☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅰ. The Story

User Image

It wasn’t always good to be a human, in fact being human could get you killed or enslaved. Have you ever been walking down the street, minding your own business and enjoying the day until a random thought comes to mind. ‘Hey self’ you think as you walk along the sidewalk, ‘Where did all those stories and myths come from? You know, the ones about monsters and mythical creatures and the like.‘ Well gentle reader look no further! For I have come to show you the that not all is as it seems, that perhaps the textbooks we read at school are very wrong, and perhaps enlighten you to some truths you couldn’t even begin to imagine! All you have to do is sit back, read my story and see for yourself if you would like to believe or not.

The Past

The year is 1600 and to be a human is a most dangerous thing. A human is a weak, squishy mass of bone and blood and yet we were up against creatures most foul. Each culture has it’s own mythical creatures and for the most part, those creatures actually did exist! The werewolves and vampires of the European cultures weren’t at war with each other but the humans they fed from. Demon’s of every race and kind ran rampant across every continent, attacking and slaughtering any human that they came across. If you can name a mythical creature from legend then there is a pretty big chance that this creature existed. We are taught about kings and queens, great civilizations that conquered all in their path, settlers of old that explored untold lands and these things are also true. You would think that with such a common group of enemies that we could come together to fight against the monstrous scourge but unfortunately that wasn’t to pass. Humanity couldn’t settle their differences long enough to survive an attack by the various monsters and we were quickly coming to an end. We however did have allies in this war of humanity vs. the mythical creatures and I’m not talking about the occasional mythical creature that was friendly to the humans. No, I’m talking about the humans that had been morn with magic flowing in their veins.

They were called witches and wizards, medicine men and women, shaman, and many other names but their blood was still the same. While not considered a mythical creature, a magically gifted human is considered anything but ordinary. Unlike what we are told, the magically gifted human was never one to be shunned and killed but treated as a special gift because if you were given a magically gifted offspring, they were your best chance at survival against the mythical creatures. Humanity had made it so far because of the magical humans to protect them but even with these allies, humanity was doomed if things wouldn’t change. Change came in the form of an idea, a simple and silly idea when you think about it, but an idea none the less. A wizard decided that humanities best chance at survival was to get over the petty fights and squabbles that disabled them and to come together! This idea spread like wildfire, thanks entirely to the magically gifted humans spreading the notion around to each other and with them the idea was preached to the masses. Of course many were not happy and resisted the idea at first, why should I have to be nice to my stupid neighbor who led me wrong? Thankfully the magically gifted were able to sway opinions and humanity came together.

The battle to take back humanity was long and bloody, a battle warped and changed through time but this is for the best. Humanity did something never thought done, they set aside their differences and fought the common enemies that had destroyed them for centuries! With the help of their magical allies and the dire urge to end their suffering once and for all, the urge to have their future lineages live safe and secure lives fueled their fighting spirit and eventually the battle was won! When all smoke had cleared and the sounds of death subsided the victor stood high, humanity had earned it’s place on this planet! Not every mythical creature was destroyed however but this was planned ahead. A group of wizards and witches had set to work creating an alternate dimension of sorts to banish the mythical creatures for their misdeeds. The spell to do this was spread to the other magical humans across the world and the mythical creatures all disappeared into the dimension, so named The Void. While humanity lived safe and secure knowing that their greatest enemies now were only each other, quite a few of the magical humans felt guilty for the exile for the mythical creatures. The same spell that was meant to banish the creatures was modified, made to allow the creatures back into the human world once again but there was a catch.

The Present

Now gentle readers I bring you to the present, 2012, once again. The world as we know it now is most certainly a lie as there are others amongst us. The magical folk of the past knew that in order to allow the mythical creatures back into this world, things had to change. Portals were put in place to allow the creatures in but to regulate creature passage and to only allow those safe to humanity in a weigh station of sorts was put in place. In the past the station was just a few soldiers, a magical person, and a building but times have changed! Now the technology is better and the weigh stations are more like government buildings with the portals encased within the building. Each major city in every country has one of these portals and they are heavily guarded. I won’t go into much detail about these agencies because that isn’t what the story is about! No, the story is about the people who’s soul mission in life is to protect humanity from the mythical creatures that have every intention to do harm and has existed as long as the portals have been opened; The Night Guard.

The Night Guard is an order of people, male and female, that are descendants of the witches and wizards of yesterday. Much like the various military and police forces of the human world, The Night Guard exist to stop the more violent mythical creatures, the ones who seek entrance into this world to hurt humans. Also like the human forces, within The Night Guard are different orders; The Peacekeepers, The Hidden Watchers, and The Scribes. I will get more specific about the functions of the three orders later but know that each order has it’s hand in helping the fight against those that would do humanity harm. Unfortunately, due to centuries of mating with humans, the magically gifted of today have such diluted blood that they can’t use magic beyond one certain skill that helps them in their duties. The members of The Night Guard each have a familiar of sorts, a mythical creature bonded to them to help them in their duties as a member of The Night Guard, so named for the time of day they do their activities.

The Future?

History has forgotten many things, both important and not important, things that could prove harmful. After the great war opinions vastly differentiated between what was to be done with magical creatures and how to ensure human's safety When the Night Guard was created opinions between what should be done with mythical creatures quickly sprouted up and opinions forced the groups apart. The Illuminati., a group formed from a few rogue magical humans after the war with the mystical creatures. They were a small collection of mages, kings, and priests that argued for "permanent safety" ( AKA committing genocide or sterilizing the "beasts" ) of humanity. This group broke off from the Night Guard was at first small, but because of their policy of working more openly with non-magical humans, they began to grow quickly. By the 1700's they were almost large enough to actually rival the night guard.

Unfortunately, the tensions between the two groups grew. In the mid 1700's they declared a "war" on the Night Guard. They launched several attacks across Night Guard bases... And the very next day, completely disappeared. They vanished in a disturbing manner, all of their bases and strongholds were left abandoned, no one knew where they went. They were never heard or seen from again. Even the Night Guard, essentially, forget about them with the exception of a few paranoid members.

There are a few bits and pieces of evidence of their continued existence... For example, the "Eye of Providence" on the dollar bill. Yet overall, they've just vanished from public and even private eye; until today. Attacks have been springing up over the United States, attacks placed on The Night Guard and mythical creatures alike. So far these attacks have just been blamed on either side and not much stock has been taken into them. However this will not be the case forever as something big is growing, wishing to destroy the Night Guard forever and that day soon draws close.

Now tell me gentle viewer, do you believe my tale or am I just blowing hot air in your face? The choice is your own of course but the keyboard at your fingertips will continue the story along as you should see fit.

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅱ. The Synopsis

User Image

Alright since I know there are people out there who see that big wall of text and think 'Oh hell no!', I understand because I do it all the time too, I will sum it all up for you!

The Night Guard is an organization kind of like the police that go around making sure humans are safe from the mythical creatures that had been exiled to The Void, which is another dimension. The creatures though can obtain a license of sorts to have access to the human world temporarily for food and the like but they are monitored at all times. Now not every creature that comes through the portal has the best of intentions and of course there are illegal means to get into the human world to cause chaos. So, The Night Guard are meant to stop the evil creatures that want to hurt or destroy humanity. This role play is about the people of The Night Guard and their role in society, which is to protect humanity from ever finding out mythical creatures exist and to do so all under cover of darkness. It also involves a secret organization completely separate from The Night Guard but their message is similar. This wish to protect humanity but have much more extreme and violent measures to do it. Oh yeah, did I mention that every member of The Night Guard has a mythical creature familiar to aide them in their duties? Oh...well I just did!

So the question is, do you think you have what it takes to join The Night Guard? Or are you a Mythical Creature wishing to get even humanity? Or perhaps you are a human that wishes for the destruction of all mythical creatures once and for all.

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅲ. Role Play Rules

User Image

So you are enforced to read these, I shall post these in paragraph form

Follow all Gaiaonline TOS, don't be breaking the rules because I don't want to get kicked off! My intention is to make this a literate role play, at least for the most part as I am sure you have noticed my horrid punctuation and I apologize for that. Please try and post at least two paragraphs per post, more is always nice but no need to make some huge novel or anything. I have every intention of making this multi-sexual orientation style role play so if you have a problem with that then I kindly ask that you leave. I trust everyone to act like an adult here, meaning keep the cursing down to a normal level, can not encourage sex though if you want to do that then take it to private message and simply time skip please, and to keep the blood and gore down as well. If you are interested in this fine, fine role play that I have worked oh so hard on then I would like you to send me a reservation! Nothing special, if you wish to be a member of The Night Guard then pm me with the title ''I pledge my life to the order' and if you want to be a mythical creature pm me with the title "Why do human's get all the fun?'. On the Pm, tell me what you wish to be and I will reserve the spot for you! When it comes time to send me your profile link, just title the pm the title of your forum and put the link in the body. A HUGELY important part in this is that you will be required to double characters if you are a member of the night guard, your human character and their mythical familiar. If you don't want to double then be a straight up mythical creature! All slots are first come first serve so don't complain if you miss your chance!

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅳ. The Night Guard Rules

User Image

Like any organization The Night Guard has it's own set of rules and regulations:

Only those of magical blood are allowed to join the order as only those of the magical blood have the ability to summon a familiar.

To be accepted into the order you can be no younger then 14, no older then 16 and until the age of 18 you must attend The Night Guard training in the order you demonstrate the most aptitude in.

At the age of 18 you preform the summoning ritual to gain your familiar and at that point onward you are an official member of The Night Guard.

Intimate and physical relationships, while not forbidden, are highly discouraged due to the nature of our duties and the threat of death at any time.

You are not allowed to tell any of the human population of The Night Guard nor the existence of mythical creatures.

Human casualties are unacceptable! If human life is lost due to any action by your own hand then you will be banished from The Night Guard and have your familiar stripped from you.
You must follow directions from your superiors though if you question the orders then talk directly to The Patriarch or Matriarch.

Violence outside of training and sparring is strictly prohibited and will result in punishment.

Other Rules

If you are a member of The Night Guard and have a familiar, meaning characters over the age of 18, you are physically unable to be away from your familiar farther then a mile at the most. If that happens you will suffer an excruciatingly painful death, both mythical creature and human.

Your familiar reflects your position in the order. That means that if you are a Peacekeeper, you aren't going to have a little cat demon as your familiar or something else small. You would have a werewolf(which is at all times in wolf form and by wolf form I mean a big, anthromorphic type wolf because that's how I want it), or something else large. A Scribe isn't going to have a big werewolf or anything, more like something that is known for it's intelligence. The same is said about The hidden Watchers, they would have a familiar that is more known for it's quickness and/or ability to remain hidden, like a vampire or something along those lines.

If you are going to have something as a familiar that is notorious for being huge, it will have to be in a smaller form. The tallest it should be is around 7ft tall.

The Night Guard has the various different types of food one's familiar might need like blood, meat, energies, and anything else.

A Night Guard and their familiar have the ability to communicate telepathically to each other.

Night Guards, as well as anyone really who comes from Magically Gifted Linage, have the ability to sense when a mythical creature is nearby. The won't be able to tell what kind it is unless it is obvious or they have a specific smell but you will know if the person beside you is human or not.

In order for mythical creatures to legally cross through a portal into the human world they have to get a passport type deal. They submit their DNA and agree to keep a tracking device in the form of a necklace or bracelet, on them at all times until they return back to The Void.

((I have the right to add rules to anything I want!))

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅴ. Profile Guidelines

User Image

Okay I am starting off by saying I want everyone to make their own forum for their profiles so it doesn't clutter up space. Make your profile, post it into Barton OOC and send me the link to it along with your request to join. If you are playing a Night Guard member, meaning you are also playing your familiar, then you can just put the familiar profile on the same. Without further ado, I present the profile guidelines.

The Night Guard Profile Skeleton:

[align=center][size=14][img]postimg here no bigger then 350x350[/img]
[color=color1]First, middle, last name[/color]
[color=color2]*Insert relevant quote to character here[/color][/size]

[color=color1][size=8]▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/size][/color][size=8][color=color2]▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/color][/size]

[size=12][color=color1]*Insert ful[/color]l name here*[/color] [color=color2]is the name and[/color] [color=color1]*specialty, if under 18 put student*[/color] [color=color1]is my game! Which means I belong to[/color] [color=color2]*order here, if student put order you are training for*[/color]
[color=color2]As you can see I am a [/color][color=color1]*insert gender here*[/color] [color=color2]who happens to like[/color] [color=color1]*Gender you like here*[/color]
[color=color2]Don't worry though, I'm[/color] [color=color1]*insert age here, no younger then 15*[/color] [color=color2]so I know what I'm doing![/color]
[color=color2]People say I have a bad habit of:[/color] [color=color1]*Insert personality traits here, make them complete sentences and unique!* [/color][color=color2]but I don't really see it.[/color]
[color=color2]I discovered I happen to like[/color] [color=color1]*insert likes here*[/color]
[color=color2]But really don't like[/color] [color=color2]*Insert dislikes here*[/color]
[color=color2]My life isn't just rainbow's and sunshines! [/color] [color=color1]*Insert bio here, make it unique and special! Specify where your character is from, their life before joining the order and after, other things of that nature. Also include some about their magical background, as in who their magical ancestors were and the like!*[/color] [color=color2]but you live and learn.[/color]
[color=color2]I have a[/color] [color=color1]*insert Weapon here, be specific and nothing to unbelievable, a Scribe isn't going to have an uzi or anything*[/color] [color=color2]and I know how to use it![/color]
[color=color2]My ever faithful companion just so happens to be[/color] [color=color1]*insert familiar name here, if a student then delete this portion and ignore familiar profile.*[/color]
[color=color2]They give me[/color] [color=color1]*Insert the special abilities your familiar gives you. This means things like enhanced senses, somewhat enhanced strength, things like that. You will not have flat out control of elements or anything along that nature. If student you will not have any special power type deals, put things here that your character is really good at.*[/color]
[color=color2]Oh I love this song![/color] *Characters favorite song or song that has some meaning to them in link form*
[color=color2]I forgot to tell you something.[/color] [color=color1]*insert anything else I forgot about here*[/color]
[color=color2]I wish I could escape the eyes![/color] [color=color1]*insert your name here*[/color][/size][/align]

The Familiar Profile Skeletons, to be included with The Night Guard: (make colors different from character)

[align=center][align=center][size=14][img]postimg here no bigger then 350x350[/img]
[color=color1]Name here[/color]

[color=color2]I happen to be friends with[/color] [color=color1]*insert Night Guard companion here* [/color][color=color2]whom I happen to think highly of. It might not be to obvious at first but I am[/color] [color=color1]*age here*[/color] [color=color2]and happen to be a[/color] [color=color1]*gender and race here*[/color]
[color=color2]I happen to be quite fond of[/color] [color=color2]*Likes here*[/color]
[color=color2]but hate[/color] [color=color1]*dislikes here*[/color]
[color=color2]Human's just don't understand why I am[/color] [color=color1]*personality traits here! They can be completely the opposite or even the same as the companion but be descriptive* [/color][color=color2]but I aim to make them figure out why![/color]
[color=color2]My life before being bonded:[/color] [color=color1]*Bio here, include what your character did before being summoned and bonded, their life in The Void and if they are really old, their life before being placed in The Void*[/color]
[color=color2]I have a[/color] [color=color1]*insert Weapon here, be specific and nothing to unbelievable, more then likely it's going to just be claws and teeth or fist or whatnot.*[/color] [color=color2]and I know how to use it![/color]
[color=color2]I have abilities you know! [/color][color=color1]*Insert powers and abilities here. If your familiar happens to be a shifter race it is permanently stuck in it's animal form once it is bonded)[/color]
[color=color2]What might lie beyond the cover: [/color][color=color1]*Insert anything other here*[/color][/align]

The Illuminati:

[color=color1][size=8]▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/size][/color][size=8][color=color2]▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/color][/size]

[size=12][color=color1]*Insert full name here*[/color] [color=color2]is how I like to be addressed and[/color] [color=color1]The Illuminati[/color] [color=color1]is who I align myself with.
[color=color2]As you can see I am a [/color][color=color1]*insert gender here*[/color] [color=color2]who happens to like[/color] [color=color1]*Gender you like here*[/color]
[color=color2]My age is[/color] [color=color1]*insert age here, no younger then 18*[/color] [color=color2]which really is known of your business.[/color]
[color=color2]People say I have a bad habit of:[/color] [color=color1]*Insert personality traits here, make them complete sentences and unique!* [/color][color=color2]which is obvious if you pay attention.[/color]
[color=color2]I discovered I happen to like[/color] [color=color1]*insert likes here*[/color]
[color=color2]But really don't like[/color] [color=color2]*Insert dislikes here*[/color]
[color=color2]What is in the past is the past [/color] [color=color1]*Insert bio here, make it unique and special! Specify where your character is from, their life before joining The Illuminati and after, other things of that nature. Also include some about their magical background, as in who their magical ancestors were and the like!*[/color] [color=color2]which is also none of your business[/color]
[color=color2]My most useful tools[/color] [color=color1]*insert Weapon here, be specific and nothing to unbelievable*[/color] [color=color2]which I am rather skillful with.[/color]
[color=color2]I have certain additions:[/color] [color=color1]*Since the Illuminati don't have familiars they don't have magical abilities like the Night Guard. You can however get certain ''vaccinations" to give you enhanced strength, senses, or speed. You can't have all three though so pick and choose. The Illuminati is more science based so things like robotic limbs and stuff like that are okay as well. Though they can not be super overpowered and neither can the vaccinations abilities.* [/color]
[color=color2]I find this song amusing.[/color] *Characters favorite song or song that has some meaning to them in link form*
[color=color2]I forgot to tell you something.[/color] [color=color1]*insert anything else I forgot about here*[/color]
[color=color2]I wish I could escape the eyes![/color] [color=color1]*insert your name here*[/color][/size][/align]

The mythical creature profile skeletons:

[size=12][color=color1]*Insert full name here*[/color] [color=color2]is the name and[/color] [color=color1]*Race here*[/color] [color=color1]is my game!
[color=color2]Don't worry though, I'm[/color] [color=color1]*insert age here, no younger then 15*[/color] [color=color2]so I know what I'm doing![/color]
[color=color2]People say I have a bad habit of:[/color] [color=color1]*Insert personality traits here, make them complete sentences and unique!* [/color][color=color2]but I don't really see it.[/color]
[color=color2]Life in The Void is hard [/color] [color=color1]*Insert bio here, make it unique and special! Include what your character does normally in The Void, how they were able to get into the human world, and what they hope to accomplish in the human world*[/color] [color=color2]but you live and learn.[/color]
[color=color2]I have a[/color] [color=color1]*insert Weapon here, be specific and nothing to unbelievable, more then likely it's going to just be claws and teeth or fist or whatnot.*[/color] [color=color2]and I know how to use it![/color]
[color=color2]I have special powers[/color] [color=color1]*Insert the special abilities here, abilities have to be standard things to the race you are playing* [/color]
[color=color2]Oh I love this song![/color] *Characters favorite song or song that has some meaning to them in link form*

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅵ. Accepted Characters

User Image

As stated above, each person needs to put their profile(s) into a thread and send me the link, which I will post here. Until we fill up spots I will only have three available slots in each order for now. There will be six slots for the mythical creature area as well. I would love if someone wanted to play the head of The Night Guard, male or female, so send me a profile for that if you want! Superiors of each order are needed too!

The Patriarch/Matriarch:
Phantom Freud LaBlanke

The Peace Keeprs:

Like their name suggests, the Peace Keepers are the ones who go in to keep the peace and fight if need be. The peace keepers are trained in hand to hand combat, melee weapons, or firearms and are very good at this. Usually two or three Peace Keepers are sent in together to break up mass groups of Mythical creatures. Peace Keepers are the one's most often sent in to bring back creatures that have tampered with their tracking devices or taken them off. They are the ones that will save the casual citizen from a hungry creature! Their familiars tend to be things like werewolves, minotaurs, golums, larger demons, giants, and the like

Head of The Peace Keeper Order: Nathaniel Zathrien Mandrake

Hand-to-Hand Combat Specialist: Roberto Augustus Rodriquez

Melee Weapons Specialist:

Firearms Specialist:Cassandra Michelle Rainwater

The Hidden Watchers:

These are the people in the shadows, the people that are quick, agile and graceful. The members of The Hidden Watchers are like spies, sent in to gather information without being detected.These are also those that are sent in after single targets to give quick deaths. Also under the Hidden Watchers training is being a personal body guard to humans at risk of assassination by mythical creatures. They are skilled in their duties and do everything in secret. Hidden Watchers can be trained as Assassins, Counter Intelligence, or Protection. Hidden Watchers tend to have familiars such as vampires, shadow beasts, and demons known for their agile and grace.

Head of The Hidden Watchers: Tatiana Ivanovna Venediktov

Assassin: Alexander Julian Sauvageon

Protection: Kitten O'Conner

Counter Intelligence:

The Scribes:

The Scribes are the eggheads, the intelligent people who couldn't swing a stick if their life depended on it! The Scribes are the ones behind the scenes, giving information to the teams out in the area. Scribes can be trained in weapons technology, where they modify and create weapons to better suit the other orders. Creature Lore, where they research all known creatures and create new entries for new and old discoveries. Forensic Specialist are those that go into crime scenes reported by authorities that are suspected belonging to supernatural forces. They take evidence, test DNA, and after everything is done, remove the crime scene. These people are also the ones that wipe the memories of any humans that happen to see any mythical creature. Scribes have things like dragons, sphinxs, and other creatures that are known for their high intelligence.

Head of The Scribes:

Weapons Technology:

Creature Lore: Geli Rivka Eichel

Forensic Specialist:

Students:

As the title suggest, a student in The Night Guard is anyone between the ages of 15 and 18. These are the promising young teens of The Night Guard Future! For year one of your schooling you study little bits of each of the three Orders and after the year long teaching period you choose the order that best suits you.

Students:

The Illuminati:

These are the people who have vaguely similar ideas to the Night Guard, protect humanity from the mythical creatures that wish them harm. Their methods are different however as they seek to destroy all mythical creatures and consider the Night Guard weaker and foolish. They do not have familiars as they consider them a crutch. They also don't have different orders, preferring to be closer knit.

The Leader of the Illuminati: Leonardo Maxamillion King (At the very bottom)

Members of the Illuminati:

The Mythical Creatures:

I shouldn't have to go into specifics here! Anything that isn't human is going to be put here. I don't want a bunch of werewolves or vampires or the like, try and make things different and unique. There are no set number of slots here so anyone is free to create a mythical creature.

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅶ. Setting/Weather

User Image

This takes place on Earth which means that actual countries and cities and towns are used so include those in your biography! The location of this particular role play is none other then The Big Apple! New York City to everyone else, NYC is one of the largest cities in the world! Which means it has one of the biggest portals too. Any and all locations in New York City are open to play in or around so no need to fear there.

The Night Guard headquarters is not something to be just open to the public, their existence is a complete secret. Oddly enough the building is in one of the many neighborhoods of downtown New York City and while you think this might lead to complications it actually hasn't. Surrounding the ordinary, somewhat rundown looking building is a quaint little coffee shop, a few different ethnic food restaurants, a dry cleaner, and a few clothing stores. The outside of the building blends into the surroundings, red stone with dirty glass and boarded up windows. In truth it looks like it might have at one point been an apartment complex as it stands four stories tall and has a few old air conditioning units sticking out of some windows. If you glanced inside the building you would see exactly what you expected, old boxes, a few bed frames here and there, some discarded furniture and lots of dust, grime, and anything else dirty.

The front door is boarded over and like many parts of the outside it is littered with graffiti. If you ever bothered to pull back the wood on the door you would actually notice that no door exist, it just leads to a slab of metal and the actual glass in the windows is bulletproof and nearly impossible to break. The actual entrance into the building is in the back, gotten to by trudging along the alley directly on the side. After you have stepped past strategically placed garbage and weeds you will come to a small fenced in yard with more weeds, over grown grass, and garbage. Connected to the building is a little tool shed with a wooden plank door hanging off a hinge. Inside a few shelves hang off of the wall but there are also a few bags of mulch and random discarded tools. The shed is really just a plain old shed until you adjust the small garden trowel hanging off a nail. Doing that will reveal a hidden panel and on the panel are two things, a red orb that scans retinas and a green digital pad that records thumb prints.

In order to gain access to the wonder underneath you must pass both scans and then the back wall of the shed opens, revealing a metallic elevator. Two guards sit in a separate room from the elevator but view able by glass and once they scan your identity again you are cleared to move.This particular elevator only has one direction, down. The Night Guard base of New York lies strictly underground, hidden from the prying eyes of civilians.

Level one is is where you are going to find the Patriarch/Matriarch as well as the offices of the Heads of the Orders and the classrooms for the students. The home of the Creature Lore Specialist is a vast library stock piled with books and every other piece of data written on mythical creatures as well as texts for students to study for exams. The other eggheads of the guard are also here, both having labs on this level as well. The Weapon's Specialist lab is where new weapons are created, old are modified, and other gadgets of the guard are created and modified. The complex security system of the headquarters is also run by this order. Forensic Specialist have a lab here as well though their's is a bit more disturbing. Samples of crime scenes are kept here as well as unusual samples for observation and testing and even cadavers to study and do autopsies on. At times the occasional human victim is kept here as well to do autopsies but for the most part if you aren't a Forensic Specialty you won't be entering there.

Level two is where you are going to go to train. Most of the time this level is inhabited by students of The Peace Keepers and The Hidden Watchers but it is open to everyone really. There are different sections, specializing in gun training, melee weapons, and hand to hand combat. If you want to find a sparring partner, this is the place to go as well. Even if you are a member of The Scribes you will be taught how to use a gun and knife but these are for safety reasons. If you want to train or just brush up on some skills you go here. There are different combat setting's for any environment you might face in New York. The most dangerous site in headquarters is here as well, The Familiar training ground. Your familiar's will be coming here to train and hone their skills, to brush off the cobwebs that cling to their skills from their years in The Void. If you are wanting to train with your familiar to get a feel for their skills and tune your own to theirs then you train with them here. Weapons are not permitted in the headquarters and are stored here, if you wish to train you check them out here but all guns have blanks in them and the real ammo is only given for missions.

Level three is where the The Night Guard members live. Each member lives on site, whether you are a lowly student up to The Patriarch/Matriarch. Each Order has it's own set of Dormitories, consisting of two single beds per room, a closet for each person, one full bath per room, as well as two desks. You are free to decorate these rooms as you see fit as underground life can get a bit lonely. The dorms for students is similar but four students go into each room, four beds, four lockers for items, four small desks, and a bathroom. If your familiar is to large to fit in your room or simply desires to have space to themselves, each dorm room has a single connecting room mirroring the larger room it is connected to but is designed for one creature. Level three is where you go to get food in the Cafeteria, serving all three meals and snacks throughout the day. Not to bad but nothing four star quality! There is a big recreation room with different things to keep you occupied during your time off, including video game consoles, books, T.V with actual satellite shows, and a bunch of movies. If you get bored of these, you can go up to the surface but like everyone else it has to be during the night so your familiar is kept hidden.

Another major location is The Void. Until the great war of Humanity vs Mythical Creature such a place did not exist. After the war it was decided that all remaining creatures would be sent there and it was created. The magically gifted of the world pooled their magic together to open another dimension and the remaining packets of creatures were hunted down and forced into it. The Void is a vast place, very bleak and dismal. The sky is grey and no vegetation or water exist in this plane, it is simply rocks in their many forms. The good thing of this dimension is that hunger has no effect here and the lack of food sources is no problem. The land is no cake walk though as all magic is sapped away in this dimension. Creatures must rely on their wits and strength to survive against each other. Still, it isn't all bad news here as swirling purple and black vortex's stand throughout the land and these are entrances into the human world. Though in this world there are rips and tears that connect the two worlds that allow creatures to get in and out without having to go through the proper procedures and it is these creatures that The Night Guard protect our world from.

These vortex's open up into plain buildings that are run very government like. Creatures wanting to gain access must fill out paperwork and provide proper identification in some form. They are given a passport of sorts and told to keep it on them at all times for identification purposes. Of course they also are given tracking devices that monitor their movements as well in case trouble breaks out. If your intentions are true in this world then you should have no trouble going through the proper channels but it is generally those angered at humanity and seeking revenge that enter this world through the rips and tears and cause trouble.

The Date/Weather:
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31
Warm, Sunny, Raining, Snowing, Windy, Hot, Cold, Sever Conditions.
8:30 Pm and the sun is starting to go down.

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Ⅷ. Gadgets and things

User Image

Gadgets used by The Night Guard are far more technologically advanced than the civilian population and the passports and tracking devices given to creatures are special and unique.

Communicator Cuff: After you are taken on as a student you are given a communicator cuff. These devices have small microphones inside them that are fine tuned specifically to the voice of the agent and later to their familiar as well. On the screen will appear a map of your current location and thanks to sensors in the cuff it can detect non-human life. Blips appear on the map when you are within fourty yards of a creature to mark their location. When not in map mode it displays time and location. This device acts as a sort of mobile phone, connecting you to the base or any other fellow agents with just a simple voice command. The only time one should take this device off is when bathing but it is waterproof and can withstand heated and chilled temperatures.

Hearing Device Like the title suggest, this device goes in a single ear and allows you to hear the voice of the other agent you are speaking to via communicator cuff. It can go in either ear and does not block out or muffle normal sounds in that ear. It slightly enhances the hearing of quieter noises but not as well as one would hope. The bud that goes inside the ear is very snug and soft so the agent will not feel it inside the ear and not easily removed. Like the cuff, it usually only comes out of an agent's ear if they are bathing or need both ears for something.

Tracker Device: Once given access into the human world, a creature is fitted with one of these. It can act as a collar, bracelet, anklet, or fastened to anything else. As long as it touches the body at all times your location is constantly tracked. If tampered with alarms go off at the location you were issued this device and employees of that department will send your last known locations to an agent to track you down and return you to the portal. Once successfully caught you will be forbidden to return to the human world for a determined amount of time.

Passport: All your information is placed on this card upon your first time in the human world and you keep it for the rest of your life. A Sample of DNA is on the sample as well as a thumb print if you have thumb prints that is. When in the human world you must keep this on you at all times in case you are stopped and questioned by the guard. Failure to present this to an agent will send you back to The Void and you will be unable to come back to the human world for some time.

next to a gadget means it is Night Guard issued.
next to a gadget means issued to creatures who legally crossed over.

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
BUMP

User Image

We are now currently Open! Flock to us and

☽═━┈┈━═☾

Dedicated Loiterer

8,850 Points