Roman/Greek 0.46153846153846 46.2% [ 12 ]
Norse 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 4 ]
Christian 0.038461538461538 3.8% [ 1 ]
Other(Maybe you can comment ooc about it? : D) 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Hilarious Elocutionist

~ Vain ~

The shapes in the snow weren't visible to Vain, wreathed in snow as they were, and as silent as they were moving, he was lucky to have heard them. It really didn't matter, as the air currents were as visible to him as sunlight had been to his people, so he had no problems 'seeing' the creatures as they surrounded him. Creatures sent by Louhi no doubt.

Vain laughed, his laugh quickly turning into a cackle that echoed over the din of the snow storm. Louhi was afraid. Afraid the storm wasn't enough to keep him from her. Which is why she was watching him. Why she sent these monsters after him. "I CURSE YOU, LOUHI! I CAN FEEL YOUR FEAR! I AM COMING FOR YOU!" His shout was lost on the winds before they went more than several feet, but he knew Louhi could hear him. First though, he had to deal with her minions.

His cloak flying wide behind him, Vain pulled the Kantele from his back. His fingers worked the strings as expertly as any court bard would play his lute, except with the Kantele, it wasn't just music he was playing. Each note, combined with others, brought the wind to heel, for him to command.

The first notes created gale-force winds to swirl around him, clearing the snow and ice from his immediate area before rapidly expanding, to create a nearly snow-fall free area. His next notes targeted several creatures, and the chill winds shifted, condensing almost into as jet stream and thrusting out towards the creatures, attempting to bore through their bodies, or at least drive them away from him.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
• • A s h • • I s l a n d
"All that remains, all that remains. Burned away in the magma. Written forever in the ash that cover the land. "

The brothers approach the shore. Home shaped by magma, ember and ash years ago. An island nation mostly destroyed, all that remains is this odd kingdom of impossible to scale stone spikes, pillars and gushing magma . Many a name was affectionately placed on what was left; the 'Stove' and 'Ash' island were of the more popular names(Nobody even considered the name 'ember island'.) Blame for the eruption of the volcano(which was in fact many volcanoes, every volcano in japan erupting at once.) fell on two possible suspects. 'Kojin', a Japanese god of fire, the hearth, and the kitchen. He is a god of the stove, an odd title for someone praised to out of fear for he represents violent forces that turned towards the good of humankind. His flippant nature with those unimpressed by his cooking could have led to him popping his top and by extension every volcano in Japan.

The other likely suspect is the young god 'Kage-Tsuchi', another god of fire. Unlike Kojin, Kage-tsuchi's blame is more for circumstance instead of ill will as his birth is what is theorized to have caused the eruptions. During Kage-tsuchi's birth he burned his mother, Izanami, and killed her. She was one 'Forerunner' and was responsible for watching over the Japanese culture. Following her death Kage-tsuchi's father, Izanagi, took it upon himself to dispatch of his son. He cut Kage-tsuchi up and those pieces are said to have become some of the largest volcanoes in Japan. Whatever the truth may be the event occurred on the eve of Ragnorok and resulted in the deaths of many Japanese leaving only a single family left. This family was blessed and given protection by Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu during the better part of the war. During the war the Sun and Moon were destroyed and needed to be replaced, these Japanese siblings offered themselves as tribute. They left what was left to their name to the family and those would come to be known as the Imperial Regalia of Japan.

The brothers were all that was left of that Japanese family from all that time ago. After so many generations did they still identify as humans? They certainly weren't seen as such by the rest of their 'people'. People a term used sparingly in the brother's particular village. There at the shores to greet them were an assortment of all types of creatures, none of which one would typically call 'people', or 'human'. Out of the crowd there were Tanuki, Kappa and a number of Yokai. The gathering looked like an outstretched scroll detailing Japanese folklore. As always the boys are welcomed home with cheering, parading and all around merriment. The way that these two human boys were greeted almost painted a world where there was no war between mortals and immortals(or a world with a very different ending). As always Hoderi is met with more favor. Banners spelling his name, a group of giggling yokai girls. It was no surprise that Hoderi was more popular with the ladies, despite his birth mark. He was "Hot Hoderi" to all the various Fabled girls and they would all giggle vapidly as he came onto the scene. Hoori was also respected but to a lesser degree, almost exclusively because he's Hoderi's younger brother. Though popularity wasn't everything it was cracked up to be. Hoderi would be busy signing autographs and dealing with the likes of fan clubs while Hoori was actually given the opprotunity to meet and mingle with their worshipers. These isles were a prime example of a peace that could have been achieved(though one would argue that to keep such a peace one faction must be worshiped by the other). To humans beyond the 'Stove' these were enemies; things to be feared, worshiped or a little bit of both. However, for the fishing/hunting brothers this was family.

[[Short post :s]]

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
xxxxxxxxxxxxx L o u h i User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As though the harsh weather could hear the mocking tone in the man's voice the winds picked up. The snow beat against his aging frame with much more force. The snow and hail crash into him with the kind of power that'd knock even the strongest men down, but he'd been around for so long and his resolve was much too strong. The kind of man who could stand up to a god either had the strength of character to back it up or was a fool; it's all the same. Vain's call alerts the attention of a number of abominabal beasts. They lurk in the shadow, silent yet heavy footed. Vain is quick to react to his hunters. With a single plucked string the wind pressure changed and an outward gush is born. The force knocks back a good four or five of the creature, but one, maybe two, hold steady. They slam their fist into the snow, digging worn fingers under ground. In large exagerrated swings of the arms, the two beast carry themselves towards Vain. Teeth gnash like mad, saliva turns into ice as it touches the cold air. The wind howls as it mixes with that cold breeze; a terrible unity, an unwanted child of Louhi and Vain. This cold abomination nips at the man's ears and it is almost like he can hear her chilling voice in the cold.
"Aren't you a lover not a fighter Vainamoinen?"

These cold words were in fact true. A man carrying around a kantele looked more fit for serenading ladies than rushing to the fields of battle. The wind did this often, or at least her cold winds did. Whenever that chill would pass over Vain's ears she'd deliver another light bit of discouragement. "My, my you're quite the fighter now that mommy is gone. Had you thought to think with a blade sooner she would still be with us." A man who had been alive as long as Vain had many lovers in his life, one that remained a constant in his heart was the beautiful Aino. The most beautiful girl in her home village, Vain was just a passerby with a song in his heart and little money to his name. During his earlier exploits, so for much of his life, he traveled around singing songs of his mother. These songs would inspire others to pray to her, worship her and grant her power. Of course even when this didn't work Vain would still pray to his mother. One particularly rough night at a tavern he'd attempted singing at, a few drunken belligerent fools attempted a fight. Under normal circumstances Vain would have bested the lot of them but she stepped in before this could happen. Hair auburn, skin like fresh cream and the sweetest hazel eyes one could ever hope to see. Her voice was like a song that never stopped, more beautiful than any song Vain could craft on his kantele. Though she was just a wench in that bar she was well enough respected that the drunken men returned to their seats. Vain attempted to thank the woman with a song but she was more interested in her tip, especially after 'rescuing him'. Again, Vain insisted on paying in song for he had no gold. He was kicked out of the bar that night but returned every subsequent night. When kicked out he'd play in front of the tavern earning a copper here or a silver there. On the last day of the week he walked in with a hat full of coins and put them on the bar. He demanded, "Two drinks! Finest wine you have!" She complied and fetched him his drinks, "Expecting someone?" Coyly Vain slid the drink her way and so was the start of their relationship.

The last night he saw Aino was the same night that he bested her brother Joukahainen to a duel by song. He turned to the bar expecting to see her sarcastic smiling face, but was met with naught. He'd always remember how cold it was that night. Fresh snow leaves footprints, clear as day. He followed the foot steps deep into the forest where he found Aino, drowned in a ice cold water. The nipping at his ear as familiar now as it was then. Of course Vain did love again, some odd hundred years later. He came to love a person so much that he was willing to gift her the Sampo, a sign he was ready to give up immortality to be with her, to grow old and die with her. Alas, it was all a trick devised by Louhi and now he was here; cold and without his Sampo, dying like an old dog.
"Go ahead Vain, sing a song of your dear old mother. Maybe she can bless you from that hall beyond? Give you flight in this fight. Or maybe it is a song of Louhi you want to sing. A song of protection and good fortune. She is a goddess who can guarantee your safety in this battle. So, what say you?"

[[Might use my post to fill in the occasional blank about characters and add some interesting facts about their mythologies in here...if that's okay with everyone. ]]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Hoderi -

User Image

As he approached the shore, Hoderi shielded his eyes from the sunlight reflecting off the water to try and get a better look at his landing point. As usual, a welcome party had assembled to meet him when he returned from his fishing trip. It had been a long time since humans had lived on the island. All that remained now were yokai, an assortment of spiritual beasts and beings. Honestly, Hoderi considered himself and his brother to be closer to their spiritual neighbors on the island than normal humans. They both had a few peculiar abilities after all. "It's nice to be appreciated though, I suppose," Hoderi stated to himself with a smile as he sailed slowly into the dock amid merry cheers. "Alright, alright. It's just a fishing trip guys. No need to bring out a full parade," he yelled out jokingly as he tossed several ropes over to some yokai on the dock. "If you've got time to cheer for me, I'd appreciate it much more if you guys help me with the whole mooring and unloading process!"

After many years of living with the assortment of yokai on the island, they were pretty much family to Hoderi and Hoori. However, it did get a bit tiring dealing with all the popularity sometimes for Hoderi. Going out to see was probably the single full-proof method for the marked youth to experience some quiet time for rest and self-reflection. The ocean wind and the sound of waves also lent to the calming atmosphere out on the ocean. Hoderi hopped off the boat as yokai began unloading the barrels of fish, but was immediately bombarded with a group of his adoring fans. "Gah! Can this wait until later!? I would like to go wash off all this salt-" *cue synchronized giggles of delight from yokai ladies* "No! No peeping allowed! What the-, hey come on guys! Let me down!"

The poor fisherman was soon lifted up by the hands of his neighbors, who began cheering louder. It seemed that it would take a while for poor Hoderi to even reach his house. Fame is quite unfortunate sometimes...

Hilarious Elocutionist

~ Vain ~

BGM

"Save me your torment, Louhi. You'll not dishearten me with your foul words." Each word she was was true, however, and that truth rang deep into his heart. Not so long ago, he would have much preferred the company of a young woman than to the violence that engulfed him now. His songs were those of joy, and merriment back then. Designed to lift people's spirits from the mundane, day to day existence, even if for a few moments. That was his existence for a long time. A very long time.

Now, those songs seemed distant memories compared to the discord that rang out in his heart, and therefor rang out as he strummed the Kantele. Even the memories of Aino, drowned in that Icy River so long ago, could not warm the chill permeating his heart now. A chill brought along by the actions of Louhi. He had taken a lesson from her book, turning his heart ice in order to accomplish his goal. "If I had picked up the sword long ago, I'd be no better than you" he answered in reply. Men who carried swords wanted power. He wanted no such thing. Not for himself, in any case. But he wasn't about to let Louhi have that power either.

So, Louhi wanted to hear him sing, did she? "I will never again sing your praises, witch. But if you so desire to hear my song, then hear it now!" Quickly running his fingers up and down the various strings of the Kantele, a song indeed came to his lips. To outside observers, it might not have seemed a song at all, so disjoined and broken were the chords, and indeed the rhythm did not lend itself well to the cacophonous sound. But to Vain, the sounds fit perfectly. Each note brought forth the destructive power of his song, sending razor sharp winds at the creatures, attempting to sever their arms and heads from their bodies. This battle had to be quick, decisive, and above all else, brutal. He wanted these Abominations to know him, and fear him, to make his trek easier. He cared little if their blood stained the snow red.

In a few minutes, it would be whitewashed by Louhi and her storm again anyway. It did not matter.

"Even if I doubt for just a second
I can still find the right in being wrong
so wrong"

❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤ Mizukume ❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤

User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ears twitch from the clamor of a crowd. An apparent Asian beauty lays upon her stomach with her eyes closed, appearing to be enjoying the weather for just a moment. Her interest is peeked, as she infers that the human brothers have returned. She slowly opens her eyes, the anticipation in her golden colored eyes is apparent. "Looks like they are back~" her age seemingly to that of a young adult. "keke. I'll pay them a visit too~"

She watches as they all rally and cheer, her eyes locked onto Hoderi. She sneaks her way through the crowd effortlessly to get a closer view. She smiles as they begin to swarm him. She moves closer and attempts to remove an article of clothing. "Hoderi ~ where's Hoori~? Are you hiding him somewhere, is he sleeping again? Come ooooon, I wanna plaaaaay~

[ooc: Short, but I am attempting to find a situation to get involved. Post is directed towards you CLOUD.]

"I can't do it any other way
repeat I'd do it all the same way
and I won't Justify"

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸•..>>--»
ɪ ϯ xxxʗ σ μ ɭ ɖ Ƞ ' ϯ xxx ɓ е...
«--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤

User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Just a ways off from the shore, a whale 'docks' by crashing itself between two large stone pikes. The whale was black with strange red Gaelic markings all over it. Its mouth opens and out of it emerges Susano'o and Solange. Susano'o waves frantically in front of his nose. "GROSS! Your breath totally smells like butts!" The whale's body begins to tremble and slowly contorts and changes its shape. In several cloud poofs the whale changes shape into the petite frame that belonged to Morrigan. She lands on the ground and immediately starts scooping clomps of dirt into her mouth. as though trying to take care of her bad breath. With a mouthful of sand she spits,"It only smells that way because you got sea sick. You were SO gassy." The trio looks up at odd combination of pikes, boulders and running magma. It looked almost like a dark lord's castle from a role playing game. Morrigan glances over at Susano'o, ready to get a move on. She's surprised to see the typically affable boy donning a serious expression.

Usually a jokester and ever a lech, Susano'o was the drunken swords-master of Japanese mythology. Years ago the young god had placed himself into a difficult situation, one brought about from his own ire. He challenged his older sister, Amaterasu to a battle for her precious jewel. When she managed to best him he ran off like a spoiled child would and threw one of his typical tantrums. Susano'o's tantrums were so mighty they would shake the land with booming thunder and stray lightning. Oceans flood over and tornado form about. Susano'o was banished for his attitude and with it lost half of his godly powers as well as his sword, Kusangi. From that day forward Susano'o devoted his life to absolutely nothing, he lived in the moment and had as much fun as a demigod could. He steered clear of the war and hid out safely, partying until the whole thing inevitably blew over. When news reached him of his siblings demise he shut himself off from everything. Years later he reemerged once again as a partying, skirt chasing god with little concern about much else. It isn't known how much his siblings sacrifice for the humans affected him, all that most knows is that this spoiled god wanted his sword back; it was his and nobody else could have it.

"Susano'o? Hey, Susano'o."
A soft hand touches stressed shoulders. Susano'o slumps his arm and lets her fall away. His footsteps are heavy with purpose. "Let's go. I have to get my stuff." Morrigan and Solange share a passing glance and a unified shrug before continuing after the storm child. As they travel amidst the curved land and rigid terrain, Solange finds it harder to keep up with her superhuman compatriots. Morrigan rolls her eyes and offers a hand to the human. "You don't have to worry about me, I can-" Solange attempts to argue but it goes nowhere as Morrigan interjects,"Sure you can. Just save the 'don't pitty me, I am woman hear me roar' act for later. We're in a hurry. Don't you have somewhere you want to be?" Susano's eyes don't meet Morrigan, instead they make haste to the ground. Embarrassment is her comfort. Solange's fingers are taken in Morrigan's smaller, but stronger, hands. Despite Solange being the bigger of the two, Morrigan is able to hoist her up with ease. She carries Solange on her back as she hopes from one magmatic pike to the next.

"I hear people. A lot of them."
The team crosses over one final row of jagged pikes to see what looked like a Yokai parade. Confused expressions form about the bunch and double checks to one another for some sort of answers. "Didn't you say this place was barren?" Susano'o answers Morrigan's question by jumping down towards the 'fun'. Morrigan gasps and shrugs Solange up more onto her shoulders, she takes off after the storm god. "Hey, why are you just rushing down there? What if they're here for Solange?" Susano'o didn't respond. He scoots himself into the crowd, ducking and moving through the gathering. "What is his problem?"

"Hey," Morrigan caught up,"what's your deal? You want to clue me in?"
Morrigan grabs Susano'o by his wrist and pulls him back a step or two. "Seriously," she made sure Solange kept her head down,"can you at least make sure Solange isn't outed here?" Susano'o takes something out of a small pack at his side and shoves it into Morriga's chest. "Here,"the two share a holding glance,'make sure she keeps her head down and that she wears this at all time. I'm going to get my stuff. Just don't make a scene...okay?" Morrigan looks down at the mask; it's a classic kabuki mask of Susano'o. She raises an eyebrow and chuckles lightly to herself. "No scene. Got it." Morrigan hands the mask back to Solange who slips it on. As Morrigan and Susano'o part ways he throws his arms lovingly around two passing yokai. "Long time no see my brothers! Did you guys hear ol' Susano'o was comin' into town?! Throwing me quite the party, huh?"
Morrigan rolls her eyes and Solange quietly whispers,"I thought we weren't supposed to make a scene..."

Susano'o amassed quite a bit from the parade; a headdress, origami, a paper fan and other souvenirs. He looked kind of like a tourist. Susano'o was trying to work his way up to a small temple that looked built into the side of the volcano island, presumably where the family heirlooms were being held. Part of him felt as though he could simply sneak up there and steal what he needed. Part of him also felt he could...nah, he was just going to try and steal the stuff. Susano'o begins his creep towards the temple when he is nearly bowled over by a beautiful woman with 9 fox tails darting about behind her. Susano'o picks himself up and shakes his head. He glances at the woman and then over at the temple and then back to the woman. "Darn it..."

"Oh Hoderi? Oh Hoderi, yeah-my old friend. Have you told your friend about me?"
Susano'o walks over, offering a hand to help both off the ground. "Yeah, yeah I'm an old friend of Hoderi, I'm a bit new around here and I'm sure he's super busy, could you show me around the place? Maybe we can grab some food...what do they have? Ramen, Udon? Rice Balls? Yeah, I'm completely spacing...last time I was here it was still called Kamome." Susano'o had never met HOderi an had simply overheard his name. Susano'o had many a weakness, but the most glaring of all was his Achilles's heel: women. "But if you get a minute Hoderi, buddy, pal, wanna show me around the temple? Haven't seen how you've been keeping the crib recently." Susano'o didn't exactly think this through, maybe he could get some mileage on his name? Everyone on the island adored Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, surely they'll have a bit of respect for Susano'o...the younger brother.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

«--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤
...σ яxxxʗ σ μ ɭ ɖ xxxɪ ϯ ?xxxM o rr i g ą n
¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸•..>>--»

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
xxxxxxxxxxxxx L o u h i User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Foolish man still talks like a boy. It isn't about being better or morally right, it is simply about coming out on top. This is why your song will be drowned out in the violent winds. The howls of ice and cold will mute you much like it did so many who stood before you. Though I do envy your tenacity. Tenacity is a trait almst specific to mankind as it is akin to foolishness. It is foolish to be tenacious in the face of a god."
Those words creep into Vain's ears as he begins his ballad. A song of violent strums and disjointed rhythm. A destructive tune only befitting a battle with the ice queen herself. Like his music the wind becomes violent, gust of wind become focused and deadly. The sound cuts clean through the beasts. Arms slide from torsos and life leaves eyes as the heads go airborne. What was once five or six creatures was now an assortment of scattered body parts. The white did indeed take on a red hue as blood colored the ground and the violent song came to an end. Vain's winds dance around him in such a way the blood from the creatures would merely be pushed off before being able to dirty his skin. That cold air creeps onto him again. "Tenacity will be your downfall, but for the time being I must say I enjoyed that song much more than your last." The air loses its biting chill but for a moment and the path before Vain is clear. It wouldn't take but maybe another week to reach that icy castle.
The man had a song but did he have a plan?

Soon it would be nightfall or rather, time for rest. Louhi had a constant snow cloud blocking out most of the sky so it always appeared night in her kingdom, surely Vain had his own internal clock that told him when to get sleep. Was sleeping out in the cold really a safe idea? If he allowed himself to be open for even a moment Louhi would snatch him up with her icy cold grasp. Not to mention the piercing howls that could be heard about, wolves were prowling the area, tiny gold eyes constantly watching Vain. What ever was a man with a kantele to do?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Hoderi -

User Image

Despite his attempts at persuading the happy crowd to lower him back to ground level, Hoderi remained airborne as the crowd slowly shifted itself (with him in tow) away from the shores of the island. Eventually, Hoderi just let out an exasperated sigh and decided to go with the flow for the time being. The crowd's good mood was a bit infectious, however, and the fisherman soon found himself wearing a slight grin as well. His grin faded when felt a few tugs on one of his pant legs, as if someone were trying to strip him. "Can you not?!" he groaned as he shifted his gaze over to the perpetrator. Mizukume was quite the beauty, and her looks were well-known throughout the village. Unfortunately, she had a bad habit of continuous teasing the pair of brothers. "Probably still sleeping back at our house. He wouldn't stir at all this morning, so I had to go out on the ocean solo," Hoderi replied with a shrug.

He then found himself suddenly on a crash course with the ground. The young man groaned as he staggered back up and dusted himself up before getting a good look at the one who had knocked both himself and Mizukume down. Hoderi rose an eyebrow as the young man began speaking to him as he was an old acquaintance of his. "Old friend? You sure you're not mistaken, mister..." Hoderi began to say before trailing off. "Don't believe we've met before, but give me your name and it might jog my memory. You already seem to know mine, anyways." Not that there was anyone on the island that did not know the names of the two brothers. Descendants of Japan's most legendary family...it was quite the legacy to live up to.

"Even if I doubt for just a second
I can still find the right in being wrong
so wrong"

❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤ Mizukume ❤`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤

User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mizukume smirks. "but why~ Hoderi come on now, nothing I haven't seen." teasing the brothers was a guilty pleasure of Mizukume's that actually wasn't that guilty. She enjoyed it very much, perhaps when they really came of age they would understand. She awaited the day the brothers would become men, and be able to see the world for how it is.. not just this friendly little island.
"Oh? Then what are we waiting for, look they are all taking care of your boat.. itai!" suddenly Mizukume finds herself on the ground. She looks up and glares at the perpetrator who she recognized immediately as Susano'o. Despite her flirtatious disposition, she was also very intelligent there was almost nothing that she did not know. This was likely due to having traveled a lot but she apparently was never one to stay for long, it probably wouldn't be too long until she moved on from here as well.

Susano'o begins to address Hoderi, implying that they are friends. Mizukume knew for a fact that he was lying, the innocence of Hoderi must be preserved. No one could have these humans but her. "You sure don't know how to treat a lady do you?" she continues glaring until she notices Hoderi began to stand up she clings on to Hoderi as he gets up, inadvertently assisting in her getting up, adding much more effort than needed for Hoderi.

"His name is Susano'o the Shinto god of sea and storms. You don't know him Hoderi, he's not a clever liar. I am surprised that there are still gods roaming the mortal plain. It makes sense in your case though, since you were banished. Right Susano'o?" she grips on to Hoderi tighter as Susano'o requests to see the temple that Hoderi and Hoori have been living in. "We were just heading there, right Hoderi? Come on~ we should go wake up Hoori now." Mizukume could tell Susano'o was not exactly clever but he was still a god. She knew that he was strong, there was no doubting it. She would of course have to let Hoderi decide to show him or not, she assumed that he would not mind.. so she would go along with it and tag along. A human interacting with a god would be a very sensitive and dangerous situation, especially now with the world the way it is. At least in her mind, she perceived this. She would do her best to protect the boys until they were ready to be men~

"I can't do it any other way
repeat I'd do it all the same way
and I won't Justify"

Hilarious Elocutionist

~ Vain ~

BGM

Vain looked on at the castle in the distance. It was so close, yet still so far away. His body was telling him he needed to rest, but his mind and his heart knew that would be impossible out here in the biting cold. He'd be a sitting duck (as the ancient phrase went, if he remembered correctly) if he closed his eyes for more than a few moments.

As he looked at the castle, it suddenly wasn't as clear to him. He squinted, holding his hand above his eyes to block out some of the glare. That's when he noticed it. A pain that began to creep into his knuckles, and a slight wrinkling of the skin. Old age was starting to catch up to him. He coudn't stop now. "I'm running out of time.."

Continuing his forced march, he could feel his muscles ache and tire much faster than before. The pain in his joints slowly began to spread. Each day it was slightly worse. Each day, without rest, Vain pressed on. Several packs of wolves attacks, and Vain drove them away or killed with with his violent songs. Each seemed to tire him more than the last.

Vain was exhausted. He'd been forcing himself with pure willpower to march this entire distance, but with time catching up to him, and his body aging a few years each day, Vain began to doubt. Would he make it to Louhi? Even if I did make it, could I defeat her like this?

The howls of another pack of wolves, bigger than the last, found their way to his ears, and down to his heart. He could hear their approach, as he fell to his knees, exhaustion finally forcing it's way past his considerable wall of willpower.

"Mother... I'm sorry...." The wolves were coming fast as darkness closed in on the weary human.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
"Fall in love and never look back."

xxxxQ U E E NxxxxO FxxxxQ U E E N Sxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHERAxxxαкαxxxJUNO

User Image

Hera steps lightly through her Olympian kingdom. Pillars of white, decorated with green fern that seemed to grow out of the walls, seamlessly. She steps with ease, barely making a sound. As she practically glides down her royal halls many a figure appear to speak with her, wanting to know her thoughts on the current developments: Solange, the human girl. Hera raises a hand and waves the paparazzi off. The random assortment of gods step aside for Hera to be greeted by her 'loving' children. Standing tall, 6'6 with a muscular physique, dressed in traditional roman armor of black and red coloring. At his side is a woman standing nearly half his size withe a built frame(for her size) as well. She wears armor much like her brother. These were the war siblings, Ares and Enyo. They stood at their mother's side as overqualified bodyguards. If any one even attempted to step with ill will towards their mother they would make quick friendship with the twin's blades. Standing just between the twins was the shy *********, youngest of the girls. If she were a mortal she'd be akin to that of a 12 year old. Her hair was pink and a symbol of her innocence, and she was dressed in a much more modest version of her mother's outfit. Lastly was Eris who didn't stand so much as twitch madly in place. The getty girl with dark raven colored hair pulled into two bouncing pigtails practically dances in place. Twigs, worms and dirt are a mess in her hair, fitting of her manic nature. Eris sways around, almost mirroring Hera's own movements. It isn't until the woman gives a nod that Eris finally rushes off and charges forward at her mother, nearly bowling her over in a loving embrace.
                                    "Mama! Mama, any word on that dirty mortal yet? Why didn't you send me after her? I would have found her sooo fast and skinned her too. I'd like to keep her skin as a costume though, I think I can come up with some pretty funny skits, don't you mama?"
                                    " Come now Eris, you mustn't talk like that. It isn't becoming of a lady. It certainly isn't godly either. We're trying to help the human." "
                                    Eris pouts at her mother's surprisingly altruistic words.
                                    "We help them to help us. It's apart of being a god. Understanding that you're above lesser beings and helping them accordingly, but getting the do praise in return. "

Reactions to Hera's words varied across the board. Ares and Enyo chuckle at their mother's bestowed knowledge. Eris giggles absentmindedly, it's almost unclear if she even comprehended what Hera said. Lastly was ********* who just awkwardly looks around the room as though confused if she should laugh or ignore the remark. Hera notices her daughter's uneasiness and steps towards the young pinkette. Slender fingers gingerly curl beneath ********* chin, raising her gaze up to meet her mother's. "*********, sweet daughter. My precious baby. I can see the hesitance in your eyes." Hera kneels down before her daughter, even in this crouched position she towers over the girl "You weren't around to see man. You've never shared the same space as them. You are above them, remember that baby. Remember." Hera periods her point with a tiny kiss on her daughter's forehead before standing up just as a new person steps onto the scene; Hermes came into the room.
                                    "Hera,"he whispers,"you have a visitor ma'am."

Hera looks over to see a young boy, presumably no older than Eris. He had silver hair that ran long down his neck. That silver hair frames a perfect feminine face. His skin was the darkest in the room. His clothing was an assortment of robes with a red sash tossed over one arm. "Ah the Heavenly Prince graces us. What brings you to Olympus, Jesus?" The boy, Jesus steps forward towards Hera. He politely bows to her children before looking up at the woman who towered over her. "I don't mean to be rude milady, but might I please have this conversation in private."
                                    "Private? My liege, surely whatever you came here to say mustn't be so important that it couldn't wait until the next Zodiac meeting? Or perhaps its importance has brought you here in haste? If that is the case then maybe we should speak in private. Though for my safety, no, our safety sir, I would like for my son to remain present. Don't worry his mind is far too bruised from his war days. He won't be able to really comprehend a thing we say. Poor baby." She pats her son on the head and then motions for the rest of the children to leave. Jesus nods to each of them and then looks back up at Hera.
                                    "I've come here to talk about Morrigan."
                                    "I figured as much..."

ooc; text text text text.

Location⇢ Heaven
                          Mood⇢ Annoyed and Irritable
                          Company⇢ Myself and a few servants
                          Thoughts'It seems it's time to meet this human.'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIxxxxR U NxxxxT H I SxxxxB I T C Hxxxx
"Close your eyes and see
When there ain't no light
All you'll ever be
Come on save the night"

"Because I don't believe
When the morning comes
It doesn't seem to say
An awful lot to me"

~†~ ???? ~†~
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
"Cut to the brain, this ain't no game
"I'll show no shame, I'll birth this blame
I'm twisted Cain, I'll twist again
I'll push the blade as plain as day"
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

An ambiguous figure appears walking through the white abyss. It appeared masculine in posture. His clothing matching the color of the tundra he traverses through, along with stylish white fur. The figure was heavily masked, with a hood, face mask, and covering his eyes with white cloth. Seemingly unable to see, but knowing where to go. He stops and observes a distant castle after this brief gaze, be begins to trek down to level ground but again stops, this time not to observe the castle though.
zzzzzttttchhhhhh
"Set up camp for the night, you're almost there. We'll have you begin phase two tomorrow morning."

The figure detaches four rods from his backpack and places one rod in the snow and soon places the others forming a square. They expand and set up a foundation that formed a cube shape. From there he unpacks a special device that quickly covers the foundation with some sort of substance that created shelter. While it wasn't easily explained, it was likely something similar to a 3-D printer. Very odd for any being to be carrying such a device, perhaps a left over from human civilization.

After finalizing the miniature camp. The figure looks around, he heard the howls of wolves nearby. Curious as to what they could possibly be doing out here, he makes his way towards the howls. He observes wolves getting pushed away by seemingly nothing, and he heard other sounds as well. He then see's a figure fighting off the wolves. The figure's stomach growls, it appeared he was as hungry as the wolves were. He notices the exhausted being beginning to pass out as the wolves begin to surround him. This being had special abilities, and as he looked what direction he was heading to.. it was the castle. Which was same destination he was heading.

The figure runs to the collapsed stranger and pulls out a knife. He readily defends the stranger stabbing any wolves that got close, the animals realize they can't get to their meal, leave with their tails behind their backs. The figure picks up the collapsed stranger and takes him to his camp a small distance away. He unrolled a blanket to put on the being, he stared at him - Vain for a moment. Something seemed off about him, but he would have all the questions for when Vain would wake up.

After a short nap, the figure stirs awake. He observes Vain still resting, but now the sun was beginning to peek. zzzzzttchhhhhhh "Begin phase two, you know what to do. Good luck out there, you will need it while fighting a god" the figure drops his hood and blinding cloth to reveal a similar appearance to Vain. Although there was no way to be sure, as gods and other mystical beings can take on human-like appearances as well. He begins to shake Vain a bit, hoping to wake him.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Hilarious Elocutionist

~ Vain ~

BGM

Vain's sleep was restless. His dreams were plagued with images of his mother, murdered at the hands of his own kind. He felt her blood on his hands, still, even to this day. Then Louhi's face made an appearance, haunting his dreams with images of her treachery, and the pain of his own inability to protect his most precious things. Was Vain going to be tormented by all these images for the eternal slumber of death?

It took Vain a few moments to realize that this... didn't feel like he had always thought death would. Then, he felt the light of the sun on his skin... and someone gently shaking him. His eyes cracked open, and for a moment, Vain had no idea where he was. That's when it hit him.

Leaping up in a flash, and showing amazing agility, he twirled himself around and assumed a defensive posture, unsure of what to make of this situation. The..person before him looked human, but Gods and Goddesses were creatures of immense power. Taking a human form is like breathing to them, which is why for a long time there were so many damn demi-gods on the planet.

"I suppose I should thank you for making sure I didn't become wolf-chow last night, but I can't help but question your motives." Looking at all the gear and the campsite, this person was up to something. "Why are you out here, so deep in Louhi's domain? Are you here to give me false hope before you stab me in her name?" Vain was almost certain this guy was a God in human form. There were no other humans alive, and to have survived this far into Louhi's frozen wasteland, he had to be a God. No other beings could have made it. The only reason Vain was able to was because of the Kantele that was still strapped to his side.

He silently hoped he had the strength to use it's power of this guy did turn out to be here to attack him.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
___________________________________________Susano'o
__________________________________________» z z z
_________________________________________________ Genius Idiot
User Image

Morrigan and Solange were still off in the sea of oriental mythological creatures. Morrigan did her best to keep her gaze to the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone out of fear of being recognized. Surely there had to be someone around here looking for the fugitive three. "Come on Soos, hurry up. You know we can't stay in one place for too long..." Morrigan glances down at her side, expecting to see the little Solange standing at her side-but apparently the precocious little child had disappeared. "Crap,"Morrigna mutters to herself, "where'd she go?" Morrigan begins ducking and weaving through the crowd, as she passes behind one of the larger robust gods she transforms, becoming a raven and taking to the skies. She looks overhead for the small girl and comes to find Solange just off the shore, standing near an injured Kappa. "How'd she get this far?" Morrigan asks herself internally before gliding down to the ground. She transforms back and runs up at Solange's side.
    "Why'd you take off without so much as a warning? You can't just go running around like that, brat. Remember: Everyone is out to get you and I'm the only person you can trust!" Morrigan scolds the eight year old mortal. Solange, still donning Susano'o's mask, looks up at her.
    "But he's hurt. I don't want him to die."

"Solange..."
    Morrigan didn't even think to question how the girl could have known about an injured Kappa this far off the shore given where they were. If he moaned or cried it wouldn't have reached them. Morrigan is about to speak again when her horn begins to tremble. Claws meet that cold horn and Morrigan exhales noisily, sadly.
    "He'll be okay Solange, you have to leave him for now. He'll make a speedy recovery."
    "Do you promise?"
    "I promise. But for now we've really got to go." Morrigan's eyes change hue, becoming a shade of red. She looks around with her demonic eyes, noticing a glowing red thread that led from the Kappa down into the ocean. They had to move away from this area quick, no doubt a Death Dealer would be showing up sooner or later.

Death Dealer or as mortals knew them, Death Gods. While they don't directly influence death normally they do have the ability to speed an inevitability. Death Dealers are the only beings who can see another 'fate', usually personified as a glowing red string that shoots out in various directions, usually connecting them to others and to their eventual doom. If severed the person will die. Death Dealers only cut strings in the rare case that they absolutely need to intervene with the nature of life and force a demise. This act usually only happens when they must execute a god from their specific house for any number of reasons, typically after committing treason or some other kind of cosmic crime. There is usually a handful of Death Dealers assigned to each mythological house. Morrigan assumed the Japanese Death Dealer might be on the way over to investigate the death of the Kappa, so she and Solange had better get out of there to be safer than sorry.
    Neither took the time to ask who attacked the Kappa or why.

Susano'o was a letch. He couldn't help but take to women whenever he saw them. If this swordsman had a weakness it would be alcohol, the devil's nectar, but if he had two the second one would be women, the devil's fruit. Susano'o often acted against his better judgement it meant he could have booze and women. So here he was, neglecting his chance to sneak in and reclaim his family's keepsakes in favor of hitting on a beautiful woman. Though he was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Susano'o planned to steal the items whilst being guided around the home by Hoderi. Would it work? Maybe for someone else, but Susano'o knew that MOrrigan wasn't too far off. If he was in too sticky of a situation she'd probably get him out of it.

When Mizukume finally addresses the ex-storm god, he's taken back, offended. Susano'o steps away from the woman and crosses his arms. Being one for dramatics he upturns his nose and remarks, "What? You must have never shared the same presence as a real man. Nobody knows women like me. It's my middle name! Well, actually my middle name is Blake, but you get what I mean." Then it happened, Mizukume completely outed Susano'o. That treacherous fox made a fool of him before Hoderi. She even denied how clever he was! "I'll allow that, because you're pretty. Every pretty girl gets one. What you said is true, I'm a storm god, well, ex-storm god. Look, I'm just here to see my family's stuff. I'll be on my way after that." Susano'o looks at Hoderi seriously.
    "My family protected yours. We're the reason you and Hoori are even alive. My sister and brother helped your ancestors. You owe me."
    Maybe not the best way to say it, but he certainly wasn't lying.

"Allow me to whisk you away into b l i s s f u l serenity."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces