Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

"I will never stop trying to be the person I see reflecting back at me through those eyes."

♚▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄♚
User Image

Still enjoying her cigarette, Commander Vegas took notice of Alister as he approached. She'd exhale with her lips pursed slightly to the side so the smoke did not detract from the once over she offered the handsome captain. Despite being hidden behind a mask, it was not hard to tell that she approved of the new look. Granted, it wasn't like she was trying to hide that fact either. The Captain spoke to her addressing her appearance in part. She would keep her eyes fixed ahead of her, the corners of her lips being the only thing to change as they subtly coiled into a simple grin.

"I must admit, Captain, you look quite dashing all decked out in such a fine suit and tie." Alister would make mention of this part of her making its way to his quarters and she would chuckle softly, turning to look at him with hungry eyes. "As a great man once said Captain, Sex without pain is like food without taste."

She would take a long pause to take in her cigarette, her eyes more calmly sated if one could even say the Commander had the ability to become so. As the rest of the team filed in, Vegas watched carefully as the mission began to unfold, upon arrival Gunnar quickly headed out to fulfill his part of the deal. Returning he would hand off an invitation to Christian and so too would he head out after Vegas had gracefully accepted his compliment and returned one as well to the young white haired man.

As everyone would slowly disband Vegas too would nod over to Captain Blood and head out. Once on Phobos she would look around at the sights, it was beautiful and enchanting as she walked the streets alone, a sight that some would find off as she was a bit young to be without a chaperon or guard. Her confident gait and fearlessness only turning more heads. Finally reaching a gazebo near the rear entry of Dionysus lavish estate the young woman could wait for a moment and gather her thoughts. She had time before she was to do anything, and thus she would sit on the rail and think.

Her mind would skim over the past few days as it tried to make sense of any of the thoughts it had about them. Captain Pierce was still detained, but she had an agreement with Captain Blood that would help her in retrieving him once they'd brought Dani back and found her a safe place to be. She'd think on Kramer and Locke, and how their lives had been ceased by her own hands. There was nothing that would wash clean the blood on them now. They would always be stained a brilliant shade of crimson. But what truly terrified her was her lack of remorse for the situation. No matter how she'd slice it, the world missed nothing by those deaths.

Suddenly her HUD popped up with an alert that Christian was in the building, Vegas would jump off the railing and closer to the back entrance to see where she would cause an explosion. She'd frown as she would notice that nothing available to her with her means would cause the sort of explosion she was looking for. Her HUD would be working swiftly to find another option, but alas, there appeared to be none. Vegas moved back over to the gazebo and sighed heavily. What the frak was she supposed to do? And then it dawned on her.

Moving to the side nearest the rear entry she would have her HUD turn on infrared, she'd look as she noticed two pipes, a large cooler one and a thinner warmer one within the wall. She'd smirk as she set her belt to her sights, it would move the smaller pipe, breaking it free and force it into the larger one. As the force from the water began to cause a distinct bow in the wall the young pink haired woman would knock around it to see where it was weakening, once she knew where it was weakening she backed away for a moment and then made a heavy kick, piercing it with the heel of her boot. The now tainted water from the gas pipe flowed freely out of the weakened water pipe as she nodded at her work.

Reaching up she would touch her ear to speak on the comm frequency. "Unfortunately no big explosive tonight, but I think I've got something better... Everyone just steer clear of the fountains. In a few minutes they're going to be quite the focal point..."

With that she waited for her cue, once Christian had found Daniella she would light the source point and set the fountains and facet fixtures aflame.

"Just give me the word when you guys are ready."

User Image
*SUPERNOVA*

Lie To Me...

"Out there, every star in the night’s sky is an oath I took for you..."
"Written in the largest letter I never sent. This oath I took for you, was written on my very soul and displayed for all to see in this very sky."

"...I love you enough to fuel the night's sky." ~
Tiberius Pierce

...Just once more

User Image User Image User Image

Mood: Feisty
Health: 85%
Song: She Rides

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXXWill was quick to follow after Dani as she set off in search of the snowy haired woman with static in her brain. Behind her mask, Daniella's eyes held a determined gaze. She focused in the crowd, still listening in on the woman's thoughts in short spurts. But someone intercepted Dani's path, trying to make a move as most people did her. Thankfully Will had been able to brush him off, but by that time Dani's target had disappeared into the throng of people. With a small huff, the blonde stopped and turned back to Will. "I lost her." She said to him, frowning softly. Dani could tell just by looking at the state of Will's jaw that he wasn't quite pleased with her behavior...Daniella needed to buy time. She was certain Alexei had messaged Christian and Alister, but there was no telling what time they would make it to the party if they made it at all. Dani fully intended to stay the whole length of the party, but she feared Will might send her back to the ship if she wasn't proving herself useful.

"Sorry. I'll focus now. I just got distracted by that woman..." Daniella almost whispered. She lifted a hand and pushed her fingers through her golden locks. She needed to find 'the leak', as Will would call it. And it was now or never. Dani turned away from Will, ready to start searching through the minds of those nearest them. But she stopped short when something tapped against her foot. Daniella looked down, grey eyes landing on a green fish.

"Hello, friend!"

For a moment Daniella just stared at the fish in his little orb. He wasn't too big or too small. Just the right size. Goldie-locks. Soon a smile spread across her face. This was the cutest thing ever. Cute. That was the word right? Dani had never seen something up close that fit that description. Daniella leaned and lifted the orb in her hands. "Hello to you too!" She chirped, highly enthused by the friendly little artificial fish. "I'm Dani." It ocurred to her that she'd been distracted again. With Karl still in her dainty hands, Daniella turned back to Will.

"Can I keep him?" She blurted, feeling somewhat ridiculous for asking. Even if he said no, Dani intended on keeping her newly found friend. Dani adjusted her thin arms, bending her left at an angle. She nestled her new friend in the crook of her arm and held him against the fabric of her dress. Again she linked up with Will with her free arm and the two began wandering. Dani did her best to read the thoughts of the people she passed without giving herself a headache or spreading herself too thin. After a while of wandering, Dani tugged on Will's arm and came to a halt.

"Look left...in the back, near those columns." Daniella's eyes locked on the target at she explained it to Will. The man was obviously built, but not huge, and he looked a bit shaky and nervous on the surface. His mind was a jumbled mess. Past his intoxicated haze, his thoughts were flowing wildly. He was worried about the party, fearing that someone was on to him, and rightly so. Dani noticed how he fidgeted and glanced over his shoulder and was reminded of her own behavior. "That's him, I'm sure of it. His thoughts are very telling, even if they tend to ramble...But you need to get to him soon before he moves. He could disappear, you know." Dani released Will's arm and looked at him, not sure what he was going to do next. She kept her focus on the rambling man for a bit longer before checking the surrounding people. Maybe he wasn't alone. It was possible after all...
            But instead of finding an accomplice or an enemy, Daniella found a familiar voice instead.

He called out to her, grabbing her attention instantly. Dani felt her breath catch in her throat. They had made it, which meant Alexei had sent the message in time. She did her best to keep a straight face, hiding her enthusiasm. "Christian...I'm so happy you're alright." Casually she looked around at the other partygoers until she located Christian. Daniella didn't keep her silver eyes on him for long, fearing she may give him away. But thankfully linking herself with Christian was a piece of cake. He was familiar. "It's a relief to see you. I'm sorry about everything..." Dani replied. "I'm behind you and to the right. Red dress, red and black mask. Also I'm holding a little green friend..." Daniella looked down to Karl and smiled at him again. She was not quite sure what course of action Will was going to take now that Dani had located his intended target...but perhaps she could persuade him into letting her have some more party fun. If Christian did indeed come to ask her to dance it could work.
            "Asking for a dance is a good plan. How long until plan B? We need to find Alexei. She helped me by contacting you and I promised her my assistance." It must have sounded crazy to Christian, Dani was sure of that. Not all that long ago Alexei was pistol-whipping her and aiding in her kidnapping. But with the favor she had just done, Daniella was willing to put that behind them...now she just had to convince everyone else to do the same. "I can't leave without her." A firm tone laced Dani's words. She wasn't backing down from this.

Daniella looked to Will. "I found your prize. Can I try to have some fun now? I want to dance more, and eat. I'm so hungry..." The blonde whined before pushing her lips into a pout. She was obviously grinding on Will's nerves, and hopefully he would be more than happy to be rid of her for a moment---or so she wished. In reality, Dani knew it was unlikely that Will would let her walk too far away. She was his new asset. Daniella decided that if Christian asked her for a dance she would accept, without waiting for approval from her captor. She just hoped Christian wasn't so injured that he couldn't defend himself against Will if he needed to. Her mind wandered back to the brief fiasco during her training with Will...Yes. She could help out this time.

She just needed to figure out how to activate that part of herself...

xxxxLocation :: Phobos - Dionysus' party
xxxxCompany :: Will, Karl, & Christian
xxxxHealth :: 90% - Relieved.
xxxxTunes ::Everything Will Be Alright - The Killers
xxxxAttire ::Fancy

Beloved Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

I'm miss autonomy, miss nowhere, I'm at the bottom of me
                              Miss androgyny, miss don't care, What I've done to me

¤Company: Dani/Leon ¤Condition: 98% ¤Location: Dionysus' Party
                              I am misused, I don't wanna do, Be not your slave
                              Misguided, I mind it, I'm missin' the train

When the dusky male spun around to look at her, Róisín still had an innocent smile painted across her porcelain face. There was not an ounce of recognition in his features that hinted he might’ve been the man she was looking for. She was irked to say the least. ”Damn it,” she thought to herself, her eyes narrowing behind the blacked out lenses. She knew it couldn’t have been that easy. Had the man looked upon her dress and had a much different look on his face, she might’ve been inclined to lead him away to his death. Instead, the man seemed on edge about something. It was odd as most of the party-goers were too ‘spirited’ to fear death’s roughest of touches. Despite a blood-boiling reaction to being told she was not young and dainty, her expression did not crack. At the very least, his face harbored slight tremors of terror which sufficed her blood curdling sense of humor enough to cool the burning rage sizzling down the back of her throat. Perhaps, he could still be of some use to her, even if he wasn’t her intended target. It couldn’t hurt to have a bit of fun with the chicken-hearted man either. “Not very damselly?” she questioned with her posh little tone. “Well,” she fanned herself with her bundle of red and black fabric, “that’s not very nice. What if someone important is under this mask of mine? For all you know, I could have received a personal invitation from the gods themselves. That’s something most people would kill for,” she chuckled, “With the right strings pulled here and there, a noose is entirely capable of being formed, all because you didn’t humor a lady fishing for compliments.” It wasn’t entirely untruthful. It must have been unusual to see someone with their wits still intact with all that was going through the air and cuisine. Such effects were easily tolerated by those who were constantly in the presence of gods. Róisín, however, was designed to survive toxic air, and her body had been modified with no reason to copulate. She needed to find the man quickly if she was to make it out without someone questioning why she still retained every article of her clothing.

With her dual sets of dagger jaws, dense, meaty, claws, and unquenchable thirst for vitae; she was very similar to some of the monsters the factions had created. The gods themselves had been known to craft and employ beings similar to their archaic namesake. Keres, spirits of violent deaths, had been known to rip out the entrails of warriors during times of war long before technology existed to create their equally fierce counterparts. She swirled around the wine in her glass, contemplating on just what she intended to do with the contaminated contents. “I suppose, that’s a chance you’re willing to take. I don’t entirely blame you. You never know what you’re going to find in places like this. Take my glass for example,” she purposed as she raised the drink nestled within her hand. “How many of these have you seen tonight? Everyone else seems to have calices, yet I know I witnessed a tray of these weaving through the crowds. I sipped it earlier and nothing has happened, so I doubt it’s been drugged. I just find it so… peculiar. Dionysus couldn’t have run out of an alternate wine that quickly, could he?” she said as she continued to twirl the wine. Every now and again a piece of glass from the broken capsule would capture a glint of light and flicker within the deep colored fluid. She could see there was something in her drink, and she fully intended for the other to spot and warn the ‘dumb’ girl that something was indeed amiss. Or perhaps, he would miss it entirely and take a swig of the mix of delicious godly nectar and hellish shards of glass insidiously waiting to shred someone’s organs. Róisín sincerely hoped the latter option would be exactly what fate had in store. With luck, the situation would only further exacerbate the panic she had in mind for the party and its patrons.

Karl, inside his little grapefruit sized ball, could not have been happier to see light and something other than pretty lacy underwear. He smiled, as best he could with his tiny pixelated mouth, at the blonde as she tenderly picked him up and cradled him in her hands. He loved meeting new people. They never lasted very long with Róisín around, but they were still fun nonetheless while alive and well. Sometimes he wished she didn’t have to kill every single person that got too close, and many times she would let them get away alive if they had behaved, however, he knew that the more people who knew where she was and how she worked the more dangerous their lives would be. He was just as much a wanted criminal and dangerous weapon as she was, despite how friendly he appeared to be. It was something that went a little deeper than simple programming. Any robot could be programed to spurt out affectionate responses to their owners. Karl was a much more advanced AI in that respect. He had the ability to think for himself and comprehend orders without having to look up a file of what the proper responses were. He was able to choose to listen or disobey, which was why Róisín valued his company so dearly. He managed to keep things… interesting. “Hi, Dani! My name’s Karl!” chimed the AI system, flickering with every other syllable. He didn’t know what the girl meant by, ‘keep’. He had never heard of such a term before. Whatever it was it seemed like fun! He had never been ‘kept’ by someone before. He wondered if Róisín knew what it was like. She had worked for a company and been a janitorial droid before; surely, this was what it felt like. As he was tucked into the crook of the girl’s arm, he looked around to see if Róisín was still nearby. She always seemed to get so uppity when he was nowhere to be found. He didn’t want her to worry. She had told him not to speak to her until it was safe, but she didn’t say anything about talking with new people! There was always the phone she had stolen from her last meal too. That was it! That’s how he could let her know what was going on! Silently, he typed up a message and sent it off in hopes that Róisín was having just as much fun as he was.

Karl: I’m on an adventure! <3

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                              And I don't know where I've been, And I don't know what I'm into, And I don't know what I've done to me
                              And as I watch you disappear into the ground, My one mistake was that I never let you down
                              So I'll waste my time and I'll burn my mind, On miss nothing, miss everything

Dapper Explorer

User Image
William Howard Braxton

Will was hot on Daniella’s heels as she followed the strange person. If it was who Will was looking for, it would be crucial to get a positive ID and mark him or her. Unfortunately, a man got in their way. The classic downfall about going to one of Dionysus’ parties with an attractive woman meant everyone would hit on her, no matter if she was taken or not. We do not have time for this, Will thought, stepping between the man and Dani. ”Sorry. She’s with me,” Will said impatiently with a fake smile as he forced the man out of the way. The man stumbled back and turned away, his interest in Daniella now gone as his eyes landed on another woman. Turning back to Daniella, he heard her in his thoughts, "I lost her."

Will turned away from her for a moment in frustration before looking back at her. It was obvious in his body language he was growing more and more agitated with the girl. ”You do that,” he responded as he looked away and scanned the crowd. He lost himself in searching the crowd for a few moments before he heard Daniella speak to someone. Turning back to face her, she was looking at him with some orb in her hands. Inspecting it, he could see a green fish floating inside. He had no idea where it had come from, or who it belonged to. This was not one of the best places to bring or get a pet. Still, he needed to keep the girl happy. ”Fine. Just don’t forget why we’re here,” he said, looking away to scan the crowd once more. He then felt her link arms with him and lead him to wander around the party once more.

Finally, the moment he had been waiting for came. Daniella had found his target. Excellent, Will replied warmly. He was genuinely happy for once since arriving at this party, and it could easily be seen in his thoughts. Will looked to where Dani had described and saw the man. He certainly looked the part. ”Stay here. I’ll be back in a minute,” Will ordered as he took Dani next to a buffet. ”You can have whatever you want, just don’t eat any of the baked goods. They’re laced with psychotropic drugs.” He then paused and scanned the table once more. The food was probably all tainted by something meant to evoke pleasure or an unnatural high in the guests of the party. ”In fact, it would probably be best to just eat the fruit. I’m fairly certain they only soaked them in alcohol,” Will said to the girl. He did not want her stuffing her face only to turn her blood into a chemical cocktail that could kill her or make her start talking to people in their heads.

With his last piece of advice, Will picked up a couple of shots of vodka and downed them. He then grabbed a third and swished it around in his mouth for a few moments before swallowing. The burn from the alcohol was strong, and he was certain this was some of the strongest vodka in existence. He then grabbed a glass of some brightly colored mixed drink and began to make his way through the crowd. As he approached the man, his walk began to fall apart. Will went from the stride of a civilized man to something more akin to a horrible attempt at dancing as he got close to his target. ”Heeeelllllooooo friend!” the spy exclaimed as he practically slammed into the man. Will dragged his free hand across the man’s jacket as he tried to support himself against the stranger, a small bit of the mixed drink dumping out onto the ground. After a moment of shock and surprise, the man helped Will stand up.

”Who the ******** are you?” he asked, his confusion almost visible through his mask.

”Woops. Sorry about that. Thought you were someone else,” Will said, his speech a little slurred whenever he tried to use an “s” sound. Will placed his hand on the man’s chest as he steadied himself, though still somewhat wobbly. ”Well, while I’m here, maybe we could become friends,” the spy breathed softly as he lifted his free hand and ran it across the exposed skin on the man’s face.

”Get off me!” the man yelled, grabbing Will’s arm and twisting it behind him. He spun Will around and pushed him away, sending the spy stumbling away before collapsing on the ground. The mixed drink spilled out onto the ground and Will, some onto his empty hand.

Standing up, Will wiped his hands off and looked back at the man. ”Someone is no fun,” he said with a frown before stumbling off back towards the buffet where he left Daniella. As he disappeared from the man’s sight in the crowd, Will’s walk returned to normal. As he made his way through the throngs of people, he whispered over the comm channel, ”Objective complete. Target has been marked with chemical tracker. Best we get out of here sooner than later, Six. I don’t know how long I can stand this place or dealing with the girl.”

Current Name: Ben HughesUser Image
Current Objective: Locate and Identify the Leak, Leave the Party

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Masquerade
stamina // 45% - feverish, dazed, entranced (Leon, 92% - brash)
addiction status // craving

The lady did not respond the way León had hoped by walking off in a huff after hearing his snub, instead, she pressed him further, as if she enjoyed the little game of keeping him on his guard. His artificial smile plastered upon his face, he listened with slight amusement as she talked herself up. "For all you know, I could have received a personal invitation from the gods themselves. That’s something most people would kill for." At that phrase, as if she had revealed a deep dark secret, León let out a laugh. "Oh, I'm sure you did." He decided not to mention to this alabaster lady that he actually was one of the lucky ones who got the invite delivered to him by a heavenly hand. From one of the big boys themselves, actually. After all, he'd been an Olympian soldier long enough to merit a lot of trust with a few of the Gods. "With the right strings pulled here and there, a noose is entirely capable of being formed, all because you didn’t humor a lady fishing for compliments.” León gave her an incredulous look before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, chewing on the end. "Yeah honey, I'm aware of how the complaint of a God's lady can bring down flames on a rival's head, or their loved ones, or their entire hometown," he said with a bored tone. Once, he had insulted a consort of Poseidon's by 'ignoring her flirtations' too many times and nearly ended up losing his arm, had he not slaughtered a few dozen men to prove his honor to the watery God. So, this woman's veiled threats meant nothing to him.

The woman seemed to catch onto his lackadaisical response, because her tone shifted a little. "I suppose, that’s a chance you’re willing to take. I don’t entirely blame you. You never know what you’re going to find in places like this. Take my glass for example. How many of these have you seen tonight? Everyone else seems to have calices, yet I know I witnessed a tray of these weaving through the crowds. I sipped it earlier and nothing has happened, so I doubt it’s been drugged. I just find it so…peculiar. Dionysus couldn’t have run out of an alternate wine that quickly, could he?” What the hell was this b***h trying to do, drug him and drag him into a back room? León blew some of the cigarette smoke up in the air and noticed the little pieces of glass floating in the alcohol. He wrinkled his nose and stood up from the stair, finally, straightening out his collar and taking the glass from her. Evidently, this woman was batshit crazy--one of those types who played innocent while chewing on your brains--and he didn't have time to play with this random psycho in a dress. Alexei's welfare tugged at the back of his mind.

It had been three days of punishment before Maiachev gave the cease-and-desist order to León. Running a hand through his salt-and-peppered hair, he thought about what exactly this girl, this 'Arachne', had done to warrant her penalty. Lethe's system was still new to him, and though the ambassador from the Olympians should have been better aware of the workings of the client organization, he hadn't bothered to read through the paperwork as usual. Hell, it still kinda pissed him off that he had to run around passing notes like a fifth-grader in history class, but he had been chosen by Apollo for his 'excellent people skills and charmingly brutal style', so whatever.

Not a lot of things shook him, but when he opened steel-enforced door to the darkened cell, he couldn't help but pull back a moment. The sixteen-year-old girl lay, bruised and nearly naked, on a thin mattress. Those infamous orange bulbs cast a glance at him through the blackness, and she let out a small breath of misery when she saw him. The girl shifted and sat up on the mattress. Before he could say anything, she began to unbutton the tattered shirt she had been left with after three days of constant abuse.

León lifted up his hand and gave a warm smile to her, urging her silently to stop. She did, though clearly confused by it. "Arachne?" he asked, though of course he knew it was her. "You are free to go. Maiachev wants to speak to you in his office." He knew the term 'free' had been used loosely. But what else could he say to this poor girl?

The drink still in his hand, he lifted it up as if giving a toast. "Dionysus never runs out of the good stuff, missy," he declared, before lowering it as if to drink it. Instead, he popped his cigarette from his mouth, ashed it on the floor, and flicked it into the cup. León handed the cup back to the woman and gave her one last charming smile. "Do enjoy the party," he said with a voice of honey, but one that belied 'don't ******** with me'. With that, he walked back into the crowd, determined to go and get Alexei.

Said girl stirred, the dark recesses of her mind slowly brightening like the dawn as Dionysus carefully moved her consciousness back into place. Alexei opened her eyes slowly, the world crawling around her. It felt like an eternity as her fingers brushed against her face and she vaguely realized she wasn't wearing her mask. But it was too much of a burden to try and find it. Instead, she sat up and looked blankly into the eyes of her savior. She wasn't sure why, but she felt an unearthed swell of debt within her heart for this God, beyond a normal acknowledgement of divinity. She smiled softly, not entirely sure why she was where she was or why her head felt hot.

Myone kept her fiery gaze on the recovering girl, spotting every wrinkle of confusion smooth from her face as she lost herself in trust towards Dionysus. The Phalanx was not completely under the God's spell, as nearly all were. The guard required a bit of detachment from such mystics if they were to do their job well. She respected Dionysus as a super-human, and as the captain of his personal guard, she had to be able to reason and argue with him in ways that would get others neutered. "There's something in the air. Something wrong." The bio-engineering she had tuned her into the atmospheres of places, and something had shifted. Amid the increased heart rates and rocketeering dopamine levels, she felt a storm. "I know you like to show yourself to the common rabble now and then, but I think it's time we got you someplace secure. Too many elements down there are not under your control. Most of them are just people who haven't eaten or drank too much, but some...some are too powerfully aware of themselves. I don't like it." The party itself would probably last for days, but Myone wasn't about to let Dionysus be there for the whole thing. "We should take her, too. Something tells me her being here isn't coincidence with these notions I'm having."

Alexei knew they were talking about her at the end, but she didn't really think about it much. She just stared longingly at Dionysus, tiny jolts of pleasure running down her spine as she drummed her fingers against the bed. The vision of a blonde girl in a red dress came into her mind, but it fell to the wayside in comparison to Dionysus' presence.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

Christian Adam Bernetxxxxxxthe heir to GenEx

xxxxxxxweep » for yourself, my man,
                                                xxxxxxxxx You'll never be what is in your heart
                                                xx
                                                x x WEEP LITTLE LION MAN
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxYou're not as brave as you were at the start
                                                xx↷ *)Rate yourself and rake yourself
                                                xxxx ● ● Tak e all the courage you have left

xxxxxxxxxxxxxWasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

phobosxx Danixx recovering

Christian waited for the voice to enter his mind, she must of caught it right away. A small smile graced his lips and Christian let a sigh of relief. She was here and she was alive. It was a good thing, they were closing in. As she stated where she was and what she was wearing, he glanced behind him. No doubt the man she was with was Ben. Christian just had to keep himself calm, make the most of the situation. Plan out escape routes, doors and exits to the outside. He was marking them all in the back of his mind, making multiple routes in case one went wrong.

As Daniella mentioned aiding Alexei Christian froze. What the hell do you mean help her. She kidnapped you and shot me, Christian sighed to himself. This was making the plan more difficult, it would be easier to merely get Dani out and not have to worry about Alexei. We are here to get you, aiding Alexei is not something I want to do and there is no way Alister would argee. Leave her, she betrayed you already do the same to her. We can't trust her. It was cold for him, but Christian didn't want to risk anything else.

He stepped between a few people, saying a small few hellos and making small talk. Keeping an eye on Dani and Ben, the two separated and Christian took his moment. Walking over to Dani with a smile. "Lovely party we are having, so many fine looking girls," Christian bowed his head a small bit and raised his hand out. "Care for a dance?" it would raise to much attention for him to ask Dani for a dance. She was a good looking woman and to see her so nicely dressed was a nice change of pace. "You look so very lovely, I couldn't go without from you."

If we are helping Alexei make one message very clear to her. No one will trust her and I cannot assure that Alister would even stop himself from shooting her on sight. We only have an hour to get out of her. I can get you out, Alexei will have to find another way. Its the ony way this will work without raising too many questions from Ben. Perhaps get Alexei to distract him. She doesn't want to help him, she can help us then. Christian led Dani out onto the dance floor. It was ballroom and it was all things Christian knew all too well.

"Its nice to see you look wonderful, should wear things like this more often. At my parties you would be the envy of many people," Small talk make it look like he was merely getting to know Dani. "So, tell me. How did you get to a party like this?"

Where's Alexei? he asked. Christian wouldn't have too much time before Ben stepped in. Dani was far too important to him, he wouldn't have her off the leash or too long. Spot her and I'll set everything up to get us out of here. I just have to give Alister the signal.

Hilarious Inquisitor

34 Minutes…

Six had been listening to the various voices that cropped up in the conversation with the mighty ‘God’. There was a sudden and awkward silence, which was then filled with all sorts of noises and mumblings from Alexei. Whatever words Dionysus’ image had spoken were merely in Alexei’s head, and therefore context was lost. The sounds, however, did a pretty good job of clueing Six in to what was actually happening in the room. Alexei was...well, getting to know Dionysus a little better than anyone else ever probably had. It became clear that Alexei had come to Phobos on more than just Will’s bidding and payroll. She had her own task to accomplish, and it seemed that she was deviating from her objective, but still causing enough trouble to be bad. Six was familiar with the tendency of the Gods to betray each other, while always somehow bringing it into a great balance of everyone playing nicely. If whatever it was that Alexei brought with her was supposed to go to Zeus, but she was giving it to Dionysus instead, things would not be ending well on either side of that transaction. Her interest in events increased upon hearing a pair of new voices, one belonging to the woman who had been with Alexei before Dionysus had come, and that of a man, that she swore she recognized from somewhere. Things were getting out of hand, but Six was patient. She spotted a man, that she assumed the voice belonged to, near the top of the stairs, still sure that she knew him from one place or another. She casually observed as he passed down the stairs and melted back into the rest of the crowd. Something inside her almost forced her to pursue him. He was a sort of attractive, and she hadn’t been participating much in the festivities. Sure, there was a job to do, but why shouldn’t she be able to have some fun? Atthel Harray. The name cracked in her mind like a whip. One of the many who had died to bring her to this point. She wasn’t here for a good time. She was here to accomplish a mission. And, unfortunately, she was here to make sure that Will completed his. She shook away any doubts in her mind, and the haze in her head parted for a moment, as she made her way up the stairs, slowly and casually, adding a little bit of a drunken swagger to her step, trying to play more of the ‘little lost girl ready to be taken advantage of’, as is the part that would appear most at home in this den of iniquity.

The planted listening device continued to catch the woman’s voice, and eventually, the tone adopted was that of concern. "There's something in the air. Something wrong." Was it possible that this woman had picked up on something? Perhaps it was Alexei, though she hadn’t said anything compromising. It may have been Daniella and Will that set it off, sending this woman rushing to conclusions. The notions coming from her mouth hit Six’s ears like a shuttle. The way this woman talked about taking Dionysus somewhere safe, and Alexei with them...she was obviously of his personal guard, and that meant she was a Phalanx. And even more than that, it crossed her mind, if she could get away with Alexei...there was no telling what she would say to them. She had to secure her temporary companion from the clutches of ‘the enemy’. Another voice filled her ear as she edged towards Dionysus’ chamber, and one with better timing than usual. ”Objective complete. Target has been marked with chemical tracker. Best we get out of here sooner than later, Six. I don’t know how long I can stand this place or dealing with the girl.” She mentally nodded, opening the channel and speaking quietly, barely at a whisper. Her and Will were used to having to communicate, sometimes even over comms, quietly. Their ears were pretty sharp, and he would just barely be able to make out, ”Roger that. Signal tracking confirmed. Also got a bug set on the tracker, just for audio surveillance and record keeping. You know how I like my audio logs. Upstairs from the main ballroom...we have a situation. Alexei is in enemy presence; Dionysus and one of his personal guards. We need to grab her before departure. She knows too much for Dionysus to have her. You’ll have to put up with the girl, and I, a little longer.” At least he had completed his damned mission, which meant soon she would be rid of him. Barring the horrible decision of having them work together again, though she was sure that if it came up, the Director would shoot it down. She made her desire to be away from Will quite clear, and this was just...a convenient team up.

Dionysus seemed to sigh as Myone went on about his safety, and how something was in the air, and all sorts of other, petty little worries. She was a fantastic choice for the head of his guard, and she could kill most adversaries with a few quick movements, but sometimes she was so overbearing. ”Must you be so tedious, my dear Myone?” He asked her casually, looking over Alexei again. ”I hope she begins to stir soon…” He didn’t actually seem to care if she woke up, but he was passively interested to see how badly it all affected her. ”I suppose, if you will insist upon our relocation, that I will allow it. Just do not forget who gives the orders, Myone. Pray I don’t consider your cautious urging too harsh. It’s bad enough that you must ruin my amusement at the festivities. I would have hoped you would have been eager to return to the floor. I saw quite a few more young women that would have catch your eye...and your tongue.” Myone scoffed at the God quietly, biting her lip. When Dionysus got like this, it was easiest to stay mostly silent, until he decided to go along with her. He was too prone to...fits, she usually called them. As much as she would rather go back downstairs and play with the others, she had a duty to perform, and she couldn’t shake the feeling that Alexei’s presence was a bad omen. Slowly, she waded back into the conversation, her glance fixed on Alexei again. ”I’ll just have a little more fun with this one. Poor thing could probably just a gentler touch than your overwhelming power and glory, My Radiance. Let us be on our way to-” She wouldn’t have a chance to finish that sentence as the sound of someone entering the room flowed into hearing.

28 Minutes…

Six came into the room, and her eyes had a hard time deciding between her three marks; Alexei, the mysterious woman, and the figure that was obviously Dionysus. Myone shifted her position in response to the stranger, putting herself between Six and Dionysus. Whomever this b***h was, she hadn’t stumbled into the room by accident. Myone could pretty much see it in the way she moved that she was hardly inhibited by the presence of the radiant Dionysus, and it troubled her. She had not partaken in the party...so she must be here for something else. Connecting the dots between this woman and Alexei, Myone scowled at the stranger. ”I knew it.” She said, tightly clenching her fists. She really had been hoping there would be no cause to kill anyone. This party was about to get a little more exciting, that was for sure. Just from a glance, this strange woman was quite pretty...maybe she wouldn’t have to kill her. Just beat her down, and let her master have her. She’d probably make a good little serving girl. Myone lunged at Six with lightning speed, a singular fist rocketing through the air. Six knocked the fist away, and slammed her knee into Myone’s gut, hitting her so hard that if lifted her up into the air for a moment, before Six’s toes gently touched back down to the floor, and Myone stumbled back a step. Six followed up, spinning into a roundhouse kick, which Myone caught between her forearms, and grabbed the ankle with her top hand. She pulled the leg aside, and her fist connected with Six’s face, the fragile cartilage of the nose shattering upon impact. As she fell back, Myone grabbed the shawl that was gently wrapped around her neck, and pulled it tight. Myone forced her to her knees, and began to collapse her throat as she tightened the fabric around it. Myone began to wrap the extra fabric around her hand, and she pulled herself closer, placing her lips on Six’s ear. ”A shame. You look quite good on your knees.”

She nipped at the ear, pulling even harder on the shawl. All the while, Six was maneuvering her hand to one of her feet, and pulling off one of her heels. She could feel the pressure on her windpipe, and waited for a moment, before thrusting the pointed heel into Myone’s eye. She screeched in agony, her hands releasing the fabric and jumping to her eye. The shawl fall away from Six, who rose up, a bit wobbly from the lack of oxygen. Myone, probably from sheer fury, recovered faster than Six, and threw herself at her opponent, slamming the entirety of her body weight right into the spy, and sending her through the door to Dionysus’ chamber, and colliding with the railing that divided the upper floor from the ballroom area below. Myone pinned Six to the railing, and relentlessly through her fist down at her face, blood splattering all over her hand. The socket where one of her eyes used to be was also a bloody mess, and large amounts of the red fluid seemed to be splashing across the floor. With a swift kick using both of her feet, Six shoved Myone back, who charged at her again. Six rolled to the side, and Myone crashed into the railing, and almost went tumbling over, until Six grabbed her by the back of her dress, and threw her to the ground.

Myone’s undamaged eye focused on her target, and without the shawl she looked upon Six’s marking, and realized who she was dealing with. Her mouth slightly widened in awe as the warrior woman took her own turn to attempt caving in Myone’s skull with her fists. Myone struggled, but Six had her firmly under her, her surprising amount of muscle giving her extra weight that Myone was hard pressed to force off. The room started to get fuzzy, and she was flailing around, throwing her legs as best she could, and trying to block hits with her arms, feeling the bones begin to crack. And then she got a lucky elbow in, hitting Six in the side of the head, distracting her long enough for Myone to force them both into a roll, pulling herself out on top. She headbutted Six, exacerbating her already broken nose with the solid force of her skull. Six responded by trying to headbutt back, but Myone crossed her arms and forced her back down by her throat, until Six sunk her teeth into the flesh of Myone’s forearm. Myone cried out again, and then felt something sharp and cold stab through her ribs. She removed herself from Six to find a knife portruding from her gut. She practically growled at Six, who had begun to stand up. Myone planted a strong kick into Six’s ribs, knocking her back into the doorway of Dionysus’ room. The God passively watched the fight unfold, eagerly awaiting the victor. Myone was putting on quite the show, as she came forth, and kicked Six in the ribs again. The woman spat a mouthful of blood out on the carpet, and Myone giggled threateningly. ”And so you’re the one that the mighty God of War dained to name his champion. The mighty warrior, Hippolyta.” The title hung in the air for a moment, and Myone was obviously not impressed by this woman. Another kick coming towards her ribs, and Six grabbed at, and twisted as hard as she could, until she knew that the bone had just shattered, and the ligaments tore, and Myone collapsed to the ground, finding it hard to support her weight with the fresh injury.

20 Minutes…

Alister was waiting outside the mansion. In fact, he was smoking a cigarette, the wisps of smoke billowing in front of his mask. He glanced down at his wrist computer, the time slowly ticking away. Just a little under twenty minutes until s**t was going to get fun. He opened his comms, as a reply to Nova. ”I’m counting on you to have as much fun as possible. Your big distraction better be ********’ beautiful.” He quickly finished off the cigarette with one last drag, and discarded the butt on the ground. The doorman eye the cigarette butt warily, and cleared his throat. ”Sir, Master Dionysus would be quite appreciative if you refrained from littering on the premises.” Alister looked up at the man, and chuckled. ”And I, my good man, would be very appreciative if you would go ahead, take a wee moment...and ******** yourself.” The man looked taken aback, but Alister shrugged, and looked back down at his wrist. ******** trigger finger was starting to itch, and he really wanted to ******** shoot something. That, and he reminded himself that Ben and Alexei were so close by...not being shot, or stabbed, or violently murdered by him in any way, shape, or form...and that was practically the dictionary definition of disappointment. ”You better hurry your a** up, Junior. You’ve got less than twenty ********’ minutes before all the other pretty, fancy a**, stuck up, snot nosed, gold-lined pricks start losing their god damned heads. Oh, and if you find the girl, tell her I said hello. And to never ********’ get kidnapped again. I don’t have all the time in the world to chase her around the damned system...even for a paycheck.” Hopefully his urging would get Christian in gear...if he hadn’t found Daniella by now, then it was inevitable. If he had found her, but hadn’t made it somewhere safe, or out of the building entirely, then he’d have to put a bit of skip in his step. If Alister knew he was taking the time to dance with her and give her frilly little compliments, he probably would have blown his top.”

17 Minutes…

Back inside the party, on the main floor, the nervous, sweaty man that Will had tagged was weaving through the crowd, trying to escape the alcohol and aphrodisiac fueled orgy Hell that he had been stuck in. It would have probably taken ******** weeks to get the god damned smell out. These filthy ********’ Olympians, and their filthy, unrefined ******** lifestyle. They made a good show of being fancy, but they were more on the side of primitives. Worshipping their false Gods, clinging to their outdated traditions. It was almost enough to make him vomit. And then there was that stupid ******** a*****e that spilled a drink all over him. What he didn’t know was that he was being tracked now. Chemical tracker, micro-bots installed with listening devices and video feed recording capability. He was here to pull off a big deal for Admiral Halloran. He didn’t have time to be dealing with all these assholes. And the people he was meeting actually had the audacity to make him wait. He wasn’t even sure of their true allegiance, or why the had been willing to make this deal in the first place. The man made it out to one of the more secluded gardens, and one where an orgy was not currently taking place, though there were a few discarded sets of women’s underwear laying about. The man he was looking for was in a group, and he approached cautiously. They had expected him, and one of them grinned at the man’s apparent fear. ”Calm yourself, friend. We’re just here to complete this last little transaction. We’ll deliver Tiberius Pierce to your little Admiral for his...justice, and you give us that last piece of intelligence.” The man swallowed hard, and produced his sleeved arm. Hiding the intel was the hardest part, so that no one would be able to find it on him. Pulling a knife out as well, he pulled back his sleeve, and felt for the hard spot under his skin, before carving the skin up, and prying the drive from his body, and passing out over to the Olympians. One of them took it, and nodded, and another passed a datapad to the now injured man. ”Your pick-up information is right there.” And with that, the group departed. The man stood there, bleeding and sweaty, in this abandoned garden, and took a moment to gaze up into the sky.

10 Minutes...

High-functioning Prophet

ⓞⓜⓜⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓞⓥⓐ ⓔⓖⓐⓢ

╰☆╮░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╭☆╯
User Image
╭☆╯░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╰☆╮

❝As long as a word remains unspoken, you are it's master...❞

╔══════════════════════════════╗

This shattered dream you cannot justify
We're gonna scream until we're satisfied
What are we running for? We've got the right to be angry.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Sitting alone on the railing of the gazebo just outside Dionysus estate Vegas scanned over the surroundings, everything looked to be going according to plan. Christian was getting Dani and there was no whistles being blown just yet. Things were going better than she had expected. She would pause as she listened to Alister over the comm frequency and readied to respond when she noticed two peculiar figures exiting the building from the rear entry. They seemed to be coming her way, upon closer examination they appeared to be two females, quite pretty but the way that they carried themselves Vegas knew they were not here to have a good time. In fact, their lack of intoxication concerned her greatly. Slipping into the bushes surrounding the gazebo Vegas went over quietly to get to the wall she had been working on. She glanced at the time and smirked. They'd killed enough time for things to settle in and get her plan in action. Without a moment's delay the young pink haired woman took out her torch style butane lighter and lit the gas pipe. A whirring sound came from the wall, almost like an agonizing groan as the innards of the water pipe expanded without much room to do so.

Vegas would stand and carefully flee the scene. She didn't want to attract more attention by running, and she needed to get back to the rest of the group. "My apologies Captain, the God squad came out and started snooping around. Had to get the fireworks started a little earlier than anticipated."

With that fountains surrounding the estate started to slow, the pressure within the water pipes weakened by the break, until finally they made a humming shriek that metal makes when bending before finally the water started up again only to be engulfed in flames. The buildup in the pipes expelling from the top of the fountains as flakes of smoldering embers which gracefully fell to the ground like snow. Some applauds would carry over the wall, and some screams of terror. With so many intoxicated attendees it was hard get a solid reaction from them. Finally as a heard of hysteric party goers raced out and the paths became riddled in chaos the green eyed woman would take her chainsaw out and rev it. Walking calmly down the sidewalk as the stampede of human masses would part around her like the splitting of the red sea.

Vegas would freeze as the set of women she had encountered earlier reached her. There was little words exchanged as they would be silenced by the evacuating party goers screams and pleas. They both charged at the young commander the first aiming low, the second high. With short and easily hidden knives the two slashed viciously at her. Their moves where perfectly coordinated, which made things hard for Vegas to dodge their attacks. Doing her best not to kill them was harder than it was for most. Vegas would move back, but the rioting masses made it terribly hard to do without harming any innocent bi-standards. Finally one got a good shot in and sliced her thigh, tearing the garter strap and leaving it to hang over her knee as the hose started to run. She wanted to stop, but she had no choice, she had to fight regardless of her own convictions she would die if she did nothing. And standing here on the streets of Phobos was not how she wanted to die. Another swing would come and she would see as the blade came hurling down across her face, slashing well into her arm. Finally like a channel changing Nova clicked off, her eyes glazed as she stared at the two women impeding the task given to her.

The commander grinned, the smile beaming from ear to ear as she chuckled. Grimacing from the pain coming from her arm as she shook her head.

"A shame a pair of bitches like you have to go. But don't worry, I will let your master know that you perished giving the good fight." She would chuckle, turning on her heels and continuing down the path the saunter only broken by the tenderness of her leg as she walked gracefully onward.

"How dare you! You wont even fight?! Then die a coward's death!" With that both women bolted forward and as if time moved in slow motion the Commander turned around with a "J" shaped swing and took off one woman's leg and the other's arm in one clean swoop. The two would fall landing hard on the cobblestone ground as they would begin to be trampled by the frightened men and women exiting the establishment. The Commander would shake her head chuckling as she walked, holding her laser chainsaw in hand and letting it idle at a dull roar. "So tell me ladies, where is your merciful and benevolent god now? No worries, if I find him, I will give him my regards."

With that the Commander reached the entrance gate, looking over at Alister and offering a smile. Her eyes would begin to change even then some, the glazing dissipating and the presence of an energy behind them rather than something cold and mechanical began to shine through. She'd point behind her chuckling some as she readied her belt and chainsaw for the next wave.

"Well, is that ********' beautiful or what?" She'd ask, the orange glow of the fire painting her with a warm brush of color. The flakes of embers still falling around the fountains in their gentle fall that looked much like fireflies dancing around the fountains as they would pour out flames. Vegas would collect one of the flakes of smoldering ember in her hand and extinguish it with her fingers. "Careful though, think a few of these could really kill a nice suit like that one..."

╔══════════════════════════════╗

We can't afford to be innocent
Stand up and face the enemy
It's a do or die situation; we will be invincible

User Image

╚══════════════════════════════╝

❝...once you utter it, you are it's slave.❞

User Image User Image User Image

xxxx Gazebo // Front Entrance
xxxx 75%
xxxx Vacant
xxxx Lilium

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXXDani was more than excited that Will had left her, and even gave her some insight about the food. While Christian made his way over, she eyed a table of snacks. She wanted to eat. Really she did. Her stomach was growing and everything just looked so yummy...but she knew that it was tampered with, and getting herself inebriated or something of that like would not bode well for the current situation. Daniella sighed and adjusted Karl. Her grey eyes drifted down, locking on the green fishie. He was the cutest ever, Dani had decided. "Have you ever been to a party like this before?" She asked easily. Dani turned and took a few steps, but refrained from moving too far so that Christian could find her. She just wanted him to hurry...

Still linked with her fair haired companion, Daniella listened as he made his way closer to her. She hid a grimace as Christian reminded Daniella that Alexei had shot him. He obvious wasn't pleased with her decision to help the violent women...Maybe this was a bad idea after all. But, she'd promised. Given Alexei her word. Christian prompted to betray Alexei, and Dani thought about it for a moment as she stared off into the crowd. They could just leave. He was right, in that aspect. Not worrying about Alexei meant Dani and Christian could probably make a clean escape right about now...
            "Without Alexei's help you wouldn't have known where to find me...That being said, if she hadn't helped Ben, you wouldn't have had to find me." Dani bit her lip and looked down to Karl. Briefly she wondered what kind of advice Mr. Fishie would give on her thoughts. It seemed silly to ask him though.
            As Christian neared her Dani did her best to refrain from smiling too much, or seeming too eager. She was worried truly happy behavior may tip her captors off...Speaking of which, she didn't see Miss Rough-and-Tough anywhere around.

"How could I turn down such a gentleman?" Dani replied evenly, giving a polite smile to Christian as she took his hand. Karl was still safely cuddled in the crook of her arm. Dancing while holding onto him would be a bit odd for sure, but there was no way she was putting him down. Someone else might pick him up and then Dani would be down one cute little fish friend and she couldn't have that. "I'll handle Alister...I think he would understand someone not wanting to go back on their word..." Dani pursed her lips slightly as the pair made their way to the dance floor.
            Will may have been the one to teach Daniella her basic dance moves, but dancing with Christian was far...easier. Comfortable. It was something she didn't understand, and something she wasn't going to dwell too much on. Christian chatted with her in a calm way, and for a few fleeting seconds it was as if they really were just guests at a party. He wasn't there to steal her back, and she wasn't in someone's custody. They were just normal. Or, at least for a little bit they were.

"Thank you. You look nice yourself. I don't own many dresses. I'm thankful this one was lent to me..." Daniella trailed off. "Hm...I got here because. Let's just say it's all about who you know." She grinned playfully. With the mask and the fancy dress and heels, which were not anything she could have ever dreamed having access to, it seemed like she was a different person. That's what she wanted. To be someone else. That's how it would feel if she got her wish. To disappear and work her way into some setting. Assume a different identity. It was impossible, but a girl could dream couldn't she. "I don't know where she is...Ben sent her off on her own when we got here. This is the first time I've been away from him." Dani pulled away from Christian and linked her arm through his, careful to keep Karl secure in her other one. "Let's go for a walk."
            "I'll look around for her. If I can't find her then...We can go." Dani slid her grey eyes over to Christian. They blended into the crowd, passing by frivolous activity here and there, none of which Alexei was involved with...and that was something Dani was genuinely surprised by. Where was she? The blonde kept walking, leading her friend. Dani cleared her throat softly. "This is my friend Karl." She supplied, showing the green AI to Christian in an attempt to make casual conversation. "I...um....I learned a new trick. We can talk more on the ship. Ben and Alexei know, they saw it..." Dani fixed her gaze on Christian. It was obvious he was not happy with this situation---and how could she expect him to be? He was probably hurting too. And here she was making him run around and the like. She was so...Selfish. Dani dropped her gaze and bit her bottom lip, feeling quite ashamed of herself. He'd come to save her, along with the others and now she was holding everything up...But, a promise was a promise. And having Alexei on her side was better than having her hate her.

She stopped at the edge of the main ballroom, unsatisfied with her results. She hadn't seen or heard Alexei anywhere....But...
            Daniella turned her head and glanced at the staircase. Six was there, fighting with someone. It was absolute chaos, but no one at the party seemed to notice. Or they didn't really care. But it dawned on Dani that she hadn't checked there yet. She would have been more worried about Six coming after her, but thankfully she seemed preoccupied for the time being. She reached inside Six's mind, as well as the woman who was fighting her and found one common theme. Alexei. There. Come on." Dani rushed up the stairs as quickly as she could, unlinking herself from Christian, and followed after the pair of fighting women. As she neared where they had disappeared to, Daniella came across a familiar stream of consciousness. It was Alexei, she knew that much. But her mind was all sorts of scattered and jumbled. It was different than whatever was affecting most of the partygoers. The blonde tried to push past all the fog as she approached the room where the fight had moved to.

"Alexei! We have to go. Are you alright?" Dani tried to make contact with her, but was uncertain how effective it would be. Her range allowed her to begin to communicating while they were still a distance away from Dionysus' chambers. Dani reached out again, able to recognize Six and the woman she was fighting. But there was another presence in the room---and she hit it like a brick wall. Daniella skidded to a halt, holding fast to Karl to make sure she didn't drop him. Daniella took a few steps backward and set a hand the side of her head. Behind her mask, her eyes were wide. Confusion and fear, as well as anger filled her.

Dionysus’ presence flooded into Daniella’s mind like an uncontrollable tide. He was relentless, yet the incredible strength of his consciousness seemed to be passive...as if his own mind was so powerful that he effortlessly threw aside any of Daniella’s natural mental defenses. It sifted through her thoughts and memories, and seemed interested in what it saw. It lingered on the memories related to GenEx, slowly glossing over them, examining every detail. ”I hear you, little one. I know your thoughts. I see your mind.” His words shook the very foundation of her mind, even with its gentle tone. ”If you wish to have Miss Santogold, you may come and claim her. I do not feel the need to stop you. This game has been entertaining...and if I stop you now, it will have ended before it truly amuses me. Mind your step though, dear. It’s quite a mess in here.”

xxxxLocation :: Phobos - Dionysus' party
xxxxCompany :: Christian & Karl, Near Dionysus, Alexei, & Six.
xxxxHealth :: 85% - Shocked.
xxxxTunes ::W.D.Y.W.F.M. - The Neighbourhood
xxxxAttire ::Fancy

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image

((OOC Note: Gunnar is going to be spending much of the post talking to himself. Bold is being used to clarify the lines of thinking. He doesn't have multiple personalities, he's just very hard on himself.))
Gunnar leaned back in a corner outside Dionysus' manor. He looked the part and knew that he wouldn't draw too much attention - just a party-goer outside for a smoke.

Waiting is the worst part. When s**t hits the fan, it's do or die. There's no time for reflection or debate and that brings clarity. It's only afterward when you're left with the results that things feel... messy. Until Christian found Dani, until Nova gave the signal, there was nothing to do but wait, and Gunnar found himself dwelling on everything that had happened since he set foot on Calypso. He remembered the Dominion soldiers he had killed and glanced over at where he knew Kantner's body sat. More than anything, the doctor was disturbed by how little he felt at the thought of taking six lives and in so short a time.

I thought it would be harder to pull the trigger or that afterward the weight would feel heavier.

To be fair, it's not exactly the first time you've killed.

When a patient dies on the table, that's hardly the same thing as pressing a gun to a man's head and pulling the trigger. Even negligence isn't the same

Right, because it's worse to kill someone in self defense than because you're so scared you let them bleed out right in front of you. Your priorities are ******** UP. Your hands might not be clean, but if you didn't pull that trigger today you wouldn't be here to piss and moan about it. Neither would Christian. Or Rhia. You did what doctor's do - you found a couple of malignant growths spreading to an otherwise healthy area and removed them. The 'Verse is a little bit better today now than it was yesterday.

That's not my job! I HEAL PEOPLE. Doctors don't get to choose their patients.

First off, they weren't your patients. Second, that's some hypocritical bullshit. You're military. You went Fleet and then CHOSE to be a surgeon for Marines. If you don't believe that you're a weapon, look in the mirror. If you don't believe that there are SOME PEOPLE out there that need to die, you chose the wrong ******** job. Every Marine that you put back on their feet is at least one more dead person. Everything you've ever done is just choosing who lives and who doesn't and you know what? You did the right thing today. They were going to kill you, so stop bitching about it.

Fine, the Dominion troopers needed to die. I can accept that, but what about Kantner? I'd paralyzed him - there was no way he was getting back up. He didn't pose a threat any more.

You realize that you'd filled him with enough of that s**t to kill him, right? It wasn't a mistake - he had proven he was dangerous, so you killed him. You even ended it before his heart and lungs gave out. Do you think letting him die slowly would be more humane? Besides, he'd expressed an intention in murdering you. You should have let him drown in his own blood.

I can't just go around killing everyone who has ever threatened me. With that logic why don't I just kill Blood?

Why don't you? You know his record; more or less. You know he's a pirate and a murder. Besides, he was absolutely ready to throw you out an airlock if you didn't pull off god's damned MIRACLE with Rhia. It's only a matter of time before he finds an excuse to let you suck hard vacuum.
That thought did not sit well with Gunnar. You know it's true - you aren't safe aboard that ship.

Nova's voice came over the radio announcing that there was some trouble and they would have to advance the timetable. The doctor couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so relieved. He tossed his cigarette to the ground and walked over to Blood. Allies of convenience. You're dead as soon as you stop being useful.

Fires began erupting throughout the compound and startled screams pierced the night. It wasn't long before Vegas joined the two of them. Gunnar pulled the machine pistol from the inside of his jacket and called to Sara who wrapped herself around his torso like a ruck sack. "Fashionably late and with one hell of an entrance. I am looking forward to this party!"

User Image

Deep Turquoise #00C5CD ==

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

As the flames went up, Alister couldn’t help but chuckle in response to Nova’s remark. Christian had about ten more minutes, but hell, this way was more fun. If he and Dani weren’t safe by now, well...it didn’t matter anymore. Most of the partygoers on the other side of the building had begun freaking out and running. Many of them still hadn’t caught awareness of the proceedings. Alister approached the front entrance, his weapons concealed in his suit. Meeting up with Nova as he progressed towards the door, he glanced in the direction he indicated, and while he was impressed with her display, something about it nagged him, deep down. He knew she had trouble killing Kramer and Locke, back on Calypso. But now...she was looking for praise from him, for her brutality. There was something fundamentally out of place here, and he knew it. But of course, he couldn’t place his finger on it, other than a gut feeling. As they approached the door, the man standing there seemed to glance over his shoulder, the soft sound of far away screams attracting his attention, before he turned back to Alister, and to his credit, the poor b*****d didn’t even seem to bring back to mind Alister’s absolute disrespect. Instead, the words simply came from his mouth as if he were a machine, ”Your ticket, sir?” He asked, placing out his hand. Alister reached into his suit jacket, and pulled one of the SMGs out, putting a spray of bullets directly into the man’s skull. ”Sorry, mate. I’m more of the party crashing type.” Stowing the SMG, he reached to the back of his waist, pulling out a small object, that once in both hands extended out into the sniper rifle he had specifically chosen for this mission. Not because he felt like he would need to snipe, but because he was here to have some fun. Leading Gunnar and Nova into the fray, he grinned at the absolute chaos that had ensued. ”Alright. You two cover the bottom floors. Look for Ben, Alexei, Christian, and Daniella. If you find Ben or Alexei, give ‘em some ********’ hell, but leave ‘em alive. They’ve got too much to answer for to be allowed a quick death. And kill as many of these masked cunts as you like. Especially the really threatening looking ones.” He pointed to a group of men and women that instead of charging out of the building, came charging towards the armed intruders. A unit of mighty Phalanx. Alister had to hold back a scoff. He had fought a few of these bastards before, back when he was just a soldier. They were tough as hell back then, when he was young, stupid, and all for fighting fair. Now...not so much.

”Time to play with our new friends.” As they rushed towards the trio, Alister lifted Halley’s Comet, and pulled the trigger in quick succession, five times. Three different targets experienced the glorious agony as the armor piercing rounds not only tore through the layers of flesh, muscle, and bone, as well as any armor, with relative ease, but in less than a fraction of a second later, the round exploded, blowing apart three of the Phalanx into a bloody mess. What was left of their bodies, which wasn’t much, littered the floor. ”I’ll leave the rest of this group in your capable hands.” Alister remarked, before veering off to the right, heading towards a large staircase off in the distance. The panicked crowd had formed in front of him, and there was a lot more screaming in here, and a rush to escape. People were almost trampling over each other just for the chance to get out. Alister took this time to reload his rifle, whistling a merry tune as everyone around him freaked out, not seeming to notice him any more than anyone else. The satisfying click of his weapon being loaded brought a smile to his face, as he lifted his rifle towards the towering ceiling, and pulled the trigger a few times, blowing a few holes into the structure above, and the rubble rained down upon the guests. Anyone not smart enough to move out of the way was crushed by large chunks of the building, and Alister walked casually down the now mostly cleared path, paved with the bodies of the unlucky. Another group of Phalanx were prepared for his arrival, forming up at the front of the stairs. The front line erected a veritable wall of shields, that flickered into life with a dull hum, their orange glow dominating Alister’s vision. The back line opened fire with their high powered assault rifle, and Alister jumped to the side, flying behind part of the crowd and landing near a pillar that offered him some protection. He looked back, realizing that the hail of bullets had torn apart quite a few of the fleeing guests, their blood pooling on the marble floor. He just grinned at the carnage. Like he had once been told by his squad leader; there is no prayer strong enough for a fool. And the Olympians truly were fools, if they believed themselves safe in the house of their so called God.

There was a pause in the firing line, and the air was now once again filled with fear instead of gunshots. Alister edged along the pillar, glancing back towards the stairs. The moment a few of his hairs came into view, another hail of bullets came his way. Taking cover again, he through the various scenarios in his head, before it clicked, as he glanced down at his rifle. This was just like the museum job he did that one time. It was all about leverage, and physics. Backing away from the pillar as far as he could while still not being filled with holes, he took a shot at the base of the pillar. The explosion blew away most of the floor under it, and the base itself. He charged forward, tackling it with as much force as he could, and at the right angle, and what was left of it began to fall, towards the stairs. Most of the Olympian troops moved in time, but a fair few of them were crushed under the pillars mighty weight. Alister slung the Sniper rifle over his shoulder, and pulled out his pair of SMGs, hopping up onto the remains of the pillar, and sprinting by, returning his own hail of bullets to his adversaries. He took a moment to survey the crowd, and could have swore he saw a blonde girl in exquisite clothing, holding something green, and a young man with fair hair. Reaching the top of the pillar, he shifted to the stairs, and began at a sprint down the straightaway ahead of him, seeing what looked to be an exceptionally formidable warrior preparing himself. The man held a pair of wicked looking blades in his hands, and he twirled them around all fancy-like. Alister didn’t even break his stride as he ran towards the man, who glared at Alister, grinning with bloodlust. The warrior roared at Alister as he came even closer, and Alister had once again stowed his SMGs, returning his hands to his sniper rifle, and barely taking aim, he casually pulled the trigger, and dropped the sword wielding psycho. And without even stopping, he continued on.

As he barreled by another staircase, he turned to the first open door, and the sight before him was...arousing? Interesting? Well, definitely ******** violent. A pair of women were most literally beating the living s**t out of each other. One of them seemed to be missing an eye, and the other, some psychotic, pink haired b***h, had seemingly shattered her ankle, and the two of them were rolling around on the ground, fists flying, legs flailing. It was...crazy. There was another figure in the room as he stepped in, his gun raised at this new, robed person. He knew who it was without even asking. Dionysus looked at Alister, as his mind was now reaching out to Daniella who was just barely outside the room. He smiled, and gave a sort of laugh of satisfaction. ”So, you’ve finally come. Quite a bit of trouble you have caused.” With a blink of an eye, Dionysus was across the room, and he had hoisted Six off of Myone, and tossed her aside, her body shattering the wall. The God-figure then picked up Myone, and tilted his head in interest for another moment at Alister. ”We shall be seeing each other again, Mister Blood. She’s all yours, now. Perhaps next time you’ll get an invite. You’ve been such fun.” And with Myone and the briefcase, Dionysus was gone, as if he were never there. Alister sighed, and shook his head. He had sort of been holding his breath, his eyes falling upon one of the revered Gods for the first time. He had been one of the many skeptics, until he saw Dionysus toss aside the blonde girl, and be gone in moments. And the way he was so calm...it was creepy. Alister refocused, and his eyes locked in on his quarry, laying on the bed, and judging by her expression, or lack of it, she was barely even here. Alister shifted his sniper rifle back to his back, and slowly, he approached Alexei. He lifted her up onto her feet, and tilted his head, glancing back over at the pink haired woman, who was laying on the ground groaning. Good, she wasn’t going to respond. He turned back to Alexei, grinned, and whispered into her ear, ”I hope you can feel this, b***h.” His arm across her throat, he slammed Alexei into the wall, and using just the one arm, slowly slid her body up the wall above him, compressing her trachea with a slowly increasing amount of force, trying to enjoy it as much as possible. ”You help that Dominion piece of s**t Ben kidnap a mostly innocent little girl...you betray my ******** trust...and you DARE to even remain breathing and alive in this ******** universe after what you did to Rhia. I’m going to enjoy watching you die, you little ******** whore. I only wish the others were here to see it.” Any thought of letting her live long enough for Rhia to kill her had melted from his mind. It was over for Alexei.

A voice rang out, followed by a small impact. "Stop it!" Dani rushed into the room, her hands free, and slammed her petite figure into Alister. She attempted to force him away from the wall, her thin arms wrapped around his torso. Alister, however, was a bit confused. So much so that the pressure he was applying to Alexei’s throat lessened a bit, as the small blonde seemed to...hug him. The blonde forced herself in front of him, so that she was occupying the small space between Alister and Alexei. He looked down at her, halfway between shock and anger, and maybe a bit of relief mixed in to see her, unharmed. And then the voice...it seemed to come from nowhere, but he recognized it, even though the tone was different. "She helped me. She called you here at my request." Dani's words worked their way into his head. He replied aloud, ”I don’t care what she did. For all we know, she figured it was the easiest way to bait a trap. Dionysus’ little soldiers are downstairs right now, having a good ol’ ********’ time with the doctor and Commander Vegas. I’m still waiting for the part where Ben comes in to stab me in the back, since I doubt he would have the balls to face me.” With Dani placed in front of him, he found it hard to continue his previous action, only able to hold Alexei up against the wall, the pressure greatly lightened on her throat. ”You need to move, Daniella. I don’t want to hurt you, but she cannot be allowed any mercy. Rhia barely survived Calypso. She barely survived, trying to protect you.”

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Masquerade
stamina // 35% - lightheaded, feverish, on guard (Leon, 90% - happy, forceful)
addiction status // craving

Before León had any chance to get back to the room where he had last seen Alexei, the entire building erupted into chaos. And no, it wasn't the oh-so-fun chaos that had been commencing for several hours now, no, it was the type that reminded him of his boyhood days in Barcelona. Explosions rang in his ears and blindsided him, before he pulled himself back into reality and his hand went to the sword at his hip. Sure, the coffee-skinned man had brought it as an accouterments to his outfit, but in reality, it was a trusted weapon as well. And because security was both very lax and all-surrounding, he kept it close, just in case.

And boy, was he glad he did. The crowd pushed against him, screaming their little lungs out as gunfire sounded throughout the marble halls. Blood prettied up the alabaster walls and masks, and boned, crunched underfoot. Pieces of the mansion were raining down on them, but León didn't much worry about that. He stepped aside each stone as if it were a mere raindrop, and pulled off his mask. Vacation's over, Ganymede. He heard screams and the sounds of battle nearby, but the crowds were too thick for him to make out who was causing the ruckus. Probably the people who attacked the mansion. A Phalanx rushed by him, but not before taking a moment to glance his way as he went by. A look of recognition crossed his face and he paused, giving the traditional Olympian salute. "Staff Commander," he began in a sharp tone. "Are you here to secure the mansion with us? I didn't think Apollo cared much for our corner of the stars."

León chuckled and waved the salute away. "Can you believe I was here to relax and put my worries aside for a few days? Stupid of me to think the universe would actually allow me that. Sorry, soldier, I'm not here for that. Whoever caused this attack, go find them. I've got something else to take care of." The soldier rushed off after another salute, and León made his way up the stairs. He noticed a brunette gentleman wearing a suit and toting an impressive machine gun amidst the bloodshed, and smirked a little. What the soldier had said was correct--Apollo and Hermes would be dancing in their offices when word of the attack spread to their sectors of space. Dionysus had allies, but León's Gods were not them. Some would question how the hell Olympians got anything done when their Gods hated each other half the time, but hell, it wasn't any different from the real galaxy.

Two other soldiers noticed his approach as he moved down the hall. Their guns were trained on him. "What the hell are you doing here?" one of them called. They were unluckily not as polite as the soldier the Spaniard had encountered earlier. "We don't need any interference from the likes of you."

León nearly giggled at their wariness to his approach. He actually saw one of the guns shaking--oh, how cute. "Gentlemen, gentlemen, you're in my way, and I've heard that's unhealthy for everyone involved. Well, not me, of course, but you get my meaning, eh compadre?" A bullet whizzed by his head. Well, it actually was meant to hit him straight in the temple, but he knew that it would happen, so he tilted his head to the side. Another bullet flew towards his gut, but a quick sword slash burst the shell into harmless little pieces. While one cut his cheek, it didn't really worry him. He bore down upon the small things as they became more frantic with his approach. It was then he noticed the silver glint of the taller soldier's hand--fake hand, actually. Reaching out, León successfully pried the mask from the man's face while disarming the other one with a swift kick to the stomach and gun-arm.

The soldier left standing and exposed attempted to push his gun into León's stomach, but he knocked it away with a sword strike as he studied the man's face. "You're...Richardson, correct? Yes, yes you are. Why, the last time I saw you was on Almeria!" He laughed, as if recalling a blissful memory the two shared, though by the horrified look on the other's face, it clearly wasn't so sweet as to warrant any reciprocating pleasure. "So you started working for Dionysus instead. Hephaestus will be sad to hear it. Oh well." He seized man's metal arm, and his expression changed to a gleeful fury. "...By the way, Richardson, didn't I tell you when I removed your arm--when was that, two years ago, right? Right--didn't I tell you not to get it replaced? And here you are, with an arm that you shouldn't have. Because I didn't say you could have one." León's grip on the man's arm hardened, and gathering all of his strength into his fingers, he pulled so strongly that he literally tore the fake arm from the man's socket. If there was one thing that could be said about León, it was that he didn't lack muscle. Richardson screamed and fell forward from the force of the pull, collapsing onto his knees. His other hand went to the tangle of cords that was his old arm, but León blocked his hand with the blunt side of his sword. "Ah ah ah, Richardson. Considering the information you gave me on Yanii was compromised anyway, I don't think you even deserve your other arm." And with a quick slash, he removed the poor man's other arm as well. It flopped down next to the metal arm, and blood seeped from the wound as the man keeled over, moaning and yelling in pain. León rolled his eyes at the bleating and continued on his way.

Alexei didn't really know what was happening, to tell the truth. She heard a commotion, and screaming, and saw a lot of blood be exchanged by the beautiful woman and the deadly woman with the numerical tattoo--a woman she vaguely knew, but just barely, and it wasn't important anyway--

Alexei! We have to go. Are you alright? Who's voice was what? Not her blessed Dionysus', no, it was a soft and sweet voice, wrought with worry. A blonde-haired woman passed into her mind's eye. A soft smile spread across Alexei's lips. Daniella Pearson. A woman whose very existence proved the prowess of the Gods, much like Dionysus himself...a woman who seemed so much more important than she. She, a mere insect in the eyes of everyone else. A haranguing exhaustion fell over her. How desperately she wanted to sleep, and she even felt her mind fading into that sweet embrace of the carefree...

"Hey, Lexi, I think you're dying." Another mysterious voice, coupled with the image of a brunette boy with big eyes. He had skin tanned from the dusts of Mars, and a brightness in his face that betrayed the bleakness of everything surrounding him. He clutched a handheld game system and frowned, adjusting his hat to shield from the harsh sun. She shook her head, kneeling down so she was eye level with him, and smiled at him kindly while poking him in the forehead. "No, Nick. I'm okay. I'm just taking a break. You always run me ragged." "Come on cousin! I wouldn't lie about this. You usually have ten times more energy than me, and you're an old hag!" Alexei pouted playfully. "Well, that's not very nice. Does Aunt May you talk like that?" Nikolai stamped his foot in the dirt, the dust driven up to his face. But he didn't cough. "I'm not kidding! You're dying, and I want you to stop!"

The way he was talking to her was very strange, but maybe he was right. She didn't actually want to die, after all. If she did, who would take care of him and his parents? Or Grandpa? Or Dad?

Something cracked in her mind. The layers of subversion and possession snaking through Alexei withered and shattered, and suddenly everything was clear again. Well, not that clear, because she really didn't know what was happening, other than what she could see in front of her--which was that Six was nearly dead on the floor, gunfire and screams echoed from downstairs, Dionysus was gone, and Alister Blood was holding her up against the wall by his arm at her throat, with only Daniella in between him and his blood-rage. ”You need to move, Daniella. I don’t want to hurt you, but she cannot be allowed any mercy. Rhia barely survived Calypso. She barely survived, trying to protect you.”

Kessel Station. Calypso. Ben. Rhia. Dionysus.

Oh, ********]

With a quick motion, Alexei activated her wrist crossbow disguised as a bracelet and placed it right against his hand and shot an energy bolt straight through it. The surprise attack gave her enough of a second to sidestep Daniella and, by pushing off of the wall, throw him away from her. She still felt horribly lightheaded and sluggish, but she kept her arm up, crossbow at the ready. She wasn't about to die here. "I told you this wasn't a trap. Ben doesn't know why you're here. I said I'd get Daniella back to you, and here she is. And Ben, Ben is not Dominion. Rhia was given fair warning to back off, and she didn't. What did you think I would do?" Alexei looked over at Daniella. "As long as you're safe, it doesn't matter. You can get me to Zeus, or not. I can--"

As she scanned the room for the briefcase, the pieces of Dionysus' words broke apart to reveal the truth. And the God's betrayal hit her. "No. No, no ********]

Alister should have felt a cold blade press against the back of his neck at that moment. León had his sword ready to carve out the vigilante's spine, and his gun--which he had hidden under his coat--was aimed at the back of the man's knee. Just in case he tried to spin around. "Did I see you trying to kill Arachne, Alister Blood? That would be interfering with official Lethe business, and, well, I can't really let that happen, young man." He had a good sixty pounds on Alister, and though he knew exactly who the 'young man' was and what he was capable of...he didn't really care.

Alexei's eyes widened upon seeing the older man. It had been a few years, and truth be told, she was glad for it to have been that long. "Ganymede?" He smiled brightly at her, giving a little wave with his gun-arm before immediately re-aiming it back at Alister's knee. "So the reports I've got are true, then! You've been gallivanting around the galaxy with bounty hunters and escaped lab mice instead of doing your job! Godsdammit, woman, they've asked me to bring you to Thanatos. And seeing as how that pretty little briefcase of yours is gone, I'm going to assume Dionysus ******** you--maybe for real, who knows?--and therefore ******** Zeus. And Zeus, he likes to be ******** on his own terms. So, yeah...this party's been fun and all for everyone, I'm sure, but you, Mister Blood, you really don't want to try and kill this sweet girl. Because I'll, well, you know. Rip your a*****e right out of you. And believe me, I've done it before, darling, and it's a lot easier than it sounds." Honestly, León didn't want to kill anyone in this room, because they looked like a bag of laughs. Also, he actually cared about Alexei's well-being. And if she ended up with a bullet in her head because Alister was pissy about being betrayed, then León would not be a happy camper.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces