Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome To Hadden

On the outskirts of the town Hadden there is a large cemetery that was built sometime during the late 1820's. Everyone in Hadden knows that the cemetery is haunted, many of the spirits wander around their graves for some reason or another. Whether hoping to have their murder solved, or perhaps fear of the after-life, the only way to know for sure is to ask. Some ghosts are friendly, others are not. Some speak, and some choose not to. But they are all there, and there are many. One of the most frequently seen ghosts is a small 10 year old girl, Emmeline. Her grave is the oldest, and more elegant in the cemetery and she has been haunting it since the day she was buried. She is somewhat of a guardian of the cemetery. She watches for vandals and robbers, and greets every new spirit who arrives there.

Most of the people in and around Hadden are proud, or interested in the ghosts, and many of them visit the cemetery frequuently hoping to see or speak to them, but it is not common. The ghosts will only speak to people they trust, or feel drawn to. And sometimes, when one of the more violent ghosts is around, people never leave the cemetery.

This role-play takes place in present time. It is April of 2012. The world is modern, but of course not all the ghost are.
User Image

☠-Rules-☠

1. Follow Gaia T.O.S blahblahblah. You all know this.
2. Must be at least semi-lit to join. No text talk. Use " " for speech.
3.PM profiles to me. No special codes or symbols.
4. No Cybering. If things get to that point do a time skip or take it PM's.
5. Violence and romance ok but no killing without permission. So no God-moding.
6. You can swear but keep it to a minimum.
7. If you are breaking my rules I will kick you out.
8. Use OOC forum for OOC please.
9. This is a pretty laid-back RP. So no post minimums. But I ask that you be respectful and not leave someone trapped interacting with you. If you are gonna be gone awhile and have been RP'ing with someone, let them know.
10. Ghosts cannot be seen by humans unless they choose to let themselves be seen.
11. If I need to I will add more rules, don't make me need to.

OOC Thread Profile Thread

About the Ghosts
-Ghosts can be visible to humans, visible to each other, or invisible to everyone.
-They can also make themselves visible to only a specific person/ghost.
-If the ghosts talk out loud, humans can hear them.
-Ghosts can communicate to each other through their minds.
-Ghosts have feelings.
-Ghosts can cry.
-Ghosts can become solid enough to be felt by humans.

Looking for someone else to help me accept profiles for when I am offline. PM me if you want to help.
User Image

☠-Ghost Profile Skeleton-☠
Puppet Master- (Username)
My Tombstone Says- (Character name)
But Call Me- (Nickname if you have one)
I Made It This Far- (Age at time of death, ALSO INCLUDE WHEN YOU DIED, AT LEAST THE YEAR)
When I Was Still Around- (Bio)
My Tragic End- (How you died)
What Used To Make Me Happy- (Likes)
What I've Always Hated- (Dislikes)
Friend Or Foe- (Are you a kind ghost?)
You May Want To Know- (Anything else)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
☠-Human Profile Skeleton-☠
Puppet Master- (Username)
My Birth Certificate Says- (Character name)
But Call Me- (Nickname if you have one)
I've Been Around Awhile- (Age)
Story Of My Life- (Bio)
What Makes Me Happy- (Likes)
What I've Always Hated- (Dislikes)
You May Want To Know- (Anything else)

INCLUDE AN ANIME PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER
Ghosts can have the ability to be solid, and feel things. They also have the ability to move objects, no matter what form they are in.

☠-Reserved-☠
User Image
εммιℓιηε vσηяσωε
Ghostly Guardian

Emmeline paced back and forth in front of her grave, invisible to the world. There had been another funeral today and she couldn't wait to see if the new person was going to stick around or move on to the after-life. She never attended the funerals, although she could. She felt like it was a private thing, and since she never knew the people who died, she didn't belong. So she would watch the cars and the hearse as they passed through the gates, then she would wait impatiently by her own grave until the last of the mourners, and buriers were gone. Then she would visit the grave and read the epitaph. She would always say a prayer for their soul and then wait until nightfall to see if she would meet them. Tonight though, she decided not to find out about this one until he or she showed up. If they showed up.

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
allie sat on her grave not far from emmeline and smiled. she was invisible as well then she softly asked "are you excited to see who will be joining us emmiline, I do hope they are nice". she eyed the funaral and got a giddy feeling like she always did when they got a new resident here. terra could move on if she wished but she liked it here on earth so she decided to stay till the day she no longer could or wished to. she smiled swinging her legs.
User Image
εммιℓιηε vσηяσωε
Ghostly Guardian

Emmeline turned and smiled at Allie. "I'm so excited! I hope that whoever it is will be staying with us. I need someone to show around. I hope it's not an old one." She giggled. Older ghosts weren't usually as fun for her. But she always loved to hear people's stories. She was glad Allie was there, she was really nice and Emmiline was very fond of her, since she had known her for so long now.

Dangerous Phantom

User Image

Addison West
xxxxxxxxxxxxxQuiet and Calmxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

JAddison watched Emmeline pace in front of her grave. Her and Alicia both were waiting for a new addition to the graveyard. He sighed, eyes trailing back to the funeral. He wasn’t one for the living being in the graveyard, walking over their bodies that were only six feet under where they stood. Addison leaned against his own cracked and ill taken care of gravestone. He really hated where his grave was located. He wished it was more off the the side. It looked so grim and dirty compared to the others. The others had ones that were taken care of. Either by distant relatives or kind strangers. No one bothered with his. Strangers didn’t because it was too much to handle.

”Why not just go closer?” Addison asked quietly, leaning over his gravestone and etching out some of the dirt from one of letters that spelt his name. He didn’t understand if they were so curious, why didn’t they just get a closer look? It wasn’t like people could see them if they didn’t want them to. He stood up proper and walked over so he was between Emmeline and Alicia. You can tell alot about a person based on their coffin, correct?”

OoC:

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
why did i stay in this world you ask.....
terra looked at addison and smiled then said "cause silly that would just be rude to walk into another person's funaral uninvited, that is their family's time to morn them, we couldn't possibly intrude". she looked at emmeline and asked "isn't that right emmiline". she smiled then glanced at the funaral with intisapation.
because i loved my life and i love this world even with all the bad in it
User Image
εммιℓιηε vσηяσωε
Ghostly Guardian

"Yeah, that would be intrusive. And they might feel us there." She said nodding. She turned and looked over at Addison, smiling. He was nice too, and very interesting. Usually he was kind of quiet though.
"Yes Addison. Usually you can."

Dangerous Phantom

User Image

Addison West
xxxxxxxxxxxxxQuiet and Calmxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Addison's eyes dropped to the ground. He knew Alicia didn't mean anything by calling him silly, but he felt like he should of known such a thing. Or, maybe he was right not to know the proper actions one took during a funeral. After all, before his own death, he had never attended such a thing. "Oh. Then I must be sure to apologize to the new comer for my suggestion." he said quietly. Slowly allowing his eyes to trail back to the ceremony.

Honestly, Addison didn't remember the first week or so after his own funeral. He couldn't even remember meeting Emmiline or Alicia. "Do you suppose...." he paused for a moment, "I should try to befriend this one?" the question was more for Emmiline but he was fine if Alicia answered, or if they both placed input. He didn't really consider the others his friends. He hadn't really opened himself to them. Emmiline and Alicia were the only ones he spoke to on a basis.

OoC:

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
why did i stay in this world you ask....
terra smiled and said "oh i don't believe that you'll have to apologize but maybe making a new friend wouldn't hurt or at least greet them into this life, just to be polite." she smiled and played with a ribbon on her dress. she looked at the funaral and looked thoughtful then said "hmm i wonder if it will be a young spirit or another old man or woman ready to mmeet their sweetheart here in the afterlife." she sighed happily and just slipped into a daydream about if it was the couple reuniting.
because i loved my life, and this world even if it has bad in it
User Image
εммιℓιηε vσηяσωε
Ghostly Guardian

"You don't have to apologize Addison, you didn't know. Some people don't mind strange guests and some do. It just depends on the person." She explained, smiling at him again.
"I think you should definitely try and befriend them. You are wonderfully kind, and people love kindness. Besides, it will be good for you to talk to someone besides Allie and I." She teased him. Hoping that he would know she didn't mean anything by it.
"I think it's not an elder person, the people attending don't look too old, there are a few kids over there, and a very little one. I saw them come in." Emmeline told Allie. She frowned a little, having died so young she never had a sweetheart. But she had many friends while she was alive, and several friends now as well, so she wasn't too lonely.

Romantic Shapeshifter

7,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
why do i stay in this world you ask.....
terra nodded and looked at the funaral then she bite her lip, everyone from her time had eather moved on or didn't know her or moved away that she did know. she looked over the people and sighed then she hopped off her tombstone and she smoothed out her skirt and said "well since we are waiting I am gonna go walk around the rest of the grounds and scout out new plots that have been marked anyone care to join me". she didn't think they would but she still asked to be polite.
because I loved my life and this world even with all the bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff