person... As if the person the title was given to didn't matter at all.
From above, Phantom's familiar swooped down, landing gently on his shoulder. Raven looked down at Geli's familiar, who was laughing hysterically on the ground. She immediately swooped down and pecked him on the head before flying back up and landing on Phantom's shoulder.

"You shouldn't be laughing at your master. In good fun perhaps, but not in the cafeteri-"

Phantom cut her off,"Oh don't be such a stickler, Raven. Honestly, I sometimes wonder how you could ever be my familiar, you're such a stick-in-the-mud," Phantom turned his attention back to Geli,"Your reaction may have been strong, but I gave you no warning. Perhaps I could join you today..... Me and Miss Venediktov."

Phantom gave a sideways glance at Miss Venediktov, as if saying she would be joining them. Raven just glanced around the room, staring at all the unfamiliar familiars of the other people in the cafeteria. She only knew a handful of lesser familiars, really Raven only conversed with the head captain's familiars, since they were closest in rank to her...

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI suppose they'll all be

expecting a hero... I'd better

give them what they want.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxOut Of Cookiesxxxxx
Not such a great post...

Hunter

User Image
Tatiana Venediktov
Leader of the Hidden Watchers
&
Micheal William Black, her vampire servant assistant companion

STATUS REPORT。。。
health |||| ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
location |||| Night Guard HQ New York, cafeteria
company |||| Micheal Black, Geli Eichel, Freud LaBlanke
Attire |||| Tanya is wearing this, Micheal is wearing this

She accepted the compliment and praise from her superior humbly, offering a single nod in thanks. It was nice for her work to be recognized, but she wasn't in this for any sort of glory or recognition. No, she did her job because it was the right thing to do. While the Peace Keepers were the hammer, she was the scalpel. It was under her guidance that the most dangerous threats were eliminated. It was her job to make sure the small problems didn't become big problems. She was protecting people by removing the most dangerous monsters from play. So, no. She didn't need praise. If you asked some, her group didn't deserve recognition, let alone praise. That didn't change the fact that the service that she and the rest of the Hidden Watchers performed was essential. They were the dirty deeds crew, doing what had to be done.

Still, she supposed praise was good. Especially from the Patriarch. Or, rather, Phantom. He appreciated the job she was doing. In fact, she'd been a little worried there was a reprimand waiting, for her approving the termination of the upir without first exhausting peaceful options. Or, she supposed, even trying any peaceful options. Micheal's advice had prompted quick action and rapid response. He told her that any vampire just coming through the Void would be starving, at least to the degree that any human who crossed its path would become dinner. Human casualties, especially unenlightened human casualties, were unacceptable. Micheal had mentioned the amount of damage a thirsty vampire could do in a well-populated area, and the decision was made easy. The spy mistress was just glad to avoid a dressing-down that she considered almost inevitable.

Or, perhaps the order to join them for a meal was her punishment. The glance he'd given her had broached no argument, and she was sure he was aware of her disdain for eating with anyone besides Micheal. It certainly wasn't her intent to join the two of them for anything longer than a quick report of the mission's success, but it appeared she had no choice. She would have preferred sitting at the Watcher's table, with whoever wasn't on duty at the moment. Sitting with the Scribes, of all the different Night Guard, would have been her last choice. On the other hand, she would have preferred sitting with anyone else as opposed to the Patriarch because it meant she'd be watching everything she or Micheal said, leery of anything that would reflect poorly on her. Not that she let her distaste show on her face. If she was good at anything, it was dissembling. "Of course."

Micheal arrived just as the Scribe's familiar chimed in. He handed Tanya the tray, with his meal consisting of two blood bags pushed off to the side, and leaned against her, his elbow resting on her shoulder. "In your case, it'd be because of how unsavory dragon's are." He grinned down at the dragon before his eyes rose to the Patriarch and the Scribe. "We will be joining them for our meal, Micheal." Tanya mentioned, shrugging off his elbow. Best behavior. Like you need to tell me. Micheal clapped in delight, his grin widening into a beaming smile. "Brilliant! You can't imagine how wonderful a change of pace his will be from Ms. Dour-Russian over there." He ignored Tanya's scowl as he took another step toward the table, flashing his most dazzling and fang-free smile at Geli. "And my delight increases at the sight of such a beautiful woman." Tanya groaned in exasperation, feeling an uncharacteristic twinge of jealousy at the same time. "Micheal." The vampire wheeled back to the Russian, hands on his hips, frown on his face. "What? We just sleep together, you don't have a claim on me." Tanya paled, her expression quickly changing to one of horror. "Micheal!" She said again, this time decidedly more of a shocked gasp. Micheal grinned and looked back at the people sitting around the table. "A joke, I promise." He walked around the table and took a seat next to Geli, flashing her another brilliant smile. "I'm Micheal, by the way." Tatiana took a seat next to Phantom, her expression decidedly more embarrassed than before.

You are dead man. Tanya shot across the table to Micheal along with a scowl, taking full advantage of their telepathic link. Micheal grinned back at her as he slipped a straw into the bag of A+. Well, duh. Relax, they think it was a joke. Joke is on you. I think it will be while before we do that again. Doubly for me letting you drink from me. Across the table, Micheal frowned, the joke suddenly losing its humor. You're just pouting.Tanya flashed the upir an acidic smile before turning to look at Phantom. "What is happening with minotaur? You want I keep more Watchers on stand-by? Assassin Sauvageon is already on way, just in case support is needed." Across the table, Micheal resisted sticking his tongue out at Tanya before smiling down at the scribe. "Don't mind her, she's got that Russian temper. Now, I never caught your name. I have no doubt that it's something suitably beautiful."

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Russian Translation:

╚══════════════╝

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

T H E X K I N G X O F X N E W X Y O R K

Leonardo's pondering was interrupted by a small beep, and a light under his desk turning red. Leonardo knew what that meant, though he didn't particularly like it. He went to his desk, switched off the light, then went to his bookshelf. Once he was at the bookshelf, he pulled out three books. A Catholic Bible, a book entitled "Witch Cult in Western Europe", and finally a book about physics.

The bookshelf creaked, before slowly sinking into the ground. Behind the bookshelf were two metal doors, they opened to reveal an elevator. Stepping through the elevator, there weren't that many buttons on it, especially for an elevator in a skyscraper. Leonardo clicked on one labeled "X", and at a speed and efficiency that always brought a smile to his face, it shot down... Then it slowed, and went sideways. Finally, after what felt like nearly twenty minutes in the elevator, it shook for a few seconds, then the doors slowly slid open. Behind the doors, the greatest mystery as to "where did the illuminati disappear to?" was finally revealed. Zion. A city almost large enough to rival New York. Built upon over 300 years of science, industry, and magic working together to build not just a sanctuary, but an entire city... All within the safe confines of a pocket universe deep under the earth's crust.

Stepping out of the elevator, Leonardo found himself on top of the roof he had grown so accustomed to. He looked up at the sky, and could feel the wet touch of rain on his cheeks. A lightning fast monorail zoomed past him, ruffling his coat slightly. Leonardo looked down onto the tiny lights below him, each light was a person, and for each person there were a thousand more lights. The city's population was in the hundreds of thousands, last time he checked. Leonardo couldn't help but chuckle as he took in the city. While it looked like it was hundreds of years past earth's technology, it was in truth an illusion. The city's architecture just happened to match what most people thought of when they thought 'The Future'. If you were to actually take a look at the technology, it was at most twenty years past that of Earth's.

Leonardo casually strolled to a door on the roof, leading him to a meeting room of sorts. It was clean, pristine even. The room was pure white, with the exception of a metal desk of sorts that stood in the center, where him and the highest ranking members of the illuminati met. He took his seat, and waited. Finally a trio of soldiers entered, dressed in advanced power armor. Their leader, the woman without the helmet, gave Leonardo a curt, military nod. "Sir." Leonardo smiled, he always enjoyed seeing the soldiers' discipline. "At ease... Any particular reason I was called hear, miss...?" He just realized that he didn't know the soldier's name. That, of course, would have to be rectified.

The woman looked at him strangely, before replying in a military tone. "Cortes, sir. Isabella Cortes." He noted her name in his head, before waiting for her to continue. "Sir. I'd like to report issues with the beasts are on the rise. I'd like to request permission for me and my unit to establish ourselves on earth... In your company's office. That way we can intercept any monsters without having to waste time traveling from Zion.

He blinked. Establish themselves in his office? Well he supposed he could "hire them on" as security and custodians, but it would be difficult to explain the fact he hired nearly 100 new employees. He mulled the idea over for a few minutes, and then turned his attention back to Sergeant Cortes. "Permission granted... Now, is there anything else?" The soldier nodded once again, never smiling. "Yes sir. We've caught word of strange creatures living like vermin in an abandoned warehouse, near central park. Permission to eliminate?" Leonardo sighed, giving a curt nod as permission it seemed no matter what he did, monsters would continue to threaten humans...

User Image

Timid Fatcat

User Image

Єʑεқɩε Ƞɩɕʜτʀѳɑɖ

Pretty mouths shouldn't say ugly words, and pretty girls shouldn't get their hands dirty.

All over the world... [Level two: The Familiar Training Ground]

...there are fashion victims... [ o u t f i t ]

...in need of some help. [ K i t t u n ]

User Image

Zeke stood across from Kittun, bo staff in hand. He blinked slowly as she twirled hers for a moment or two, waited for her to get used to the weight. He'd chosen the bo because it was similar in shape to the young hybrid's glaive, and because he knew how to use one. "M'kay, Kittun, can you show me a figure eight twirl?" With a slight nod, she twirled the staff with amazing speed for a beginner. When Zeke nodded at her, Kittun spun her body around and ended with a basic punch.

"Can you tell me what you did wrong?" A frown on her face, the girl looked up and shook her head. The inccubi sighed before he told her. "You started out with the figure eight. I know I told you to show it to me, but.." Kittun let out an exasperated sigh. "But I was supposed to start with a punch." Zeke nodded, then gestured for her to try again. This time, she got it right, both beginning and ending with a punch. "Brava, little one. It was perfect!" A grin flashed over her face before she could blank it. Her familiar loved it when she smiled, but she didn't do it often.

"Could you please show me a new move? I'm so bored with this one." He chuckled before stepping forward. Once Kittun was at the edge of the mat, Zeke took on a fighting stance. "Okay, first you stand in your stance. When you feel stable, you grip the staff in front of you with both hands, one hand palm-up, the other palm-down. What you do now..." The inccubi continued to talk Kittun through it as he demonstrated. After showing her twice, both slow and fast, Kittun stepped forward. She slipped into her stance, and a second later gripped the bo as she'd been instructed. The first time she tried the twirl, Kittun smacked herself in the temple. A pained cry escaped her mouth as she dropped to the floor, kneeling so she didn't fall over.

User Image

Timid Fatcat

User Image
╔══════════════xx

Kittun O'Conner

xx══════════════╝

'Todo...I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...' ↘↘ [Level two: The Familiar Training Ground]

'I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.' ↘↘ [outfit]

'Some people are worth it.' ↘↘ [Zeke]

User Imagexxxxxxxxx

User Image

Kittun watched her familiar carefully, paying extra attention to his hands. 'Straight, cross, lay down...bring up, uncross, straight, cross, lay down...and again.' When she felt secure, she stepped forward to the middle of the mat. When Zeke was a safe distance away, Kittun took up her stance. After letting out a slow breath, she gripped the staff as she had been shown. The first twirl went well, but when she reversed it, the wooden staff slammed into her temple. Stars danced in her eyes, and she felt herself crouch down to avoid fainting. "Kittun! That's why you're supposed to take it slow!" Zeke sounded angry as he brushed her copper hair out of the way. When she could see her familiar again, his face carried a look of concern.

Kittun shoved off from the ground so that she stood straight. She gently touched her left hand to her aching temple, and sighed when a smear of blood coloured the tips of her fingers. She raised her eyes to Ezekiel's face, only to find him mesmerized by the sight of the blood on her fingers. She hastily wiped it off on her jeans. When her familiar was finally able to drag his gaze to meet hers, Kittun frowned at him and held the bo staff straight out. Taking the hint, Zeke backed up to give her space. 'Okay...Straight, cross, lay down...bring up, uncross, straight, cross, lay down...and again.' This time, Kittun was able to do the maneuver without hurting herself. Zeke clapped before stepping forward again. When Kittun went to step back, Ezekiel shook his head.

"Now I want you to attack me." The young girl blinked slowly, then raised her staff. At a nod, she started with a punch in Zeke's direction, then moved into a figure eight. She stepped forward to hit Zeke with her next punch, but in an instant he was gone. Executing a very sharp turn, Kittun grunted as Zeke's staff bashed against her shoulder. [********] The word was a near scream. Out of reflex, the woman thrust her own staff forward. It was met with a small oof! as it connected with her familiar's body. When she looked up, Zeke was holding his midsection and a pained look contorted his usually pretty face. When he was able to speak, his tone was admonishing. "Pretty mouths shouldn't say ugly words!" A bark of laughter brightened KIttun's face.

User Imagexx

【Peace Keepers Firearms Specialist】xxx

Who am I with: Alexanderxxx
Where am I: Second Floor shooting range of NYC HQxxx
What am I wearing: The night lifexxx
Song I can't forget: Breaking Benjamin- The Diary of Janexxx
O.O.C//:xxx

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

The sound of cheering and excitement came from the recreation room as a blonde haired woman stood from the couch that sat in front of the large screen that displayed a score board. “Victory is forever sweet gentlemen,” she said tossing the controller to a black haired young man. “Alex here will take my place for the rest of the match.” she added taking up her black biker jacket. Slipping her arms through the sleeves, the blonde haired woman took her leave as her black boots clicked against the hard floor. Waiting at the door of the recreation room stood a large 5'4" tall wolf. He was a Werewolf that walked on all fours, like normal wolves found in this world. Alexander was nothing like Hollywood's version of his kind who had human-like characteristics and walked on two legs.“Must you go about playing childish games?” the beast asked the woman as she flicked her hair out from under the jacket. “It's just harmless fun Alexander, besides I have to hold my title with the noobs,” she winked playfully as she turned the corner. “Now come on, let's go grab a bite to eat.” she added running her fingers through her long blonde hair that was swept to one side.

Walking into the cafeteria, Cassandra walked up to the chef and ordered a bloody steak for her familiar and a burger well-done with fries for herself. Once she got their meal, the blonde haired woman walked over to a table that was inhabited by a few of her peace keeper pals. Setting the tray down, Cassandra placed Alexanders plate on the floor. Taking up her soda, the young woman took a small sip before she turned her attention to her meal. It didn't take long before the blonde found herself taking the last bite of her burger, Cassandra looked down at her feet where her Werewolf familiar sat licking his lips. Watching the 350 pound ball of raging fur, Cassandra finished her drink. “It seems the others are out my dear Alexander,” the blonde hair spoke as she took up his plate. Properly disposing of the trash and tray Cassandra looked down at Alexander who had made his way over to her from the table. “I'm going to hit the shooting range for a bit and after we'll find something to do if tonight's going to be a slow one.” she spoke as she tussled the white fur on his forehead. Seeing the werewolf roll his eyes, Cassandra knew what he was thinking as she let out a soft laugh. Turning on her heels the young woman proceeded to the second floor of the building to the shooting range.

Walking up to the second floor training facility, Cassandra checked out one of her modified desert eagles. With clips in hand, the blonde haired firearms specialist entered the controlled room that was the shooting range. Picking a booth, the Twenty- Three year old set the clips down neatly on the counter in front of her. Silently, Cassandra placed the soundproof ear muffs over her ears and safety glasses over her eyes. Loading the weapon that was equipped with a special scope to measure her accuracy, Cassandra took the safety off, aimed and pulled the trigger a few times as her bullets were fired from the gun.

Watching as the target paper before her began to shake with each discharge of the weapon that pierced the target dead center. Cassandra smiled when the last fire from the gun rang true. Setting the gun down gently on the counter the young woman brushed a few strands of bangs from her eyes. Picking up the gun again, Cassandra reloaded a fresh clip into the gun and fired at the target once more. She did this a couple more times before she had her fill of “practice”. Taking up her gun, Cassandra made sure that the chamber was empty before she returned her gun to the gun holder.

Waiting for her results from the meter that was attacked to her gun, Cassandra looked down at her familiar and smiled. When ever she came to the shooting range Alexander would always wait for her outside. “So what's the damage this time Rick?” Cassandra asked the man behind the counter. “Well looks like you've gotten a bit better but the first clip you were off by a slight bit.” the blue eyed gun keeper said as Cassandra pushed off the wall. “Well looks like I'll have to work on that.” she said starting off down the hall way as she waved the man good-bye.

User Image

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

T H E X K I N G X O F X N E W X Y O R K

Leonardo had finished an extra bit of work, before retreating back to the elevator to leave Zion behind him. He honestly didn't want to leave, but he just had a feeling that the more time he spent there, the higher the chances he would shirk his duties just to stay in "paradise" (or at least his idea of paradise). The elevator ride was long, as always. When it finally stopped back in his office, he quickly exited it, the bookshelf returning back to it's normal state as he did.

Once he was safe within the confines of his office, he went to his computer... Or rather, he used his eye to access his computer remotely. He decided to view the soldiers he had previously sent off to purify a warehouse that was infested with all kinds of Demons and demon worshippers. Leonardo tsk'd. Any human that turned his back on his own kind to worship monsters that wanted to destroy mankind was a threat to humanity, in his eyes. Thankfully for him, dark magic was no match against powered armor and machine guns that could punch through police cars.

It took a while for his eye to access the feed from the soldiers' helmets, forcing an irritated tsk from Leonardo. Personal note to self: Fix the internet connection on this thing. It's so... inefficient! Leonardo detested inefficiency in his products. He always thought he could do better, after all his customers deserved high quality goods! Thankfully, the efficiency of Miss Cortes and her two companions more than made up for any feelings he may have had about the eye. They were very methodical in their approach. They used their power armor to it's maximum capabilities.

First they entered through the roof of the warehouse as silent as mice. Then, they watched the cultists pray and chant, and summon more demons into the world. They watched them sacrifice animals and cover themselves in their blood. They watched all manner of heretical, disgusting rituals. The response of the through soldiers was swift and deadly. They tossed down several smoke grenades, confusing and disorienting the small group of worshippers. Then they switched to heat vision... Then they utterly annihilated the cultists in a shower of machine gun fire.

The demons had put up a better fight, actually managing to fight back that is... Unfortunately for them, the soldiers were will disciplined, well trained, and had the advantage of surprise. They mowed down most of the demons, then when the archdemon (the demon leading the cultists) was beaten and on it's knees... Well, let's just say through a combination of ingenuity and industrial grade pipes, they managed to revive an old Roman method of execution.

The demon was crucified onto the summoning circle, it's blood (and the consecrated symbol it was attached to) prevented other demons from coming through... He grinned, now all he had to do was wait for the soldiers to properly dispose of the bodies, and then come home.

User Image

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Full the moon and midnight sky
Through the dark they ride
Warriors of forever will sacrifice their right

User ImageUser Image

Geli Rivka Eichel
German Scribe with a supreme knowledge of Monsters

╔══════════════╗
What Geli is wearing: Outfit
Where she is at: The NYC Night Guard cafeteria.
Who she is with:
✓Phantom
✓Raven,
✓Tanya,
✓Micheal
✓Bartholomew.

╚══════════════╝

User Image
“If you would like sir, I don’t mind and I am sure Barth doesn't either.’’ she said quietly, keeping her eyes down on her tray. Secretly she hoped her familiar would say no but she knew him all to well and the dragon just waved a talon out towards the empty seats. “Indeed good sir! The more the merrier!’’ he said boastfully as he continued to chomp his food down once getting his giggling fit under control. Inwardly, Geli released a groan that might be annoyance or embarrassment, more then likely it was both. It had all started out as a simple meal to be enjoyed by herself and her familiar and no one else. Now she had the Patriarch, the head of the Hidden Watchers, and their familiars joining her little group. This was not at all how she expected it and she wasn’t entirely sure she liked it. Her social awkwardness and mild shyness were squirming in agony inside her brain, causing ‘butterflies’ to do kamekaze style dives into the walls of her stomach. Oh, this was going to be a fun meal. Her stomach was so jittery that she didn’t feel she could finish her meal and instead she began pushing the soggy noodles around her plate. She could just feel the smirk on her familiar’s lips and one look down did confirm that the white dragon was grinning so wide you could see his teeth. He might have gotten a comment out if a large black bird hadn’t come down and pecked his head. Of course his scales could withstand hallow point bullets, let alone the beak of a bird. A talon quickly swatted away at the bird but he still smiled, seemingly not allowing it to bug him.

“Oh, Frau Rabe, you mistake my laughter for the malicious kind!” he looked towards the black bird perched upon her familiar’s shoulder and shook his head. “Geli and I are the best of friends! I merely laugh because I find her reactions so humorous!’’ he smiled before setting his head down in the young woman’s lap and glancing up at her, which she quickly ran a finger down his head to the tip of his snout and smiled at her familiar. “I understand the difference between teasing and taunting. ’’ she said quietly and continued to stroke his head for a moment. No matter what the dragon did or said, no matter how clashing their personalities were, Geli loved the dragon very dearly and he considered her like his offspring. He might had stayed like that for quite some time to enjoy his charges touch if he did not hear a comment from the vampire familiar of the Russian woman and he smirked. “Oh, indeed we are. An more unsavory lot you will not find! Though you are lucky youngling that this wasn't several hundred years ago and that I am not my full size.’’ he threatened but it was like being threatened from a medium sized dog, all bark and no bite.

Geli let her familiar speak with the vampire, knowing that none of his threats were more then hot air and teasing. “With your dour Russian and my socially awkward German, I think we will have quite a party going on here.’’ the dragon scoffed, making his German blush in embarrassment and give him an icy glare. When she felt the presence of the vampire sitting beside her she tensed up momentarily but realized he might portray this as a reaction to being uncomfortable to having a vampire sitting next to her and not what it truly was, just being uncomfortable with someone so close in general. She looked up towards him, still blushing but smiled and nodded a bit. To introduce herself? Well it was extremely rude not to and she prided herself on manners. Though when she was about to introduce herself he had the gall to say she was beautiful!

Almost immediately her face turned as red as a tomato and began radiating a great deal of heat. Barth on his part began to laugh once again as he witnessed the human reacting so. “Oh, come now girl! You know it’s true! All your fellow scribes say it behind your back!” he joined along. Her heart hammered against her chest as she glared angrily at her dragon. “Ich werde dich töten!’’ she hissed at the dragon, who just laughed even more. Generally, the few times she did get mad was when she was flustered and this was a prime example of it. Trying to regain some normalicy she turned to the vampire, well her head turned in his direction but her eyes stayed down on the surface of the table. “Geli, my name is Geli. It is a .... pleasure to meet you.’’ she said quickly and quietly, hoping that would be the end of that. "Please ignore Barth, he thinks he is quite funny in the most inappropriate times.'' she said and glared at her familiar, who grinned back. "I am rather funny, you are just embarrassed.'' he chuckled. While she wasn't open about it, not for embarrassment or shame or anything, she was entirely more fond of the fairer sex then the male. What got her blushing so bad? She had no idea other then being flirted with felt like a foreign language to her and she had no idea how to react.

╔══════════════╗
German Translations:
Frau= Miss
Rabe= Raven
Ich werde dich töten! = I am going to kill you!
╚══════════════╝

Bartholomew the Ice Dragon
Easygoing with a fantastic memory

User ImageUser Image

In this land we have defended
from all things dark and cruel
Now we are defenseless in the land where dragons rule

ms enchant's Husband

Noble Bookworm

8,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Bookworm 100
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ Freud "Phantom" LaBlanke ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

[ フロイト " ファントム " 未記入ラ ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSet aside your parlor tricks,

The real treasure is safe...

In the hands of Phantom!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User ImagexxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

It seemed as if most people's familiars either reflected their master's inner selves, or in some way inverted their personalities into their opposites.. Phantom's was no exception, seeing as his own, Raven, was very similar to how he was a long time ago... She never changed, but he had. Over time he understood that there was no need to be mysterious and powerful, or unchanging and hard to read. He realized that he should disregard that, because if he kept up with that his whole life, how would people see him when he died?
Phantom's own familiar, Raven, had a very strange ability... Unlike the other familiars that came along, Raven was much more mysterious, which is why her powers were in a way much more suited to the head of the Hidden Watchers than anything. She could allow Phantom to hear and interact with people via their telepathic connections that would normally be only for them and their familiars. This was good for surveillance and weeding out people who planned on betraying them, seeing as it was a secret... But every once in a while he let someone in on the secret.

It's natural to have feelings towards one's familiars, Phantom responded to the thoughts of Tatiana and her familiar via their connection, Far be it from me to judge you on that. You were just lucky enough to have a familiar with the same biology as humans and of the opposite sex, I suppose... Same goes with you and your human counterpart, Mr. Black.

Phantom smiled to them, nodding his head towards Raven who just responded with a blink. She could hear what was going on in their heads, but decided to not say anything in response. It was obvious Phantom felt Raven as a best friend, but nothing more due to obvious biological reasons.
Before Phantom could respond to Tatiana's question, an All Clear siren rain twice, before the normal female announcer voice came up over the intercom.

--Thank you all for any support you may have given for the minotaur threat. The problem has been resolved thanks to your efforts.--

Phantom shrugged before turning back to Geli. Her reaction to the compliment was fairly strong, and it seemed as if she were uncomfortable with all the attention. When she shouted at her familiar, Phantom replied in a highly French sounding accent.

"Bitte beruhigen Sie sich. No need for either of you to make such a fuss. Enfants, ces jours-ci."

Phantom's home country was France. He lived there for several years with his family, the LaBlankes, before going out to explore the archaeological ruins of the past to expand on his wealth. When he returned home, his parents were dead, and had been for a year. He was not sad, since his parents weren't around very much when he was growing up, but he felt it was a strong change at the time... He had no accent in English anymore, since he spoke it so regularly... It kind of grew out of the words he said, but whenever Phantom spoke in a language other than English or French, the sound would hold a strong French accent from his time in France.
Phantom turned to the small dragon familiar, looking him straight in the eyes. He had power hidden deep inside him... His old power. A familiar did not come into the world with the power he had in the realm of his origin, it had to be gained over time, by strengthening the bond between the master and familiar and through training... Obviously Geli wasn't the type for Physical training, so Phantom would have to mentor her on magic training soon... She definitely had promise in that area, since she was so knowledgeable.

[ Bitte beruhigen Sie sich -- german -- Please Calm Down ]
[ Enfants, ces jours-ci -- French -- Children, these days.. ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI suppose they'll all be

expecting a hero... I'd better

give them what they want.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxOut Of Cookiesxxxxx
Not such a great post...

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200

User Image

User Image
Nathaniel Zathrien Mandrake

The hair on Nathaniel's neck raised as the minotaur turned around and brought to bear it's massive battleaxe looking to be as long as he might be laying down on the ground; the blades were as wide as his hips out at either side which in turn caused a brow to quirk at the sight. Nathaniel took a small peek over his shoulder and much to his own surprise Kent hadn't followed directly behind him instead apparently with his own familiar having chosen to crouch low behind some parked cars and was currently steadily moving forwards. Nathaniel also thought he caught a glimpse of someone on a nearby rooftop observing him and his peacekeepers though he took small mental note of it instead choosing to focus more-so on the large angry bull with a battleaxe. Nathaniel sighed as the minotaur turned around likely trying to choose whether to target it's anger at himself or his close combat specialist Roberto which on it's part made neither option a good choice. Nathaniel knew for a fact that Roberto could take a hit and even the monsters fist wouldn't do much; that axe however Nathaniel was not willing to test out on his hide "Alright you overgrown, steroid ridden livestock We've given you your options. You have failed to comply, Roberto! let's make some leather boots with whatever doesn't get thrown back into the void. You think they'd go with my jacket?" he called out to his specialist hearing the amused grunt that passed for Azariah's laughter beside him followed by a look which in the drake's words meant 'Are you insane?' . Nathaniel learned at that moment that a Minotaur did understand english rather well considering it hammered it's fist to it's armor plated chest raising it's head and striking it's cloven hoof to bray and charge forward lowered down to point shining horns in Nathaniel's direction. Nathaniel's finger squeezed his trigger three times each shot sounding off with the bang of the jackhammer coming down and propelling the .45 colt rounds at their target. The first shot hit the creatures breastplate, the second one of it's horns, and the third clipped it's shoulder barely making a cut in the creatures thick hide; Like a matador Nathaniel stood there staring the bull down with an equally fire-filled stare a small smile creeping onto his lips.

The minotaur charged past a large white van oblivious of it's surroundings only to be slammed into hard by a large black blur which had sprung forward from behind the van and Nathaneil saw the outline of a black wolf hanging from the arm of the minotaur barely slowing it's pace. Nathaniel held as Kent popped from the other side of the van firing off his first incendiary round and missing by about a foot each shot sparking off the ground as they struck the pavement in front of the minotaur creating for a moment a brief flash halting the minotaur's progress . Unfortunately for Kent and his familiar the creature had become aware of the demon biting into it's arm trying hard with all the strength of it's jaws to tear flesh. "Azariah now!!" Nathaniel called rushing forward with his guns drawn watching kent come forward and empty shell after shell of incendiary ammunition into the creature's chest each round hitting with concussive force making the minotaur's hooves slowly slide back on the pavement creating a small trail of smoke from each hoof. Nathaniel was too slow to come to Kent's side but not far enough to not hear the click as Kent fired off his last round and continued squeezing the trigger; The veteran keeper looked down at his weapon for a second and made a move to dive away when the minotaur brought up the blunt side of it's battleaxe slamming it hard into Kent's chest and propelling the peacekeeper into the air to collide hard with a stop sign before slumping to the ground. Azariah was ahead of Nathaniel rushing past the flying Kent only to leap in the air and slam into the minotaur's chest fangs sinking into the creatures shoulder-blade from the front and hitting it with enough force to knock it back a step before the drake released it's grip not eager to share a fate similar to that of his human 'comrade' both he and the demon dropped and began circling the minotaur snarling angrily. Kent's familiar took the first mover ducking under the large muslced black furry fist that was sent flying it's way to get behind the minotaur's legs jumping up and sinking teeth deep into the back of it's leg clamping tight and hitting a nerve. The minotaur dropped to one knee using it's axe to steady itself trying to use it's sheer strength to stand yet again; Azariah had taken the other side also weaving around the minotaur to jump up and bite the same spot under the knee behind the shin where the bull's skin wasn't quite so thick. Nathaniel had ceased his own charge to divert his path instead rushing over to his peacekeeper Kent who was lolled over onto his side a small trail of blood coming from the top of the keepers head and down his temple "Ah s**t dude, I didn't think it was possible but he made you uglier" Nathaniel said to the man watching in amusement as Kent's middle finger popped up "Maybe it should have killed me,I hate working for an a*****e" the keeper retorted as Nathaniel helped him up. "The bull is mine" Kent groaned limping over to the downed bull determinedly raising the butt of his Spas-12 up by the minotaurs face "Night night big guy, Enjoy the void". A few rifle butts from the stock of the shotgun, assistance from Roberto, and pistol whips from Nathaniel & the bull went down face first to the asphalt. "Now who's going to carry it back?.

About half an hour later Nathaniel was helping Kent stumble back into base "So Roberto, how the hell have you been? Since you moved out of the facility it's proven difficult to find a source of good hard liquor. I need me whiskey.." Nathaniel sighed his Irish accent coming out as it did upon occasion, usually when he needed a stiff drink. Azariah and Kent's familiar had taken the Minotaur dragging it by it's arms and proceeded to drag it off back to void processing while Nathaniel helped Kent limp along; Azariah would find him afterward as he always did " 'Sides, Kent here just took a punch from the labyrinth monster and could use a cold one i'mself, 'aint that right boyo?" "Only if you're paying" the keeper replied groaning as he raised a hand to his bleeding head "Fine, after or before we check you into the infirmary?"

((Future edit pending))

Azariah Vorn Crassus

User Image

Shirtless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
ROBERTO & JEAN-MARC
A little advice for aspiring fires, you get put out if you don't get a little wild!

This war is warm and vibrant,
Our love has turned to silence.
You've got two months to tell him something.

Roberto was halfway through trying to tell his team mates to back off so that he could try to bring the bull in peacefully, until he had to dodge an axe.
"Well, that escalated quickly," He growled, momentum pushing him into a lamp post and making a human-sized dent in it. His familiar only frowned and looked at his partner, his displeasure practically showing in the form of laser-eyes. "What!?" Roberto protested, holding his arms out and staring at him incredulously.
Jean-Marc only rolled his eyes and looked at the minotaur's rampage, crossing his arms.
"Aw, don't be like that," He said, taking a step forward until he nearly got hit by one of the minotaur's projectiles. "Oh, and Nathaniel? Only I can pull of the double leather! Leave an old man to have his gimmicks, would ya?" He shouted out, grinning madly.
"Fight first. Talk later." Jean-Marc shot at him, sending him a glare. It was one of those and-trust-me-we-will-talk looks.
Roberto only sent him a bashful smile that caused the other man to hastily look away and cough awkwardly. "Si, señor." He said, reaching out a large hand to ruffle his familiar's flamingo-pink hair. And then he rushed off, leaving a frowning Jean-Marc in his wake.

Truly, that man was completely oblivious. Seriously, he wouldn't be able to find his own pants in the mornings without him. Sometimes he stumbled in with his boxers on, groggy eyed and with his mussed mustard yellow-blond hair and asked where something was to the pile of covers on the futon located behind their couch in their tiny apartment, and Jean-Marc would answer without even having to get out. He'd do that ugly, raspy, throaty chuckle of his, say "oh yeah" and rush off with an almost-forgotten thanks. He couldn't make anything more difficult than a grilled cheese and canned soups or ramen noodles. He had the diet of a college kid and the eating habits of a five year-old -he was such a white-bread that when Jean-Marc had first met him he had cut his pasta like some sort of peasant and he had to teach him how to use a spoon and fork at once-. He had those big eyebrows, a big nose, and looked more Russian than he did Spanish, although he didn't have a drop of Russian blood in him. Really, Jean-Marc shouldn't be attracted to the -admittedly very strong, charismatic- stupid fake-blond man. But he was.
Unfortunately.

Roberto fought like a rabid animal from the casual onlooker. He swung his fists with deadly force, causing even the large minotaur in armor to stumble back with the slam of his gauntleted fis. Although they looked sloppy, his strikes were aimed at exact pressure points with the practiced accuracy of a veteran fighter, weighed down with his now-increased mass and his control over his own momentum. One of those gauntleted strikes had broken the minotaur's axe, splitting its haft in two, and he had to switch to one of his other weapons until another familiar came bursting in. He had acted more as a distraction than anything else, really, and it gave him and Nathaniel time to focus their efforts on the beast. Unfortunately the other peacekeeper was also part of the distraction, getting knocked out. He covered Nathaniel's back as he went to investigate the other man's wounds, driving him back with a flurry of jabs and kicks, every one of them cracking the thick shell of the minotaur's armor. He let Kent finish him off, then helped him drag the beast half of the way before he complained about his back and his age to get him out of doing the work.

Jean-Marc was halfway through silently telling off his partner about how they could have probably peacefully brought the minotaur back in as they entered the base. The two of them had never really liked it; it didn't smell like home and the whole grandeur didn't suit the Albertan and the Djinn one bit. And it was full of so many people! The two of them liked their privacy, they liked their daytime television. Roberto had just grinned at his familiar when he had finished tearing him a new one and pulled him into a headlocked noogie, cackling with delight at the other's sounds of protest.
"Merde!" Jean-Marc swore, finally managing to shove him off, face red, almost as red as his sweater. Roberto said as much, and he received a punch in the arm for his efforts which only made Roberto laugh all the harder. "You stupid pest." He growled, keeping himself from pouting.
Roberto was about to shoot an insult right back at him until Nathaniel spoke up, dragging the other member along with him.
"Oh, I've been okay. It's nice to be independent, y'know?" He answered vaguely with a shrug, shedding his gauntlets and hooking them to his belt, where they dangled slightly awkwardly with every step. He didn't mention the crap living conditions and that sometimes his neighbors had really loud sex that sounded more like turtles or penguins or something -not he'd really know what a turtle or a penguin having sex sounded like-. "Are you even allowed drinking, boy?" He joked, punching the other man in the arm with a cackle. Roberto had joined late all things considered. He didn't even know why they even took him in at such a late age, but either way it was a good, stable job that he enjoyed doing.
"The man should get medical attention. He may have a concussion, and that doesn't mix very well with drinking," Jean-Marc butted in, having just fixed his hair again.
Roberto nodded with a shrug. "I hate to be the party pooper, but yeah. I know from experience. You gotta get to the hospital, buddy. Once you get checked out, and only if you're fine, just pass by here. I know a good bar." He explained, rifling through his pockets for a napkin and stopping a nearby scribe for a pen. He scrawled the address on it then handed it to the man. "And if you can't make it, we'll just bring you some other time, yeah? And we'll drink for you." He grinned and clapped the Peace Keeper on the shoulder. "You up for a few drinks, then, O Mighty Superior?" He asked jokingly, crossing his arms with a sly grin. Roberto was never not up for a drink. His liver literally hated him.

And if you love let him know,
Or if you leave him tell him so,
Or you will break his heart in two...

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Imagexx

【Peace Keepers Firearms Specialist】xxx

Who am I with: No onexxx
Where am I: Local bar shooting poolxxx
What am I wearing: The night lifexxx
Song I can't forget: Kansas - Carry on my Wayward sonxxx
O.O.C//:xxx

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

Cassandra was feeling cooped up in the base. Letting out a depressing sigh the young woman returned to her room and of course Alexander followed. “I'm going to be heading out for a while and I need you to stay put.” she said as Alexander laid down on his specially designed pillow bed in the corner of her room. Brushing a few strands of hair from her face the blonde smiled as she placed her chain wallet in her pocket. Connecting the chain to the belt loop of her pants Cassandra found her fathers motorcycle keys and she was off. Walking down the hall the young woman left her door open for her familiar to roam about if he needed. Cassandra was known for leaving her door open, it also helped that others knew better than to steal or enter her room without permission...if Alexander didn't find you Cassandra sure will.

Taking the elevator up, Cassandra walked through the back ally way. Turning the corner she walked into another abandoned building where a tarp covered black Ninja motorcycle waited behind a metal cage enclosure. Opening the sliding door of the cage, Cassandra pulled the cover from the bike, circling it once the young woman straddled the beauty. A soft smile crossed her face as she turned the key in the ignition and the beast roared to life. Backing it out of the caged enclosure, Cassandra drove the cycle out and stopped just outside the building where she housed her motorcycle. Locking the single story building up once more Cassandra was off. Placing a pair of tinted black shades over her eyes, the blonde safely merged into traffic and made her way down the street to a local bar. Parking in front of the well known bar, Cassandra pulled the shades from her eyes with her left hand as she dismounted the cycle. Placing her glasses gently in the bikes hidden compartment where Cassandra always kept her other desert eagle hidden. Locking the compartment the blonde made her way into the establishment.

Walking over to the bartender who stood behind the counter Cassandra ordered a Blue Crayon cocktail that was served in a highball glass. Taking the drink Cassandra made her way to the pool tables where she stood on the side lines as she watched two men finishing up their game. Crossing her right arm under her chest, Cassandra placed her left elbow gently over her right hand that was cupped against her side as she drank her cocktail. Lowering her glass as one of the males asked if she wanted in on the next game, Cassandra nodded slightly “I'm a bit rusty but sure,” the blond said as she set her glass down at the starting end of the table“Let's make this game a bit interesting sweet heart, if you win I'll give you a hundred dollars...but if I win I get your number and we get out of here for some fun.” the man said as he leaned over the table. “Sounds like a fair deal.” Cassandra said a she turned the blue chalk softly at the tip of her pool stick. Leaning the stick against the wall Cassandra let her leather jacket slip from her shoulders and down her arms. Setting the jacket gently over a bar stool the blonde turned and took up her stick. Leaning forwards over the table, Cassandra placed the tip of the pool stick in between the index and middle finger of her right hand as she aimed to shoot the cue straight into the racked balls.

When the tip of the pool stick sent the cue ball forwards, Cassandra stood up straight as the group broke and sent a striped ball into the corner right pocket. “Looks like I'm stripes,” Cassandra said as she aimed the stick once more. Missing the next shot on purpose, Cassandra took up her cocktail and took a sip. Savoring the blue berry vodka and cranberry juice mixture the young woman watched as the male shot two solids in. "And it looks like you'll be coming home with me tonight." the cocky green eyed male said missing his next shot. Taking one more long sip of her drink, Cassandra set the glass down at the edge of the pool table before she leaned over once more.

Aiming, the blonde changed her angle at the last second as her pool stick struck the cue ball again and sent it into the left side of the pool table where it bounced off the side and brushed passed the eight ball. Striking two stripes that were back to back in the center the table, the force sent the balls in opposite directions and into two separate corner pockets. “The game just started, don't tell me you already want out.” the woman said as she took up her glass. A smirk crossed her face as she finished the last of the drink. "I thought you said you were rusty" the male said cringing slightly at the though of losing to a girl. Setting the empty glass on the elevated bar table behind her, Cassandra turned and aimed "I said I was a bit rusty, I never said I was bad at this game" she said shooting the 12 purple striped ball into the left side pocket.

User Image

Hunter

User Image
Tatiana Venediktov
Leader of the Hidden Watchers
&
Micheal William Black, her vampire servant assistant companion

STATUS REPORT。。。
health |||| ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
location |||| Outside a warehouse in Manhattan
company |||| Micheal Black
Attire |||| Tanya is wearing this, Micheal is wearing this

The revelation that the Patriarch himself could listen in on to her thoughts was somewhat alarming. Judging by the look on Micheal's face, when he looked away from the Scribe in surprise, he felt the same. It wasn't so much that she considered it an invasion of privacy, though that did rankle her. And it wasn't the fact that she didn't know that the Patriarch had the ability. It was the knowledge that her secret was out. Even considering Micheal had effectively ensured that a few seconds before, that perhaps could have been written off as a joke. A poor joke, yes, but a joke all the same. But now? Now the Patriarch himself, the one person superior to her in the Night Guard, knew that she had an intimate relationship with her familiar. It wasn't that she expected a reprimand, or a formal order to stop. It was like a closely-kept secret being broadcast for all to hear. Which, actually, was exactly it, more or less. It'd be like someone finding out she was into bondage and then posting evidence of it on the community board. She wasn't, but it was like that.

Maybe she was overreacting. Maybe, but she didn't think so. It was embarrassing, for her, that anyone else knew how close her relationship with Micheal was. She wondered if any other Guard had a similar relationship with their familiars. Those few that had humanoid familiar, anyway. Off the top of her head, she could only think of a few. The hand-to-hand specialist in the Peace Keepers, Rodriguez, and his Djinn; and her own Watcher, Protector O'Connor, with her Incubus. O'Connor was, in Tatiana's mind, too young to have an intimate relationship with anyone, but she supposed it was possible that she shared one with her familiar. As for the Peace Keeper, they always seemed to be at each others throats too often to be sleeping together. Of course, that was the pot calling the kettle black. So, granted, maybe she wasn't the only one sleeping with her familiar. But if she wasn't, it was hardly common knowledge regarding anyone else.

All the same, she did appreciate the mild reaction from her Patriarch. She supposed that his opinion was the only one that mattered when it came to the Night Guard. And it wasn't like a Scribe, of all people, would dare spread that rumor about the leader of the Hidden Watchers. The more she thought about it, the more secure she felt in that her once-secret wouldn't spread. That didn't change her irritation with Micheal, but it did help her peace of mind.

Offering a small smile toward Phantom in appreciation for her understanding, she still shot a glare over at Micheal, even as he went back to flirting with the Scribe. "Geli, Geli, I'm happy to see I was right. Truly a lovely name, a perfect match for such a ,lovely girl. And a perfect match for such a lovely accent!" Tanya felt another stab of jealously, but ignored it. While Micheal was the only person she could completely trust, her romantic relationship with him was purely carnal. Why should she care if he flirted with the Scribe? Because he was flirting with someone so far below his station, maybe? It bothered her, and the fact that it bothered her was even more troublesome.

She was going to snap at him, when two things happened near simultaneously. The first was the all-clear playing over the speakers, thanking everyone for the prompt reaction and disposal of the minotaur. The second was her wrist communicator beeping to life, as a message was relayed to her from one of the lower-ranked Hidden Watchers. Ever since taking the position, Tanya required every Watcher, aside from those in specialized positions like Assassin or Protection, remain on surveillance. From there, she could allocate resources as threats were detected and dealt with. Now, one of her recruits was reporting reports of suspicious activity from a warehouse near Central Park. The operative wasn't able to be any more specific aside from reporting odd lights and faint chanting. I was tempting to assign the same operative to investigate, but she was really looking for an opportunity to pry Micheal away from the Scribe. The Scribe herself would probably also appreciate it. Micheal, we have work to do. He looked over at the spy mistress and frowned. Can it wait? Tanya shook her head before looking back to Phantom. "I hate to run, but I am getting report of suspicious activity near Central Park and I wish to investigate personally." She stood, as did Micheal near simultaneously. She offered a curt nod to the Patriarch as Micheal said his fond farewells to the flustered Scribe.

---------------------------

"I hope that wasn't you pouting and we actually have something." Micheal was standing in the doorway, arms folded across his chest. "We do. That does not mean I did not enjoy pulling you away." Tatiana was grabbing her field gear, making last-minute preparations. She didn't like going into a situation cold, without anything approaching a plan. Micheal was still grumbling when she opened her footlocker and removed her sidearm, magazines, and silencer. As she stood and slid the firearm into her shoulder holster, she looked around her room, trying to think if she forgot anything. The room itself was spartan. A bed, a desk and chair, a bookcase, a closet, and an adjoining bathroom holding just the necessities. There was little evidence she indulged herself in anything. It was something Micheal commented on often. 'Maybe a few posters to brighten things up. Perhaps a TV?' Really, she didn't even have much in the way of clothes, and even less in the way of make-up. 'One might almost mistake you for boring' . Ha ha. She pushed those thoughts out of her head as she grabbed her light coat off the bed and set out.

Before reaching the surface, she sent Sauvageon another message, telling him that the minotaur situation was resolved and his talents would be better put to use helping her investigate the warehouse. Since he was already in the area and all. Her orders to the Frenchman were to reroute to the warehouse her operative indicated and to wait for her there. Micheal grumbled at involving the Assassin, but she was still cross with him, and thus still ignoring him. She ended up reaching the warehouse first somehow, and held her position across the street, waiting for her subordinate to arrive.

User Image

╔══════════════╗
TL;DR summary:
Micheal flirts, Tatiana gets a report about suspicious stuff near Central Park, they both run off, Micheal complains, then they both wait for Sauvageon before moving in.

╚══════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces